In the original RE2 Claire A and Leon B are the canon routes

>In the original RE2 Claire A and Leon B are the canon routes
Does that mean Claire is the main character?
How did she get outshined into oblivion by a rookie police officer who has no connections to RE1?

Attached: 1541007058473.jpg (648x792, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tPr70viajWU
streamable.com/xefkw
mega.nz/#!QNt1RYDb!aNtMZ4KSM8aovTfUf4jXhlrj4PvYpH41cMHT9Ve3ElM
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/download/biohazard-2-sourcenext-1-1-0-patch/
appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-2-classic-rebirth/
drive.google.com/uc?id=1vKTp571rnuw5KEdPYLjod07rURBF5mGz&export=download
moddb.com/mods/resident-evil-3-restoration-project
pastebin.com/4ZWW8vPV
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Does that mean Claire is the main character?
She's a redfield. of course she's a main character
>How did she get outshined into oblivion by a rookie police officer
Her next game was good but Leon became a campy action hero with tons of one-liners in arguably one of the greatest games of all time.

Attached: 1539076102110.jpg (400x400, 24K)

Even if she is a redfield, she wasnt even going to be in the original.

Because 4 ended up being one of the best horror games of all time. Code Veronica sucked ass in comparison.

Does anyone have the image with all the codes I got to the lab and I'm not walking through this shit hole again

Leon is a sexy man

>4
>best horror game
>horror
4 is not a horror game in any sense of the word except maybe aesthetically

Attached: 1525349045472.png (1748x2480, 2.71M)

>I don't know what horror means
Everytime.

Fuck off. 4 is legit one of the best horror games of all time and you old school RE fans can deny it all you want.

It's a great fucking game.

Fuck that sheet it's way too busy

Attached: cheat sheet RE2.jpg (1024x576, 94K)

Thank god for these. Seriously fuck the mixing puzzle.

leon is on disc1 in re2.

It's a great game, one of the best of all time.
It's just not a horror game, nor does it try to be

He's also the first option in the REmake. Claire is still the canon first option in both.

>Her next game was good
>Code Veronica
>Good

Why use these "Cheats" when the answers are already in the game?

Attached: 1519309152093.png (800x600, 167K)

>4 is not a horror game in any sense of the word except maybe aesthetically
you could say this about every resident evil

faster

People want to spreedrun user, and searching around for the codes, or things with the codes on them just take up time

Iron Maidens says hi

Asking in here because the other thread is just waifufags. Are there any differences in strategy for B scenario's RPD besides having to juke more zombies due to lower ammo and getting the SMG/Magnum for S+ on hardcore?

>disc 1 of 2
>disc 2 of 2
>I wonder which disc people are going to play first

Attached: ps1-resident_evil_2.jpg (800x748, 477K)

I guess Half-Life 2 is a horror game because of ravenholm.

You're right, CV wasn't good. It was great.

Attached: big tihnk.png (395x387, 48K)

It's for after you beat the games and want to start speedrunning.

If Claire A is cannon what was Leon even doing

Why was the PAL cover so much better than the others?

Europe always killing it with their box art.

Attached: 628416-resident_evil_4_ps2.jpg (360x500, 49K)

Trying to bang Ada

Attached: 1545432129290.jpg (315x445, 19K)

Had this version. Man, what a fucking great game.

Attached: download (15).jpg (500x500, 36K)

Is the only reason for Claire A to be canon because of RE6?
What else makes this true?

Umbrella Chronicles supports it, as it shows Ada's death to be the Leon B version.

Game has two main characters.

Attached: everythingyoujustposted.gif (320x228, 1.78M)

>What else makes this true?
Basically just being Chris's sister

Attached: 1531989883894.jpg (638x698, 107K)

I just finished both main campaigns and I feel like Leon's is summed up by "is this a fucking joke?" Every step of the way is just more unfortunate shit. Claire's is basically Ripley from ALIENS. Especially the at the labs holy shit is it just ALIENS.

How hard are the B sides?

The theming is horror

You're alone in foreign country out I buttfuck nowhere and there's a cult controlling the populace making them capture/kill people in order to try and get larger.

The concept is horrific, I.e. the only criteria that matters

Sure, it's not scary but the theming is horror, just like how countless of the best horror films aren't scary but are still horror

>playing both A routes after another
You dun' goof'd.

>How hard are the B sides?

Just do them blind man, don't be a pussy.

RE2 has an ambiguous canon. Claire A, Leon B is the closest to the canon, but it isn't perfect. The real story is somewhere between RE2 '98, RE3, RE Outbreak, Wesker's Report, The Umbrella Chronicles, The Darkside Chronicles, and RE:2 '19. Then there's also all of the Japanese guidebooks with extended canon elements.

Attached: Leon RE2.png (1260x710, 996K)

You already fucked up by not immediately doing the B route after the A route. It's supposed to go Leon A > Claire B or Claire A Leon B.

Why does it matter? I still have to do all 4 to unlock everything regardless of order?

Didn't the files in RE4 make it seem like Leon had done both A and B somehow? Anyway, I haven't played the remake yet, but the original will always be Leon A/Claire B for me.

And then RE2make comes out and makes the already ambiguous canon even more unclear. Like, how is it that the Tyrant dies to both Birkin and Leon? Are there multiple tyrants? We already know there are from the cutscene in the original, and from the tyrant corpses in RE3, but only one was ever dropped on the police station, and the remake doesn't show that more than one tyrant exists at all.

Also, how is it that Annette dies both in front of Sherry and after shooting Ada on the bridge? And why is it that Ada and Sherry are both trapped in the garbage dump at the same time, yet never see each other?

RE2make was Capcom's chance to finally clear up all the confusion surrounding the events of RE2, and they went and made even more inconsistencies.

Horror is aesthetic.

Because the B scenario gives you an extra final boss and the true ending, whereas the A scenarios just end abruptly with no closure or anything.

Why do people even care about what is canon and what is not? The entirety of RE lore is a complete shitshow apart from the same red line going through all the games/movies, e.g Evil corporation does illegal things, and the hero tries to survive, the end.

This one is horrible.

This one is actually great.

Sherry doesn't get infected by William in Claire B. Also, both Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles show the final Ada scenes as they're shown in Leon B. RE:2 changes it so that both the majority of Claire A and Leon A are present.

The developers always list Leon first, so people generally choose him first. In the old game, he was disc 1, so people played that one first. In later versions, his name was listed before hers. Leon's story is noticeably easier than Claire's too (at least in the original). He gets better weapons with upgrades and more ammo pickups. Claire gets weaker weapons, less ammo pickups, and more Licker encounters.

It's a two-prong story. In every telling of the story in 2, Leon and Claire are either working together or working (mostly) independent of each other until they reunite at the end.

speedruns my dude

Well
has more information, making it the superior image.

No its not you fucking idiots. Horror is about slowly building up tensing tense and looming dread. The only tense in RE4 is in the moment to moment. Its the opposite of horror.

Attached: 1550696274210.jpg (1200x1598, 170K)

leon a
clair b
was always the right choice and capcom basically confirmed it now with remake since leon is the first as selection.

fuck
I screwed up my *tensions*

whatever

If RE4 had a forest segment the game would've be 10 times better.

>workout shirt
>clearly out of shape

Attached: 1520753113382.png (449x477, 352K)

The fucking village was legit horrifying the first go around at the game, mate.

You are suddenly running for your fucking life while a mob breaks down doors and windows in an attempt to murder you. Not to mention that chainsaw.

It's clearly possible to be fit even though you have some extra fat deposits.

The world's strongest men look like lardasses most of them.

Are you fucking retarded? There are 2 playable characters with their own paths for a reason; there is no single main character, no matter which routes are canon.

I'm not sure which files you're talking about. It's been a while since I've gone through 4. What Leon actually did is most likely a cross between A and B.

Yeah, there's the one in the RPD and the ones at the Dead Factory in 3 that wiped out the US troops. There's only ever the one that stalks Leon and Claire.

The thing about RE:2 is that it's not actually a remake. The staff have come out several times since release calling it either a reimagining or an entirely new game altogether. The canon really bothered me too until I found that out. Essentially you're better off treating it like you would The Darkside Chronicles.

It's really not. It appears that way, but you have to remember that RE has had really flawed localizations over the years. There's also a boatload of information you'd only ever encounter by reading the Japanese guidebooks. There's been hiccups here and there, some odd decisions, etc. but the canon has been pretty tight for the most part. The most confusion has always been with RE1 and RE2 because they were written so ambiguously.

i love this picture

Ironically Shinji Mikami hated RE2 for how action-oriented it was and offered RE3 and CODE:Veronica as an apology to the fans. Then he went on to direct RE4 and scrapped some of the spookier stuff in favor of the final game.

that could have been a great opener
you lose your gun somehow and the chainsaw guy chases you through the forest

>RE2 more action-oriented than RE3

wut. That makes zero fucking sense.

