Starsector

Starsector

Yesterday a modder and his mod were banned from official forums because the dev was no longer comfortable with presence of the modder.

Mod's name is NGO.

> Please note that this is not a blanket issue with mods depicting fascist or otherwise objectionable factions. Rather, the issue is 1) the presence of numerous direct references to real-life nazi figures, organizations and so on in the original version of the mod, and 2) Ahne's recent use of language that echoes nazi slogans.

> in the original version of the mod
as in, all references have been scrubbed from the mod, presumably due to pressure from forum mods

Modder's last post is in this thread that will die soon: fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9402.300 asking people to stop attacking him

Attached: firefox_2019-02-22_13-10-26.png (569x311, 305K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=define ignoble
timesofisrael.com/germany-agrees-to-88-million-more-for-holocaust-survivors/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i am going to bump this for more discussion

What the fuck, Ahne got banned?

I wasn't aware Alexd was such a SJW

Yes. And basically every established modder is applauding the decision. A sad state of affairs for Starsector.

Alex admits that he doesn't know what is in the mod and just banned the guy for this statement

>Ok guys, we will see us and don't forget: "Purge the degenerated scum from this Sector!" Wink

I'll post some pictures from mod-dev discord to keep the thread alive.

Attached: unknown.png (524x575, 330K)

Attached: screenshot500.png (1280x768, 777K)

Attached: x4ImOpC.png (629x504, 464K)

bampu

Attached: JUwfwYq.png (774x604, 660K)

So he got rid of an awkward fucking weirdo.

So what?

so it's a sad state of affairs that you get banned for voicing an opinion

Attached: einsof.png (412x660, 357K)

Interstellar Impreium is being remade with different style for all ships.

Attached: 73YnmoA6RFeqVGT-yRZeBw.png (193x251, 42K)

Attached: unknown1.png (754x441, 382K)

rest in peace lil nigga

Attached: 1466951818723.png (255x266, 35K)

Attached: pulsehullmod2.png (1280x768, 623K)

Attached: unknown.png (330x281, 83K)

Attached: hullmod.gif (640x480, 3.75M)

Attached: image0.png (1920x400, 887K)

good it was a unimaginative shit mod anyway

That's most of them. The one that got banned didn't get banned for being unimaginative.

Attached: allship.png (1620x1100, 1.88M)

Attached: never ever.png (227x19, 1K)

no, he was banned for bringing his autistic virgin politics into the mod and spilling all over the forum

>spilling all over the forum
One single line in his own thread of his own nazi-themed mod?

Attached: hightechgemini.png (184x186, 41K)

Attached: unknown.png (1054x832, 408K)

>Bring politics
He deserved it

Is filling game's tip of the day system with "kill all facists" and "blumpf" not politics? Because a mod does this and everyone's perfectly happy with it.

It's pretty shitty, but it's Alex's forum. Unless he codes some kind of trigger that disables mods with nazi-related content I'm not going to get too upset over it.

Anything political should be removed.

That's a dumb stance to take considering how many idiots think literally everything is political. Remember, you're not the one who decides what is and isn't political, and some would even argue that your stance is political in and of itself.

I don't care if some autist might interpret every single word as political, if your content has blatant direct links to nazism or lmao drumpf then it should be removed.

Why exactly is it that you are not allowed to make a mod expressing your political views and share it with like-minded people using the section of the forum designated for sharing mods?

And with this standpoint you also have to concede that state of affairs is sad on starsector since other modders explicitly admit that their mods are political and nothing is done to them.

I hope you're trolling, if not then I feel for your parents.

before/after

Attached: 198WnT4KQBq6WdSW6TW5gg.png (474x259, 131K)

The earlier look slightly more polished but the latter has potential to look better

I personally think the right looks a lot more polished. Which one is ultimately better I don't know, this might be a case of soul vs no soul.

Look at the engine assembly, it has a lot more detail than the right one.

Personally I didn't like the imperium, all their ships felt overpowered

You'd have to be dense to think that a forum would remain civil under those conditions. Politics on the internet will always spiral out of control into a complete shitstorm. From a business standpoint it's best to remove any ties your product might have to any political agenda, especially for such a tiny company.

kys

People are entitled to an opinion. People aren't entitled to to have people not disagree to the point of exiling them from public space. Removing a modder because his shit echoed fascism is a little asinin though.

>From a business standpoint
I mean you are not even pretending you are not on customer's side anymore so I'm not sure what else to say.

For all we know, Alex may have asked the guy to tone it down to no avail. Regardless, the dudes mod is uninteresting garbage.

I literally just told you. Do you want the forums to be nothing but political shit flinging and no actual mods being posted because the entire place is drowned out by this garbage so all the real modders have left long ago? I guess you really are just dense.

>People aren't entitled to to have people not disagree to the point of exiling them from public space.
I understand what you're saying, but this then becomes
>they're not entitled to not losing their jobs over their opinion
>they're not entitled to not being fined over their opinion
>they're not entitled to not being jailed over their opinion
And I know that's a slippery slope argument, but that's what ends up happening.

I don’t play the game, but Im not seeing a problem,the official dev board is full of bitches.

There’s nothing wrong with making bad guys or assholes, but it’s still their forum.

They don’t deserve this guy. No shortage of other moddable games or even companies to do this for.

Who cares?
New update when?

Letting people have their own threads with their political mods is not going to lead to whole forum succumbing to political shit flinging, and you are dense if you think it will.

Never use NGO so who cares. The last shipset for Starsector I really truely liked was IFED and thats been dead for years.

Kind of like how nobody talks about politics outside of /pol/, right?

There is only one sentence from the author:

>Ok guys, we will see us and don't forget: "Purge the degenerated scum from this Sector!" Wink

This is what alex banned him for.

There are few posts from him after this defending his viewpoint in calm and reserved manner, responding to people actually hurling hate at him.

???

Talking about politics is allowed here.

Hey at least the retards are self-aware enough to realize they're degenerated scum and be offended by it.

No it isn't.

I dunno mate, you tell me about the state of Yea Forums at the moment, where every random japanese game who get slighlty less underage tits for the western audience get blamed on "commiefornia" and half the threads are about "SJW in my videogames". I mean it had to start somewhere and without shitting on /pol/ who, I think, aren't that big of an issue by themselves, I do think that mods and jannies should have been more strict on this kind of stuff because it's really harming the quality of conversation around here.

Yes, it is.

No, it isn't.

>47 replies
>12 posters
Stop repeatedly bumping your own thread, clearly no one else gives a shit
You've wasted two hours of your life already, go do something else

And the blame is deserved. You don't magically reverse that by mentioning /pol/. The quality of conversation has never been high on Yea Forums, but it was always free of political moderation, which is the only redeeming quality Yea Forums has compared to other forums (and that quality makes it few heads above any other).

>Stop repeatedly bumping your own thread
or what

Or maybe they know how things went last time people hurling that kind of rhetoric got into power in a major country

Attached: 1528011704911.jpg (1000x824, 710K)

They were stricter though, I remember a lot of suppressing going around during gg and that's why the big exodus to full cripple channel happened. As it so happens, you can't really suppress it forever because the medium is a major part of culture and very interlinked with the political climate.
A lot of very passionate people feel like their hobby is under attack by outsiders and want to voice their opinions, if only to vent.
Heck, even this post got eaten 3 times for "spam" because of filters still in place from that time.

The modder should just make his own game. Why would you let someone else profit from your work? Patreon and shit exists now, you don't need to make mods to get exposure so Valve will buy you out.

>Cool a starsector thread
>just political shit
lol

saged ;)

Or nothing, your crime (that you care so much about this utterly banal, insignificant bullshit) is its own punishment

Yes I'm sure this Starsector modder will become president and start another kristallnacht any day now.

You can talk about starsector if you want. I've been posting screenshots from mods devs to get the discussion going.

Well, I will proceed then. Go ahead and fantasize about me suffering from this hypothetical punishment of yours.

Attached: itmmgu9j.png (711x259, 188K)

hopefully this is the end of this stupid saga and NGO stays dead

I don't know anything about this game, but from the brief description I found
>The Domain of Man is no more. Their countless fleets and innumerable armies have been shattered and lost. The comforts of their civilization are a distant memory. Cut off from the Star Gate network and scattered in isolated pockets throughout the galaxy, humanity is trying to recover from the great Collapse.
then, pretty much every one of these "isolated pockets" that are "trying to recover" should be fascist.
Barring that, having ONE fascist state makes complete sense. Look at Stellaris, for example. Made by the SJW Swedes who shoved a "women in history" dlc into one of their previous games that you can't refuse to download, and they have fully fleshed out Militarist, Xenophobic, and genocidal elements in their game, alongside the pacifistic, xenophillic, and self-genocidal elements of Sweden.

Obviously that's unlikely to happen, but Alex has every right not to want that ideology expressed on his forums.

Attached: 1549051385473.png (768x640, 771K)

I sent a tip to the guy who took the reins on the mod to upload it to nexus.

