What makes a gay character “forced”? Talking about their sexuality...

What makes a gay character “forced”? Talking about their sexuality? Does that make straight characters who do the same thing “forced” too? What is the difference?

Attached: DBADB028-BA6B-4B47-8816-2EFD3CAE87A6.png (959x1500, 1.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

geek.com/games/overwatch-contenders-player-ellie-was-a-fake-person-1768507/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11501300/
carm.org/statistics-homosexual-promiscuity
youtu.be/SLFGMWoQaCU
youtube.com/watch?v=B4WwQHoDTYk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What is the difference?
there is none
people just complain when things arent the way they want, and ignore the irony in complaining about forced politics while at the same time demanding that anything that doesnt fit their vision of normal is "forced"

at this rate, people will think a guy wearing pink for no reason is "forced" because "they are making a male break gender norms for no reason" as if a guy needed a reason to wear pink anymore than he needed a reason to be gay

on Yea Forums forced means “thing I don’t like” you retarded newfag. also obligatory

I thought it meant literally rape.

>What is the difference?
Straight people aren’t 1% of the population.

Being straight is normal and typically implied. A man talking about his wife or how banging got some bimbo is is normal and expected. 95% of people are straight, they can relate.
Suddenly, when you break the norm to pander to 5% or so, and ostracize the majority, it feels contrived. This isn’t a crazy concept anyone should have to explain to you.

Well for starters making a character with no prior history of even mentioning his sexual relations suddenly becoming gay after the original creator jumped ship screams "forced." Especially when it cropped up only a week after a Mexican employee left and called out the company for workplace harassment and racism.

Oy vey, goyim. That's wrongthink.

What gay characters “and ostracize the majority” then?

How a character's background is shoehorned into a game where sexual alignment is irrelevant just so it can be a distraction from the real mechanical flaws of the product. They knew it would cause outrage and backlash, it was an intentional decision for this purpose.

If you think developers really care about minorities or trans people then you are a fool, they do it to pat themselves on the back, gain free advertising through the shitstorms and buzz created, and distract from other problems which are actually about VIDEO GAMES.

Politics and social politics do not belong in video games. Make your characters into whatever you want, but don't have it as a focus, you're not a fucking politician or an activist. Just make good fucking games.

Attached: 1540685786613.jpg (168x300, 6K)

how is this different from any other minority.

Because its behavior rather than phenotype/ancestry?

Name one straight character who talks about his sexuality

Did you guys see the newest tweet from the Shovel Knight devs? Why do game developers have to force straight characters on us? I've never seen anybody do this for gay characters, only straight characters get shoved in our faces like this and it's disgusting! This is Trump's America, cheese and rice!

Attached: em9o2.png (470x345, 51K)

I think Bill from TLoU was a great example of a non-forced gay character. It was never said outright, but so largely implied that it couldn’t be taken any other way. It was important to his character, but not defining. It didn’t feel like it was unnecessary, like he was a regular character, just gay. And the game didn’t dwell on it before moving on the next plot point. He should be lauded as a great gay character, not Ellie, who I am still convinced was TURNED gay just for pandering issues.

>'This person is different to other people'
>'What the fuck, different people don't exist! This is forced bullshit!'

>What makes a gay character “forced”?
>Hey I'm 'character'! I'm gay
>My backstory revolves around me sucking dick like I'm OP
>my story within the game also revolves around my unconventional sexuality and how errybody should accept it
>refuse to be my buttbuddy and you get the bad end
>did I mention that I'm gay
Essentially, I'm talking about DA2

Its only forced here because it was used to distract people from financial failures and layoffs, also to make the company look good for profiting reasons.

They mentioned gay characters before the game came out and El Espectro Negro has some in-game banter with somebody (McCree? 76? ) that could be read as gay (in the way that Venom's obsession over Spiderman is kinda gay).

Unless the game is actually about fucking, it seems irrelevant either way. I guess you could tie it into the gameplay somehow. Maybe one of those really insane puzzles from a point and click game, where you have to get a gay man to sleep with a woman so you can steal his keycard or something.

Nothing does. They just hate gay people and don't want anything to do with them, so the idea of liking something "gay" makes them uncomfortable.

All the stuff like "it's just a commercial move" are just excuses to fuel this hate. Even a huge pair of boobs is a clear commercial move but you don't see straight people complaining.

Is this real life? Pretty sure it's fake, but I'd buy multiple copies just to support bantz of that level

I didn't like Solider 76's reveal because it felt like gay baiting. They teased since Tracer that "oh there's other gay characters in game we're just not revealing them", it trivialising their sexuality into an event or something that requires narrative build up. See Respawn just said "yeah this one is gay" in regards to their gay character, while Overwatch made it the emotional crux of a comic, and while Respawn might sound worse in that example I prefer Respawn as rather than dancing around it for years they just pointed at it and said "here.", while 76 is paraded around.

I'd argue Respawn is *more* progressive than Blizzard in that regard because rather than making it a big deal they simply stated that's what it was. They made it not a big deal because it's not a big deal.

this

>be gay
>talk about gay shit
>"Stop pandering to the 5%! Why are you ostracizing the majority!? Your existence feels contrived!"
god straight "people" are the fucking worst

Attached: burn-it.jpg (267x323, 22K)

can't find it on their twitter.
why would anyone even spend time making a fake witter screencap this worthless?

If their gayness is not relevant to the story at all, yet we still learn about it, its forced.

A character is forced when it was designed specifically to pander to some demographic rather than as a product of a more natural writing process.
This is redundant for Overwatch, because every character in that game is forced, like their attempts to stay relevant or have an e-sports scene.

When the sexuality becomes their main defining feature
Same for token race characters, and I don't mean just human ethnicities.

Money is politics, people just can't deal with it.

Yep and look at EA who was nominated two years as worst company in America and then they added stuff like he for she and this pro gay and trans rights mumbo jumbo. Do you seriously think big wig companies did this because they actually care, or just to make themselves look good just to sell a product?

>How a character's background is shoehorned into a game where sexual alignment is irrelevant just so it can be a distraction from the real mechanical flaws of the product. They knew it would cause outrage and backlash, it was an intentional decision for this purpose.
That statement doesn't apply to Soldier at all though.

Soldiers sexuality isn't mentioned anywhere in game. In fact, neither is Tracers despite us knowing it for over a year now.

It's not shoehorned into a game. It's not even IN the game.

Rational thinking like that will trigger the incels.

It's funny they are "race blind" when the protagonists are all white straight males. They don't have any integrity and just want white male dominated media.

But user...

Attached: buttanon.png (563x178, 11K)

It's called a generator, Grandpa Boomer. Please learn how to use the internet, you're embarrassing us.
And you only think it's worthless because it makes yours and OP's argument look completely foolish. Go back to your chair now.

Attached: 181 - IjEIMME.jpg (467x433, 40K)

This. They make a big fuss about a fictional character's sexuality in a game where lore and character depths are as low as could possibly be.

I cannot understand how gays or trans people aren't offended by the blatant pandering and trivialization of sexual alignments, it's plain disrespectful to parade sexual orientation around, or even race just for the benefit of the company and have it spread like wildfire through political activists who will vilify anyone who sees through this act, or is against this blatant pushing of characters' sexuality because it's fucking irrelevant.

Attached: 1540712099097.jpg (1024x681, 95K)

>The fact that a character is gay gets casually mentioned
>Yea Forums loses their fucking shit
The words 'shoehorned' and 'forced' get used so often they've lost their meaning.

I get the feeling you don't have many freinds.

Ohhhh, so I had it backwards, and only gay shit is forced on us while nobody ever forces straight characters like OP thinks they do? My mistake! I guess that's really how it be, huh?

Attached: 1532765300099.jpg (513x486, 101K)

Why bring it up if it's not going to be important to the character? Better yet, why not show it to us, first? You know how people complain about forced romance? It's kinda like that. No reason to be there except for the writer to get cheap brownie points.

>when you break the norm to pander to 5% or so, and ostracize the majority
The game has 30 characters and 2 are gay. Less than 5% of the cast is gay.

You are supposedly being ostracized by having less gay characters than real life, according to you.

Protip: You're not being ostracized. You just don't want to see it. That's on you. I don't care for that shit either but I sure as fuck don't feel "ostracized" when it does happen you autistic fuck.

>Politics and social politics do not belong in video games. Make your characters into whatever you want, but don't have it as a focus, you're not a fucking politician or an activist. Just make good fucking games.

I love how everyone who says this literally has no argument for why this should be the case. Why can't the game be good and send a political message?

it's with 76 but Reaper has a child so it's clear that he's straight as of right now

So you're telling me he had no background then one was shoehorned in for social politics reasons?

''Forced'' is a stupid meme people use to try and be PC about the subject.
The real issue isn't some retarded concept of something being ''forced,'' the real issue is that these faggot devs are pushing gay shit down everyone's throat. Every show, every game, everything has to be filled with faggotry.
Homosexuals are mentally ill degenerates and they shouldn't even get representation.
Obscenity laws should be used to put people in jail for trying to portray homosexuality as something normal, good or desirable.

we gonna force that gay shit up your ass and down your throat home boy

you gon be a pig on a spit

Mentioning his sexuality either way when it is not relevant to the story.
We don't know or care whether Doom Marine fucks men or women or both, since it's not at all relevant.

This is wrong though. You could have maximum friendship with every single character if you even paid the slightest amount of attention. And the points you get taken away for rebuffing Anders is like 5 points. That’s fucking negligible in the long run.

>They teased since Tracer that "oh there's other gay characters in game we're just not revealing them", it trivialising their sexuality into an event or something that requires narrative build up.
That's because of journalists and the community, not Blizzard.

It was an interview and when asked, one of them mentioned that one of the characters is LGBT but they're not able to say who because it would imply information about upcoming content. That quote was focused on and became headlines, and then people discussed it and got excited about it. Calling that "Blizzard hyping it up like an event" is disingenuous as fuck.

Because the developers are incompetent. Look at the difference between forced and regular gay characters, or trans or whatever. They don't make it a point to parade this irrelevant aspect of a standard human being. Today they do it for the brownie points and to distract from existing flaws.

There were plenty of games in the past with gay characters and other progressive shit but no one cares because it felt normal, it wasn't a focus, it was just a character being themselves, the most that went through people's mind was "oh, ok, cool" and that's it, they moved on to the rest of the game and rest of the characters.

More than one out of a hundred named characters being non-heterosexual.

that's pretty on point

But user, we've actually had word about that.

Attached: 0d9.jpg (1200x893, 173K)

You're exactly the reason why the "forced" thing exists, because you're a massive intolerant butt baby that is completely out of place in modern society.

Maybe you can't understand because you don't know what it's like to have your only representation in media be as a fucking joke for 50+ years.
Then after we were a joke, the jews decided to be "progressive" and make every gay character magical mary-sues.
At this point, having a character who is fallible yet capable is a huge step forward, regardless of the shady jewery that is actually pushing the hands of devs.

>be gay
>never shut the fuck up that I'm gay because it's the only outstanding thing about me
>constantly whine about how my faggotry is not represented in video games because there's nothing else I can relate to
>finally get my forced faggot character but still upset because nobody likes him

>5%

Aw, it thinks it's worthy of having an opinion. So cuuute!~

Attached: bussy-rules.jpg (500x641, 55K)

Source? That sounds reasonable and I don't view Blizzard as big bad guys rallying the gays for sales or whatever but I don't see how any of the then upcoming content (counting comics, shorts as content I'm presuming) have related too character's sexuality outside of Tracer's / Solider's reveals.

