Enderal is fucking terrible

enderal is fucking terrible

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiki.sureai.net/Enderal:Old_Smuggler_Retreat
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85455?tab=description
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1 Atom has been deposited to your fallout 76 account.

Attached: 7cjbtdvzn1iz[1].jpg (938x896, 51K)

No it's not, it's kino.

Attached: resident evil.jpg (1920x1080, 312K)

You can tell it's the krauts doing this because it's 5:00am or so in freedom time and they only do this around this time of day.

It's just not good. The world is dense, in the worst possible way. You'll fight a pack of wolves or bandits within visual distance of guards. You can literally shoot an arrow into a highwayman while standing outside of a shop. Packs of mobs are everywhere, they just litter the landscape and you'll run into them fucking constantly, it's absurd. You never see any friendly faces on the road, it's just another fucking bandit again.

The game does a lot of "telling, not showing". Context is given through dialog trees and reading. I cannot imagine there is any replayability for this. There is typically one response to an NPC when they ask you a question. And the dialog is fucking awful. I get that the original writing was in German, but fuck can you not pay to have someone proofread it? Lines are delivered like they were run through google translate. Even minor things stick out, like how when it autosaves the game says "automatically saving". It's uncanny and it pulls you out of the experience.

And the names. Fuck me, everybody's got some ridiculous name and they'll reference each other by it constantly to remind you. Not like an occasional "Uriel Septim" but every interaction you get bombarded with some new character like the writers bought a fantasy name generator and are trying to get their money's worth.

I get it, it's free, and it's content, but it's bad content.

Can't believe someone actually wrote this all up but literally said nothing. You're complaining that water is wet you fucking idiot, holy hsit

The world is fucking ending. Sorry you don't find tons of useless merchants on the roads.

> You'll fight a pack of wolves or bandits within visual distance of guards.

Turn your draw distance down brainlet.

>Runs worse than any edition of Skyrim
>"RPG mechanics" are a completely transparent paintjob of Skyrim's systems and change almost nothing
>More meaningless collectibles than BoTW
>Hermit's houses, bandit camps, mines, and ancient ruins all within spitting distance of one another

i wrote this up, and it's valid criticism. it's like showing someone who has never had a hamburger, a picture of a hamburger, and asking them to make one. yeah, it looks nice, but it's not right for a lot of reasons.

it's not fair critique to judge it on the basis of it being free. you can get ketchup packets for free at mcdonalds, but that doesn't mean they're a pretty good meal because you didn't have to pay for them.

I'm enjoying the hell out of it and I've barely scraped the surface. The only thing I dislike is that it seems to crash every hour or so, despite my rig being quite beefy.

the fuckin bandits outnumber citizens by an incredible margin. what are these fuckers eating? how do towns trade with each other when the space between them is a veritable cornucopia of brigands, spiders, and wolves?

I appreciate the truth user, these guys are just fanfags and are mad at bethesda being shit. Bethesda is shit, but it doesn't make this mod good.

An user in another thread said it best, it's the worst aspects of Elder Scrolls and Gothic combined. World building seems interesting, dialogue is generally well acted even if the writing suffers from hiccups and relative linearity. But it does seem to suffer over all from lack of cohesive world design and direction. Set pieces alone does not make an engaging environment.
But, hey, it's free and a clear labor of love by someone. I certainly wouldn't pay real money for it, but as a free mod it's worth a good spin.

If you didn't like Skyrim, what made you think you'd like a mod made for people who basically wanted more Skyrim?

NIgger how is that pertinent to the guys criticisms?

Lol, literally every shill post goes "Skyrim is so shit, Enderal fixes it!"

>but as a free mod it's worth a good spin
by all means, dip your feet in, but there are a lot of free games, and a lot of them aren't really worth the time. just because it's free, doesn't mean it's worth your time.

Attached: 6sdMeys.jpg.png (503x251, 176K)

>more skyrim
Enderal is more like Gothic than Skyrim despite the engine

Reasons why people say enderal is better than Skyrim is because in general the main story quest is far better than skyrim's main story, the dungeons in enderal are far better and more intricate and rewards you for exploration. That and it has an actual city unlike the hovels in skyrim consisting of 5 houses and considered a "capital city". If those don't appeal to you then eh it's not for you.

i liked skyrim, i didn't like this. it's so fucking saccharin. it's close, but it's not right. there are a lot of good pieces, but there is a lot of garbage that ruins it.

Are you really arguing economy and living standards in a fucking RPG? Do you suffer from some kind of a terminal mental illness so we have to listen to your incoherent ramblings arguing about irrelevant stuff?

Bandits and fauna outnumber citizens for gameplay purposes. Maybe if you tried really hard to think about it you'd come to the realization that literally every game ever made does this too. Double digit mongoloids should be forbidden to go on the internet under the penalty of death, holy shit

>tfw i cant choose between doing the right thing and smashing Kilèean pussy
The Golden Sickle questline is alright

>i liked skyrim
stopped reading

This. Germans have no soul though so its understanding

based criticalposter, enderal is densely populated with hot garbage

Yeah, but they are right next to the guards. How does that make sense? Did you make this game? It's a great passion project user don't get me wrong, and Todd is a fucking faggot but spread the enemies out a little bit or something.