For that to happen he needs to scrub it clean of all non-NPC opinions however

Exactly, you can even bombard planets in this game, resulting in the deaths of hundreds of millions of people, but as soon as a character portrait has a moustache in the wrong place is suddenly "reprehensible"

No one here said they have no right to do this. Why do people keep bringing this up?

This makes the mod decision even more fucking retarded.

Just because he has a right to it doesn’t make it the right move, or the right thing to do.

Your pol is showing bud. Do you think Paradox is all SJW Swedes? They couldn't give a fuck, they care about what sells and about PR. Stellaris has genocide and racism, just as Imperator will have enslaving and character murderfucking.

EU4 has recently added the expulsion of minorities to colonies, CK2 has shit like sibling marriage being divine in Zoroastrianism or a reformed pagan religion or murdering infants to further your goal, or kidnapping women to force them into concubinage.

The SJW stuff was pretty much bait to gather some good boy points with the journalism scene, Paradox is growing and has to keep its image clean.

I would love if that was the truth. Personally, I have no idea what is happening at Paradox. You say they are pretending for press, but pretend long enough and you will become it. Not the person you replied to.

>stopping a political shitshow on a games forum (because people are understandably upset about an ideology that may advocate killing them) and naziboo glorification is the wrong thing to do

Attached: 1527718140566.jpg (896x1227, 272K)

He has the right to both not want it and the right to censor it, yes.

It is the wrong thing to do.

Meanwhile various bandit/anarchist/commie factions are OK.
Why do these retards think that you share the views of the faction you create in a fucking vidya mod?
Should I be banned for making a, let's say, Mordor faction for a Total War game? It doesn't make any fucking sense.

Now if only they could make Stellaris' gameplay not absolute shit. And maybe cut down on all the DLC jewing.

I would say that sharing the views of the faction you create is not a good reason to ban you.

Anarchists have never done anything wrong though.

Looting and pillaging?

It's unethical to infringe personal freedom. Morally you'd be in checkmate.

Except all that terrorism and assassinating they did last century, and the one before that.

>pretend long enough and you will become it
Nah, companies nowadays have 'become it' because they hired SJWs for good boy points, who then try to further their agenda more and more. Look at Bioware as a clear example. They turn everything into 'political' stuff and then complain about your games and mechanics not being inclusive enough. Paradox, thankfully, hasn't done that yet. Their fanbase also never complains about these matters, which is added value.

Stellaris has pretty trash gameplay, I only play it for roleplay or to curbstomp the AI. DLC jewing will never go because it's earning Paradox a TON of money, it's the only reason they're pushing out so many games. A few years ago they only had EU4 and CK2. Now, apart from those two still being in development, they also have HOI4, Stellaris and soon Imperator. Their crew has increased a lot too. That can only mean that they're doing well financially and are constantly growing.

If the mod author has a Soviet pioneer avatar and starts a shitshow with heavy Soviet references and references to purging degenerates/kulaks/whatever then moderation might also be sensible.

This is some dumb shit. It's a fictional faction in a mod. Aint real nigger.

So what you're saying is that Bioware DID "become it", in your own terms. You're a fucking retard.

Fucking really?
Oh well, at least we have 5 million shitty kitbash mods to play around with, right?

>Paradox, thankfully, hasn't done that yet.
Ah, but it has a delayed effect. You hire them, they hire more, and when there is a critical mass, the company transforms. just because it didn't happen doesn't mean it can be averted.

you do realize this thread is about politics and it's being discussed and not being removed

braindead fucking retard

It was entirely morally justified.

>we gud boyz we dindu nuffin
Literally niggers.

>used to be a regular denizen on that forum
>actually sparred with the featured spergs over other shit
Absolutely not surprised they're involved.

Attached: 1464452971885.png (480x480, 116K)

No, I implied they became it for DIFFERENT reasons. Learn to read.

It may or may not happen, there is nothing that ensures that it will happen at all. My suggestion is to enjoy what you currently have as we have no power over what the company will do in the future. Unless you invest into them then pull out when they start going full SJW catering.

Yeah, it looks like there's a bunch of safespace spergs who go raid stuff they don't like. Hate those people.

>Except all that terrorism and assassinating they did last century, and the one before that.
In other words, they did nothing wrong

Attached: 1527485895733.jpg (632x415, 46K)

Furry weebniggers can't defend their lifestyles so they attack anyone pointing out how deranged they are.

The thing is Ahne did no such thing, it's just the perception of being insulting that made them buthurt

Where the FUCK is the blackrocks update

>we gud boyz
Unironically yes.
>we dindu nuffin
Not the case.

After spending some time in the forums I am absolutely not surprised.
Both the users and mods in that shithole are such thin-skinned poofters I was fucking amazed that they're able to function in real life.
Shame about the mod. At least it wasn't another fucking Onslaught/Paragon kitbash.

>start ww1 which makes communists able to sieze power in russia while also indirectly starting ww2 along with the post war effects those wars have given us INCLUDING THE BANNING OF THIS MOD

>gud boi

Pardon. Crypto-niggers it is.

the same applies to nazis :^)

>spilling all over the forum
oh fuck you, that is NOT what happened at all. it was purely contained to it's own mod thread and anything outside of that was complaining from others

Man, are you even trying not to sound like a sjw?

Gee I wonder why Yea Forums is where you went to air your grievances over this decision. Man if only I had an understanding of the kind of moronic shit-heel that now drags their knuckles all over this board, then maybe I could discern your motivations. I sure hope it's not because you want to brigade against this forum you're complaining about, that would be terrible.

Attached: 1449629859348.png (547x621, 418K)

>Appeasing one side and letting it fester with no opposition is a-ok because they have no on to clash with
Sure thing NKVD

I love the Onslaught!

Yeah, how dare people discuss video game related things on a video game board?

Attached: 1539105808264.png (478x523, 14K)

>Yea Forums - Video Games

Attached: 1506358730411.png (886x1389, 2.55M)

Just don't post WRONG opinions

You might as well blame Franz Ferdinand's mother for having given birth to him in the first place. Attributing the blame to the anarchists seems misguided.
Also I fail to see how indirectly starting a massacre of 6 million jews would be a bad thing.
Correct.

>pointing out that people might oppose rhetoric about purging "degenerates" for reasons other than being "degenerates" themselves is SJW

Attached: 1547124552342.jpg (1294x478, 69K)

>Also I fail to see how indirectly starting a massacre of 6 million jews would be a bad thing.
Nevermind, you're a good lad. Or you would be if that number was accurate.

I don't see any video games, I see someone complaining that yet more nazi bullshit got thrown the fuck out somewhere on the internet. This has as much relevance to video games as the size of the shit I had today.

Attached: 1506591187036.png (750x780, 77K)

It's the butterfly effect

Thanks a lot for banning this mod, anarchists

We lost mod content for a game due to moderator selective outrage and crybully bitching

It's about less game content as a result of politics being injected into video games

Is the mod still up, anyone got mirrors?

Yes you autist that does not get RP and sarcasm.
Your kind destroyed all the fun in RPing Empire from Star Wars.

Got a nice chuckle from your post, retard. Gotta thank you for that.
If you actually read the fucking thread you would notice that "Starsector" is the first word in the OP.
There you go, video games.

Attached: 1482618893504.gif (250x250, 992K)

Politics like the mod that was literally pure politics? You lost that mod content? Politics LITERALLY BEING INJECTED into a video game? You are not a smart man.

Attached: 1425594769069.jpg (400x267, 23K)

NGO was trash and the nazi Germany references were pol kiddie tier, still kind of much to ban the mod and the author and I disagree with the decision but I get why they decided to do so.

>everyone's perfectly happy with it
Lmao you must not frequent the discord much, eveytime it's brought up there's a shitstorm

>Make mod around generic empire
>Get called a nazi
>Get banned
I'm sorry, I'm lost, how fucking Star Wars empire shit is considered fucking nazi bullshit these days ?

Attached: 1542878159936.png (647x314, 222K)

You are not good at this

Trying way too hard there, buddy.

That wasn't the case tho iirc he named ships after concentration camps etc

Where are the references ?

Attached: 1543619999704.png (492x317, 17K)

I'm sorry I had to blow you the fuck out so hard, I hope your friends and family help you out while you recover.

SS Auschwitz sounds like a great ship name

>he named ships after concentration camps
That's actually really funny

Attached: file.png (334x267, 78K)

You only BTFO yourself there, lad.
If you think fictional faction's motivations is "muh real life politics" then it's your problem.
I wonder what kinda cardboard faction one would have to create to not trigger you.

That is it ? Like a fucking edgy joke ?

Attached: 1541302867707.gif (200x150, 1.26M)

References to the tool tips arguments? I already told you the discord, the search function is there and it's easy as can be to find

It was a p good meme but you can see why they didn't want that on the official forums

but it wasn't and it didn't

>Discord
Really.

