Anyone interested in a Gathering Storm thread? There is sjw global warming propaganda and cute girls

Anyone interested in a Gathering Storm thread? There is sjw global warming propaganda and cute girls.

Attached: images(2).jpg (299x168, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/earl-caribbean-sea
youtube.com/watch?v=GaktwHjp4dg
youtube.com/watch?v=E4vlAsnvinA
youtube.com/watch?v=CVuNhNHxbD4
youtube.com/watch?v=4F2JkhfT37I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the paid shills are in full force to post this shit every hour
just stop

I make one thread per day while at work.
I've seen like 4 RE2 threads today alone, why can't I make a thread about the only game I play atm?

there are like 2 cute grills, jadwiga and leonora. everything else is an sjw black trannies

Why did they add both global warming and a world congress in the same expansion?

Attached: 1550817379374.png (1000x1000, 122K)

because this was the last expansion before civ7 and they wanted to be sure it will be better than bnw, but they failed

Attached: 1501973219205.jpg (657x527, 34K)

Except Ethiopia, Byzantines and Babylon have been leaked for expac3

Mommytarja, Gorgo and Tamar are bae.

Civ5 is the worst civ game.

Attached: hunot74r6lh21.png (1734x808, 2.89M)

minor civis like poland, more like dlc than expansion

What would even expac3 be? We have eras, climate changes and world congress already. If they would make a third expansion they would actually have follow the forbidden path and be original, or fix the AI./spoiler]

It's highly probable that we get at least one more full xpac. The dude who leaked GS said there is a third one. And seeing what they are doing with 6, there is no need for a new graphic engine and start from scratch when 6 will look good for a while, one of the reasons they chose this art style.

Attached: hvjmt4x28nh21.png (1920x1080, 2.93M)

they had a lot of time to fix the AI already

AI gets better with every patch. It's still shit but at least now it can somewhat play the game, wage war and use planes.
But it'll be like civ5, all the SERIOUS improvements will be with mods.

Attached: ft5kasuxrbh21.png (1920x1080, 3.9M)

>$65 dollar dlc
>ai still worse than civ iv
>ai even worse than civ v
>only updates and balances around dlc

fuck them and their shit game

GS is 40 bucks, was at around 23 on release date and you can pirate it. I never bought a Firaxis game. AI is better than 5. AI cannot be better than 4, 1upt fucked everything up. Game is on par with BtS now.

Attached: yalsz9waoqh21.jpg (1920x1080, 612K)

I would play 4 instead thanks.

I've enjoyed Hungary the most so far. Pearl of the Danube and making city-state levies actually good is nice.

Tried Hungary but not having CS close makes me go retarded and I have no idea what to do. Mali and Inca were tons of fun tho, tried 20mn of Suleyman yesterday, will play him when I get back home.

Attached: d88qz3p9nah21.png (1365x1003, 2.91M)

Bamp

Attached: 8naxypvsqsh21.jpg (1920x1080, 689K)

Took me around 5 retries to get a decent desert start with Mali, but once it got going it was pretty fun. Only got to the medieval era though so gonna have to get back to it later.

The bonus gold is insane roleplay wise. Being able to buy units, districts, buildings every turn is tons of fun. Be sure to promote Reina asap.

We had 480posts 2 days ago, guess I have to make those threads when it's night in Burgerland.

Attached: xtlnSGH_d.jpg (640x388, 41K)

Theres way too many cheese strategies in GS.

>Rock Bands that can flip entire cities in 1-2 turns
>Or convert religion entirely
>Or make tremendous money
>Eleanor being able to passively flip cities and its almost impossible to stop if shes trying
>Hungary if he starts near a few city states you might as well gg since hes going to have 200 free swordsman and goes full "In 5 minutes, this planet will be destroyed."

How tf does Eleanor's flipping bonus work? -1 loyalty per turn to enemy cities per GW, how is that supposed to flip cities, especially with the limited slots per theater. Even if you have 5 theaters forward settles near enemy civs with GW, that's -10 loyalty, not nearly enough to even have a shift in loyalty.