Attached: 1335218647063.jpg (1205x881, 61K)

Kino. Capcom, hire that guy.

you can be strong and be fat, in fact the strongest men on earth are fat because of how physics work. However you can NOT be fit or healthy AND be fat, fat is and will always be unhelthy, just like being sub 10% bofy fat isn't really healthy either. the woman in the pic IS out of shape, she IS fat and this would prevent her from being fit, agile and fast.

Attached: 20245400_156436614928600_286921435803193402_n.jpg (719x742, 37K)

>fat will always be unhealthy
>but being below 10% body fat is unhealthy too

Just stop talking m8, you don't know anything about the subject at all.

>are there multiple tyrants?
yes, there are six or eight dropped into raccoon city.

Mikami never made sense when he was on RE. When he was tasked with RE1, he fought really hard to prevent the game from having a story. He felt that the mansion was the story. Then when the producer kept telling him there had to be one, he came up with a bizarre plot where there was a cyborg in the main cast and they'd fight ghosts. Then they finally got a proper writer on the team to make the plot we know today, but Mikami hated it. He got really attached to Jill though.

Leon defeats 'G's' final form in the canon route B. Therefore he defeated the true end boss and has the edge in being considered the 'lead' character.

Technically no one offs William, since the train destructs on its own. Leon just tries to keep it at bay, but resorts to climbing on top of the train while Claire climbs under.

This is some retarded logic. They are BOTH the main character. And remember actually, that Claire got a mainline game while Leon got a gameboy color spinoff immediatley after.

Attached: 1C018637-BDD1-49C7-8176-5EC148BDC704.jpg (599x427, 187K)

i'm gonna go ahead and say that YOU don't know shit about fitness. Go ahead, try to find a woman below 10% body fat who still gets her period and doesn't have multiple hormonal imbalances. men are the healthiest around 10 to 15.

Attached: 1545063887894.jpg (1024x821, 324K)

If I remember correctly, CODE:Veronica was actually a Jill game until the "It's up to us to stop Umbrella" line was added to 2's ending. Then it was changed to star Claire. Jill ended up starring in RE3 instead.

That cover is why I never played RE games at the time. Scared the fuck out of me as a kid whenever I looked at them in the video store. If only I had known.

Attached: 1550807661122.jpg (1024x1007, 109K)

Why play a game with puzzles if you're just going to cheat past them? Just play games made for brainlets

There's literally zero scientific consensus on what constitutes "healthy", and most people simply correlate what they think is sexually attractive with what is physically healthy.

Leon is also significantly easier in REmake 2. He gets way better weapons.

>ambigious

It isn't. Sherry either gets infected or she doesn't. And canon is that she did get infected. Claire a/Leon b

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 48K)

>There's literally zero scientific consensus on what constitutes "healthy"
I found the landwhale

Not an argument faggot.

It's for speedruns and subsequent playthroughs.

Seriously, why is every single anecdote i hear about Mikami making choices about RE games or "what he thinks is best" always fucking terrible?

But Claire A makes more sense. Claire is always ahead of Leon, she always gets to the train first and Leon always gets the G sample after Claire has been there regardless of what character/scenario you're playing.

There's no evidence to support Leon A being more canon than Claire A in REmake.

Attached: 1550782624501.png (140x170, 33K)

I do not need to argue anything on the interwebs. Just stated the obvious fatty.

CV is good
fuck off ye cunt

Still isn't Leon. That said a CV with Jill would make MORE SENSE!

>Claire finally finds Chris
>all is well
>but...
>Jill disapeared during her mission to sneak into the Umbrella Paris Lab against Chris's wishes
>first half of the game is Jill
>second half is Chris going in to save Jill

>I do not need to argue anything on the interwebs.

You're absolutely right. I don't even know why I wasted calories I could use lifting weights on someone like you. You have a good day now.

Sherry 100% gets infected. But Claire also encounters the Tyrant, which doesn't happen in Claire A. Ada's "death" hasn't been shown accurately either. Leon A and RE:2 show Ada fall; Leon B, The Umbrella Chronicles, and The Darkside Chronicles show Ada thrown against the console; then Wesker's Report has Ada fall like she does in A, but has Leon throw the pendant she finds in B. Then there's HUNK obtaining the G-virus in RE2, Wesker's Report, and The Umbrella Chronicles, but in RE:2, he doesn't. But we know that he has to because it's a plot point in the N64 RE2 port and RE Dead Aim.

RE2 wasn't written to have a clear-cut series of events. We only know the general overview of what happened.

I think the brainlet here is you.
First run is legitimate, after that one, why waste the time, not like they change.

Not anymore

Attached: 123.jpg (1154x651, 363K)

>But Claire also encounters the Tyrant

Wait, which game claimed this?

Attached: BAE041FD-B6EF-49F6-995B-EACDD1331875.jpg (1484x2048, 469K)

>Not even half of the people who start playthroughs finish them

Christ, people really do have annihilated attention spans these days.

Attached: 1384281271693.jpg (274x306, 22K)

>80% of players are either gay or newfags

it's always been like that. average amount of people who finish a game they start is 30%

>zero scientific consensus on what constitutes "healthy"
>has never read a scientific paper on health prior to the fat acceptance movement where everyone dies at 49 of a heart attack.

>most people simply correlate what they think is sexually attractive with what is physically healthy.
have you aver considered that it's the other way around ? physically healthy IS sexually attractive. that's biology for you. Fat neckbeards and fat landwhales will NEVER be sexually attractive to anyone exept those fucked in the head because they aren't healthy partners to have children with.

do yourself a favor and get off the couch, maybe get a gym membership with friends or something. hell, even lurk /fit if that helps.

Attached: 1538849144940.jpg (443x541, 41K)

>knife has limited durability now
>chosing a low-gun low-ammo route
noty

It does have a forest level though, don’t you remember running from a boulder in the forest

The increased replayability by making you hunt down the raccoons to unlock the knife

*unlimited knife. Fuck

>have to hunt down doodads through two playthroughs just for a normal knife
fun

I chose Leon because I'm watching Kizuna A.I play Claire

>Fat neckbeards and fat landwhales will NEVER be sexually attractive to anyone exept those fucked in the head

Plenty of cultures have had chubby and fat women as sexual peaks because it was seen as a symbol of high social status.

Nowadays it's the other way around, but that doesn't mean this is some kind of iron law that can't change.

>hell, even lurk /fit if that helps.

Sorry, but I'm not a closet homosexual like you.

Because he's an asshole lol
He was so mean to the writer on 1 that he quit when 2 (1.5) started and left the artist to write the story. The game was having so many issues as a result that they hired Flagship, a writing studio, and they took over. There was too much to fix so they scrapped it and began developing the 2 we know today.

Mikami hated the Tyrant in 2 as well. He didn't like that there was the helicopter scene and the tension building up to it. He wanted him to appear at random without any introduction. In that sense, RE:2 fulfilled his wishes.

I've also heard that one of the reasons the first RE movie wasn't based on the games was because he threw a fit about them using Jill. They had to bring him onto the set of Apocalypse just to get him to calm down about them finally introducing her.

I think it works either way.
Plus it's hard to say exactly what it would have been like since that was really early on during CV's production. The earliest artwork from it is a couple months after RE2's release, so this would've been during the early planning stage most likely.

are you perhaps a Homophobe ?

Attached: 1525916557890.jpg (720x960, 122K)

>implying you'd only play through it once and not touch the other main character
Maybe RPGs are your thing

You should really read some articles once in a while.

Absolutely. There's literally nothing wrong with hating fags.

huh?

Claire B, The Darkside Chronicles, and RE:2. Also, it doesn't make any sense for her not to since he was in the same location and wasn't targeting Leon specifically.

No but it means you're an autist.

I've read plenty of articles on supposed "nutritional science", and if it isn't corrupted by corporate propaganda purporting to "prove" one thing is unhealthy to the detriment of another, *actual* collusion occurs where the scientists are literally paid tens of thousands of dollars to lie.

So yes, I've read a lot of these articles, and they are simply mouthpieces for Kellogg's and Nestle.