>And the names. Fuck me, everybody's got some ridiculous name and they'll reference each other by it constantly to remind you. Not like an occasional "Uriel Septim" but every interaction you get bombarded with some new character like the writers bought a fantasy name generator and are trying to get their money's worth.
Holy mother of cringe. Americans need to get out of this board.

Strange, those issues never crossed my mind while playing vanilla Enderal (in german). Planned to give Forgotten Stories a whirl in english for another playthrough. It seems to me you wanted to dive into the open world sandbox playground aspect, since your first paragraph reeks of trying to test out the limits of the NPC scripting. Mobs seemed evenly placed, though I'd run into a lot more if I veered off the pathways to explore. Ran into wandering merchants and patrolling guards now and again, but I never much interacted with them. I even seem to remember that a guard patrol did help me out once, or rather butted into one of my fights. I also once came across a dead wanderer who was killed by some roaming monsters, whom I knew I passed a few days earlier on the road. Added to the flavor, so I can't back your POV up, though I didn't look closely whether all the scripts added up to a cohesive whole.

As for text and dialogue heaviness, didn't bother me. Don't know where your threshold is. Lots of names and references? That complaint seems a bit ridiculous to me. Again, seems you're less in it for the story and more for the sandbox.

Seems Enderal isn't your thing. You may as well just play Skyrim and Fallout some more. Light on the quests and more about how much you can fuck with the AI.

>Can't believe someone actually wrote this all up but literally said nothing
it's a pretty decent criticism actually, you're just butthurt he doesn't like your favourite game

She's really hot

play the superior german game insteaed
genuinely sad how hard this flew under the radar

Attached: 1523744371605.jpg (500x500, 67K)

I tend to think posters who shout "Shill!" at everyone who disagrees are paranoid fucks, but damn, does all praise of this mod sound completely disingenuine.

This is another American RPGfans vs EuroJankfans just like Elex. Let's just let bygones be bygons Jankbros, we know you germans have different tastes.

>Lots of names and references? That complaint seems a bit ridiculous to me
it's inauthentic. when you talk to someone you just met, they don't start namedropping their grandmother, and their neighbor, and brother as if you're going to know these people by name. i don't need to know these people, it doesn't add anything to the experience. they could be named fucking anything because they don't add anything to the conversation. just say "my grandmother" or "my neighbor", and if i inquire further, then fill me in.
they're talking at you, not to you. it's just this constant barrage of information and you have to sift through the meaningless drivel to pick out the actual pieces of content.

I've found several traveling merchants on roads going to Ark.

>not posting pics
wtf

Well yea. $5 says anyone with that complaint probably barely made it to riverville.

It's not perfect, but it's not terrible either.
For a free mod it's pretty good.

no
i will not rest until every amerifat is forced to enjoy the jank

None of his arguments are actually true. If he complained that you're tripping over the loot, that some world areas lack settlements, that some world areas are unfinished, annoying voice actor merchants repeating the lines over and over and over again, reused assets etc I'd agree. But he's complaining about the things like bandits near the town guards, which never actually happens in the game. Or the lack of conversation, which is understandable since every line of dialogue has a voice actor.

Considering how Skyrim was made you can't go with silent dialogue unlike Morrowind, which is the main problem of any mod lacking a lot of conversation options.

>favourite game
Top kek

lol you make it seem like some kind of mind virus

Basically this. It's no Witcher 3 but hey, at least it's better than the game it's using the assets of.

The first frame a nigger popped up on my screen, I ALT-F4ed and uninstalled the game

I would say it has a lot more of a human touch than skyrim, that lone is a reason to play it. Personally.

user I'm sorry you don't have the mental capacity to remember names but any name dropping that happened in the main quest was relevant to the plot at least so far in my experience. Like name one time where someone named a character who was completely irrelevant or didn't add to the worldbuilding that it was attempting.

Its pretty dumb how literally overrepresented they are, especially considering this is a german game, but it really isn't THAT bad

I saw someone in an enderal thread yesterday who had Lucius The Jaw as a phantom, if you're here do you remember where you found him? I just unlocked tier 2 amulets and I want to replace Rugar.

Definitely. Skyrim feels unironically soulless.

Meh, it wasn't much of an issue to me, but your mileage clearly varied. I agree that it's somewhat heavy-handed that people throw intimate details of their lives at you at some slight prod, but it didn't bother me all that much. Saved me clicking "Who is Steve? Tell me more about Steve. I want to know yet more about Steve", since I'd usually explore the whole dialogue tree anyway.

How? That stupid faggot Gunam can't give me his approval because the quest writer for "A foot in the door" are retarded.

