Now that AAA companies have been putting out nothing but failures/mediocre releases left and right...

Now that AAA companies have been putting out nothing but failures/mediocre releases left and right, is CDPR up next on the chopping block?

Attached: cyber hall cl.png (1920x1016, 2.4M)

I hope not, I liked the whole Witcher series (1 > 3 > 2) but you never really know for certain.
I do find that the only quality these days is coming from small indie studios like Red Hook or Supergiant games.

>supergiant
Ehh.. They're fine but kind of a one trick pony.

Attached: asss.png (306x274, 174K)

CDPR publishes their own shit like a fucking CHAD.

At least last I checked

so there is no "chopping block"
Fuck outta here faggot.

Yes I am a fucking fanboy, at this point they're the only ones who seem to know their ass from a hole in the fucking ground. Bioware's a corpse and so is Bethesderp

>3>2
lol. 3 is a major stepback from everything that made the first two games good. Instead of refining the formula of the first two games, they went ahead with open-world design which destroyed the importance of decision making and a good narrative design the previous two games had.

Attached: 1541982186018.jpg (342x245, 14K)

Pyre is one of the most unique games I've played. Of course because it was so different not as many people bought it compared to Bastion/Transistor.
Also since Transistor they've started moving away from relying on a narrator.
Hades is also different in that of all their games its the one with a focus more on gameplay then story.

Attached: PYRE.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

Yup. Cyberpunk looks like a disaster.
TW3 gameplay was already terrible.

May not be enough. They still exist within the same industry and have become a notable company. They will have people knocking on their door "advising" them on what's best to do, how to please western critics, how to be socially conscious.

>so there is no "chopping block"
They are constantly on chopping block, one flop and they are gone/bought by ea/ubi/microsoft/sony

hello bobby

Pretty much. The grim reaper is already knocking on their door. Might not happen for their next game, or the one after that, but it'll happen. They'll become more and more "westernized" and we all know what that means for vidya.

>Yup. Cyberpunk looks like a disaster.
As someone that was very cynical about what was appearing down the pipeline, it literally does not.

If they didn't care you would be already playing it, why do you think they put so much time into one game instead making them like Ubisoft?

We're not talking about some Amerijewed mutt or canuck company here so I think we're on the safe side.

Attached: 598732.jpg (900x900, 76K)

They already are, some time ago they fired guy because of some "insensitive" tweets.

This won't affect CDPR for at least next 10 years or until passionate Marcin and his buddy have big shares in company

Attached: 141653,768716,w_1600.jpg (1600x1090, 130K)

Yes but his job was PR, and he failed at it. I'm not too worried.

I dont understand why people keep bringing up open world or why people seem to hate it with a passion. It had no important effect on me. Whether its linear or not in how I approach things it doesnt matter. As long as its good. If anything isnt being able to go back to things you've missed good?
3 had a good story. Look at the Bloody Baron, that's great writing in a game. In another game he would've been a stock character. A drunk abusive husband, a one-dimensional villain. But somehow CDPR made you feel for this asshole and wrote him in a realistic and very human way. Ciri perhaps is the worst character but even then it's nice the way your decisions with Ciri build up and effect the ending. The story suffers near the end but it still manages to deliver memorable moment after moment.
The DLC has an even better story. Hearts of Stone is fucking godly being one of the most interesting stories I've ever experienced. Blood and Wine is lesser but still has a good story with a amazing atmosphere and again, good, relatable characters.
Comparing the base game only 1 still was better.
2 was good but it still had the worst combat and a rather inconsistent plot.

I feel like people here mostly hate 3 because it's the most popular of the series and Yea Forums cant stand liking things which are popular hence why much of the attacks on it focus on the fact it has meaningless labels like "open world".

Attached: SHHH KID.jpg (514x796, 158K)

>Yes but his job was PR, and he failed at it. I'm not too worried.
That's how it starts.

Attached: 1519861257857.jpg (460x412, 156K)

BASED

Attached: olgierd fight.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

>all this falseflagging
worry about your games, oh wait, they are already dead, at least you have 20 year old games you can still play for the 40th time right? lmao

I hold the Bloody Baron as a gold standard for the type of characters you no longer get in a politically correct media landscape. As I was playing the Witcher 3 and you meet the Barons men I completely took it for granted that he would be this complete monster. When you meet him and he seems friendly, then you find out that he beat his wife and I'm thinking "complete monster" again but nope, he's written as a flawed human.

It really makes you understand how politics ruins writing. Characters stop being characters but representatives of their group or crime.

I don't hate 3 at all, I have 450hr in it. My main problem is that all those nice stories are pretty much self-contained and have no bearing at all in the grander scheme of things. I mean look at the main stories Velen/Novigrad/Skellige each. The way you play them, your decisions make no difference at all in the end. The only thing that changes things are certain story elements in which you interact with Ciri (let's play snowball or trash Avallach's place) and they don't even affect the levels or the stories you play save for the last 3-5 minutes of the epilogue. Now compare that with how you interact with both the Order and the Squirrels, how chapter 5 of Witcher plays, or the entirety of Chapter 2 & 3 depending on whether you sided with Roche or Iorveth in Witcher 2. Again by all means Witcher 3 isn't a bad game but doesn't have that magic of the first two games and I partly blame the open world system because the system of the first two games rely upon chapter&hub based world design where the developer has more control over the narrative, which is fine for a story-driven game like Witcher.
I admit that the DLCs are good but again, they're still missing the points I've just tried to make.

Attached: 1549314615130.gif (436x436, 3.96M)

And what's even more bizarro is that the Baron arc was written by a woman

>CDPR
>AAA

Attached: doubt.jpg (800x450, 28K)

>>CDPR
>>not AAA

Attached: 1549998996954.png (395x474, 25K)

It isn't 2011. Witcher 3 sold well and now they have studios in 3 cities.

Attached: 1537902123366.png (1300x715, 541K)

>one flop and
nah, two flops probably
contrary to popular belief it's really hard to kill public trading company, they have to be very VERY incompetent for that

I was worried after reveal trailer, gameplay trailer got me hyped first time since STALKER early builds, hope it doesn't go same way as stalker though.

>I dont understand why people keep bringing up open world or why people seem to hate it with a passion
same. probably due to low memory capacity, can't handle too many plots and locations

Considering I agree with 2 flops, which brings question what will be their next game after cyberpunk 2077. Safe bet with game in witcher universe in case of cyberpunk flop or another new ip.

if CP77 doesn't flop, hard to imagine, it will ride out 10m sold just on trust factor, not sure about their predicted 18m though.
I wouldn't be surprised by second CP game and witcher game on the side, they will have that much fund by that point. Personally i'm hoping for space opera from CDPR, genre seems to be in revival phase.

i actually want them to go with fantasy again, but not grounded in medieval realism, more similar to Alice in Wonderland type of feel

Could be interesting. That wonderland segment in BaW was quite nice, especially with the added CDPR's spin in it.