Mikami wasn’t wrong about the tyrant, remake2s introduction is way cooler and more intimidating, also he should’ve made sure the live actions never got their hands on jill or any other canon character, they only exist in the movies to make alice look better

Lmao. Ok fella. You're a "feels over reals" type I guess. I'm sure your gut instinct on health and nutrition is worth a damn.

Chubby grills, best grills.

Attached: Shione-Cooper.jpg (2186x1550, 431K)

>says he reads articles and follows the money
>implying thats emotion and not objectively finding the truth

>I'm sure your gut instinct on health and nutrition is worth a damn.
it is
your body has evolved to signal to you when you're eating the wrong food and when you're eating the right food

"new study show being a fat cunt is bad for your health"

damn that's what (((((THEY)))) want you to think... I'll grab another coke.

If that was true 60% of people wouldn't be fat as fuck. Nutrition is a science not an art. Your instinct isn't good for much of anything bud.

I choose Leon because I used to identify myself with him in RE2 1998. But probably was because i was 15 years old, because now i'm enjoying playing with Claire way more.

Attached: Claire level of autism.webm (640x640, 1.43M)

>constant tension
>opposite of horror

I play as a man whenever given the option. Played as Leon first in the original too.

when you overeat you feel bloated, when you eat too much sugar or fat the saliva in your mouth coagulates, when you eat too much salt you feel extremely thirsty
Obese people ignore these signs and keep eating

>How did she get outshined into oblivion by a rookie police officer
She didn't?
Neofagshitcom did this with that j-pop dick sucking twinkfag buttfucked fruitcake Leon in Redditor Shitvel 4.

I choose Leon first, but the site tagged me as Claire

Trying to S+ Hardcore Claire B. On my 3rd save just before G3 with 25ish minutes to go. How can I kill G4 fast with enough ammo left over to beat G5?

I'm mixed on it. I like the random encounters (which 2 had after the introduction), but the intro scene gives us more lore, which I'm always a sucker for.

The thing is is that he didn't have any authority over what Constantin or Capcom chose to do. At the time, he'd only directed RE1, produced RE2, and was an adviser on RE Survivor 2. He didn't conceive the series, write it, or even stay on board with it for that long. His input wasn't the only problem though. Constantin acquired the rights in 1996, but they kept throwing out scripts (including the leaked Romero one) before settling on Anderson. I'm skeptical over how much his bitching influenced the final product, but the fact he protested it at all over his waifu is silly.

Acid rounds stuns him.

Yeah, grenade launcher is great for bosses and lickers, but awful for zombies. Shotgun is safe as houses. Plus flamethrower makes Ivys irrelevant.

same

Eating by instinct would never have you finish your macros. You could eat by instinct and die of scurvy.

Watch out bud, this means you're 1-2 steps from sucking fat juicy cocks.

you can kill g5 with 2 knife swipes

His waifu autism probably had something to do with throwing out the romero script considering Chris was fucking her in it

probably the greatest vidya box art of all time GOD DAMN

when you're deficient of a certain food you feel a craving for that food, especially macros. People die of malnutrition when they cannot get the food they need, not because they don't want it

>The real story
Sorry to break it to you but REmake2 is the new confirmed canon timeline, prepare for retconn.

I wish the whole game was set in the village/forest, with a less retarded castle with no midgets as the final area

You have any grenades? Those really fuck G4 up, since he takes damage for every eye you pop. Grenades kill the entire cluster of eyes so they hurt him really badly. If you don't have enough then just aim carefully, I guess.
I was at 1:42:48 when I made my final save before G3 on my Claire B S+ run, so you're fine for time at least.

How's the most efficient way to kill sewers monsters with Leon? (these G monsters who poisoned you)
>inb4 pass around them
But i've fun killing things not running around from them.

Attached: tfw Leon kiss Ada.png (924x896, 528K)

I think it was more Capcom. They were terrified it was gonna be another Street Fighter.

You can't, that boss is designed to be a bullet sponge, just keep shooting the eyes and hope for the best. As for G5, he takes more damage the closest he is to you, so just wait until he opens his eye, then wait a bit more until he gets closer one more time and dump all the ammo you have left (you don't need that much, it took me 1 nade and 7 pistol shots).

>damn that's what (((((THEY)))) want you to think... I'll grab another coke.

More like: "We paid Harvard scientists 50000 dollars a year to say that fat was unhealthy when in reality it's sugar that's unhealthy in large amounts, but because we are selling sugar-heavy products this obviously is bad for business hence the propaganda."

How is the fact i enjoy more looking at Claire ass instead of impersonating Leon a sign of faggotry?

Attached: Claire wut.jpg (310x313, 25K)

Gameplay was stale already by the time RE3 released, but it had Nemesis for it
Code Veronica is boring, rancid shit.

I always just magnum the first two on the way to the king/queen plugs. I suck at dodging them, so I don't. They can just fucking die. Not like you really need to save the magnum for anything else anyway.

So with all this talk about X RE game not being a "true" Re game, what do you think are the "core" gameplay focus that all RE games share ? So far I could only make up my mind on two:

- Resources management (what you do or do not keep on you, which enemy do you shoot with which ammo etc..)
- Exploration and path planing (on first playthrough the games are mainly about exploring your surroundings, unlocking stuff etc which turns into finding the optimal routes later into the game or on later playthroughs)

Of course that leaves plenty of stuff not listed but the games are so different from one another that finding something common to all games is hard. And it also means that (gameplay wise) RE5, RE6 (and the Revelations games) are left out of the more "classic" episodes and belong more in a RE action games which I'm fine with.

Attached: 1495610557437.jpg (500x508, 17K)

I thought that too, but the staff say otherwise. Only time will tell of course, but they keep writing it off as a reimagining or an entirely new story. On the Capcom livestream, they also said that it doesn't rewrite the canon.

Thats weird, at least chris was the actual main character of the game the movie was based on, although making him part native american was an odd choice.

There are some shenanigans sure. But it's far better and will result in much better health than just winging it. If everyone ate what a nutritionist gave them there would be 0 fat people. If everyone ate by instinct we had tons of fattos.

I never said anything about faggotry. There's nothing gay in sucking big fat juicy cocks.

Resident Evil for me is defined by bows and isolation

Leon kicked his way into everyone's hearts in 4.

>There are some shenanigans sure.

That's not "shenanigans". That's fraud, conspiracy to commit fraud, and bribery.

The "true" argument is only made by people that can't admit they outgrew the series and think that it should either be the same as it was 20 years ago or who want it to copy another franchise.

4,5,6 were all trash and coop is the only thing that kept the later two afloat

When you’re trying to get S+ rank, you don’t have time to mess with puzzles.

Like I said, shenanigans. That's just life in today's age. People bribe, sorry, "lobby" for whatever they want. That doesn't mean science is entirely worthless.

Haha It was really bizarre. I never finished the script, but I heard Rebecca is kinda rugged.

You sure about that? RE5 and 6 sold more than Street Fighter II, RE7, and RE2 '98.

>That doesn't mean science is entirely worthless.

It does mean I'll doubt anything they say if the research is privately funded, as should you.

>although making him part native american was an odd choice.
Makes perfect sense, his name is REDfield after all.

Fine, but saying we know nothing about nutrition is just asinine.

Rebecca definitely has a lot less of that Japanese shy girl attitude, but she is still similar, also that rain character from the alice movies is in there as basically the same character, I think they took her from that script, wesker is pretty much the same as he was in re1, except before he reveals his plan is arguably more heroic than in the games

I wanna lick in that belly button

The script just made me want a lever action rifle in a resident evil game

Thanks for the summary. I really need to get around to reading it, but I get bored with it too easy lol
It'd be cool if there was a fan production of it.

>Claire B
Not canon
>The Darkside Chronicles
ROFL
>RE:2
fair enough but there is no "not meeting Mr. X" now in that one

Its ok, I don’t know how a lot of it would be on film though. I might be giving it a pass because it ships Chris and Jill

PAL and Jap Metal Gear Solid 2-4 box art easily takes that title.

I fucking love shinkawa

>I literally don't know what horror is

If you hated 4 in 2005 you were a fag.

5 is just downright fun and 6 has so much god damn content hating on it is supporting shady business practice.

The canon of RE2 isn't clear cut. Unless you can prove that it is, which you can't. The only reason we know certain things about 2 are canon is because other games and materials have told us so.

RE1 is the same exact way.

Oh god damn it, so your saying the other two options wern't harder difficulty but a whole new scenario for each? I just played both there scenarios and stopped, do I have to go back?

>Plus flamethrower makes Ivies irrelevant.
Killing ivies as Claire is waaaay faster though. And the shotgun requires some skill to get the hang of, whereas a GL round is almost guaranteed to kill a zombie.

