Why is The Sims 1 so aesthetically superior to literally every other entry in the series...

Why is The Sims 1 so aesthetically superior to literally every other entry in the series? What makes it stand out as so much more soulful?

Attached: 7dQeQDI.png (1920x1080, 1.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=neeXmBkvPIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lqwXVOO0gl0
youtube.com/watch?v=399YneFTwh0
youtube.com/watch?v=QUmfx6CVUxI
youtube.com/watch?v=Bs5QGN-zhwM
youtube.com/watch?v=Tyr78yK8Hj0
youtube.com/watch?v=4Il5aZhYy8E
youtube.com/watch?v=E-qnXNUSUMA
freeso.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=QU2rUU0z72Y&t=28s
myabandonware.com/game/the-sims-bf5
myabandonware.com/game/the-sims-deluxe-edition-bfb
myabandonware.com/game/the-sims-complete-collection-bfa
youtube.com/watch?v=_LpVUi9TQ8U
youtube.com/watch?v=WgW-0twYkvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ucYv1zX13zU
youtube.com/watch?v=zBS3W8lD1EA
youtube.com/watch?v=2s_u9wAJhBs
youtu.be/ziUoUJhr8qw
youtube.com/watch?v=sWAE2X8Jq60
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Sims
youtube.com/watch?v=rRYM9KToyQ4&index=25&list=PL9F0282D05CB4870E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like sims 2 the best
youtube.com/watch?v=neeXmBkvPIQ

The fact it was the very first of its kind and when expansion packs were still expansion packs.

It looks as if it were hand crafted by a dollhouse artisan. The other games in the series are somewhat more generic or less inspired in terms of graphics and art direction.

I think mainly cus they took a more adult approach to it specially with those phone call pranks

Attached: 1541502858403.jpg (500x238, 15K)

The Sims > Sims 3 > Sims 2 >>>>>>>>>>>> dogshit >>>>>>>> Sims 4

You played it as a kid when you weren't do jaded

2D games will always look better than 3D.

>yfw you didn't buy the burglar alarm

Attached: 1387802181237.jpg (640x480, 29K)

>3 higher than 2
excuse me?

>Buy burglar alarm
>Place it outside my house
>Free money every night

Attached: 14805651[1].jpg (300x300, 21K)

This, fuck 2, aspirations were AIDS.

>Dude fuck two a girl in a hot tub every night or you have a mental breakdown lmao

fuck this game. i'm still traumatized the first time a burglar showed up and that horrifying music played. i couldnt play anymore unless i had my older brother watch me. sims 2 best sims though

youtube.com/watch?v=lqwXVOO0gl0
>he didn't flip their shit when they first played sims vacation
I've never been so fascinated by making the best resort I could
I can't get that same feeling from the other Sims games that take on that concept, I don't know how to describe it

Attached: The-Sims-Vacation-screenshot-the-sims-34329664-1024-768.jpg (1024x768, 174K)

because you're stuck in the past like so many other nostalgia faggots who play shitty fucking 'retro' games from their 'childhood'. MUH CLEAN SLEEK GRAFIXXX. Fuck off

I felt the same way about my sim learning magic for the first time.
Hell the strength of emotion I can still recall even getting that xpac for christmas as a kid and installing it the first time.

Attached: 1517302727104.png (960x960, 662K)

Attached: dancing_skeleton.gif (480x480, 543K)

>yfw your first fire

Attached: shock.gif (250x242, 11K)

Wish I could get this working on Win 10.
Maybe I should go back

kino. the keyboard/piano always made me imagine someone trotting around a store looking at all the neat things to buy

Because no Pixar skin

The overall art style was just very charming and appealed to literally everyone. Also helped that the music is some of the most sticky, nostalgic themes in video games.

>1920x1080
absolutely soulless. I respect your decision to make a Sims 1 thread but sadly your lack of taste drags it down too much.
800x600 or get the FUCK off my board user

Attached: sims.jpg (598x400, 34K)

youtube.com/watch?v=QUmfx6CVUxI

I felt like this with every new expansion that added a new travel destination. Downtown, Vacation Island, Sim Hollywood, Magic Town, the neighborhood expansion and Old Town that came with Pets. Every expansion added tons of new, fun content.

the furniture and appliance offering was more diverse and more significant than the later games
environment awareness while not necessarily logical made living with better accommodations a goal worth pursuing
most of your neighbors were white

>CLOWN

This game is so good, man. So many good memories. I never liked the sequels as much as the first, but everything from the sims 3 release onwards was uninspired cashgrab

Series peaked at 2. After that it got too lolsorandumb and was too blatant about trying to force more and more money out of you.

>sad clown
>Claire the bear
>racoon
>burglar
>that chemical formula table with the different potions
Those were the days

Back when I was a kid, I built a house with this layout in The Sims 2. This is a side view, blue lines are stairs, red lines are doors. Of course, the different floors of the towers had their own rooms, often just 1 or 2 though. Left ground floor had a door outside, but it just led to a terrace with no way out.

I spent a lot of time building and very little time playing.

Attached: house.png (1001x658, 20K)

The texture/color changer and total open world from 3 were pretty big additions, even though it turned the game into a completely unoptimized nightmare. 4 was the first true cash grab sequel that added pretty much nothing new.

>when your Sim tries fixing things while not having the expertise to do so

Attached: ?width=332&version=778973.jpg (332x500, 35K)

Sims 2 initial installation is garbage, the loading times and the time it takes to generate all the expansion content is disgraceful, Does anyone here have a fix for that?

I really loved the interconnectivity between upgrades. Things like magic spells for fame or requiring pet food, and probably more that I don't remember. Made it feel like one big game rather than a game with a bunch of extensions.

Better than me as a kid.
I just bought the hugeass mansion, demolished it and turned literally the entire lot into a single room and put every item in the game in there.
Even today I still cannot into aesthetics.

Attached: 1434557275343.png (377x451, 117K)

>Build elaborate houses that take hours to make
>Put Sims in there, play it for about 10 minutes and stop
The eternal cycle.
Also aesthetic double tower house, my dude.

Attached: 1548167050382.jpg (480x480, 20K)

>The texture/color changer and total open world from 3 were pretty big additions
True but the performance issues and potato faces bring it down for me. Its more than playable but it just doesn't give me the same feeling 2 does.

2 was better. 1 was pretty good, but it had some very sparse, but very glaring, issues.

not really, 3 was amazing, vanilla was great and with vanilla + world adventures it has more to do than current sims 4. 3's downfall was the potato coding, otherwise it'd have been the best sims by far simply cause of the seemless world

I didn't remember they used Comic Sans for the first one.

While 4 is literally just Sims 2 Mobile Edition but for PCs. We just can't win anymore.

They could've continued with the laura goth mystery. Instead we go back in time and then that shit on sims 4. Boring shit

The story progression for the whole neighborhood and open world were really good additions, but the game looked kind of ugly and they started exploiting players with simpoints, shitty online dlc and such. Sims 4 looks good, but that's all there is to it.

Maximum comfy for me was sims 2 apartment life or whatever it was called. Living in a shitty compact house and sharing the lot with other sims was a lot of fun

It felt more natural. I could never get into Sims 2's goofy artstyle

You'd love the debug rooms in Oblivion.

I liked 3 too but it started to go all in on the random wacky shit and brought it into the forefront when it used to be side stuff around a mostly grounded life sim.

Apartment Life was a good final expansion for 2. If there's one thing I really wanted from The Sims it was apartment living.

Does this work on 10? I really wanna replay the first one. Makin’ Magic had a great atmosphere.