Attached: 1548827778125.png (84x122, 27K)

If not SJW then what do you call a company that makes games based on the military history of WW2 but refuses to show a swastika or Hitler while having no qualms about Stalin and Hammer+Sickle?

What are you trying to say even? Reread the conversation

Holy shit is that actually the case in the new hearts of iron

mmm nazi tears...

>yet another reason to pirate this demo
lol

Attached: 1533861234592.jpg (921x888, 224K)

Yep, they always push for more. Again and again.

Attached: i've been cheated for the last time.jpg (666x666, 139K)

Discord is cancer, I'm going to waste my time creating a shit account on a shit botnet chinese farm.

Attached: 1532514747682.gif (480x360, 580K)

Just cowards, you can release game easily these days with swastikas.
You just need to resist the first blowback from pussies.

>And I know that's a slippery slope argument
And what's wrong with that? If anything, slippery slope has been proven to not be a fallacy at all.

Then go back to re*dit shitter. You'll like it there more.

Except for you and yours, of course.

Attached: hitler pepe.png (298x354, 106K)

Looks like a nazi to me

ORIGINAL vs REMASTER

>freedom of expression
>looks like a nazi to me
I'm glad you admitted that you're just baiting.

You can't start denying people freedom of expression and speech. You'll end up with laws which can be subverted to mean, "anyone I don't like is a nazi."

I know, that's why I called it an argument and not a fallacy. The reason I pointed it out is because it's not a causal relationship and therefore not a particularly strong argument.

That's understandable but you know you asked to for the reference

You got me
but the scary thing its just this post that is my bait

Hitler is only censored in some versions like the German one I'm pretty sure. Swastikas were also banned in German video games at the time that HoIV released, but that doesn't really explain why all versions use the kriegsmarine war ensign with an iron cross.

fucking post a screencap if you want people to understand your argument you fucking faggot.

Attached: 1533860900643.jpg (837x1024, 179K)

One of these things, is not like the others...

Attached: mystery man.jpg (960x562, 144K)

Holy shit, that's fucking pathetic.

Lmao no one is going to spoonfeed you just cause you're too lazy to check yourself. You made the claim no one cares about the tool tips, why do so if you clearly don't actually have a clue.

You sure they function IRL? Some of them were logging in and posting just shy of 24/7

Okay, I don't see what is the problem with the modder, the ban stupid.

Attached: 1532788906456.jpg (600x600, 26K)

Tbh that autism is also why some of the mods are so good

As I said it's not in every version

Attached: 1534213153320.jpg (879x283, 52K)

To be fair it's really hard to get that moustache to look right

show the flag

It's the same as this one

Who the fuck would want real life contemporary politics in their futuristic sci-fi spaceship videogames ?
Idiots.
Nothing of value was lost.

>hip new dictatorship
>'roots' going back to old terra
>utopia
>'first strikes' are greasy fanfic smut
>fucking camps as ships
>reports of 'leaking'
Actually guy sounds like a faggot.

Attached: 1461042005068.jpg (640x615, 144K)

Not as big of a faggot as the people that got their panties in a bunch over this.

>ignoble
is that even a word

>jannies being shit is proof
I guess that means CP is allowed too?

In perfect world, yes.

Yes, it's the opposite of noble

lmgtfy.com/?q=define ignoble

Whatever you say Ahne
Nice profile pic

Fucking white people give me back my off-brand star wars Imperium NOOW
FUCK YOUUU

>Nazis are bad mkay
>But romans who literally enslaved millions of people and were ultra-nationalist are okay
People are idiots

Yes
But nazis are okay too

>And basically every established modder is applauding the decision
What did you expect? Modding "communities" are like a gathering of females. Jealousy and cynicism are rampant.

That's because neo-nazis got enough revivalists to lose the meme status neo-romans still enjoy

And? Call of Duty has you fight nazis and nobody cries about it, keeps selling millions every year. The fact there are nazis in your game shouldn't affect anything.

When you trigger everyone by just existing.

Attached: natsocball.png (567x419, 153K)

You're comparing killing virtual nazis to cheeky references to real-life atrocities in a game that has literally nothing to do with World War 2. Are you retarded or do you just play one on Yea Forums?

>references to real-life atrocities
Please show me wherever did the mod cite any real-life atrocities, especially nazi ones.

You don't know what a slippery slope is, apparently.

Really, now?

Attached: but that's wrong you faggot.png (500x500, 359K)

Slippery slope is still a fallacy because it avoids the argument at hand in favor of a hypothetical.

"Slippery-slope fallacy" assumes that any change is just some grass-roots movement independent of anything else, when we've known for a fact that there's been a push for homosexuality, feminism, trannies, pedophilia, multiculturalism et al for over a hundred years. It's not even a slope, it's a constructed stairway straight to hell.

CoD nazis weren't 'utopia bros vigorously mounting the galaxy with lightning fast fascist penetration, making all the other empires piss their pants and scramble to apologize for being such degenerates'

The argument is non-existent and the hypothetical situation is proven to be real. What now, nigger?

A slippery slope fallacy is essentially catastrophizing, not necessarily a nuanced prediction about possible outcomes. That means that not every prediction is a slippery slope, a slippery slope usually associates an outcome with a cause that have no direct link to each other.

>The argument is non-existent
Thanks for letting me know early on that you're retarded and not worth my time.

How nice of you to concede.

As if his position didn't give it away.

Have you tried not voicing shit opinions in public?

Dont spin a lying narrative like EVERY other fucking leftie spouts these days, have some integrity

I wouldn't consider a forum like that to be a public space.

It's a sad state of affairs when you can be publicly commie and no one blinks an eye but show a smidgen of fascism and you get deplatformed.

>If we give gays rights and begin tolerating them in public, then one day we'll have little boys strip teasing in gay clubs!
That's a slippery slope argument.

>It's a sad state of affairs when you can be publicly furry and no one blinks an eye but show a smidgen of pedophilia and you get deplatformed.

Not even a little bit comparable.

Yes, because giving gays rights is not responsible for little boys stripping in strip clubs, if that even happens. What is responsible for this is giving gays extra privileges that exempts them from laws.

It is. You're bitching that bad thing X is tolerated while bad thing Y isn't.

Honestly I think americans shouldn't really talk about communism, at all. If you think corporate dick suckers that are happy as soon as any corporation brings some diversity into their human worker zoo are communists you haven't been paying attention.

Honestly it's only one step away from that. Namely some age-restriction thing which can be easily changed, and I bet it's already being done privately. These 9-year old trannies and drag queens are pretty much the same thing already.

>EVERYTHING YOU SEE AND HEAR IS FAKE
>I'M THE ONLY TRUTH
It was his final, most essential command user.

>Honestly I think americans shouldn't really talk about communism
Kind of hard not to talk about something your country spent 45 years resisting and still got infected with.

>Namely some age-restriction thing which can be easily changed
You're out of your mind dude.

>"Trannies in the military? You're out of your mind dude."

Are those living biological ships? That's pretty rad. What mod is it a part of?

Non Sequitur.

t. user supporting the crooked-wealth party that stole and then 'lost' literally thousands of migrant children

Point is shit that would have been considered the ravings of a madman just a couple of decades ago is our reality now. I see shit like Lactatia and Desmond and I just know by the time I'm wrinkled and old, boy fuckers will be accepted as normal. It wouldn't be the first time in human history homosexual pedophilia was accepted in a society and I'm sure at the rate we're going, we're going to see it happen in our lifetime. But yeah, say it's crazy and it'll never happen just like all the other shit that's crazy and shouldn't be happening.

I fucking love this thing

Attached: screenshot001.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

My point is that you incorrectly believe those laws could "be easily changed" when that's the furthest from the truth.

Starsector mod experts, please recommend me the most absolutely bloated mod please. I just want a shit ton of different ships, weapons, factions etc. to play around with.

Who cares. His game his forum his rules. Good for him.

Those laws can be easily ignored. How about that?

Just grab all of them, it's not skyrim where there are tens of thousands of mods.
There's like, 200 TOTAL

>There's like, 200 TOTAL
For a game as niche as Starsector that's actually pretty impressive.

Then you have no argument at all since that could apply to anything and everything.

That was happening at least as far back as 2011, but of course the puppet media stayed silent when Obama was in charge. They even had the gall to imply that Trump started the policy.

Go back to your sheep pen.

I see you admit defeat.

Alex is a retard, he should have left it on the forum and silently leaked it's existence to shitfaggot SJW news outlets and had it blow up to outrage proportions for massive fucking advertising.

Or maybe the timing isn't right, he needs this to happen once the game is on Steam for ease of customer purchase.

Why does trannies dying for Israel matter?

He already stated that it won't be on steam until its done, or near done, and I understand it. If he implements something that people don't like they will reviewbomb it like raging toddlers and even if he removes it or replaces it those bad reviews will remain.

>He already stated that it won't be on steam until its done, or near done
so never

>He already stated that it won't be on steam until its done, or near done, and I understand it.

