F

F

Attached: gw2-logo.a9bed23d.jpg (290x200, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/guild-wars-2-developer-arenanet-plans-for-mass-layoffs-1832799804
youtube.com/watch?v=wtfjWleiHQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=9NmPGCIa340
youtube.com/watch?v=JvLRWKZDgVM
youtube.com/watch?v=_hXn_iLE7_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=UEeDT928m5E
youtube.com/watch?v=G0kQICdlAIs
youtube.com/watch?v=q2vxNyxmP00
youtube.com/watch?v=sDWHNly2sao
youtube.com/watch?v=yNoDdjwGs98
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_credits
wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Feedback:Game_updates/20190205
youtube.com/watch?v=f2plRTzSrY8
youtube.com/watch?v=ScPjMY6ZutI
youtube.com/watch?v=Y42qQlkK0Us
youtube.com/watch?v=o9C9OKMyZng
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-02-21-arenanet-reportedly-bracing-for-mass-layoffs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is it this time?

s

kotaku.com/guild-wars-2-developer-arenanet-plans-for-mass-layoffs-1832799804

s

Ah it's this.

Arenanet will be doing some layoffs of its employees as part of new merger between Arenanet and NcSoft’s publishing division.

According to Kotaku, NCSoft CEO sent this to Arenanet employees this afternoon.

“Our live game business revenue is declining as our franchises age, delays in development on PC and mobile have created further drains against our revenue projects, while our operating costs in the west have increased, Where we are is not sustainable, and is not going to set us up for future success”

NCSoft plans to cut costs across the organization and restructure across the board, merging ArenaNet and NCSoft’s publishing divisions in the process. “The restructuring, cost-cutting, and strategic realignments are all being done to secure our tomorrow and to provide the foundation that will allow us to grow and acquire”.

Here is the official statement from Arnenaet.

We know you have a lot of questions about the future of Guild Wars 2. We want to share with you what to expect moving forward for the game. First and foremost, we are still fully committed to all of our players and ongoing support of the game. We will be moving directly from Living World Season 4 into Season 5 as promised, and we plan to continue a regular cadence of updates and releases.

We know Guild Wars 2 is important to you, and as our players, you are important to us. Rest assured that we are still working to add great new content to the game. We are deeply grateful to all of you for your support during this difficult time.

Good fucking riddance. Might be they will shut down both game servers so I will be free from this hell.
REMEMBER ASCALON!

Attached: Ascalon.jpg (1024x512, 130K)

>"[ArenaNet] had two major projects in the works when I was there. One was indefinitely suspended while I was still there. For those of us working on GW2, our mandate was essentially to make it look like there was the same level of resources devoted to GW2, when they were actually steadily moving people off of it onto the other projects.

>"It was bad enough that at one point we were told we could only have one cinematic for Ep5 (All or Nothing), which, given that it was the climax of the season and had more heavy emotional beats than anything else we'd done (at least while I was there), was devastating."

People still care about this turd? I assumed everyone with a functioning brain shitcanned it 6 years ago.

This is what they deserve for killing GW1.

suprised one of the worst mmorpg I have ever played lasted this long

Who cares, Anet is full of SJW leftists and diversity hires anyway

>ywn hear it for the first time after you escaped Stone Summit Dwarves and managed to get out of the Shiverpeaks and approached Scoundrel's Rise...
youtube.com/watch?v=wtfjWleiHQ4
Where did all that time went Yea Forumsros?

Attached: 123435567867.jpg (400x226, 43K)

Factions had a similar moment when you finally went out of that shithole slum/sewer city called Kaineng and stepped onto those green plains again near the Jade Sea/Echovald Forest

s

Kurzicks FTW! Suxons out!
youtube.com/watch?v=9NmPGCIa340

Attached: 12345565778.jpg (391x598, 68K)

>tfw still waiting for a spiritual successor

Attached: 2.jpg (579x329, 25K)

Fuck I remember that vividly. And it happened more than 12 years ago. How is it possible? No games would ever do that to me again.
GW1 was special.

>Suxons
Don't try to act like an old fag you fucking cunt. They're tree huggers and turtle fuckers.

kurzicks are a bunch of dumb goths living in stone trees
luxons is where its at

1st game:
Literally a story how humanity needs to clench to life, after they are beaten and suffered all the hardships and disasters, they have no allies yet still treachery happens in their rank, there is infighting between various groups, danger from other races and "higher" beings, yet they survive with a glimmer of hope for their future
2nd game:
Dude lmao, everyone is a fren, fuck past conflicts amIrte xDDDD uWu, wat dis.. cute catzz.... ;DDDDD

Die in a fire, Nu-rena Net.

glad i jumped ship before the first expansion even hit
still got 2500 hours out of it

GW1 was actually good. I'll never forget adventuring through all the major campaign with just myself and my best friend and a bunch of henchmen(later heroes). It was like a glorified 2P co-op game but that's how I liked playing and damn it was a blast.

GW2 was just letdown after letdown. And holy shit the awful fucking writing. I didn't care about the world at all.

Attached: 143.gif (300x186, 446K)

GET WOKE GO BROKE

>tfw you mix n' matched your gear with parts from both factions

Attached: 1548049924022.gif (426x240, 2.3M)

Been in Tyria since the beginning.
>tfw no r8 drop EVER
RNGesus hates me, for real.

Zack, you wonderful bastard....
youtube.com/watch?v=JvLRWKZDgVM

What’s happening? GW2 is probably one of the best and highly rated MMO’s on the market, only butthurt GW1 players and WoWfags hate it.

>not going 15k Canthan
By the Emperor, you are a kappa...

Attached: Mesmer_Elite_Canthan_armor.jpg (328x900, 53K)

Mounts in WvW.

>let's make a roleplaying game without any roles
>what could go wrong :DDDDDDD
>what do you mean every fight is just the same fucking zerk and that character developement ends at lvl 20 yet the max lvl is 80 for no fucking reason
why anyone kept playing this trash for years is beyond me

How's your LDoA doing, Yea Forums?

Attached: gw151.jpg (628x1080, 265K)

Yea Forums is getting so boring, time to move on.
TIME TO JOIN THIS EPIC SERVER
Minimal rules, traps, fucked up admins.
=======
CODE: WCKR7XQ

Attached: cute_boy_with_gun.jpg (270x270, 13K)

>loved gw2 with all my heart for a few years
>still happy for bitter oldfags because I've been there before with other games
Truce?
What was your favourite thing about GW1 that you don't see any more?

Attached: 1407456892135.jpg (800x600, 283K)

GvG
End-game HM SoO, UW, FoW, DoA.
Both of those required SKILL.
Not some maya-maya mindless keyobard dick-slapping while in one big blob.

Attached: 123424566667.jpg (480x360, 21K)

How many people even still play this shit? I literally haven’t heard anything about it in years.

Burn in hell fucking sjw garbage

Attached: aEkDdLlX_700w_0.jpg (413x411, 11K)

>tfw my gw1 charr shirt is starting to show it's age
I've had that thing for over 10 years now

>game is called guild wars2
>doesn't actually have guild wars in it

Attached: 1541157681126.png (249x249, 79K)

youtube.com/watch?v=_hXn_iLE7_Q
That's where I want to be.... (gimme... gimme....)

sPvP takes skill though

Why do boomers hate GW2 so much?