Also for the record I'm okay with Tracer's 'reveal' comic, making the face of your franchise gay is a ballsy move imo (I remember a few years back I think it was DC was like "heeeyy guys someone is going to be gay soon!!" and it was some C-List at best) and it was close enough to launch to not be seen as grasping for a headline.

>We don't know or care whether Doom Marine fucks men or women or both, since it's not at all relevant
we've actually had word about that.
>Carmack: Doomguy...doesn't even know what sex is
Doesn't that just prove first user right?

we dont like niggers or pedophile religion practicers here either

I'm fucking queer, fucknuts. The whole representation of any non-hetero sexual orientation is disingenuous, it's sickening even. It's akin to the glorification of stereotypical hetero shit Duke Nukem did in the past. Can people not see this absurdity?

For as long as they aren't treating their character's equally and normally, it will be forced.

Doomguy is pure! PURE!

Sure, I am the reason exists, for saying something people have been saying for thousands of years. I made this happen, not the people in charge who put shit in games.
Makes sense.

i'm okay with it if it's in tone with general theme of the game
i think Spec Ops: The Line is a shit game with a dumb political message, but at least the political message was in tone with the game so it wasn't jarring

when you throw in random
>btw i'm trans :^)
lines, you're just smuggling in cheap propaganda without regard to the writing

When a character's sexuality is revealed when the parent company is going through times of extreme controversy and they need to rally the "fans" with some red meat. It's really convenient that this was revealed while Bizzard was getting fucked from all sides with the Overwatch fake player scandal, the Diablo:Immortal debacle and Bilzzard laying off a shitton of people while the CEO makes bank. It's the kind of self serving, morally bankrupt shit politicians do when faced with adversity of their own doing

Attached: 1503715189845.png (305x339, 145K)

Acting like sexuality is interchangeable.

>Overwatch fake player scandal
tell me more

>Look how gay and condescending I am
You're not doing your argument against him any favors user

Based.

People are shit. Anyone who complains about this is shit. Anyone who supports it is also shit.

It's completely arbitrary to a game's quality.

YES HELLO I AM GAY. HAVE I MENTIONED I AM GAY? NO YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT ME, I AM GAY!

It's not possible to argue against something not capable of having opinions, user.
And even if it were, how is consecutive shitposts an "argument"

Attached: 1.jpg (420x416, 19K)

As I don't really give a damn about Overwatch but like shitshows, from what I remember a pro player got kicked off his team, then pulled a Juwanna Man and made a fake identity as a woman and applied to the women's side of the same team that fired him and got hired immediately without a face to face. If another user knows more feel free to correct me

Attached: 1534110065697.png (1280x720, 625K)

so why do you care if there are no gay characters?
the overwhelming majority of gamers don't care if there are no gays, and a significant portion is annoyed by them
when you're pushing something on the audience that they aren't interested in, it's forced

Well yeah, claiming that all criticism is the result of *phobia guarantees good press. Look at EA/Bioware. Release a shit game. But the shit game has le gay character. Now anybody who says the game is shit is just homophobic. Shit game is now goty.
Shit, I'm still pissed at netflix for fucking up Deathnote and deflecting all criticism with 'muh racism'

They just slapped a label on him, there was no suggestions, no build up, no plot narrative to even imply he was gay.

Good gay characters are gay when they become relatable as real people.

Considering you literally validated his egregious complaint while condescending down to him both with intellectual pretention as well as a patronizing tone, I'd have to side with the guy criticizing you at this point.

lmfao what? Someone actually tried a Ms. Doubtfire irl?
Was he srsly planning on crossdressing infront of thousands of people just so he can win a "pro" video game? kek

geek.com/games/overwatch-contenders-player-ellie-was-a-fake-person-1768507/

A male player trying to join Second Wind and rejected multiple times signs up as a female player and is instantly picked up without having to prove his identity under the guise of requesting anononymity. Two weeks later after suspicious streams he quits the team and announces the ploy, after dozens of game journalists made arrticles on "her" success

And there's where it all crumbles, again

Attached: 1549611403178.jpg (218x216, 23K)

>Doomguy ends up on a date
>can't think of anyway to impress his date beyond presenting decapitated demons

The problem isn’t the character being gay
It’s parading a gay character that makes it feel disingenuine

Emil from Nier is gay
It doesn’t change anything for his character
It’s implied in a single cutscene
It’s just how he is

That’s a genuine gay character, a person who happens to be gay.

In the same way a flamboyant fag can be genuine, like sylvando in DQ11 or based Mr 2 from One Piece.
But being flamboyant is their personality, the gay part is not really that important
They’d be like that even if they were straight.
That combination of factors makes the character feel genuine and not gay for the sake of having a gay character.

people arent interested in, as an arbitrary example, people with glasses
why would you want a person with glasses, only half the world has them, and people can survive a game where no one has glasses

this argument that nobody "needs" a specific arbitrary trait and it would be forced to have anyone with that specific trait is a lame one

Oh yeah? I bet you're going to go kiss him too!
I bet you guys are going to talk about how right you are while stroking each other's cocks.
Admit it user, we're not so different, you and I.

Attached: dude-stop.png (480x640, 596K)

Holy fuck my sides
You can literally get away with anything pretending to be a woman/tranny

I think he was doing it just to show off how stupid the system was? Less about continuing to play and more taking a shit all over them?

No such thing as a good gay character. You can make the best character in the world, but if it's a dude who sucks dicks and takes cock up his ass, the character is ruined.
Even if Soldier 76 was a good character and there was some kind of buildup to him being gay, it would still be bad. You can't take gay 76 seriously. He is supposed to be some kind of a badass soldier, but he is just a poofter with a gun. This only works with comedic characters. Maybe if their goal was for Soldier 76 to be funny it would make sense.

>team has girls team
lol

Let's be honest here though if you looked at the replies this site had to most of that shit you would be correct in thinking that all the hate was just from racism and homophobia. It's a symbiotic relationship and most of Yea Forums and Reddit migrants don't seem to understand that acting like a bunch of racist baboons is exactly what they want but they just can help themselves

The guy who did it was angry because he couldn't be accepted into any pro team despite being good enough to qualify for a team. No team wanted him because he was a straight white male, so he made up a female character and got accepted instantly with no questions asked.
It was to prove a point.

Huh?

Attached: 1549799093626.jpg (124x133, 9K)

I'm not too fond of the gays

Attached: DzeoCOxWwAoy-mL.jpg (649x607, 62K)

How does that relate to homosexual characters? That’s a trans issue. Sexuality is completely different from gender dysphoria.

i remember when this website was fun...

Attached: hopeless.png (400x400, 193K)

Sorry niggy

Attached: niggy.png (500x522, 87K)

It doesn't relate to homos or trans freaks. It's a different story that went on at the same time as homo 76 being announced to love cock.

Isn't Zarya dike already, she has the hair and the weight to back it up

>That’s a trans issue
Jesus christ, fucking kill yourself.

I think part of it depends on the setting and the writing, with Overwatch, everytime they reveal a character is this way or what it feels dumb because it's thing Overwatch does.

One of my favorite gay characters was the Assassin in The Borgias where nothing about his sexuality ever really comes to begin with up as far as I recall. But then you just sort of get a scene where he happens to have a dude in his bed and he's off to work and a few interactions later on and it's like "Fair enough".

That's right!
>Cuts off penis
You show that cissie
>Dilates for an hour
Who's opinion really
>Gets rejected by a straight guy again
Matters in
>Contracts AIDS
These days!
>Commits suicide

Kill yourself trannies. It’s amazing how T has so successfully latched itself onto LGB despite being fundamentally different.

Thanks for the support, hun!~

Attached: stop-it.jpg (800x650, 84K)

It's obvious that Zarya is gay, but I don't think Blizzard is ever going to announce it because it might backfire and lesbians may take offense to being portrayed as muscular dykes.
I think they originally wanted to announce that Zarya was gay but decided to shift the announcement to Tracer instead.

>One of my favorite gay characters was the Assassin in The Borgias where nothing about his sexuality ever really comes to begin with up as far as I recall. But then you just sort of get a scene where he happens to have a dude in his bed and he's off to work and a few interactions later on and it's like "Fair enough".

Attached: 3.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

maybe 20 or even 10 years ago Zarya would be the dyke, in this day and age that'd be career suicide.
It's too bad, since bulldykes really do exist. Why don't they get representation?

>Does that make straight characters who do the same thing “forced” too?

This is a notion that most people don't touch on but I think is interesting. I would say yes, although I don't think 'forced' is the right word as it is for the other situations. Not because they're all that different per se, but because 'forced' implies active intent rather than something passive. Straight sexuality isn't actively 'forced' because the people doing it aren't thinking about it. It's not an agenda (except perhaps in the case of fan service), it's just passive normalization of their own world view. Realistically, I think that's expected behaviour, but I would propose that we begin to expect more of people, that is to say expect them to be self-aware enough to realize that they're presenting heteronormative content for no practical reason. Prime example of this is tacked-on love interests in hollywood films & elsewhere. The tough hero guy has to have a waifu because that's what people expect. It makes the story worse in just the same way as any other 'forced' content, and we all already know this. Critics have ridiculed films etc for exactly this reason for decades.

All that to say, the mark of a good writer is, in my humble opinion, that they can narratively or aesthetically justify (at least to themselves) every decision that they make regarding the construction of their 'text'.

Attached: 1392011971890.png (1472x1544, 259K)

Games shouldn’t have stories or really characters period. Only exception is adventure games, in which case the protagonist should be a blank slate that allows the player to project themselves.

Fuck gays
Fuck trannys
Fuck jannies
Fuck Blizzard

Attached: 1549316291763.png (480x280, 49K)

You too

Attached: FaceApp_1550490501571.png (720x564, 533K)

based and redpilled

Straights are the only people

Nothing.
"forced" is just a word people use to describe something they don't like, basically, existing. Same goes for "generic" and "fetish"
meaningless fluff to describe things u no rike

Attached: katia fucking up human.gif (500x500, 272K)

Fuck off, furry.

Attached: degenerate.jpg (750x571, 73K)

when you do it for no reason other than to pander.

Eating gay shit up is what they want.

How do you have time to hate fags when there is niggers and muslim rapists everywhere?

>the gayness is never mentioned in game and is only able to be discovered through supplemental materials
"WTF!!! This is totally forced! It has no connection to the actual in-game character! They're just shoe-horning it in!
>the character identifies themselves as game or has gayness as an integral part of their identity in the story
"WTF! This is totally forced, they're just shoving it in your face the whole time!"

There's no pleasing these people.

In the case of Soldier, it felt like a retcon, rather than a reveal.

They touted that ONE of the characters was gay early on, and that ended up being Tracer.

It wasn't until blizz's stocks falling and the backlash from Eternal that this new surprise reveal happened to gloss over Blizz's negative news coverage.

Their existence is contrived. The only reason humans exist is because for hundreds of thousands of generations their ancestors reproduced.
Then a fucking fag gets born. Something that shouldn't even exist, something that should wipe itself out of the gene pool in a single generation, but it's not wiped out, it keeps popping up over and over and over, and every single time, these degenerates wreak havoc on the world.

