Do forgive me for interrupting the festivites, but I have a small announcement to make

>Do forgive me for interrupting the festivites, but I have a small announcement to make.

*ahem*

FUCK NOCTIS
FUCK IGNIS
FUCK GLADIOLUS
FUCK PROMPTO
FUCK LUNAFREYA
FUCK REGIS
FUCK SOMNUS
FUCK AERA
FUCK VERSTAEL
FUCK ALDERCAPT
FUCK ARANEA
FUCK RAVUS
FUCK COR
FUCK NYX
FUCK THE LUCII
FUCK IFRIT
FUCK RAMUH
FUCK SHIVA
FUCK TITAN
FUCK LEVIATHAN
FUCK BAHAMUT
FUCK THE LUCIS CAELUMS
FUCK THE NOX FLEURETS

AND FUCK BAZZTEK

Attached: Ardyn toast.png (963x789, 638K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6OE8EC5NIWw&t=6m8s
youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A
youtube.com/watch?v=8yOOF8AKQbw
youtu.be/OaApHnC8gOU?t=485
youtube.com/watch?v=nQEii6Fd2Qw
youtube.com/watch?v=laQsBbwB3gE
youtube.com/watch?v=OmBhk410YpU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Based.

barry btfo

I would have given anything for Darrin De Paul to voice this

Should have saved Somnus for the end

the only good character in that piece of shit game, pretty excited for his dlc

Ignis is good. I also liked Ravus for some reason. Noctis is good too. So is Aranea.

Huh.

Attached: ardynshrug.gif (360x202, 866K)

agreed about ignis actually, ravus was ok thanks to the dlc
not a fan of noctis and aranea is another underdevelopped character, which would have been fixed with her dlc (rip)

based and crystalpilled

would dislike the game a lot more if it was missing him and Ignis, hopefully his DLC is as good as Ignis'

Attached: evil immortal clown.jpg (579x718, 116K)

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

>we almost got someone named Safay Roth instead of him

Attached: ardyn43.jpg (236x274, 16K)

Based

Ardyn is fucking hot. So is Gladio.
Why did they have to be wasted on such a bad game
Why did the concept of an all-male FF have to be wasted on a bunch of straight twinks

How is he such a good VA? I actually got chills when I heard this
6:08
youtube.com/watch?v=6OE8EC5NIWw&t=6m8s

Attached: ardynhappy.jpg (1280x781, 126K)

>straight
have you seen Iggy and prompto?
there's no way those 2 are straight

Attached: Best Boy.jpg (1200x675, 121K)

Prompto lusts for Cindy though

Ignis probably likes Aranea

Actually, Safay Roth's role was given to Ravus.
Ravus was originally the Ardyn role (mysterious Imperial guy with magic powers) and Safay Roth was the militaristic imperial guy.
Then Safay got scrapped so they gave all his writing/role to Ravus and Ardyn became the main antagonist instead.

Ignis is definitely gay but it hardly matters since he never acts on it

>Ignis probably likes Aranea
Wrong

Attached: For NOCTIS.png (1844x1034, 826K)

Somehow his performance elevated an otherwise typical BBEG to a level where I feel bad the character is trapped in a game like SWTOR
youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A

Attached: Valkorion.png (593x781, 713K)

Oh right, true. Still, having someone named Safay Roth in the game would have been so bad

To be fair that's a fan name, in the documents he's internally referred to as "Sapphirus".
It's just that his katakana is very similar to Sephiroth and can be interpreted as "Safayroth" in romanization.

Darin is genuinely a top tier voice actor, he immediately went up in my Top 5 non-Japanese VAs after I heard him in TOR and FF15.
Heck, I only put up with FF15 mostly thanks to him as Ardyn.

>tfw aranea drops in at night
>keep fighting enemies with her for over 30 minutes

holy shit that was amazing

does he have his own DLC? I thought they cancelled everything and made an anime or something

Everything I see no matter how much people hate the game everybody loves Ardyn. Why he so based bros?

Yes. Coming March 26th. There's an anime prologue on YouTube to it.

Attached: epardyn3.jpg (554x314, 56K)

His DLC is the only one they haven't cancelled, the DLC also has its own prologue animated short that is mandatory to watch to understand the DLC properly:

It also helps that it has the best use of "Somnus" as theme in entirety of FF15 and has the most of old Versus spirit in it.

I don't know, I like both Ardyn more though

Attached: ardyngun.jpg (1229x650, 71K)

Because he is extremely relateable and because he is quite literally Jesus, it also helps that he still achieves all his goals in the end.

Attached: 92e.jpg (622x652, 113K)

FUCK

SOMNUS

How is he Jesus?