>Make Jewish immigrant family
>Build them a tiny wooden shack
>Wooden chairs is all they have for entertainment
>Give them a couple of clown paintings to look at
>Give them a couple fireplaces to keep them warm
>Starve the shit out of them
>Remove the door
>Re-enact Auschwitz with a clown
Most comfy game

Attached: 1523846425412.gif (244x156, 616K)

By this point I think 4 looks the best, but 1 had a very nice style to it, my childhood friend who I spent hours and hours playing the sims with quit with 2 because he hated the shift to 3D and much prefered the pseudo-real style of the objects in the original, desu I can't say I blame him. Its the same reason no modern city builder will ever match simcity 4's style.

Attached: 10-19-18_5-52-02 PM.png (1920x1080, 2.08M)

I always started with the outer walls and rarely ever used furniture outset of furniture sets. It's actually a good start to find out what looks good and what doesn't.

I barely ever played at all, actually, just build.
My brother would actually play a lot though, he eventually moved one family into another fuckhuge mansion I built and then proclaimed its layout shit.
In his defense, the only way to access the basement was through a secret bookshelf door on the third floor. (fourth floor for Americans).

From what I heard/seen it's a fucking circus getting Sims 1 to work on Windows 10.

nigger that's pizzicato not piano/keys

Wait basements? I don't remember being able to do basements in 1.

the music

youtube.com/watch?v=Bs5QGN-zhwM

Attached: 1527089076698.jpg (960x960, 61K)

This was all in 2 my man. I said so in my first post. >2 floors should've tipped you off too.

I play on WIndows 10. Works fine, can even alt+tab. Just use dgvoodoo

This. I only remember that being a thing in 2, when foundations allowed you a solid transition from wall to ground at any elevation.

Wait nevermind the >2 floors thing, Sims 1 had more than 2, didn't it?

>Sims always have to work
>No time for anything
>No money to buy shit
>Always something in the red
>Feels like shit when something breaks

The Sims warned me about the wageslave life, I didn't listen.

Thanks, I’ll check that out

youtube.com/watch?v=Tyr78yK8Hj0

Attached: 1547047826009.gif (250x250, 189K)

Sims 5 when?

>sim has been at top of career for what seems like forever
>keeps getting additional promotions
>desperately want to switch to another career
>don't want to lose the nearly 10k per work day

The Sims get land for free and can build a house for less than $20,000.

>want another game people have to wait 2 years of expansions to release to make it as good as the previous game again

Fuck, this man. I ALWAYS caved and used money cheats. I haven’t played The Sims 1 in like sixteen years but I still remember rosebud;:;:;:;:;:

>What makes it stand out as so much more soulful?
will wright and jerry martin

Alternatively there's Sims 4 where you pick a career as an artist or a writer, sell paintings/books from your home to sustain yourself and have all the time in the world for anything else.

>sims 4
>grow orchids
>hire a gardener to take care of them while you just harvest/quicksell every day for a daily income of §20,000
>live the life of leisure

Here's another one of my Bullshit Floorplans, another sideview. This was an apartment complex, the outside supporting walls had holes in them, rendering the green area outside. There were two more apartments on the Z-axis.

I actually used this to live in, managed to squeeze a dude and a dog into one of these tiny apartments.

What were they thinking?
youtube.com/watch?v=4Il5aZhYy8E

God the Sims one soundtrack is distilled nostalgia

I miss Drew Carrey.

As kids, who didn't use that infinite money cheat.

Because Will Wright was inspired by good source material. youtube.com/watch?v=E-qnXNUSUMA

Attached: PatternLanguage.jpg (490x769, 41K)

Bullshit Floorplan.

Thanks, by the way.

Attached: house2.png (948x469, 11K)

>rosebud;:;:;:;:;:
Don't forget to make a mistake with the ;:;: so you can just hold down enter

>racoon
>not referring to him by his true title

Attached: 1546276270993.png (296x172, 31K)

>doesn't want sims 3 + everything sims 4 added + decent loading times
I was going to pirate it anyway

Can you hack Simpoints for Sims 3?

which Sims is best for building?
which is best for storytimes?

My houses always ended up being garbage 4 room squares, nothing like this shit. It's inspired to say the least.

Sims 4's build mode is actually the most robust of the franchise so far.

this is a Sims-Sims 2 thread, get out with that shit

Attached: let's swim!.jpg (957x714, 87K)

3 when modded for optimization

I actually did that once. Took me a while to figure out large to make each room, but I ended up with a house with 12 perfectly square rooms (2x2x3floors), looking like a (near) perfect cube from the outside.
Not having hallways or a central room is whack.

< means is less than, user. > means is greater than. Remember: the crocodile wants to eat the bigger number (or better thing)

daily reminder that Sims Online is still alive and there is a free open sores implementation:
freeso.org/

>type in “rosebud” with a ridiculous amount of following ;:;:
>leave stapler on enter key for 10 minutes
>money value gets so high that it ends up having a decimal point like 1.00838

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (479x478, 106K)

>Tried to build my apartment on Sims
>hard as shit, proportions all wonky
>resort to noclip furniture and get it somewhat correct
Fuck.

2 is by far the worst sims game, people who complain about how limited 4 is but then say 2 is good have no fucking idea what they're talking about.
4 has insanely good building, modded 3 is best for storytelling

I know that, I just goofed is all
I mean
3 when modded for optimization>2>3>4>1 for building
2>3 when modded for optimization>1>3>4 for storytimes

Attached: Screenshot_276.png (1920x1080, 1.59M)

>The Sims 2
>everyone was building treehouses because the game allowed for it

Anons, what do you think of my house? What do I put in the empty space?
also i'm not using cheats

Attached: 2019-02-22_12-14-44.webm (800x600, 2.16M)

I loved using move_objects on. Being able to put objects where you usually couldn't before.

One of the sims 1 expansions had a "staircase" that was a teleporter.
I built a floating house and felt like the absolute biggest dick kid in the world for it.

>make a guy that lives in a junkyard in Sims 1
>buy largest empty lot
>build him a small trailer
>fill lot with all types of random useless shit
>use move_object to stack up his dirty plates
>stack gets so high you just see a white pillar behind his house

Looks like the house of someone's well off grandparents.

This always hurt me.

Cozy little house, reminds me of m-
Yes that.
Just put some bookcases n sheit in the empty room, make it a study.

I present to you The Sims for grownups

Attached: images.jpg (224x225, 9K)

The music reeks of SOUL

youtube.com/watch?v=QU2rUU0z72Y&t=28s

Attached: gabe.jpg (299x386, 64K)

The graphics are sprite-like so it has that '90s isometric PC game charm.

Attached: gNpbDM4.jpg (1584x885, 429K)

I made a kids next door inspired double mansion with a single adult locked up in a cage with a fridge and the entrance blocked off so the military couldn't come steal the children.

>playing sims as a kid
>sims would randomly burst into tears during the day
>their moods look alright, can't figure it out
>grow up and understand

I remember builds like that one Sims 1 where you just delete the walls on the first floor to make the house float

Sims 1 is pure soul

Pretty sure you have to pay for the land in the sims, although it's cheap as fuck. You don't get empty lots for free.

The pixel art looks nice. That's literally it.

I wish i could buy some land in the suburbs and build a cozy home for less than 20k

Attached: 1414337085357.jpg (1360x768, 492K)

pixel graphics just work so well for this type of game

>All those mod items that were just "all needs max out"
>Be it a shower colored black with an atom symbol on it or a full body steamer so you could use it in Studio Town
The modding scene for The Sims 1 was so fucking good.

It doesn't reeks with Pixar 3D animation style, that's all.

Is that your house user? looks really cosy i dig it

>make Sim of yourself
>make Sim of girl you like

>rosebud
I always used klapicus. are they the same?

Does anyone actually build their way up enough to afford nicer and nicer houses as the game progresses? I always just cheat in a ton of money and build whatever house I want, then I play normally.

Nah i saw it ages ago, tried to recreate it, realized it is actually too small to be practical

Different versions of sims 1 used one or the other

>Sims for grownups
that's football manager

literally me

for the build mode soundtrack they literally just paid some australian pianist to improvise for an hour while they recorded.