>these same people come to Yea Forums's 2nd worst board and expect to witness honest dueling of minds to reach an objectively true conclusion on a matter of opinion
really activates your almonds

Because their job is to entertain, not activism you retard

fixed

>the gayness is never mentioned in game and is only able to be discovered through supplemental materials
"WTF! This is totally forced, they're just shoving it in your face the whole time! They're just shoe-horning it in!"
>the character identifies themselves as game or has gayness as an integral part of their identity in the story
"WTF! This is totally forced, they're just shoving it in your face the whole time! They're just shoe-horning it in!"

Now imagine the situation with Doomgal.

Attached: f54.png (1024x1447, 552K)

>Politics do not belong in video games
>what is metal gear series

Attached: 4f1.png (1024x1447, 497K)

Is it a relevant plot point? No? Then it's forced.

A for effort

Attached: Opinion-here.gif (443x460, 2M)

That would be DA3 though. The fag mage is all "daddy doesn´t like that I have the gay"
The ugly elf if I remember correctly doesn´t mention that unless you hit on her (why would you even do that?), her character revolves around her being a literal retard

>Politics do not belong in video games
>what is metal gear series
people liked MGS in spite of, not because of, kojimas politics

most people usually jokingly mock the ham handed anti-nuke stance
we sort of accept it, in the same way we accept tommy wiseaus acting, but only because of how integral it is to MGS and not because it is inherently good
we would hate it in any other game

>Release new lore
>There has been nothing almost a year
>It's a text, shorty story
>Cool, you can pump shit faster in this format
>Spoiler alert: NOTHING HAPPENS
>Story: Ana is in egypt
>Soldier is also in egypt
>They talk about old stuff
>Everything they talk about has been already discussed previously in the lore
>zero new info
>Except that soldier had ex-boyfriend
>Then they are like lol egypt has evil guy
>Then they beat him in three sentences
>Then they leave egypt
>The end
>The writing is awful

So the problem with soldier was that the entire "loredump" had zero reasons to exists outside of "revealing" that soldier is gay. There is nothing subtle about it, it's shit. Literal fan-fiction tier writing made official. Not gonna lie, made me finally uninstall, never gonna come back. If the writers don't care about their own fiction, there is no hope left.

Attached: geyvillain.gif (431x306, 1.98M)

Homosexuality is a disgusting sexual fetish. No one wants to hear characters talking about their scat or piss fetish just like no one wants to know a character likes fucking hairy men in the ass.

Now it doesn't happen often as people might think but it is possible to force a gay character just like it's possible to force any agenda pushing character and it's really simple to detect.

Can you describe said character's personality and purpose in the narrative(Main quest, side,etc) without mentioning their sexuality, job, or origin story? If not, whatever it is probably forced. It's not 100% accurate but it puts you in the ballpark.

based

there's no story in this game though, it's just retcon city.
Makes it worse in that regard

Yea Forums: Host of the most autistic bigots on planet Earth

>stating facts is autistic and bigoted
epic

If homosexuality is a fetish then you have to count heterosexuality as a fetish too. It's literally the same thing, the only difference being which gender you want to fuck.

So leave faggot

>Doomlady
>is actually just a regular person with ANIME EYES

This is your cheese brain on AIDS, literal brainlet

What do you think Yea Forums is?

Fag here, you're fucking wrong.
Heterosexuality (specifically missionary for the sole purpose of procreation) is the default by which everything else is measured.
"Fetish" loses it's meaning if we decide to use it to describe the standard.

engrish originalchan and wannabe infinitychan

This.

If you look at say Whis from Dragonball, Whis is flamboyantly gay. Like he's a flaming faggot. But no one talks about it because sexuality doesn't matter in Dragonball. When speaking to or about Whis, Goku and Vegeta only talk about his strength. Bulma only talks about food. And Beerus only refers to him by his role as his servant. Whis being gay is only a part of his personality, not all of it.

Kung Jin is another one that I think was done well. MKX doesn't dwell on it but Kung Jin avoided the monks because he thought they wouldn't accept a gay man. It never has Jin screaming about needing a dick to suck, it just implies it in a character moment and keeps it moving. And when Meleena makes a pass at him he just tells her she's barking up the wrong tree. Which initially you might think it's because of her face or because she's a psychopath but when you put it into context you realize it's because he's not attracted to women.

So there are ways to write a gay character without being an obnoxious faggot about it.

When the character have no particular trait and the fact that is gay is referenced too much.
>character is written around his sexuality and not around what could be his behaviour/past/experiences
this is forced
>character is well written. fit into the story and is somewhat likable while being gay
this is not forced.

no
stop attaching made up laws to everything

Imagine thinking you have any degree of knowledge on the issue because you're a faggot.

user, all laws are made up.

Attached: 1524755268756.jpg (753x800, 80K)

So soldier was all about being commander of overwatch, aryan, and... soldier. now we know what team if fights for.
>but muh straight aryan god
blah blah get fucked

Where is it at all stated that Whis is gay? Being gay because he's flamboyant is something you yourself put together my man.

When it's done as a publicity stunt for your dying piece of shit game

oh.
then civil war over judging people for their sexuality it is

It's pretty easy it goes like this
Not forced
>Yo man what'd you get up to on the weekend
>Me and Grant went to the art gallery and looked Paul Klee works, he's great

Forced
>Yo man what'd you ge-
>I'm gay
>Yeah i kn-
>Just wanna choke on dicks all night and get drilled by big dick daddies gonna get my cum injection uwu stretching my hole to limit btw i'm gay

>95% of people are straight
>that means 95% of people hate gays
Typical third-world christfag logic.

Attached: 1521385486770.jpg (700x800, 105K)

>>>
> Anonymous 02/22/19(Fri)11:23:22 No.451928608▶
Is homosexuality a spook?

You clearly don't know what a fetish is. Unless you're just fucking around with the same gender for fun with no real romantic attachment, it's a lifestyle not a fetish.

Name one single game that falls into the second category

Learn to write game devs, how about that.

What have you done, Anonymous?

the point was that he knows I'm not a breeder disagreeing just 'cause he's a fag.
Wouldn't expect a breeder to have the brain power to understand that though, so you're forgiven&dismissed.

Not just laws are made up, language itself is fucking made up. I'm not attaching anything, I'm pointing out where the concepts are pre-attached.

I literally thought that was samus art for a second

>tfw gay but can relate to the basics of hetero relationships and romance in the media
Feels good to not be retarded. Why can't people like you do the same for gay relationships?

Attached: 1525540936024.gif (287x206, 1.06M)

Because homosexuality is repulsive to a healthy mind

In my opinion, the way Bastet presented Soldier being maybe gay in a subdued way was fine. It's the "BTW DON'T KNOW IF YOU NOTICED BUT SOLDIER IS A MEGA FAG, SIGNED: MICHAEL CHU" tweet that crossed the line.
What makes something forced? When you stop everything to make note of a thing that probably has no effect over the plot or the character, but it appeals to Tumblr culture, so you gotta check that inclusiveness box in your check list.

Dragon Age 2.

The average straight is effectively brain damaged in day to day life, its pitiful really

Being repulsed by something that objectively has no effect on you sounds more like a mental illness, actually.

>95% of people are straight
[citation needed]
and you'd be suprised how many people are in the closet, no joke. so asking random people in public what sex they sex is a bit void in and of itself.

and honestly can't stand both hetero and homos alike. they both judge for what's between someone's legs, not the content of one's heart by a longshot. I can guarantee you most people that hate on attractive women shown in media are either uglies, dykes, or faggots.

pans and bis are the future, you can't refute this

Which character? I thought DA:2's romances were all playersexual

Ok for all the gay people. Do you enjoy gay characters in games? Most fanart I see is about lusting for straight characters like Link or whatever. Like it always seems like the gay characters pander to the pink haired tumblerinas anyways and deserve to be shit on

Whether or not someone is repulsed by something has literally nothing to do with whether or not it ''effects'' them, and the fact that they are repulsed in the first place by definition says that they are affected by it.
You are retarded.

not him but anders literally hates you if you dont fuck him

truly sad when others are brainwashed into thinking they should have offspring for the sack of having offspring, and not just to have a walking representation of the love between two people; and of course when the time is right in mind. you may not even want kids

No, for the most part, ALL romances always feel forced in every game and movie ever. Gay, straight, lesbian, it always feels so fucking needless.
To me this is an issue of forced romance in general and people who get caught in only the gay aspect of it are brainlets.

Yeah, it's always nice, kinda feels like people see that we exist. I'm less interested in the addition without really any added story, but it doesn't do any real harm though.

You're a moron if you can't tell the difference
Telling a story about politics and philosophy is one thing
Pushing politics into a game is another.
If they made a quest in Fallout NV about a village that persecutes homosexuals because of cock sucking, and you could pick a side, that would be a witty commentary about survival of the species and discrimination vs sexual identity and liberty. A smart writer could create ambiguous characters and a grey moral area.
If you publish a PDF on tumblr that lists every LGBTQIAPK+ in the game and has absolutely no reason to exists except for brownie points, you're pushing it

Attached: 1547825873051.jpg (451x452, 13K)

>Whether or not someone is repulsed by something has literally nothing to do with whether or not it ''effects'' them
Yes it does, it's illogical otherwise.
>and the fact that they are repulsed in the first place by definition says that they are affected by it.
You're only repulsed because of social stigma propagated via outdated religious and cultural customs. Most people have moved past them, but some people still can't move past these obsolete ideas.

Already tons of shitposting and flamewarring in this thread, I see, but I just wanted to say that the OP has an important point that people gloss over, because, of course, glossing over is exactly what they want. To them, all gay characters are forced, because they want everyone to just never bring up being gay, so they can continue pretending that no one is gay. They obviously know gays exist, but my point is that they want to PRETEND they don't exist, because gays make them uncomfortable. So, to summarize, they prioritize how they feel to the extent that they aggressively denounce gay characters and gay people as "forced". Sad, really.

Attached: boats and gays.jpg (420x236, 25K)

Protagonists shouldn’t have a stated sexuality, they should be like Mass Effect and let the player choose. I suppose I might like gay side characters but I don’t play a single game that has any.

Being gay is an abnormality that doesn't add to the character or make them interesting.

All it does is appeal to the interests of a fraction of the population. It's disingenuous virtue signalling on the developers part.

Because it's never about sending a message and always about using and manipulating a group to get them to buy a game. It's a disgusting marketing ploy masked as a push for diversity for inclusion. They wave the J.K. Rowling wand of character convenience to disavow themselves of any criticism while under the guise of acceptance. This is especially the case when sexuality has no bearing on a game's gameplay mechanics or established lore. It's one thing, for example, if a character is shown as gay in an rpg where romance plays a huge part. This is fine. It's also ok if a character's motives or overall personality was, from the very beginning, established by their orientation (assuming there's a good reason to bring it up. This goes for straight characters as well).

What you see a lot of developers do is make a game where a character's identity is not established in the game itself but rather in a Twitter post or some lazy announcement. Meanwhile, the only evidence of this is outside of the source material. It reeks of pandering.

That on its own isn't a bad thing. What makes it grating is how smug, self congratulatory, and masturbatory they get with these "revelations." And it's worse when they use this to demonize anyone who calls them out on their bullshit (that it was only done so that they can prop themselves up on the pedestal of social capital).

but rules arent
RULES OF NATURE

>here is soldier 76

>3 years later

>"btw he's a fag"

that is forced.