>Healer of the people
>33 years old
>Living in ancient not-Rome
>Stabbed with a spear in the left abdomen
>Literally looks like Jesus
>Literally the Chosen One
I don't know, you tell me

watch this

Darin is a guy who can do whatever the fuck he wants with his voice tone and still sound godlike. He also seems to enjoy most of the voice roles given to him.

Where does it say he is 33?

AND LITERALLY FUCK CINDY

Attached: 552.jpg (850x1288, 352K)

Dev Q&A
youtu.be/OaApHnC8gOU?t=485

FF15 has top tier girls but Ardyn is still the best girl
youtube.com/watch?v=nQEii6Fd2Qw

this game was shit
but i played it for 100+ hours and enjoyed it a lot somehow

Holy shot no wonder he is so liked. The villain for FFXV is fucking Jesus

He's not really a villain, he's an antagonist.
Somnus and the corrupt not-Greek/Roman gods are the true villains.

Because the villain was Jesus

Honestly we don't know if Somnus is a bad guy. Gotta wait until the DLC comes out

Even if he is, he's not a black-and-white bad guy

So far Somnus comes off as an asshole

Ardyn is really just a tragic figure, he thought that absorbing daemons inside him was the solution against the Starscourge but it backfired on him.
However, as much as things were stuck against his good intentions, his villany comes from the fact that his revenge is overexcessive and basically condemns the world into a barren wasteland with only a bunch of humans left, barely any technology, almost no wildlife, no deities that can help and no political figures that can take the reins of civilisations.
Truly he is a more modern equivalent of Chaos.

So from my understanding Somnus fucked over Ardyn and is a faggot

i haven't watched the episode yet

He probably ,rant that Ardyn started off as Jesus

The animated short explicitly showed me as sadistic maniac who burns people by the thousands with psychopathic gleeful snare, sending assassins after his brother, literally staging a coup d'état and attacking his brother with the same gleeful psychotic smile.
Watch it carefully, Ardyn never pulls a weapon until Somnus explicitly attacks him first.
Somnus is quite literally just a psycho and gods don't give a shit as long as they get a pawn to fight the Space AIDS for them.

>and no political figures that can take the reins of civilisations.
ignis probably became the leader or something

Attached: ignisebony.jpg (1920x1080, 230K)

Fuck off Bazztek nobody cares for your shit game, stop shilling it here.

It's literally on this page user

He was a dick, but both wanted to eliminate the Starscourge in their own way.

>but it backfired on him
It clearly didn't until AFTER Somnus went full Satan.
Ardyn only stopped controlling it because Somnus just took everything from him

The anime prologue shows that he was starting to lose control more and more, to the point of needing to hide from his followers.

Nah, in fact it was Ardyn being a retard for thinking he could save the world by absorbing the Scourge. And we don't know what happened when Aera saw the vision. Maybe she planned something with Somnus.
She saw a shocking vision that Bahamut showed her.

Somnus and Ardyn also had a nice childhood, Somnus looked up to Ardyn and they were all good, went hunting together etc.
It was just their difference in opinion on how the Scourge should be dealt with. Somnus won.
He staged Ardyn to be a monster so he would
have full support of the people.

"He's become the monster I made him out to be."

Attached: 0cfa1e3a9c9f7a6f397d5bbae05dd381.webm (800x402, 947K)

He was able to control it until Somnus provoked him

He had bursts of Starscourge even before that, once after just healing a village woman and once while running away from soldiers.

Yeah, me too.

>Maybe she planned something with Somnus.
Her fucking shocked expression of pure disbelief when Somnus launches his coup and tries to assassinate Ardyn in front of everyone is all the proof you need that Somnus was NOT chosen and was in fact a petty asshole doing a powergrab.

Also Ardyn only got rejected by the crystal AFTER he gave in to the Space AIDS as a direct result of Somnus' coup and him killing Aera. The gods and Crystal clearly had no problems with choosing Ardyn beforehand.
He didn't get rejected because he was storing the AIDS in him, he got rejected because he gave in to the AIDS.

With the Crystal's power he could've easily purged himself of the Space AIDS and kept doing his healing for infinity by the way so your point is moot.

Somnus is literally Satan incarnate.

Somnus started enjoying his conflict with Ardyn, but he didn’t burn innocents, he ‘simply’ burned everyone that was infected, no matter the stage of infection. Once Ardyn went berserk and was stopped, he didn’t gloat.

Except both the anime short dialogue from villagers and the dev Q&A explicitly say Somnus burned everyone, infected or not, for merely being SUSPECTED of coming in contact with a person that MIGHT have had Space AIDS.