Me. It gives a nice sense of progression and accomplishment for a grind that really isn't that bad. Once you have a few people in the household in high tier jobs and are regularly trading art, you can basically build/buy whatever you want.

I hope you're joking. Sims 4 is by far the worst. Empty soulless game which brings nothing new to the table.

The building mechanics are the most robust in the series, is what i was saying. And its still better than 2.

The sims 2 would be literally perfect if it had story progression

Damn that looks pretty cool. Do you mind me using those blue prints? I want to try to build that.

It has those extremely comfy late 90s / early 2000s graphics. We truly reached the best balance between gameplay and technology by the time quake 3 came out

I've never played the Sims 2. Why is it so well-liked? Is it as limiting as people are saying in this thread? I've only played Sims 1 and 3.

>4's building engine
>3's open world
>2's customization
>1's soundtrack
perfection.

Sims 2 has nice timeless style, runs well and building is nice

Where the fuck do I buy this game today for a modern pc

I tried to get it a month or so ago, the only way I could find to get it was buy pirating. Not on sale on Origin or even GOG.

Also Multitasking. Nice try with Emotions, still change too quick to much. Sims 4 got way too easy.

Pirate bay

The buy mode music makes me really sad. It sounds like what life was supposed to be.

>multitasking
i forgot how painful the earlier games can be without this, finally sending sims to bars and shit doesn't involve horrible micromanagement to get your sim to finish a fucking drink

The buy mode music was always suppose to sound like utopian shopping muzak.

Sims 2 comes pretty close

Attached: Double Freetime Rough And Comfy Bed.jpg (1256x970, 236K)

where would your computer go?

Why did you post a virtual coloring book?

Sims 2 aesthetics were pretty good.

This was pretty good

Attached: 1A2F69E8-02A8-4CE2-8631-959997F04A20.jpg (312x445, 37K)

Better lewd mods

It's abandonware now. There is no buying it.
myabandonware.com/game/the-sims-bf5
myabandonware.com/game/the-sims-deluxe-edition-bfb
myabandonware.com/game/the-sims-complete-collection-bfa

It’s like 1950s vaporwave

you have a cellphone in 3, you don't really need it

The pre-rendered objects dog, they're what made it so beautiful.
Pre-rendered iso is the greatest art style there is and I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

didn't even have stairs, user

The Sims console games were low key pretty good. Bustin' Out was the best one IMO, though a lot of people like The Urbz too which I never played.

>new game bad
>old game good

nigger, the sims 1 laid the fundation for money grabbin jew schemes and was literally one of the first games to rip people off on a large scale, fuck off with your expansion pack excuses, it was fucking cut content

Bustin out on GBA had a comfy farm level

But that's fucking wrong you retard.

three strong points.

It really is.
It also feels like the one last breath from 90's/2000's culture
>All those qt goth/vampire gfs you could pick up whenever you went to a club or pretty much any lot ever

Though I feel Sims 3 did a better job at displaying people better, because pretty much everyone in Sims 2 is fuckable, while Sims 3 displays humanity as the genetic monstrosities we really are, and qt girls are harder to find.

Attached: sims 2 aesthetic.jpg (700x438, 252K)

>how to spot a zoomer
I’m sorry you were too young to experience when expansion packs were good and worth the money.

Does it run well on modern systems?

It’s weird how it makes me so nostalgic, even if I never heard music like it in a store. There’s something so utopian and perfect about it, like you’re looking at a perfect time preserved in amber

>someone doesn't share my opinion
>must be a zoomer
Nigger I'm 28. The fact something is old doesn't mean it wasn't scummy practice back then, take of your nostalgia goggles and learn to think critical. You'd think someone shitting on zoomers would be able to do this by now, guess not.

Was Multitasking so hard to program? I do miss university. Vacations are a joke, jobs are neat, bring snow layers back.

Sims 4 has done quiet a lot of improvement while simultaniously removing or breaking so much of the good established stuff.

For Sims 1 you gotta fuck with it a little to make it work. Download a couple patches and shit. Just check PCGamingWiki's page on it.

Will my PC get gangfucked by Russian cryptominers if I download this?

Nice argument

youtube.com/watch?v=_LpVUi9TQ8U
Its >polygon but its a neat little video about the music

It's the perfect soundtrack to buying useless shit to make your life feel like it has purpose. Like any good muzak.

>Entire language is gibberish
>Still make good sounding songs in it.
youtube.com/watch?v=WgW-0twYkvQ
soul

Attached: 1536760789708.png (408x240, 3K)

>Posting covers
Don't ever post in a Sims thread again.

boomer here, the expansion packs for the most part were insanely overpriced, $40 stuff packs essentially. of all the packs, only Hot Date, Makin' Magic and Superstar really added anything beyond a few extra lots to build on or a few objects to look at. I sure as shit didn't buy any of them at the time.

They gave out the sims 2 complete collection for free on origin. Too bad they didn't do the same for the sims 1

Guys, what mods do I NEED for the sims 3 so this shit doesn't take 30 years to load?

I always liked the simlish versions of real songs they put in Sim 2
youtube.com/watch?v=ucYv1zX13zU

Downloads from MyAbandonware are pretty much clean. I've never had issues.

impossible, Sims 3 just sucks in that way

>hire a pop group to record their hit single in simlish
based
youtube.com/watch?v=zBS3W8lD1EA

Hey, I've downloaded sims 2 on my laptop, but the terrain graphics look like complete ass. I found a post from 2012 on how to fix it. But it says it will fuck up intel gpus. Should I still do it?

I only played sims 4 up until they released the expansion pack after get to work but they had a real problem. The sims were so retarded they took forever to complete a task because they kept "multitasking" and getting lost in thoughts.

>cut content
>Sims 1 released February 2000
>expansion packs released every 6~ months until October 2003
>most of it is totally off the wall shit that never would have made sense shipping with the base game
What the fuck does the word 'cut content' even mean to you?

Attached: 1373116221389.png (381x351, 10K)

...yes, and?

Sims 2 had everything the first game had, but put in a 3D environment. I miss the aesthetic of classic Sims games; 3 had the most content but was broken to shit with a bad art style and 4 has all style but no substance.

I never played Sims 1 on pc when I was a kid, only played this and Bustin' Out. Does anyone know how this was in comparison to the pc version? Game was fun as fuck, especially with the local co op

Attached: 66887-The_Sims_USA_NGC-HOLYCUBE-1.jpg (1024x680, 201K)

Oh, go ahead!
If it's of any use to you, from what I remember, bedrooms (with a bathroom each) were on both of the top two floors, right GF was an entry, right 1F was a... I forgot, right 2F was a game room (pool, darts, that sort of shit), left GF was a dining/living room with kitchen, left 1F was... I forgot that too, left 2F was a study I think.

fucking lol'd when i heard this ingame for the first time
youtube.com/watch?v=2s_u9wAJhBs

I had a problem with sims getting stuck doing tasks when i was playing it on a toaster from 2009, but on my pc it doesn't have that issue. They fucking love to get distracted though, having a pet is the fucking worst since they'll always pick it up while eating then leave their food to rot in their inventory while complaining of hunger.

I could get it to run but not very smoothly though your mileage may vary. With old games, it can vary significantly from system to system.

Not always, but the sims 4 is a really empty boring game. I really gave it a chance, but I can't say I have anything good to say about it besides the graphics being pretty and the good optimization

Sims 4 building is hampered by it's tiny-ass neighborhoods. Your bungalow or ranch or whatever will always clash with the New Orleans rowhouses

hey guys, what's goin on in this thread :)

Attached: 08-23-17_10-50-10-PM.png (1920x1080, 1.76M)

They were kinda the same game but not really. Pretty much completely different sets of objects and had story modes. Much less sandboxy.

you couldn't have basements/upstairs on console Sims 1, I know that much, nor did it have a lot of the expansion content, e.g. vacations

Wtf why didn't sims 1 ship with magic and celebrities?