>dude lmao just play bunker
>msot teammates are retards that cannot into objectieves
>Izzy's GW1 balance is 200IQ managing in comparision to "sequel" PvP balance
Besides, I've hit easy high-tiger with platinum rank on unironical PvE druid build.
It's shit.

Because it promised to be something that it wasn't.

The game will be right, I don't really see it dying off anytime soon. Despite the decline in popularity in MMO's in general each game still has their respective dedicated fanbase and whales to keep it afloat. If it means getting more slutty outfits for asura then I'm down for it. Who knows, maybe anet will pull a riot games and do a bit more pandering now.

Attached: 1547038036811.png (571x849, 221K)

youtube.com/watch?v=UEeDT928m5E

Attached: 1543927127871.jpg (1140x798, 140K)

Oh yeah, those were good too.
youtube.com/watch?v=G0kQICdlAIs
youtube.com/watch?v=q2vxNyxmP00

>REMEMBER ASCALON
>implying I ever left

Attached: gaynigs.jpg (519x100, 20K)

Based and pre-pilled.

kill yourself rat fucker people like you are the reason why gw2 turned out to be dogshit

Gas all midgets, furfags and leafs.

Attached: 1546560476565.jpg (738x669, 60K)

I got mine on a Mesmer a few months ago. Felt great finally finishing it after all these years. I remember back when I had to death level striders lol

Nice, I am thinking about 2 more character slots, lakcing rit and war
>each one 9,99 euro
Oh well, for old time's sake.

My dude, they were Turdicks and Suxons

Kurdicks, you ment.

>that 32 year old boomer who went kurzick for the shitty warrior armor that looked like a gay fat batman mech

FUCK

>Guild Wars 2
I am grateful for this game.
It what the final thing that made me absolutely immune to any kind of hype trains.

>Watch all the pre-release trailers
>Thief trailer released
>Holy shit running on rooftops
>Akimbo guns, fuck yeah
>Spinning Mid-air attack, god DAMN
>Stealing enemies powers from them TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY
>Game launches
>Buy game
>Jesus Christ thief sucks
>See other classes kill and survive 100x better
>forums: "baaaw thief op in pvp"!
>Thief nerfed even more

This game made me wait at least 3 months before buying anything.

Attached: 1512303997744.png (1080x1425, 604K)

>full version fucking nowhere to find
youtube.com/watch?v=sDWHNly2sao
Rot in Pieces, Machinima.

God damn, they used this fucking song for nearly every 00s game meme video. It's not even that funny comparatively to other Leary stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=yNoDdjwGs98

S. Fuck you for City of Heroes.

>guild wars 2
>assassin's creed 3
>diablo 3
>mass effect 3
>prototype 2
2012 was the year i learned to never get excited for sequels

Attached: 1546959853045.jpg (586x651, 55K)

Arenanet did not cause what happened to CoH. That was their shitty publisher NCsoft, who is now striking again.

It took them like four years to fix signet of agility. It never healed more than one condition regardless of how many people were near you. But thief got nerfed to shit every update with warrior getting buffed and people still have the nerve to complain about the class.

Daily reminder!
#VareshDIdNothingWrong
Praise Abaddon!
Instead of teaming-up with God of Secrets and God of War to kill dragons we get the shitty story of Kormir's ascension and I don't need you to tell how they treated Balthazar in 2nd game...

Attached: 1234365767878.jpg (754x864, 103K)

Nah I and others called them Turdicks as well

F

Also guess who is next?FFXIV

Attached: 1499833205674.png (1224x1466, 3.08M)

Last time I checked everyone was running a braindead condispam build. Also, the expansions completely fucked over any chance the game ever had at being somewhat balanced.

Good. GW1 was great, and GW2 has struggled to even implement basic features that still exist in the original to this day, while pandering to trannies and SJW whales that buy pretty sparkly cosmetics and le ebin mounts and legendaries. I fucking love Guild Wars, but I fucking hate GW2.

ANET received funding for lefty politics too?! Yikes this is all so disappointing

FF14 is still going strong. Shadow will probably sell more than HW or SB did. I wish it would die though since it's too evident now that Yoshi-P is killing the game and he said that he wants to bring back Eureka and Diadems with the next expansion.

>assassin's creed 3
>mass effect 3
You are a fucking retard if you liked Ass Creed in the first place and didn't realize how shit Mass Effect 2 was, fucking subhuman.

Attached: bea seriously.jpg (950x1023, 188K)

/comfy/

Attached: gw148.jpg (1920x1080, 1.01M)

I want to fuck an Asura

>Lineage 2
I never played much of that but I remember reading about the class trees and how there were lots of variations based on what race you picked. It seemed like a nice concept that I wish more games would do.

>still going strong
that's what they said about gw2 until today

I had a good run with the guild but I've barely played it since the expansion. It's really disgraceful that it took so long to implement guild halls, and only two. Among other things. Still no GvG, pvp's a joke, etc. It's a real shame. Anything's fun with good people.

>Play shit
>Expect shit
>Get shit
What's the problem here?
XIV isn't going strong, they're losing JP fanbase quick as shit and the only reason anyone gives a fuck about it in recent news is because there's an expansion in a few months. The game would be fucking dead otherwise.

GW2 was never going strong though. That should be evident to anyone who logged in. Not really the case with FF14. Public zones are still densely packed. You can easily gauge a playerbase based on how many people are idling in the main cities and BfA and GW2 were ghost towns while FF14 is not.

Romanceable Rytlock with dating minigames when?

Attached: rytlock.png (1000x563, 948K)

>Public zones are still densely packed
On Balmung and only Balmung.

I don't even play in NA and my cities are always packed with huge amounts of players during peak hours.

Me too, man
>Page for their gw1 merch shop is still up
>Every link is a 404 or redirect
Fucking shame

Attached: tshirt_charr2.jpg (300x302, 23K)

this
ffXIV is wow clone
ffXI was fanal fantasy with some mechanics from everquest

EU or JP?

All the events were pretty packed and you still run into people regularly in all zones. It's not terribly popular but it's not really dead either.

Hard to say about FF14, haven't played it. Might've if they hadn't designed the dragon race to look like shit.

Any word on how alive ESO is atm?

Attached: what could've been.jpg (1394x779, 111K)

It was EverQuest with some mechanics from FF.

Fuck FFXIV, fuck them hard

Attached: 1427420197856.jpg (1305x1253, 91K)

but it still was better
>Any word on how alive ESO is atm?
still greedy wow clone

EU.
ESO seemed to have a healthy pop, but it doesn't have several servers either so that helps. It just has one mega server for NA and EU players. But I haven't played the game since the Black Marsh expansion came out since it ruined my char build and now I'm just waiting to see what the Necromancer is like before I make a new char.

Ahh I remember how jelly I was when class-mate showed up in a t-shirt with Derv. I couldn't get my hands on that edition.

FFXIVCensus hasn't been relevant in months.

Exactly, ARR was pretty shit, wasn't it? Glad we're on the same page user.