Attached: xo4n3di2vkh21.jpg (1920x1080, 589K)

Last desperate bump.

Attached: ffj3h7imvrh21.png (785x565, 1M)

Fuck rock bands. I made 5 and they all retired after one gig. Meanwhile Kongo is making me lose cities left and right.

They snowball is the problem. Each gig they survive they get stronger and more resilient.

>Talking about video games on a video game board is now shilling

Would you rather people tranny post or post the same DoA waifu thread 10 weeks in a row?

just pirated it, which new faction do I play?

best civ in the world

Attached: serveimage.jpg (341x211, 4K)

Hungary for domination. Maori for chilling and pretty much great at everything. Mali for diplomatic or domination or religion hell he can do anything almost. Those are the big winners.

Inca is also OP. Ultra defensive, insane growth, you can have a chill tall science game with 30+ pop cities. Get communism foe that sweet bonus prod per citizen and you can do whatever.

Attached: 7j6x45wwhxh21.jpg (1920x1080, 757K)

niggerjews it is then

Call to Power 2 had global warming and sea rising 20 years ago. Except it also had diamond and nano ages and you could start building underwater cities like a boss and mine oceanic fissures after that.

I was merely shitposting user, global warming was in every civ game except the turd that was V.

I wonder why 5 didnt have it?
I remember ecology being the endgame in 4, balancing a constant war with maintaining a liveable land.

They should also add ozone layer depletion mechanic, remember that one?

And global cooling too while we're at it.

Attached: TIME-magazine-cooling-to-warming-1973-2006.jpg (544x306, 197K)

man this game looks like absolute shit. I don't know how anyone who isn't a zoomer is not made physically nauseous by images like this

I heard they made the map generation better, is that true?

We take our autism pills and shut the fuck up

All civ games looked like shit. Actually the point of civ is that normies keep buying it and allow other better developers to persuade their publishers to jump on 4X bandwagon.

No but there's a mod for it.now

I feel like it takes too long historically for Rome to be able to build baths. Feels like I was half way trhough the Medieval period before I could build them.

Civ 5 is beautiful to look at.

Great post. I have the same opinions

>huge map
>7 civs
>atleast 2 civs one city width away from my capital
why is it so hard to generate maps?

Civ 5 is better than 6. :)

5 didn't have it because they didn't even try with this game. I mean, the first director was so abysmally bad he got fired before the expansions. Sure Ed Beach somewhat managed to stitch it together with bnw but V is a mistake. They even had plans to include districts but said fuck it. 6 is what 5 should have been.

Much much better, more rivers more mountains, it feels much more brutal.

V is the ugliest civ game

"No!"

what is ugly about it?

>global warming
>sjw propaganda

la creatura...

Drab. Bland. Stiff. Artless. It's really terrible IMO. It also doesn't scale at all for any resolution other than 1080p which is inexcusable if you ask me.

If I'm about to playing Civ Vi for the first time, should I play with gathering storm or just the first expac?

I've been playing for a few hours now and it doesn't feel very SJW, just badly designed. Little things like how the era timeline is designed, how achievements appear on there and how they are described.

>30+ pop
Lolwut. I've never had a city get over 25 because of housing and amenities being a huge bitch to provide if I want the city to actually function at all.

Civ5 is hands down the worst civ game, an insult to the series and 4X games in general. Kys.

I think it looks phenomenal, like civ4 on steroids. There is such an absurd level of details and love that went into this game.

Attached: p2pc21h6c7h21.png (1341x755, 1.91M)

just play gathtering storm it's what I did and I don't feel fucked over by the mechanics.
They are actually weaker than you would imagine, at least in early game. Just don't settle your first city next to a volcano and you're good. It's more window dressing than game changing mechanics.

>I've been playing for a few hours now and it doesn't feel very SJW
There was an Israeli woman who saw "if war is natural, why men have to learn how to fight" or something quote and become so butthurt she made a negative review and started a thread in the forum.