How insightful, user.

Isometric 2d graphics are the pinnacle of video game aesthetics, no one can prove me wrong

Attached: tenor.gif (444x250, 3.03M)

jesus christ

Attached: 1530847673223.jpg (1910x1128, 475K)

The Sims unironically has the deepest lore.

never played sims 4, but these are low settings, right?

Bustin' Out was the first Sims game to have personal vehicles which was fucking huge.

giving the nooby family that fancy smancy coffe maker as my introduction gift was a costly mistake.
Never again did I pamper paupers.
only those with the skills to pay the bills get the luxury they deserve.

OH CHRIST, I REMEMBER THAT THREAD

I WILL NEVER FORGET THE SACRIFICES ONE MAN MADE TO SAVE US ALL

Attached: 1419987226318.jpg (768x798, 78K)

From what I remember, the games basically go backwards in time with every release, with The Sims 1 being the end of the timeline. Mostly because the Goths were in every game at younger ages.

The console versions were pretty much the same formula of make sims > get paid > buy cool shit to make money easier, the main cutbacks were no stairs and no roofs, and none of the expansions of the Sims PC. However the console games were fully 3D, which was hot shit before the sims 2 dropped. Also had a story/progression which TS1 didn't

I miss the 2000s so much.
youtu.be/ziUoUJhr8qw
this song is so comfy it makes me sad

Reminder that this item is literally dlc and people paid for it

iirc, timeline is 4->3->1->2, Bella Goth is missing in 2.

no, that is actually how the game looks

They made a ballpit that's just a stretched .jpg

never forget

Attached: 1548348343405.jpg (768x1024, 196K)

BECAUSE THE MUSIC IS SO FUCKING GOOD
DL THE FUCKING SOUNDTRACK!

Here’s a ranking for ya buddy
2>4>1>3

no, sims 2 is last. bella has been missing for years and mortimer is an elder fucking a gold digger

There is no sims timeline, they're just a mascot family

GET IN THE PIT

Well crafted graphics of any sort are the pinnacle of video game aesthetics.
Isometric has had its fair share of shit games, though I'll concede that isometric is always taken at the most aesthetic angle by definition, while a 3D model has to have insane effort put into it to look great from any possible perspective the game may show it from.

I used to get roaches in my lots but as far as I remember shit was kept clean.

Did this happen to others?

What do you mean?

In terms of content it is. The Sims 3 just lacks good execution. If everything worked as it should it would be perfect.

Producing shit in TS4 is OP as fuck. Painting, Gardening(Farming), Writing, whatever. If it creates an object, your pissants will get good at it and start making bank in short order.

Attached: DeathByChristmas.png (1920x1080, 2.86M)

The time-line is actually 3 - 1 - 2. I literally don't remember sims 4, so I can't say

Game mag kino

>4>1
lmao
2>3>1>4

But that's realistic.

I totally agree with this one

They caught the burglar and got the reward

SHIT, I think I'm gonna play sims 2 again

>The Sims 4
>4 years later
>still no University, Tropical Vacations with Beaches, no Supernatural besides Vampire
>about half the content of other games by the time they were already over
literally WHAT THE FUCK
BUT HEY HAVE THIS FUCKING STRANGER THINGS CLONE GP BECAUSE EVERYONE SURE ASKED FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'1111

Attached: sims 4 bg mt.jpg (1537x1081, 744K)

>use move_objects on
>move shower/bed when Bella is using them
>fantasize to her barbie doll anatomy

Gimmie back my innocence.

Attached: Bored Bart.jpg (1440x1080, 115K)

now that's a review

>be kid
>super excited for sims 3
>game gets leaked online before release
>download it
>runs like shit
>ask dad to buy game in store thinking it'll run better
>still runs like shit
Those were the days bros

>Essentially a basegame neighbourhood from 2 as DLC

Ahh yes, the one thing I always wanted from The Sims 4. A neighborhood from The Sims 2.

I was about to say is that the big empty, then I saw the filename

1 is honestly completely contentless. It's a building sim basically. With that said, it's actually playable unlike the steaming fucking turd of a game that 3 is. 4 has the best graphics, best building, best create-a-sim and decent amount of content. Only thing that's holding it back from being the best sims is the fact that the actual premade sims and stories itself are shit compared to 2.

>after latest expansion
>it runs ever worse
>if you have certain packs like Pets or Island Paradise the game is pretty much done for
>sims all look like potato monstrosities by default

>and decent amount of content
nope. Your other points are subjective, so I won't bother, but it has shit all content even coming onto half a decade later

Jesus Island Paradise literally kills the game if you play on one of its neighborhoods.

>delete the mailbox
>never have to worry about bills again
Also if you selected your sim and deleted them, they would reappear somewhere in the house with all their needs maxed out. It was a good way to powerlevel those skills.

Attached: Hackerman.jpg (960x540, 119K)

I had no idea people here defended sims 4 lol it's not even worth pirating

>Community votes to add "Eco" shit to the game instead of dangerous stuff or literally anything else
hahaha why

Attached: why.png (506x390, 224K)

The music during build and buy mode.

I used to play a lot of horror games when I was a kid, but the one game that made me run away screaming for help was The Sims 1. That fucking burglar music, man. The spookiest experience in gaming I've ever had.

Attached: 1357576352904.gif (350x312, 2.71M)

The Sims General on /vg/ is literally just Sims 4 posting.

It's a 10/10 porn game though

That's because they are just a bunch of waifu faggots.

Because you know exactly what kinds of people are still buying Sims 4 "expansions" and stuff packs.

sims 3 with all expansions and stuff packs costs a bajillion

The comic sans, the pink flamingos, the silly humor. Imperfections wrapped around a high quality product.

AKA SOUL

1 was genuinely amusing, had an amazing soundtrack, the simlish was absolutely memorable, full of iconic and fun moments. Of course the game play doesn't hold up to this day, but saying 1 was contentless while defending 4 is pretty odd

>I'm gonna make the Simpsons house!
>I'm gonna make my house!
>I'm gonna make *show* house!

That's true. And because of them we'll probably never get a good sims game again. They'll eat up anything ea gives them.

Well, I enjoy the overall style and making handsome or qt sims has never been easier, the varied body shapes are great so you can have either an obese landwhale or an actually non dyel muscle chad.
However, the lack of content is humiliating at the 4 years mark
NEVERTHELESS THE PACKS THEMSELVES HAVE FAR LESS CONTENT THAN SIMS 3
literally mfw sims 4 content

Attached: baby.gif (500x297, 498K)

> It's a building sim basically
It actually literally is. The Sims was originally designed as a house planning program. The simulated people were added afterwards to give the game "life" and more market appeal, but the core was always a house designer focus.

>but it has shit all content even coming onto half a decade later
What the fuck is this meme? Only game that has more content than Sims 4 at this point is Sims 3 and it runs like complete fucking dogshit.

Attached: 1519564582325.jpg (150x151, 5K)

I really love the sims 2, but the sims 1 humor was the absolute best

>the varied body shapes are great so you can have either an obese landwhale or an actually non dyel muscle chad.
I've always thought that the body shapes always look stupidly out of proportion in 4. Especially the muscle chad ones.

>community request Witches years ago
>2 years after Vampires
>still nothing
>latest pack is literally a kick in the gut
And Witches actually even appeal to the braindead female teens and bored housewives the sims audience now is

guess the not the people who wanted marriage stuff either

thanks for laundry I guess, we sure dodged a sexist bullet there, huh?