Neofag shutting down and morons like this flooding here is the worst thing to happen to this board
This and tortanic

I agree. Another thing I hate is when movies and games has to establish that a character is NOT gay, like cmon.
>Oh two male characters hug and are bonding nice to se male friendshi-
>"OH and btw have you seen my superhot big tits girlfriend, here's a picture of her. Also look a video of us fucking, damn I'm so straight and I drink beer and watch football"
I've actually met so many americans that are afraid of physical affection between males because stupid shit like this is ingrained into their brains

Normalization homosexuality is their goal.

It's like Nintendo claiming that Mario jerked off to interracial cuck porn. It does nothing for the character and is meant to make a tiny minority of the audience clap with autistic glee because their kink being referenced.

I'm willing to bet I've been shitting this place up for longer than you've been masturbating kiddo

Attached: ((you)).gif (480x238, 415K)

Borderlands TPS

reminder that being gay is wrong and biology proves it

we are literally made to reproduce, with a man and woman. being gay/trans/pedo is an anomaly.

>character says and does nothing gay

>he's a deeply closeted gay man

Attached: 1550773810179m.jpg (1024x576, 68K)

What straight people talk about their sexuality? And if you’re talking about being obnoxious, what not obnoxious character talks about their sexuality?

I bet there isn’t any, because anyone who consistently talks about their own personality traits IS FUCKING OBNOXIOUS

SO STOP BEING RETARDED

In RPGs it's alright. Everything is doesn't really matter too me all that much. If they are gay then they are gay. The best I can hope to get out of it is some fanserives or just more porn being made by the community

Even a lot of straight people who are deeply affected by autogynephilia still shudder at the thought of actually making out with or being deeply intimate with another male like one of their friends or people they see on the street.

I've never met a gay person I was happy to meet.

They're all emotionally disturbed clown people.

Attached: 1550539304895.jpg (700x394, 51K)

In some RPGs maybe, but the characters should be whatever the devs intended for them to be. I actually thought me3 handled it well. The requsition guy just briefly mentions his husband and if you press the conversation you can find out more about them. It was sweet and not forced and you have to really go out of your way to sleep with him unlike the shit debacle that spawned when the game was released.

>you can make a gay character, just don't make it so in-your-face
>character happens to be gay, and it occasionally comes up in dialogue
>NO, that's STILL TOO OBVIOUS
>character has no gay traits, but has a backstory written
>THAT'S TOO OBVIOUS
>character has zero in-game hints and only has his past relationships revealed through a single panel of a separate piece of media
>WHAT PART OF TOO OBVIOUS DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?
gamers truly are masters of subtlety

Listen here you dumb faggot, gay people literally can’t pass down their genes because they don’t put their dick in Vagene, so how does the gay genes get passed down?

Because faggots molest young boys, and everyone fucking knows it, and people who don’t know it are in denial because they don’t want to accept that every faggot that adopts a male child is literally fucking that child. Fuck you and fuck degeneracy.

>Get banned from ResetEra for saying you're going to play catherine
>Metastasise over to Yea Forums and cancer up the place
Fucking entryism fags

this one isn't even worth a reaction image

I would actually play Doom with the same hold left click gameplay if the protagonist was like that

r/gamersriseup amirite fellow chapobro *dibs fedora*

Why can't their job be to entertain and influence?

you can't prove him wrong though

>tfw the most respectable gay man in media turns out to be a kid fucker

Pattern recognition complete.

Attached: WPIMAGE_cmgajcbuzz_19388.jpg (365x205, 12K)

Do you want me to start posting the statistics you fucking faggot? Don’t make me fucking post the statistics

Prove what wrong? That vaginas have magical forcefields preventing gay people from inseminating them? The fact that bisexuals don't exist? That history has shown that fucking guys has been a thing forever, yet people are able to reproduce and do gay shit? That there is no gay genes? I mean seriously it's a bait tier shit post, just move on

I care about gameplay, not if a character jams his dick up the asshole of other guys.

GAMEPLAY

Fuck every single one of you faggots forcing your shit in my videogames.

Attached: 1532504574989.jpg (1200x675, 426K)

>character happens to be gay, and it occasionally comes up in dialogue
>"[Speech failed] Cool, I love to suck cocks!"

>character has no gay traits, but has a backstory written
>2 lines of why he is so elite, 68 lines of why he loves cocks

>character has zero in-game hints and only has his past relationships revealed through a single panel of a separate piece of media
>5 minute of a short-movie why he loved that cock so much

being gay is a mental impairment, like people who like starting fires, or who want to shoot up schools.

it's not natural/normal. by all means be gay, but it isn't normal.

Because they're videogames, not propagandagames. Keep the pushing of politics in politics, if I wanted to get lectured on trans propaganda I would've gotten a degree in flipping burgers

nor would I care to "prove" anything to the sort of angry incel who goes on that sort of tirade on a taiwanese chalk-art forum
I don't know what's more laughable, how condescendingly gay i am or the idea that that man could have an effect on the world and is thus worthy of being disproven lol

Attached: irrational.png (400x400, 164K)

>your shit in my videogames
kek, git bent faggerino

Attached: pepper twerk.gif (275x224, 442K)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11501300/

Or write it well.
Nobody complained about Gay Tony ever

>not propagandagames
>no matter what century, country or planet
>2~3 white characters, 1~2 black character/s and 1 asian character

Yeah okay that makes sense, I concede. You're right.

im not the fag

how can anyone be gay when girls exist anyways

the moment their sexuality is brought up in a game thats not about sex

>"Hey I'm one of those COOL gay guys"

>Yeah I'm so cool. You'd never even know I was ga- oops I fucked a kid"

The difference is that one triggers conservative snowflakes who don't like being exposed to the reality outside of their narrow worldview.

That's not Neil Patrick Harris

cant even into basic math....

Gay men can be cool and normal and not fuck kids right guys?

Attached: 59fc9e171d00003b007f41c8.jpg (720x468, 46K)

It's forced when you can tell they're doing it to boost sales among a certain audience. In this case, it's SJWs and the LGBT community

Hey look the faggot didn’t reply to the actual statistics

WHAT ABOUT THIS ONE FAGGOTS EXPLAIN THIS “NORMAL” BEHAVIOR

carm.org/statistics-homosexual-promiscuity

>why can't video games send political messages?
>because they're video games
Literally begging the question.

>games dying
>knowing they can get people to play with an agenda
>"soldier is now gay"
>"SUCH A HUGE WIN FOR US FAGGOTS YAAAAAAS"
You dont know ehat forcing something is for personal gain? They need players so they stir the pot

When his sexuality is released out of nowhere 3 years later to try and get more interest in a dying shitty game.

Besides everyone knows deep down that faggots aren't normal. Anything that's not the norm is looked down on, that's how it works.

Their purpose is entertainment not education, you literally cannot read

they say character gay and it doesn't feel right
though most gay characters feel more forced than any other diversity thing (other than trannies) so it could be a me thing

Yes, kids stop being kids eventually so the gays lose interest

>In research with 942 nonclinical adult participants
Gee this group sure represents literally every gay person existence. By the way, many of those rapes happen BECAUSE they are gay (corrective rape) rather than being a cause for their homosexuality.
Why do you guys always default to posting stats whenever someone tries to have a proper discussion anyways?

>Gays have a lot of sex
Yes, and?

When you come out and explicitly state they are gay. Because then you are clearly trying to push it for some sort of exploitation.

To have some sort of objectivism in an opinionated argument

what

>those faces
jesus christ how horrifying

So let me get this straight.

All gay men are either the victims of child molestation or child molesters themselves?

...and we're supposed to let them adopt kids?

Attached: 20181127_122425.jpg (608x667, 346K)

You literally didn’t fucking respond to what I said, and what the fuck is a corrective rape? Child molestation is child molestation you fucking nigger faggot.

And maybe because statistics are literal facts, and facts and logic are something you liberals can’t seem to wrap your mind around unless it’s “trump is a nazi I swear it guys”

im saying how can a guy like guys when girls look objectively more appealing

Why is it impossible for something to entertain and teach at the same time? It worked for me when I learned a field I enjoyed in college.

>white '''people''"

You already posted the best example.
>Player counts are dropping?!?
>THIS GUY IS TOTALLY GAY YOU GUYS! JOURNALISTS, WITNESS ME!

Gay is just a fetish.

How is having gay characters “politics” though? Is real life forcing politics on you whenever you get too close to a minority?

>What is the difference?
Forced gay character is just there for the sake of inclusion. It's usually a poorly written character not in touch with his sexuality in the slightest or on the contrary - is a fucking drama queen about it.
If a character is just gay that fact tends to fit him fine, yet this is rarely a trait that defined him.
Forced character is always bad too. That does not mean a subtle gay character is great, though.

>older masculine Clint Eastwoodesque character
>clearly no intention to reveal his sexuality
>years later as the franchise is starting to flag
>LOL THIS GUY LIKE TO GET FUCKED IN THE ASS BTW
yeah fuck off, literally uninstalled the same day

>corrective rape

This is some twisted John Money shit

Attached: image0.jpg (750x712, 316K)

Most people here are college rejects and high school dropouts who are incapable of finding joy in learning.

>installing it in the first place

Jews are chameleons that hide among white people

There's a difference between teaching and propagandizing. Teaching would be just informing, propagandizing comes with a moral judgement and imposition.
Making a gay character is not bad, making him gay post release, gloating on it and lashing out against detractors is.

>and what the fuck is a corrective rape?
All you have to do is literally google it, it's not hard you moron. People rape kids in an attempt to turn them straight.

I wouldn’t say every gay person. Even though I’m on the side that many faggots are child molesters or molestation victims (which leads to future molestation), to say every last gay is a child molester is a step too far.

They definitely shouldn’t be allowed to adopt kids though. It’s a much higher risk. Unless a married couple isn’t able to have kids (because of health reasons) adopting a child is highly suspect in my opinion EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Hey you can't blame them. When your school system is designed to churn out compliant flesh-bags a few people are bound to get the wrong impression of what learning is.

I've got two tickets in my pocket baby, and they're gonna disappear (in your ass)
Oh wait, wrong Money.

that was my first mistake

Fucking lel, this is coming from the same board that claims devs are rewriting history by having women in WW2 games.

>all the butthurt replies to this post
Holy shit why is 2019 Yea Forums so fucking gay, back to faggots

Are you fucking kidding me? That is literally the most retarded thing I’ve ever heard in my life. You might as well stick a cock in my ass and call me straight because this ass-backwards shit you’re trying to pull is retarded.

Remember that 972 people doesn’t represent every homosexual? Well the corrective rape your father gave you doesn’t represent every child molestation victim you fucking moron

So what John Money did to David Reimer

In all fairness, NV has some proto sjw stuff in it, unless I'm just being over sensitive. What obsidian became makes me wonder if I was right, though.
Then again, the "bad guys" are all misogynistic, sadastic literal fags.
That's the thing, it never felt forced. You could actually roleplay instead of being lectured.
Shit, kill just about everyone if you want.

explain how you can be gay.

Attached: anri5.jpg (1278x1920, 555K)

>jews
Or just that whites are really passive now and allow it too happen. It's not always someone elses fault a group is stupid

Women are ugly and retarded.