>4 resident evil

Attached: 1543553280966.png (752x604, 87K)

>mfw G2 hardcore
Is there a reliable way to beat him without getting my shit kicked in? Fucker keeps ruining my S+ run.

Attached: E9pXIk8.jpg (1200x858, 68K)

When you beat the first scenario (A), you get to make a new save for the B scenario. If you beat Leon A, you unlock Claire B. When you beat Claire B, you get a new Leon A save. After doing that enough times, you unlock The 4th Survivor. If you didn't make the B save, then yeah, you have to make a new one. Also Leon A, Claire B and Claire A, Leon B have unique story changes.

>Hey Claire! Hear that..?

Attached: lc~01.jpg (2056x1290, 289K)

Can someone post that video of the fat woman trying to rationalize her fatness to the fitness trainer, you know the one with the camera zooming into the guys noticably disturbed face.

You have pretty much no chance of getting a S-rank if you're wasting time picking up photos and documents first. That said, you really shouldn't be using them on your first time playing.

Ughhh, fine.

>re4
>good
Heh

anyone who recommends not saving before the G2 run is a retard.

I saved before the chess piece collection, which is annoying but manageable. I just need G2 strats.

Stun grenades. It's pretty much required if you want to avoid getting hit before you have the whole platform open to run around.

I only have one

You just described terror. Horror is more immediate.

Just keep running in circles until you get enough space, turn around and shoot him in the arm-eye, repeat until he kneels and use the crane.

I've never used grenades against G2 so i can confirm it's very doable without them.

It's safer and easier with grenades. And you get an additional stun grenade in the fight arena. If they're having trouble with the fight, they might as well use them. At the least it'll stop Birkin from doing his instant kill grab if you're too slow swinging the crane back.

why do people talk like RE1.5 matters
it was shit even by Kamiya's own admission and since Mikami was already handing off the series, Capcom got Sugimura to actually write a good scenario that has stood the test of time

>Claire willingly jumps onto the elevator like an empowered female who don't need no man to fight G3
>Leon is basically suckered into fighting G3 after Annette (who totally wasn't a bad guy at all, seriously) throws him to the wolves
>Leon just kind of forgives this for some reason and lets Annette shoot Ada on top of it

I played the original but I don't remember the writing being so feminized.

Attached: 1550456024664.png (900x675, 1.25M)

I almost started crying when Claire jumped on the elevator because strong women intimidate me haha I could actually feel my legs go weak

Most of what was written for 1.5 by the artist Oishi made it into the final game that Sugimura rewrote.
Really, Kamiya only hates it because he was in over his head and Mikami never really handed anything off since it wasn't his series. But they're both faggots anyway so it's whatever lol
But I agree that 1.5 was inferior to the final game. A lot of great ideas were introduced, like the collusion between the chief of police and Umbrella. 1.5 had a ton of great ideas of its own too though that have been reused over the years and are fun to research.

I hate SJW shit as much as the next user but come on now don't be ridiculous. That scene was fine, you're just looking for stuff to complain.

Attached: RE2_Claire vs Birkin 3.webm (960x540, 2.68M)

The writing is clearly poorer, the classics are much less awkward. That said I guess it worked out for them, it pulls a lot of stuff from modern Western horror franchises and people loved it.

Claire has always been kind of a badass in-fairness.

Attached: 1549911599746.jpg (350x363, 14K)

>the classics are much less awkward

Oh, wow. Imagine actually believing this.

Who is she?

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

Wesker's daughter, that's why you find a picture of her in his desk.

Rebecca Chambers from RE1. It's a cameo of the same picture in the original RE2. It's just more awkward in this one because it's a weird morph of her official artwork from RE Zero HD.

How old is Claire in REmake 2? She’s such a cutie.

I'd take
>Claire WAIT
>Ada WAIT
>Sherry WAIT
over
>Y'know, just surviving.
>Hey, let's make it out of this. Both of us.
>Just give us some privacy. Please. *3 seconds later, gunshot*
>She's been implanted, there's no hope for her.
>Wait I can treat her in my lab.
>Nevermind there's no time. Goodbye Sherry.
>Who's this?
>This is Sherry.
>OK.
and all the
>Sonofabitch
>Jesus Christ
>What the hell
>Just die already
you get from just aiming

It just seems pretty similar to what she does in the original with the Tyrant: "Game over, big guy!"

CV is as much of an action game as the games everyone hates except for controlling like total shit for that purpose, and it has so much backtracking it makes RE 1-3 look like rail shooters. It's complete garbage.

>tfw no silent hill remake

Attached: 1.jpg (604x544, 70K)

She's 19.

I don't mind the cursing while shooting. I was more terrified that when Leon goes "You got this", we'd get Tomb Raider 2013 levels of self-monologue. Glad it didn't happen.

Wasn't the original also a bad face swap of a real photo?

Thank God every day there's no Silent Hill remake.
They couldn't even handle an HD remaster.

wanna date my sister? where do you live? I will take you to her

Attached: 1549574529273.gif (323x300, 405K)

I just got back from a pow camp in nam and watched a P.T. playthru for the first time on YouTube, that game getting canned is honestly the most upsetting game cancellation ever

Is Leon B worth playing? I ain't going through the entire game a third time for some minor changes here and there

>b-but muh classic
Yet another case of OLD GOOD, NEW BAD

Attached: film-d.png (400x320, 186K)

Yeah, but the body is a lot more natural. With the RE:2 picture, they throw in a pair of legs that don't mesh well with the upper body.

Attached: GHAE08_ba1d146e_9.png (128x128, 29K)

unfortunately i agree 100% with this
let it rest

If you like the game there's no need for you to even ask this. If you don't like the game then you already played enough.

Yeah, because mixing renders like Dr. Frankenstein looks good no matter what.

Attached: mainillust.jpg (790x1080, 363K)

>natural
>completely different skin tone between the face and the body

Attached: zdog.png (247x291, 12K)

It's nothing... Just don't stop!

Attached: 1550774484598.jpg (1577x894, 284K)

>the body is a lot more natural
The body's one piece, not two mixed together.
The face is obviously slapped on from the live-action actress from the first game. It doesn't look good in either, but it looks better of the two in my opinion.

Y'know you don't have to pat the game on the ass in every single regard to still think it's good.

It's just a little easter egg, both versions are lazy and rushed jobs for all i care.

This is correct. But that's most like a definition of survival horror instead of just RE. All of the RE games which are actual survival horror are:
>RE1
>RE2
>RE3
>Code Veronica
>REmake
>RE0
>RE7
>REmake 2
Not sure if I'd include Revelations 1, looking only at the Jill segments of course. Haven't played Rev2.

I love this image, the possessive sultry eyes and the claw marks make it.

Rev2 is pretty action heavy, though it has a little bit of backtracking and puzzle solving.

Revelations 2 is a slightly more more "survival horror" RE4 so no, i wouldn't count it either.

>a shitty mask with a photoshop filter on it

its trash

For sure. I'm not sure how rushed it was in the original, but chances are they would have drawn it if it wasn't a last minute decision.
Then with RE:2, they likely didn't wanna waste time working with the official Zero promo model just for a cameo.
Still looks weird, but I'm glad they added it again.
I'm more bummed that the team photo in the S.T.A.R.S. office is the same as the PS1 photo.

>Claire: "Sopa de Birkin, uma delicia"

what did she mean by this?

Survival Horror is a weird thing.
It was a genre coined just for RE, but it's more of a hype thing. In reality, RE has always been a horror-themed Action-Adventure title.
I don't even think the modern games use the Survival Horror genre much anymore.

Other horror games like Silent Hill and Clock Tower do it too. Silent Hill had the moniker, "MASTER OF HORROR ADVENTURE" on advertising. They don't really mean anything.

Over the years, RE has just changed with the times.

I just want that exact outfit for Jill in RE3make

One of the more interesting parts of 1.5 was how the puzzles where based on reality instead of weird Umbrella shit. Like, one puzzle had you figure out a password by watching someone type it in a security video and another had you record some dudes voice in order to unlock a voice locked door. It's pretty interesting because it seems like they actually tried to make the police station more believable in 1.5 before essentially deciding to turn it into the Spencer Mansion 2.0 for RE2 proper.

Attached: leon_cop.png (316x466, 104K)

Was it too hard to use the original Claire character model?

Attached: 1525813708139.jpg (1500x1500, 171K)

Claire has literally ALWAYS been headstrong

>No bike shorts

I guess it is pretty hard.