>create max chars
>put them inside a 2x2 room
>go 8x time fast
>they slowly start to die 1 by 1
>only 1 sim alive remains
>pause the clock
>spend hours building a mansion
>buy the most expensive items
>'you win the game bro now you are free'
>he starts to look around the mansion
>suddenly he starts to crawl
>he fells on the floor crying
>he is dead
>mfw

Innovative game, good art direction, good graphics, no visual clutter, amazing music, good humor, a tad of dark humor (burglar music, that family where everyone died and ghosts would roam the house at night, etc).

I don't exactly know what happened, but everything after Sims 2 just doesn't hit the spot correctly.

I had high hopes for the sims 4. I bought it on release and thought once they implemented the expansion packs it would become the best sims game, but they really fucked up. I love how the sims and the whole game looks and the building mode, but there's just not enough content to keep me invested in the game. It's a shame.

They should just do the Makin' Magic clone expansion already IMO.

>tfw pretty much every object description in the shop was somehow funny

Finally a good sims thread.
Sims 1 is timeless, the amount of soul it has has not been surpassed yet by any other sims game

Objective:
The Sims > The Sims 2 >> The Sims 3 >>>> "The Sims 4"

The other games mostly dropped the dark humor. It seems the games became a tad more childish with each new installment

They're all equally soulless aesthetic wise.
4 is by far the most soulless overall in every regard.

Sims 4 is for sex simulation

Every other Sims game is for life simulation outside sex and comfy house/neighborhood building. Sims 4 shouldn't even count as a Sims game and should be treated as a porn game that shares similar mechanics to The Sims.

Attached: 1400446039557.gif (400x259, 1.4M)

Not really, they only look out of proportion if you use mods to expand the sliders.
If anything the problem with the muscle shape in 4 is that it's unironically not bulgy enough and looks as if "painted" on lacking depth, pecs for example are deflated instead of pushing out
When wearing clothing it's especially noticeable
For fatties it's not much of an issue since the clothing is just supposed to cover them

>buying the sims
ishiggydiggy

pretty cool but using the expression "for want of a better word" twice in such quick succession is shameful

It's shit even as a porn game. 3 trounces it in every regard.

REMEMBER WHEN SIMS 4 RELEASED WITHOUT POOLS

Attached: eyes.png (909x907, 1.15M)

>I'm going to make a retarded gimmick house where it's on stilts or one adult living with 7 children!

Is there any reason not to just download the complete collection?

Because it's the first one you played and you have nostalgia glasses.

Attached: Zims 4.jpg (1920x1080, 629K)

youtube.com/watch?v=sWAE2X8Jq60

Attached: 1549022911263.gif (300x169, 2.66M)

Perfection

Attached: notellmotel_zpshjinhxah.png (780x329, 148K)

>make a family with 8 characters
>build swimming pool
>drown them all
>Make another family of 8 characters
>move them onto the empty plot
>drown them all
>repeat several more times
>Move one man into the graveyard
>He can't get anything done because ghosts are constantly bothering him

>Make a house with one adult and one child
>Kill the adult

Not if you want every expansion.

>800x600
Patrician

Attached: 1549927075115.png (553x827, 481K)

>Tfw no one's mentioned these yet

Attached: simistermessages.jpg (408x627, 30K)

This right here based based based based BASED!

Who would win in a fight, people who play a game with less content for nostalgia or people who play a game with less content to jack off.

Choose carefully. Your answer here is important.

Read the thread faggot

And people wonder why gaming is shit nowadays.

>buying sims
are you
1. a female teenager
2. a bored housewife
Sims 3 literally costs more than 50000 dollars to get all content still up to this day

SOULESS!

Sims 4 internet defence force please go

You want the vanilla or deluxe editions instead? If you have trouble getting it to run they might work better.

The Sims 1 is pure soul

Attached: descripcute5_zpszhuxkvqs.png (543x269, 29K)

Go back to your containment.

People who buy nasa supercomputers and server farms especifically for the sole purpose of running Sims 3 with seconds load times and no stuttering, while also modding the hell out of their faces so you don't get swarmed with abominations from the beyond.
And mod the soundtrack with Sims 1 tunes.

>they used Comic Sans
This unironically added so much soul to sims 1

Attached: file.png (235x91, 23K)

Does 3 have a first person mode?

Attached: 37.png (2560x1440, 2.79M)

are you me?

As a fat fetishist, I was disappointment that the unmodded weight gain was at max "American chubby".

Hopefully the Sims 5 recognizes the American obesity epidemic and allows characters that are properly fat.

Is there a way to play Sims 1 with all its content on modern OSes yet? With how dedicated the fanbase is I'm surprised it was ever an issue.

>As a fat fetishist, I was disappointment
accurate

I don't buy sims games, I'm just baffled at how much they charge for this shit

I'd just watch porn or get laid if I wanted to blow a load; if I'm playing video games, I want to play video games, not fap

Great art direction.

>get X job
>just as you get at X position your character dies

This happened to me with 3 characters in a row and I uninstalled

>tfw throw a party
>party guests enter my bathroom and shoo me off my own toilet
>guests are putting plates on the floor
>someone has set themselves on fire at the barbecue and burned to death
>get depressed and go play the sims instead

Read the thread.

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Sims

I've been playing Sims 1 CC on a Windows 10 machine just fine. It doesn't like being Alt-tabbed, but I'd guess there's a patch for that which I haven't bothered looking around for yet.

>mfw Bustin' Out wouldn't let you marry any of the story characters because they couldn't figure out how to make you not marry your mom

Attached: Sakuya.jpg (200x200, 10K)

You can simulate it easily enough. What it does have is actual story progression, an open world, proper autonomy, and a sex mod that doesn't just boil down to asking a stranger a risque question and immediately fucking right after.

I remember working hard to get that big mansion up in the neighborhood, finally moving there and realizing I don't know how to decorate such a big place and decide to go back to a smaller cozy home

Burglar alarm goes off as soon as someone enters the room it's in. Problem is that if you have multiple entrances he may not set it off, and even if he does he may be able to steal something before the police arrive. If you put the alarm on an outside wall, it will activate as soon as the burglar appears, because the alarm considers the whole outdoor property as it's "room."

>that vibrating love bed

Just like real life

sims 2 > sims 1 > the other games
Just because the Sims 1 doesn't let children age for whatever stupid reason.

My experience with the Sims 3:
>spend all day modding all the porn mods in using a guide on eightchan
>finally get the shit installed after a few days of downloading the gigantic torrents and expansion packs
>game runs like shit even though I have a gtx 1080 and an overkill CPU meant for managing servers
>30 frames if I'm lucky with the norm being 15fps and at times going below 1fps
>the porn mods make up for this though
>go to play the next day and I find out that EA's DRM actually worked and locked my game
>uninstall everything since that dogshit was not worth the trouble of installing it
>mod Skyrim instead and cum buckets

>tfw never paid EA a SINGLE CENT for Sims
the only thing that I paid for was the rental fees for the pirated copies

>30 frames if I'm lucky with the norm being 15fps and at times going below 1fps
That is not normal. I have a 1060 and probably a worse CPU and the game will run around 120fps at 2560x1080 with all settings at max. I have a shitload of mods too.

man I've never played The Sims 3 but can't you make your damn minds over whether TS3 runs or not
Does TS3 "run like shit" in the same way GTA4 "runs like shit"? By which I mean it's perfectly playable but performancefags can't get 300fps on their faggotron 9000 gaming rigs
or does it ACTUALLY run like shit like SR2

I remember when 3 just came out and it got shared here on rapidshit so everyone and their mother was cranking out stupid sims with great stories, Chinman, the painter in the walls etc.
The release of the torrent and my birthday coincided and I happened to get a Lovecraft story bundle for it so I read that and played the game beside it.
And the darnedest thing was that the game was perfect for some lovecraftian gameplay.
I had this weirdo writer character that wrote books about the ancient ones.
I looked out into the heavens through my telescopes and became the discoverer of the evil star Algol and the dark distant world of Yuggoth
and during the dark nights I descended into the vaults and catacombs of the local graveyard to find horrible unnameable things.
shit was fun though the base game felt a bit barren

Attached: craftyboi.png (512x628, 336K)

Shit, I remember actually managing the family album and writing descriptions for each picture. I could never do this today without cringing. I miss my child self.