Yeah I don't know
We'll see soon

Attached: epardyn4.jpg (1280x720, 172K)

This post has little substance without photo proof but I swear one day I was visiting London I saw a woman dressed exactly like him, red hair and hat and everything, walking around the Victoria memorial outside Buckingham palace. I wanted to take a picture but it felt weird.

Prompto's Episode outfit makes me want to hug him.

Ardyn was chosen by the Crystal, Aera told Somnus that. Somnus pretended he accepted that fate and led Ardyn back to the tower, before he revealed his plan. When Ardyn touched the Crystal with the black goo, the Crystal rejected him and accepted Somnus as the chosen king.

Maybe it was him
youtube.com/watch?v=laQsBbwB3gE

they were possibly infected too, they deserved it. You don’t touch these people and come unharmed.

The characters in this game (for the most part) were unironically great.

It's just a shame about the game they're shackled to.

Based on the footage shown for the DLC where its shown Ardyn fighting a young King Regis
Why the fuck would King Regis even entertain this guy stopping by the kingdom in the movie?

Fuck off Somnus, you're a faggot.

>FFXV-2

Attached: noctis smile.png (304x300, 224K)

Guessing the dlc will explain it

Gee I dunno

Omen trailer is apparently canon, chances are Ardyn and Regis make a deal or something, we won't know until the DLC comes out.

Attached: Ardyn-Izunia-Crucified-FFXV.png (1280x1810, 1.79M)

Because Ardyn had the entirety of Niflheim behind him. You don't say no to a country that is this close to crushing you.

Look at Regis's reaction to seeing him
youtube.com/watch?v=OmBhk410YpU

You think he'd go saying that the chancellor of the empire that has you by the nuts is actually a 2000-year old demon who belongs in your own bloodline and is actually the first king?

>Omen trailer is apparently canon, chances are Ardyn and Regis make a deal or something, we won't know until the DLC comes out.
It's Bahamut talking in the crystal.

Honestly yeah, even Noctis.
He's easily the most obnoxious of the main four, as are the rest of them in their own way, but they all grew on me as the game went on. I don't know a single person who was left with dry eyes after the campfire before Insomnia

Holy shit did they intentional made him into Jesus?

They didn't deserve it, but it's true that it used to be an effective way to stop deadly epidemics before the advent of modern medicine.

Adding to this, I love how Ardyn is speaking like he's talking to toddlers

Except Bahamut's actor explicitly confirmed it wasn't him.
And the dialogue implies that whoever Regis is talking to is most likely Ardyn.

An read the book and watch the anime. It's all explained in the fucking novel or whatever

Attached: plinkett.jpg (480x575, 89K)

>Except Bahamut's actor explicitly confirmed it wasn't him.
He probably meant that he wasn't the VA

He lost control because Somnus killed his fiancé

I actually didn't noticed in my first view of the movie that Regis basically shits his pants the moment Ardyn enters the room.
I'm guessing the events of the DLC were planned before but weren't implemented yet.

>Astrals behave like the Old Testament Yahweh
>Ardyn was a healer saint who lived 2000 years ago
>"died" when he was 33
>got stabbed with a spear
Technically, both Ardyn and Noctis are half of Jesus.

As atrocious as this game is, him and Ignis are such great characters. Seriously, what the fuck?

He was always Jesus, the expression he makes when he is talking about his past at the end of Chapter 13 looks extremely genuine, storytelling through facial expressions alone.
The expression he makes when Luna tries to heal him in Chapter 9 is also genuine.

this

The only things you need are Kingsglaive, the anime, the game itself and the DLC.
The book is alternate what-if ending so who gives a shit.

Honestly not even the Brotherhood anime is needed, it's just a bit backstory to the characters that's not important to the story at all

Astral act like the Roman gods though

Well, Brotherhood is needed if you want actual character introductions for the main cast since the game itself gives them none.
And Ardyn one is extremely plot critical, it's as plot critical as Kingsglaive if not more.

Wouldn't this make Noctis's story a joke? As in what's the point of seeing the story through Noctis' side and make it even less important.
The whole game is a fucking joke.

Iir there are also a bunch of side-novels but the things they tackle are beyond trivial, like the fact that Noctis is carrying around the Carbuncle figurine. Whoopdy-doo.
Compared to stuff like XIII or NieR, XV is way lighter on side-material story you need.

>how is Noctis half Jesus though

I think the Gladius and Prompto episodes are really good if you wanna see the beginning of their relationships with Noctis. Ignis episode is ok-ish, but the Ignis Episode DLC does a better job of showing why Ignis is so devoted to Noctis.

>And Ardyn one is extremely plot critical

Wow. So nice of them to include it, then.

