Is this the bohemian rhapsody of video games?

Is this the bohemian rhapsody of video games?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dZY48es4WmA
youtube.com/watch?v=S19GO3Xgz2w
livestreamfails.com/post/16355
youtube.com/watch?v=rdQQeJEfEsk
youtube.com/watch?v=Vh-DOj30PPM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop liking bad games user

2d indies are the oscar baits of the gaming world

no, it's dark souls
>constantly namedropped by tryhards as the GOAT to sound cultured
>in reality, quite shit for the standards for its genre
>aged like milk

Bohemian Rhapsody is probably Dwarf Fortress or Planescape Torment. Hollow Knight is fun but overrated.

Except the game is fantastic and still plays great, like Dark Souls
No wonder it was on soo many GOTY lists on Yea Forums

Maybe if it didn't have all these fucking moths and had more voidbros.

Attached: palekinggun.png (500x553, 213K)

It's clearly the Epitaph of video games

Gonna duck out because spoilers, but the game is fantastic. Easily top 20 of the decade. Just discovered the Ancient Basin, can't wait to dive in later.

No way. That’s AAA games like God of War or The Last of Us. Maximally accessible to the mainstream with an “emotional”, “personal” story that doesn’t say anything particularly new, interesting or challenging.

It’s the Dark Side of The Moon of Metroidvania.

This

I love when I go to visit my folks on the weekends, and my dad and I will be driving to the grocery store or some shit, and invariably Bohemian Rhapsody, We Are the Champions, or We Will Rock You will come on the classic radio station, and he will fucking smash the buttons just to change it as fast as possible.

I don't really care, but I guess after forty years he's just so fucking sick of it.

How the FUCK do I beat this fucking Traitor Lord? I've been fighting him for two fucking days now, he's the only boss that's giving me this kind of fucking trouble.

bohemian rhapsody is trash taste
so no, it isnt

shade cloak

He's easy as fuck user, maybe get some help from Cloth if you can't beat them.

Attached: The Crew.png (500x309, 101K)

T. Video games journalist

Oh you mean the thing that I need to get into the boss fight and dodge all of his fucking attacks? Thanks for the advice asshole I bet you'll tell me I need to breath to avoid choking.
Cunt.

I beat him in my first try, shadecloak into him my dude and hit his ass.

Is this the Hollow Knight thread?

Attached: 1550695662899.png (500x473, 251K)

What's even killing you if you're dodging everything with shade cloak?
You need to pay close attention to the cooldown on the ability or you'll dodge facefirst into an attack

How about we have a thread about the Ghost's purity again?
HE ISN'T HOLLOW

>Two Slaps of health
>No time to heal because his ass is on you nonstop
>You need pinpoint precision to dodge his nonstop attacks
>Cloth barely hits him because she's fucking useless
>Lol he's easy man just get good
Why the hell did I even bother?

>pinpoint precision
If he jumps, walk forward.
If he dashes towards you, either jump over and pogo him or shade cloak through.
If he does the slam thing, then try and shade cloak through.
>he's easy
For me at least, maybe I'm biased because I'm on Pantheon of Hallownest.

Attached: best bug.jpg (651x900, 268K)

>has shadecloak
>is a retarded shitter
I don't know how you have problems when I beat him first try, and I smashed a controller fighting Watcher Knights.

Attached: 1550145046099.jpg (772x833, 54K)

He's attacking fucking nonstop so the shade cloak isn't always ready and I never have fucking room to maneuver away from his ass because he keeps pushing me to the corners. If I get too far away this cunt uses those stupid frisbees then charges me so I have to be fucking perfect to dodge three attacks at once. That stupid shockwave attack he uses 2-3 times in a go means I have to dodge in, move back, dodge in, move back, dodge in and HOPE TO FUCKING GOD he's not attacking me right afterwards oh goody he's attacking me.
I have the second nail upgrade, I've got plenty of boosts for the fight, I even have that stupid gas emblem equipped just so he takes a bit of extra damage from being near me SO FUCKING OFTEN. Nothing works, dude's kicking my ass for going on 9 hours worth of gameplay now.
FUCK this fight I'm fucking sick of it.

I know your old man's feel. Worked construction through college and listening to the same 20 classic rock songs on repeat over the radio every single day will make you hate the genre after a summer or two.

How the fuck? So you're telling me I'm retarded for losing to the Traitor Lord yet you're the one who got pissy over a shitty gank fight that was over in 5 minutes?
>Yea Forums, the ultimate contrarians.

> voidshitters using the image of our beloved King to promote themselves
Refuse and regret not welcome.

>451937595
Good bait, user!
Watcher Knights was hard! You're just severely fucked in the head!

Attached: 976871b1171f5a1eab5235cd2d4934ee.jpg (640x712, 51K)

Hornet's panties!

Attached: 1550552595742.png (3840x2160, 2.6M)

If both Watcher knights go on opposite sides you're fucked because one will jump and the other will roll, granted I didn't have a spin nail art or shadecloak when I did the fight but that's a boss where you can be reasonably stuck on. Traitor Lord is fought with the fuckin' Shade cloak so I don't know how you're hsving problems.

What the fuck is a bohemian rhapsody?

>mfw PK used void to protect himself
>mfw PK isn't perfect, but is still cooler than the radiance
Listen buddy until you show me that PK is cooler than Lord Of Shades then PK isn't cool enough for him to be my number one.
Though this image is really cute and I like the dad/son relationship in the fandom between PK and HK.

Attached: 1549916015304.jpg (571x1677, 121K)

(Literal) boomer music from some overrated assfucker.

I did the super rhino brothers forever ago and had no issues, didn't even have the shade cloak. My problem with Traitor Cunt is that he's hyper fucking aggressive and won't let up so the Shade Cloak keeps being uses which means OOPS I can't use it to dodge the next attack which comes MILLISECONDS later.

I found the trick was to play defensively, his attacks have huge telegraphs and if you shade dodge them and THEN attack you have a moment to backpeddle to let your cloak recharge and see if you can dodge another attack

If you dodge through his dash and then run away, he'll usually follow up with a frisbee which has a huge blind spot where you can sit and heal with quick focus

Honestly sounds like you need to sleep on it

Thank fuck I only listen to good music

It just occured to me that Grimm can also do the backwards spider crawl that Hornet does in her trailer.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN

*Muffled mumble rap in the distance*
Y-yeah I only listen to GOOD music like CNN told me to! Bohemian Rhapsody is for like, old white dudes!

CNN knows about jungle?

Watchers are much much harder than the Traitor Lord.

I did sleep on it. It did not help one fucking bit. I think I'm just gonna have to call this nigger quits.

Equip that charm that makes your dashes deal damage, it should make things a bit easier

>inb4 that idiot whining about the bounce & roll watcher combo is undodgable comes ITT

>yfw the first time you saw this

Attached: GRIMM.png (1600x900, 107K)

The hell is that?

That he's cool.

Attached: 1536576622876.jpg (370x380, 32K)

I got cloth to help me, equipped weaversong, glowing womb, grubsong, grimmchild (3) and camped out in the upper right corner.

It's better than Bohemian Rhapsody.

Sharp Shadow. Bottom right of Deepnest behind a void barrier.

It is
Shut it and don't try to change others' opinions. This board already does it too much

Follow up.