Wow user, maybe the message here is that gay people exist and you should just get over it. If no one actually fucking cared like they claimed they did, then it would never be a story.

there's no dick
she doesn't look strong enough to pick me up and use me as a sentient flesh light
but worst of all, she would have the personality of a woman

>yfw the "authority" on modern homosexuality and transexuality was a literal pedo who caused his twin test subjects to kill themselves

youtu.be/SLFGMWoQaCU

Attached: 1549905791616.png (808x922, 957K)

Retarded, yes. Ugly, absolutely not, unless you’re a fucking beta-male.

I'm hetero and that chink look awful
Grow up, yellow fever will only ruin your life

Attached: Miss japan 2016.jpg (870x561, 77K)

I like dick and being bullied. Women are soft and not good for either of these things.

Cause she does nothing for me. She's just a woman in her underwear

Those are very interesting opinions, now tell me how else daddy can please you?

>sleeping with a happily homo married fag
See, you're just abusing the rights we gave you. No better than women at that point.

but girls of all kinds are good

Attached: 1438603771665.jpg (480x720, 62K)

It's human instinct. When we see degenerate behaviour we a ridicule it to prevent others from doing the same.

Your body is literally made to reproduce, and a homo can't reproduce.

this bait is weak boy

Attached: DuL6dbeWkAAZzME.jpg (475x589, 53K)

>he wouldn't shoot a fag in his skiff despite the "implication"
Confirmed sperm shitter.

Lets be honest, if you cared about actually reproducing you wouldn’t be wasting time on this website.

and guess what, Overwatch only has one character with glasses
i've also never heard people with glasses complain that that aren't enough video game characters with glasses
i don't bitch and moan about a lack of southpaw representation even though it would take zero effort to allow left-handed characters in an FPS

If you don't like it, git out.

You’re obviously a low-test beta who has no desire for impregnation
You were obviously molested, it’s called repressed memories faggot
You’re kinda funny, probably would have a beer with you even if you’re a flaming fagola

Ok I know you want to be funny on this mongolian tapestry image board. I don't blame you pal, I've been there myself 10 years ago. If you had played me3 however you would know his husband died some time ago, so he's not happily married

Attached: 1425185395495.jpg (158x190, 11K)

>twink faggot complaining about someone having the personality of a woman
o i am laffin

No I'm pretty good on my test. Just don't have an attraction to women. Nothing else. Guys are just hotter

You could be more involved in my life! I'm getting suspended at school for beating up other kids and you still don't give a shit!
What is it, dad? Why am I not worth your love? ;-;

Gay Tony, Arcade Ganon and venom from guilty gear are probably the only gay characters that doesn't feel forced. if only EA, Blizzard and Bioware knew how to make at least likeable homos without them feeling like they were shoved in just for brownie points

If wanting to be bullied in bed means having repressed memories of being molested, then I think there’s a lot more molestation going on then humanity realizes.

Not the yellow ones

Attached: 1549811850689.webm (576x1024, 2.93M)

I don't like the competition, it's true

Look, bub, it's been a while since I played ME3. Don't take it personally.

Any mental illnesses? Yes, depression counts as a mental illness

some man just want bopis

Attached: 1549105923233.png (276x342, 49K)

>the only decent looking one disappears

Attached: 1550777997009.gif (500x357, 358K)

Lol this is so gross

Yeah that’s pretty fucking accurate my guy. Women is slightly different story because they naturally like being dominated, because men are supposed to be dominant. That’s how normal attraction works.

Although, there are probably a lot of women with serious repressed memories of being raped. Men are impulsive especially when it comes to sex, and girls are probably even more susceptible to repressed memories to protect their emotional world from being utterly uprooted and destroyed.

No, depression is gay. If it happens, you get over it. Guys are just my thing. Can't help what I get turned on by.

But wait wasn't soldier's gay reveal literally the most offhand way of mentioning it possible?
Idk if I'm misremembering but didn't he just mention some dude from his past, ana was like "oh are you guys still a thing" and he goes "no, because I'm a soldier and I have no time for relationships" or something? Isn't that exactly the kind of reveal you autists want?

>cant rape or seduce characters in game
Why would they think sexuality matters? At least when a game like Fable 1 or 2 tells you a characters sexuality, it actually has an effect on gameplay.

Attached: c60d8411b0e77b5757d2e085ea01b49235e148703d376238ae179128c9c21257.jpg (1114x620, 261K)

I want back to the days where gays were hanged.

The difference is that straight people aren't insufferable, mentally ill fuckwits who want the fucking world to pander to them and their fetishes, whilst simultaneously giving nothing back but higher rates of paedophilia, and HIV.

Well you’re one of the lucky normal gays. Most of the ones with severe mental issues are victims of molestation.

These are typically also the gays who go out and do loads of drugs while getting fucked by multiple guys, and sometimes get “pozzed”

This is all races, really.
Old joke:
Why do women wear makeup and perfume? Because they're ugly and they smell bad.
I would destroy bottom left and right and top right any day. Butterfaces are the best fucks anyway. It's like you don't even have autism.

No, the writer of the game went on to twitter and posted ''yes, Soldier 76 is gay'' or something along those lines. That was the reveal.

based

Right, he did that after the comic was released, and only to clarify that Soldier 76 was gay, not bi.

fpbp

I thought that happened after the comic though? So the comic itself is already out of videogame canon, and when a developer replied to people asking for clarification by saying that yep, he's gay, that's what caused controversy?

Why is it that the only thing minorities, faggots and women can relate to or be represented by are characters that are a minority, a faggot or a woman?
I've never found myself thinking wow I like this character because he's a straight white male. Well written characters have actual interests and personality to connect with beyond irrelevant socio political bullshit.

Variety is great but inclusion solely for the sake of it seems even more offensive than not doing it.

There is no ''controversy.'' Blizzard is just being slowly killed by their diversity hires who inject degeneracy into their games.

nice logic there fag, guess all cock loving women were "molested"

Soldier 76 was created by Chris Metzen in the 90s. "I'm a one man army" is a line directly from the Soldier comic Metzen wrote in 2004. After Titan failed, Soldier finally made it into Overwatch in July 2015. He was a gritty, jaded, serious loner - a Clint Eastwood impression who only cared about fighting. He wasn't gay, and nothing in his origin story, animated short, or in-game voice lines ever hinted that he might be.

Chris Metzen left Blizzard in September 2016, and a few months later the Soldier 76 character started to change. Blizzard published a comic in December 2016 declaring that Tracer is lesbian and hinting that Soldier is gay. Now they confirmed it.

Sucking dicks isn't part of the Soldier character Metzen conceived. Blizzard faggots changed Metzen's character only AFTER he left. They destroyed his character for good boy points.

Attached: soldier-76-concept-90s-841518.jpg (900x1139, 144K)

What purpose does the character's homosexuality serve?
With a straight character whose sexuality is relevant, it's clear why it's relevant. The character is a playboy, he's a married man with a family, this guy can't get a gf and it hurts him. What does Soldier being gay change about the Soldier? What does it say about him? What kind of relationships does he even have? Nobody fucking talks about Soldier 76's boyfriend or husband or whatever. The relationship is the pretense for him being gay, and that's why it's forced.
I do not have reaction images on this laptop so here's a picture of you and your thread.

Attached: 1449068707970.jpg (1029x770, 235K)

Die

One could argue you feel the same way about non white characters, but upon further inspection this assessment usually falls flat.
Old Yea Forums had trepidations about GTA SA because of race, but then fucking loved it. And as a "white boy" that has lived in one of the blackest cities in the US, it's decently realistic despite the layered on parody.

>they destroyed his character
How exactly did they destroy his character? By making him gay? He’s still a soldier that’s married to the job.

His homosexuality doesn't have to serve a purpose. The relationship does, however, and in the comic it's used to show that ana and jack, as old soldiers, have had to forego comfortable normal lives with functional relationships and partners to continue with their duties. So the relationship is mentioned because it's relevant, and it just happens to be a homosexual one because why not?
What's the problem here?

>we need to include gay people so gays have characters to identify with
>omg why won't you heterosexuals identify with gay characters?!

Soldier being gay confirms that he was molested as a kid, probably raped some males in the army, he most likely suffers from all sorts of STDs, he is unreliable and mentally ill etc. It could be an interesting change for a character if Blizzard actually told a story, which they aren't doing.
They could even make a map where you have to push the payload full of Soldier's AIDS medicine to him as he is in jail for raping kids.

Lolling at all the literal faggots crawling out the woodwork

In fact, as an addendum, I'm going to say men aren't involved in this bitching at all. It's bored women.

the user cant stand nothing that diferes from his world view because hes a snowflakey little bitch

Attached: 1550339506958.jpg (635x795, 58K)

If a western Dev does it it's forced.
And I mean that sincerely, I'm not attacking the people who think this way.

Yeah, but now he has AIDS. The syphilis would have taken decades longer to kill him.

are you hearing voices? whos saying that ? get help

It's literally no different than showing Torby's wife, and no one fucking gave a shit to find out that he was married, so why do you suddenly care that Soldier had a boyfriend? You're right, it's not really important, so why is it forced if they've MADE it unimportant? It's the exact opposite of forced.

She's not my mom.

>it's an unimportant change
>PRESS RELEASE!

flamboyancy, estrogen, and femininity themselves are what you're thinking of, not a female. of course many females do have these traits, but it isn't black a white.

Attached: 726DDE67-FF36-40EC-BB71-BA532E018DE2.jpg (1443x946, 332K)

Depends imo.

If a TV-series or game inserts sexuality where it clearly doesn't belong at all, it doesn't matter what kind of sexuality it is.

There's a time and place for everything, and creating narratives where sex literally is the last thing anyone should think about, and yet they do, just makes for bad entertainment.

where faggot ?

That's cool and all, but what if I want to fuck a pussy that doesn't look like sown together penis pieces?
Don't get me wrong, I respect traps far more than trannies, as far as degeneracy goes. Genital mutilation is just nasty.

Attached: 1547815730561.png (792x2000, 1.02M)

Humans entirely user. They all mask their ugliness

The line I draw is when it’s just the devs advertising it. Do normal gay people (atleast, those who aren’t cunts) just tell it out first thing as if it makes them special? No. Because it doesn’t. I don’t give a shit of soldier 76 is gay, but I don’t need to know or care. Personally I think it’s just as homophobic to treat them as some kind of advertisement for a game.

It feels more like the devs made a character the went “hmm, if we just say he’s gay on twitter we’ll stir up a bit of controversy and make people think we are a good company by just slapping gay on our product”

While that works for Ana because she does care about her family and the family story bears fruit because Pharah followed her into duty, Soldier's relationship is totally irrelevant because his ties with other characters are his old compatriots (Mercy, Reaper, etc.) and that's about it. Nobody kidnapped his adopted transgender palestinian daughter or anything. He isn't scorned because Reaper rejected his advances with a few shotgun blasts. His relationship is completely superficial to the game, adds nothing to the character, and is clearly tacked on.