Civ 6 is unironically worse than 5, so what does that say about it? kek.

Fix the congress already, it's RNG garbage.
Also, nerf the spies

This. The congress actually made sense in 5. Now it's just choose between two choices and fuck you if you're not apart of this.

>Civ Vi runs on an iPad and the switch
>Have to play at 900p lowest settings locked to 30fps and my laptop still sounds like a jet engine

Attached: 1498245297144.png (808x805, 233K)

It's not. You're just a dumb retard.

Spies are finally fun.

Got any other arguments other than insults? Probably not. Shit taste dictates you must not. :)

It's better in every way possible.

It's really weird isn't it? They go on and on about optimization but it really doesn't feel too optimized for their main customer: pc. Feels like I should have bought an Ipad to play this shit.

Expansions enhance the games a lot, GS is pretty amazing. Just pirate the whole thing.

How can civ6 be worse than 5 when it does everything civ5 does+everything 4 does+ everything they don't do? Civ6 GS is on par with civ4 BtS for peak in the main series.

Define fun, they can explode a nuclear plant that spreads fallout in your city, destroy your whole industrial district in one turn, steal your great works, sabotage your spaceport all for the cost of 4 gold. Seems they're too strong right now.

It's almost like regulation and legislation are having a positive impact or something, go figure!

nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/earl-caribbean-sea

Nope.
>shittier congress
>shittier combat
>shittier artstyle
The only thing you have going for you is the vast array of female leaders to choose from, what an evolution, kek.

What's that have to do with the game? That's in a forum, not the game.

You can use them not only to steal the technology but to actually affect the game. Rebellions, sabotage, assassinations.

>shittier congress
>shittier combat
>shittier artstyle
All of those are false.

>bae
Post discarded.

"Wrong."

All that for the price of 4 gold, doesn't seem very balanced. There's no way to protect all your districts too since the other players will always have more spies than you. Either nerf them or just add something like the great firewall of Civ V or the anti spy buildings

>Either nerf them or just add something like the great firewall of Civ V or the anti spy buildings
That would make them useless again.

how come civ threads always degenerate into /pol/faggotry

Attached: c62.jpg (546x700, 136K)

You think the complete collection will go for 15$ before the end of 2020?

Attached: 1548751223226.jpg (540x439, 30K)

Hes objectively right about the congress unfortunately. Theres way less choices, you don't get to choose what comes up for vote it just randomly selects them each time and the effects are way weaker than the choices in V where you really felt in control. I've never seen a vote in VI that was like "Oh shit if I dont pass this im done for."

Tbh the mobile versions are graphically gutted, nothing to do with the 0c versions.

Yeah they are too strong but that's the point, they aren't passive like 5, just send them somewhere and something may happen. AI will also steal your gold, sabotage your districts, etc... I think sabotaging a dam in one city and forming rebels in the next one is tons of fun

Civ6 is even more beautiful.

Attached: 6no2s8jf6eh21.png (1047x737, 1.82M)

Yea Forums was infested with /pol/ infection for a while now.

you have the cryptography civic

I don't talk about Iphone games

Can I play the graphically gutted version on my PC? I'm already playing on the lowest settings available.

V is hideous. 'Realistic' graphics are doomed to age like milk and V is no exception.

Attached: Standard-Earth-map.jpg (1920x1200, 781K)

My point is they're too useful, nuclear plants shouldn't explode as nukes and stealing great works is to easy for the effort you put into making them. I was so fucking tired of the ai blowing my spaceport every 10 or so turns i just nuked and murdered everyone, diplomacy shouldn't work like this.

you prefer to shitpost

Read OP dumb nigger.

There is next to no "infection" in this thread. There's like 2 comments out of a long thread which is almost entirely discussing game mechanics and quality. Shut the fuck up. If you can't deal with 2 people in a thread having opinions you don't like then fucking leave. Don't shit up the thread by stirring the pot you don't like in the first place.