>It's just not good. The world is dense, in the worst possible way. You'll fight a pack of wolves or bandits within visual distance of guards. You can literally shoot an arrow into a highwayman while standing outside of a shop. Packs of mobs are everywhere, they just litter the landscape and you'll run into them fucking constantly, it's absurd. You never see any friendly faces on the road, it's just another fucking bandit again.

This is the only legitimate complaint here, and it's done for gameplay reasons, and given a story justification a bunch of times ("wow there's animals/bandits/undead everywhere, not many travelers on the roads these days"). Your complaints about the story and "namedropping" are brainlet tier. I feel like a lot of the story complaints are coming from people who wanted another braindead sandbox RPG like skyrim and are mad they're expected to read through an actual story as well.

Did you get recommendations from the other three at the trading post? For the black dude's request you have to refuse to beat up the hobo, I'm not sure what happens if you agree to.

You'll find him on the island in King's bay you can also find a tier 5 soul here on the map

Attached: mappe.jpg (1920x1080, 316K)

enderal is literally made by germans

Sick thanks

en.wiki.sureai.net/Enderal:Old_Smuggler_Retreat I think

I'm thinking their real issue is that they've probably gotten into too many fights for their comfort before getting to the first town, and was constantly overloaded with loot I bet. Just couldnt cope with the pressure.

The fact that I could remember and describe the characters in Enderal and actually found the quests engaging and fun puts it leagues above Skyrim in my books.

I found the girls amulet, and said no to beating the hobo like they wanted, but that's all there is except Gunam, who asks you to deliver a message, but the questline for Gunam isn't finished. The other girl doesn't respond, and the other guy declines any help.

The story is terribly conveyed no matter how you slice it. Exposition dumps will always be bad, and this game is worse than Morrowind in that regard.

I finished Gunam's quest, it had a quest marker for Farmer's Coast and I just went there and talked to the dude and that was it. If it's actually broken maybe there's a console command you can use to complete it.

>mfw hearing Tealor's voice for the first time

Attached: hahyee.png (483x701, 346K)

Whoever designed the Undercity did a good job. Games need more city/dungeons.

Might be. I remember when I first started that it took a bit till you reach the first town and merchant to unload some of the early found stuff. Also 3 wolves early on usually meant reloading and then staying away from fights that you can't win yet. Rough start, but felt cool when you finally managed to get a foothold as a nobody in those unknown lands.

how can anything based off of skyrim be good?

Where can I buy psionics learning books? The mage in the undercity won't help me.

The latest patch his npc he asks you to deliver the note for the quest doesn't exist, and his part of the quest doesn't even update the journal.

Never play New Vegas if you hate exposition dumps in RPG's. RPG's always seem to fall into one of two sides. Either characters dump too much exposition on you or they say too little, finding the right balance is a big challenge. The only (recent) RPG that comes to mind where dialogue flows "naturally" is Witcher 3.

Weird cuz I'm pretty sure I did that quest like yesterday. Is it a confirmed bug? Just wait for them to patch it I guess.

Top kek

Based

Liked the city design in general, both here and in Nehrim. Felt like cities with a bit of size and interesting layout to them, compared to what Bethesda mostly tried to pass as cities in Skyrim/Oblivion. The undercity was done well and felt like the atmospheric rat hole it was supposed to be. Wouldn't mind an entire game set in such an underground environment, kinda like Arx Fatalis once did.

Fuck you Todd, Outer Worlds will glaze your cheeks with benjamin flavored cum

But this is a rare instance of someone elaborating on why they think this is that, so why complain it's nothing?

BRING ME A NICE CRISP PIECE OF MEAT

quality eurojank

Gameplay/crafting are terrible. Rest is great, especially environment.
I think they would have done much better in leveling department if they had left natural skill progression in place and none of the "learning books". Sure, have skill books - alchemists compendiums, guide to enchanting, on ancient civilisations and magic crystals, etc - and trainers. Learning books and the whole learning/crafting points are unnecessary. And dont start with balncing arguments - they dont stick.
Massive chests are obsolete or need a rework - leveled loot lists make no sense.

>food analogy
C'mon man.

im an american

AI detection is totaly fucked up, as in - worse than skyrim. Old Oblivion bullshit like telepathic guards/enemies. Sneaking/stealth works only if you are going against a single target.

i like the fact that the bank has shares, loans, etc. but i haven't played the game

can i play as a jew if i wanted to? or am i going to have to kill my way through quests to even reach the bank?

It was right around there that it started to feel weird. It was clear I wasn't in Kansas anymore. Not in a "hurr this is a dream" but a "why did they choose to do it THIS way?"

Story-wise and quest-wise, yes, Enderal is better than Skyrim. In regard of worldspace too. However, gameplay-wise (with exception of magic), it is atrocious.

I wouldn't even dip my toe in it. Fan made games like these always have the worst voice actors. Ever played a skyrim quest mod? God they always feel like they have to put in 30k lines in their dialogue like some sort of crpg but it all boils down to long discussion with only 1-2 dialogue options a the end

>talking NPC looks out window for a better script

>can i play as a jew

Attached: yes.png (1915x1440, 3.72M)

It's so sweet?