Three goddamn years after the fact

What are you talking about?

The entire point of Noctis' story is that he has been a puppet his entire life, literally born and groomed to die.
But really I feel it's mostly because most fans don't like Noctis, he's not a likeable character throughout vast majority of the game and only becomes likeable in Chapter 14 aka in the final 3 hours of the game (far less than that if you're not playing Royal Edition).
Ardyn is so extremely charismatic that he basically took the spotlight and every time there was a cutscene with him, he stole the scene too.

Right? It should have been part of the game

It's no secret that FF15 is a clusterfuck of cut content and unfinished content, I'm not defending their cancerous business decisions if that's what you were implying.
I'm just glad that they released it because it sheds a lot more light on the story.

So nice of them to include it, when a majority of us have moved on from this game a long time ago.

I liked Noctis, kinda nice to not have a perfect, all's well MC for a while

>most fans don't like Noctis

I love how we get these people here that think they’re the spokesperson for the FF fanbase, which is literally the most fractured fanbase in gaming due to the stand-alone nature of each title in the franchise.

Ardyn took in everyone else's sins, and then Noctis purge them. Both were sacrifices.

Ardyn DLC isn’t plot critical, it’s just a nice backstory addition.

It’s just like Crisis Core, you don’t need it to get Cloud or Zack’s relevance to the FF 7 plot, but it’s nice to know about his past.

SOUL does that for games

>people don't like Noctis
Where did you get that idea?

>Holy shit did they intentional made him into Jesus?
He's always been jesus user

Attached: Ardyninshackles.jpg (1280x1810, 117K)

>FUCK ARANEA
yes please

I didn't mind Noctis. He acted like a cunt for a bit after Luna got shanked, but that's understandable.

His relationship with his friends made him likeable enough. He just wasn't particularly great or anything until the end.

I liked Noctis exactly because of that. He knew about his fate and he hated the fact he was dealt such a shitty, unfair, hand. His reactions were understandable.

every dlc for pretty much every game is not enjoyed by the majority of the owners of the original game

Why do I get the feeling that Ardyn never stopped being the Chosen One? The dialogue with Bahamut at the end of the DLC trailer and the Omen trailer make me think that he's essentially still doing his role as the ultimate sacrifice, becoming the designated evil to cleanse the world while Noctis is paying the blood price of his family's 2000 years treachery.

We're not talking about his DLC, but about his anime short which is in fact plot critical.
The entire motivation of the main antagonist and the true villain are right there.

Remember kids if you want to play this game in order there are cut-off points where you have to stop your game, go into the menu and launch another game. Remember to save your prooogress.
And by the way did you watch the movie of the movie-game before playing? Did you see the anime and read the novel, did you watch they dev interviews that explain the game? You gotta study that shit before going in or you might not understand everything because making a videogame is too hard for videogame developers. Better make a youtube video that explains what's going on.

Attached: bootleg plinkett.png (300x250, 42K)

He got what he wanted in the end but Noctis is the new chosen King

No, the entire motivation is explained in the main game by his own mouth, the anime prologue just details the betrayal he described in the main game.

He still effectively fulfilled his original Chosen One duty through proxy though

I think it's partially possible.

Ardyn absolutely wanted to die - he just wanted revenge to go hand in hand with it. He became a necessary part of the Astrals plan - a singularity of so much of the Starscourge that ending him would kill it off.

I don't think the Astrals were ready for just how hateful he'd become though - it's made pretty clear they don't really understand humans or their feelings all that well.

That is the big tragedy here.

Because there IS a good game here. There is a story, and a world, and characters worth exploring and getting to know. There are the bones of one of the best FF games ever made here. You just have to dig for them, and assemble them yourself.

Because the people who did it were so busy tripping over themselves to do it properly.

They could have made the best game ever, if they weren't so pre-occupied with making THE BEST GAME EVAR. It's almost a greek tragedy all its own

That’s what pissed of. There is a great game buried here somewhere and you ca no see it but the snakes in Square enicx decided to fuck us over

You know what the funny part is?

XV’s troubles are a reflection of the problems that started more than a decade earlier with Matsuno’s Final Fantasy XII, when you think about it.

I still love XV, but it’s sad.

Wasn't it because Nomura was a fag?took to much time man

Why do I get the feeling the root of this shit is just misunderstanding?
Somnus be like :
>Oh shit, I've got a vision from the Astrals that Ardyn became horrible monster by absorbing every daemons trough healing! If he became the King, he will infect everyone! I must stop this!

Go away Barry.

Somnus never saw the vision, only the Oracle can.

>using english audio

English Ardyn is extremely superior to Japanese one, go away ironic weeb.