>not putting a spy in your spaceport
Just do that instead of sperging out next time

Attached: 1550261315534.jpg (393x467, 52K)

you are aware that you can play in 2D mode (strategic view)?

put a counter spy in the spaceport you retard

I don't talk with clash of civilization shills

then fuck off, nolife retard

No lmao, it's selling like hotcakes and we'll get another xpac. Just pirate it bro. Here, have some yields.

Attached: vgWDu9K.jpg (1025x576, 140K)

tried playing VI recently after not touching since launch. the game is really fun, but holy FUCK is the AI terrible and obnoxious in this game. With the constant bipolar interruptions of loving you and denouncing you, to the nonstop invasion of settlers that they send your way. It really is a shame because I love the game, but even playing on island maps to get away from the AI they will still shove settlers your way once they find your location. and I wish there was a way to turn off denouncements because that shit gets old so fast

>Hes objectively right about the congress unfortunately
I like crisis quests. There are viable ways to punish aggressors now. Yes, previously we had increasing military spendings, but now the worlds can actually unite against the enemy.

>clash of civilization players is an underage teen
Who would have thought

Put your own spies in critical points.
I wasn't talking about this particular thread, but about the board in general.

Sure but crisis quests were in before world congress. We didnt need to vote on them too.

It had better music

>build first neighborhood
>every AI on the map magically knows I have one now
>spies swarm it like fucking locusts
>partisans spawned somehow have modern tanks

Attached: 1522767454582.png (395x439, 70K)

I don't remember them in vanilla civ6.
>We didnt need to vote on them too.
Wait, but we do now.

Counter spies aren't a guarantee though, it's still left to RNg, are you even reading my posts? Holy shit

>V
>better music than VI

Attached: 1536527910447.jpg (334x367, 9K)

They fixed the denouncing with the grievances system. It's piss easy to be friends with everyone and even get away with genocide. If you get perma denouncing you really must be a fucking animal to other civs and a warmongering monster.

I think crisis missions were added in Rise and Fall. They just happened naturally/randomly as major events occurred.

You can level them in a certain way. There shouldn't be a 100% guaranteed method to counter spies.

I find it really difficult to interpret the 2d view when I'm used to the 3d view desu.

The congress is absolute shit tier

Oh, I skipped it since GS includes all the same mechanics.

Stop making me want to play this.

idk man, I had america declare a suprise war on me and I retaliated by taking over their entire civilization and got the entire world to hate me for the rest of the game. seems broken to me since I was the victim but maybe that's how it's supposed to be.
the AI spam is also obnoxious because they also make fun of your navy or your treasury or whatever. I don't give a fuck that norway doesn't like my lack of boats, just leave me the fuck alone

WHAT THE FUCK???????? The soundtracks are average as fuck and the main menu song is literally elevator tier. Civ6 is worth buying just for the soundtracks and sogno di volare. Zulu, Khmer and Georgia theme are mastetpieces.

Still looks better than IV

I'm looking to edit the files to disable spies, i'll publish it on workshop this weekend because i've been reading lots of complaints here and /vg/

>I had america declare a suprise war on me and I retaliated by taking over their entire civilization and got the entire world to hate me for the rest of the game
Seems realistic enough.

Fuck I meant VI

>Be attacked by lunatic shitskins
>Retaliate
>H-HOW COULD YOU DO THIS YOU WARMONGER I HATE YOU FOR ALL ETERNITY NOW
Seems like typical libtard propaganda

Go to Units.xml and just make a quick SQL to remove the spies, not that hard

DELETE FROM Types WHERE Type='UNIT_SPY';
DELETE FROM TypeTags WHERE Type='UNIT_SPY';
DELETE FROM Units WHERE UnitType='UNIT_SPY';
DELETE FROM Unit_BuildingPrereqs WHERE Unit='UNIT_SPY';

>Before Gathering Storm launches
>I say Incans are going to be busted
>Everyone says that the Malians are way better and that Incans are going to be mid tier
>Turns out Incans are actually busted and Mali is mid tier

Attached: 1548753351868.png (468x372, 152K)

That's what happened with USSR.