Attached: 1521467983028.jpg (1500x1500, 198K)

Not gonna happen as anything but as an unlockable "classic" costume. I'd imagine her default outfit will be something similar to pic related.

Attached: Blue_&_black.jpg (401x490, 54K)

>dat cheek cleavage
pls someone to make this into a mod

even better

Why did she come back for him? She got what she wanted.

Attached: 1549303835648.jpg (1920x1080, 775K)

Capcom prefer to use face scans with the RE7 engine, I guess they find manually animating detailed models to be too time consuming.

I like Claire's new face model, but I wish they'd tried to get someone a bit closer for Chris. Blonde Chris just weirds me out.

You're not fooling anyone, it's gonna be pic related.

Attached: in a perfect world without SJW and feminism.jpg (1280x1280, 257K)

too far removed

anyways, the whole appeal of RE3 Jill is that she's a sexy "gun girl"

He melted her icy heart.

Her hyper realistic body is absolutely disgusting, keep the face but at least fix her body.

Attached: 1538237021409.jpg (2560x1440, 193K)

RE1 ended with you blowing up a 7 foot man with a rocket launcher, the series always had action shit, it just overtook the horror aspect

They could always give Jill something sensible to start that ends up getting very torn/damaged as the story proceeds.

If they do remake 3, I'm really curious what they're gonna do with it. More changes like 2, I bet. Jill's outfit likely included.

I think they were bored by it.
1.5's RPD was too realistic and not as fantastic as the mansion facade in 1.
Personally I think the RE:2 RPD is the perfect marriage between both the prototype and final precinct. I just miss the huge stained glass window in the main hall.
Honestly it's kind of surprising how much they pulled from 1.5 and early 2 materials for the remake.

I get the realism angle for Claire, but it's a shame that they made her so different.
You can hardly even make out the "Made In Heaven" design on her back now.

The realism argument with Ada is bad though.
More unrealistic design than the original 2 and with sunglasses in the middle of the night. Going full Wesker with that one.
RE4/Umbrella Chronicles/Darkside Chronicles didn't do any better unfortunately.

I like nu-Claire's body, she's thicc in the right places and has a decent pair of perky tits.

(Said tits seem to grow whenever she sees Leon, probably some weird maternal thing)

None of that matters though because RE4 is a shit game that's aged like milk.

Who the fuck stamps their name on it? Like we're all going to google it and become a paetron for pretty guide sheets with info stolen from other people.

Thanks KimoForce! All the useful information out there that goes unaccredited, I'm glad I got to put a name to one of them.

Also, make sure everyone is signing their memes. This isn't about contribution to a community, its about making sure you get you some more twitter followers to feel special.

u mad lol

Considering we had "Ghost survivors is too hard!" bitching threads last week, does this really surprise you?

this image is so scary for some reason

>(you don't need that much, it took me 1 nade and 7 pistol shots).
I just dumped 150 minigun ammo, 9 high powered handgun ammo, 4 acid and 5 flame and got eaten.

Fuck you.
Fuck adaptive difficulty.
Fuck this game.

Boogie log off and take your meds, she's never coming back.

>You can hardly even make out the "Made In Heaven" design on her back now
I'm guessing they wanted to keep visual distractions to a minimum on the player characters. You at least get a full color version of it in the STARS office.

You only hate gays because society gives them more respect than you, fatty.

This picture killed me

MOAR

Yes. Objectively.

>I just dumped 150 minigun ammo, 9 high powered handgun ammo, 4 acid and 5 flame and got eaten
On G5? That's impossible, you don't even get enough time to dump all that shit on him. How about you actually read my post this time?

mmmmm.

G5 is a timed fight.

Once he comes in as far as he can, you only need to deal a little damage and he dies.

You can see knife only hardcore speedruns swipe him with a knife to kill him, and I tested it myself with the infinite rocket launcher. I fired as fast as possible the entire fight, and only after he got to his predetermined defeat point did the rocket launcher do anything.

Imagine caring.

After his eye opened I put atleast 5 high powered ammo, about 50 minigun ammo and 4 flame. Kiss my ass.
>speedrun
PCfags playing at 120+ fps with knife glitch don't count.

You're a moron.

The 120 fps knife makes it deal around 3x damage, it's not some instant kill attack.

Put your back to the door you initially come from, after he gets close hit him with whatever and he'll die, obviously if he gets so close that he eats you, you waited too long.

G5 is literally the easiest fight in the entire fucking game.

Hardcore doesn't have AD.

Hardcore only has the top 2 levels of AD, it makes very little difference which one you are on.

There's a second in the boss area

That's why told you to wait for him to get closer after he opens his eye you absolute dumbass. If i'm not mistaken it goes like this:
>Stage 1: he shows up
>Stage 2: he gets closer (eye closed)
>Stage 3: he gets even closer (still closed)
>Stage 4: he gets closer and opens his eye
>Stage 5: he gets even closer with his eye open
You're supposed to wait to shoot him until he reaches stage 5 because that's when he takes full damage. It's not my fault you can't follow simple instructions.

Suck my ass you condescending faggot. This is the first time I died to this shit in 8 runs, I pumped that much ammo into him and he should be dead but he wasn't. I'm sick of fighting G3 and 4.

any tips for the minimalist trophy? i know the game backwards by this point but i just want to be sure not to fuck it up

Exactly, there's nothing adaptive about playing on HC.

Play assisted with infinite handgun so you don't need to pickup ammo. Replace handgun with SMG if you've S'd hardcore already. Assisted will always heal you to caution. Play Claire as Sherry takes less steps than Ada. Skip out on weapons locker and whatnot. You'll finish with 9-10k steps if you aren't a brainlet. You'll also not use heals.

Hey retard, I had more than enough ammo according to you, even if I wasted half of it before the precise moment, the rest was put into him after he moves forward. Your grenade + 7 shots is a lie.

>Mikami is a Jillfag
>Mikami also hates Rebecca
What a great guy.

Attached: image.jpg (300x225, 10K)

>I played the original but I don't remember the writing being so feminized.
The fuck are you on about? 3 of the 4 playable characters in the main campaign are women. 2 of them take no shit and handle themselves just fine without needing no man. Not an SJW game by any means, but RE2 was heavily female focused.

I'm surprised those cock sucker modern journalist don't hold RE2 as a shining example of good female representation. Practically all the men but Leon and Hunk die. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if those fuckers never played it and just assumed it was a Leon only game.

you're just bad lol

Village, garrador, regenerators, verdugo.

Don't forget even Sherry runs off on her own.

It's actually quite an easy and fun challenge.
>pick Leon A,
>only grab your matilda and shotgun (i upgraded both but it's not neccesary)
>ignore the magnum and flamethrower
>grab all the pouches
>make sure to open everything with the key items you pick so you can discard them

Wrong achievement m8.

It's a shame i didn't record the last seconds of my B/S+ runs. That's literally how i did it after i looked up video guides on how G5 worked, 1 nade+6/7 shots, i didn't need anything else. Again, it's not my fault you can't follow instructions.

Attached: RE2 S+.png (1019x463, 411K)

i'm pretty sure you can't use the infinite weapons since you have the open the item box to actually get them
i already got the steps trophy without even trying on claire b

So is Super Tyrant timed or not? I've seen people say that you need to stagger him 3 times to trigger the anti-tank and other people say just dodge him and wait.

90 seconds minimum if you meet the damage threshhold.

I've seen a few videos of RE 1.5 walkthrough, it looked boring as fuck story wise even without the FMV and cutscenes. But the police station was fucking great and somehow creepier that what we had.

Is that 3 staggers?

youtube.com/watch?v=tPr70viajWU

why does leon have tits?

>doing Claire B
>no shotgun to save my ass when .45 ammo gets scarce.
Think all I made in Leon B was shotgun ammo and only pulled the magnum out like 3 or 4 times.

Staggers aren't necessary. Watch Carci when he's live.

>resident evil revy

>Complete the game without opening the item box

What the fuck

See

Heheh

>Get both Hardcore S+Ranks
>Casually walking through the RPD blowing up every single enemy with the Rocket Launcher
>Mr. X starts playing his BRAAAP music
>Stunlock him in a corner for 5 minutes with the minigun

God I miss this feeling from the old RE games, when your reward was simply catharsis.

Attached: 200% rad.jpg (267x395, 18K)

I can still get achievements in runs where I use infinite weapons, right? I did so in the ghost survivors to get the 10 mr. racoons there with infinite ammo but I want to make sure it works in the main game.

see Horror sections in an action game do not make an action game horror

Did he eat a whole skeleton?

