Final Fantas VII Remake

The genius behind Kingdom Hearts III is bringing us thid gsmre. Will it live up to the hype? Nomura, the man who designed Cloud and Sephiroth, is running the game. Why are you not hyped?

Attached: final_fantasy_7_remake_cloud_1113405.jpg (640x360, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/04/11/final-fantasy-vii-remake-interview-game-informer.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0
youtube.com/watch?v=cfHMIg4FPko
youtube.com/watch?v=BJEzSnDlaAY
youtu.be/1KxjGn30PDA?t=41
youtube.com/watch?v=3ws7BeK6DS0
youtube.com/watch?v=jX7C7s12-iM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>episodic

We're mostly going to be masturbating to Cloud here on Yea Forums.

Cloud needs some food

don't worry friend Cloud had a nice healthy meal

Attached: Mobius_Cloud_Chapters_comparison.png (705x663, 818K)

Why does Nomura need to direct this shit when it's just a remake of an existing game? Let the man work on KH Versus TWEWY

They’ll do something stupid and shocking like kill Tifa instead of Aerith.

lol nah

Episodes are a good idea considering doing this game in high fidelity would take a very long time, so episodes allow them to keep the scope and budget under control and not end up with another FFXV.

This way they can focus on a single chunk of the game and make that really good and detailed.

They've said they wanted someone involved with the original to direct to make sure it respects the original.

Or they can stop being retarded because back when they made FF7 it was already a game of massive scope back then, they were just able to actually make it because they had competent direction and deadlines.

>most "cutscenes" in the original were just characters standing, occasionally playing one of a handful of simple animations with dialogue boxes popping up
>every cutscene in the remake has to be animated and voiced at Advent Children levels otherwise fans would throw a hissy fit
Really makes you wonder why it would take so much more work.

>inb4 they don't HAVE to do that!
Yes, yes they do. That's what the fans are expecting of the remake. To believe the millions of crazed fans expect anything less is stupid.

everyone already knows it's gonna be trash
fanboys are gonna buy the first one, get that nostalgia booster shot, then episodes 2-5 are going to sell way less so they're going to crank up the lootrates and cosmetics

I've already stopped caring, personally

That was before Squeenix took the development internal. We know nothing about it, now.

The fans are also expecting it not to be cut down and split into episodes but they seem to have no problem with that.

Stop it! Final fantasy is not white Cloud is a blonde blue eyed asian man!
He is not white!

/thread

Even barring Square Enix's managerial incompetence, you just know Sony is pressuring them to postpone it to the PS5 since it's taking so long anyway and they can use it to push systems.

Unreal Engine

Because it's likely going to have a similar DLC situation to XV, and won't be fully released until god knows when. I'll stick with the original.

But be honest: You don't actually believe it's even possible they've made it non-episodic, right? We don't live in a pure theoretical world.

kys

Pretty sure the episodic strategy was a move on Square's part to begin with, anyway

no way in hell it will be as good as the original, there is honestly a really big chance its going to be a disaster. FFXV was incredibly bad and nomuras work on KH3 left a lot to be desired to say the least, I really don't get why people suck nomuras dick, just because he designed characters doesn't mean he is any good at game direction.

Square died when sakaguchi got outed

>Episodes
Wait, is this shit confirmed? Are they seriously doing it in an episodic way?

I like Nomura on Kingdom Hearts but personally I don't think he is the right person to make Final Fantasy. I also think that action combat is a mistake because it will be a lot harder to implement than a turn based system. This probably means a lot of stuff will be cut in other areas to focus on the battle mechanics when they could have just copy/pasted it from the old games and nobody would complain. If it's similar to KH3 I'm sure the combat will be fun but is it really worth it at the potential cost of loads of other stuff being cut?

>They have not even started to make the game
Yeah nah I won't even get to play this

Square should remake all its FF games in full 3d.
Itd be like printing money.
Also automata 2.

