Next Square Game

Square-Enix has a major AAA title releasing in late 2019 according to financial reports.

gamerant.com/square-enix-2019-game-final-fantasy-avenger/

What's it gonna be Yea Forums?

Attached: NextSquareGame.png (400x400, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NIRnla3QT2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=8SCSuSzhqE8
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-02-19-square-enix-consolidating-its-business-divisions
vgr.com/oninaki-director-parasite-eve/
youtube.com/watch?v=aOmbATXsGRc
youtube.com/watch?v=vvfBuu_MJ8M
youtube.com/watch?v=Sv-bofpDD8c
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/168653-final-fantasy-vii-remake/77209037
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Top left was cancelled
Bottom left was only a tech demo for the engine

Proof FF7 remake was cancelled?

SEofA/Crystal Dynamics might as well not be SE

why's that?

It's like comparing Nu-mb Raider with DQ: absolutely nothing in common aside from corporate ownership.

if it was cancelled, there would be a bigger shitstorm on the front page of Yea Forums right now.

>top left was cancelled

Nonsense. It's practically finished and hasn't been shown off to focus on KH3

>only a tech demo

They've brought them back multiple times though

im telling you man its that eidos proposed final fantasy in space

No it wasn't nigger

Good

fixed.

Attached: 7R - LTX - 16 - Vs.png (400x394, 279K)

What's top right?

another tech demo

>Game is called Last Idea
Is this their attempt at final fantasy pun?
youtube.com/watch?v=8SCSuSzhqE8

let me guess, mobile game?

Is Type-1 still in development even though they fired Tabata?

Probably Yoko Taro's Final Fantasy

PLEASE be her game for the love of fuck

Attached: 1549906996031.jpg (1920x1080, 160K)

No way.

So it's like comparing Lost Planet to Three Wonders on Capcom.
Just because a company has different IPs with different aesthetics doesn't mean they can't be owned by the same company.

FF7 remake is going to suck anyway. They'll remove all the politically incorrect stuff.

>FF7 remake
>late 2019

Attached: ansem.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

Don't ask for proof.
Avengers GaaS Q4 2019
Ni3R 2020 ten year anniversary since the first
FF7R 2021
Vernum Rex project 2022ish
Octopath Traveler sequel somewhere in there
Deus Ex Jensen trilogy finale vaguely going BACK into development after Avengers ships

I still don't understand why it's taking this long for the Avengers game by CD. If a trailer doesn't get dropped either at the release of Endgame or at E3 i'm convinced the thing has been cancelled.

dont forget the bravely default devs confirmed they're working on something

>Vernum Rex
Isn't that a joke game

It's been moved to PS5

They can't reveal anything new until the console is announced. There's no way SE would cancled thé most anticipated game in company twice

Don't know anything about that sorry
no it's very real and that one Twitter autist is right

every jrpg from square enix feels like a joke game

It's this game, or did you people all forget this got shown last year?

Attached: HealthyGiganticChuckwalla-poster.jpg (1920x1080, 62K)

>It's practically finished

holy shit, this delusion

That's a tech demo not an announced game if it ends up being Final Fantasy 16 I'd be more then happy with it as the cyberpunk+magic aesthetic looks fucking cool

That would be cool. Therefore, it's not happening.

I really doubt this is will be a game in any capacity.
Really fucking sucks but this is Square enix, they'll always ruin the few good ideas they have

if its real it will kill CDPR's game cyberpunk 2077, since SE will make their game actually look like cyberpunk, and it'll be a third person action rpg and not a generic cod ripoff fps in a gta world.

>thinking they would ever let him make a final fantasy
>thinking he would ever want to

stop embarrassing yourself

>tech demo
This ain't realtime, it's literally a movie made by Square's CG studio. They aren't and never claimed this is realtime and it clearly isn't anyway.

They've been approached about turning that tech demo into a real game. Personally I thought Yoko Taro was gonna be interested in the concept as a future Drakengard game but it's someone else interested internally

XVI is Vernum Rex Versus

>Square-Enix
Fuck off

Attached: A1B17752-9E33-432A-B663-36445942154C.jpg (700x609, 54K)

>thinking he would ever want to
He's gone on record expressing his interest, fag

FF 7 reboot will not be releasing this gen. They had to restart development. You should also know that it's too late in the gen to release an episode release that they are planning on. By the time it comes to release FF7ep2 the ps5 will be out and it will be too problematic to keep the ff7 releases compatible with the different tech.