Nigger I'm talking about the fact that the game didn't live up to its potential because Nomura could not cpdecided what he wanted and Square had it and gave Tabata 3 years to get it out

i think the eng voice for ardyn is sick but fuck you, keiji fujiwara is a fucking legend

>convincing yourself trash is good because of your superiority complex
Ameritards go home

>Aera tried to speak cryptic shit from the Astrals like a retard that fuel Somnus paranoia
Even more misunderstanding, great job

>Better make a youtube video that explains what's going on.

There aren't actually people that need a youtube video to explain what happened in FFXV is there?

The prologue was mistranslated regarding Somnus' words about Ardyn becoming a monster. Somnus absolutely knew Ardyn was absorbing the Scourge - the guy had been doing it for a while and people knew about it. He notes that Ardyn finally became the monster he had been turning himself into or something, not the one Somnus made him out to be like is in the sub.

Ardyn was benevolent, but naive. His plan simply wasn't realistic or sustainable, and he was struggling to keep control even before Aera died. Ardyn turned himself into a time bomb. Somnus earlier remarks that Ardyn and Aera could have had a peaceful life together if his brother had just stopped what he was doing and stayed home, especially since he never really wanted the throne.

Read it in his voice.

Is there a proper way to fix the game without having to rework it from scratch?
Or at the very keast to salvage the story?

Honestly, it's almost everyone at SE
>Matsuno's over-ambitious vision of fabula nova crystallis
>Nomura pulling designs for a character and world he had no intention of building upon at that moment straight out of his ass
>Final Fantasy 14 crashing SPECTACULARLY, causing SquareEnix to drastically change course, throwing literally everything else off
>SquareEnix's insistance that the game use the Crystal engine, which was notoriously dogshit
>SquareEnix putting Nomura on literally every single project ever
>Pulling Tabata into the project with zero prior knowledge, delaying the project months simply because he, through no fault of his own, had no idea what he was actually doing

It's honestly everything. This game had literally everything going against it. Squeenix could literally have just cancelled the whole project, and it wouldn't have been as mismanaged as the product we got. It's actually a miracle there's even a disc in the case. By all rights, you should rip off the shrink-wrap and just see a ball of wadded newspapers

>shutting on Best Boy Iggy with this unfounded slander
I will fucking fight you both!

I genuinely don't understand the extreme hate for this game.
Yes- it was lacking and yes the fact that a royal edition needed to be made with all the added content is infuriating, but is the game really as bad as everyone says?
Although I did play it around when it released so I don't remember, it didn't seem like that bad of a game. The second part felt a little...off compared to the first half of the game but I can't quite figure out why.

Attached: -oaEvSwZ.jpg (240x240, 11K)

Honestly yes, just include everything in the main game at chronological points that make sense.
Have Brotherhood and Kingsglaive in main menu as options to watch.
Have the main story ask you if you want to start Gladio's/Ignis'/Prompto's DLC at the appropriate times in the story.
Have the game make you go through both Chapter 13 routes, automatically switching to the one you didn't pick first when you reach the point where the groups should reunite.
Have the Ardyn DLC start with the Prologue anime cutscene.
There, fixed it for you.

>is the game really as bad as everyone says?

It definitely *was*.
Playing this game on launch day was the worst shit ever. Ten solid years of hype, for this short yet padded, poorly paced, poorly balanced, overly flashy button masher with portions of story visibly missing? With fucking name-brand cross promotion? Yeah. That shit sucked. People were pissed, and rightly so.

Time has been kind to it though, I feel. The content that's been added has helped fill in the gaps, even out the story's pacing, and add some much-needed side content, and the hype has died down enough to let the fanboy rage subside so we can all see it for the ambitious-but-flawed little-game-that-could that it is.

Release Day, this shit was garbage.
In another five to ten years, who knows? It might make my top five.

It's wasted potential frustrates a lot of people.

Personally I found it to be a heavily flawed game, but there were some bits and characters I genuinely liked a lot. It balanced out to be an OK experience at best. But then I think about what it could of been and it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

>unfounded slander

So did you just ignore Ignis going full yandere in his DLC?

>Have the main story ask you if you want to start Gladio's/Ignis'/Prompto's DLC at the appropriate times in the story.
the one problem i see in this is about the endings to Iggy and prompto DLCs
When you finish Iggy's you see the "Im glad you were there for me" scene, and that is at the end of the game
On prompto's side it ends after he is already in the tower
How would you go on and try to fix that?

Prompto explicitly has a massive crush on Cidney and at one point even can't decide if he he should keep going for Cidney or maybe try his luck with Aranea instead.
Ignis is 100% gay for Noctis though.