Attached: Corncern_Slug.png (143x163, 41K)

Attached: image.jpg (500x500, 42K)

Oooo never seen this before, much better than the other one. Fucken saved

Because my handwritten scribble on a notepad doesn't look as good.

Have you watched anyone try and play the game yet user? They do stupid shit like waste ammo knocking Mr.X and using MAG ammo to clear rooms with 1-2 zombies I wouldn't be suprised if they found it to difficult

I chose Claire first, but don't sign up for e-dick weaving bullshit.

>killing Ivy's
Shoot one of the bulb things with your 9mm is and run past while they're stunned, don't waste flamethrower ammo on them.

Yes.

Who wouldn't try to knock Mr. X at least once though? You got items for doing so in the original game.

Watch a speedrunner kill him

sucks to suck, loser

Because Code Veronica was a failure and RE4 is the greatest action game ever made.

She'll probably get full black jeans and a blue tank top with her classic outfit being available as an alternative.

It has 2 main characters. that simple, guess who was the favorite one? the male character.

>he likes Code Veronica
>he thinks RE3 has more action than CVX
>he thinks RE4 was scary

Attached: 1550771397102.png (211x239, 6K)

That’s why 4 is infinitely superior to 5 and 6. It has a horror aesthetic that’s totally lost on the sequels

Where would I use flamethrower in the lab anyways? After G2 you don't really need it anymore.

>god I hate women so much why won't they have sex with me

Literally the perfect amount of pudge.

Attached: N_1ad9eb_6678365.jpg (1200x1598, 179K)

Flamethrower annihilates G3 when his chest shows.

Handgun to the small eyes+flamethrower to the chest is the best way to kill G3

who

Claire A/ Leon B is canon because
>Claire had to get to the West Area of the Lab first to unlock the case, and the building collapses when Leon leaves so she must have been gone by then
>It makes absolutely zero fucking sense for Leon to stay in the train with Sherry while Claire goes to fight Birkin

Attached: 1335976871055.jpg (200x200, 7K)

Is this in order or random?

Thats disgusting user

Use a knife for lickers, It stunlocks them so you can spam away.

Jesus fucking Christ. Nevermind that thing is gross.

Attached: 1516003050252.png (250x202, 8K)

You should add:
>Claire shows no worries about her brother in the ending, meaning she heard about his "europe vacation" from Marvin.

You're reaching. That scene with Claire felt a lot like Aliens, the only thing it needed was Sherry cornered and Claire saying "Get away from her you bitch"

In Claire B, Leon leaves a note for her telling her that Chris isn't there so that one still works in either route

In the original didn't Leon refuse to believe that Ada was lying to him because he was so pussywhipped? But in this one he immediately calls her out after Annette tells him she's a spy.

Maybe but that only says he's not """in the station""". Her conversarion with Marvin on Claire A is the only way she gets some real certainty about Chris's location and safety.

What? Those are things that only happen in Claire A/Leon B. It doesn't have anything to do with Leon A/Claire B. It doesn't prove or disprove anything.

Marvin doesn't know what happened to any of them. In either scenario, Claire gets his diary where he mentions going to Europe.

Yeah fair enough, you're right

>Marvin doesn't know what happened to any of them
He clearly does, he immediatly recognized the Redfield name, he works in the same building as Chris and that's enough for him to know he left a few weeks ago to europe as "vacation".

>In either scenario, Claire gets his diary where he mentions going to Europe.
And in both scenarios she doesn't sound convinced at all by it.

>Garrador
I will never not be mad at this stupid as fuck name. Pick up a fucking dictionary god damn it.

>Novistador

>How did she get outshined into oblivion by a rookie police officer who has no connections to RE1?
she didnt

Attached: claire_face_unimpressed1.jpg (419x458, 32K)

Marvin says they disappeared. According to Jill's diary, Chris was acting really unstable in the precinct while he was conducting his own research. I doubt he shared what he was going to do with anyone outside of the mansion survivors. We know Jill was fully aware of his exact location, but Marvin never leaves any indication that he'd know.

She doesn't respond to it. In Claire A, you just read the memo and in Claire B, Leon tells her he's not in the city and hands her the diary. That's about it. She's convinced enough to fly to Paris three months later.

>Jill's diary
The hell are you talking about?

RE1 is like this too. Barry, Chris, Jill and Rebecca all escape the mansion but theres no ending for this.

Quick question, how did Chris afford an expensive vacation to Europe just so he can hunt down Umbrella? Let alone find a way to get a gun abroad.

He's the equivalent of working for Special Forces. It clearly paid well.

It's a memo you unlock in RE3. It describes the events between 1 and 3 from her perspective. The epilogue you unlock for her also shows her at Chris's place in Europe.

S.T.A.R.S. members made the big bucks.

>Get a gun abroad
It's not like it's some impossible task to get a gun in europe.
>Expensive vacation
He gets paid well

I wondered why nobody point this out, I cringe every time.

Fuck me, I did standard Claire and I thought I could speedrun Leon, but this is harder, I swear I feel like there are more zombies, I hope the sewer section is at least different.

The batshit crazy chainsaw guy chasing you is scarier and more tense than anything from any game before or after.

I'm guessing you're not aware of the alternate timeline theories that REmake 2 sparked right? The established canon and RE3's epilogues are currently in jeopardy until REmake 3 comes out.

Exactly. We're still getting details about it too. THE STAGE mentions Chris meeting Rebecca in the storeroom. All we get from RE1 and 2 are little crumbs of canon over the years. It's not like CODE:Veronica where what you see take place on-screen is exactly what happens.

> I did Claire and thought I could speedrun the completely different character with their own arsenal and variations on where I go
mmm grayons

>shoot in leg with shotgun
>knife him
wow so scary

Trust me, I'm fully aware. The staff keep calling RE:2 a reimagining and/or new title altogether though. They've also said it doesn't rewrite the canon. For the time-being, I'm treating it like The Darkside Chronicles. Otherwise, parts of the franchise can't happen.

The fact that he would instantly kill you if he caught you while being relatively fast made him so much better than the one from 5 who has a huge wind up bullet sponge

What are herbs anyways?

weed

Good Drugs

Attached: Leon and Ada high off red herbs.jpg (1000x589, 197K)

Just medicinal plants indigenous to the Raccoon City area.

Out of interest, what parts of the franchise does the remake currently invalidate?

I thought Raccoon City timelines etc were mostly intact.

Super plants native to Arklay that apparently close wounds almost instantly.

I guess super medicine that doesn't exist in our world.

"stop playing and enjoying resident evil 4"

Attached: becca_scold.gif (340x231, 2.66M)

Good, it should remain an obscure classic you need to pirate in order to play

Not him but by end of REmake 2 Claire seems more interested in staying with Sherry/Leon and taking down Umbrella rather than ditching them and keep looking for her brother. If it stays like that it would pretty much invalidate RE3's epilogue and maybe the entirety of CV.

The statue puzzle retcons the Desperate Times scenario from RE Outbreak. In it, Marvin creates a plan where Rita goes through a passage under the maiden statue in the main hall and escapes to the surface where she finds help. In RE:2, it's Elliot's idea that he concocts after Rita mentions it. When you reveal the passage, Marvin remarks that Elliot was right. The location of the medallions and Marvin's response, along with Elliot's memos, indicate it never happened.

HUNK does not retrieve the G-virus in RE:2's 4th Survivor scenario, which means he can never deliver it to Christine Henri in France. Henri was the one who set up the operation so that the European branch of Umbrella would have the sample. Since that doesn't happen, they are unable to develop the t+G virus, which is instrumental to the Spencer Rain incident in RE Dead Aim.

There's lot of minor details as well, such as Brad's corpse being vacant from the precinct, the Ivy's having a different design and conflicting with the Sheena Island incident, etc. But they aren't as major in my opinion.

fuck off beccafag

No way, fag.

Don't tell me what to do

Attached: 1549432431466.jpg (390x800, 128K)

I'll like both the old trilogy and RE4 and there's nothing you can do about it

for me, its Claire

Attached: clairexsherry4.jpg (2456x1440, 373K)

>Her next game was good
LMAO

code veronica was better than 4, and there's nothing you can do about it

Attached: clairexwesker_meet.webm (1280x720, 1.51M)

Eh, shinkawa is in a league of his own, so I'm not even considering his covers

The outbreak scenario might be fixed by DLC, or possibly by RE3, but I see your point.

I don't think it's anything massively major though, aside from maybe that HUNK one.

the scene was cringe, but i don't think it has some sort of 'muh stronk womyn' agenda behind it. Remember - it's a chink game, they probably thought it would look cool or something

The Claire/Leon thing is probably kind of a big deal, but it doesn't require massive changes to allow CV to happen.