That "restarting development" shit was fake, some autist on GameFaqs compiled a decent amount of information pointing to that source being bullshit and only looking for clicks.

part 2 will not take as long to make as part 1, probably less than half and I don't see PS5 happening before 2021

You know there are different ways developers show their games.
One is like Kojima, showing everything they can and have trailers every couple of months since announcement.
Another is like some Nintendo games, just present the game when is almost done so people don't have to wait.
But the worst one is Square Enix, they fucking announce games when they have nothing done, then don't show anything about it for years, until the game is almost completed. Why do that? Just shut the fuck up and announce the game when it's on a decent state.

I want verum rex and kh4 but i know that is too far off
Of what it could be i want FF7R, but i think even that is far off
It will be some crap non of us care about

pleasing investors

It's probably Babylon's fall

nah that's definitely another mid-tier game like automata

I never said it was a gameplay tech demo, just a 3D modelling, SFX and rendering demonstration. It'll be another decade before any game from Japan could make something that fluid with the CPU limitations placed by consoles.
>XVI is Vernum Rex Versus
It won't be, Nomura never wanted it to be a mainline Final Fantasy and it wouldn't make sense to have it be XVI as it would piss the fans off who basically would think they beta tested the "real" FFXV. If anything I'd imagine that Verus Rex and TWEWY 2 will be 2 halves of Kingdom Hearts 4 Prologue before the actual Kingdom Hearts 4 comes out for next gen consoles

the platinum game?
lots of rumours about many platinum games getting cancelled

what are these rumors based on? any evidence?

Calling it, it's secretly the new DoD/NieR using a name holder for now.

Fuck FF and KH

I want Chrono Trigger remake

You think you do but you don't

C'mon guys, it's obviously KH3:FM

But i do

You're acting like Square Enix isn't dying

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-02-19-square-enix-consolidating-its-business-divisions

i think it was the unseen64 guy on youtube

The chrono trigger director is at least making that oninaki game
vgr.com/oninaki-director-parasite-eve/

well maybe if they didn't spend like £100 million on some shitty kings glaive movie no one wanted
or planned out their projects so that they didnt have to keep re doing things
stupid gooks

Funny thing is, the one you're describing was one of the thing that made a fuck ton of profit

What ended up killing square was tomb raider and just cause.

The top right had horrible music and looked generic as hell, really hope that isn't it

That guy's great but I dont recall him ever implying Babylons fall was canceled. He was just talking about how Platinum isnt in any position to be working on scalebound or buying any properties.

He did say though he expects more departures from the company so maybe babylons fall is fucked.

>Boring Marvel Trash
>Le Sexy Meme Maid 3.0

God please be full of shit, this is the worst timeline

what are you talking about?
$6.55 million box office world wide
$4.6 million dvd sales america

It will have lost tens of millions of dollars

Proof?

Look soulful

The movie was low budget and made using re-used assets from the previous project(some parts of it are literally the same scene from the reveal trailer in 2013), but what im saying is its tied to an overall brand more so than a single property that needs to turn a profit itself, FFXV as a whole is very profitable and cost much less than the previous FF entries

Square's first part stuff generally turns alot of profit regardless of quality, its their western branch they keep fucking up.

TWEWY was great, you pleb

The game looks cool, the developer's past 2 games were kind of just fine but misguided, this new one at least seems really different and with someone as experienced as the chrono trigger guy working on it there should at least be more merit.

moving the goal post now

yes i XV brand as a whole will have made a lot of money
but the movie lost tens of millions
and im not sure it was a great advertisement

Again where are you getting it lost money? It was really low budget and made completely inhouse essentially repurposing tons of old assets that had been sitting around in various states for across a decade.

>Contrarian as humanly possible
>"Nyeh give me another remake of a game that doesn't need remaking instead of something actually new and original"

You people are the cancer killing vidya

Those CGI films are the only thing SE is competent about nowadays.

> It was really low budget
well it made about $10 million in sales
you are a complete brainlet if you think a movie like that cost around 10 million to make

the old shitty cheap dream works movies like Over the Hedge cost $80 million, bee movie $150 million
spirited away £130 million
recent pixar movies $170 million

In your brainlet head how much do you think it cost square to make this modern cgi movie?

kingsglaive cost less than 20 million is all thats ever been released about it, it itself didnt make a profit but as a tie in it did its purpose with minimal losses.

How long until SE gives us official Lightning CGI hentai?

got a source for that 20 million number?

The captain harlock movie was made on like 20 million, american movies are not a good comparison cause the industries are way different in how they spend their money (and slave labor their animators)

harlock was $25−30 million and doesn't look as nice as kingsglaive. If you want to be super generous kingsglaive maybe cost $40 million.
But id guess 80 million

Did we watch the same movie? Kigsglaive looked super low budget and barely rendered alot of its fight scenes. Outside of the final fight it looks like it was made in less than 2 years and anytime you looked past the immediate scenery there was a ton of copy and pasting and barely modeled envirements.