What about Twitch?

Attached: 1518310379779.jpg (377x331, 48K)

>before the first expansion even hit
user, you missed out
the game was GARBAGE before the first expansion but after HoT became based as fuck
they actually went back and fixed a ton of things and then started adding quality content (albeit slowly) to this very day
you personally might not like the writing or the approach they're taking to balancing but it's honestly way more than anyone else can pretend to deliver

Fun fact: Every data center has it's go to server and a waiting room for the go to server.

Attached: 1545094096393.png (662x371, 18K)

ESO doesnt feel dead or anything thanks to megaservers, but the playerbase's enthusiasm seems pretty low based on cyrodil's activity and status

fuck this game and its "community"
>decide to try it out
>pick random class
>see players running around with bears and birds as pets
>decide to ask in chat which class gets a pet or do all classes get one
>hurr its called google
>durr let me google that for you
>hurdurrr hmm, maybe try reading the class descriptions?
yeah fuck them

What a sad life you live.

Attached: Capture.png (700x119, 10K)

Based Cantha having their own Rasse- und Siedlungshauptamt.

Attached: 12343456567.jpg (875x1280, 249K)

Mine isn't even in the top 3 of being the most active.

Also irrelevant, and clearly taken during fanfest. If you're trying to convince me of something you're going to fail. I've played this game for five years, I know all the bullshit you retards pull to try and play both sides of the field claiming it's dying or thriving based on whoever is currently the most butthurt.

Attached: ffxiv_10192018_031641.png (1600x900, 1.27M)

Well, did you read the class descriptions?
Sorry user, I did not play GW2 and I'm assuming that like normal games it would give you some basic information like that.

the fuck kind of crazy experience was that
GW2 is widely known for having one of the most overly friendly communities around

please note that if you got some random comment like "/wiki" that wasn't snark, that was someone being friendly enough to let you know that the game has a /wiki command that lets you search the official community wiki for answers

>being this much of a hipster
ME2 has its weakpoints but was by no means a shit game, it was an improvement from the original in a lot of ways.

>wahhhhh, why mommy don't spoonfeed me a 1 second google ;;

I'm glad people like you aren't playing the game, one less retard braindead casual in it

>how dare someone new try to play MY game
>h-hey guys.. why- why am I all alone?? Where is everyone???

FFXI is an incredible experience now though, pretty much the perfect example of horizontal progression. It's sad that some people still shit on it, but amusingly, FFXI's playerbase is actually RISING while XIV is falling to its death

Why does EU hate FFXIV?>

>Shadowbringers releases and brings sub count to a new peak
>"NO NOOO HOW COULD THIS BE HAPPENING BROS!?"

you're a delusional retard

>made it better
The story was dogshit, they compromised the aesthetic by making it more generic and they dumbed down the combat instead of fixing it.

That's what you make a tired gear treadmill where you're never motivated to push forward because you know the reset button gets hit every few months and then you do the same grind over again with nothing new or fresh added. Plus FF11 has actual utility skills/jobs. The way Yoshi-P dug the Job system in FF14 into such a strict Tank-DPS-Healer holy triangle is really stifling and even the most retarded people are beginning to wake up to that after the Red Mage and Blue Mage jobs were added. Well, less so for the Red Mage since retards were still easily bedazzled by the stylish hats.

>alone

Nice try scumbag casual, I WISH this game was as dead GW1, because this way there wouldn't be so many idiots playing it and ruining my fractals and raids.

If you ever play this to the end, you would know it is infested with the most absolutely genetic failures of humanity, which i don't blame them, since it was marketed to monkeys. The game is like 95% braindead autoattack spam casuals and i would be surprised if it ever shut down or die because of them, since they support every little shitty thing anet enables whales.

its also funny when you look at abyssea in FFXI, the content update that almost killed the game, and had the worst gear treadmill ever, was designed by yoshi p, so glad that they recovered from that shit and have delivered one of the best experiences out there

You're mistaking the mysteries presented in ME1 as a good story. Don't. The actual plot that takes place in ME1 is bad. The combat was shallow and bad as well. ME2 at least gave it some weight so that it at least *felt* good to play. As for aesthetic I won't go too much into that, it's a personal choice. I enjoyed the ME2 sci-fi aesthetic a lot more. It was slightly more generic, sure, but it was done better.

I only log onto GW2 for ERP. Sorry Arenanet. Unless you produce more slut wear I won't buy it.

Attached: 1545094052257.png (1280x1079, 1.53M)

>expansion is going to make FFXIV go from 200k subs to 1 mil
LOL

I didn't even know that about Yoshi. Man, I've been calling for his resignation since ARR. He revived the game but he's going to kill it again. Let someone else take the reins from here. But no. I'm not going to even bother to buy Shadowbringers. I only barely finished Stormblood and haven't resubbed back after finishing Shinryu.

Big balance patch coming up next week boys, hopes and wishes?

Maybe they'll fix Renegade to not be a functional mess.

It pleases me greatly that not only is the shitty casual version of my preferred MMO dead, but the sequel that killed it is dead, and that my obscure MMO that everyone calls dead is still getting meaningful content updates.

Attached: Eberron Unlimited.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

>FF XIV TORTANIC 2.0 HAHA FUCK YOSHI P

Attached: wojak.jpg (200x169, 7K)

WvW revival and I'm back.

I played XIV with a bunch of FFXI friends, we did coil and then all quit and went back to FFXI, this is a microcosm of XIV, you basically realize its a shitty gear treadmill and only erping trannies that want to glamour play it, keep coping though delusional retard

Apparently they're gonna be putting in mounts for WvWvW next patch too. Dunno how that'll work out though.

>Sex Dungeons & Dragon Dildos
>relevant
Do you walk everywhere with a plastic zipper lock bag filled with miniatures?

;-(

Attached: Althea's_Actors_Stage.jpg (1920x1080, 1.93M)

and it continued gaining new subscriber peaks with each expansion and still has a dedicated subscriber base, keep seething

GW1 is still up retards.

Why haven't they published sub numbers in a long time then?

Yup...

Attached: gw152.jpg (851x983, 365K)

Epic levels killed that game for me.

Still has the best world and visual design of any MMORPG to date, shame they did nothing with it and are just letting it die.

I stop caring when they added ascended gear. Fuck the grind and fuck them.

gosh I don't know maybe it's because an expansion is around the corner and they'd rather announce numbers at peak times? Wow that's really fucked up of them, I know there's no other MMO marketing team that would use that exact same strategy.

True, but after some time I just got sick of particle effects. It's like after they make a map they have someone to sit down and make the map all shiny.

This. The moment they added fractals whatever desire to play GW2 I had left completely vanished. It was such a fucking stupid grind.

It's not like ascended really matters unless you're doing hardcore fractals, the state difference between them and exotic is only 5%

The balance will be that half their team will get fired lmao BTFO

>waaaahhhhh you don't neeeed it!!!!!!

same old excuse. fuck off and die.

This. The HoT jungle maps are the best fucking maps i've ever played in in any game, especially with the Griffon mount + the dismount mastery

>It's like after they make a map they have someone to sit down and make the map all shiny.
You can disable the post processing, it looks like a shitty ENB preset at times.
The downside is that sometimes the post processing is done correctly and areas look worse without them, so you can't really win.