Attached: 1536370302147.png (500x641, 134K)

I banished him in my first playthrough because I was doing it mostly blind. So I first faced him in Godhome, which doesn't give you the longer intro and name.
First saw that screen when I fought him in Steel Soul mode. Still hyped up though.

Hornet has a tool that lets her do that.
Thiink Dr octopus

>WHAT DOES IT MEAN
That you are a retarded grimmfag grasping at straws to convince yourself your gaylord vampire will be relevant in the Hornet game.

>Planescape
>Dwarf Fortress
Imagine being this much of a contrarian

>wahh, buying maps is too hard I keep getting lost and these bosses take more than 3 hits to kill!!

When did this board become so fucking casual.

Traitor Lord is one of the easiest fights in the entire game. If he jumps just walk toward, if he starts to dash, dash through him. He will be dead in like 30 seconds. He was one of the first bosses I did on radiant.

If you don't get time to heal then you may as well spam spells whenever you can. Descending Dark gives you a good amount of iframes and Abyss Shriek does insane damage. Heck even Shade Soul is good at hitting him from a distance.

>check Abyss Shriek damage on wiki
>120 with Shaman Stone
Nice. Literally never even tried using this one because of how weak Shade Soul was.

It's kind of funny how many fights the shade cloak trivializes

Shade Soul becomes 80 damage with Shaman Stone and Flukenest, assuming you hit with all of the flukes.

I was thinking in the other direction, actually. That maybe Grimm has some spider going on.
Or maybe scurrying backwards on all fours is just something bugs do when their powerlevels get high enough.

>music analogy

Attached: 1545551876152m.jpg (1024x977, 51K)

My classic rock station (Canadian) could not go a fucking hour without playing fast train by April wine. It's in my nightmares now.

That did the trick. Thank you Yea Forums.
>Black Dragon Khalameet is one of the easiest fights in the entire game.

>Hollow Knight is fun but overrated
so it IS Bohemian Rhapsody!

Attached: ab722f4a283d654514c99067974039ee.jpg (540x475, 75K)

Some of the boss fights are designed around it though. Like Traitor Lord, Hive Knight, and Hollow Knight all very clearly want you to use to dash through certain attacks that all have very similar animations.

But Traitor Lord is literally one of the easiest fights in the game, you just don’t know how to do it. Stop panicking and running away, just stand next to him and do what I said. Just watch a video on someone doing it if you still don’t understand.

I guess it's because you can complete the game without shade cloak, so all the bosses you fight for the regular ending need to be possible with and without shade cloak.

Both Hive Knight and Hollow Knight are perfectly doable without the cloak. Which attacks do you even mean? Lunges are dodged by jumping and dashing over, you don't need to phase through the boss.

I'm doing a second playthrough on switch.
I completely forgot where to go after the Hornet fight, I'm ashamed.

Overrated and Reddit as fuck?
Yeah.

Attached: 15623719_1691030141227592_7476541020037971968_n.jpg (480x480, 51K)

When in doubt go down.

just watch a video how other people beat him and replicate

cmon dude traitor lord is not that hard

user if you are dashing more than once per attack animation you are doing it wrong. If you look like you don't have enough time before the animation starts up run away from him and then dash back in at the last possible moment. Though I think that is only applicable for the shock wave.

>451941439
>reddit as fuck?
Nice buzzwords, dumb frog poster.

No it's crap.
No, it's the pretentious "intellectual" film school projects of gaming. A "for the gamer!" piece of trite made by some hack

Am I the only one that does not like this game's art style?

I agree that it is a fun game and the art IS good, but I just cant get into it.

OK THIS IS FUCKIMG EPIC
>tfw you thought it was a meme album for all these years and you finally listen to it

Attached: 25E36640-C13F-4ED2-9D87-D818C0B8E3F7.jpg (352x308, 106K)

I always dashed through the lunges because I felt that if your reaction time was too slow you were more likely to get hit. Plus dashing through looks way cooler.

>Am I the only one that does not like this game's art style?
yes

you can cheese it by going pet build and sitting locked in the upper corner with the crystal dash if you're really desperate

Is the pet build the strongest? It almost feels cheap using it.

Except that he's not, stop perpetuating a fucking meme. As I explained, he's too aggressive, does too much damage, and gives you no time to breath. Literally only beat him just now with sharp shadow. Meanwhile the Rhino brothers that everyone here is bitching about gave me no trouble, so maybe he IS a hard fight and you're just retarded.
There's literally no fucking time between his attacks, he does 2-3 of those stupid shockwaves in a row, before shadow can replenish, and he follows up his jump attack with them nonstop after putting me in a corner so there's nowhere TO dodge to because on the other side of a shockwave is *gasp* His body. I only killed him now with sharp shadow and guess what? Had only 2 health left.

It's not strong and it takes forever but there's a few tricky bosses you can get through using it. Lost kin/broken vessel become non-factors while using it as do a few others. Traitor Lord has one attack that can hit you but he doesn't do it often enough for it to matter.

Am i just shit against him or is Sheo harder than Grimm?

I'm just saying if you're fed up with it it's an easy win. Is cheap though.

Por que no los dos?

>2017 game
>aged like milk

Are you mentally challenged or something?

Attached: triggeredgrimm.png (489x448, 267K)

What was your goty 2017? Let me guess: Halo something something.

If you let the shockwave breath a bit there is plenty of room between it and the Traitor Lord. His jump attack doesn't even need to be dodged with a dash. You can just walk under it.

Here let me just draw up a simple diagram explaining to you the problem I was having since repeating it multiple times in this thread is apparently not going to do the trick. I hope that this helps you understand the issue.

Attached: Boom simple enough even a baby could understand.png (553x438, 15K)

Bohemian Rhapsody is only a "good" song while Hollow Knight is a "great" game

Oh, I forgot to add Offscreen: Cloth being completely fucking worthless.

The boss chamber is like eight lord lengths long and most of the fight has you dashing through him. You backing yourself into the corner is your own fault.

lads, I just got for the first time to nightmare grim in the 5th pantheon, and thought that would unlock him in the trophy room to practice, but it didn't? can you not practice nightmare grim and can only practice his lower version..?

Attached: 1550392434222.jpg (500x428, 18K)

How come the watcher knights didn't give me any trouble when everyone said they were one of the hardest bosses in the game?

I don't too much care for Hollow Knight but the character design is great and you guys all seem pretty nice. I hope you guys like Silksong.

If you aren't doing it wrong the dashing through him strat makes you alternate sides which keeps him in the center so when he does the shockwave you can just walk away and then dash through it
He is really easy user, you are just too mad to see it

holy fuck, by pure fucking accident, if anybody is thinking how to practice nightmare grim and not normal grim in the statue room, you have to dreamnail the statue. FUCK.

Attached: 1550137960955.jpg (600x587, 196K)

When he's dashing at me nonstop like a cunt I can only dodge through him so often, this means dodging BACKWARDS with the regular dash is my only recourse, and that tends to take me towards *gasp* a wall!
This guy mentions a jump attack but he literally never uses one. Is that how you're supposed to get under him? All he ever does is DASH, shockwave, and occasionally let loose a pair of shitty frisbees.

It’s not a meme, you’re just autistic. Traitor Lord is one of the easiest fights once you realize how to do it. Just because you somehow can’t figure it out doesn’t mean everyone else is wrong. Just watch a video for fucks sake and look how easy it really is.