They did announce that it was going to be episodic but that was a few years ago and there was a pretty big backlash. They haven't brought it up again since then so I'm hoping that idea has been quietly scrapped and it's going to be a full game.

>genius behind Kingdom Hearts III
What?

It really should've been a 3DS remake in the vein of the DS remakes of III and IV. Could've still had your fancy schmancy voice acting and even new prerendered cinemas, and just retooled minor aspects of the gameplay while keeping the same overall format and not have to compromise anything. Would've sold like crack in a homeless shelter, too. Oh well.

It would be way too big if they actually tried to fit in details of the original and tried to stuff it into one disk so that’s not the problem. But it’s still gonna be shit

Red dead 2 came with 2 disks, there's no excuse for it being episodic

Square wants to make everything is super high detail resolution, even though they could barely release FFXV exactly because of that, it's a den of idiocy when it comes to direction

The original game came on multiple discs. I'm sure nobody would have a problem with the remake doing the same. If printing the extra discs is really going to cost them a lot more then just slap an extra $10 on the retail price. Better than having it be episodic.

>muh disk space
>in 2019
jesus christ I knew Yea Forums was fucking braindead but to think this is where it was still stuck

What the fuck does this even mean, you didn't say anything with this post

it was never, ever a discussion of fucking disk space

>Why are you not hyped?
Because nearly everything they've shown or mentioned about it so far just screams "cash grab". Episodic, potentially removing content that they now find questionable, the battle system being turned into another shitty KH style action rpg, etc.

Attached: 13654763984278.png (466x604, 276K)

>It would be way too big if they actually tried to fit in details of the original and tried to stuff it into one disk

Not hyped because Nomura is one of the most overrated directors in the vidya industry.
He will never be able to make something that even comes a quarter as close to the magic of the original 7, without a doubt one of the big hacks in Square Enix.

Are you silly? For starters, remaking a 2D game in 3D is pretty much the exact same amount of work as making a game from scratch. Also, even if the original is extremely popular, the appeal to the fans can easily backfire if they feel their beloved game is soiled by the remake.

The battle system copying KH is a good thing, though

>genius
>implying KH3 wasn't anything but a disappointment to anyone who isn't a fan fiction writing tier autist in the fanbase.

FF7R is fucked before it even gets worked on by SE themselves, let alone the outsourcing they did, which is FUCKING INSULTING considering its literally their BIGGEST POTENTIAL cash cow of all time. I hope someone fucking finds Nomura and ends him, I really do.

No, it's really not you ADHD faggot. Fuck off.

I'd rather have turn-based/ATB or an actual fleshed out action game than a watered down middle ground, personally.

you are fucking retarded

I meant to quote that retard too, the remake being episodic is not about fucking disk space and it never was.

KH3 is literally unfinished and shit

>Episodic, potentially removing content
I thought they said they're making it episodic to NOT cut content and actually ADD new content

>genius behind Kingdom Hearts III
Are you actually retarded? He didn't do shit, the dev team did. All he did was vomit a garbage story and redesign some characters. KH3 is fun to play, but riddled with god awful cutscenes of a god awful story. DESU, I'm scared to play anything he touches as director, if his storywriting is this trash. KH, KH2, and KH:CoM were his last "good" works, and only because it wasn't riddled with all the Xehanort retardation yet, beyond "Ansem" and "Xemnas". The only hope I have for VII is that the Dev team is generally good at what they do, and FFVII is already written for them. As long as they don't screw that up, it has potential.

Well, yes, but actually no. If it was a handheld game, as mentioned, they could get away with copy/pasting the gameplay, and it would probably do well. On console, though, it would seem stale, as turned-based gameplay on its own is stale. But having the original FFVII with revamped graphics/models and voice acting, on-the-go would be new.

I was responding to him though, not your dumbass

If it's episodic, it's gonna be garbage, Episodic has never worked for any game series

>The genius behind Kingdom Hearts III
you people need serious help.

Then why haven’t they done it, if it just prints money? Also, SE is clearly being careful with the VII remade and not just shitting a modded version of FFXV or something.