>you can get ketchup packets for free at mcdonalds

Not in the Netherlands you can't. No wonder Americans are so fat.

Attached: Anise_Status_(TotA).jpg (800x1024, 282K)

as in not quite like the thing it's emulating

every character have to max out speech to be able to buy cheaper skill books is garbage design for sure

Enderal's voice-acting is pretty decent. Some bad ones, but some really really good ones. They even got some "big" names to VA in this, like Lee from Telltale's Walking Dead.

Disagree. A lacking or even nonexistant story is better than a fundamentally flawed story.

i don't understand why they have voices at all. it's so hit or miss. simply having subtitles won't break immersion but a random american reading fucked up translations will.

I haven't had any problems unless the enemies are right beside each other or in broad daylight

This shit has some smooth movement that makes you feel like you're naruto dashing and slashing mobs man. Just wish there was a more detailed map, because all it tells you is in what part of the map you are

so does it have waifu mods or do I have to stick with a "vanilla" experience?

>it's no witcher 3
Please stop. The game has became something of a dark souls where everyone uses it as a reference of quality.

I gotchu senpai.

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85455?tab=description

Its more of the case of character gets better at somethign that one is doing - say, sticks to sword and board - gets better with sword and board. Maybe a bit of training at the start or a skill book or two for some basic techniques. But nothing like gaining skill levels solely from reading a book. I guess they tried to fix player getting skilled in multiple skills and player's wealth accumulation in one go, and failed (thats my opinion).

You are soulless

witcher 3 is shit though

>takes pride in not giving a game a fair chance because he is afraid of niggers
>racial politics are evidently more important than gameplay
Why are you on this board then

>Witcher 3
nigga wtf the dialogue in some scenes were pretty stretchy what drugs are you on?

>especially considering this is a german game
Why that?

Ah, my bad

Ketchup is a lot fewer calories than the majority of condiments

>Feel bad skipping dungeons I've outleveled because I know someone put the time in to make each one unique
>Know I'll keep getting the same 3 set pieces too

based

At the end of the day, it still runs on Skyrim's engine, so that's why.

the diversity in germany is, ironically enough, still very concentrated inside the refugee camps
Watching american television you wouldn't guess that the black population makes up maybe 13% of the population considering how overrepresented they are. Now take this german game about a pseudo MMO and 40% of the npcs being blacks is just fucking jarring

It's literally just sugar you dumb amerifat. Or did you think it was healthier because it has a tomato on the packet?

>works on my machine
No mate, the issue is there. Even if they are spaced out and its night. Worse yet, if you shoto them with bow from behind, they get notified and alerted before the arrow hits them. Not even as it hits them - before it even reaches them. Some will immediately detect you if they are not killed, but the whole group, even those on the far end of the camp get immediately alerted and second later detect me. And this is in the night, with me behind a bush, with 100 sneak and all necessary perks.
Oblivion had this damn thing. If you dont recall, go play vanilla, see how far you get.

Cheese land is irrelevant. Only game you niggers ever made has that bulldyke in it

Okay Todd.

Maybe bows are just loud in enderal, have you tried casting the silence spell from psionics? I've noticed some spell effects like summons are insanely loud and will basically alert every enemy in the dungeon

That doesn't change the fact that it has fewer calories than mayonaisse, a French invention that they put on everything

Being contrarian doesn't make you an interesting person.
Sometimes yes but the dialogue was still relatively natural in the grand scheme of things.

Tomato paste with vinegar. Doesnt have much sugar - 1/5 of a portion - 3g out of 15g serving.

>Being retarded.
Literally everyone but the people on the ship is an MMO character, and there are character customization options.
The rival even specifically states he's got multiple characters.
Not to mention the fact you're playing with people across an undefined number of PLANETS.
This is one of the few games where that shit literally does not matter.

>And the names. Fuck me, everybody's got some ridiculous name and they'll reference each other by it constantly to remind you.
Well you are a foreigner in highly religious country, theyll obviously reference highly revered characters and probably wont think that you could possibly have no idea about them.
>It's just not good. The world is dense, in the worst possible way. You'll fight a pack of wolves or bandits within visual distance of guards.
You can see giant camp from Whiterun, in Planescape and Baldurs youll casually stumble into a group of 10 bandits in the city walls. literally every rpg without overworld is condensed into somewhat nonsensical way. But Enderal at least tries to give you an explanation by their country turning into dwarf fortress necronomicon simulator

The main character is a human with the soul of a dragon so that means it has the biggest of souls =)

Both silence and Assassin shout (it only provides 25% muffle effect).

Does the game take place in Germany? Because otherwise I don't see the correlation here. If the designer guy wanted to make 40% of the population's skin color purple, would that be a problem, considering less than 40% of germany's population has purple skin?