You don't retaliate someone punching you with killing them and burning their house down.

>Civ 6
youtube.com/watch?v=GaktwHjp4dg
>Civ 5
youtube.com/watch?v=E4vlAsnvinA

I rest my case

Attached: 1548189410261.png (632x767, 321K)

>Remove spies, loyalty, rock bands, make all buildings in the city center and no more districts

Game will actually become playable again

Pedro looks like shit lmao
>here's your all powerful monarch bro
>A fucking pixar character that looks like a stick

>Someone tries to kill you and burn down your house
>Beat them up and make sure they can't try it again
>OMG! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

Terraforming. Reclaiming land from the sea, tile conversion, being able to steal plant resources and replant them elsewhere, varying height tiles adjusted to be more like Endless Legend, and so on.

Why would you want to remove all the fun from the game?

It seems possible, if there's enough demand i can try modding this.

>all powerful monarch
>brazil

While most of the tracks are in fact better then V there is such atrocites as Russian theme.

It took me resetting for close to 2 hours to get a good start as Hungary, but I managed to get a domination victory over Immortal AI before they even got to the Atomic Era by waging eternal war and buying city state units close to the AI I was trying to fuck.

Yeah its so fun having your entire day long match be crippled by RNG you cant fully counter and have to unrealistically wrestle with.

Do you have GS? It's simple, you can do whatever you want to them as long as it doesn't exceed the grievances they inflicted you. You can easily go above but then you need to maintain solid relationships. Was Teddy angry at you? Why not declare friendship.
And even IF, there is also that little percent chances they betray you, gives them more unique personalities. But you have to check the friendship tab from time to time, most of the time something made them change their opinion of you, like if you ally their enemies are whatever. They added a shitton of diplomacy and AI behaviour, you have to get used to the changes.

Stfu and pirate it, it's fun.

Attached: ilzclr5t6dh21.jpg (1920x1080, 732K)

>civ 5 is the worst civ game
Spotted the shill

He ruled Brazil with (almost) absolute power and told the british empire to fuck off during his reign.

But nothing of what you listed is random.

well that could be it then, I don't have any of the DLC just playing vanilla

You do in America. Someone punches you and you can shoot them dead.

What's rng about the things you listed? You can counter all of them. Only rng might eventually be volcanoes but they are actually good.

Attached: hdup6vl5ebh21(2).jpg (1920x1080, 924K)

Wonders would still be shit though

>He ruled Brazil
That's enough of a reason to not take him seriously.

The global warming implementation and lack of nuclear winter is honestly pretty shit, especially if you leave on any setting below 4

With Hungary I started on a continent divided by a massive mountain range where I was alone on the right side with 3 city-states, which kept them safe for a while.
I was able to use their forces to destroy Sweden through the narrow mountain passes and eventually gobbled up their empire. They were the biggest competitor for a Diplo victory, so I had to do it to them.
Anyway, Hungary is Amazing as long as you have at least a couple city-states.

Oh god user don't do that to yourself, either buy the xpacs or pirate them, it's a whole different game. Diplomacy is abysmal in vanilla, like trully abysmal. Vanilla civ is still better than vanilla 4 and 5+GnK but the expaxs elevate it to a whole other level.

If someone declares war on you you defeat their military. You don't "teach them a lesson" by stealing/razing all their cities.

The artstyle sucks, imagine pic related crucifying Christ or being ambushed in teutoburg, can't take this shit seriously

Attached: Roman legion.jpg (470x315, 208K)

Do the same with wonders. Honestly I just want Civ V with new graphics, better modding and a handful of the new systems.

You need them to get a promotion that makes them more effective at a specific location, only then will you be able to level them up.

I think you take this game a bit too seriously.

Isn't the iPad version restricted to small map sizes?

Eh i give you that, though i argue that Brazil was ruined once they embraced positivist ideas when they declared the republic

Civ isn't supposed to be realistic. Fuck off V-baby. Your game is hideous.