It's almost there, it's on version 0.9.

>If he implements something that people don't like they will reviewbomb it like raging toddlers and even if he removes it or replaces it those bad reviews will remain.

This never happens from the SJWs because they don't actually play videogames. Good luck review bombing a game based on its modded content, I'm sure that'll hold up.

>forum
>a public area

user do you know what "forum" means?

>It's almost there, it's on version 0.9.
You're retarded dude.

You /pol/ retards would be reviewbombing it right now if you could.

are you retarded

Attached: chrome_2016-10-27_21-37-09.png (704x435, 181K)

I've been following this game since it's inception, how about you succ my nutts bucko?

It's almost there.

>This never happens from the SJWs
As if there's nobody else to reviewbomb and people don't do it just because of game reworks all the time. Just look at Stellaris (well deserved bombing for retard dev unironically balancing 4x game around multiplayer but still).

it's because the average videogamer is an outraged manchild
fuck I hate gamers

Does that mean /pol/ actually plays videogames?

Sounds like autism from usual paradox 4x players.

Version numbers are completely irrelevant, especially when it comes to modern video games.

I've been following this game since it's inception, how about you succ my nutts bucko?

It's almost there.

>happening rarely is the same as snatching every kid you see and then deliberately losing it in bureaucracy
Can't wait to see your blinders get glued shut again when the republicans are proven to be projecting their kid-diddling, just like they do with everything else

I don't really pay attention much to what alex says, but I do think that after all these years he would be getting tired of working on this game, and will push a update and call it finished like the kenshi dev.

>It's almost there, it's on version 0.9.

Attached: thats not how it works.gif (300x167, 398K)

Of course it does just look at this board.
This thread.

Isn't that what you faggots are doing to Catherine right now?

Then I don't see the argument if they actually PLAY videogames. They are the target demographic unlike whiny SJWs who don't play videogames but just suck agenda dick.

American's barely seem to know what commie means.

I meant the forums. Also I did mention soren's tooltps in discord once and there was no shitstorm.

It's almost there.

Who do you think you're arguing with faggot?

That's not me you're replying to.

This is me.

I don't care about catherine and I never plan on playing it. You have a schizo mindset with your "US VS THEM" retardation. I just know that Alex is worried about controversy ruining his game because some politico faggots decide that he made the wrong choiceTM and his reviews should be stained forever despite the god-tier game he's made.

If you haven't noticed, the bureocracy has been against Trump from the beginning. The only thing Trump did IIRC was order all the kids to be taken care of so they wouldn't be trafficked by illegals, but it's not his fault if the entire system is corrupted to high hell. And when it comes to the GOP, they're not any better than the Dems when it comes to corruption and such.

Shit how many of us are there?

Western "communists" and "marxists" are nothing more than liberals with an edge, they actively despise most of the working class white Americans and are usually trust fund kids that have never worked a day in their life. they're massive faggots.

I'm perfectly fine with this so long as it gets applied to the opposing end of the spectrum should any of the modding community find it pertinent to do such a thing. Which is highly unlikely given that the cross section of fans for this game is primarily autistic space sim lovers. If Alex can keep his game free of modern politics more power to him.

When will we inject communism so that creators no longer get any rights or ownership of their products? We need to stop private businesses from conducting as they want on their locations! The products belong to the masses, so we are free to do anything we want with it, despite creators trying to censor our ways

When will we finally inject you with the lethal injection for making such low quality posts.

This, look at how much of a joke Hitler has become in just 75 years. Give it another couple decades, and you'll be able to make all the nazi jokes you want

sad state of affairs than you cannot even play as nazis in a game where you carpetbomb entire planets and sell organs and drugs at the drop of a hat, but I honestly don't care that much about his mod. Luckily I mostly care about starsector because of amazing combat and not for the lore, so if Alex is some annoying commie fuck trying to solve politics into his game I won't be able to find out and/or give a fuck.

Interestellar imperium/Tiandong update to 0.9 when tho? that's what actually matters

You trying to censor my opinion, cuck?

No you retard, I'm taking a big steamy dump on your face.

>some neckbeard larps as a literal nazi for years
>get butthurt when people get sick if it and ban him from their premises
>runs to his personal club trying to incite the minions into rising up for him
Every time

That's kinda hot

>Please show me wherever did the mod cite any real-life atrocities, especially nazi ones.
literally named ships after places where millions of jews died.

Who cares. What's wrong with having a starship powered by Jew burning ovens.

I think Alex is doing the right thing by purging edge lord political tripe from his game. Modern politics has no place in gaming. The fact that so many people use it as a crutch just shows a visceral lack of imagination. There's millions of stories that could be told and created and instead someone wants to go for the low hanging fruit.

If star sector is so great, why isn't there a warhammer mod where you play as a rogue trader?

Well you'll run out eventually unless you have a very large jew breeding facility

here is my rare rommel

Attached: rommel4.png (128x128, 23K)

>literally named ships after places where millions of jews died.
Bullshit. All of the ships are named after Germanic paganism and such.

Weren't those a actual thing though? places where the took "ok" slavs and jews to be bred as a slave caste, or was that just some history channel meme shit.

This is why you have ten thousand Anne Franks clones constantly being impregnated and using the power of science to shit out fully grown CHOSEN ones for oven use in very fast timescales.

>Well you'll run out eventually
That would be a victory then.

>Nazis
Why would you ever support the jewish subversion group that ensured their dominance for centuries to come?
For a white guy you sure is a useful tool of theirs.

Never heard about it. Would be kind of weird for Hitler to be like "LETS KILL THEM ALL but also keep some alive to be slaves"
But that cost a lot. Is it really worth it?
Your ships cant move now. In come USA with their ships to kill you

Jews have run out.
No more jews.
USA is my friend now.

For USA to consider your a friend, you have to get rid of the blacks.

Well as far as I know hitler in the early phase of his power was pretty lenient towards certain minorities, and as things started to accelerate he went more radical. It couldve just been some stupid plan that never went through like sending the jews to Madagascar or allying with the chinese.

We'll reconfigure the ovens.

>they actively despise most of the working class white Americans and are usually trust fund kids that have never worked a day in their life.
That's exactly what most most marxist have been historically. Not a thing has changed. Marx himself was a lazy neet who was terrible with money.

well this is the kind of shitposting I wasn't expecting to come up in the starsector forums. Some wacky shit, probably there's some more along the entire thread but I honestly don't care that much to dig in
(for context the 3rd post in the image is a gift of a nazi symbol blowing up)

Attached: forums.png (1608x2120, 509K)

Hitler was a zionist.

After seeing how the posts were like in the previous thread purge/lock of NGO, I knew this would happen after the update.

Attached: screenshot188.png (1366x768, 1.04M)

Yeah it's really kind of weird that anyone would get upset over this when something like 40k throws purges and genocide around like candy.

literally soul/soulless

Genocide is okay when it's done to non-jews. That's the message behind the hypocrisy.

>any depiction of nazism is now bad
wow i guess all those world war 2 demonizing them are bad too retroactively

these people and their fucking horse shit

Yes ok but I clearly remember a bunch of the vanilla factions being no better than nazis. Weren't the sindrian diktat basically a bunch of fascist larpers who didn't like the hegemony? Isn't the hegemony basically a bunch of military officers who decided to take power for themselves?

Attached: 1528738338776.jpg (488x472, 21K)

But they did not make a forum post with hurtful words did they?

hurtful words?? the degenerate scum bit? someone who made a 40k parody/inspired mod would have gotten away with far worse, god some of the redemptionist off-shoots of the ecclesiarchy are like your worst SS units except with a feverish religious bent

Oh also nevermind, the diktat is just a dictatorship of ubermensch but who cater to degenerates. I guess that's an ok thing for them. You can be degenerate dictators just not dictators who kill them or something.

Attached: 1365615211211.png (436x512, 231K)

>last blog post in november

>FASCISM IS BAD
When is this meme gonna end? Fascism is a completely normal political ideology and there's literally nothing bad about it. It's whole purpose is to unify the people and give them a purpose which is exactly like it did.

b-but the hollow cost

Yes, but the NGO was literally just the Nazi party resurgent, and more importantly, portrayed as the fixing the galaxy. The Sindrian Diktat are a bunch of scummy shitters who survive because they have almost all of the fuel.

Attached: Nazis fix space because theyre the good guys.jpg (1200x1920, 1.87M)

That purpose is war and conquest. Which ends exactly as one would expect.

There's a bit more wiggle room when you're RPing as a ridiculously backward and grimdark fantasy empire with established lore compared to literal space nazis. But I have seen lefties complain about the imperium in WH40K, or more specifically I think it was that some fans of WH40K seem to for real like the imperium more than they probably should and use it as a vessel for real fantasies about being totalitarian purgers of undesirables and "xenos". I don't personally give a shit but I can see the argument.

I think a big part of the distinction is that the game author doesn't appear to sympathise with them and I guess they don't borrow as directly from a real life equivalent. Though it certainly doesn't help that Hitler is pretty much the untouchable devil in our current zeitgeist.