Does that mean that if I made a game set in mesoamerica for example, I'd still have to adhere to the racial diversity of the country I live in?

>You can see giant camp from Whiterun
Not at all comparable to the bandits who've set up a camp no more than 20 feet from Yero's perfectly abandoned house

Uhhhhhh there's giant rats in Yero's house

>Literally everyone but the people on the ship is an MMO character, and there are character customization options.
You make it sound like its common in an MMO for people to create dark skinned characters, given the choice, but thats only really a thing with female characters maybe, for fetishistic reasons
So even by your logic it doesn't make sense

>This is one of the few games where that shit literally does not matter.
Then don't fucking argue with me about it

Okay then, how about the other shack 20 feet from their camp, with nothing but burnt corpses and a magic symbol?

It's because it's still a mod, a very big mod with a lot of scripts. Some crashes are to be expected.
Not that i have any personal experience tho, i havent played enderal

>German
of course it'd be shit

trek weg kaaskop

are you sure it's german? i'm six hours in and i haven't driven a train once.

You're shit, OP.

Attached: 20190217002756_1.jpg (2560x1440, 562K)

>fundamentaly flawed
Thats Skyrim's.
And no, gameplay with no storyline (even minimal or very specific and directional) is gonna get very very tedious and boring.

I'm having fun with it. Its not something I'm binging but its a nice few hours a week.

Did they finish it? When they first released the game it was clearly not done.

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: 933480_20190222152241_1.jpg (1920x1080, 643K)

I have to agree, I played for about an hour and played through the world for a bit. I was incredibly disappointed. I didn't expect AAA quality, but the world follows the same Skyrim/Bethesda design of not letting the player go 10 seconds without having to kill something. I felt like a rat in a fucking Skinner experiment receiving the necessary dopamine hits that the developers want me to rather than exploring a real world. Like I was being conditioned to like it rather than actually enjoying myself. I know for some people the story is enough to push through the bullshit, but for me these types of games the world is pretty much the most important aspect, so this was a dealbreaker for me

Soon

Attached: Betty.jpg (236x236, 10K)

Will this shit work with pirated Skyrim?

Unironically soon

Attached: 1534837476982.png (512x512, 275K)

Undercity got a big new quest line and so did the Golden Sickle which uses a lot of formerly unused locations in Ark

excuse me have uplayed minecraft

If me saying no prevents you from playing it then no, it won't.

>And no, gameplay with no storyline (even minimal or very specific and directional)
I love a game with a good story, but this is the most misguided thing I've ever read.

What about games like Street Fighter or Melee, which are still actively played to this day?
What about chess? Does the game not having a story hold it back?

The writing is meh but doesn't bother me too much. I agree with you on the density of enemies. For me, the biggest issue is the railroaded story. Very quickly I realized things were off and didn't want to go through with certain quests. But the game doesn't give you any options to call out the bullshit (at least in the original version). Then at the end it acts like this was some incredible twist you never saw coming.

Give it some time

Liars, where's my fucking train?

Looked cool till I saw the Skyrim UI. Can't fix that trashy combat. Oh well.

imagine playing skyrim

It comes up in dialogue well before you get to it, pay more attention

You legit ride on a train in the main story user

I told him that we're gonna fuck the guy up, and told the whole truth to the guards. Overall I liked how it ended, but GS didn't. The fag told me to stop helping people and go just for business.

Later in game.

You'd need to pirate it since the only legit way to get it is from Steam

Fun fact if you go find Huriyas near the house for the elixir quest he'll give you a +2 learning points book

Holy shit, thanks

>Want to enjoy exploring world
>Cant because everywhere I look there’s another pack of wolves, bandit camp, group of skeletons/rats
Why do devs think this is good game design?

it's fun! i love walking to pick a flower and hearing the combat music start soaring.

If you think that the first location (with grass, skellies and wolves) is a pinnacle of Enderal, you're damn wrong.

>not using the rhetorics speech check to get full payment anyway

Attached: tu.gif (554x400, 120K)

>americans are overwhelmed by a proper RPG story because of their sub-90 IQ mutt genes

Attached: 1538826253729.jpg (531x531, 61K)

>It gets good after 10 hours
Really? Why leave such a bad first impression then?

All the VAs in Enderal are professionals, at least play the fucking game for 5 minutes you lying mongoloid.

if i had to suck down a gallon of sewage for an hour to get 10 hours of milkshakes, it doesn't matter if they're the best milkshakes in the world, i'm not going to drink the sewage.

>implying I didn't

Attached: 198.jpg (450x396, 158K)

>AAA
>quality

Attached: haro.jpg (525x296, 15K)

No one stops you from going straight for the plot. You'll get to Ark pretty soon.

Probably because they want to gate you into a certain direction without explicitly telling you. Back in the day, say, Wizardry 8, getting murderstabbed by elder vampire rats and neutron golems usually meant to make you go "huh, I guess I'll return here when I'm a few levels higher" instead of "ffffffffuuuuuuuuuu, how dare they block my open world experience! assholes!!!!!". Makes it also more delicious when you finally return as Conanor, the stealthy wizard barbarian, going "hey you fucks, remember me?".