Are their modern games that don't make laptops sound like jet engines? Laptops are shit for games

True, true, but modders are already doing things with GW, this early after release. And we should get 2 or 3 patches (I hope) before the next expansion. Once they release the modding tools we'll be able to have mods to scope of vox populi.

I just want a much much much more brutal GW, and like you said, Nuclear winter can be fun.

>clash of civilization VI shill

I like my history serious dammit, or at least ressembling a real thing
Think of this as the following
Would the character you designed be able to pick his nose with his finger? If you have no as an answer your art sucks ass.

Attached: legionary cohort.jpg (1920x1200, 789K)

why are you so obsessed with that game?

>I like my history serious dammit, or at least ressembling a real thing
civ games don't try to be realistic you mongoloid

>can't take this shit seriously
You shouldn't take everything seriously. Overwise the mere existence of Nintendo is a mystery.

Why do character models need to be super detailed when you're viewing them from 5 miles in the sky? Thats just a waste of development time.

Civilization is inherently unrealistic. There's no reason for the units, which you will never see up close, to look detailed. The game is already resource intensive as is.

Its supposed to be a seriously portrayed series. Yes its historically inaccurate, but its still supposed to be depicting serious situations

>Look at the size of his hands
Again, as i said, "at least resembling real life", i'm getting some battlefield threads vibes here with this "it's supposed to be shit"

Attached: Brah look at this dude.jpg (710x399, 24K)

>Cities in every Civ game have been depicted with a handful of buildings and troops are almost the size of skyscrapers
>But why arent the hands modeled well?!

>Its supposed to be a seriously portrayed series
Who said so? it's a fun game to play geopolitics with your friends. Like Risk.

Since they played around with black plague and said sometimes they try out ideas in scenarios, we might have disease in the next expac

Not super modeled and detailed, just realistic enough, with anatomy and a little better animations. It just seems odd in trying to potrait human history with these little cartoon guys and pixar leaders

Attached: Temujin.jpg (740x429, 118K)

No what you're glossing over is you having unrealistic expectations about pointless minute details and then exaggerating about them like it actually seriously impacts the game.

>trying to potrait human history
It doesn't.

>posted from his iphone

>ressource intensive
Yes - for a smartphone.

It's just my opinion though, i'm not presenting it as the absolute truth
It will boil down to the same debate of BF1/V then. I'll say "why use real historical leaders, civilizations and historical progress" and you will say "it's just a game"

Attached: empire of dust.jpg (492x449, 48K)

won't be getting those until the third expansion is out

You do know civ2 has live action advisors wirh sunglasses and t-shirts in the ancient era, a japanese goddess, civ3 had an entire screen where your leader has a band aid on his face and other ayyy lmao looking leaders make fun of him, right? Oh and btw people were saying civ4 looks like a poorly drawn cartoon, didn't stop it from being the peak of the series. Meanwhile civ5 tried to be serious and it ended up being cringe. Civ was never serious. Kys

4 looks good and realistic considering the year it was released though, vi just looks like settlers 7

Because its not a Civ game if they don't use real leaders. You can argue that some of the leader choices in VI are shit and you'd be right, but at least its not Beyond Earth.

>The artstyle sucks
> i'm not presenting it as the absolute truth
sure bub

>they add Scotland
>it's depicted as another England
Is Firaxis wise to the Scots?

>4 looks good and realistic
good, debatable, however if you think that iv is realistic you are delusioned by nostalgia

Im gonna try play on King difficulty first time, who should i play as and what map?

Attached: 1503828239370.jpg (500x443, 12K)

whoever you want and wherever you want

Ok, just a quick survey, compare both of these, what comes to your mind? I want to know if anyone else thinks the new one is "odd"
youtube.com/watch?v=CVuNhNHxbD4

youtube.com/watch?v=4F2JkhfT37I

I shouldn't have to post here that universal truth in regards to art doesn't exist

The legionary has at least decent anatomy, and this game is old as shit though

Attached: Legion 4.jpg (301x198, 25K)

and what's your problem with phones?

you one of these autistic normie haters

Island Plates, Suleyman. Promote Ibrahim asap, build siege engine, and get your cool af boats. Dom/science victory.

fuck off cancerous phoneposter

I wish they'd fucking tell Sean Bean how to pronounce the names. It's really jarring that obvious mispronunciations show up in the Dawn of Man.