Kingsglaive could in no way of been 80 million unless it were a money laundering scheme especially since it'd be unheard of for a Japanese movie to be that high a budget and not get a theatrical release. it was 15-20 million tops especially since there was no real production behind it outside of just inhouse staff

>inhouse staff
i dont know why you keep saying that like its a cost cutting method
isnt the opposite true, with outsourcing being done to save money

You really don't know anything about Square's visual works do you? Almost all CGI you see in games nowadays comes directly from them which is why youll see square enix in the credits of tons of games they had nothing to do with the development of like evil within 2 and such. Square is literally the people everyone else outsources and pays the costs to use their studios.

They border on owning a monopoly, so when they actually want to use said resources it comes off with immense production discounts hence why square shits out so many random tech demo cgi trailers with small staffs that never turn into actual games just like that cyberpunk sci game that people meme about.

>isnt the opposite true, with outsourcing being done to save money
>money
Time, outsourcing saves time, you idiot

So Star Wars, basically

still just "using your own staff" isnt some genius cost cutting method

Americans outsourcing animation to korea and china doesnt save them any money?

>Americans
There's your problem.

You have only shown you have legit no idea how budgets work let alone outsourcing.

You probably are the same type of guy thats saying capcom is probably doing fine cause their games are selling well whilst not having any awareness of the mass exodus of investors from the entire industry hitting pretty much every company and potentially signaling a relatively sizable crash or recession.

>in my mind, the Avengers game will be an open-world action RPG with the Avengers Tower serving as the central hub where you select missions, your squad, and gear, then get aboard a Quinjet or helicarrier and fly to the action in real-time while being debriefed, with banter thrown in for good measure

>mfw it will be a shitty hold-button-to-awesome like FFXV/KH3 with minimal stats, unlockables, and a 2 hour story

Attached: 1547755884846.jpg (812x468, 49K)

>mfw it will be a shitty hold-button-to-awesome like FFXV/KH3 with minimal stats, unlockables, and a 2 hour story
That's all I need sempai

Holy shit how thick headed are you, square isnt an American company, and again outsourcing has fuck all to do budget saving but trying to rush things to completion to meet deadlines hence why they usually look worse

You are probably those dumbasses on Yea Forums that think good animation means a high budget. Square just has talented animators

You guys are all retarded. Resourcing can save both time and money if all goes well. If your staff is too busy, you can hire some other studio to do basic shit to kickstart the project before you are ready to allocate a big team to it. Also, it saves money because most of the time the outsourcing is given to shit indians who code for 1 dollar an hour.

>FF 7 reboot will not be releasing this gen.
True
>They had to restart development.
False

Outsourcing to terrible companies for cheap results in godawful results, outsourcing to competent teams is usually more expensive and only done to get around production lags and hindrances

A good example is andromeda's animations which were outsourced outside of the company

This. If Square Enix want to be set for life they should just make Final Fantasy hentai starring all the girls of Final Fantasy.

>False
Yes it was, they had to shift development entirelty to a new team at square from cyber connect 2, while there was no official report on it the leak that called the change in development ahead of time said the original assets were unusable.

>FF7R 2021
Wrong, it's practically finished and likely it will be out before the end of 2019
>Vernum Rex project 2022ish
Wrong, Verum Rex is not an actual game, it's just an allegory for Versus which, on the other hand, is very real and it's going to be announced soon

Attached: art - Tenebrae.jpg (1200x900, 158K)

Source?
>inb4 dude trust me

>the game that had to get entirely scrapped and restarted a year and a half ago is finished and coming out this year

Sure brah, I'm sure it is.

Parasite Eve

Attached: 052898.jpg (1280x720, 40K)

LMAO, it is frozen for years, you deluded faggot. Only now Nomura might pick it up and actually start working on it. Find a gf now, and you will play FF7 with your kid that is already talking and walking at your side.

Also, FF7 wasn't cancelled, but it should have.

Attached: 1543421116431.png (734x756, 743K)

>FF7 comes out this year
>Versus existing

Did that schyzo from the Metal Gear series threads switched franchises?

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-09-25-19h02m14s598.jpg (756x480, 64K)

Will Tifa's titties be nerfed in the Remake? Is everyone ready for the ensuing shitstorm whether her chest is or isn't smaller?

Attached: tifa.jpg (1920x1234, 240K)

The source for that leak was absolute bullshit that idiots ran with because it's cool to hate anime

>the game that had to get entirely scrapped and restarted
Would you please stop spreading fake news from clickbait sites?
They only switched to internal development, nothing more, official sources repeatedly said development is going very smoothly

Until Square publicly states they renewed the license contract, it's not gonna happen. 3rd Birthday was an attempt for a PE game without having to deal with that, but thanks to the conjunct efforts of Motomu Toriyama and Hajime Tabata, it was a complete and utter failure of a game.