>start war
>lose war

Attached: 1529431331413.jpg (819x1428, 239K)

See It's not a negative depiction. To the contrary, it's a glowing depiction of a glorious unification sweeping away the corruption of the Sector.

>portrayed as the fixing the galaxy
You'd have to be legit retarded to take that as anything more than in universe propaganda written from their point of view..

Maybe it's just me but I was cringing more at the complete mary-sueness and willingness to infringe upon the lore of other factions. I suppose Diable Avionics and maybe some other factions are guilty of the same but no one goes after them.

War and conquest are means to an end, fascism only advocates war if it's necessary to further the goals of the nation. It's not any different than communism or democracy in that regard.

>hates them enough to make the world decivilize
>still too much of a bitch to use a better vanilla feature
People should use saturation bombardment more. I never expected a feature that lets you destroy a colony and its population by dropping destabilized fuel on people.

Attached: screenshot219.png (2560x1440, 2.72M)

and? who cares? games have had you play as the bad guys since their inception

jezus

And yet it always leads to war, and always to themselves get bumfucked when their neighbours decide "Oh, this war focused nation needs to go".

I wonder how far they would've gone if they used colours that weren't black, white and red.

Attached: 1490762222322.png (473x675, 361K)

Yes, play as the bad guys. Who are shown as being bad guys, that you are playing as anyway. Not the bad guys who are shown as being the good guys.

Oh boy, a Starsector threa- welp, see you guys in 4 months I guess.

Attached: fuck this thread.jpg (420x420, 25K)

>Not the bad guys who are shown as being the good guys.
Happens all the time.

>saturation bombard pirate colony
>people hate me for this

seriously wtf, it's almost like the main factions are cucks who want to be raided by pirates

Attached: 1531123256826.jpg (540x720, 65K)

Name once.

except there's tons of games that feature fascist totalitarian regimes as neutral / good?

this should all just be allowed, this is just a video game

How about some examples. Please include at least one that includes a racial purity platform.

me

It's even fucking worse when you consider I can take out their spaceport, tactical bombard them causing hundreds of deaths, and then kill off everyone else via starving them and causing mass riots and unrest on the world, leaving only a few hundred at most survivors ekeing out a horrible existence and the main factions won't care but the moment I give them a quick death I'm literally hitler.

what the fuck alex

Attached: 1535928126713.png (486x552, 292K)

most grand strategy games, most civ games, most warhammer 40k games

Does NGO include racial purity platform?

what about every faction in the world raiding your ass for no reason when you have colonies, and Luddites having infinite funding despite having destroyed so many of their fleets it makes the collapse event look like a fucking joke

It's not because the nation is war focused, it's because the ideology is a danger to the mainstream ideology. This is the same reason why communism ceased to exist, it was the only real contender to democracy. The problem with communism is that while it appealed to the masses, it was inherently flawed which means it couldn't have succeeded no matter how hard it tried.

Democracy sounds great on paper, in practice it flushed the whole world down the toilet. The reason why fascism didn't work is because you know what you're gonna get, a militarized disciplined state with restricted personal freedom and a single political party. To every human being this looks constraining and scary, which is a normal human reaction.

But it's just that in the long run it would have probably been much better for the human race as a whole.

Company of Heroes.

Attached: Capture.png (966x496, 877K)

fascism and racial purity are just as good a story telling device as anything else, morality has nothing to do with it because this is just a video game, to limit creative freedom means to limit the amount of variety in video games possible

I don't mind, to be fair I would be sending fleets to fuck with others if some upstart suddenly dropped my profits by 20% or so. Besides with proper investment into defences, no invasion fleets win. But having everyone suddenly hate you for slowly killing thousands of people is dumb because wow goodbye accessibility and goodbye profits.

Luddites are just fucking dumb yes it infuriates me, I should be able to fucking extinguish all life in their planets and exterminate them. One of these days I'm just gonna raze every planet and they will STILL spawn I bet.

I need a mod that lets me drop colonies on worlds now, since saturation bombardment is a vanilla feature.

Attached: 2019.02.21 - 00.13.15.19.webm (1276x868, 2.86M)

Oh, you're retarded, that's too bad.

Most grand strategy and civ games are using actual fascist states, and the context of those factions is the same as the real world. You don't need to depict the Third Reich as evil, because there's no fictional context to fill in, the historical context is complete.

As for 40k, the Imperium and it's tyrannical aspects aren't depicted as a good thing, they're depicted as signs of the long decay of the Imperium, the vast corruption of officials, and the total warping of the Emperor's actual policies. You might as well say 40k is a positive portrayal of abject poverty and human wave tactics.

I own Starsector, and I have been praising it for years, but I will now vehemently argue against it, and I will not advise any of my friends to purchase it.

Attached: 20181122052508_1.jpg (1920x1080, 424K)

Does NGO include racial purity platform?

They do win when 3 of them decide to attack one of your planets at once, and they do.
t.4 planet space empire

>No bro, it just so happened to lead every nation to try and invade their neighbors, then because EVERYONE ELSE in the world was wrong, they ruined it
>Not the fascists, they didn du nuffin
>The world would be better if everyone just nosedived their nation into unsustainable war that has a 100% failure rate

>follow your dreams and dedicate yourself to developing the sci fi game you always wanted to make
>it becomes decently popular
>it even spawns its own modding community
>you couldn't be happier
>one modder creates a blatantly neo-nazi mod and couldn't even pretend to be subtle about it
>people start associating your game with political extremism
>already getting calls from game journos about "your" neo-nazi beliefs
>you stand before the following choice: either you risk your brand being permanently damaged and getting dragged through the mud, or you ban a loyal fan and modder which might polarize your fanbase even further

What would you do?

Attached: 1537313297955.jpg (1200x900, 155K)

They're born from the literal Nazi party, and all the portraits are white, so that's a safe assumption.

Tell people you are not associated with any mods, and that they do not reflect your point of view, and let everything carry on as usual. Not fucking ban the guy making the mod, since that will scare off other potential modders.

Take a hands off approach with the issue and make it clear political discussion isn't allowed in any forums I maintain.

>since that will scare off other potential modders.
I think the number of potential modders attempting to make real world political parties in space, because they REALLY like that political party, are pretty limited.

>You don't need to depict the Third Reich as evil, because there's no fictional context to fill in, the historical context is complete.
that's you filling things in, those game are completely neutral and dont make any explicit comments whatsoever
>As for 40k, the Imperium and it's tyrannical aspects aren't depicted as a good thing
nor are they depicted as a bad thing
> they're depicted as signs of the long decay of the Imperium, the vast corruption of officials, and the total warping of the Emperor's actual policies
except that's total fucking nonsense and literally every party in the universe except for tau and sometimes eldar is trying to wipe out humanity and the impeium sacrifices like 200 virgins daily to keep the corpse of the emperor from dying for good
>You might as well say 40k is a positive portrayal of abject poverty and human wave tactics.
it's not about the portrayal it's about implicit or explicit judgement of that which is being portrayed, in 40k relatively speaking the general mindset is that purging the xenos is necessary to prolong the existence of a crumbling empire upheld by a corpse god

>no arguments
Your brain on leftism

Attached: 11215465412.jpg (200x313, 10K)

Wasn't this mod supposed to be an evil faction of sorts?

How is ruining 100% of every nation it has ever touched, not an argument?

This literally never happened. You've got a Civ 5 mod on steam that lets you play as LITERALLY HITLER and nobody based their opinion of the game because of it

Tell them to have fun punching neo-nazis in-game and ask for some kind modder to make a faction who think people should tip waiters. I don't reply further.

Attached: 1427728412687.png (499x499, 220K)

Does NGO include racial purity platform or is it just your assumption? Is it safe for me to assume things about other games?

Most of the mods literally add different political factions you dingus.

NGO is a real political party?

But the potential of modders that do not want to release a mod for a platform that may remove their mod at any given time, for any given reason is more than none, that I can assure you of.

Lol same

>homogenous white countries are nazis
t. kike

Its an opinion you stupid fuck. You cant objectively ruin something, if i crushed a wedding wing in front of you, you would "feel" like it was ruined. The fact you dont understand how to use language just shows you need to stay out of arguments you fucking shitposter

It's his product. Fuck off and make your own naziboo spacegame. Go shit up the stellaris forums more

>It's his product
he has the right to be a retard but utilizing that doesn't make him not a retard

Yeah, and it's his freedom to be a hypocritical tool. Case closed.