>balance patch
Expect nerfs to builds no one uses.
Expect thief and mesmer to be still #1

Why didn't they produce sub numbers a month after Stormblood dropped, then?

Fucking fix longbow and staff Guardian already.
>Nerf shit to oblivion
>Never fix them
Is that the only thing ANet knows how to do?

What's your name cutie, i only log for that too, mainly asuras as well

>gw2 cucks coming out of the woodwork trying to talk about their shitshow of a game because their general is fucking dead

I started playing a while after HoT got released. I joke to myself about how the world designers and artists did much better job at telling the stories than the writers themselves.

Last season was surprisingly good, though. They are apparently finishing season 5 but after that it's a question mark. Think it would've been a neat and fair story to set up conclusion in season 5 and it in one last expansion.

Attached: raptor-animaton.gif (300x297, 2.98M)

Disgusting.

TOP4 mmo is already dead.
TOP3 and TOP5 mmo are tremble in fear.
Who will die next? When? How?
I bet on FFXIV's death in 10 months.

Attached: 1458778956885.jpg (1784x2784, 671K)

>dead because a mentally insane NEET furry keeps botting the general and the Yea Forums administration is too dumb/lazy to build prevention against it
What bothers me is how nobody ever uses the same tactic to ruin boards otherwise.

Post your # user I promise you lots of slutty fucking! As long as your not some norn futa that is.

Attached: 1545111547636.jpg (609x914, 63K)

Many people here that shit on GW2 do so because they played the first and didn't get the sequel it deserved. Or got GW2 at launch and judge the game purely on what it was like at that time.
I think that A-net has been looking for a reason to let go of people since the incident a few months ago when a writer flung shit at a well known community contributor over some feedback.
They'll likely chop anything to do with:
e-sports - since thats a fucking joke anyway
business and publishing - merging with ncsoft, they have a shit ton.
narrative and writing- has already been declining since pre HoT and has only improved

I know they have 2 or 3 teams working on each living story, I wonder if they'll change them up to make it 2 teams but of only their best. They take 4 months for each one now anyway.
best outdated reference - wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_credits

Attached: Gw2 mordremoth.webm (800x450, 2.97M)

Create a general and you'll see exactly why it's dead.

All furfags shall perish!

Attached: gw155.jpg (858x1079, 494K)

Go to bed Rexxie

Attached: 1382675612645.png (240x181, 55K)

Because here we actually have some taste so we don’t like that anime looking garbagio.

Is this supposed to look impressive? It looks like any other chinkmmo.

Stay mad furfag, the only people that posted in /gw2g/ were furfags and waifufags themselves. I'm glad the bot nuked that shithole into oblivion.

How the fuck does one think this chinese game has better world design and visuals than the latest WoW expansions lol
Hope you’re enjoying your bloom

Sorry you have garbage taste lol

Except they're not.

except they are

Right now it has 2.5k viewers. This very second.

Was Season 4 any good?

Is that the weird sylvari guy who hangs out at lions arch whispering all the sluts with memes and stuff?

Except not.

No, it's supposed to show something different to whatever the game was when it released back in 2012

Attached: smug charr ascalon.jpg (1276x476, 376K)

I honestly really liked GW2.
The expansions were really fun to play through especially HoT due to the extreme spike in difficulty (Dragon's Stand was shit, though).

Are you trying to say XIV is a bad game? Everyone already knows that you fucking retard. Literally no one will dispute that except shitposters that don't even play the game, or worse, AFK in it.

From what I played of GW2 i enjoyed it, i do wish they added the old classes from GW1 into it, loved playing as dervish and paragon

Judging a game on twitch views is stupid. Half the people watch a twitch channel for the player, if the player entertaining then it doesn't matter what the game is.

Dragon's Stand is an event map. People tend to like it for that.

>we wuz Khan-urz
Langmar Langmar, can't you see...
Furfags and midgets needs to hang from the trees.

Attached: gw144.jpg (1920x1080, 526K)

World design doesn't only mean graphics, kid

If it didn't have that stupid shit nascar-tier segment it would be 10x better.

I play XIV, why the fuck would I EVER consider watching someone else play.

No, I'm saying you should stick a loaded shotgun in your mouth and pull the trigger to do the whole world a favor. We need one less retard in our world.

Lead by example.

There are more blighting pods on the bottom level that weaken the boss more when destroyed.

If the circle method hadn't been so ingrained in the minds of players, we could be doing that section much faster by securing the 6 pods and then camping the preserver spawns.

Ladies first.

Age before beauty.

Fucking unequivocal proof that we share this board with 11 year olds.

Fuckin' ladies first, goddamn, I feel like I'm back in middle school.

Are you honestly surprised by this? This place has been the dumping ground of edgy teenagers for nearly a fucking decade.

Gotta follow the commanders xddd

>tfw back to farming charr bags since the storage update

Then by all means.

What storage update?

Maybe if you removed the stick from your ass every once in a while and stopped taking Yea Forums so seriously. Fuck, you'd think this was ResetEra with trigged little snowflakes like you.

>>OH THE OLD DAYS THAT I NEVER EVEN SAW OF DIGNITY AND MATURITY ON Yea Forums.

Fuck off.

wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Feedback:Game_updates/20190205

I FUCKING MISS GW1 FUCKIGN ANET HAD TO RUIN IT WITH GW2 RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE

Attached: gw2asurastop.png (216x220, 39K)

Nobody is stopping you to play 1st game, faget.

*Laughs in GW1* go under nu-Arenanet

You're being awfully defensive. I wasn't upset at you, I was upset at myself.

Maybe you should take your own advice.

How the fuck did it take until for them to do something that's been in WoW, thanks to mods I'll admit, for years?

>old gw2 mates trying to get me to buy XIV
I don't even play gw2 anymore but why would I ever fall this?

Maybe you should go back to tumblr and post about how Yea Forums made you so sad.

Did you just call best ME shit?

Attached: highonchromosomes.jpg (630x583, 71K)

Ahh... It's one of those threads again huh? It's time for GW1 nostalgia again is it? God damn it, I wasn't supposed to cry today...

How much does the GW1 trilogy even cost nowadays and can I play through it solo with the henchmen?

Nah, I think I'll stay here, like I have. You could use a friend.

You could use some gasoline and a match.

When will we get a real GW1 successor?

Never.

Welp already invested in current storyline so I'll just log in and finish off the story when it's over. However I'll probably end it here and not continue into the next expansion.

>could've had GW1-like esports by now
>we get mobashit instead
I don't want to live in this timeline anymore

Attached: 4320758-portrait-of-scared-young-businessman-putting-gun-into-his-mouth.jpg (866x1300, 94K)

Is that /gw2g/ bot still going? Or has that fag been put down yet

Attached: 3A654FEA-322E-48C8-9978-FBC4AB98FD74.png (500x375, 271K)

>evident to anyone who logged in

GW2 is the only MMO out where you can log in and go anywhere in the world and see people talking in local and zone chat and actually working together

Say what you like about the game, but it's never had population issues.