>forced
OPENLY shown being gay: Tracer, Soldier 76 etc.
>subtle
have to fucking play the game multiple times for a back story event which describes in detail the characters body(sexuality)

OW is forced because they're trying to make a game that appeals to the WORLD you've got Korean's Chinese and Japanese working on the same team even Russians and Americans and while I like the "everyonve versus the greater evil" (Omnics) route of OW I hate how forced it is. The characters are fun but recently Blizz has made it a thing to showcase their sexuality or gender orientations

If a characters sexuality or gender is displayed for actual plot reasons it's subtle if it is shown in any other way and has nothing to do with the plot it's forced, the sexuality of S76 has NOTHING to do with humans fighting omnics it is forced

Attached: kaine___nier_01_by_zeronis-d9t7ea9.jpg (1033x864, 481K)

>but what if I want to fuck a pussy that doesn't look like sown together penis pieces?
Then don't have sex with post-op transsexuals?
>I respect traps far more than trannies, as far as degeneracy goes.
wat

It would be equally inappropriate to bring up straight sexual preferences. Deep and diverse characterization contributes nothing to multiplayer first-person shooters. The character is an avatar of the player, so it should be unobtrusive. Not to striaghts or gays, it should be utterly benign to everyone. The only purpose of the character at all is to differentiate from other characters that might possess differing abilities. You don't need to know where the character lives, what their hobbies are, what their favorite food is, or whether they like dick or vag. It's completely irrelevant to the mechanics of the game, the character's purpose in the context of the game, and doesn't contribute to a compelling narrative because it's a multiplayer FPS which possesses no meaningful story.

Therefore, the only purpose of explicitly proclaiming a character's sexuality is to pander to an audience. I wouldn't say it's necessarily an audience that plays the game. Bringing this up even though it has zero bearing on the game generates guaranteed media blog replies. It's a marketing decision, not a game development decision, and that's why it's commonly met with derision. Except among the people it's meant to pander to.

op is a faggot

You can tell the last 3 panels aren't done by the original artist because the mouths don't look as retarded.

>is a step too far.
Ok user. Have fun with your weird cognitive dissonance.

Attached: kizuna.jpg (960x539, 37K)

these are getting good

Attached: 1550382092325.jpg (1000x1500, 717K)

same goes for those fucked up looking silicon breast implants and many forms of plastic surgery.
it's sad we still don't know how, or allowed to, fix ourselves on the genetic level and cellular level so we end up mutilating ourselves then masking it all with paint

Literally google "soldier 76" and the top result after the wiki is "soldier 76 confirmed queer!" followed by similar.

> comic
how does this guy come up with this ish?
nigga should start a tv show, a netflix one even

Except, in this instance, soldier's relationship is more relevant when paired with that message.
I mean, Soldier has no one in the game except people he works with to save the world. No family, no friends, except for those in Overwatch. Pharah happened to follow Ana into overwatch, which is great for her character and makes sense, but Soldier's relationship reveal in the comic just serves to prove that his whole life is his job and he couldn't make a normal life work. It's not like there's an entire comic about jack sucking dicks.

also thanks for posting this
was looking for the source, anymore would be much appreciated

I'm that poster and I'm right there with you; bolt on frankentitties are gross.
But at least they slightly resemble the real deal.

>5%
damn, has it gotten that bad?

Starting to feel in the minority user? :^)

2 is more than 5% of 30.

A forced gay character is, simply put, a character that makes their sexual orientation their narrative focal point.

Tranny hands typed this post.

You can't be married to your job if you have a bf or gf

a polygon article?that is it?

Attached: 1550447473788.png (2000x2000, 1.37M)

Don't Japanese men do it pretty well? Besides the whole suicide rate thing.

>had
past-participles are hard, hey buddy?

>implying women loving cock isn’t natural
LMAO
You think I have cognitive dissonance, look at that guy ^

>Besides the massive society destroying depression
:thinking:

>he dosent know is at least 10
dumb breeder

He does that now because of that d.va is a starcraft pro player shit

Still do it extremely better than most countries but that's just how their culture raised them. Being a contributing member of society does that to you

When it is presented as something normal. Especially when it's just nonchalantly introduced it annoys me

>this character is like any other but he/she just so happens to be attracted to their own gender in a romantic/sexual way and yes, that implies they have "sex" by rubbing their vags together (or whatever lesbos do), or by him taking his erection and literally forcing it inside another man's defecation hole, this is something competely normal, get with the times user!

Sodomy especially is disgusting, unhealthy and unnatural.

There is, if its a subtle character trait like arcade ganon from Fo:Nv versus a press release declaring a characters just gay by fiat.

>Actually believing your degeneracy affects 10% of the population
Maybe, and this is a big maybe, 10% of certain very liberal regions are gay, like small liberal arts colleges with college girls who are lesbians until graduation, or San Francisco. But of the 5 billion people who live in Africa and Asia? 2% at best, and even that is pushing it by including faggots, dykes, trannies, etc. in one category.

You shame smug anime girls everywhere.

Attached: 1531204123039.jpg (594x395, 88K)

Get back to me when all it's announced that all the other characters are straight and your argument will make sense.
No. Straight characters aren't paraded as being straight, it's only gay characters who get that treatment. This is called tokenism and as a faggot I find it extremely insulting. If him being gay were revealed in a relevant way in some sort of longer story line it would be fine, but that's not what fucking happened.

Make 'ships fanon again. Then everyone gets what they want.

displaying their sexuality is forced, always. tho it can sound shocking, being gay is not "normal" biologically speaking. making them displaying that, is like say, making a character with birght green hair.

This

Attached: 1550583787101 1539093810478.png (212x236, 51K)

>happily married
His husband is dead

and I, for one, would rather die than live in a world where our fictional characters have green hair.

Attached: almagam.png (1024x1024, 91K)

Some people just hate faggots, simple as that.

Honestly, it is cringe regardless of orientation.
Duke Nukem was basically "I'm so straight, and I'll fuck you in the ass if you disagree. Now wheres the tender pussy for my huge cock?"
It didn't age well. Don't take that as a sponsorship of SJWs, though. Dirty cunts.

It’s forced when it’s obvious that the character isn’t gay, and they just slap “queer” on there like a name tag. Soldier was never intended to be gay, that’s why he doesn’t act like it. If you’re honest, you’ve never met a single gay person in your life that you didn’t immediately know was gay. Gay people act a certain way, and the character should act gay if they’re going to make them gay.

Now THIS is bait-posting!

Its forced when its not affecting literally anything releated to gameplay and story which is the case in this guy in your pic OP. Who gives a shit about story in hero shooter its completly irrelevant. Theres a difference for example in making a gay character in RPG game when after some characters knowing that you're homosexual would for example treat you differently,change their dialogue lines and shit like that which would lead to characters development based on his sexuality. Same applies to straight. I dont give a shit that a character likes to pound pussy if game doesnt have a fucking romance options - just like I said about someone gay in this case it would be like protecting a woman protagonist feels something to or something like that which pushes forward characters development and story as a whole if its not in the game then who fucking gives a shit and it they just come out,dont release any proper updates for their game thats unbalanced garbage and just say ,,Hey! This character is homo now! So fucking cool right?'' then it is forced.

Hetro sex is how people are born. No one been born through gay sex.

My problem was there was nothing to warrant the label of being gay that Blizzard put on him. There was no form of foreshadow or build up to them revealing he's game. And I'm not saying that every gay character has to be some overly flamboyant guy who talks about how much he wants to suck dicks all day. But if they gave us something a little more before making him gay I don't think as many people would of cared.

Overwatch

*gay not game

Why are gays so defensive? Do they secretly know how gross it is to want to waste time having sex with guys instead of doing something productive.

You shouldn't mix work and pleasure and two genders exist for one to be productive and the other to be sexed and raise children.

Are gays the jews of the sexuality world?

Why do I need to know a characters a homo/dyke/non binary in a game that's entirely about shooting people? What does know one character in apex legends being gay or one being non-binary add to the game?

>What is the difference?

Disproportionate representation. It's called a minority for a reason. You'd be a fool to not just expect someone to be straight until they tell you otherwise. It is uncommon. When it comes to fiction if you place an uncommon element in your character that seems to have no narrative reason to it then it will inevitably feel forced, and you'll have failed as a writer.
You can make someone like Agent 76 gay if you want, but he shouldn't be gay because "gay people are real guys get over it", it would be an inescapably core element to his character, and that is in heavy contrast to real life where your sexuality shouldn't dictate who you are as a person.
And just because it's core to the character it's also not to be confused with it being overtly presented, even though it could be so. It's a rather nuanced thing after all, but navigating those elements is your job as a writer so you're expected to not fuck it up.

This is ultimately a discussion not of end results but of ideology and reasons, and you're just looking at it as "this is here and this other equal thing is there but you're upset at one and not the other, what gives?" then you're just not going to be able to understand what bothers people.

You're on Yea Forums, I'm sure you bitch and moan about hundreds of much more irrelevant things.

You're not wrong, but learn to fucking punctuate.

It bothers you because you don’t like gays.

Unironically this, being gay or LGBTQZY isn't a personally trait it's not a point of being that needs constant acknowledgement, I dont make my personality revolve around fucking pussy or being black it's just silly disingenuous

1 in 10 people are gay. there's 20+ heroes in overwatch. there's two gay characters.

>When it comes to fiction if you place an uncommon element in your character that seems to have no narrative reason to it then it will inevitably feel forced, and you'll have failed as a writer.
This is retarded. Essentially you’re saying characters should only be gay if their sexuality directly relates to the story but that’s not how real life works. The inverse would imply that all straight people have their sexualities as key story points but that is not the case either. Supporting characters can often include romantic partners in a story where that particular facet of the protagonist’s life is irrelevant, like one’s wife or one’s girlfriend. The same should be true of hypothetical homosexual characters.

If you just played the game and didn't read a comic or Twitter or whatever you'd have no idea anyone's sexual orientation so what does it matter

>You shouldn't mix work and pleasure and two genders exist for one to be productive and the other to be sexed and raise children.
By that logic, is any kind of sex between opposite genders that isn't penis + vagina bad to you?

I don’t care about a character’s sexuality, it doesn’t make them more interesting. The main issue with gay characters is that they’re usually “LOOK THIS CHARACTER IS GAY HAHA, IT’S HIS MAIN DEFINING FEATURE, WE’RE VIRTUE SIGNALING, GIVE ME WOKE POINTS”.

My main problem with the soldier situation is that the guy that created the character likely wasn’t involved in the decision to make the character gsy. Tracer is fine because she was created for the game but soldier existed before the game and was given to blizzard. Bi guy by the way.

It is forced because all homos should be thrown off a roof.

Don't you think it's kind of warped when you argue that something is forced because it's not catering to you while you are the audience? Isn't the more logical conclusion that you are just not, in fact, the audience?

These are some common features that make some gay characters unlikeable in games and other media.
1. Their main defining feature is being gay.
2. The setting changes to become accepting of homosexuality so that the gay character can fit.
3. The gay character is obnoxious and expresses their gay-ness in everything they do.

One very important thing to point out is that there is a huge difference between “Gay identity” and homosexuality. Homosexuality has always been a thing, this sort of mass identitarianism is a recent thing. People don’t seem to be able to separate these two things. Being homosexual doesn’t mean a character adheres to a 21th century western culture gay identity. Whenever devs keep inserting blatantly modern western world cultural shit into fictional/historical settings, my immersion is automatically broken.

They literally never are.

Name one video game character that fulfills are 3 of those points.

Why would it be a problem in fictional settings, considering they're fictional?

Except they are. When the first time you meet a character they make sure to let you know they’re gay, this is how the writers are defining them.

Isn't it impossible to not have #2 without having #3?
If the character is gay in a setting that hates on fags, then their gayness sort of *has* to become the crux of the story, doesn't it?