I'm guessing they'll throw an alternative explanation in, to explain why Claire left Leon/Sherry. Maybe we'll see that in RE3.

My runny shits are better than CVX and I'm not even a 4 fan.

I like everything RE honestly (except for ORC and the Game.com port of 2).

I don't get the hate on CODE:Veronica. It's got a solid plot on the founders, some cool characters, a really cool virus, great soundtrack, etc.
The gameplay was already dated for its time, but it was in development independent of 3 so it's really just an improved version of 2 in that regard. The difficulty is ramped up too, which I know tends to rub people the wrong way.

And while I don't love the direction Mikami took with 4, the final game is still ridiculously fun and it was a fresh new take on the series.
When it dropped, everyone loved it. People were skeptical about the zombies not being there, but they got over it.

I think the biggest problem a lot of people have the CV is it was when the series really turned the campiness up to eleven.

Don't get me wrong, the series always had silliness, but CV really pushed it.

>In the original RE2 Claire A and Leon B are the canon routes
[citation needed]

Not sure about actual canon, but they were the most canon.

I think the biggest problem with Leon A/Claire B, was that Sherry never got infected by the g-virus which causes story problems later on.

It is a great game, just not very horroriffic.

people just hate based Steve

Attached: steve.jpg (560x560, 28K)

I don't think they'll do it. I think they were waiting on it so that they could give Ghost something to do. The sample Ada ends up getting there contradicts The Umbrella Chronicles where she obtains a tissue fragment instead of a vial, but since The Ghost Survivors are what-if scenarios, it can be disregarded entirely.

The Outbreak scenario most likely takes place the same day Jill goes to the RPD, but Rita and the survivors are long gone by that point. Marvin is also unconscious at the time. It's possible they could address it, but I doubt they'd be able to without unraveling something else.

Overall, it's just easier to follow what's been said by staff and treat the game as a bit of a what-if where partial sections may be taken as canon.

You're damn right about that. The original trilogy had zombies, monsters and giant animals sure, but the rest of it was pretty grounded in reality and it wasn't until CV where it really jumped the shark. There's nothing i want more for this series than anything post 99 to be retconned with these REmakes.

Why do people assume, based on RE2R's ending, that Claire is just going to stop trying to find Chris despite her reading his secretive letter that indicates his general whereabouts and implies he's in a dangerous situation involving Umbrella, the company responsible for all the shit Claire just went through?

Attached: 1550833066851.png (645x773, 49K)

>CVfags can't refute any criticism, only post wojaks

kek how sad.

Because she didn't hint at it like she did in the original ending and she certainly didn't do pic related.

Attached: Resident_Evil_3_Epilogue_5_Claire_Redfield.jpg (320x240, 50K)

your post was dumb that's all. later loser

The RE3 epilogue is nixed, but it's still quite easy to create a new explanation.

Maybe Claire changes her mind and decides Chris needs her help in Europe. Hopefully Capcom will explain this in 3.

It wasn't even me you replied with that wojak to, you delusional fucking aspie.

Attached: claire_hands_guns.webm (1280x720, 191K)

I still hope for a DLC showing the last days of the RPD, with Marvin/Rita/David and Elliot rushing around trying to save survivors and stop the place falling.

Worst case though, a file in RE3 would at least clarify the situation.

That makes sense. Sugimura wrote the CODE:Veronica script. He was also the one who revised 2, but he was working off of a lot of ideas that were already established before his arrival.

A lot of the same themes from CODE:Veronica were also in his scripts for Survivor, Zero, Dead Aim, and Clock Tower 3. He really loved flamboyant, bizarre characters. The Ashford Twins embody that perfectly, but other characters like the Queen Leech are meh.

So glad they improved him in Darkside lmao
Even if it was at the expense of the Twins, it was worth it.

Ok, but it's quite a stretch to think that Claire suddenly doesn't give a shit about searching for her brother solely because she doesn't explicitly say so at the end of RE2R. Why would she assume he's safe at all and not worth finding? Why would Capcom retcon an entire game and character relationship based on a minor script change in the final scene? Claire's entire motivation at the start of RE2, is to find Chris. Not only does she not find him but she learns that he's probably in serious trouble given what Umbrella did to Raccoon City. They mean the world to each other, Claire says so herself. Sorry, I just find the whole idea ridiculous.

Shut the fuck up Steve before i kick your manlet canadian ass you gay Leon clone

Attached: 1488812779971.jpg (1003x878, 67K)

I can't figure out why.

Attached: 1540364321303.gif (601x601, 1.08M)

Shotgun is better

Remember the bow gun? God, I'm glad they didn't bring back that piece of shit

Attached: Claire_bio2_bowgun.jpg (784x448, 50K)

Oh no i'm sure she'd still keep looking for Chris, just not as desperately to leave a wounded man and a little girl stranded in the desert. If the retcon theory turns true then they could rewrite it with them getting to safety first and then she decides to go to Europe, who knows, maybe even Leon tags along.

>Why would Capcom retcon an entire game and character relationship based on a minor script change in the final scene?
Because CV is one the least succesful and liked RE games in the whole series. It's not a crazy or unprecedented idea for a company to reboot a series and start over. In this hypothetical scenario it would halfway through.

Explosive bolts were bretty fun

why would Leon tells Claire to fuck off like that?

He saw an asian walking across the street.

The way of the Chad.

code veronica remake already confirmed

Attached: chris_note2.jpg (1851x972, 480K)

ADA WAIT

you are a fucking god

That was CV, no explosive option in RE2. Just shitty normal bolts that waste inventory space.

I warmed up to the new models, but I just cannot in no way see Chris in the new Chris model, is so out of nowhere considering every other game and the animated movies.

Oh yeah you're right. Man the bowgun sucked.

Aka the "use it once in the evidence room so you don't burn through ammo for any of your actually useful weapons and never use it again" gun.

haha those smoke trails look like something else if you know what I mean

Anyone else where stuck with the 9mm pistol for most of RE3? those super rounds were fun

That's what annoys me with Chris. The new models they did at least make an effort to grab people that somewhat resembled the old designs.

Chris looks completely different.

yeah it really doesn't fit at all

How do i play the OG RE 1-3 on PC? Why can't they just sell them on steam? FUCK.

Attached: 1483960247648.png (421x389, 228K)

there are pc ports for all 3 of them, and a bunch of versions you can emulate too, 2 & 3's sourcenext ports have big fanpatches as well though i'm not sure about 1

RE1 - I'd emulate this.

RE2 play the sourcenext version with the rebirth patch (translates everything, fixes issues and lets you run at high res).

RE3 play the sourcenext version with the restoration patch. Pretty much the same deal, fixes etc.

If for some reason you can't get the sourcenext versions of RE2 to work you can emulate it just fine on Dolphin. RE3 on the other hand doesn't work too well on Dolphin, at least when I tried it.

Anyone else running the DLC?
Rate my meme strat.
streamable.com/xefkw

Attached: 20190218042107_1.jpg (1920x1080, 254K)

Attached: Press room.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

I did a playthrough of RE3 recently on Dolphin. It was OK, and FPS was good, but camera angle transitions felt slightly slower.

Was never sure if it was just my imagination or it was actually taking longer to load new scenes.

Anybody know if that dude on twitter is making more RE2 randomizer seeds? I'm having more fun with them than the remake.

Attached: fixed angle test.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

I'm a brainlet who only uses his PC for porn and work stuff. Is there any guide for this?

>sAlty

copied & pasted from the archive

>Sourcenext RE2:
mega.nz/#!QNt1RYDb!aNtMZ4KSM8aovTfUf4jXhlrj4PvYpH41cMHT9Ve3ElM

1.0 Patch: appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/download/biohazard-2-sourcenext-1-1-0-patch/

RE2 Classic Rebirth: appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-2-classic-rebirth/

>RE3 Source Next:
drive.google.com/uc?id=1vKTp571rnuw5KEdPYLjod07rURBF5mGz&export=download

Restoration Mod:
moddb.com/mods/resident-evil-3-restoration-project

pretty much just download and install in that order

>finally a guide with the greenhouse codes in fucking numbers like its supposed to

Attached: 1539035294469.jpg (345x345, 25K)

Oh nice! Thanks!

>PS: Leon, if you are reading this, please fuck my sister

fookin nice dude. I could never just go through crowds of zombies like that, perfectly stunning the dangerous ones while in the middle of a crowd and just running past the rest

Eh, it's not as impressive as you'd think.
For one of those runs there's like 20 where I ate shit, I just wanted to see where I'd get by picking up the pistol instead of the flash and it worked.