It has soul, compared to Skyrim.

But does it have flesh?

Which level of dream are you on?

I love my wife Calia very much.

Attached: 933480_20190221202400_1.jpg (1920x1080, 450K)

Jespar is better

lmao you're literally describing Skyrim as a whole, did you only just now realize it's an awful game?

cool blog faggot

Aside from the density, which is most games. None of your points crossed my mind while playing this. I do have trouble replaying this however, since the combat and aesthetic reminds me of Skyrim too much. Wish it wasn't so, a lot of work has been put in to this mod, and it's the only game/mod/experience that had me emotionally invested in over 10 years.

Literally the first sidequest you find features a merchant lady who sounds like she was voiced by an actual 12-year-old girl.

fuck me, did you talk to the kid in riverville? the one that makes you do the treasure hunt quest? god what a fucking voice actor.

Hey, I had a lot of fun wih it. Theres a surprising amount of attention to detail and small things that make the game very interesting to me. Even if the story was just mass effect I still found it interesting and enjoyable. I don't know why people choose to be so critical of this game in particular.

Attached: 1536311518195.gif (160x160, 811K)

I haven't gotten to Calia yet but whoever voiced Dijaam for the Golden Sickle quests was pretty good, so they had at least one decent female voice actor

Most of the women & all of the kids are awful though

30 second rule.

Because it is currently popular on Yea Forums. Of course people shit on it. See this thread. One guy said: "enderal is fucking shit". 179 replies later, here we are. That's all it takes.

Why is it currently popular? I played this a couple years ago

Calia's VA is good too. Thankfully most of the bad VA is tied to minor characters, the major ones are good pretty much across the board.

Steam rerelease with a bunch of new content

Because it just got a big expansion and a Steam release.

Yeah, the same chick voices that baker slut in Ark and the merchant with a pet. The horror.

I started nehrim few years ago but was disappointed in the amount of content compared to Oblivion. Only one city with not much else to look at and little to no side quests, half of which are just wanted posters. Is Enderal different?

Enderal is chock full of content. My 60 hour playthrough had me skipping a lot of side quests and exploration

>Yeah, but they are right next to the guards
the fucking guards are paid to protect the towns you braindead moron, would you risk your life to save a chump outside of it for no actual reward if you were one of them?
fucking retard

>Master skill book == Apprentice skill book

Attached: DYSFUNCTIONAL.jpg (194x273, 10K)

They released the "add-on" Forgotten Stories, which expands on some factions and story threads that originally got less coverage, plus an additional alternate ending (from the rumors I heard a while back). It also got released on Steam as a free download, as long as you got the original (non special edition) Skyrim, so you don't have to fuck with your actual Skyrim install and mods.

>Go to Frostcliff Tavern
>Request the bard to play a song
>Sit down and gamble

Literally maximum comfy, the fact that friendly settlements are so sparse and the wilderness is filled with so much rape just makes comfy moments like this so much more comfy.

Attached: 286.jpg (409x409, 34K)

Man, relying on scavenging for books for leveling is so dumb. What was wrong with the trainer system?

Calm your tits Sven.

>bard stops playing song everytime you go to gamble

This is breaking my comfy levels.

>I have a song request
>Play Winter Sky
>mfw

Attached: gutti.jpg (480x480, 23K)

One of the most boring mods I have ever played, yawn.

W-what

Can't remember lack of content, back when I played Nehrim. Usually I'd simply follow the main quest and explore dungeons in the area I'm currently at. The dungeons usually told their own little stories in a "found footage", or rather, "found scroll" kind of way. Add in the occasional actual side quest and I never felt bored in Nehrim. Did yo by any chance ignore the main quest, like Bethesda expects you to do in one of their own campaigns?
As for the town, sure, there was mainly the capital with a few minor settlements, but I loved strolling around in the capital ever since I first set foot in it, since it felt better designed and livelier than what Oblivion offered.

>tfw you'll never live in a comfy cave with your stronk bandit waifu until some faggot comes and murders you for your rat catcher's gloves

>pass by a random NPC in Ark
>suddenly "you know, there comes a point where you just have to live with it."
t-thanks.

Attached: 4prv1.jpg (500x484, 21K)

it drives me up the wall when you can't make those fuckers quit playing for ten fucking seconds.

Attached: 21194-1-1343411409.jpg (2560x1440, 731K)

Enderal pre FS had all the training books available at merchants. Scavenging books from the wilderness was just bonus. Isn't that still the case?

>They always go too easy on the scum

Stop it boner

It's still very much the case. Skill books are still the money sink in the game.

Oh god it's so obnoxious how they so freely reuse Skyrim assets without even retexturing them. The unabashed "It's a ruined version of Whiterun OOOOOHHHH" was just embarrassing.