No idea. They've only got like 3 moves, 1 of which is short range and rarely happens. And they never change their pattern.
All they do is attack frequently, and with a relatively high health pool, but they do so by doing nothing but the exact same all over and over without alterations.

no, it would be dark souls but HK is almost as good

tHE ONLY TRUE, true true bullshit boss in this game, is Markoth. I have mastered every boss basically, but markoth is the one that is always just "this is basically down to luck" as confirmed by most others

> doesn’t know dark souls is a game

Where have you been?

You got there overleveled. People who have troubles with Watcher Knights usually do because they try to do them with nail+1 and no good spells.

It's shit, start a new one

Because no lewds?

Let’s fix that, then.

Attached: 29DD305D-EFBB-4488-8183-C40E18AF102A.png (468x988, 192K)

I ended up doing Watcher Knights super late because I'm a retard who missed the lever in the area before the lift, so I thought it was locked until you met some other condition. And I still had a bit of trouble with them even when overgeared

Is it a pop culture phenomenon written by one person?

Markoth and Absolute Bullshit are the only two boss fights that I can’t master. Both feel like there’s too much luck involved. First phase radiance is a cakewalk, and you can cheese the third, but it feels like there are times during the second where you just can’t do shit.

This counts for all dream bosses yes, it's what that little symbol next to the stature means.

Yes we need to fix this.

Attached: 1550768679886m.jpg (690x1024, 31K)

I would take absolute prick over Markoth, purely because atleast, we an say, hey, its the final boss, but markoth is just a "I'M HERE TO FUCK UP YOUR 5TH PANTHEON RUN. I MAY FUCK YOU UP, YOU MAY DO ME PERFECT, WHO KNOWS. BTW if u die here, 30 mins back

I haven't done any of the Gods dlc, but I thought Markoth was just an "Abyss Shriek lmao" type of fight.

just so I know in case I ever manage to get there, however, Markoth keep fucking me up, how do I cheese radiant on the third phase?

>how do i beat boss x?
>what do you mean user, my paraplegic sister beat that boss blindfolded on her first try
Never change, soulsfags.

when you're doing the pantheon, he doesn't have a floor, there is just small platforms, and you can fall. [the 5th, final pantheon, btw] you can also not have enough soul to cast the strike, and to build it up, on these platforms, is stupidly hard. it's just a literal luck based fight. you just have to hope his shield doesn't fuck into you as you bunny hop him

No, this is.

Attached: Undertale.png (329x153, 1K)

The game and the song aren't even close to similar in terms of tonality.

That's honestly a more apt comparison.

Attached: 1532005650980.jpg (673x586, 27K)

So is the reason this got so popular in the casual Yea Forums audience the fact it is literally 2D Dark Souls?
No wonder this gets shilled so much here.

>Hit, hit, hit, don't get greedy.
>If he jumps, dash forward
>If he doesn't, jump over him
>If you get far from him he'll do one of his ranged attacks
>Focus on dodging if he does any ranged shit
>If he pushes you into the corner WAIT for him to initiate an attack then either jump over or dash forward accordingly.
>Basically just WAIT for him to initiate an attack before you choose where to dodge. He gives you just enough time to do so.

He gave me trouble too, no need to be a dick though.

Just stand on one platform and don’t move. Whenever a ball is summoned double jump above it and it will fly off the screen and disappear. You can just hit her when she appears above the platform you’re standing on.

>Except that he's not, stop perpetuating a fucking meme. As I explained, he's too aggressive, does too much damage, and gives you no time to breath. Literally only beat him just now with sharp shadow. Meanwhile the Rhino brothers that everyone here is bitching about gave me no trouble, so maybe he IS a hard fight and you're just retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=dZY48es4WmA

Attached: cry laugh.jpg (390x310, 28K)

Post your keyboard settings, keyboard bros.

Attached: HK-KB-Settings.jpg (1920x1080, 166K)

ah, and if I recall from a previous thread, radiance has no hitbox correct? so you can just jump on her and not take damage?

Yeah, that's why Abyss Shriek is so good against her, because there's no penalty for getting inside her hitbox.

After reading more of the thread I regret giving genuine advice to a LITERAL braindead retard.

He's talking about Dark Souls, as if to say BH isn't all that. Get some reading comprehension son.

No it's not because it's good

based

A game people only like in the beginning and then stop playing after the intro? Yeah pretty much, that was my experience with hollow knight anyway.. Fucking no map metroidvania piece of shit.

After dying to that asshole a bunch of times I figured out a pretty good strategy that doesn't involve dashing at all.
Just pogo over his head and bait him into one direction, then when he's charging any of his attacks move to the opposite side. That's the entire fight.
bait

>bohemian rhapsody
What's that?

Overrated boomershit

Miss you, Quirrel. You based motherfucker.

Attached: 1550778167074.png (1280x1378, 312K)

Not really just my honest opinion of both bohemian rhapsody and Hollow Knight.

/unchanged/

I can't believe having such shit taste in music AND video games was even possible.

t. movie gamer

>implying bohemian rhapsody isn't overrated

The game has the best map system I've seen in a metroidvania game. It's completely optional, it doesn't spoil anything for you and it even saves your progress. You either haven't played the game for more than 10 minutes or you're a literal retard.

God I hate old people

Attached: 52526.png (500x362, 162K)

I know that your pic related is a joke but anyone who can't see how bloated and pretentious Kanye's lyrics are in that blurb is a moron

Kanye West is just Black David Bowie.

I had problems with controling movemnet with my right hand because I'm so used to doing it with my left.

Third game better be a prequel about him.

Attached: 1550679596641.jpg (941x1000, 373K)

I want to see him explore.
I want a whole comic series on his explorations outside Hallownest.

Attached: 1550788385656.gif (540x630, 2.14M)

I never agree with ((((The Plan)))) to eradicate 75+ percent of humanity more than I do when I read threads like this.

Poopy-di scoop
Scoop-diddy-whoop
Whoop-di-scoop-di-poop
Poop-di-scoopty
Scoopty-whoop
Whoopity-scoop, whoop-poop
Poop-diddy, whoop-scoop
Poop, poop
Scoop-diddy-whoop
Whoop-diddy-scoop
Whoop-diddy-scoop, poop

this guy couldn't do the path of pain

If anything is a joke it's Queen's popularity

The game is a sequel.
Quirrel remains dead.

>he didn't get lift yourself

>is this the oversaturated and boring of video games
No, Hollow Knight is actually good.

based illiteratebro

>People didn't respond to bait calling Bohemian Rhapsody a bad song the 5 times it's been posted
>"LET ME POST IT AGAIN, REPLY TO ME LOL IM SAYING WRONG THINGS ON PURPOSE"

Have some respect for yourselves, Yea Forums.

I have no fucking idea why some people go insane for Hollow Knight. It's a good metroidvania, might even be the best out of the indie ones, but it's not better than Super Metroid or Zero Mission or SotN or any of the DS Castlevanias. It's just a pretty good metroidvania. Yet some motherfuckers are acting like it's the best in the genre or something ridiculous like that. No it's not. It's above average but not in top 5.