I'm sorry for all those people losing their jobs, but good riddance to ArenaNet.

XIV is a ghost town even on Balmung if you ever leave a city.

And Balmung is so populated, they had to close off the server.

I highly doubt it, that kind of autism has no limits.

He's still going and literally cannot be stopped.

I wish i was that good with coding too, there's plenty of other generals on /vg/ that deserve to get nuked

How do you even find ERP in GW2 outside of guilds? Impossible to find RP with megaservers.

We tested it last week, it's still active.

Find an ERP clan.

I want to buy Strider a lego set so he has an outlet for his autism!

>final fantasy _xv_
>that description

this site seems to be a good source

>GW2 is the only MMO
Maybe try playing other MMOs than the zoomer games, tranny.

>mfw I just randomly felt like redownloading this game after not playing for years
>already started the download
>read this

Attached: 1544285277343.jpg (776x1216, 190K)

I have. Name one, you delusional cuck. Go on.

Attached: 1.jpg (789x110, 38K)

Story is garbage again after PoF's little improvements. Asuras solve everything, Joko is basically team rocket tier, the latest chapter is nothing but forced drama.
Map-wise there are two good maps, one that is decent and two mediocre ones. Rewards are always laughable unless you're doing the Istan farm or the Thundercock Dick meta. A new stat combination is available and it's actually good (berserker + boon duration).
Other than that episode 3 introduced a new mount that's Sanic gotta go fast tier.

storage pane is still 10 dollar s a pop
10 dollars to increase cap on mats by 250
also they increased the price on mercenaries on euro store

>K*taku
>Jason Schr***r
Linking this shit should be a fucking 10-day autoban

EverQuest.

God, GW1 PvP was perfection.

>We will be moving directly from Living World Season 4 into Season 5 as promised,
Biggest fucking shot in the foot and shittiest decision. People come back to the game because of expansions, new areas, new mechanics, new classes, maybe new races.
NOT FUCKING FANTASY TELENOVELA

Ye what are you gonna do about it kid? That's right, you won't and can't do shit about it. Stay mad, though

this is what happens when you hire retards like jennifer scheurle
get woke, go broke.
good riddance, retards

Attached: cunt.png (579x233, 16K)

Dragon's Stand is my favourite from HoT. At first I hated having to depend on the meta to access it but it's since grown on me.
This I agree with, though. It's easily the worst part of the meta.
ANet increased the price a bit if you live in Europe. I can't seem to find the thread anymore but I'm sure it's somewhere in the gw1 subr*ddig.

Ahead of its time for sure. The only real problem was how hard it was to balance, especially when the expansions rolled in.

How the fuck is that even possible? And all because some dumbass fag got kicked out of a guild how pathetic do you have to be to even do this let alone how assmad obsessed you have to be to rival Barney fags autism

Attached: 9E36465C-9F52-4051-A5E2-979A7CF83FBB.png (400x240, 57K)

fuck no
when the garbage living story shit happened everything was over
GW2 was literally only fun for world exploration, after that it became a virtue signalling wank fest

Good to see FFXIV kill yet another MMO.

Attached: 2b event.png (1199x1692, 2.15M)

>GW2 was literally only fun for world exploration
Every living story episode adds a whole new zone to explore though.
And the expansions added 4 and 5 each respectively, the latter also introducing mounts helping you explore.

Sorry cutie but I can't read your sign

did they update gw2 from using DX9 yet?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EU barely has half the population of NA, and they are still going to split the EU population.
Can't wait for the shitshow.

nope, still no dx10/dx11/dx12. still running on dx9.

even ffxiv manage to get a dx11 and proton port

Apparantly it's almost completely automated. It's not like he's actively scanning /vg/ for GW2 threads 24/7

Pretty based if you ask me, furfags and waifufags BTFO

Nerfs to Necro
Mesmer still gets nothing more than a slap on the wrist as most.

the reason for the NA/EU split is to balance the overall server load from crashing itself. You've seen what happened at Stormblood launch with raubahn ex and df servers going down due to too much load.

>Nerfs to Necro
Fuck you fag, get some condi removal if you're so asshurt

A new season might as well be a new expansion you dumb nigger

Do you even play the game?
Living world seasons are functionally completely different than expansion packs.
We're not getting another expansion after episode 6.
Which means no Tengu. No Cantha. No new classes or specializations.
We're getting more Taimi crying and whining and dead dragon daughter drama

No, I mean they will yet again unfairly nerf necro, despite it not warranting any kind of nerf

and nothing of value was lost

fucking arrogant retards forcing their dumbass living world bullshit on the game

>No Cantha
Literally what killed GW2 for me

Guild Wars 2 when

Yeah I do play the game and every episode in a living world season adds new zones dungeons raids and even game mechanics

That shit adds up episode after episode.

What's wrong with those? They're basically just regular content patches but called differently.

shitty boring missions with awful stories are awful content

Never

Attached: sad elonian.gif (375x283, 1.4M)

Nobody cares about raids except dedicated groups of high-end geared people, who long since abandoned the game
>even game mechanics
Name one. The only 'new' thing added in season 5 is the roller beetle mount.

i got infracted on their forums for asking why the game launcher utilizes my GPU more than the actual game.

>playing mmo's for their story
the only one to blame here is you

>when your GW2 developer would rather play FFXIV than their own game

Attached: excuse me it's m'am not sir.jpg (286x398, 47K)

>No Tengu. No Cantha. No new classes or specializations.
At least Holosmith was a high note for Engi

Attached: 1446521288175.png (679x889, 421K)

hey retard, the point im making is that the living world content was fucking story related and was therefore shit.

goddamn how are there so many people THIS stupid

>developers are only ever allowed to work on and use their own product

>She/her

To be honest playing games you developed feels kind of weird.

Thank god Square Enix doesn't hire trannies, they only hire nips and people willing to move to their office in Japan.

you're not making any sense, retard

Good shit, these cunts just banned me from Guild Wars 1 for two weeks cause my new characters name was Two Genders Only and some dude named Gorth in Kamadan said he was gonna report me.

I don't think this is appropriate for a public game developer twitter account.

Attached: gw2.jpg (892x2725, 547K)

Kek

this is what happens when your diversity hire employees spend more time virtue signalling on twitter and screeching about #metoo and sexualized fictional characters than actually worrying about their game.
S

>play GW2
>say white knight in map chat
DINGO DONGO BANNU

>play GW2
First mistake

Based
S

the only good content they delivered in recent time was firing that feminist piece of shit jessica price

>raid designer plays FFXIV and a retard acts like it's a bad thing
It's a good thing

>trans lesbian
wait so it's a dude with a dick that dresses like a girl but still wants to be in a relationship with a girl?

Attached: 125215.gif (500x278, 1.9M)

Attached: 1506533607682.jpg (1585x1895, 824K)

Attached: 1549898429993.jpg (653x349, 91K)

I work at ArenaNet and none of this would happen if we weren't in one of the most expensive cities in the world.

gw2 is incredibly profitable but not profitable enough to pay ridiculous salaries in Bellevue Washington. This has been a long time coming unfortunately.

Management should move offices to Kansas. We wouldn't need to lay off a single person and we'd live like kings on a lower salary there.