>FF7 comes out this year
Yeah, what's so strange? It's been in production for more than 4 years, and it's not even the entire game, just the 1st chapter

>Versus existing
Have you been living under a rock? Did you miss the thousands hints people found in several games, and the various confirmed leaks from actual developers?
The matter is no more *if* it will happen, is *when* it will happen.

Attached: art - Etro.jpg (255x508, 22K)

FF7 is a frontloaded game. By the time you've reached the North Cave you've visited pretty much everywhere on the planet and the second half is largely new events in old locations. The most asset intense areas (Midgar, Junon and Gold Saucer) would also need to be done for the first episode or two. Most other locations are small towns or caves/mountain passes.

Why did they register the trademark in the UK then? I guess it's probably just an HD remaster or something.

They could be bigger and you'd still have autists raging for years on end about how they shrunk them to appease feminists. Most peoples views on Tifa have been diluted by two decades of hentai as well which doesn't help matters.

What do you think Toriyama's been working on these last few years? The definitive PSVR experience

Source?

Source?

I just looked up Parasite Eve on google and looked at the news tab

Attached: parasite eve news.jpg (930x379, 48K)

Bravely Third probably wouldn't be considered AAA would it

Attached: 1501906660152.jpg (1024x707, 227K)

Fucking This. People love to make mountains out of molehills

Honestly they should enlarge her breasts even further from the FMVs to retain the spirit of "larger than the industry boob standard." Tifa's reputation as a titmonster would allow them to get away with it.

It would allow Aerith to remain busty as well when the upper limit is higher.

Oh yes please

youtube.com/watch?v=aOmbATXsGRc
youtube.com/watch?v=vvfBuu_MJ8M
youtube.com/watch?v=Sv-bofpDD8c

Attached: vs leak proof.png (1632x1966, 1.89M)

Aerith is suppose to be a thicc assed chestlet tho

Attached: aerith.png (489x761, 558K)

>HD Aya model
Sweet Jesus.

Attached: AyaP.png (551x850, 619K)

She really has both. She's just overshadowed in the chest department.

Was that autist on gamefaqs right about CC2's work not being scrapped?

Attached: Mycock.jpg (304x593, 27K)

>Paraside Eve remakes done in the same vein of either REmake or RE2make.
I'd be actually fine with that.

Attached: 1530874508703.gif (308x267, 1.74M)

>source: Yea Forums

Attached: 20876y2346.jpg (252x240, 4K)

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/168653-final-fantasy-vii-remake/77209037

Aya is not for lewd you fuckers

KH3's development was always going smoothly too and that game still scrapped and restarted itself around the same time 7 did.

Quit fucking around and just accept 7 isnt gonna release anytime soon. The big game releasing this year has always been known to be avengers and they dont have any other large productions listed on their financial reports for this year.

It is literally her entire history from the beginning

Attached: aya.jpg (170x296, 9K)

>"gimme proof!"
>*provides undeniable proof*
>"hurr durr it comes from Yea Forums so it doesn't count!"
fuck off retard

Attached: (You).jpg (975x847, 277K)

Better tell Nomura that not us.

Attached: AyaB_1.jpg (962x1555, 215K)

tl;dr

>KH3's development was always going smoothly too and that game still scrapped and restarted itself around the same time 7 did.
And it still came out this year. So your point?

Why are people so sad about XIII Versus transforming into XV? Why were people hyped for it in the first place? Wasn't XIII itself garbage? Honest question, I didn't follow that game at all.

You are gay.
Source: dude, trust me

fucking zoomers, man

KH3FM Switch.

Will it be an exclusive like what happened with DQXI?

If they even think of doing another handheld KH ‘spinoff’ again, we’ll throw a shitfit that would even make Barry blush.

Why?

>Source: dude, trust me
Ok, so you're either blind or cannot read english.
Hope it's more clear now:

Attached: rp.jpg (1632x1958, 576K)

I just hope we get some news

With KH2 the plot had neatly resolved itself. Instead we got a decade’s worth of spinoffs and prequels split across three separate devices which completely derailed the series.

The only reason Squeenix bought Eidos was because Eidos held the PC rights to FFVII.

FF7R Episode 1. The financial report says they expect a income boost of 350-400m, if 1 game is suppose to sell that it would be a ff game selling 5m units.
Eidos is working on the avengers game

Wow I completely forgot about that Avengers game what the fuck happened to it?

Indeed

>Deus Ex Jensen trilogy finale
God I fucking hope

HOLY SHIT YOU RETARDS
IT'S GOING TO BE BABYLON'S FALL

It'll be the first AAA mobile game

cancelled

Why verim Rex though

I never didn't have faith in SE.