Attached: 1391049920547.jpg (349x308, 19K)

There are examples of good and bad songs in both new and old music. Pretty much every example anyone brings to the table is going to be a basic ass cherry picking piece of shit.

This is literally the opposite of how most people feel about the game. Slow in the beginning, but picks up speed and interest as you go on

There was literally a group of people overly praising HK, acting "reddity" to make Yea Forums hate it, and to simulate shilling. They spammed threads in 2017, 5 HK threads in the catalog at a time. This also happens with tons of other games.

>There was literally a group of people overly praising HK, acting "reddity" to make Yea Forums hate it
And Yea Forums fell for it. Lmao.

KYS

Poor Ogrim.

Attached: 1550787820971.jpg (1203x2401, 337K)

Based and redpilled.
Kanye has been proven to be our day's Mozart after his songs were played on the piano. They are nothing short of breathtakingly good. Queen though? "Bicycle! XD MUH FRIENDS R FRIENDS!GENERIC SONG ABOUT BEATING SOMEONE AT XYZ!". Queen followed a plan with their songs and it worekd out 100%. The plan was to make songs about everyday boring stuff that every norming fucking shit could relate to. "Woah this song is totally about my friends", "woah I totally had a bicycle too", "woah we are totally the champions". Pathetic.

Attached: 34436.png (500x281, 137K)

>third game
>the game is a sequel
not him but read pls

>REPLY TO ME PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD REPLY TO ME I WANT 12 REPLIES OR MORE PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE

Can't speak for most of those games but Hollow Knight absolutely blows Zero Mission out of the water.

An overrated meme song?

Zoom zoom

Attached: 1E94A39D-FA9C-426C-B604-C692B315F928.jpg (1280x960, 185K)

it's a tutorial for an ability you just got a second ago so I understand having trouble

just remember that if you dashed through him, you need to back up for a second so that shadow dash can come back.

Goes double for if he does his range attack. Keep your eye on the ball/slash, dash through it, then back up to give it a chance to recahrge.fg

This but unironically

Whats the best charm loadout for NKG? I'm almost at the point where I can dodge his attacks perfectly but I'm barely getting any hits in.

based illiteratebro

sorry I called you illiterate, I misclicked.

SUMMONER SUMMONER SUMMONER

don't worry about it

How the fuck did she even turn into a tree?

I thought you just didn't know the song Lift Yourself so I was going to call you "Based retard bro" but I'm glad I refrained.

Nah I did like four bosses but I just got tired of having to find the map in every new area. Like, I want to be able to explore the "wrong path" first before I take the right one in metroidvania games and I couldn't do that in hollow knight since I had to find the map first to know that I was on the wrong path.

Cute as fuck.

Attached: heGALE.png (399x348, 40K)

It was the 'roids man, they do shit to ya.

I hope you aren't a casual

Attached: e9afef4c22a24a45145b836c9b9dea03.png (385x208, 47K)

And kinda sad.

Not as of last night. Officially a God Gamer.

Attached: Untitled.png (950x79, 17K)

Haven't got embrace the void yet, but I intend to 100% achievement this game on both my PC and Switch.

what does that even mean

No, that's TF2

youtube.com/watch?v=S19GO3Xgz2w

Attached: dfg.gif (441x461, 2.34M)

>bosses take more than 3 hits
Did you play a different game or hit every boss with your nail? There is hardly a bossfight longer than 1 minute. Use your fireball, it deals 3x your nails attack damage.

>Use your fireball
i am not a gay

She's part plant user.

Attached: Wrong turn.jpg (877x1200, 92K)

>be artfag
>like metroidvania games
>got bored and couldn't hollow knight

I don't get it, because it's not like it's bad. Maybe it feels too sad or something.

Attached: 1541643700505.png (458x438, 176K)

I'm just dumping my HK folder at this point.

Attached: 1550782350774.jpg (956x786, 153K)

>Baitfags didn't get replies so they left

Pathetic.

Did you manage to get the dash or wall jump?
That's where the game picks up.

I don't like queen
and hollow knight was good, but I wasn't blown away. 7/10

I don't remember honestly.

glad SS will keep this trend going

Attached: 1535674576808.jpg (640x409, 93K)

redpill me on bohemian rhapsody, what is it?

it's because moths are fluffy and soft and nice and boy do I love moths

Did you fight Hornet or the Mantis Lords?
Hornet gives you dash.
Mantis Lords give you wall jump.

It's a song, Satan's Neighbor.

yes i hope silksong is equally good. cant wait

I thought it was a movie or a play?

Attached: 1456692829957.png (549x560, 258K)

>mantis lords give you wall jump
I can't even comprehend how you arrived at this conclusion. Mantis lords literally opens a door to deepnest and nothing else. You don't even need it as there's two other ways into deepnest.
Walljump is just free to pick up in the mantis village.

Witness.

Attached: 1550663726011.jpg (1920x1080, 214K)

>1800 Geo
God, how do I farm some shit? Is there much point in selling my Wayward Journals & ancient shit to that fella in the City of Tears?

Attached: 1512700771057.png (440x483, 126K)

>is selling shit with the only purpose of being sold worth it?

Sorry, forgot that they give you Mark of Pride and not WJ.

Selling is all the relics are for.

Which game was better, Dark Souls or Hollow Knight?

oh I figured they might be useful at some other point. I'm always discovering new shit in this game.

>gay and overrated
yes

user, you're gay and overrated.

A great song everyone knows? Yeah.

Attached: °dabs°.jpg (546x690, 155K)

Hard to tell since I love both of them, but it's looking like Hollow Knight is getting a way better sequel than souls ever got.

I fucking hope you didn't sell any of the eggs.
There's a limited number in the game and you need all but one of them for fooled you, you fucking idiot you can just sell them it's literally all they're for. only sell when you're about to buy something though, you lose money when you die but not relics.

If you're not dying, you should be making cash pretty steadily. You'll find a charm in Fungal Wastes that gives you more Geo. 1800 isn't even all that much. Those items are only for selling.

nostalgic dinosaur

>in reality, quite shit for the standards for its genre
What fucking standards? Name some fucking games you fake ass mother fucker.

>The white lady is almost completely blind, and can only tell you're present because you're her child.
>Can only find this out if you talk to her while wearing the defenders crest badge.
This game is fun with the lore interactions.

Attached: Great cost.jpg (457x784, 37K)

Relics are made to be sold, but you should only do it when you're immediately going to buy something with the money you make. They're basically caches of geo that you don't lose when you die, so take advantage of that.

Yeah, I just bought 3k worth of gems & gem slots. I forgot that I wanted to buy the lantern though.

I play with a controller because I'm not mentally handicapped

>Just entered Godhome
Well, here we go.

No cost too great.

Attached: sawcon.png (521x195, 41K)

booptis

A lot of speedrunners play with keyboard. You can position yourself more precisely

Acklabah, acklabah booptis!

Speedrunners are mentally handicapped as well, friendo

livestreamfails.com/post/16355

Attached: 783P3nf.png (672x752, 346K)

HE'LL DO IT!

Attached: 534354543354435.png (500x700, 21K)

>speedrunners
>not mentally handicapped

Failed Champion is fucking bullshit.

>playing indie games
lol dumb PC poorfag

DO WHAT

Attached: 1437863678995.gif (488x519, 415K)

Someone tell the ghost about girls, already.