I downloaded the sims 2 pets expansion pack from rapidshare split into 56 parts on my dial-up connection

Five star post, user.

so scary mate *YAAAAAAAAAWN

I installed all the mods. Big mistake. Just get the core game and 2-3 of your favorite mods, the game wasn't meant to run with all the mods at once.

I mean it runs like utter dogshit with all the mods installed. The game doesn't fully utilize modern GPUs and there are unpatched memory leaks abound. It's not a matter of if the game will crash, but when.

This is what my Sims houses usually looked like. 1 floor, no toilet in the living room, tiny commie bedroom just big enough for a single bed + counter with alarm clock. I figured out early on that rectangles looked better than squares.

Attached: sims house.png (596x452, 9K)

haha

Check the PC Gaming Wiki, you should be able to download a fix for your GPU. There's a mod that fixes shadows also, if that's an issue.

Attached: sims balls.png (704x184, 17K)

I always start my houses like that, then I bolt more shit on when I need it.
As a result my houses are a complete clusterfuck of boxes with moronic design choices like having to go through the kitchen to reach the upstairs bedrooms, but I don't give a fuck.

Why the fuck Lovecraft always looking like he doesn't want you to know he has something in his mouth

Wasn't the site being sponsored by EA at some point? I remember there was a ban on sharing links to the game and some dude posted a 50+ part download out of spire

This thread has convinced me to reinstall the sims 2

Sims 2 is overall the best, it brought stuff that still hasn't been brought back like the romantic chemistry system, the memory system that didn't suck, conversational interests, and Fears
sims 4 looks the best
sims 1 had the best art direction
sims 2 was the best for its time
sims 3 was the best for customisation
sims medieval had fatal flaws which should be in the main series to actually make sims interesting

Attached: TSG-2018-11-29.jpg (899x1100, 551K)

Shit desu.
Very economical, but shit.

It is very poorly optimized, especially with mods and expansions, but is still very playable. The biggest problem is the game is hardlocked at 30fps regardless of how high it actually says it is, and there can be occasional stutter depending on the size of the town and/or sim population. The load times are also complete ass without an SSD, and even then they're still pretty bad if you have a lot of mods and expansions.
Nraas is an absolute must for keeping the game running fairly smoothly.
I can manage 40-50 sims on a lot in large towns before I start to suffer from an annoying stuttering. Towns do make a big difference though. Some will run much worse than others or may be prone to crashing.

>comic sans

Attached: 1511636950091.jpg (400x216, 28K)

Why don't you build the big house before moving your sims in, that way you can have a large consistent house that's easy for sims to navigate? Just build it on a separate lot and then only move in when your sims have made enough money from the first house.

The Sims Medieval was an interesting experiment that had no real idea what it wanted to actually be aside from The Sims but in medieval times.

>not having the kitchen as part of the everything room

I still want a fucking main series entry to have Get A Life mode

that shit was fun as fuck

I don't have enough imagination to make big and nice looking houses. Plus I actually like the monstrosities I spawn through "natural progression", as when I try to build a big house from the ground up it always ends up feeling like a McMansion.

>Tfw my sim died because it got bit by the hamster

could be but it's been almost a decade so it's all a bit fuzzy at this point.

You say Nraas, but there's so many different parts to download. Which ones are actually needed?

>dollhouse artisan

lmao, besides the fact that TS1 objects are in TS2 and can be recreated in TS3 your view doesn't hold any water. Also the TS1 NPC models are the most generic of any entry in the series, including TS4.

Sims 3 would be the best if it didnt run like shit sadly

you don't need creativity user you just have to remake something from a videogame or a tv show you like

okay thanks user, i want to get to the sims 3 at some point but i want to leave the "best" sims for last, working my way through the simpler/older ones first like the ps2 games and doing absolutely everything possible in TS1 expansions

I remember it more being afraid of EA suing them.

Please tell me someone has an archive link

Yes, all the sims games have the same artstyle

>you don't need creativity user you just have to remake something from a videogame or a tv show you like
Actually I once remade the entire Cluedo (that's Clue for you burgers) house based on the layout on the board. That was pretty dope.

I love the Katy Perry dlc!!

Overwatch, MasterController and StoryProgression are musts in my opinion, but Overwatch specifically is what cleans up the game and corrects errors as you play.

Can I mod Sims 1 to play like a modern Sims game in terms of QoL?

Unironic fpbp

I recall copyright takedowns were pretty serious business back then. It was right at that point of intersection where Yea Forums was getting really visible but also was in its last days of being considered 'the final boss of the internet'. Naturally that meant Moot was going hard on keeping a lid on shit so the feds or suits wouldn't bust his chops yet again.
It's always been against the rules to post pirate links on Yea Forums, but 'Fuck EA' has always been a pretty powerful sentiment so links were up day one, despite modposting demanding it cease.

I love her grimacing face on the cover and the crap objects that make everything look like a California Girls music video. It's just so fucking hawt.

Sims 2 isn't 90s, it decidedly 2000s. This is especially obvious if you compare it to the Sims 1 which is 90s, or the later TS2 expansion packs which "update" it into the 2010s. It's probably the best example of 2000s culture if there was one, especially considering the conspiracy theorist occupation's description. TS3 is more optimistic in this regard, compare the "Mayor' title in TS1/TS2 to "Leader Of The Free World" in TS3.

>no Ereaserhead mod for any of the sims games.
it's the ironman mode the series deserves.

>What makes it stand out as so much more soulful?
Nostalgia goggles

the only thing sims 1 has over the later games is the soundtrack

And humor

where did the sims go wrong? was it focusing too much on le WHACKY CRAZY sims that was never even really the point?

Sims 2 had Open for Business which was fucking great

Because EA probably rigged the polls because making "eco" shit is easy since they're usually just plants or cosmetic objects and not interactable things.

It's sad because introducing climate change into The Sims would be kinda interesting, say storms that can fuck up your house if you don't sacrifice enough goats every day. There's a massive wormhole here, kind of like how TS2's magic and freetime expansions worked, that could have been done well and been lots of fun.

Sims 1 expansion packs were the worst example you could give. They are barely above DLCs and way too expensive and numerous.

I remember getting The sims 2 Ultimate collection from EA a few years back, they were giving it out for free for some reason but never touched it but this thread is making me interested in sims again, with that said are there any mods to fix the performance or make the game run better? I know that sims game often dont support latest hardware and such

Attached: $_57.png (1600x1600, 3.48M)

>where did the sims go wrong?
Pandering to women and wanting to be a mobile game.

The guys working on the Sims Online clone are working on it, but not yet.

TL;DR: Executive meddling.

Sims 2 Seasons was the kino expansion pack. Literally the best.

>open sores

Attached: disappointed_gif_44556.gif (300x300, 626K)

Because you have the nostalgia google with the lens as thick as a coke bottle. You probably only played the game for an hour the. burned the house down

Everyone know the series peaked with Sims 2

And actually WORK for those shekels they were going to get anyway?

>Most of the original devs leaving, especially Will Wright
>Maxis getting gutted into The Sims Studio
>EA getting them to make it as penny and dime as possible
>Making it appeal strictly to young women instead of everyone like Sims 1/2.

iirc sims 2 runs fine, it's 3 that has those issues.
I never got the full collection myself, since I (read: my mum) was getting it piece by piece, and after getting all the actual expansions, we quickly discovered the stuff packs were exactly what it said on the cover.
She still bought the ikea stuff pack that kooky bitch

I really liked Bustin' Out. I consider it the best game after the original, but it was very much a different kind of game the way it had a single player story mode with goals.