Its about the time frame it’d take to fucking fit as much content they’d need into each part not the fucking disk space . This shit wouldn’t release until 2023 if they actually were to go all out and release the game all together

Oh, shut the fuck up, you little shit. It obviously won't have all the flashy and crazy shit from KH. I would rather have ADHD than being stuck in the past like a faggot. What's the point of a remake if not reimagine the original? Are you incapable of enjoying the original if it doesn't have pretty graphics? Literally zoomer mentality right here. There's a reason why KH2 is considered one of the best ARPGs ever made and it's not because of the retarded story

i'd be fine with that, it's not like i'm missing out on new content, it's a remake which means I have the original

Making it episodic would ruin the over all narrative, make things worse on the whole for people who want to get into it since they'd be a 6 month pause minimum between each episode, shit like an overworld where you can go anywhere Is borderline broken with an episodic which would ruin the original

Reminder

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/04/11/final-fantasy-vii-remake-interview-game-informer.aspx
>When the remake was first announced, there was some confusion among fans about its multi-part format. Is comparing it to the Final Fantasy XIII saga fair in that regard? Will each entry have that kind of scope?
>It will essentially be a full-scale game for each part of the multi-part series.
>So, if we’re just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy XIII game.

>april 2016
I don't think that interview is relevant anymore, Square has been changing a lot of things internally and so far VIIR is the only big game they have announced, maybe they'll go all out on VIIR and finish it quickly

I'm hyped. Always look forward to SE stuff even if the quality isn't always the best. I feel like the games they make are made just to try and show people cool stuff they came up with, which I love.
Plus western games are dead. I haven't bought a non-jap game in years.
I look at garbage like anthem, fallout, dead by daylight, fifa etc and feel glad I can just play my jrpgs without being raped by season passes, bugs, dlc and microtransactions.
If the sephiroth fights are anything like kingdom hearts 2, I'll be overjoyed.

Attached: 1489674623495.png (532x582, 514K)

>it's another episodic game and people are falling for it

Attached: 132885.jpg (500x558, 33K)

that doesn't make any sense, if it's their only big game then wouldn't keeping it multiple big games be the smartest move? that way they'll have at least another big ff7 game in the wings

also the avengers project exists

square don't seem to be abandoning video games any time in the near future like that kike gaben

Almost wish they would, with FFXV being garbage, and KH3 being mediocre aside from the Disney areas and top-notch visuals. I really hope they don't touch the Nier series, and just give Yoko Taro free reign with a dev team, now that he seems to be learning what he can and can't do gameplay-wise. That's my only hope for Square at his point.

Do fans of the original care about the switch from turn-based to real-time?

I do, but I've long since lost what little interest I had in the remake.

/thread

>wouldn't keeping it multiple big games be the smartest move?
The hype would die if we kept getting FFVII releases for the next 5 years, iirc every subsequent part of XIII sold less than the previous part. It's better to make a huge marketing campaign for the whole thing than at every part

FFXIII was also a stinker that turned people off, if they can make FFVIIR part 1 a smash hit then people will be drooling for more

No matter all the good Nomura may have done, I will never forgive him for the atrocity that is Tidus and FFX.

No. I'm all for changes as long as the game keeps it's "soul", REmake 2 did it just fine and it turned out to be better than the original. A remake works like a "what could have been..." situation so if it turns out to be shit it won't spoil the memory of the original and if it's good fans can enjoy new content for the series

if you think it's going to look anything different than ff15, you are out of your mind

youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

>different team
>different engine
>different art style
Is this bait?

>2021
>everything transitions for cost saving

>thid gsmre

Why can't people on this site type properly?

>Why are you not hyped?
Because it's not coming out.

Who is Aerith? The only characters I remember dying are Zack, Sephiroth, and Aeris.

I do. I love turn based and ATB games. (With two to three exceptions.) Changing the genre changes the remake into a re-imagining. I've no interest in it.