>I'm not mentally handicapped
>so I play with a less precise device
ironic

Reminder Moths are cute, fluffy, harmless and above all very friendly especially to humans.

Attached: 1550766201875.jpg (500x415, 38K)

No, it's probably the Slanted and Enchanted of video games
Made totally out of passion by talented people to create a simple but well thought-out experience

HE DO IT

Attached: 1550792616499.png (1072x752, 124K)

Jokes on you, I play HK on my Switch

Attached: 795711 - Chromie Gnome World_of_Warcraft.jpg (999x871, 155K)

Attached: Lights out bitch.jpg (400x400, 19K)

>owning a child's console

Okay.

Now I’m legit concerned this is gonna be thing, now.

>needing to be precise in an easy af game

Yeah okay keep playing with your training wheels junior lol

Attached: 1431313.png (714x850, 450K)

Who’s the bug in the middle of Hornet and Iselda being blocked by the figure of Hornet?

Reminder that all the moths are LIARS and only speak their untruthful agenda because the ""Radiance"" said so.
The Shade Lord is WAY cooler and is even more comfortable to touch because when you touch him all your pain is erased from existance!

Attached: SHADELORD.jpg (820x814, 119K)

don't bring console wars into this thread

post your pantheon of hallownest all bindings clear faggot

Attached: 34962498d6f60fbb57e88b3d578f65d9.png (1098x1216, 576K)

If I bought u a switch would u play with me tho

I like Bicycle though

you first babe

Attached: 1446776590449.gif (450x450, 278K)

I bet he didn't even do PoP

I need more pictures of void creatures man.
Fuck.

>it's easy
>ok prove it
>a-a-affter you!
I'm not the one calling the game easy, sweetie

Attached: 1507569501548.png (678x563, 380K)

i fucking bought it, because i thought "7€, i can try it", and even with 8 hours in, its just a waste of time and money

hmmmmm okay well I win then, hooray for me and boo for you

Attached: 12344412.jpg (600x476, 44K)

In the other threads, I was too scared to look at this picture closely. Just realized Hornet is in the BG.

Seriously though, what the fuck.

Why would you play it for 8 hours before realizing it's a waste of time and money?

Bought this game and I'm getting absolutely molested. My reflexes ain't what they used to be

Attached: sticc like.jpg (398x280, 28K)

>posting anime images
HOW AM I MEANT TO EXPAND MY COLLECTION?
BRING ME PICTURES OF HOLLOW KNIGHTS!

Attached: BRINGME.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Someone please actually make an actual meme of this.

Weebs are really autistic, but don't worry I gotchyu pham.

Attached: 1550503230069.jpg (1024x5543, 441K)

because some says its like a show, its start slow but it can end pretty well. But its like Breaking Bad. I hate it from the beginning to the end. And i hate fucking everyone in this game and show

Your favorite dead faggot had maybe two good songs. This wasn't one of them

I made this for you

Attached: To_anon_From_anon.png (752x526, 12K)

This thread is proof that 80% of Yea Forums don't even like or play video games.

Attached: 1550568325701.gif (620x465, 1.26M)

YOU DIDN'T EVEN POST AN IMAGE!
I HAVE A BETTER IDEA.
BRING ME PICTURES OF SAWBLADES!
Ay, thanks lads. This ones goin in the folder.

Attached: PARKER.jpg (640x480, 55K)

She ain’t, but we certainly are.

It doesn't work like that
okay

Attached: RadianceGirl.jpg (1024x1497, 136K)

You got over 1 hour of playtime for each € you paid. How is that a waste of money?

yeah, breaking bad was really shit and overrated

Attached: 1533769845634.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

I MAY BE A VOIDFAG, BUT I DON'T DISCRIMINATE WHEN IT COMES TO The Collection™
SAVED, THANKS user.

Attached: 1383098387840.jpg (640x480, 48K)

Attached: 9B806FB0-9051-4BDC-9839-FC91FC9AC907.jpg (750x499, 110K)

I would fugg this bug

she'd drive you to madness

I keep seeing that, and every time it looks like she has her chibi version on a leash.

She just needs some love, asshole Pale King locked her up and made even her own kind forgrt her.

he could easily get something to eat with it!

and be full for the same amount of time he played

You mean jealous /agdg/ nodevs, right?

Yeah, I hear Falafel, Curry and Kebab is the new hot European food.

fuck them. Asian noodles are the best

>Embrace the Void as the last completed achievement
I did the 5/10 hr speedruns + Zote death last because my autism wouldn't let me make a new save until I completed the Pantheons on my first save, as well as Pure Completion. Then I did Steel Soul and managed to also get the 100%+ 20hrs achievement together.

Having Pure Completion or Embrace the Void is a much nicer achievement to have displayed there, so I'm somewhat envious.

Outdated, everyone here is eating Kapsalon these days

Attached: Kapsalon-Portrait.jpg (525x700, 62K)

What a cute goddess.

Well I played Hollow Knight as each update came out, so when godmaster was released I already had everything outside of godmaster.

Dark souls is more like a grating dentist's drill, a screeching cat, and a room of sick obese people vomiting and defecating on the floor.

>New
We’ve had kebab shops for decades now, get with the times.

Sorry but I hate boss rushes

t. casual

Attached: sorry.png (949x1131, 129K)

I wish I had made the decision to get it sooner. Bought it as a birthday gift to myself last year though, so that was probably just as good anyways.
Funny enough, I opened the game, played for like 30 minutes, and thought "I have to dedicate like a whole couple of weeks to play this, so I can't play this now". Deleted my save and waited to play it later while I finished some of the other b-day games I got myself. Should've played it sooner, should've played it sooner.

You mean a decent game overrated by a bunch of npcs, like the song?
Then yes, it is

Attached: AA693A50-A3ED-444A-BFAC-7C6C3519FB95.gif (480x270, 1.72M)

>spend 950 for a key to unlock door near graveyard
wow its fucking nothing

Attached: 1549313109060.jpg (250x241, 7K)

Jiji's door or the one that leads back to crossroads?

bad and reddit loves it? yeah

Bretta I think

Only if you're good.
Congrats, user, I'm proud of you
It's slightly more worth it on Steel Soul mode though

Name a good video game then retard

Pale King is a fucking CHAD and there is nothing you can say that will make me think otherwise.

Attached: 21155f74b565ef60f986f1f027c001fa.jpg (1092x1280, 697K)

Its not bad, and its way too hard and confusing for reddit, so they dont love it though

My displayed achievement is banishing the troupe because I was lazy and couldn't be bothered doing it until I'd done everything else

Attached: 0DC7A260-8B78-41DF-B856-77041D042C52.jpg (396x1000, 38K)

I bet PV in Hall, enough for me

>Bretta has wandered off to find her new love in another kingdom
>Silksong will take place in another kingdom
The chub-bug waifu is gonna be back, boys!

Attached: latest[1].png (267x213, 48K)

>spend money to buy a map
>"oh this map isn't finished lol"
>"buy a quill from me and you can finish it yourself :>)"
>"hey it's a new area now you should buy another map from me!"
>"yeah this one is unfinished too"
>"what no of course you can't make your own map with the quill you bought you have to buy it from me and then you'll be allowed to use the quill"
The whole game is based off of irritating fake difficulty like this. It's hilarious how retards honestly like these NPCs and say the game has such deep lore. The whole thing is such a shameless rip-off of Dark Souls it's not even funny.