Attached: ergvfrgvfc.png (528x495, 578K)

who the fuck wants to live in kansas

Has the underwater dragon shown himself yet?

>Joko is basically Team Rocket tier
Wasn't he always? From the first minute your meet him in Nightfall, he runs away like a cartoon villain.

it was only a matter of time. it was a trainwreck in the making.

How many niggers are there in Kansas?

Kansas City? People who want to live like kings on a 70k salary.

>synchronized full party build crafting
>image is of the most generic bread and butter metacheese setup
I guess only Sabway is worse in that aspect

>tranny plays the tranny race

based

The 'cinematics' in GW1 (which were all just in-game dialogue renders with characters' mouths flapping) were fucking garbage dude
GW2 actually does them better lately

What? can i get a quick rundown?

but all the hip woke millenials are in seattle

Leak some interesting shit to prove you work there, faggot

even better they were originally a cat then they fantasia's into the tranny race

She's a shitty writer who wanted to tell story through cinematics as opposed to during gameplay.
I sure as hell would rather experience story happening as I play through it than watch a cutscene telling me what happened after the fight.

Assuming you're telling the truth, hows future content shaping up. You usually take about 3/4 months between episodes so is April the next big release?
Is guild wars 1 going to get more little updates? I loved going back in for the canthan new year and seeing Shing Jea full of people.

Leak something
What the fuck is happening with the last dragon

In GW2's case, i'd rather experience their story through a cinematic that i can skip instead of doing story missions where you spend 90% of the time listening to characters talk and doing nothing.

making other races than humans playable was a mistake

embarassing that people still care about/play gw2

GW2 has the best combat system I've ever seen in any MMOs. Fuck GCDs, static combat and all those shitty, garbage, 20+ years old mechanics that most MMOs still use to this very day.
Fuck GW1 vets, too. You're just as annoying and retarded as Pokémon's genwunners.

Attached: slash age.jpg (396x183, 44K)

>she still salty

Attached: 1533826146397.jpg (591x508, 72K)

apparently you have shit taste because the game is still dying heavily.

yes, spamming the same 5 skills over and over you've had since level 1 is an amazing combat system

Jason Schreier is actually pretty good nowadays.

Bot fills the thread with posts from random boards.

The skeleton crew (2 guys in their spare time basically) are gonna keep putting out guild wars updates because management is happy with the sales it brings in

Don't expect anything major for that game though. Next episode will release in April and heavily tease the naval expansion releasing Q3 this year in the middle of LW season 5. I'm a lorelet that doesn't work on LW so I couldn't tell you much beyond that. We have a water dragon though and it's a dragon stand tier encounter.

Fuck that bitch I'm glad she's gone.

>want to start playing again
>find all the classes really boring
>can't get back into weaver
I started a warrior and got to ~25 and already I'm bored. help

[Citation needed]
I'll take 5 good moves that combo well with my utility skills over 40+ useless ones that barely do anything.

This unironically.

No other mmo combat comes close.
The problem is the devs let certain game modes die on their quest to become an escort.

Imagine how different this game would be if they focused on making fractals like d3 GR system and supporting gvgs and where in general from the start.

Such a loss.

I don't still play, but i did enjoy the lore when I did

>be me
>played gw1 with good friends
>decide one day to get back on
>realize password isn't working
>old yahoo account - closed out due to inactivity
>can't access it anymore because amazing female CEO isn't running yahoo into the ground
>email customer support
give them info they need, including info I would only know about the account
>claims it isn't enough, needs info that has feels bad man

What do you think of MOBA combat? Most characters don't even have 4 actives in DotA.

How about fighting games?

But why

>/gw2g/ does its thing and gets its mix of game talk and avatar fags.
>One in particular stands out and spams his furry abomination
>becomes intolerable in both the NA and EU guilds
>told to stop
>gets kicked
>makes a bot to spam any thread on /vg/ which contains guild wars in the op
>spams by taking random posts and images from anywhere else on the site and replying to random other posts within that /gw2g/ thread
>discussion is made completely impossible as a result
thats the gist of it

Thanks user. Dragons stand is one of the best parts of HoT and tell those 2 guys that they're doing a fine job.
Dominion of winds & Cantha when?

all trash

Attached: 1525452428669.jpg (674x726, 165K)

What's an example of good combat in a game then? MMO of you can.

World of Warcraft. WotLK was the ideal period.

Don't even bother with this fucktard ; 10 bucks he doesn't even play games to begin with AND is a phone poster.

I wonder which company would dare hire this walking liability. At any moment she could be triggered by the slightest thing and go on a public tirade.
At the same her SJW fuckbuddies and white knights are trashing your company on Twitter.

You're gonna dig the boss encounter in this new expansion. The sailing mechanics kick as much ass as the mounts for PoF. Cantha hopefully 2021. We have no idea how we'll handle the open world urban sprawl.

I played wow the hardest during wotlk and there's no way wow ever came close to gw2s combat depth and fluidity

Attached: 1545169918701.png (593x580, 621K)

holy fuck how can you make a build this bad

Attached: too many banana.jpg (750x601, 126K)

No MMO has managed to ever have a class that comes close to the complexity of preHoT engies or dagger eles.

>WotLK was the ideal period.
lol kys faggot

Attached: 1464240376006.gif (640x480, 1001K)

>there's no way wow ever came close to gw2s combat depth

Attached: 1544450748096.png (400x380, 88K)

>running meta
>ever
hahahahahahaha
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
hahahahaha

As far as combat depth goes, WotLK was the ideal period, yeah.

You guys excel with movement and exploration so i'm sure you'll get it done.

Game and company was shit anyway.

>You're just as annoying and retarded as Pokémon's genwunners.
Except there's actually massive differences between GW1 and 2

k, enjoy being a worthless hipster

The only part of GW2 combat that has more depth than WoW is movement because you've got a roll with i-frames. Otherwise you're more limited in every other regard.
What part of GW2 combat is deeper than WoW, without reaching?

Pastebin that shit nigger

WoW combat right now is totally retarded, having like 3 skills useful in a rotation

I personally know two people who work at A.net and decided to play FF XIV in their free time because they hate their own game

Yeah because everytime I go home from work I go home and keep working.

Retard

I want to it to happen to xivg so bad. The thread's been unreadable for years. Some avatarfags have been posting their selfies every day in there for years.

i'll enjoy not rezing you, it's hilarious.

I can't speak to the game in it's current state, haven't played since HoT.
-Every class had multiple builds, most having viable Condi or physical.
-Every class had various ways to use their own combo fields.
-Dodges and heals on everyone meant that many fights could come down to player skill, especially when it came to knowing what to dodge and what to eat.
-some classes like engi or ele had very high skill caps especially depending on build.

most of the avatarfags in that general moved to infinitychan to avoid getting banned and have quicker post timers

Sadly this isn't the case. Not most. A few. The biggest offenders are still polluting /vg/

seething attentionwhore

Attached: waht.jpg (968x1296, 136K)

I'm looking at xivg right now and I barely see them. Compare to the fireden archives from last year where it was very apparent.