>nation under weimar republic is a decadent state full of child porn and other degenerate trash
>nation during nazi germany is a great respected state
>nation after communist occupation and democratic indoctrination lets foreigners in that rape their people and drive the country into the ground

>nation under mussolini has aspirations to recreate the roman empire
>nation after mussolini becomes a decadent shithole

>nation during the emperor is great and respected
>nation under the emperor can't even keep it's population up because everyone is socially retarded

>nation under augusto pinochet is the only successful south american nation
>nation after pinochet is a fucking shithole like every other neighbouring shithole

See the pattern? As soon as you apply "democratic" rule, something horrible starts happening to the entire nation.

look at all the death that came from those unified societies though

Why are you pretending that democracy doesn't lead to war as well?
How many nations has the US destroyed since the 2000 alone?
Do those not count?

i dont caare

The mentality and elitism of many of the modders in Starsector is pathetic. Not really related with the NGO deal, but what happened in the Vesperon Combine thread was really telling. It's a shame because many of them create a lot of quality content.

Attached: 1536030419484.png (130x129, 30K)

>telling the truth is considered lying

I want the updated starsector threads and not the mod forum starsector threads.
There is nothing good anymore from online communities that are not anonymous.

>>people start associating your game with political extremism
This never happened. You know you position is a load of bullshit when you have to constantly lie.

yeah, but that wasn't because of democracy

>It's just your opinion that these bombed out ruins are worse than the buildings they came from bro
>You can't objectively tell me that these people aren't better off as corpses

>See the pattern?
>Dictator takes over
>Has a brief economic resurgence
>Has to begin wars to keep the momentum
>Inevitably either their neighbors or rebels oust them
>Everything gets burned to the ground
>Not our fault though!

Oh look, the US is still there, and has been for hundreds of years, making it longer lived than literally every single fascist nation put together.

>This is the Nazi party
>It's all whites
>Ur just assuming though, bro

I can assure no current modders have given even a word of worry over this.

So was Rome but Rome was a mess and got itself involved in a lot of death and war before disappearing.

hmm

Not an argument. Unification didn't cause any more death than any revolution, coup, civil war etc. War caused death because it was unfortunately unavoidable.

Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan? All these wars were also caused by the exact same factor. Communism fighting against Democracy, fascism had nothing to do with it but it still happened in the exact same way.

Rome? You mean the Empire that lasted about 500 years? That Rome?

You are just assuming. Actual nazis had blacks serving in Africa

oh fuck I don't want to get into long post chains about what was rome I know enough about aut/his/m this isn't a good idea I'm going to stop

>>if i crushed a wedding wing in front of you, you would "feel" like it was ruined
>literally turning it into a ruin
>isn't ruined
b8

I own it as well and tell people to pirate it. Each update it gets harder to defend why development takes so long.

Attached: java 2019-02-21 00-06-26-82.png (2560x1440, 972K)

>753 BC to 1453 AD
That's 2206 years, in case your little american brain can't comprehend BC and AD

>n-n-n-no that doesn't count

>Oh look, the US is still there, and has been for hundreds of years, making it longer lived than literally every single fascist nation put together.
That's really just because the US has an excellent geographical position. The only thing that could destroy the US is if it tears itself apart, which is becoming more and more probable as the demographics change.

>Conscript some blacks to fight and die for you
>See? They were super supportive of them!

That's was basic Nazi war doctrine. They did that everywhere.

>no current modders have given even a word of worry over this
Because if they do, they'll get banned. Expect a bunch of mods to die out in the coming months. You have been warned.

t. prominent Starsector modder

Attached: 1517142224118.jpg (255x256, 20K)

>starsector thread
>jk lol actually a blatant politics thread

Attached: 1549136489578.png (250x290, 21K)

Everyone did that back in the day.

>purging edge lord political tripe from his game
Thats right. It's wrong to play as an immoral faction in a video game! Why would any one want to portray a fantasy perspective that doesn't align with their own political agenda in a game about intergovernmental conflicts in space??? It's just wrong.
Dicklick.

You're right, I was thinking of the Roman Republic. The Empire lasted more like 1400. My bad.

So how come I am not allowed to assume? If a game does not explicitly mention whether it has racial purity program or not, can I assume it does?

Exactly my point. It's totally irrelevant to literally anything.

>Everyone agrees with me, but they just don't want to say so
>Trust me, I'm a super secret big modder, but I won't tell who ;)

but the very nature of fascism automatically enables a greater potential for war because dissenters are quashed and people are forced to be drafted no?

im not saying democracies dont start wars, everything starts wars and americas democracy is bought and sold

Sure it does, it's because democracy demands that majority of the other nations are democratic otherwise it doesn't work well. Look at Sparta and Athens. Now imagine how the Peloponnesian war would have ended if almost every polis was democratic and the evil fascist Sparta dared have a king who militarized his entire nation. Can't have that, gotta bring democracy to Sparta too.

I'm on Starsector discord where almost all modders are. They all applaud this. I got silenced for 6 hours for trying to defend the banned modder. My offense was saying "soren please" multiple times to a person that literally told me to kill myself.

>Expect a bunch of mods to die out in the coming months.

Fucking bullshit, it's not hard to not reference Nazism in your mod. If you are thinking of stopping modding because of some inane shit like this then you must be behind some stellar works like Arkandian Institute.

Attached: 1531035139853.png (128x128, 52K)

Why do seemingly major factions all decivilize? I'm talking planets like Jangala, some of the Diable planets, some major Tri-tach planets. They all die off. Very mysterious. Any idea why?

Attached: 1542032364719.jpg (1014x1024, 60K)

Well, if it is explicitly formed on the policies of an existing political party, and there's some in game evidence, such as every single portrait showing the same element as it relates to those policies, then yes, you can assume it does until explicit canon contradicts that assumption.

It definitely won't.nid be willing to bet that there is a star trek like communist faction out there. Never mind the mountains of pleb skulls they must climb to reach the stars.

besides the topic modding bullshit how good / complete is the core game now?

>I got silenced for 6 hours for trying to defend the banned modder.
Exactly why some of us aren't saying anything, just cutting support and cutting ties.

Attached: 1499449150729.jpg (1080x1080, 799K)

Sounds like a bug with a mod. Decivilization should happen VERY rarely through AI faction wars.

>no update
>no Tiandong
>thread is about NGO, the mod that gets retard modders upset
Have some mod content for your visit.

Attached: in game tips.png (841x321, 19K)

Better mechanically but still barebones once you get used to the variety of ships mods give.

>The Luddic Path is a loosely associated category of radical, de-centralized, apocalyptic sects of Luddism that claim a truer interpretation of Ludd's Message. They view the Church as compromised and corrupt, putting worldly ego and comforts before the True Luddic Path in these the end-times. The war of Armageddon is NOW and the lines are drawn! Only through forceful righteous action shall Good destroy Evil, and only through violence will the abomination of humanity's hubris and rebellion against God be swept aside in a final act of redemption. Or so they claim. The Luddic Path necessarily finds itself at odds with nearly all other factions in the Sector
Why are some cheeky space nazi's not allowed when this is okay?

It's a demo. Takes few hours to become strong and get good ships, then there's nothing to do.

If one flavor of fantasy isn't allowed, then there is nothing to say that *my* flavor of fantasy won't be banned next. I do not support people who do not give me the freedom to explore whatever scenario I wish to portray in my works. As such, at least my own mod will no longer remain supported, and I'm sure I will not be the only one who takes this as a clear sign to jump ship.

Attached: 1522757640858.png (727x720, 519K)

Because they're a destructive terrorist organization that are there to make everything worse, and fly shitty low tech ships into your fleet and get murdered en masse?

damn that sucks the art looks so nice

What about a faction about abducting and raping small children to death. Should you be allowed to put that on the forum?

>Nazis are only good if we get to shoot them!

nazis are bad mmmmkay

>Only through forceful righteous action shall Good destroy Evil,
Sounds like the good guys to me.

Yes, context matters.

Why are people so afraid of nazis?

Yes, as a matter of fact. A child-snatching empire would fit perfectly into the grim-dark-light setting. Like pirates, but when they raid, they steal populace instead of prosperity.

Attached: 1350594293765.jpg (500x500, 109K)

The nature of fascism is militant, so you're right. It's not necessarily driven by pure imperialism, but potential for war IS greater.

But so is the potential to actually do something great and work for a common cause as a nation. Imo longterm it's the only ideology that can potentially do something great like space colonization and rapid technological advancement. Autarky is a staple of fascism, and if you wanna churn out self sufficient colonies better start at home.

Yes. You shouldn't be allowed to do things that are explicitly prohibited by the country where the forum is hosted. Anything more is thought police.

The art was why I bought it years ago, you're not the only one.

Okay, how about a mechanics where you get rewarded for abducting those children and selling them. Maybe a temporary bonus if you "spend" some of them for your crew?

One is a sexual deviancy and one is a crime against your fellow man. They're hardly even a little bit comparable.

Its not a matter of opinion when it comes to pedophilia. All pedos should burn or get the chair to warn other pedos to stay the hell away from kids. Touch one kid, ONE, and any citizen should be well within his rights to rip your goddamn arm off and beat you to death with it, kidfucker.

Again, it's not that hard to not reference Nazism. What said is also correct, if you create a faction about pedophiles raping children at every planet it will also cause Alex to step in because he'd be hosting the discussion of said mod.