Is this a reference to something?

See little midget with a nail is better at fighting than he is, despite being a """god""". PK was afraid of a moth, midgetfag kills her hitless.

Wow that's like a late 00s argument.
>You don't like indie game I guess you like COD dudebro gamer
Were you cryogenically frozen for 10 years?

No but imagine all the bug pussy he got.
Settles for a tree and he STILL gets spider pussy?
Mad.
>little midget with a nail
OF COURSE he's chad user, he inherited chad from his father Pale King. PK wasn't afraid of a moth, he just new it was inevitable that he would be defeated due to his bad eyesight, are you ableist or something?

Attached: 1518356164190263355.jpg (480x800, 84K)

>not having a map and quest marker is fake difficulty now

The Knight pushing against glass is cute, CUTE

Imagine Dragons are this generation's Queen

>451955753
I never had a problem with the map system, user. I think you're just bad.

>game about exploration encourages exploration instead of giving you a complete map
the sheer audacity of these devs

>Settles for a tree.
>Settles.
user, said tree LITERALLY strung herself up in a straightjacket because she has an unquenchable lust.
The very fact the pale king survived is a testament to his power, and probably why all his idols are roughly phallic shaped despite the fact he had wings.

Attached: DcP4pjuUQAE0D9P.png (985x1100, 1.25M)

I mean, yeah. You're sort of right. Except that TLOU's story is legitimately emotional and engaging. It's arguably the best narrative in a game. And you contrarian fags shit on it simply for being popular, just like the idiots bashing HK and DS. GoW was terrible, though. I'll give you that.

No, bohemian rhapsody is tryhard trite

By the standards of its genre, Hollow Knight is so good that I cannot recommend it as anyone's first Metroidvania. It's the logical endpoint of the classic design. It's the fucking goldilocks zone of just enough direction that it's on you if you get stuck but just vague enough to not feel like it's holding your hand. The vastness of the world makes it so you're always making some kind of progression just by wandering, and rarely are you wasting your time by exploring. My fear is that anyone who plays it first will never be able to really appreciate what it drew inspiration from.

Cash register on a desk.

Ok

Attached: the_hollow_king___hollow_knight_fanart_by_zummeng_dba27qb-pre.jpg (614x1302, 103K)

Are you mentally challenged?

Attached: 1549845292768.jpg (1080x1080, 95K)

embarrassing post from someone pretending to have ever played more than 1 other metroidvania game

theres easily 5 better games than this which is a lot for a microgenre

>easily 5 better games

Name them

Name all 5 nigga I need new games to play
And don't say super metroid or SOTN

>ywn fug this tree until your dick gets raw
T-thanks.

Attached: 1547009177894.png (482x471, 468K)

After almost 2 years... is LaMulanafag gone?

Don't post this furgins garbage.

>and probably why all his idols are roughly phallic shaped
Pretty sure that's because his aristocrats used the idols for masturbation. Not everyone was lucky enough to get the real deal.
>With the king rarely seen, """worship""" was offered through these idols
>If you look closely, each of these idols is subtly different. I suspect each was tailored to the owner

who?

People get so butthurt about this but the standards by which you judge what's better could be very different if someone played Hollow Knight first. The game does not bring anything new to the table mechanically but refines what's there pretty brilliantly.

Why are snails made out of void?

Attached: hollow knight godseeker request.jpg (1920x1080, 967K)

> it's another nostalgic 30 yo boomer claims Super Metroid is a better game than HK episode

shitter who spammed nearly every hollow knight thread with la mulana shitposts

Only PK could produce such a powerful child.

Attached: ghostofhallownestisswole.jpg (640x480, 61K)

I love Super Metroid & SotN, but I prefer HK to both of them. What others are you gonna recommend? I'd love to play 'em.

>Find spirit Johsi
>End up killing them with the spirit sword before listening to 'em
AHHH NO

la mulana
aria of sorrow
odsins sphere
muramasa reverie
cave story

super metroid and sotn are both still better also though
the only way HK is better is if you really really buy into the setting

Either sell me individual maps or let me create a map as I go. There is zero reason to have to do both, other than that drooling brainlets like you think it's "difficulty".

He isn't gonna recommend shit, just like every other fag that shits up Yea Forums threads by claiming x video game is bad. All he cares about is shitting on what Yea Forums actually enjoys because he doesn't enjoy video games any more.

youtube.com/watch?v=rdQQeJEfEsk

momodora reverie oops, had muramasa on the brain

>la mulana
autist game
>aria of sorrow
poor man's castlevania
>odins sphere
who
>muramasa reverie
who
>cave story
indie crap

HK is better than Cave Story, sorry. As much as I love CS the exploration, atmosphere and bosses are lacking in comparison.
Did Muramasa ever get a PC release? Wanted to play it for quite a while now.

It's not about "difficulty", it's about being rewarded. Being rewarded for finding the friendly cartographer by allowing you to make your own maps. It's not like you enter a new map and he is sitting right next to the entrance, you actually have to find him first.

I remember playing Muramasa ages ago but I recall it was fairly linear. There's backtracking but I don't think I ever had to think about my path of progression. Cave Story doesn't strike me as very Metroidvania. You backtrack through the levels but they're more like their own obstacle courses. Again, it's been a while since I played either of these.

nah, he's right

Someone hasn't completed the game

oh so you're a weeb faggot then
got it

nice Yea Forums contrarianism

who do you think invented the genre you zoomer cuckold

I'm not sure you understand what a metroidvania is

Attached: gorilla binocs.jpg (919x960, 195K)

BTFO

The only debateable one of those is cave story

She's a lesbian now

redpill me on Hollow Knight
I might get it if you can convince me

it's fun

Cloth literally one shots him for you what are you talking about.

>buy item
>item doesn't work properly
>this is a 'reward'
Fucking hell HKfags are pathetic. Just accept that the game was designed by fags who didn't understand why Dark Souls was good and think that adding pointless extra steps in order to do something basic is difficulty.

Enjoy your stay

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Attached: 1537050281118.jpg (1043x4731, 1.08M)

Do you like having a slow little poke that deals shit damage as your only attack?

Do you like wandering through environments that all look alike while needing to gimp your combat effectiveness in order to have a functioning map?

Do you like running past enemies because there's no reward for fighting them?

Do you like uninspired characters and lore that sound like awful Dark Souls fanfiction?

If so, then Hollow Knight is the game for you!

>no Guacamelee
casual faggot

It's good. There's a lot of content in the game and it's a very well rounded metroidvania game. Devs updated the game with DLC 4 times for free so your money is going to decent people. The game really opens up after you get the dash and it's decently challenging without being frustrating. Would advise you to play the game as blind as possible.
Ignore any retards comparing the game to Dark Souls, the only real similarity is the shade system that lets you collect money you drop on death from where you died. Any other coincidences are frankly just genre cliches and the devs didn't play DaS in the first place.

Can't tell if serious and autistic or trolling.

Attached: guido mista.jpg (604x556, 107K)

Which /agdg/fag are you?

i want a release date bros

Attached: 1550755193488.jpg (1440x1439, 98K)

But it does work properly: it allows you to make a map. That's all you are purchasing.
>who didn't understand why Dark Souls was good
Dark Souls doesn't even let you make a map, so I don't know why would you bring it into the discussion.