I made sure every house had a radio for that fucking awesome soundtrack though.
youtube.com/watch?v=rRYM9KToyQ4&index=25&list=PL9F0282D05CB4870E

the thing with the original is I can practically F E E L the textures of everything in that modest home.
The tiles of the countertop, the linoleum table the grooves in the bathroom sink.
probably cause I played it as a child and all childhood memories are far more tactile than the brain in a jar experience you have as an adult

Attached: download.jpg (665x444, 36K)

How many people know that the neighborhood creator in TS2 is literally Simcity 4? You can import small cities with roads into TS2 as neighborhoods.

The only one that strictly appeals to women is 4

>cuddling on the couch in front of the fireplace while it's snowing like hell outside

Yeah I knew that. Was pretty cool crossplay between the two games.

The moment The Sims 3 got a Katy Perry themed expansion pack it was lost.

Heres my comfy lodge in the mountains

Attached: file.png (1790x937, 1.62M)

Luckily it's contained to just one shitty pack. As an added bonus, forgoing it helps the game load faster.

Interior

Attached: file.png (1780x947, 1.56M)

>soulful
Okay I am going to attempt a definition of this meme buzzword when used in this context

Soul = you can tell easily it was made by human hands; rough, yet accomplished, you can appreciate the craft that went into it and relate to its creator as a fellow human being. It reaffirms the absurdity of being alive and makes you appreciate the silly pastimes we do to stave off the ennui and horror that is simply existing within this sphere of constant pain and terror. "Soul" is that which embodies and binds the emotions that run through an extant object created by sentient hands.

>that high lack of brown and black characters on the covers
what did they mean by this

Attached: sims 4 pocs.jpg (2160x3048, 2.78M)

What if I told you.... that you can optimize your Sims 3 and all of your expansions?

Attached: 7.jpg (1280x1808, 400K)

based blindbro

Wtf is that weed?

>Pandering to women

Headass. Women have been the sims main core audience since the first game

By using Nraas mods and installing it to an SSD?

As somebody with zero nostalgic attachment to this series this doesn't look great honestly

My bad. Pander exclusively to women.

You're forced meme is cancer and you should feel bad for forcing it.

>You're

Attached: 1548953394326.png (488x469, 19K)

Not enough weird shit. The most fun in The Sims was the lax attitude it took towards magic, aliens, and all the more esoteric things around the edges since it let the player fuck around with NPCs in so many different ways. This is what's missing from TS4.

Sorry zoomer, this was long before your time

Well, duh. Now do the same thing for comfy

>This is what's missing from TS4
Among a shitload of other things.

Because OP's screenshot is pretty bad. Here is The Sims 1

Attached: 20_1.jpg (800x600, 109K)

Can I mix the original base TS4 game with pirated expansions?

nice comfy homes, idiot
Post outlandish gimmicky mansions

The new kisses they added with hot date were so good

Because "KISS".

an ~Optional~ pack that the entire sims base hated Ruined the game?

The only feminized thing i can think of in sims was the twilight vampires, im glad they kicked that shit out in 4

I miss the days when you could buy a regular looking or comfy house. Most furniture in TS4 is super modern designer stuff. Even if you're piss poor you live in a luxurious house.

Where can I find good mods for Sims 1 anyway

Something's been troubling me for years. The first time I played this game Beth Newbie didn't show up at all and I even married the guy with a Sim of mine. Was she introduced in a later expansion?

Still doesn't look good. Especially that hideous UI

I like how in the current house market, even an apartment as small as this would cost you at least 650 USD to rent.

>insects keep spawning
>can't find the source of the problem
>stray cats and dogs keep meeting at night outside my house and piss all over it
>the constant micromanagement of newspapers

Attached: 1544890152347.jpg (368x427, 85K)

Comfy is the term given to an object which one typically associates with past good memories, a time when things were non-standardly upbeat; it is a term and emotion in duality, it is the nonchalant and fond smile which we associate with times well spent, in a temporal place we physically cannot return to nor would we choose return to as our maturing statures dictate.

In many ways "comfy" is similar to "nostalgia," but a contemporaneous object can be "comfy" whereas "nostalgia / nostalgic" is explicitly confined to the past. Comfy occupies the dichotomy of past and preset, it is a bridge between spaces which occupies the fondest and most cherished emotion of our palettes.

Comfy is seeing the smile of a girl you used to love replicated upon the face of another. It is the sunbeam in your favourite childhood window. The tree you used to read under. The park you remember visiting. It is a recollection of past graces made manifest by way of déjà vu within the present moment.

Attached: 1525843063196.gif (420x314, 1.53M)

>just one

Attached: oh no.jpg (633x445, 171K)

kys

All the famous Sims 1 mod sites are dead

how do we bring them back? ;_;

Sorry that your shitty western game has a bad artstyle user, but that's kind of just the norm

Kys tasteless zombie zoomer faggot

t. zoomer

Not a zoomer, I just wasn't playing shitty games for bored mothers back then like you were

She was already involved with sims 2. She recorded hot n cold in simlish

>Not a zoomer
you're not fooling anyone, zoomer

Attached: 1547978846843.jpg (453x470, 16K)

My first game is Sims 1 but I still like to play Sims 3 because I like to travel around instead of sitting in one box.
But damn the FPS just so bad.

>cherrypicking the katy perry collector's edition
Showtime was a proper expansion. Probably not worth getting, but not unbridled cancer either.

Imagine missing out on this game as a child/teen. I feel bad for those people. They'll never have the fun and fond memories we have

fuck off lgr

Is there any way to optimize sims 3 with mods?

I remember how on most people's games not even 6 sims were there to watch the concerts

Most of the sims 1 sites have 404d long ago

These sites might still be alive though

7 deadly sims
around the sims
parsimonious
saving the sims (yahoo group)

Is this more towards your taste?

Attached: MV5BNWIzZDA4MmMtYzI1Yy00Mzg5LTk3OGEtY2ZiOTQxNzdmNjg1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY5NTM5MjA@._V1_.jpg (1600x900, 301K)

Nraas Overwatch
Merging mods helps as well, though that's more involved

again -optional-

is your sim a cop...?

Thanks thread, installing sims 2 now.

Build outlandish gimmick mansions and post them here.

i cant even go back to playing sims 1 again without the tons of download content i amassed years ago that was lost in time/sites shutting down

Post stories

man hunting down aliens in those maps are a pain

Attached: 2353234235[1].gif (640x480, 126K)

It's baffling to me that sims threads aren't chock full of cropped porn

>4 is best for porn
>2 had the most content
What did 3 do well?

xcom?

>4 is best for porn
lmao

The sims resource doesn't have sims 1 content anymore?

>2 had the most content

Are you kidding me user? 3 has the most content, it had the most DLC + all those fucking shop items you had to buy from the EA store

>expansion packs were expansion packs
>literally the first "expac" just added new items and npcs

fucking zoomer pretendo, it took them hot date to actually add new content and interactions

Last I recall no but you can use it to access gallery only shit

custom content, demon spawn, and good for people with inflation fetish

the only thing 2 had over 3 was open for business, else 3 trumps it in every way gameplay-wise

>those problems

is your machine crap? mine runs sims 3 fine

sims 2 had more shit to do base game than sims 4 though. and even with all the dlcs sims 4 still feels like shit.

Mermaids with underwater swimming, diving and exploration with FUCKING BEACHES for Sims 4 when when WHEEEEN
And no I don't care about tail only cc

Attached: islandlag.jpg (1600x896, 343K)

>was fucking cut content

Sims 1 and its expansions werent “cut content”

Will Wright wanted to leave the series dead after the base game because he felt it was already “complete”

If anything, everything after was just icing on a cake

sims is actually fun to play unlike skyrim (which are all porn threads)

why are there many 4 apologists

I think everyone can agree that The sims 4 is the worst

Fun to play with porn mods. In 3 the porn is implemented into the game so well it feels completely natural.

filthy /vg/ refugees trying to convert people in this thread

And in The Sims 1's case, all those extra dollops of icing adding something more delicious, with Makin' Magic being the big strawberry on top.