Only SE seems incapable of smashing anything at this point other than their heads against a wall. Look at the train wreck that is FFXV, and the movie that should have been part of the game. And the mediocre FFXIII series.

EXCUSE ME, SPOILERS???

I think Nomura sucks.

Aerith = Aeris
Aeris = Aerith

What bootleg version did you play?

Your jokes aside, there were a lot more and it's sad if you don't remember them, since VII treated death with the utmost respect. (It was how I found out Tseng didn't die before AC released. From context clues. VII would've never treated Elena's grief as a joke.)

They transitioned from Luminous to UE4 because it was a bitch to work with. After KH3 they know how to handle the engine just fine

when was even the last time square has internally made a good video game?

Attached: 1506229820406.jpg (618x597, 144K)

The one I got from my uncle who works at Square.

are you the next ffxiv-kun, but for ff7-remakefaggotry?

/thread

Because it doesn’t need to be made, and they’re changing the gameplay anyways. Waste of resources, the original is perfect as is, and there’s zero possibility that this remake lives up to it

KH3 flopped as will this. Nomura should just be fired at this point

No, I'm just stalling at work until I can go home

It's FF15 with a different skin, which was a shit game.

Nu Square is terrible.

I actually don't think turn based combat is stale anymore. It got stale around the PS2 generation but then around PS3/360 time everybody stopped doing it for years. Which meant by the time games like Persona 5 and Dragon Quest 11 released it was actually refreshing to have a console JRPG with fully turn based combat instead of some weird action hybrid. I think the way to make it fresh is to just animate everything beautifully and make it really stylish. Both the games I just mentioned do this really well since the enemies from both series have so much personality.

>action combat instead of turn based which they have clearly shown they can't do properly with XV
>all the wacky stuff will be removed so it doesn't look too out of place with the grim realistic style
>will probably never come out anyway because the amount of work they would have to do to properly translate the game into a modern environment will take literal decades
I just don't think SE is even able to handle games like this anymore. There will be another 5 years of development hell before they finally come out and admit they will drop it, mark my words.

>Clearly being careful

What? It looks like a shitty modded version of FFXV

Yes, because every new system square has come up with has been objectively worse

ITT nostalgiadrone boomers circlejerk their collective shit taste

Attached: KH3-[00.03.967-00.22.133].webm (1280x720, 2.58M)

This.
There's never been an "episodic" game that's been better for it.

I'd like to argue with you on that, but desu, for SE, it might be the safest bet. FF as a series started suffering when they modified the gameplay formula post-FFX. They still kind of had a turn-based system with XII and XIII, but the way it controlled was, imo, ass. And of course there's FFXV, which was just button-mashing pseudo-action. Turn-based, combined with overhauled graphics and voice on a story that's already written for them may actually just save their sorry asses from ruining their reputation more. Maybe.

HE is white

You just lost a sale and i'm not going to bother FUCK OFF! you have one job Square enix do not fuck this up and you already did. I hope you mother fuckers go broke and starve on the streets. Pirate for life cunt.

PS5 launch title

Eat a bullet GOD I HATE MODERN GAME COMPANY KILLING MY GAMES FUCK DIE OFF!

If only KH3 was challenging enough to utilize that flashy combat. Can't exactly stress-test it and compare it to KH2's solid combat, when the only optional boss is barely a challenge in Proud.

>Ps3
Nope
>Ps4
Nope
>Ps5
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRR LET'S WAIT 10 YEARS FOR A PILE OF TURDS!

No. The original had some of the worst combat in the series.

I have no hype nor do i give a shit anymore it's going to be shit like 15.

I prefer turn based personally, and even out of solidarity for the fanbase, I don't quite agree.