Do you like Metroidvania? Then you'll definitely like Hollow Knight? Do you not like Metroidvania? You might still like Hollow Knight. Map is huge, but you've got markers. Combat is simple but rewards pattern recognition and gets a lot out of the tools available to you. Movement options take a little bit to get added to your abilities but once you've got them you really feel the game open up. Constantly getting something visually new to feast your eyes on. Tons of bosses that all feel different. Lots of bonus challenges. Great atmosphere and music. A lot of features to quell any frustrations you might have.

There is a corpse run mechanic that can be a bit irksome if you were way off track upon death. It has a workaround where you don't have to backtrack to the place of death in order to get your cash back. I would still consider this corpse run thing to be the game's only real weak point though.

>weeb means japanese
the absolute state of weebs

problem is you see people playing it and they make it look easy

+
>amazing atmo
>great worldbuilding
>great songs
>interesting art style
>light playstyle customization
>bosses that require you to learn movesets (some can be easy, but most are good)
>tons of soul
>tons of content for the price
>thicc bug waifu
>legit spoopy moments

_
>Not weebshit

Because it is easy
Only Path of Pain is hard, and even then only the last corridor is truly bullshit

Just beat this guy, what a shitty boss fight. Can't jump around too much because of the uppercut and flames that spawn after and the dash with the trail of flames, spikes from the ground, dashing through the flame bats is almost mandatory, can't move too fast when the flame pillars spawn or else you get trapped in the corner. So far I was able to beat every boss with Dashmaster, Sprintmaster, Steady Body and Mark of Pride, but this fight completely discourages you from taking a fast approach.

Attached: 1536292219537.png (405x613, 272K)

>muh fake difficulty

Attached: 1549921156110.gif (607x609, 514K)

Gee, it's almost like if one tactic doesn't work then you should probably switch to a different one.

>Momodora: dodge roll in the moonlight being better than anything, especially a game with six times the content and better combat
Wanna know how I know you're a br?
It's not just your spelling

Imagine thinking that liking two popular games nearly universally regarded as classics makes you a contrarian.

Who's this semen demon?

A man.

>difficult boss fight requires careful play, punishes bouncing around like a spaz

Attached: EG318nG.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

I think you're just dumb, user.
This boss is really good at teaching you "hey you can't just nail facetank anymore and win after a few tries" because it has patterns that are easy as fuck to beat once you see them.
The fire bats ALWAYS come out the same way, they don't change.

But who is this cum plum?

>makes you play differently
>that means it's bad
user have you considered that you are the cancer killing video games?

Grimm

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

Attached: 1550257540206.png (1174x1762, 1.76M)

Watcher Knights became much easier for me once I started using spells.

>arguably the best narrative in a game
>TLOU

LMAO

>discount primetime tv writing is the best in gaming
fuck off

Attached: 1550771296189.jpg (768x1024, 175K)

Reminder to gas all light.

Attached: Pale King best king.png (307x481, 150K)

I wish the little knight had a tuxedo skin now

Traitor lord was buffed in a recent patch. Everyone saying he's easy played when it was EZ.

yea I had such a hard time with him in my playthrough and it pissed me that everyone was like
>lol bro he's EZ
then I found out.

Best advice for nu lord, don't jump over the orange things just walk under them when they go up. Realizing that helped me a lot.

How recent was the patch?
Also wanted to add that TL is way fucking easier in Godhome than in his base fight because of the larger arena

I’M HERE TO FUCK TREE WIVES
AND KILL MOTHS

AND MY TREE WIFE IS ALL TIED UP

They look so adorable in complete human clothes and not just a body shroud.

Attached: 1550522788567.png (814x1024, 290K)

I beat her like 6 months and week ago. Didn't notice much of a difference. Maybe got a bit more health?

That was afters the patch.

>rain world in a metroidvania chart
fuck, ya got me, i have been masterly baited

putting HK at "good tier" shows this to be expertly crafted bait, putting it in "mediocre tier" would be too obvious while "good tier" is sure to generate lots of (YOU)'s

whoever made this chart knows what he was doing

How's the game on switch? Does it have any frame drops?

Whole God-tier is an obvious joke, tho. Also Terraria.

>hoping guy names 5 games that will fill the void after completing HK
>he posts bunch of anime indie shit

Like kys for real nigger

Attached: 1544640331134.png (577x521, 499K)

Muramasa and Odin Sphere are not metroidvanias.

No, but you can probably emulate it fairly easily on dolphin.

Cave Story is legit good, bruh. Not exactly a proper Metroidvania but you should be able to enjoy it.

Also, try Prey. Play on the hardest difficulty.

Attached: 20181229005420_1.jpg (1920x1080, 214K)

Lifeblood update i believe, same update that added hive knight.
Before then he was almost literally just an upscaled infected mantis.

Ive played through Prey on hardest difficulty already unfortunately.

Eh might give Cave Story a shot I guess

>TLOU's story
>good
>in any way shape or form

It's The Road meets Dawn of the Dead. What the fuck are you on about? How much of a tasteless retard do you need to be?

>oscar bait

I didn't know that being a good game was "oscar bait." But what else am I to expect on a board that endlessly slurps the vomit of Sony off the floor.

I want to NTR Iselda while cornifer is off making his bullshit maps

Attached: 1547429778661.jpg (526x744, 293K)

Cave Story is fuckin great, shit was a Yea Forums mainstay for the longest time.

>Implying Iselda isn’t the most loyal bug around
You wanna fuck someone then fuck the person who locked themselves away so they would stop trying to breed with everything

youtube.com/watch?v=Vh-DOj30PPM
Where are Hollow Knight gachimuchi mashups?

>Has TWO (2) gay couples
>Has a number of female characters in leading roles and as boss fights, many of whom are even more powerful than the male characters
>This is completely ignored by Yea Forums
>This is completely ignored by SJWs

How?

Lesbians aren't gay.

Attached: 1539749550343.jpg (338x305, 78K)

I always wondered if Isma was a stylistic reference to Axiom Verge.

Attached: [email protected] (824x544, 124K)

Probably because it isn't shoved in your face.

Hmmmm

Did not catch that.

Why redditors not like this game?

Attached: 2019-02-22 16_36_37-Ori and the Blind Forest.jpg (293x91, 5K)

Didn't think of it until very recently either.
It might also be a broader reference to the chozo, which also have a sort of hunched over pose.

Attached: metroid_samus_returns_04.jpg (620x446, 55K)

because they are plebbit, duh

It's not shoved in you're face or paraded around for virtue signaling points, unlike some other shitty games.

Attached: 1550849155756m.jpg (1024x437, 80K)

Srsly tho this game is bad

>Legitimately emotional and engaging
Less so than the fucking walking dead.

Forgot:
> gender-nonbinary protagonist

>The Road
You're giving way too much credit to TLOU. The road actually shows gritty and gruesome shit with no moral left. TLOU doesnt ever get even past initial edge.

The Protagonist is a boy my dude.

Attached: 1550432305877.jpg (474x368, 32K)

Oh god, it's this faggot again.
People already told you when you shitposted an entire thread to death: giving you either an automap or a pre-completed map defeats the point of exploration and makes things ez mode.
You're just a shitter who doesn't like exploration as an actual functional game mechanic.