>also "twenty-firth" lol

It’s not necessarily a problem if it’s fictional modern world or beyond, otherwise it just comes off as the writer trying to fish in modern-day shit to please specific audiences, which is never a good thing in writing. Either that or being unable to imagine a fantasy world that doesn’t have a blatant modern day western culture baggage.

I don't really care. Though, if a character's sexuality is completely irrelevant and never explored, I think it's kind of pointless to go out of your way to say "oh he gay" or "he straight". Unless you HAVE to mention it as part of his backstory ("he seeks revenge after his husband was murdered"), which I guess it's alright. Though, if the developer or publisher go out of their way to say "BY THE WAY OUR GAME HAS THE GAYZ N SHIT" then it will make me think that maybe they forced a gay character for publicity, but ultimately it would just be a slight distraction. If the character's good, then it's good no matter what.

I'm not a fan of turning established characters gay, but if their sexuality was never talked about, they wouldn't be "turning" into anything. They were always gay but nobody knew yet. I think that if your character is gay, and you want to show that he's gay, then don't make it a secret. Establish that they are gay from the get-go so nobody ends up feeling "betrayed". Unless coming out as gay is part of their arc or something.

Also I don't think most people getting mad at this are inherently homophobes. I think a lot are too caught up in this "culture war" stupidity and just get extremely defensive for no reason about things they really don't actually hate in the first place. I don't think that's a good thing but I think it's more of a knee-jerk reaction rather than bigotry.

How often do you casually mention your girlfriend or wife in general conversation? Is it forced of gays do thay?

Depends on the setting, but generally that’s fine.

think it just pissed people off cause everyone was imagining s76 as a capt america chad that probably banged half of overwatch's female operatives then all of a sudden bang suddenly he becomes a homo just because, if roadhog and junkrat came at as gay it probably wouldnt have been as bad

Attached: Overwatch daddies.png (1280x565, 880K)

Imagine repeating the same troll against the same people over and over again. Must feel good to be a coward

The main defining feature of this sort of bad character is that when you meet the character you are taken out of the story to realize it’s just there for out-of-setting reasons. There really isn’t much beyond that.

Attached: 667EA81E-10CF-426D-930D-06319A2BCD2C.jpg (403x403, 53K)

But gay people don't mention that they're gay right away. In my experience, they wait several days or weeks even to weed out anyone who's going to be an autist about it.
The only natural way to expose a character is gay right away is to have the opening scene be Character kissing or fucking someone of the same sex, and at that point it might seem like the faggotry is that characters main identity.

If the conversation is written like how would actual human beings work, the no, it would not feel forced.

Example: that cyborg guy from Borderlands 2 who gave you missions. He would talk about something like "An ex-boyfriend of mine liked hunting things and he went missing..." or something like that. He tells you that he's gay while naturally talking about something else.

Actual sensible answer on the first post. Sometimes Yea Forums surprises you.

Writers of games are always too fucking ignorant to make an accurate comment on politics or society at large. Most politicians are too fucking ignorant to talk about shit outside of their district.
So even if the game is amazing they message ends up being wrong or poorly portrayed.

Attached: 1540589598980.jpg (208x232, 11K)

Its forced when its a selling point, 76 is Blizzard saying "BUY OUR GAME, IT HAS ONE OF YOU IN IT"
Leon here, he actually has a use for why hes gay, hes in love with a dude who he knows will never love him back, but still greatly respects him and vise versa, This is a case of doing a character right, since its an aspect of his character thats part of his story, but its not all sunshine and rainbows where the gay guy gets everything he ever wanted just because hes different, real life doesnt fucking work like that
Im fine with Gay characters, just fucking do them right

Attached: Leon.png (2000x3095, 2.53M)

Mankind Divided unironically did a good job revealing that Miller is gay.

Attached: YXjyDJr.jpg (1920x1080, 231K)

>revealing he's game
Well I'm game too; if you catch my meaning

Attached: 1548997486506 bs3gevgc6wf01.png (904x768, 478K)

Those are oficial numbers provided by the US government tho’. Are you implying that the US of A are third world?

And Yea Forums complained.

There is literally no consistent standard because people who are looking to get triggered can find some way to argue why it's "forced" no matter what you do. And game devs caught on. So they don't bother to try to please the people who complain about it being "forced" because you can't. But the people who are happy with representation will be happy with any representation. Maybe if Yea Forums was capable of honest critique free from ulterior motives there would be room for actual criticism about the depiction of gay characters, but as it is, no.

wasnt this a "distraction faggot" move by bliz because of poor player retention or some banning shit they were doing at the time?

Of course it shouldn't be the second you meet them. There are ways to casually say that they are gay. "My husband the other day...", "reminds me of an ex boyfriend of mine...", etc. It doesn't even have to be dialogue, you could include it in their bio or something.

you see him looking at that picture of his ex longingly at christmas in one of the comics

it's all very very autistic to celebrate it or get mad about it since none of it is in actual game since 100% of the overwatch story is in auxillary media

This opinion is so boilerplate Yea Forums I can't even be arsed to argue with it. It's like one of those cherry-picked WRPG vs. JRPG images.

Sure, people will always complain, especially in the cultural climate we live today. I think what matters more is how many people complain about it. Very few people gave a shit about Kung Jin in MKX, but there was major outrage about TLOU2 trailer.

High tier
>character's homosexuality is used by the plot in some interesting way like Sybil from Transistor whose flaming lesbianism caused literally everything bad that happened during the game or Ryo from Devilman
Mid tier
>the character is generally likeable and behaves like a normal human being, you won't find out his sexual preferences unless you specifically dig for it, like visiting Jim Miller's apartments in Deus Ex MD and paying attention to the photos on the walls
Low tier
>character's only defining trait is his homosexuality and he annoys you with it non-stop

Because the TLoU2 trailer reached a bigger audience, not because it's a bigger problem. There is no problem.

Why does Donald Duck have so many ambiguously interpreted images? What were they thinking?

Of course. It's a sliding scale from excessive unnecessary pleasure-seeking to straight up self-destructive sexual abominations. The same-sex variants though can't even be attempted to be rationalized and justified as pair-bonding behaviors that would lead to and accompany something eventually fruitful (children), so they're the worst kind of sexual immoralities.

When people are out there looking for ways to force specific shit in their games, it’s hard to blame people for looking for those things. In an ideal world, both of those things would happen spontaneously.

TLoU trailer was specifically made to trigger an outrage and get people to talk about it. You’d have to be very naive if you think otherwise.

we're not race blind though
we see niggers, we get angry

When it doesn't affect gameplay/story, the character doesn't look gay and there was no need to tell that. Basically when the company just wants to mark "diversity" in their checklist.

>When people are out there looking for ways to force specific shit in their games, it’s hard to blame people for looking for those things.
Other way around, dude. You're seeing this shit because you're looking for it.

Yeah, it’s not like we get devs everyday on twitter blatantly admitting they force this sort of shit in their games for political reasons.

He is wearing a sailor's uniform, after all.

Attached: 1524055562719.gif (320x240, 1.03M)

Far, far less than you pretend. Especially when you bring in "force". No, they write about things they like, that doesn't mean it's forced. Maybe you're just easily triggered by gay people?

Well, it's pretty easy since you have to look at the context.
>Acti-Blizz stock in a spiral since Blizzcon
>The Overwatch League gives conflicting reports about them putting a girl on a team, but it turns out it was a guy, with conflicting reports on how he fooled
>the story that reveals Jack Morrison owns assless chaps and looks to park his cock in men's behinds reads like a Grade 4 short writing assignment, adds more complicated lore with Ana's backstory and does little to move what little "story" the game has forward
>now every single news outlet that covers gaming releases a story about 76 being gay and buries the stories about Blizzard's failure beneath it
I'd say this was forced as fuck.

Attached: 1424796353759.png (640x480, 388K)

>Well, it's pretty easy since you have to look at the context.
Why don't we ever have to look at the context for straight characters? Why even make it an issue?

Blame the gays.

Because of widespread faggotry in our rotten popular culture, every display of male affection is considered a display of closeted homosexuality.

In countries where homosexuality ends in being thrown of a roof, dudes can still hold hands platonically like its the 18th century.

but why the hell would you want to hold hands with another dude? i mean i hug my bros, im not scared of male on male contact, but holding hands? That's gay as fuck, idc who's doing it

We can also blame heteronormative toxic masculinity that only allows displays of affection if you say no homo

That sounds like insecurity to me. Why should anyone care if people think they’re gay when they’re actually not? And at any rate that no-homo shit has been ingrained into American culture since the 50s, see catcher in the rye.

Why can't more gay characters be like this guy?

Attached: friends-in-low-places-walkthrough.jpg (770x350, 23K)

It becomes forced when they wait to announce this until the game's popularity is stagnant or in decline, so that the announcement appears to be an attempt to virtue signal or to regain relevancy by baiting blue-haired journalists into writing positive articles about the cash grab being "inspirational." Don't be uncritical about corporate marketing. Just because it's something you may like, it doesn't mean that thing isn't part of a marketing campaign to sucker sensitive, well-meaning people. Corporations exist solely to make money.

It doesn’t matter. No matter how you present it, some turbosperg will screech about the fact that a gay character exists.

This.

gay is a choice just like trans get over it resetera

You know how sonicfox is always telling everyone that he's gay every fucking interview he takes? That's forced

>if you say no homo
youtube.com/watch?v=B4WwQHoDTYk

Forced: A character with no hints or development at all throughout the story & is arbitrarily named gay at the end or by the creators simple to pander to Mentally ILL Trannies. Despite it not fealing authentic, suitable to the setting, lore & the characters themselves. Example, see Ellie from TLOU

Acceptable: Character whose slowly developed & written around their sexuality and it’s used to drive their motivations throughout the story or is subtly shown that they are in love with their respective love interest. Generally feels authentic & natural, and doesn’t make the idea of them being gay a bigger pretentious deal then it needs to be & is treated like a normal occurrence. Pic related is a good example of a well written gay character that everyone likes.

Attached: 71117E5A-BCEA-4219-AE0A-70DE0DD53ED9.gif (359x443, 34K)

Because straight people are the vast majority of people are straight and straight sex is necessary to propagate the human race. Shoehorning in sexuality, after the fact, where it is not relevant, is only done to pander to sensitive people who will defend them for no other reason than that they unintelligent enough to feel like a corporation actually cares about them.

You know he only does that to bait homophobes, right? He does an amazing job of it, he's one of the best irl baitposters.

Because most people can't balance having both an interesting political message and a good game and end up doing neither. MGS3 is a good game with good political messages, Mass Effect Andromeda is neither a good game, nor does it have an interesting or well made political message.

Attached: 1468630199460.png (1143x1099, 771K)

>Example, see Ellie from TLOU
lol nah you're just a spiteful weeb

Big difference between "just pretending to be retarded" and "I'm actually a fag".

It's forced when you don't mention their sexual orientation for two fucking years and create skins and emotes as if they're straight with no mention or a whiff of them being something else and then when your game's popularity and presence in the public consciousness begins to fade you then suddenly announce that they're Y instead of X.

Attached: 53411.jpg (820x720, 219K)

Literally a poorly written character who showed no signs of being gay in the entire game at all & was only forced into being one in the DLC spin-off that nobody played simply to pander to Subhuman trannies & Journos

Faggots are a blight on the planet. Every nation that accepts them and their lifestyle sees its culture and society crumble and die.