Lightning Returns XIII Schemata > V-VIII ATB > X-2 Real time ATB > III turn based > IV ATB > Dissidia Duodecim realtime > II turn based > World of Final Fantasy fastest ATB > X conditional turn based > IX ATB > I turn based > After Years ATB > XIII-2 stacked ATB, tuned Paradigms & Leader Switch > Before Crisis realtime > XIII stacked ATB & Paradigms > Dirge of Cerberus third person shooter > World of Final Fantasy any other setting > Type-0 realtime > XII Gambits > Crisis Core realtime > XV realtime

Anything past 10 is shit

13’s combat was good when the gameplay actually got challenging, but it was still turnbased

10 is shit

Nope

Absolutely. one of the worst in fact.

kys

zoom zoom

>Absolutely, one of the wost in my unpopular, shitty opinion.
ftfy

LOL NA NOT EVEN CLOSE

Zoomer go zoom!

I didn't dispute that? I did call it stacked ATB (where you only control one character, and it really doesn't matter, because it's decisively non-interactive, so you may as well push autobattle for them as well.), because you can (and will) stack ATB segments to act in a row. In practice it's a single really long ATB bar that has an action command which instead of a single swing is multiple swings. It's boring beyond belief. It has a few adrenaline filled fights though, which is why they weren't at the bottomside of the list.

are you really comparing the scope of ff7 with all the hardwork that has to go into game these days?
ff7 was literally a painted background where you couldnt move around objects and see them from different angles, where the only 3d thing was the character themselves. Games these days requires you to be able to move around and see them from different angles greatly increasing production to make these areas as oppose to just paint a fucking background thats static.
Also non episodic would make the game huge depending on their ambition, gta v for example without multiplayer is 75gb, ff15 was 100,150 with 4k texture packs.
Theres a reason why square enix and most japanese companies struggled during the ps3 era due to the huge shift in how you make games with all the increase in fidelity and going from 2d enviroments to full 3d.

Attached: 357568.jpg (606x406, 94K)

samefag

>turn based
its already ruined. all these years people were asking for a VII remake they were just hoping for the game as it is with whatever graphics were feasible at the time. Maybe some rebalancing of materia or whatever.
instead they're scared of sales being low so they slap on more hamfisted ARPG shit

FF7 was not an easy game to make back when it was made. What's changed is them blowing up the budget and staff size to ten times what it used to be to invest what doesn't need to be invested. I'd much rather get a game of FF7's graphical quality if it comes with FF7's quality of gameplay and story over another drawn-out fucking mess of a game like FF15.

>The genius behind Kingdom Hearts III
We're fucked

This. It's just the safest way to make sure the game is actually satisfying. If they get too ambitious with it then we'll have another FFXV on our hands.

fpbp

>Why are you not hyped?
Because it's something related to FF7 that isn't the original release of FF7. Which means it's going to be shit. They got lucky and milked it for 20 years.

The world of final fantasy 7 would be too expensive to make with current gen graphics and so the remake is doomed to be a stripped down shadow of it's former self.

Any news on it?

It's shit you underage. It was the end of classic FF and the beginning of shitty voice acting shitty corridors shitty everything.

>Why does Nomura need to direct this shit when it's just a remake of an existing game?
Because he was heavily involved with the original; having the original developers work on a remake is always a good thing unless you want the remake to be soulless rape like Spyro Reignited Trilogy

>Let the man work on KH Versus TWEWY
He's no more involved with KH; he will however direct Versus and TWEWY

This that mobile game?

>everyone already knows it's gonna be trash
There's absolutely not a single reason to believe it's going to be trash

Yes.

>This probably means a lot of stuff will be cut in other areas to focus on the battle mechanics
There's no reason at all why an action combat would cut in other areas

>there's no excuse for it being episodic
There is because to release it all at once would mean having to wait until God knows when, while in this way you can at least play a part of it (and the developers could also learn from feedback and eventually improve the rest)

>Episodic
It was inevitable

>potentially removing content that they now find questionable
Where does this come from?

>the battle system being turned into another shitty KH style action rpg,
And that's an overwhelmingly good thing, since KH's combat is one of the best (if not THE best) action combat ever made for a jrpg, and objectively miles above any ATB.

ARPG. It's a trash genre by definition, hopelessly outclassed by RPG and Action.