Women and casuals

>laundry is a real expansion pack
Goddamn I can't believe I forgot. I hate this franchise so much now

xcom Apocalypse

>my first pet stuff

I'll never forget stuff packs for stuff packs.

I wish Island Paradise wasn't such a buggy mess, I never got to fuck with mermaids.Feels bad man.

It isn't cartoon shit. It looks like a parody of American suburbia

Does anyone have any semblance of hope for Sims 5, or is the series fucked?

>Sims 4 still doesn't have burglars because it hurts modern women/zoomers feefees

my bad dog, thank you for correcting me so I won't make the mistake again

Sims 5 will be a glorious revival of terrible optimization while making use of the innovations and gained knowledge of jewcore content packs.

why is sims 3 so universally hated?

Also, anyone else play the Sims PS2 games? Sims 2 and the Deserted Island one were fucking great

I remember my mother asking me why I didn't just make real friends and live actual life as a child playing the sims

what a dumb bitch

>Most furniture in TS4 is super modern designer stuff. Even if you're piss poor you live in a luxurious house.

The same design philosophy problem designs to designing Sims in 4. EVERYONE in Sims 4 looks like a model, you can't design proper ugly looking people. You can't make a good stinky looking hobo or Carl from aqua team hunger force.

>why is sims 3 so universally hated?
>3
Is that a typo? Did you mean 4?

I liked how you could pick ingredients in sims 2 xbox

>Small brain
Sims PC games
>Medium brain
Sims console games
>MASSIVE brain
Sims 2 on GBA

Because it's borderline unplayable and has some of the worst optimization I've ever encountered in a videogame. It's easily the worst Sims, don't let any of these fags fool you

Wouldn't that require having to uninstall the pirated version and reinstalling the legit version constantly every time to access the gallery?

Sims 2 on consoles was great because you actually controlled them instead of having to point and click

Replace bed with a loft bed and add a computer desk beneath it.

Doesn't look quite as good, but it's a solution.

>Sims 5
Remember there's still 2 & 1/2 year of Sims 4 content

yeah i sure loved cleaning up all that cat/dog shit every single second, hiring a maid only for her to NOT DO HER FUCKING JOB and making 19 friends to get a promotion

how does sims bustin’ out on gba compare

The series was fucked long ago (about half way through the 3 EPs it hit me) and that EA can't do anything right doesn't help the matter.

wow you reminded me that making friends was a requirement
was pretty shitty ngl

You can though, and a lot of random npcs are average or plain looking
It's just that's it's way easier to make good looking people due to jaw sliders for men for example

People only really shit on 3 for its optimization and potato faces, both of which mods can help. 4 is the one that gets dragged through the mud, just a bitter disappointment in every way that hasn't gotten much better.

wouldnt be THAT bad if only they didnt unfriend you every 5 minutes

> it's borderline unplayable
I genuinely pity you. Sims 3 is the best porn game I've ever played by far and god knows I've played way too many porn games.

>that Sim that wanted to write a novel,but got electrocuted by the PC and died instead

Hot take:

Sims 2 > Sims 4 > Sims 3 > Sims 1

Attached: 1334096531113.jpg (511x341, 21K)

Play it in any way other than a porn game where you start it up and jack off for 30 hours in 2 in-game days and you'll see what I mean. The game basically melts on itself, and the story progression is fucked. This is on any computer, by the way. The engine is a complete clusterfuck

Has anyone here ever played Sims Medieval? I always thought it looked interesting but never bought it

>black guy on main
>black chick on bon voyage
>black guy on seasons
>asian chick on pets
>black guy on nightlife
you retarded, nigger?

Doesn't beat this ""aesthetic"""

Attached: sims4 01.png (1920x1080, 1.35M)

He had fucked up teeth I think

>potato faces
kids easily got the worst of it, but mods can work some miracles

Attached: fbf997cd15fcc014f3da4beff113ad1d90786a958aab571d1e3da375fc8ce6d4.jpg (696x1038, 796K)

Just wanted to say had exactly the same thought, and keep the apoc dream alive user.

Attached: MISSION_SUCCESSFUL.gif (640x480, 1.71M)

It's a really barebones Sims experience played like one of the console games' story modes and it's set in the middle ages. It's not great, they abandoned it pretty quick.

mods?

I've had saves that go on for upwards of 100 days without too much issue. I generally only leave a save once I get bored of that town. The only time I've been forced to trash a save is when autonomy randomly stopped working once and one town was giving me random CTDs.
I don't even want to know how many hours I've dumped into this game.

Current EA is like AIDS/Stage 4 cancer

id be surprised if there will be a Sims 5, or theyll continue the series on mobile, YOU ALL HAVE PHONES RIGHT?!

people only hate 3’s optimization

meanwhile Sims 4 is oanned for how bland it is

This, except for 4's shopping, that shit is pure fucking aids.

>3 over 2
sorry bro but people actually like their sims game to run decently when there's more than 2 expansion packs activated

Sims 4 was release in 2014

An era isnt longer than 5 years

I want to believe 5 will be better. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it.

I wish the underwater camera was more like it appeared in screenshots

the camera has trouble tracking Sims, is constantly blocked by seaweed, and returns above water if you hit the edge of the map. In the screenshots it looked more like a separate area.

Aside from it's fucking terrible optimization, Sims 3 is actually the most feature rich entry in the franchise with the most stuff to do. Using mods from Nraas like Overwatch and MasterControl and loading the game from an SSD kinda helps it run better, but it still runs like ass no matter what.

Why did this family always freak out when they saw a ghost?

Attached: hqdefault (5).jpg (480x360, 52K)

never played bustin out on GBA or on PS2

The Urbz was dank though

In later games you could "legitimately" put the burglar alarm outside by fencing off your entire block and putting an airlock at the front gate.

Except for Sims 4, which has no burglars for some retarded reason.

Attached: 1373423050397.jpg (640x480, 24K)

Im not holding my breath, but i hope NuEA surprises

2 sucked ass. Open world with slight stutter > aspiration jerkfest.

Burglars would scare the preteen girls that play it these days.

So basically nonsense platitudes.

You wouldn't freak out if you saw a ghost?

well I'd freak out too if I were to find out first hand that they exist.

>2 sucked ass.
>Open world with slight stutter
>SLIGHT
Imagine having to live with such shit opinions

goth family basically breed ghosts
btw did bella stay disappeared after 2? what was their gay little story in sims 4

But the Goth family have been living there a while, why are they still shitting themselves over something they would have seen almost every night anyway

Aspirations were great, fuck off

It's the best one

Imagine having a shit pc anno domini 2019. Maybe try to not fill your town with 100+ sims and you won't lag, tardo.

If it's anything more than slight, you're doing something wrong. Play on smaller, better towns and have less sims. Cut out all the mods and expansions you don't really need. Get Nraas, get an SSD. Merge mods. So on and so forth.

The problem with 5 is the sims models being so ugly and the bad optimization, especially when you play with multiple expansion packs

>get an SSD
user SSDs cost money, if i had money i'd spend it on living my dreams IRL not in the sims

>it works on my machine ecksdeedeedeedee
>dude just limit your fun and install a bunch of performance mods lmao

>oh boy I want to fuck stacy
>wtf I can't fuck stacy right now?!
>spergs out
No

What mods work for the potato faces?

The devs already confirmed there's still 3 years or Sims content, that was in mid 2018 or so

uuuh yeah that's how usually goes

>The Sims 4's lifecycle is going until 2022
Holy shit just kill it