Come on man it's morning

That was the best warrior armour available and it was worth all the amber I got playing Fort Aspenwood like the winner I am.

I don't play either of those trash genres

>have fun exploring all areas and 100%ing the map
>no monthly sub so can hop on and off of the game at will
>never played GW1 at its prime so never got all the butthurt from old players

I've had fun with GW2 and its expansions i don't think its as bad as everyone makes it out to be and I think the exploration part of the game is better than any other MMO out there (though the main story is fucking garbage and probably the worst of all current MMO's and that's saying something).

Try eso

>it was an improvement from the original in a lot of ways.
Turning it into a cover based TPS was not an improvement.

I played FA to death, even as the game declined I was still one to frequent it.
I would be 100% ok with the game going F2P if it meant I could see life in even the smallest areas again.

>cinematic genuinely got me excited
>dragons are immortal world destroying forces of nature and this is about weathering that storm and trying to get out of their way while trying to put them back to sleep
>cities have to be hidden to keep the dragons from spotting them and just turning them to ash
then the reality
>LOL ITS A DRAGON LOL HOW WE KILL IT XD
>JUST SHOOT IT BRUH
>YUYYUEEEAAAAHHHH
the writing is bad. it's always been bad and now i realize that the people responsible are these tranny fucks who couldn't write a story about a guy breaking out of a paper bag with any authenticity.
oh and just to remind you cunts.
old lions arch was incredible. new lions arch is just like the tranny cunts who took over this game from our lad colin. soulless.

except he is right, gw2 combat beats wowshit

youtube.com/watch?v=f2plRTzSrY8
this got me so excited... why do i believed video game companies?

FA is actually still pretty active during weekend nights.
JQ is filled with bots sadly.

It was okay, but the real reason to go Krapzick in early Factions was a repeatable quest that you could do in a few minutes and turn in for amber, then go sell it off for almost whatever you cared to ask.
I pretty much lived off the fat shekel stacks I made on that rush for the rest of my time in GW1.
Otherwise, it was Luxon for life. LIVE FREE OR DIE.

I've played the shit out of both and it definitely doesn't. In GW2, you typically have 1/4 of the abilities that you do in WoW, and they're designed so the gameplay is spammy, floaty dogshit. There's a reason it's a fucking completely dead joke of a game.

Speaking of NCsoft, what’s up with Blade and Soul? Used to love the combat but hated the story and progression system. Never see any more threads about it on /vg/ though.

Attached: 3F8E65CC-8E0E-4F5D-89FC-1945FA2D126E.jpg (2048x1200, 336K)

Remember that long long period where nobody ever went to Jade Quarry so you couldn't explore it and get 100% map completion?
The first time I actually got to play JQ it was just 15 guys running around hugging the walls not attacking anyone.

You say nights, is that UK or US hours?

base Luxon armor was better for girls

Are they both trannies?

>he prefers to stand in place like a retard and press skill buttons
stay there shitter

City of Heroes also had a dedicated fanbase keeping it afloat. Always remember who really holds the power.

>>he prefers to stand in place
not sure who you're quoting, retard

UK hours, but there's probably some overlap

fuck off faggot, enjoy standing in place pressing 1,2,3 in that order

Stay mad, WoWfag. FFXIV is going strong and it's the best MMORPG out there at the moment which isn't saying much

another garbage kMMO grinder trying to bait people with action combat and cute girls

>lesbian trans woman
What's the point?

Attached: alexjonesimage.jpg (310x240, 13K)

in wowshit all you do is stand in place and spam skills.

wrong

Good.

Maybe now we can go back.

Attached: 1491953724765.jpg (1600x1200, 1.03M)

>dev team full of trannies produces garbage
!!

Attached: 1543457772949.jpg (228x257, 24K)

>Every class had multiple builds, most having viable Condi or physical
I don't really think this is a valid point when it comes to combat depth, improved build variety is a bonus from a gameplay perspective but it's not an increase in combat depth.
>Every class had various ways to use their own combo fields.
I am honestly not all that sure what this means
>Dodges and heals on everyone meant that many fights could come down to player skill, especially when it came to knowing what to dodge and what to eat.
Current WoW has healing as well. It only really changes the meta of the game and I don't think it's added any meaningful depth or made combat more enjoyable. Rolling of course is something that absolutely does increase depth.
-some classes like engi or ele had very high skill caps especially depending on build.
I'm not familiar with engineers or elementalists so can't really give an opinion.

My main issue is that GW2 artificially introduced variety by limiting your choices (akin to Diablo 3) whereas before (Cataclysm?) WoW gave you all the same utility no matter the specialisation with talent trees altering your role and combat style and not choosing between skills you should have by default.

played wow since launch till cata. I am right

>America keeps hiring talentless hacks to make videogames for some reason with bloated budgets and insane sales expectations
>China sits on the sidelines until the inevitable downward spiral of company value hits a new low
>Buys them out and replaces them with Chinese bugmen making mobile games for dummies to make a quick buck

this is how the vidya industry dies

Attached: 1548149771561.jpg (256x256, 16K)

I've played from launch til BFA. You think GW2 has depth.

What a shit game
>Died before SWTOR
LMAO

Attached: Darth Malgus pounces.jpg (1600x944, 200K)

Those guild halls were so fucking comfy in GW1

I don't think Koreans are going to sell out to the Chinese

>I don't think Koreans are going to sell out to the Chinese
or make good games

wow lost all it was after wotlk

TOR another pile of EA trash that has been on life support since day 1

Regarding combos he is talking about for example

Engis blasting their own water fields 2-3 times for mass heals
Wars either leaping into their own fire fields to get fire auras or blasting them for might
Engis or eles keeping 20+ stacks of might up constantly by blasting their own fields

Many such cases, literally every class has a multitude of such combos the can do solo, let alone the combinations that can arise in team situation.

I thought that was implied

Nice, I know what i'll be doing tomorrow night.

-uck you

GW2 is an absolute trash "game". A literal skinnerbox with no content beyond skins and cosmetics. All the hype and trailers were lies.
Die in a fire.

Attached: 1527526184047.jpg (639x621, 177K)

Not be a disgusting nigger like you. Easy, feels great!

Latest addon came out 2 months ago. Seethe more, tranny
youtube.com/watch?v=ScPjMY6ZutI

Attached: star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-concept-art.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 159K)

Wasn’t SWTOR the game that went F2P almost the same year as it was released? Lmao

The TORtanic was the most hilarious failure ever

>b-but the star wars fanbase alone will already make the game a massive success!
Lmao BTFO

it's still a shitty fucking game on every level

Aug 29, 2015 - Today we're happy to announce that the Guild Wars 2 core game is available for everyone to play for free

GW2Trannies are mad because fucking TORtanic is a better game

that's 3 years after launch. SWTOR went F2P less than a year after launch

GW2 is also a shitty game but I'm not going to start praising SWTOR because another game is a trainwreck.

ArenaNet deserves to get skullfucked as hard as possible. So I'm just tickled.