More importantly, pretty much every prominent modder is in support of this action so I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with your "jump ship" scare. The Chinese modders don't care. DR doesn't care. Tart doesn't care. Cycerin doesn't care. LazyWizard doesn't care. Anyone outside of these aren't relevant.

just saying that the reason was never democracy
it was always strategical interests, but never moral interests

>Let me move the goalposts further and strawman some more!

Attached: 1529757871010.png (800x759, 965K)

Here are all the portraits in NGO. Now what.

Attached: iOodxtz.png (709x370, 298K)

The Starsector discord is probably the worst place to talk about this, no one that actually talks there is worth talking to. The only decent people are the lurkers because their only offense is being in the server in the first place.

If you use vanilla then that's unfortunate since it should be rare. If you use Nexerelin with a bunch of faction mods then its because no one has any decent defense. No one is stable with years of constant conflict, raids and invasions.

this actually looks good, they don't even look like morally exemplary character with the red lighting and dark lines

the only good looking ones are just default ones recolored

>If you use Nexerelin with a bunch of faction mods then its because no one has any decent defense. No one is stable with years of constant conflict, raids and invasions.

Ooh that is quite sad. Although I usually end up with one or two planets with billions of people on it so I imagine everyone fleeing to my planet to live in safety.

Attached: 1542087590064.png (625x350, 262K)

I've moved no goal posts. You're the one who has said there can be NO restrictions on what kind of fantasy should be allowed on the forum. But you know that's fucking stupid when you spend more time than none at all thinking about it. You know there's a line somewhere. You've simply decided that for some reason explicit glorification of the Nazi party isn't over that line, because you're so far up your ass with /pol/ horseshit that you've managed to blank out the incredibly fucking broad reaching consensus that "the Nazi party was really fucking awful, and it's disrespectful and ignorant to imply otherwise".

This isn't going to blindside anyone who isn't being intentionally blind about it. This isn't some rando just so happens to be offended, so it needs to go, this a society wide understanding of what's acceptable and what isn't, that you've blinded yourself to.

The only thing wrong with this is the lazy flipping and edits to up portrait counts. Prove me wrong you can't.

Attached: 1427726019136.jpg (369x363, 21K)

Yes, and they're all white. In fact, many are existing portraits, except more white.

>inb4 some 56% meme about how some of them aren't white enough

Literally half of them don't show any skin.

It's too early to have this discussion in the first place. As long as Alex doesn't hardcode restrictions on mods, Starsector has the same potential to end up like the Sims or Skyrim, with different sites hosting mods of differing mainstream acceptability.

>they're all white

Attached: 1539427606421.png (730x586, 285K)

"All white!"

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1364x476, 100K)

And half of them do. And they're all white.

Someone post CD key for the last version

Not gonna pay for eternal early access

Why the fuck are you advocating for limiting creative freedom. What's stopping a good tale being told via simple narrative framework?

So what if it's not inspired, all that matters is if it's inspiring in it's own right.

Galaxy of Galactic Hero's is brilliant and that draws heavily from real life parallels

That too. It's not even "this mod can't exist", it's Alex saying "I'm not hosting this mod on my website".

>racially homogeneous groups are intrinsically ethno nationalist
oof

>Please include at least one that includes a racial purity platform.

The state of Israel.

>it was always strategical interests, but never moral interests
Damn I must have imagined all those times when US wars were justified by "we have a moral duty to spread democracy".

It's a shame, I really liked this game. I want a refund now. Not because fascist shit that may be truth, but because forcing his point of view with others. And I don't like that kind of thing.

Attached: choseone.png (1597x665, 747K)

"No!"

yeah, because those justifications always came AFTER they declared their actual justifications

>I don't want this on my forum
>STOP FORCING YOUR VIEWS ON ME!

absolute retard

Mind you, what an author says has an effect on things. EA or Bethesda fully know just what sorts of mods lurk on loverslab or other places but decided on a don't ask don't even bother policy. Perhaps Alex should have gone third-party for mods in the first place and completely insulated himself from modders except to provide generic technical support.

>It's just a coincidence that all the Nazis are white

Anyway I'd just like to have sex mods in starsector, thanks.

That's a load of bullshit.
What was the declared non-moral justification to destroy Libya?

I put an official lolicon faction in-game with loli portraits so stupid SJW's and normalfags don't touch my game.

Attached: 1302470220588.gif (335x335, 479K)

You can go to /vg/ anytime.

well for one not all or most nazis are, and there are other fascist ideologies in other countries too user lmao

Even more proof of the white genocide agenda that is metastasizing all over the world

not letting it fall into the hands of religious extremists

True. However, because the NGO is literally born out of the National Socialist German Workers' Party in canon, I think we can narrow it down a little bit.

if that's true then yeah they're probably space nazis, still think that should be allowed in the game though

>people bought his game
Glad I always pirated.

Attached: 1460906634731.png (499x338, 38K)

But Gaddafi wasn't a religious extremist. In fact Libya now is more at risk of that than before.

There's a difference between allowing on the game and platforming the mod. Just host it on Nexus and call it a day.

You could make millions of different types of space fascist if you want, you could even give them a Wehrmacht aesthetic if you so desired but this modder was lazy, unimaginative, and chose to include content he knew would do nothing but create controversy. Mewl all you want about creative freedom when the point is the guy wasn't creative enough to save his work from being banned.

I will never understand how socialists except just for one nation, became the absolute antithesis to socialists who later became commies who had cummie dreams of a complete commie world. Surely at some point they had common goals.

Well it's still "you work for the state", but you do that by working for yourself, and it's all kind of fucky. Fascist economic policy also isn't super universal like it is with Communist groups, so that makes it even more complicated.

So someones mod got removed? Why does Yea Forums give a fuck? Starsector threads were practically dead save for few posters

Attached: 1550747805653.png (900x803, 612K)

>probably space nazis
>space ships named after nazi high command
hmmm

Uh-huh. Same thing with Afghanistan and Iraq? Oh wait.

because there are people who unironically think hitler did nothing wrong

Was the mod even good?

This. Fuck Hitler for not doing a proper job and fuck Hitler for killing millions of white people

Not really. The balance was alright, but the ships and weapons were all super boring and didn't add anything to the game. The sprites were alright, if samey, and that's only because they were imported from some furry space game.

no the ships were very unimaginative and ugly (just star destroyer shapes but edgy black and red), don't remember if they were any good but there are plenty of more interesting power creep mods out there if that's what you wanted

You would be surprised how many of those people do it because they want to peel your eyelids back and force you to have to account for human evil as a global condition and not one exclusive to particular actors. Especially post WW2 actors. We got Stalin, Mao, and even America with 37 nations invaded and over 20 million innocents killed since WW2 and yet America is cast as the good guy.

Attached: Shrug.jpg (250x332, 25K)

>tfw ironclads update never ever

Speaking as a sprites, there were some interesting designs. Some of the detail in the middle of the ships was quite nice. A more competent attempt at turning some of the design features into motifs beyond le black/white/red colors, some colour variations, would have made for very visually pleasing ships.

>modder acts like an obnoxious edgy cunt with a garbage mod
>gets banned
>UHM ACTUALLY NO YOU CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE HE WAS BASED AND REDPILLED I DEMAND A REFUND AND WE SHOULD BOYCOTT THIS GAME FELLOW Yea ForumsROS++

>the NGO is literally born out of the National Socialist German Workers' Party in canon,
Proof?

20 million is fucking peanuts. Mao killed twice as many of his own people as that.

Sprites were okay.

Attached: a.png (1471x1848, 1.57M)

There never was a single reference to Nazism. It's all in your head - the wording is so ambiguous that it could very well reference to fucking STALIN. Or the English Socialist party in the book 1984.

Because they weren't socialist and were funded by German capitalists and supported by the old German/Prussian elite. Both German national socialism and Italian fascism arose in large part as a more palpable force to the traditional elite compared to revolutionary threat from the left. Fascism defines itself by the nation/race, while marxism defines itself along class lines. Nazism was a way of ending 'class war' in favour of the upper class by dissolving democracy, banning trade unions and sending leftists to concentration camps. Fascism is about the primacy of the state and forceful dictatorial power (führerprinzip and all that), while socialism/marxism is, at least in theory, about power being in the hands of the people (workers). It's very dubious to call nazism socialism at all, unless you're a retarded mutt who thinks government does things = socialism. Socialism is supposed to put workers in charge of the means of production, which is something the nazis had very little interest in.

Those are some of the reasons.

Lot of missed opportunity for luftwaffe/u boat/German ww2 tank designs.

>There never was a single reference to Nazism.
lol

>The New Galactic Order is a dictatorship with heavy nationalistic influences and is build upon an old terran ideology.

And then the ships are named after the German High Command.

It's your argument to prove, nigger. I've read the mod thread and played it, and it's an ambiguous meme at best.