Attached: 1545958071600.jpg (270x285, 11K)

Ill give it a go and see how it goes

set your game to run in strategy view, it'll run five times better

>research industrialization
>"DAE HUMAN RACE BAD?!"
These fucking quotes man, i didn't believe the memes but they're real

>get caught with my pants down while I destroy Britain as germany.
>Ottomans surprise war me and theri army is at my border.
>Suddenly tornado and wrecks the ottoman army.
>Two bombards defend my empire long enough for reinforcements to survive.
Thanks weather!

I AM FOND OF PIGS
MONEY
IT WAS LUXURIES LIKE AIR CONDITIONING

>MOM HE HAS A PHONE ITS NOT FAIR I WANT A PHONE TOO MOM
>sure dear, you just have to save up some more neet bucks first honey

You have to go back

bring back leonard nimoy and w morgan sheppard, those two lively lads will do anything for money

>"I think the human race made a big mistake at the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, we leaped for the mechanical things. People need the use of their hands to feel creative."
how your retard brain managed to twist this into some /pol/faggotry is a mystery

I have to admit, quotes are dissappointing. Sean Bean is great, some quotes are really good, and they got really better in the xpacs, but when it's bad, my god is it cringe

civ 6 is a clicker game, doesnt deserve to be called "civilization"

where can I find this leak?

by that logic so is civ 5, because 5 sure as hell aint a 4x game

You can't make good posts on a phone. Every poster using a phone is not contributing positively to the site.

>DAE mechanization bad
This is gender studies graduate tier, "stem students may be rich but they aren't as creative as me wahhh"
I love the early empire civic quotes so much, both are good but i prefer the Marcus Aurelius one

dont forget "The key words of violent economics are urbanization, industrialization, centralization, efficiency, quantity, speed"

>It will boil down to the same debate of BF1/V then
No, BF games depict real war from human history. Civ doesn't.

>has no argument
>resorts to generic meme responses
standard stuff

What bothers me is not really the "funny" or "querky" quotes, it's the fact that they are too often. There are funny quotes in IV too, like the "beep, beep, beep"at the end, but most are either normal or "serious", while in VI, the serious ones are too little. I even like the Kilimanjaro one, but fuck the coalminer's wife. At least the wonder quotes are mostly good.

because shitposting from a desktop is so much better

>mfw playing as the germans and get machu pichu in a map filled with fucking mountains and strategic resources
>just keep shitting out +7 hansas like it's nothing

dear god this is insane. Also I have no idea how to play this fucking game for a culture victory. I basically winged it as the Americans and it took for fucking ever to win with tourism.

Attached: 1524071235841.jpg (491x488, 19K)

DEAR GOD I WANT TO BREED MOMMY POLAND

Get early GW, build wonders, ALWAYS HAVE OPEN BORDERS WITH EVERYONE, seaside resorts, national parks, eiffel tower, and culture generating policies. And you can even play it 5 cities tall easily of you plan out all adjacencies and wonders. Catherine France is fun for culture, steal all enemy GW with op spies, and get most late game wonders with your UA. Also cute chateaux.

DON'T JUDGE SOMEONE

Reading over this garbage pile of a thread, there's a lot bigger problems with the game than the artstyle (I'm 50/50 on it) or the quotes.

Why don't you go into that rather than making shitty passive-aggressive posts like this then

Don't pretend like you deserve any better.

No, making thoughtful, well written posts from a desktop is better. The difference is that all phone posts are shit posts.