Somnus should have been last

Fuck off nigger

Hopefully this DLC is longer than the others and gives us the opportunity to play as Ardyn in the regular game.

What's really a shame though is that the mod tools were canceled. Those likely would have boosted this game from average to good/great thanks to potential player-made content.

If it was me, I'd have the game proceed as normal, and then when you get to the world of darkness stuff, the option to ask one of the three to tell a campfire story comes up. And then just put the ending stuff at the actual end. But that might be too much work, I dunno.

For Ignis, I'd cut down the scene where Ignis explicitly gets a vision of the ending when Pryna dies and instead just have it be a quick flash of Bahamut to keep it mysterious enough (with it flashing again once he talks to Noctis to abandon the mission).
I'd integrate that particular post-credits scene to the main story as part of the final campfire scene assuming the player has beaten the DLC.
For Prompto likewise I wouldn't have that scene trigger in the DLC itself and instead trigger automatically as part of the main story in Ch13 when you reunite with him if the player beat the DLC.

I think this game's story is fine after all the dlc. Theres characters/plotpoints that I would say needed more fleshing out, but I think the general skeleton of the story is fine.
One of my bigger gripes with the final game is actually the atmosphere, in a lot of the trailers there lots of insomnia like interiors like pic related, and some nice looking cities and whatnot. The final game is filled with these really boring backwater towns and gas stations with shitty harmonica music playing in the background, and no real big city besides Altissa., which feelt kinda lame itself.

Attached: Final-fantasy-versus-xiii-16.jpg (1280x720, 520K)

It was partly his fault too. Here are the factors that led to XV’s problems (some were more important than others):

- Matsuno had a unique vision for his FF XII, but SE was scared and he was taking too long (we were seeing teasers for XIII before XII was out). SE meddling and stress made Matsuno leave the project, part of the game had to be reworked, characters had to be moved around and the second half of the game was butchered and rearranged.

- SE felt XIII had the potential to be the biggest entertainment product ever, so they got overly ambitious. Fabula Nova Crystalis project started, with many games associated with it (Agito, XIII, Versus XIII).

- Nomura had an initial vision for Versus XIII: While original XIII’s theme was light, Versus was dark. His idea was taking Kingdom Hearts gameplay and adapting it into a mature FF game. Teaser trailed released.

- XIII disappointed. Studio meddling, linearity, engine difficulties led the studio to output a subpar game. A year before the end of XIII’s development, Nomura decided he wanted a new engine to fulfill his Versus XIII vision, the ambitious Luminous Engine started development.

- Luminous Engine was proving to be too much work. Meanwhile, Nomura was changing story bits, designs, the scope of the project every week in pre-production (check the concept artist Ferrari’s interview). At one point, they decided Versus XIII would be five games, then it became three. They only had tech demos, no completely playable areas.

- XIV 1.0 was released and it ULTRA-FLOPPED. SE panicked. XIII-2’s development was rushed, they needed a quick influx of money, and they took most of the people that were working in different SE projects (like building Luminous Engine) and put them in XIV A Realm Reborn’s development. Nomura had no clue what to do with Versus XIII and started getting more and more into the idea of making KH3 while working with the Osaka team. (cont.)

Im drunk as fuck but you're all gay for liking this game

no u

The tools weren't cancelled really, they just haven't said jack shit about them.

- SE released Lightning Returns FF XIII, XIV ARR was a success and they realized no FF was in full production for next gen (PS4, Xbone). They greenlit KH3 and decided enough was enough with Versus XIII, they put Tabata in the project as a director (co-director, cause they left Nomura’s name in it for a while) and demanded it to be out in three years no matter what.

- Nomura fucked off to work on KH3 (using the still unfinished Luminous Engine) while Tabata had to helm the drowning ship that was Versus XIII, now named XV. He had to rework concepts and stories that were made for a trilogy of games, and make a title out of this still in progress engine. He had to put much of the story in marketing material for the game because there was no way he could develop it all for the final release, which was getting content added to it weeks before it launched. Nomura changed KH3 engine to Unreal 4.

The rest is too modern and we all know about, but the last 13 years were insane for the franchise.

They literally said that the mod tools are cancelled.

Mate they explicitly said that all "PC-centric updates" are cancelled.

I thought Noctis was going to be another cloud/squall/lightning type protag. So happy that he turned out to be a dork

Part of the problem is the Open World.
It's easy to see how the original idea was just to have the Open World be
>The Thing You Do Between Points of Interest
Almost exactly like the Gummi Ship segments in Kingdom Hearts. Nothing huge, just enough to give the game world a scale and scope. Exactly how they treat the train in the second half of XV, basically.
I'd be willing to bet that the overworld becoming the main thrust of the game didn't come along until rather late in development, at which point much of the story was already set in stone, so they had to ditch the beginning in Insomnia (basically everything in the Versus 13 trailers), and truncate huge swaths of city so it could all fit under one loading screen

that pic is insomnia, it's one of the rooms inside the citadel

lucis outside of insomnia was always backwater gas station deserts, roads and forests even in versus, that never changed.