No, it's not. We all know the purpose of this thread. We all know that literally nothing could sway your mind, even the modder coming out and saying YES IT WAS ALL NAZIS 1488 GAS THE JEWS RACEWAR NOW. This thread is another endless cycle to bitch about da ebil SJWs and throw one of Yea Forums's favourite games under the bus because somewhere, on another site, a member of YOUR SIDE got banned.

There is no argument. Pretending there is one is pointless.

That's stretching things pretty far.

>tee hee we're not gonna say it out loud it's just heavily inspired by a ceeeeeeertain group~
This fools no one.

You probably didn't play the version before the mod was modified to scrub clean the references. The current version is most likely free of it (though I haven't played it), but the mod author had to act like a retard and announce the update of the mod with "cleansing the sector" which consequently prompted the community to act hostile and Alex to wash his hands of the whole thing. Point is that the mod had Nazi content, made references and the modder was very unapologetic about the whole thing. It's not fucking hard to not do these things.

Attached: 1528769865713.jpg (637x572, 245K)

The author's forum portrait portrait is a fucking german military officer.

Projecting is not an argument. I liked and played the mod and never felt that I was some neo-nazi edgelord. Now I can't play it anymore in the updated versions because of retards like you taking everything to their feelings. You are the fucking SJW, and people rightfully hate your retard ass.

The "New Galactic Order" is a dictatorship with heavy nationalistic influences and is build upon an old terran ideology.

The message of the first sight of an NGO invasion fleet got spread in the sector very fast and the big factions got nervous to see another new player
on the battlefield of dominating the sector. The knowledge about the NGO infused confusion among the established factions and scattered the most
bizarre rumors around. Some people believe that the NGO is the final liberation from all the despair that is currently present in the sector, other
malicious tongues think that the NGO is just another terrorist organization financed by old fanatic ideologists. Only one fact is true, that the closed file
"Exploration 841" got opened up again and that the intelligence agencies of the head faction are in steady exchange of data. People of the sector are
right now divided into two groups, hate or love for the "New Galactic Order".

Some politics suspect the "Interstellar Imperium" to be one of the main financial supporters of the "New Galactic Order" and that there exists an
extensive exchange of information between those two factions, in political, economical, scientific and military aspects. Even positive relations to the
"Independents" can not be excluded. It's still unknown how long those relationships are been there but the fact that the NGO possesses an terra-
formed planet speak volumes and only raises the already present paranoia of the head factions, especially of the "Hegemony".

The main idea behind the NGO is to establish an old terran ideology, when the need arises even by force. The leadership of the "New Galactic Order"
convicted the established factions to be responsible for the growing decadence and the downfall of human values since the collapse. Their only way to
secure the future of the human species lies in peace through war, in eradicating the corruption and to sow the seed of an most perfect ideology into
the hearts and minds of all people in the sector."

They're alright ships. If he had a sprite artist and some ideas for unique ship systems to modify their look, NGO could be great. But as it stands the sprites are just a recolor and the only hope for it to improve if there was more support. Besides Ahne and one guy updating it to 0.9a there is no real help to improve the mod.

Ah, it was mentioned that those sprites are from another game. How do originals look?

I don't have them on hand, but they were much brighter, and the larger ships were colony ships, with large domes with trees inside.

It's funny to me that you blame "the SJWs" for getting this mod nuked and not the author for using a Hitler's youth avatar which would obviously get him in trouble.

Attached: 1520867814337.jpg (709x574, 109K)

>Ah, it was mentioned that those sprites are from another game.
With permission too, if I remember correctly. Ahne could keep the same color scheme but it probably wouldn't get judged as edgy if they were a bit brighter.

Attached: stars_in_shadow.jpg (1032x774, 225K)

The Jews? Fucking anti-semite, NEVER FORGET THE SIX TRILLION

>mod creator was a slav
Every time. Why does these subhumans think nazis liked them?

Trouble with what? the law? his mother?
The reasoning for the ban and removal was arbitrary, pure and simple. Its only a problem because someone decided to make it a problem years after the fact.

>If I keep deflecting, people will suddenly turn off their brains and ignore the obvious!

>discord
Zoomer get ye gone

timesofisrael.com/germany-agrees-to-88-million-more-for-holocaust-survivors/

Because so many archetypal German men of breeding age died and so many German wombs were mongrelized that modern Germans are almost indistinguishable from them.

>Ok guys, we will see us and don't forget: "Purge the degenerated scum from this Sector!" ;)

The fact was now, dumb ass.

>Trouble with what?

Trouble with Alex you dense motherfucker. A game creator would never want someone who supports Nazism to have a platform on their own forums. That avatar is just short of outright using Hitler or a Swastika. You keep crying about people who "had a problem with it" but constantly fail to admit that if Ahne hadn't tried to play with Nazism with both his mod and his avatar none of this would have happened.

Attached: 1541070988544.jpg (389x388, 21K)

Oh man, edited versions are definitely better. I'm not always a fan of grim and dark, but it fits spaceships.

>Oh no, double down, post an irrelevant link! That will throw the discussion off of how stupidly fucking blatant this mod is that it's about Nazis

What's wrong with using an avatar of Hitler?

>88
germany please

Double down on what? I'm half-heartedly posting without giving goo much care. Settle down guy.

I don't like the Soviets either, but I'm not going around demanding that their logos be banned while Nazis are saved.

Are you triggered yet?

Attached: Finnish air forces.png (1280x1082, 103K)

>I want my identity on this forum to be associated with Hitler

Gee, I wonder.

It's not right to ban a mod because it is about nazis.

Attached: Merely Pretending.png (244x226, 2K)

>Be a tiny niche game in a tiny niche genre

>Someone want's to larp as a Nazi using your platform and potentially do damage to your tiny business

>Do you take a stand for one asshole and shoot yourself in the legs or get rid of the problem?

Given the state of the universe in Starsector, does a Nazi faction make sense?

It is when it glorifies Nazis, and the mod author is goes out of his way to appear to be a Nazi. And make jibes about enacting Nazi purges.

I mean this is an awful fucking thread, but how retarded are you guys that you think everyone is entitled to one post per thread?
>47 replies, 12 posters
>Average of 3.9 posts per person.
It's almost like there's people arguing with each other about shit so they post multiple times.

>you are allowed to do this but you must hate it
literally thought police

A fascist faction, yes, which Alex pointed out he has no problem with. Just literal Nazis don't fit, and is in incredibly poor taste.

I'm not pretending to be retarded you dipshit. I have no idea what your stake is here either, mine is just to get a few laughs.

Triggered by what? I'm not particularly offended by NGO nor swastikas. I'm just pointing out the fact that using Nazi imagery in a non-annymous public space is not acceptable and Ahne was foolish into thinking that wasn't the case. His actions were the ones that led the mod to be banned, putting the blame into anything else is foolish.

If you do then you might as well complain that you can't walk around with a shirt with a giant swastika without getting punched in the face, but good luck changing that fact.

Fun thread, Free Ahne

Attached: trick shot.webm (770x436, 2.36M)

>potentially damage your tiny business

I'll take things that have never happened for $300. This fictional scenarios you invent are hilarious. Not only that but media attention would only help his TINY NICHE game.

>Do I cave in for the SJWs and continue to make the world worse or stand up for people's right to be edgy, whether it's Nazis or Communists or whatever?

You can't even call it a Nazi faction when it's only implied to be such. 100% sure Ahne doesn't even know the policies of the Nazi Party, he's probably just a wehraboo idolizing the forbidden fruit.

He was banned literally for saying one line.

>Oh no, now I should say he's mad, that will deflect from the fact that, yes, this mod is obviously about Nazis!

wtf are you talking about

Attached: 66.jpg (214x214, 17K)

All mods should be banned

No, it's content police. On his own website. That he owns.

Only if you consider things in a vacuum ignore the context of why the other users of the forums weren't happy with that thread. They literally complain about his avatar for god's sake.

They come to his thread to complain how they are offended once they are in his thread. No, user, sorry, I don't see your point.

>I'm just pointing out the fact that using Nazi imagery in a non-annymous public space is not acceptable
Get the fuck out of here. Everything is "Nazi" these days when you get enough sheep to shout it. People are even calling for the removal of our swastika despite it predating the nazis. What next, you'll say "serves you right" when somebody assaults me for wearing a shirt featuring the Finnish Air Force? But communists and such are okay, because people haven't been conditioned to hate them as much. Get fucked, hypocrite.

Attached: 1988b7fdd6458664f45ddc45e4dda219.jpg (699x504, 113K)

So you wanted a circle jerk about how unjust the removal of the mod was, and are angry that dissenting opinions exist in the thread?

Where did you get the angry part? I wanted his mod not be banned. I wanted users who are upset with his mod to be instructed to not go to his thread, instead of banning him and his thread.

You know what is Nazis though? The literal Nazis. Which is what the mod was about, which is what his forum avatar had in it, which is what the line he got banned for was referencing. Stop being thick because it serves your purposes. At least have the fucking guts to say you don't have a problem with Nazis.