Seriously, why do modern ADHD kids want everything on a silver plate? It's like they can't progress if the game doesn't give them a minimap with dozens of markers constantly handholding them.

Look like the corpse you get the shade cloak from desu

Lore-wise the void renders the vessels, including the MC and the Hollow Knight, genderless.
As in it completely fucks them up to the point to where they are neither bug, nor beast, nor god. The genderless thing is just a part of the deal for becoming the bane of (((moths))) and all (((moth)))-related things

That was a very obvious reference, it's kinda weird that it rarely gets mentioned.

Attached: Abyss_Shade_Cloak_Area.png (2560x1440, 2.8M)

Are the Ancients the Chozo of Hollow Knight?
Is this the Metroid of Bug World, or the Dark Hunter of Monster Souls?
the Hollow Hunter of Dark Knight?[/spoiler[

OK, I've only fought that version of Traitor Lord so I can say gitgud and not be casul

Bugs have completely different gender roles user.
You wouldn't want to comment on human nature without knowing actual nature, would you user?

Right but every single one of them started off as a bugchild boy offspring of Pale King and White Lady. infact it was so heavily implied that they're suppose to be boys because Pale King treats the damn Hollow Knight as a son.

Reminder that void corrupts bugs in the same way that the infection does and the sign is black fluid drooling from every orifice in their body.

There’s the grey mourner and the traitor lord. Who’s The other couple?

>but every single one of them started off as a bugchild boy
How do you know that? Where is this said?

Painter dude and the nailsmith. Also, it's not grey mourner and traitor lord, it's grey mourner and traitor lord's daughter.

Sheo and the Nailsmith (if you don't kill him when he asks you to)

*traitor lords daughter.

Because Hollow Knight grows into a giant while Hornet stays petite.

remember: spare the bees

I just assumed they became friends. Also I forgot to write daughter.

>doing a hobby together means they're fisting eachothers assholes
Discord trannies are trying way too hard.

White Lady says you're her spawn.
Mask Maker says that masks can be used to change the personality of the wearer, though some retains a bit of personality.
Another NPC spills things out further I think but I forgot who

I love it, but Godmaster is beyond shit. Low effort rehash boss fights with 0 thought put into balance

>lol u get one hit and the boss is now doubled!

Attached: 1475448421705.png (1201x884, 2.39M)

Compare it to a better song
Bohemian rhapsody has its moments but is bogged down by weird pretentious bullshit at certain parts.
Hollow knight is the Blue album of vidya

Attached: 1550418283309.png (105x105, 18K)

The achievement for getting them together is called Happy Couple. The implication's pretty obvious.

So ghost, broken vessel and all other vessels except HK was female?

I'm pretty sure "spawn" is gender neutral.

> boss is now doubled!
4 Oblobbles was my limit.

Hornet is the only female you fucking idiot. Ghost, Broken Vessel and Hollow Knight were all boys before the void twisted their body.

>"Wtf they're not gay, stupid SJW discord trannies!"
>Achievement is literally called "Happy Couple"

I think you're the retard, user.

>"Woah this song is totally about my friends", "woah I totally had a bicycle too", "woah we are totally the champions". Pathetic.
Gotta hate how true this is but it was a good move by Queen

Attached: 1522872682295.jpg (497x603, 52K)

That's just your headcanon. Probably skewed because everyone wants to imagine Little Ghost and Hollow Knight as a boy for the oniichan and ibotou relationship. There's no real sign of what the vessels were SUPPOSED to be, but it's true that void basically turned them into a bunch of genderless freaks.

Bro, read your own post.
>Because Hollow Knight grows into a giant while Hornet stays petite.
By this logic, every vessel that's not giant should be female.

Do you have a single fact to back that up

>2 FUCKING AUSTRALIANS, THEIR VERY FIRST GAME, MADE IT IN ONLY 3 YEARS

>more content than 99% of games released that year

How the fuck this shit happened?

I mean, you can call it headcanon but the relationship HollowKnight had with Pale King which made him develop a personality and he started off like all the other vessels.

That's because the Vessels haven't grown up like Hollow Knight stupid. Lost Kin was probably on his way being much larger than ghost but he was fucking dead.

Doesn't make it a boy though. And even then, it would just means HK is a boy, not all the others

His relationship isn't really described as "Father and son." Most of the time he's referred to as, "The Pale King's Vessel." Again, you're pretty much correct, though. He was treated like Pale King's child, and since void beings absorb emotion, he stopped being "hollow."

What? Girl call their father "father" too you absolute autist.

Of course it means they're boys. Fathers naturally bond better with son's than daughters. Pale King probably wouldn't have treated Hollow Knight the same type of way for him to gain a personality if it was a girl.

Explain then why Ghost isn't big.

lmao

You're forgetting that these are bugs and human relationship dynamics won't necessarily apply.

Attached: 1521692798264.png (875x880, 44K)

See
It's biological fact that fathers don't bond the same way with daughters as son's. Sure there's still love because it's their offspring but they wont have the same understsndings, general interests and even bodily functions.

He was implying that those points apply to both games, which they don't

I don't like bugs

1. Your original argument was that they all started out as boys but got their gender erased by the void. Why are you arguing they still have genders afterwards?
2. If you really think a parent can't have a relationship with their own children if they're the opposite gender, my condolences for your shitty upbringing.

Get out of here Mr. Mushroom.

see
I'm laughing my ass off at your stupidity with my biological throat and mouth.

Yes because bugs can smelt metal, create sewerworks and creste tramways. Typical family dynamics is too far.

It's tenuous, but the Hollow Knight has dream nail dialogue in the game files (though cut from actual gameplay) where it seems to recognise or call out for its father.

t. male raised by a single mom

lmao

Daughters have fathers to you dumbass. Don't give me that shit about fathers and daughters not being able to bond.

You're pretending that the general trend applies in every individual case. That's a logical fallacy.

reminder that vessels are canonically genderless, hence hornet's title "gendered child" pointing out her gender (female) is an irregularity. anything asserting more than this is autistic fanfiction.

Attached: 1536243193641.png (400x456, 41K)

>one hit RNG boss with 4 flying planetoids in a cramped arena

What the fuck were they thinking

Attached: 1475963823500.gif (320x213, 1.28M)

They don't bond the same way you faggot.

>too scared to look at a fucking crude drawing

Attached: 1545752764470.webm (212x246, 174K)

Am I a shitter for dieing to the watcher knights like 15 times

Attached: 1550731121624.png (1019x664, 964K)

Hollow knight has a challenging end game that can keep you playing for a good few dozen hours after you've beaten the normal game, plus challenges for a no death run. I love all the games you mentioned but they aren't that repayable and are frankly a bit too easy at this poont

Unironically one of the best rock songs ever conceived

I feel sorry for your mom, seeing as in your world you can't love a child or parent of the opposite sex.

No it's the Sicko Mode

Yeah, they just don't them like that anymore.

natural selection

No, the game is pretty hard user.

It’s one of those games where I’d say most people who struggle can eventually just git gud at every part of it. You can easily wind up one of those guys clearing the final trial of all bosses in a row without dying, it just takes practice. The bosses are all designed to be difficult but have very clear patterns you can deduce that make them easy over time.