Attached: 427d174d-2624-4e49-84a5-24d1c0235122.gif (540x200, 2.56M)

If Square Enix doesn't stop their executive meddling then literally all games will turn out subpar, KH3 is actually no different.
90% of the game is filler with nothing happening and the story is all in the last ~2 hours of the game that's all set in the same bland world, with the same copypasted bosses from previous games down to even music being copypasted.
Square Enix hasn't put out a good Final Fantasy game since 12 and even that one was fucking butchered by the meddling.
FF10 was the last actually complete mainline FF game that isn't MMO cancer.

Well fuck

Man I feel bad for Tabata he really didn't know

Yes, if the 3 major cities you visit weren't just backdrops or dungeons, it would've been a much greater game. I guess Insomnia will be expanded in the DLC, but it will still be a dungeon.

>90% of the game is filler with nothing happening and the story is all in the last ~2 hours of the game
That's probably just done so as not to alienate normies who don't give a fuck about the story. Most people who bought it did so for Disney content. That's kind of the point of KH, can't have the original storyline overshadowing the Disney stuff

It's a misconception because the original translation of the livestream was crap

What they said was only that the development of episodes Luna, Aranea and Noctis is cancelled and that Comrades wouldn't get a standalone on PC but would stay implemented in the maingame.

Attached: ezgif-2-16231107617a.gif (480x270, 2.21M)

I feel like a lot of it was Lucis essentially going to shit once they started holing themselves up in Insomnia and left the rest of the kingdom to rot. Everywhere else with the exception of Galdin Quay looks like they got left behind technologically for decades and infrastructure was barely upkept, which kinda did happen.

I agree with you I'm just saying that I wish more stuff like this was in the main game.

Attached: wdb3vvxu-720.jpg (720x406, 99K)

well yeah that's why it's like that

Roman/Greek gods were basically human, with all their flaws and strengths. Astrals and Yahweh on the other hand are big on "tests of faith" through suffering and destruction, absolute commandments, heresy, and redeeming human "sin" through sacrifice. They don't understand love or pain (Shiva eventually became a rare exception), and collectively view humanity as completely disposable.

>That's probably just done so as not to alienate normies who don't give a fuck about the story.
Considering all the biggest single player games in the last 6 years were story-heavy as fuck, it's a pretty silly assumption.

This is the correct translation

Attached: ffxvpc.png (1260x615, 615K)

What you call filler are the moments Disney stories happen, literally all KH games are like that. There wasn’t a single KH original story plot point in every first visit in KH2, for instance, and the second visit to each world was reeeeeally short, with as much KH original story as the ending of each KH3 world, which had an organization member show up to tease Sora and summon the final boss.

>and collectively view humanity as completely disposable.
This isn't exactly true, based on the War of the Astrals. They don't understand humans or care for them individuals (with the exception of Shiva and maybe possibly Bahamut), but they are at least obligated to ensure their survival.

I meant the overarching story. Name the biggest SP games in the last 6 years that actually have an overarching story going on for decades. It's a game for kids, user. They shouldn't be expect to play PS2 games.

They outright say that, yeah. Regis' father drastically reduced the Wall's diameter, leaving most of Lucis stranded in a weird lawless, moneyless zone between Niflheim and Insomnia.
You can even overhear rural Lucis NPCs just shrugging off the news of Insomnia's fall, saying "so what, we've been under Niflheim's thumb for decades now".

That's the selling point of KH.
You think it isn't fun visiting fucking Toy Story and seeing those childhood friends again? Fucking around in Tangled and seeing Gothel get what she deserves again? Or even the original story lines that don't follow the movies- which were still fun.

Bitch quit your complaining.

Attached: 6c49e575a0be0c31be4348c452195792.png (107x109, 33K)

Fuck Aranea you say? Where ?

So long XV
Hello World of Versus

>It's a game for kids
>absolutely incomprehensible without playing like 6 different games released over the last 15 years and some gatchashit for literal autists
Pick one. KH is incredibly juvenile, but its target audience ceased to be kids many years ago.

In her pusy

>Noctis wakes up on his throne shown in the Versus trailer, and remarks that the dream he had wasn't too bad.