The model in RE7 is supposed to be a young clone of Chris Redfield. Blue Umbrella is run by clone Albert Wesker.

Attached: 1521353140653.png (499x497, 426K)

That did kinda annoy me, but I skip the cutscenes on repeat playthroughs anyway so I'll never see it

I dont think so, Claire has a much more efficient route in RPD and Sewers, he has easier to manage inventory because Claire has more weaponry though, and the shotgun is more all purpose, but she can deal with everything well if she has the right setup

Can you shoot the camera like you could in the original?

clone chris is retarded but if that's what it takes to get a different model i'll accept it. it really doesn't look like him at any age though desu

Attached: 1550817825833.png (739x1077, 1.17M)

I'm not even joking. RE7 was going to introduce the concept of clones. Umbrella Corps revealed the clone of Wesker running Blue Umbrella.

Attached: fzwesgf2p4911.png (551x358, 402K)

the idea has been kicking around inside capcom since revelations at least

RE4 defines "overrated".

You define "retarded".

Attached: 1536504809158.jpg (250x250, 12K)

All I'm getting from this is that people are desperately interpreting minor script changes as "dude new timeline, CV and beyond is retconned, LeonXClaire etc." when we have no information provided in RE2R that definitively conflicts with the twenty year old established order of major events. Sure, I can see Capcom changing minor details to create a more believable scenario or to mess with player's expectations (Hunk and the G sample) but they're never going to go back and get rid of several games worth of information solely because a few words and details got moved around in RE2R or because "people don't like CV". That game just got ported to modern consoles along with RE4/5/6; it's not like Capcom wants people to forget about those games' existence.

claire is the main character in that a woman can go through the same hardships as a man (arguably less due to a number of factors) and still garner the attention of society over him.

People are fucking retarded bro, don't even bother.
"HURR DURR ANNETTE DIED IN 2 DIFFERENT PLACES WHAT IS CANON?!!>!?"
It's like these mouth breathers don't fucking realize that her dying is all that matters, and how it happened has 0 impact on the story, at all.
Same as people that don't realize Leon and Claire split up off screen, even in the original RE2, but they'll keep bickering over retarded shit because they can't fathom events taking place outside of the game.

Attached: 1542860017447.jpg (388x389, 44K)

is there some speedrun guide that doesnt constitute reading shit loads of play by plays? Im pretty intimidated by this game in speedruinning hardcore i wont lie. still wanna get around to it tho.

Honestly, all you need to do is know where to go and how to use items the fastest.
This should be considerably simple if you have the puzzle cheatsheet and half a brain.
Don't be afraid, some speedruns are going to get fucked up by simple shit, just have fun with it.

Attached: 20190222034249_1.jpg (1920x1080, 192K)

Here's a simple one I wrote up based on some video I watched that I'm going to use soon. Please rate and berate: pastebin.com/4ZWW8vPV

And I just realized after posting that you didn't want something like this, whoops.

Attached: 1534446224441.gif (400x372, 533K)

It's kind of like the first game. Canon implies both Jill and Chris explored the mansion independently.

You can't see this scenario in game.

The game scenarios never represent perfect canon.

>pastebin.com/4ZWW8vPV
this is actually not bad compared to most, I might actually jus use it thanks user.

Transfats are bad for you

Clones never improved a story that I can think of.
Spiderman, Star Wars, Batman/Superman, the Resident Evil movies.
Is an ass-pull.

That mega link is asking me por a pro account, is there another site to download it?

I tried my best to try and section off each segment. A lot of the time towards the end some segments would fit nicely in just ten step intervals. The first save is not until the monitor room in the sewers. Some feedback on the beginning would be useful, such as some ammo drops that may have been missed.

I'm sure it'll be on most torrent sites.

Yea, das hot...

>one of the greatest games of all time.

Attached: becca_face_smug1.jpg (400x400, 34K)

Not everything is clear cut but we do know that Clair A is canon because of Sherry getting infected with a G-baby. Also T-00s were sent to eliminate the police force and survivors, sort of how Nemesis was sent for the STARS team.

Easy mode children will never understand

Sherry getting infected happens in both A and B in RE2make, and we do not yet know if the remake trumps the original canon-wise.

based retard

>and we do not yet know if the remake trumps the original canon-wise.
Why can't RE2make be treated as a C type scenario?

>Get my first film clue
>It's DCM
>Hmm "devil cry may"?
>Check out other lockers
>Second floor can form CAP
>"Psst nice try Capcom"
>SZF "street zero fighter"

I guess they mixed the other two for non retarded people who got the CAP locker first.

Attached: 1376013451937.jpg (300x480, 68K)

I don't wanna date her, I wanna fuck her.

imo the NA version of the RE2 cover shits all over this one

Ahum

Fuck RE2REMAKE

And fuck NuRE

dumb nigger

Attached: 1550790668632.jpg (484x675, 55K)

How about fuck you? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>RE4 babb dares to speak to me
>RE4 babb gives me their "opinion" on a series they bandwagoned on at 4 and hated everything after.
Fuck you, I'm glad you niggers are mad, you'll NEVER EVER EVER have your headshot kick again, it'd be preferable if you killed yourself upon reaching this conclusion

Attached: 20190127031427_2.jpg (1920x1080, 363K)

Claire will never get to be in a relationship with the man she loves, so the fear of death has no hold over her

Any Resident Evil game after 3 sucks

Sincerely yours,

/vr/

RE4 pretending to be a horror game for all of 15 minutes until Leon says "bingo" is one of my favourite things about it. RE games always go off the rails towards the end, but RE4 does it less than a third of the way into the game.

Attached: no thanks, BRO!.gif (500x281, 989K)

Fixed-camera zombie death animation!

Attached: Resident Evil 2 biohazard Re2 2019.02.22 - 17.47.28.62.DVR.webm (848x940, 2.98M)

Neato, are you getting all these fixed camera angle webms from somewhere or is this actually your doing?

it's my doing

Go back home to your threads about scanline filters and CRTs you only turn on to make threads about

Would it actually work as a mod or is there so much setup to it that it wouldn't be easy to package?

>scanline filters
As if

Attached: IMG_20190125_181925.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

so why cant you mod out the annoying blinking black screen?

They should patch pale heads into the base game in the lab. Patch the poison zombies ino the sewers and patch the armored zombies into the police station. It would improve the base campaign 100%

it might work as a mod in the future after some extensive RE2 modding framework is created but right now it's a pain in the ass to set up. Only the free-cam mod (comes w/ the FPS mod) can completely freeze the camera like that even during zombie grabs or when you aim, and it's really hard to position it right or adjust it after you set it

there is probably a way. I don't make the mods I just use them

>armored zombies
I have not played the DLC, but I am fairly sure there is one in the Leon campaign, sewers, near a dead soldier, seemed more resistant, but maybe it was just my impression coupled with hitting the metal grates.

>They should patch into the base game
No fuck that, just make a whole separate difficulty option for that.

I hide those threads, I'm the one complaining about post-PSX RE and shit on nuCRPGs

There are zombies with body armor in the base game; they look like SWAT or USS guys without masks. Elliot has a bullet proof vest too. There are no gore effects when you shoot it and it probably reduces bullet damage a small amount but it does not prevent you from, for example, cutting a body-armored zombie in half with a shotgun blast.
The armored zombies from the DLC truly do have bulletproof armor though

>He thinks the shittes that cried about "Muh bullet sponge zombies" could handle that.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
The casuals were bitching here even, that's how you know it shitter slammed baddies.

Attached: 20190221223810_1.jpg (1920x1080, 150K)

How do you even get pass the bosses?

Could you have been any more vague?

Attached: 20190131065316_1.jpg (1920x1080, 323K)

it was great, just bits and pieces here and there
>X drops near the end
>is this a fucking joke?

God damn your autism is so out of control the government needs to regulate it with laws and policies

Did you really have to dumb down the note for us? Anyone with half a brain can put two and two together the second he says Europe.

Since they already did Leon and Claire's '98 polygon models, should they go the whole hog and offer up enemy/boss '98 costumes as well? I like the original PS1 models being in the game, but when everything else looks realistic, I cant justify using them. I would love a mode where all the zombies, dogs, lickers etc all have PS1 models. The only original character not present in the PS1 game is Kenodo's daughter, right? They could just pallete swap Sherry.

yes i had to make it after constant retards kept asking what the letter meant and them being confused about it. also half the retards here didnt even play CV