However less taste subjectively beyond that past behavior is indicative of future behavior and the culture of Square-Enix and structure of modern Final Fantasy and its development doesn't fit the zaniness of VII, so they will miss the mark. Even beyond that VII was a pioneer (Yes, I know it's VI again, but I trust you know what I mean) in the sense that it tried to be best game it could be. A loyal remake would be shackled, it could only be excellent, not a revolution. A different new VII on the other hand would be an abomination. VII can't be remade. It could only happen then.

>or an actual fleshed out action game
And that's how it's going to be

maybe ff7r will manage to live up but is difficult since doing it in three parts years apart wrecks the entire pacing which is the thing that makes FF7 special

honestly it doesnt even matter that much to me anymore because i finally got a HD backround mod thanks to AI

youtube.com/watch?v=cfHMIg4FPko

youtube.com/watch?v=BJEzSnDlaAY

Attached: ff7.jpg (1600x1200, 512K)

Development is going very smoothly, it will probably come out this year.

KH3 was actually a great experience so I am excited for this.
>inb4 Yea Forums contrarians and barry tell me I didn't actually enjoy it
Like other anons said, I'm a bit concerened about the episodic release, I get it though. Old FF games are unrealisticly huge if you want to remake them into squenix's semi-realistic modern style. I honestly don't get it, why not go for a more artsy style, maybe even cellshaded that reflects the original art. It would save so much time and money, I also don't get why they can't do the old World Map style anymore. Do people really mind being a giant on a map? I always loved that shit, expescially with all the different vehicles you could get.

>It's FF15 with a different skin,
There's absolutely nothing resembling FFXV in FF7R.

>which they have clearly shown they can't do properly with XV
But KH shows the opposite

>all the wacky stuff will be removed
There's no reason to think that, in fact they already said they want to keep as much stuff as possible

>will probably never come out anyway because the amount of work they would have to do to properly translate the game into a modern environment will take literal decades
That's precisely why they're making it episodic; considering they've working on it for at least 4 years, I'll give it 1 more year at worst to come out.

>nobody would complain
Westerners would, they don't play turn based games aside from Pokemon, and the appeal of those games is the collecting not the battles. Blame modern media turning everyone into retards with paper thin attention spans.

Nomura is a fucking hack

KH3 gave me hope in FF7 remake.. if all i had to go on was FFXV i would be insanely worried

Wrong

Honestly I think it just would have been easier to make a sequel or spin off that retcons advent children.

Or just make a new ip.

I'd rather wait for a full game than a bullshit mess that ruins the plot by making you wait 6+ months for the next part
Episodic formatting ruins games on the whole

Objectively speaking, it's one of the best.

>Or just make a new ip.
They don't know how to do that anymore. They have no creatives left and are terrified of taking risk.

>Because it's something related to FF7 that isn't the original release of FF7. Which means it's going to be shit.
What an absolutely retarded reasoning

Ah yes I too can't wait for a 5 year gap between each episode so that the graphics and gameplay will be be nothing alike with each episode. We'll be lucky to even get the whole game within a single console generation.

No it's really not. It shit on so many classic aspects of FF and just feels like generic teen romance tripe.
Sorry to shit on your first rpg little one.

Simon Says will never be good. You either play it exactly how the developers intended with no challenge or the battles take an inordinate amount of time.

>shitty voice acting
The voice acting was good though.

>shitty everything
Plot, narrative and art direction are some of the absolute best in the series.

Sephiroth will pose a massive problem. Vergil is basically the same kind of character but a thousand times better. After DMC V people will just compare Sephiroth to Vergil and realize how much he truly sucks as a character. Most overrated FF villain ever.

ps. fuck what death battle says, Vergil is stronger than Sephiroth, period. Vergil is the son of a mighty demon lord, Sephiroth is just an ordinary human with alien dna injected in him, he's a defective experiment.

The VA was the worst in the series for numerous reasons.