You forget it's just a mod, user. Other half of their assets is from nexus.

well i just read that germans made it so that explains why it sucks

It's a mod. It's literally Skyrim reshuffled. Don't play a Skyrim mod if you don't want a modded Skyrim.

>Enderal is fucking terrible
>200+ posts
Every time.

Majora's Mask reused a bunch of OOT assets and it's still an amazing game and is more original than all the Zelda games after it

Why would anyone want more Skyrim?

There are plenty of Skyrim mods that add original objects and creatures. This one is just really uninspired in comparison.

Re-used assets is a meme complaint.

Fallout 76 is like 75% Fallout 4 assets but they charged $60 for it :^)

And Fallout 76 is also bad!

Play those mods then. I don't see the problem, no one forced you to play it. You didn't even have to buy it.

>tell the scheming kiléean bitch to fuck off
>she ends up with literal brain damage
love it desu

Attached: 1445685784969.png (868x617, 293K)

Do you even know where you are?

Reusing assets isn't a valid complaint. Some of the best games of all time can be called asset flips. Majoras Mask, Fallout 2, Fallout NV.

>12 second time stop power

Nice game

They should have done it like Gothic and have you spend the learning points at trainers instead of using gay ass books

Those games all have the benefit of taking place in the same universe, in a roughly similar timeframe.
This is it's own universe, but everything looks exactly like what you've seen in Skyrim. Even just simple recolors of the clutter and creatures would help tremendously with suspension of disbelief.

Dirty outlander!

Sadly the first area isn't really like that and just sends hordes of easy wolves, bandits and spiders at you.

Ok straight up i have tried playing this game so many times but the sun is so fucking bright it just ruins it for me and anytime i ask for help on the forums they tell me its supposed to be like that. THATS WAY TOO BRIGHT

Attached: 933480_screenshots_20190220165432_1.jpg (1920x1080, 659K)

Attached: 1530101443188.jpg (510x767, 79K)

It only does that in the first area
Not that it's worth continuing past that point anyway

Have you tried playing past the prologue?

>Why is the sun so bright

I'm having cdpr threads flashbacks here

Same principle though. I evaded the wildlife when I saw that I ran out of healing items after the first few near death encounters and felt relieved and satisfied when I made it to town. You're getting ahead of the leveling curve soon enough anyway.

I hope you fags read the novel.

Attached: DAB b.png (300x250, 22K)

Is Ark's marketplace really unstable for anybody else? Most of my crashes happen there.

After I finish the game I will. What's it even about, I think I read somewhere Jespar is the main character?

Yeah, it's a prequel with Jes as a lead. He has a contract in Qyra.

Haven't done any shady real estate credit ventures yet, so the market didn't crash for me. Maybe it's a US thing.

Cool I'll definitely check it out when I'm done. Can you recommend any good in-game books? I read Butcher of Ark and it was good, although I wish more of it made it into the game. The Rhalata quest seems like a neat tie-in.

"Breeeeaaad".
Some VAs are great, some are like that - breeeaaad.

Game is pretty fun when you're out in areas past your level. I enjoyed going in with an Iron greatsword and coming out with a Rune Warhammer, and getting the next tier sets early on. Quests and dungeons are more unique, but it still has a lot of "Go here, Kill thing, turn in" quests. However it still suffers from floaty skyrim combat, gameb-I mean "Creation" engine jankiness, and generally lacks polish in areas.

Overall it feels like it is better than Skyrim, but at the same time it is just built on top of Skyrim so it would be hard not to be.

>modded

>mfw clearing Ark's crypt

Attached: GyM.gif (500x282, 1.84M)

When does the game actually let you have control for more than 5 minutes and stops smash cutting to another location?

>Cottage
SMASH CUT
>Hold of boat
SMASH CUT
>deck of boat
SMASH CUT
>shore
>do a dungeon
>camp
SMASH CUT
>talking to mysterious mercenary

I want to play the game, please tell me it stops doing this soon

That is the point, I think. Gold honestly just feels like an extension of EXP in this game. All the best loot is found, looted, or crafted. Gold is pretty much just for books.

It is kind of annoying, but also kind of cool. Though I do feel weird because I consistently have had way more points than I can spend, and I have 50 Heavy armor and 50 two handed weapons.

That's literally the last time it happens for a while. You've just finished the intro.

Well, that's it, you just finished the prologue. Now, the open world.

>Cast one spell
>10 red dots on the radar

Attached: 1516515985645.jpg (482x436, 36K)

Welcome to Oblivion.

I thought I'll never get out of there.

Attached: 15383311255030.jpg (1532x1920, 187K)

cant wait to use that "Teleport to Strange Place" scroll i found in the crypt

Attached: 1497358854221.jpg (264x217, 22K)

Pretty much thing. I really wanted to like it, but the endless combat and awkward as fuck writing made me lose all interest after a couple of hours. It doesn't help that their different mechanics they tried to replace Skyrim's with are so poorly implemented like eating books and just removing perk trees.

