Does Yea Forums have some sort of official guide to gaming headsets?

Does Yea Forums have some sort of official guide to gaming headsets?

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (600x600, 58K)

the more advertised the worse they sound

Guide: don't buy them

Gaming headsets are a hoax, for the most part. They can be an OK "jack of all trades" offer that can give you an ok headphone with a barely ok microphone, but it's not the best option and it's not worth paying for price-y gaming headsets when you can get the same amount of quality (or even better) with half of the price by buying just a good headphone.

Also most of the job is done by in-game software like Dolby Atmos, although a good pair of headphones will definitely help, especially open headphones.

Actually, yes we do, here it is...
>buy real headphones from a proper sound company instead of poorly made meme ‘gaymer’ headphones from a company who know nothing about sound.

Here's an image from /g/ on the subject.

Attached: 450px-1320020147396.png (450x600, 172K)

>gaming headset
LOL

Ignore everyone else this is all that matters.

forgot to attach image like a newfag

Attached: Annotation 2019-02-22 060130.jpg (807x791, 156K)

this image is terrible advice, desk mics are awkward as fuck to use for gaming purposes,and will likely get in the way. Instead, use a lapel mic, like a modmic or something.

pretty much this
the best quality headsets are sold on word of mouth, like most things
advertisements only work on idiots so things that get advertised tend to be overpriced and underperforming, so smart people avoid them

Heres my guide: try as many as you can and buy the one you like the most.

iirc, the full image of that tells you to buy a cheap mic that comes with in-ear phones, take the the in-ear, and tape it to your headphone with an adhsive velcro.

I already know all the hardcore Yea Forumstards are going to trash me but I use Logitechs meme headset and it’s the best headset I’ve ever used. I just wish there was a way to turn the lights off to extended the battery life. I bought my first one from Best Buy a few years ago and have been trading them in for a new one under their extended warranty every year or two for just the cost of the warranty ($15 I think) even though there isn’t anything wrong with them. I’m on like my 6th one.

pretty sure that's a separate image that is just sometimes combined with that older one

What exactly do you want out of it? Cheap mics with good sound are everywhere. I'd rather recommend getting an actual headphone with good sound and then by a clip-on mic.

NEVER. BUY. BEATS.

They are always worse than the competition in the same price range.

stax

>beats by dre
>not sleek by 50
come on son

Attached: 50_cent-news-article11813.png (1024x948, 803K)

What about just headphones?

go to /g/ go to headphone fags if you want 50 and up kit, or got to chinkshit for 50 and below. you then buy what ever mic you want really.
i got the Logitech wireless ones, battery dies, or won't charge becomes usless cause the rma one does the same thing.

source on this?

If you're going to buy a headset buy a Hyperx Cloud 2. Though it'd be smarter to get some proper cans and a modmic. You'll probably want closed back headphones if you go the later route so the audio doesn't leak into your mic. On-board audio for input and output is generally pretty shit, so having a DAC for your headphones, and some sort of adapter for your mic would be good. FiiO E10K or 02+odac are good choices for DACs.

bump