Stop with the dumb trolling. It's a historical fact that TORtanic literally killed MMOs in the west and made Yea Forums truly an awful place always waiting around for the next big failure.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y42qQlkK0Us
youtube.com/watch?v=o9C9OKMyZng

Maybe if it went F2P first year, it would've been alive today

I bet it still has like 5 times the active players as SWTOR, though

Are people still acting like gw2 is a good game? That shit was all just marketing spin and no substance.

user are you ok? GW2 is still pretty active.
Marketing spins don't last for 7 years.

true

Attached: 1526367582760.jpg (429x959, 118K)

>Marketing spins don't last for 7 years.
??? they just add more and more marketing spin. don't be daft.

>GW2 is still pretty active.
Yeah, its the most active game after WoW, FF14, Runescape, ESO, Black Desert, Tera and BnS

>Jessica Teddy Croft was one of ArenaNet's game designers
>was
what happened to that qt?

Attached: 1550018064551.jpg (720x1280, 214K)

Wasn't Tera shutting down and Black Desert only praised for the character editor.
You got any numbers for those games?

I think they're trying to be a streamer, but only with Granblue Fantasy for some reason

she getting her peepee snipped off?

Attached: 1533512094325.jpg (594x623, 55K)

autism to the level that is rarely seen across Yea Forums

>SJW game
How does anyone thing that? The one sjw that sperged out on a customer was a new hire and was fired immediately along with the white knight who defended her, hell they have been writing the gay characters out of the story and even made the climate change metaphor from the beginning of the game more gray.

This game was the best during the 1st expansion when they made the world actually pose a threat, but the GW1 boomers whined it was too hard

I preferred it when the goal was to kill climate change by stabbing it

>climate change metaphor from the beginning of the game

What was that?

>they
Stop, you zoomer fuck.

S

>Mounts in WvW
will they be as bad as gliders or worse?

Attached: keel.jpg (207x308, 30K)

-that one skank that was fired for insulting customers and then ran to kotaku and polygon to cry about sexism

honestly, nothing she says or writes in regards to Paizo or ArenaNet has any kind of value.

Gliders ain't so bad but whew imagine chasing down those non PoF owners.

It's mount, singular; specific to WvW where you unlock it but apparently usable in PvE. It has what looks like the jackal's movement skill and a maul attack to engage. It also can damage gates somehow with a different skill which obviously wouldn't be very useful in PvE.
Anyone without PoF will be absolutely fucked and won't be able to run with groups that use the mounts every single second they can.

Wish someone did it to /xivg/ to clean that cancer up.

ty mike.

Attached: 1540786700110.jpg (588x220, 24K)

>move to a red state when the majority of your team is liberal

>2v2 on desert borderland
>kill one, turn on the last guy
>lel i'll just walk off this cliff and activate muh glider
yeah no, they suck
not to mention they downplay the cool niche builds like snowfall runes

I saw the trailer. Mount speed seemed higher than normal swiftness speed, but don't think they showed off the movement skill (if they have one).
They could be OKAY if they offered some sort of mount vs mount/easy dismounting of other people, but it's pretty apparent they'll just turn into a tool to zerg around with a commander and blast down gates with 40 mounts.

loved the story and Jinsoyun an actual good female villian unlike GW2

Even Runescape is better than tranny-XIV.

Are you that fucking dumb? GW2 made $70m during the 2018 year, how much did SWTOR make?

>"We can confirm that due to the cancellation of unannounced projects, ArenaNet will make staff reductions," the statement reads. "This is part of a larger organizational restructuring within NCSOFT in the west, but the Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 game services will not be affected, nor is any upcoming game content canceled."
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-02-21-arenanet-reportedly-bracing-for-mass-layoffs
I don't know why I'm even bothering. You dumb niggers are here just to screech and blurt out stupid shit.
GW2 is shit, but it isn't dead.
You're all retards.

BC had the best raids, MoP had the best class design. WotLK is irrelevant outside of Ulduar, and Ulduar was surrounding by a fucking Naxx rehash and ToC. WotLK was the first expansion that started contributing to the downfall of WoW.

Hence the downsizing, Blizzard triggered the tranny purge this shit has only begun.

>record subscriptions
>higher expansion sales than expected
>new players on several servers
yeah nah, it's actually one of the strongest in this dying genre

hmmm

I was hoping I'd see GW3 with Guild Wars 1 combat and character building but Guild Wars 2 world design.

>Guild Wars 2 world design.
yes, give me more neatly fitted rectangular zones with exploration reduced to a checklist

GW2 was never good, this game honestly I enjoyed my first 1-80 progression and on a second character but the pvp was imbalanced to all hell and back and they fucked up the esports thing day 1. This game could have been THE game but they didnt listen. Not once, such a shame as I put time into it. Oh well, another death in the genre. FFXIV and WoW are next on the chopping block. Its time for someone to make an actual good MMO. None of this casual nonsense.

>fired useless employees = dead game
how did you end up with this conclusion?

everyone working on GW2 is useless

The game which killed the last vestiges of my ability to be excited about upcoming releases.

This vengeance is not satisfying, though. I don't want them to suffer, I just want my innocence back.

There's a reason why MMOs became like that, people just don't have time to play them as much as before. Audience for MMOs is just getting older as children have hero shooters,BRs where they can waste their time.

>people dont have the time to play anymore
>WoW in 2004 mainly played by 20-40 year olds that worked 40 hour weeks
You have some explaining to do, that argument doesn't hold up. Explain to me why there were millions of subs to WoW in 2006 when people worked 12 hour shifts and hardcore raided. Sure their marriages fell apart but they did it. You need to support why the modern man has less time to play when he works the same hours as they did then in 2006.

one more game rejected

Attached: d3k6Si9.png (1200x800, 1.37M)

Did Rift R.I.P. too? I had a good time with it in the beta and the first expansion.

>abandon traditional quests for hearts, 99% of which consist of kill 10 boars and pick 10 weeds.
This will never not make me mad. They have perfected the art of homogeneous mapmaking. Every single fucking zone plays exactly the same.

It has under 5000 players remaining

>RIFT dying
>TOR dying
>GW2 dying
>WoW dying
How is FFXIV doing?
They all need to die.

correct.

>How is FFXIV doing?
FFXIV is unfortunately still successful enough that it's what's keeping Square afloat despite it's string of shit games

guys dont worry APB is doing a battle royale were all saved btw

Attached: 1543237254611.jpg (293x236, 30K)

>GW2 is shit, but it isn't dead.
of course it isn't, they're axing all those staff precisely so it can stay alive. That doesn't mean that the company is healthy or doing well. It means they have to axe a huge number of employees and scale back what they were doing. This means mismanagement, or lack of growth. Neither is good given GW2 getting long in the tooth. How much longer can they live off it?

>APB is doing a battle royale
THAT GAME STILL ISN'T DEAD!?

Attached: 1403557750417.gif (480x270, 639K)

>ywn 55 monk/SS necro farm with your bro ever again

Attached: Etnaran_Keys_map.png (352x256, 118K)

Is not a time thing, people have more options when it comes to shit to do on a PC compared to a decade ago.

Work a 9-5 have plenty of time to game its just modern games kinda suck. I spend time in other hobbies due to how shit things are getting in gaming but I still play shit just not like I used to, it was never a time issue for me.

doing pretty well, and the upcoming expansion will probably buoy it for a good while