>Only two handed multi class requires you to get one handed as well

Why

Attached: 1545847197858.gif (388x369, 1.27M)

It has one with thaumaturge as well

I too scared to use it bros

Attached: 4dxGTnENlzY.jpg (600x486, 66K)

Consider suicide

I can't see shit at night, brightness it to the max but I can barely see 3 feet in front with a torch

Remember to check behind the chest when you do!

Psionics has a nightvision spell

so is it a feature that I can't see two steps in front of me? It worked in KCD but I'm not convinced it works here

Thanks, will do

I don't know, I can see pretty well in the dark, in fact I wish it were a little darker most of the time. Are you using an ENB or something?

>fanmod is fully voiced
instantly discarded
Not only is the quality going to be garbage, the writing is also going to suck because your dialogue is massively bottlenecked by how much time you have to waste on voicing it

Use a torch or travel by day, but it's probably the enb you're using

Just use another ENB for Enderal if it's a big problem, personally I like dark nights

no I don't use any mod

>BY THE PROPHET'S ASS

Attached: 1496291316718.png (603x690, 520K)

Maybe try it before you form an opinion on pure assumption you fucking brainlet

You're just retarded. The writing is several times better that in fucking skyrim, same for the most of voice acting.

Is there a way to uncap the fps from 60?

Attached: 1550174717615.jpg (598x584, 62K)

That's not a very high benchmark

You really shouldn't. Skyrim physics works bad with fps 60+

Why not try it first yourself or at least watch some trailers before making such radical decisions?

HULK SWORD
HULK SMASH CUT

Kek no. I'm enjoying the mod but it's nowhere near the utter shit that Skyrim was, and that's saying something. The guy who does Jasper is competent though.
Btw what build should I do? I'm not that much into magic but I'd like some buffs and maybe fireballs or that kind of shit. Should I pick a tree in the other stones though (sneak seems broken though unless from far away)

>BLAZES

>*crackle crackle*

The melee sneak tree is pretty fun & works great once you get Ghostwalk. Stealth archer is pretty broken (in a bad way) if the guy seething in these threads is any indication.

If you want to make a stealth character I recommend mixing it with the Sinistrope mage tree since Psionics gets a lot of cool stealth utility spells

Because I don't want to get disappointed

Go Seraph with heavy armor and light magic. Buff your life up, buff your armor up and then slap everything with a one handed or two handed weapon. Or use entropy for range and go dark seraph.

You don't really lose anything tho.

I did the heavy armor & light magic thing my first playthrough and ended up really bored with the melee combat

Don't play this shit, then. Especially given how much people hype this mod, there's no way to not be disappointed.

i really hate how empty the world feels
add some villages please, you did it right in nehrim
The entire continent literally has 4 functioning settlements
its not like they are full if interesting things, only Ark and starting town have any quests

It's good and it's free. Of course there are some people who like it even on Yea Forums

yeah that seems like my thing, thanks

Well to be fair light magic does have the new sunbeam spell that directly damages undead instead of just the shitty fear

KINO

Attached: 933480_20190221201923_1.jpg (1920x1080, 618K)

>mfw the statue is called Harvest

Attached: 1527616212682.png (311x304, 111K)

Define empty

Anyone found any fun and valid builds so far? The typical Skyrim shit is so fucking boring and the pseudo-summoner is awful because the summons look retarded and has shitty pathfinding.

Did anyone try werewolf class yet?

are the learning points abundant enough that I can learn anything I want or do I need to plan carefully? Also can I respec?

No respec, plan carefully.

shit, I knew my brainletism would catch up with me in this game

You get a shit load of points, not just through leveling but also through quests and stuff.

You need to plan out your memory points somewhat, but you can learn a lot of different skills if that is what you mean.

oh ok thanks. Thankfully I've only spent one memory point so far, so now I know I need to plan my build out.

>got everything I want from the archery tree
What's next? Light armor and stealth branch?

Attached: 1548781857431.jpg (310x313, 60K)

If you go light armor you can get the class that makes your fire arrows explode an additional time.

I don't even use fire arrows.

Don't get me wrong, you also get memory points from books and quests, so it's not like you need literally every point, but try not to totally waste them.

It's better to focus on one class at first to get the good shit and maybe at level 10-15 or so you can start branching out into another class

>reach the end of the dream, decide to try to kill axion for shits and giggles
>it was actually the correct answer
I am a genius

Attached: 1486752197204.jpg (353x347, 20K)

Then go with a magic branch and become an arcane archer. Light magic is always useful, if you have the points to invest.

>tfw axion = noxia
>Substantive of noxius (“harmful; guilty”) or a variant form of noxa (“hurt, harm, injury”)

people who loved skyrim don't exactly have the best taste in rpgs, that's probably why they settle for stuff like nehrim and enderal.

Ironically people who loved skyrim end up hating enderal because it requires too much reading

Is magic good (=OP like in TES games)? Can I play as a lesbian Elf? Are there still CTDs?

Yes
Yes
Yes

Yes
Yes
Yes