I mean, here's you chance of making the thread better instead of whining

Attached: cyprus the great.png (390x285, 93K)

Tell you what, slick. I'll post if the thread is still up around 3. I have stuff to do

see that's been my strategy for most games. it basically goes:

>rush hanging gardens+pyramids+any science wonders
>build campuses+industrial zones
>rush late game shit like ruhr valley
>usually win based on science

what are the strats for shit like religious victories? I honestly never use relgion besides the first pantheon giving the +15% to production on early wonders. I also do nothing but spam the Americans because I love that sweet as fuck free wildcard and combat bonus.

>I also do nothing but spam the Americans
If you like early wonders then China is for you. But real men use random anyway.

I actually loaded up Civ 5 because my laptop sucks and can’t run 6, and it’s not nearly as attractive or as fun as I remember. In fact it was pretty bad. But Civ 6 isn’t good either, so I dunno.

I'd pay $20 for gathering storm. Can I get it for that cheap anywhere yet?

nope, g2a's cheapest is 32, but thats from a seller with a 80% rating

Fuck that I'm waiting then. Do steam, gmg, or humble bundle do a March/Spring sale?

Attached: 1550807564900.jpg (1024x680, 94K)

What difficulty do I play on? On Civ 5 I could win on king/emperor usually, but the cheating AI drove me nuts and I found Prince more fun to play on. Should I do the same for Civ 6 or what?

Still the same in Civ 6. As it has always been in Civ. AI gets huge advantages to make up for the fact Firaxis sucks at AI.

Got it least week, greatly enjoying it.
I'm the only Civ with acces to uranium but england is slowly draining the loyalty of my uranium city containing two uranium sources so the next step is getting those filthy anglos of my land or blowing it all up to hell.

been playing since II. VI is a fucking travesty.

>>>/reddit/

Wait is global warming an sjw thing now?

It always was. True chads are out making millions to send their seed into space instead of whining about mother earth.

I think it's mostly people with an agenda trying to capitalize on peoples' negative feelings towards SJWs. Kinda like how commie propaganda likes to make things seem bad by calling them "American", or "fascist". A good example is Maduro, who called foreign aid for his starving people "fascist" and "right-wing".

Attached: 1550431345071.gif (500x400, 2.91M)

Get all the religious wonders, and use all the units you usually don't use. The warrior monks for exemple can be bullshit if properly upgraded. Religious relics from theological combat, faith city states, good adjacency and lots of missionary raids.
Or play Spain and feel like a true conquistador when you convert every city you conquer and armadas much earlier.

Fair enough, thanks.

Ironic

Attached: 1474725716671.jpg (817x342, 41K)

>let me post a random graph, that will show him

So is this global warming mechanic just a lot more randomness?

it increases the chance for random weather events, but the tiles that will be flooded is known from turn 1 so you can plan around it far in advance

Help, I keep winning cultural victories and I can't stop. No matter what victory I go for, I always end up winning culturally, either by wiping out my main competitors and leaving only culturally poor cities, or by skyrocketing through the tech tree and getting computers and sea resorts.

How do you stop winning cultural victories without turning them off?

Attached: 1523294983569.jpg (780x533, 68K)

Yes that's where you have to go you cancerous newfaggot phoneposter

Stop using cultural districts.

But then I don't have anywhere to put all my greatworks.

>tfw keep trying to post images straight from Google Images without saving them but keep crashing
I don't want to save all these images goddamnit.

Exactly.

Then what do I do with all of my great artists?

Cultural victories are the most fun.

Attached: vaq38iq106i21.jpg (1920x1080, 855K)

>Only 1,269.7 gold per turn at 1820 AD
You've disgraced Mali.

how the fuck do you get so many great artists? the one cultural victory run I did all I got was great writers. like holy fuck just fucking shit tons of writers and maybe 1 artist and nothing else. how do you acquire these other great cultural chucklefucks?

do you even understand where great people points come from?

hint: the game tells you

Just building an art museum is usually enough to get one. Also, tons of wonders in the Renaissance and Industrial era provide the points.

>tfw

Attached: That Mali Feel.jpg (1920x1080, 502K)

only for science/military because culture is for faggots like you

>international trade routes

I'm getting close to 50 gold per international trade route from my main desert city. Especially for the ones towards Wilhelmina.