You replied to the wrong person with that, cause I’m not saying the Disney segments are bad at all. I was replying to the guy calling 90% of the game filler, when that 90% is precisely what gets lots of people excited to play pre-release.

>absolutely incomprehensible without playing like 6 different games released over the last 15 years and some gatchashit for literal autists
Yes that's exactly why most of the game doesn't follow the incomprehensible storyline and focuses on the Disney stories. Finally you understand the point I'm making

Wouldn't care about the finish line as the journey would be far better than everything that's "real"

>You think it isn't fun visiting fucking Toy Story and seeing those childhood friends again? Fucking around in Tangled and seeing Gothel get what she deserves again? Or even the original story lines that don't follow the movies- which were still fun.

No.
I always played the KH games i played for the FF characters, for shit like Sephiroth as a superboss. And after II, i have always been cucked.

I don't think Ignis' story would be as effective if it were integrated straight into the game. It's focused on fear of loss, regret, and the looming inevitability of Ignis' worst nightmare. It works better when the player experiences it in hindsight and doesn't just wonder what's going on.

Haven't played them.

The problem is that those Disney stories are crap and you're saddled with wooden, badly written characters who you have no reason to follow if you haven't played the previous games in the franchise. Sora is a poor protagonist at best; without his series background, he's a big pile of nothing.

The FF characters are literally only in the tutorial world, Hollow Bastion for a few segments and a boss battle, and as a cameo in Hercules world in KH2. They’re literally less than 5% of KH since CoM. Hell, even in KH1 they’re less than 10% of the game.

Why the hell are you playing KH for FF content?

Attached: 722AB365-6936-4926-A2A8-961612AEFFF7.jpg (1831x778, 245K)

Thank fuck then, cause ravus would never of been as interesting even with the same role.

>yandere

Faggot. You could never understand Ignis' feelings for Noctis. Your simple disgusting mind can only understand it as a sexual ideal, because you don't understand true bro-love.

Noctis' life was in the balance, based on what Ignis did for that DLC. It drove his feelings into overdrive. Not everything can be defined under your extremely small yaoi flavored umbrella.

Disgusting.

Attached: 1503371820516.gif (500x282, 1.13M)

I want too badly.

Attached: 3a7217e427fa561865ebcc407097af5b.png (911x1290, 762K)

>Ardyn tries hard to carry a shit game despite 80% of it being cut

I'll never not be mad at this, just imagine how great things would have been if we had Ardyn in a fully complete game.

"Bro-love" doesn't make you potentially murder all your friends, humanity as a whole, and tell the villain that you don't give a fuck about his atrocities because the word is shit anyway. It also doesn't make yourself ignore your bro's wishes; there's a reason why the E:I director said Ignis' actions were selfish - he wasn't doing it for Noctis (who'd have never traded other people's lives for his), but for himself.

Reminder they wanted Ardyn to have his own game as part of the planned trilogy.

ok.

??

Versus was meant to be a trilogy, Ardyn was supposed to have his own game as part of it.
When trilogy plans got scrapped they decided to give Ardyn a full anime movie, but then those plans got scrapped too when they decided they'd make a DLC for him instead and instead of a movie we'd get an anime short prologue.

Citation Needed.

Where did you get that Ardyn was supposed to have his own game?

>ironically replying to a Yea Forums thread when you have nothing to add

Cringe

Attached: 1515283279652.gif (480x358, 1.16M)

Things that never happened, Ardyn didn’t even have a name in Versus XIII days

what the FUCK are you talking about.

Fujiwara is a good VA, but Ardyn isn't one of his best roles (IIRC he was sick when they were recording), while Darin De Paul absolutely nailed it.

Imagine if Bioware just spent all the development money on these trailers. Imagine how better off we'd be.

Noctis is also referred to as the King of Kings, which is both the old title of Assyrian/Babylonian rulers and an epithet for Jesus in the Bible.

FFXV is not a good game, but the amount of soul that's filled into the crevices of its atmosphere make it a game that's hard to put down until it's over.

Attached: Screenshot_19.jpg (491x836, 112K)

I thought Ifrit was on his side though

You would say the very same thing about Ardyn. Let's not kid ourselves the fucking name gave away the entire character.

How? Ardyn comes from ardor/ardere, which means passion or burning. The same goes for Ignis, further cementing the parallels.

>FFXV
>SOUL

Attached: KEKMAXIMUS.jpg (1280x720, 204K)

Is the messy hair used to represent evil?

no, it represents unpredictability

>yfw you realize that Ardyn was literally the red headed stepchild of the Lucis Caelum clan
The guy was doomed since birth.

this thread made me want to turn this game on again so i went and finally beat omega
its still retarded how you literally cant lose as long as you have phoenix downs