I really disagree. It the worst character design in the entire series bar none. The plot was ok if generic. The narrative was solid.

sephiroth doesnt need to do shit other than show up and look pretty with a katana for people to gush over him

he never was cool, he just has a design that appeals to teenage edgelords

Why can't they just make a new fucking game that gave me the same feels as FF7 did when I was a child?

The same feels playing Starcarft, or Diablo, Diablo 2, World of Warcraft, Warcraft 3, for the first time?

It's been over a decade and I have yet to feel these feels ever again.

Will I ever get to feel these feels ever again? Everytime some company does a "remake" I have yet to feel the same as I did before.

Am I incapable of this feel?

Why even live if not to make others on online multiplayer games suffer?

Attached: GifPepeWarlock.gif (250x251, 1.09M)

>It shit on so many classic aspects of FF
Except for exploration, soundtrack and (maybe) characters it's one of the best in nearly every aspect

>Vergil is basically the same kind of character but a thousand times better.

bullshit you basically just think because seph looks like the archtypical animu silver hairded faggot rival, which is not his character at all.

its his story that makes him memorably in the original, he is basically a psychopath.
Later SE cashed in on the garbage "silver haired animu faggot rival" trend and sold him as this to idiots that have not played the original or have not played the original in decades like you.

The ONLY thing it does well is combat. And it even fucks that up with the simon says bullshit and illusion of choice grid.

I am not hyped because for the past decade and a half, it's become abundantly clear that Square Enix has no idea how to manage projects and their productivity has suffered greatly, resulting in piss-poor games which satisfy neither veteran fans nor new blood dipping in for a brief vacation.

That pretty much IS what Sephiroth is. Vergil is a way more complex and well crafted character. And fra nkly Vergil uses a katana better than "sephy" does, Sephiroth's technique is sloppy and it looks like the designers just have him flail it around like an imbecile trying too hard to look cool:

youtu.be/1KxjGn30PDA?t=41

youtube.com/watch?v=3ws7BeK6DS0

>thats pretty much what seph is

no its not retard play the original again and ignore the compilation and kh rape of the characters.
Hell they raped sephs character after the original even worse than they did with emo cloud.

lol posting compilation crap, i am talking about the original you know the one game that was good, the one game that made the characters, the one game that was complete and had a complete story.
i am not talking about the milking garbage years later that.

kH3 made me worried about FF7R actually

in the original seph is closer to a horror antagonist than a animu faggot rival.

Well whatever he was before, it's been retconned. Advent Children onward IS Sephiroth. Some silver haired anime edgelord ranting about darkness and flailing some oversized katana around. He's literally Coldsteel as a human. Also that gay "he has one angel wing" gimmick, I guess to show how speshul he is. Fuck Sephiroth, Vergil would eat him alive.

youtube.com/watch?v=jX7C7s12-iM

See that? That is how a master uses a katana. Sephiroth uses his like some sloppy fat kid in a fedora trying to look badass and failing.

>Why are you not hyped?
Let's see
>Genesis
>ARPG from a company that made two good ARPGs over a decade ago and a bunch of mediocre ones since
>Genesis
>It would be generous to think that the first episode will be released by 2020
>Genesis
>Square-Enix's unhealthy obssession with marketing Final Fantasy as Mature Games for Mature Gamers means that a lot of the memorable comic relief moments in the game will be toned down at best, and removed at worst
>FUCKING GENESIS
I've had no hope for the game since day 1. I'll rent episode 3 or whatever to see HD Wheelchair Cloud, and that's it.

>Showing a webm of someone taking out four health bars of one of the last bosses in one combo
Great "Game!"

>well whatever he was before, it's been retconned.
doesnt matter nomura has already stated he will go by the original characters which is why he already warned that cloud will be a lot more goofy and weird because thats what he was in the original game.

Fuck Sephiroth.

I have hard time believing that, when the only picture he presented to the world in years had Sephiroth with a black wing and Cloud looking downward and away from the Shinra building. (It was selling their rivalry even. Disregarding the fact that the original Sephiroth did not fucking care about him at all.)