Kung jin is gay in mkx, mileena (fan favorite) is bi

It is hinted in their dialogue and their story. Nobody complains because it was just a little thing added to their backstory, they still have other quirks.

Dudley in street fighter represents the UK and is black, yet everybody loves him because he is the living incarnation of gentlemanly.

Meanwhile overmeme makes characters with the depth of a wet tissue and after threes fucking years announces their sexuality. Then everyone from their head writer to every journo parades this like if it was the discovery of electricity.

Look I don’t think many have problems with gays per se, some people have and surely you will find most of them here rather than other websites, but the problem is that when this companies do it , it feels extremely fake. For instance remember tracer comic? It was not released in russia, china and Middle East. Love the gays! But love that moolah more :))))

>your sexuality shouldn't dictate who you are as a person
What does this even mean? Acting fem?
It's ironic that all media and advertising is ruled by sexuality and is present in everyday life. People talk about what girl they like and such, but suddenly when gays do it its "forced"

then why did people get upset when they announced that gibraltar from apex legends is a fag right from the start?

>In the midst of multiple scandals
>Reveal, with 0 other indication in years of backstory and lore, that a character was actually gay
>Suddenly everyone who was angry about the 3+ ongoing scandals is actually just a homophobe that hates you for your diversity
The gay shield never fails

>create skins and emotes as if they're straight

...user what skins and emotes shoul have had for being gay?
An emote where he drops down and pretends to suck a dick? A skin where he's wearing a rainbow flag as a cape?
What?

>create skins and emotes as if they're straight
I don't see how his previous behavior excluded him from being gay. The way someone acts is not tied to sexuality.
If he was announced gay from the beginning you people would have cried forced anyway.

I didn't see nearly as much attention to the reveal on news sites as Yea Forums pays attention to it. You're exaggerating the "parades"

Your sexuality DOES dictate who you are as a person. I guess straight people don’t notice it since most everyone is straight, but sexuality has a colossal impact on who a person is. Growing up gay in a straight word is obviously going to have an effect on how a person turns out, is, their personality was at least partially dictated by their sexuality.

Kung jin got away being a fag because all the kombat kids were trash anyway

>Literally a poorly written character who showed no signs of being gay in the entire game at all
lol yeah because if they had made the game about how gay she was and made it all about her relationship with a girl you'd have loved it!

Oh wait that's what they did in the DLC and look how fair you're being

I don’t care as much as other neets on here, but I think my frustration comes from the fact that the diversifying is literally just following the trend, or for “ally” points. It doesn’t affect the game and requires no additional work.

Take a white character and just change their skin color brown. Take a character and just say they’re gay. It doesn’t affect the story. It doesn’t affect anything. It’s Dumbledore is gay all over again — it just wins brownie points with the media and Twitter crowd. And that’s annoying.

Probably user, but that is because overmeme is getting out of fad.

Completely serious question. How does the new announcement of soldiers sexuality affect your gameplay whatsoever? What about the game has changed? What exactly is the issue with him coming out as a gay and how does that somehow spoil the situation for you?

for me, it would be when the character doesnt stop mentioning things that let other people know he is gay.

like always "my husband" when a man is talking, even normal couples use their names instead of always refering to other as husband or wife.

You're making the assumption that all these characters are made starting as a straight white man. That's not how everyone develops characters

>Play Overwatch
>Game is shit so I quit
>Later find out one of the characters is GAY
>Reinstall it, play for 1000 hours and reach top 500

Attached: reifishing.jpg (740x800, 333K)

Why does a brown guy or a gay need to have a different personality/character than the white guy? The point is that they’re the same regardless.

I think the problem stems from Soldier 76 not being revealed to be gay from the start. The fact they did the whole mystery around who's gay and who's not just tells us that this was not something anyone had put any serious thought into when character bios were first written.

Caring about Overwatch lore is the worst thing I could imagine anyone doing.

Attached: 1529475936477.jpg (720x960, 182K)

>goyim
You are stupids, anons. Why do you pluralize a singular nounjective like a fucking retards? GOY is the singular of goyIM, you dumb fucks. Say it properly. Or better yet, you're communicating in English. Why not use the English word for it, which is GENTILE, faggots?

No people are still bitching about those 2 characters from Apex

Shouldn't you be able to just deal with it? Don't you say to the SJWs that the skin color or sexuality of a character doesn't have to represent you to enjoy a game/movie?

Fpbp as awlays

Something is forced when the inclusion is made for the sake of inclusion.
For instance, the idiots who insisted that blacks should be in the witcher even though there is no historical logic to this move so if the devs had listened to the complaints and had changed genders to appease political tyrants, then the black characters would stick out like sore thumbs since their presence only serve to highlight their presence as tokens which, ironically, is backwards for the cause of eliminating systematic racism in society.
It's funny in its own way. SJW are only content so long as you include a token minority. There was a time when the token black guy inclusion was the butt of many jokes and called out as being racist and nowadays the champion of inclusions don't bother caring about meaningful inclusion and push for the inclusion of more meaningless tokens for the mere sake of presence and, in the end, it only setves to increase the alienation and abnormality of their presence.

What's petty and every bit as meaningless is crying EVERYTIME there's an inclusion of a minority regardless of context. Like complaining about changing Isaac for a black man in the netflix CV story even though they actualky used his racial origins to build his character rather than just remake the same sexually ambiguous borefest of a stereotype he used to be, but black. As a result we got easily the most interesting character of the cast. Inclusion is not a bad thing in itself. It just has to be made in a thoughtful and natural way unlike the way SJW push it.

What is this shit?

Attached: 1548428835812 1406411322650.jpg (500x392, 44K)

The Witcher is set in a fictional world though so "historical logic" doesn't really apply

>less than 5% of global population
>deserving any sort of representation
jej

>3rd world
>Christfag
do a count of 1st and 3rd world countries and have a look which ones are christian and which ones are muslim

never thought I'd see the day but fpbp AND based OP
Yea Forums isn't ready for this conversation, 'forced' is often just a way for "hurdur me no like"s to convince themselves they're not being idiots

>For instance, the idiots who insisted that blacks should be in the witcher even though there is no historical logic to this move
Funny how they made it work in the DLC anyway innit

lol

Attached: 1024px-Christianity_percent_population_in_each_nation_World_Map_Christian_data_by_Pew_Research.svg[1 (1024x526, 157K)

>northern africa and middle east
lol indeed

What makes a gay character "forced" is when there was no hints or evidence pointing to them being gay, and suddenly a new patch comes out saying they're gay. Doesn't even need to be with sexuality, take Symetra for example. She wasn't on the spectrum until they released a patch saying she was. Just turned into an autist because they felt like it.

Attached: eJwFwdENhCAMANBdGADoFUrrNgQJmqgQ6H1d3P3e-5nvvMxmDtWxNuf2c5U-d7u0z9yqbb23q-ZxLlv67bJqLsddH10OPEpMxJ4k (302x300, 106K)

Why do straight people get triggered so easily

Gays are pretty weird dudes lmao, imagine needing constant representation in every type of media to feel comfortable in yourself lol

Attached: 1536782438413.webm (532x800, 549K)

Attached: baste.jpg (275x183, 3K)

... are just about the only parts of the third world without a substantial Christian population, yes. You thin the rest of Africa and South and Middle America are paradises? Meanwhile, look at the most successful Western countries. Less Christian than the heart of Africa.

>black people are there because magic
But what about a setting that's heavily grounded in a realistic setting with minor elements of magic that wouldn't allow for teleporting niggers? Something like the Witcher?

Attached: 1549443081862 1484804878024.jpg (288x252, 24K)

fpbp damn wtf

Gay Tony is probably the best written faggot in vidya simply because his whole personality or motivations don't revolve around him being gay, but being a club owner who sucks at it. Tony being gay is just a side thing mostly even if he's literally named Gay Tony.

>Does that make straight characters who do the same thing “forced” too?
That's not done nearly as often as people would like to imply.
Most pre 6th gen romances were always implied, if that, unless the game was specifically about a romance like FFVIII. There were diverse amounts of sexualities, genders, and ethnicities. Games like Fear Effect had homosexual main characters which had no significant draw outside of explaining the dynamics of two characters relationships. Flea in Chrono Trigger was flat out gender fluid. Ivan in MGS3 worked alongside his lover, if you'll remember. Joachim in Shadow Hearts, etc etc.

The difference between these characters and current characters is that their orientation is almost always used as a counter culture take that. Given todays social and political climate with the LGBTQ community finally getting acceptance and equality the sort of disingenuous "i'm gay by the way" shit that pops up these days is disgusting. As are writers who think they're clever like the ones who did everything in Pre-Sequel.

Unironically Life is Strange has the best kinetic flow for a relationship and tells a story of two characters who behave relatably. Which stands alone in this sea of virtue signaling bullshit that "sudden gay reveal" is turning into a meme in.

If you don't want black people in your game be honest about it but don't use the excuse that it's going for "realism" to not have black people in the game when all sorts of magical creatures exist. The realism comes from the harsh and cruel consequences of the games which isn't realism so much as maturity

Do you think people like me and mine are going to care about witcher because they've race lifted a couple of characters arbitrarily? You'd be insane. Which is the exact kind of insanity that led to Death Note happening.

fpbp
nu/v/ btfo

fpbp more than ever

>muh hate

Thicken that skin, snowflake.

Context and usage. In this case Blizz dropped that he was gay almost immediately after a big fuckup, so the context suggests they did it to draw people’s attention away.

As far as usage: At what point does who he has sex with factor into the game?
>Hurrr default heterosexual
Very few straight people identify with characters/other people on a sexual level, and even less make it an active part of their personality whereas gay people are incredibly obsessed with that area of representation

Why is it when straight guys talk about cute girls it is normal but gay guys talking about cute guys is forced.

>as if a guy needed a reason to wear pink anymore than he needed a reason to be gay
You must have forgot how pink was a very bold color choice for a man to wear in the late 90s early 2000s.

Then again you were likely a toddler then so that's understandable I guess.

You don't care but other people might like it

There are niggers in Witcher 3 but they all live in a different part of the world the game is set in. If you meant Kingdom Come, that game is trying to recreate real-life medieval Bohemia where niggers were rare as fuck so the only reason is realism.
If you're mad about not being represented in a VIDEO GAME FOR CHILDREN, you need to reorganize your priorities in life, mate. I'm not mad that I can't relate to most black comedy or oriental movies but I can still enjoy them sincerely.

You're banking on attracting a crowd who never cared about the IP to begin with. People care more about well crafted stories than being catered to. Ghostbusters 2016 catered to a widely female crowd and while statistically over 56% of fans were female, that movie bombed to shit because it was trash.

Catering shouldn't even be on the menu. If the chips align and this is a decision made for a choice based on vision. Good on you. But if you're thinking you're going to appeal to people who don't even know your project exists?

Good fucking luck.

>There was a time when the token black guy inclusion was the butt of many jokes
You didn't get the joke: Having one is obvious pandering and is less preferable than having more than one. The joke wasn't "none is better than one". To use hyperbole and a food analogy, it's like feeding someone a slice of bread; yes you did feed them and you can now forever talk about how you gave them food, but it's not really a meal. Joking about the slice of bread isn't saying it's worse than nothing.

Because gamers either want gays to be sexless prudes or too scared to join in the "locker room talk".

It's funny, an older relative is annoyingly liberal, but still sides with the "we don't need to know that" camp of gays in media.

Not him, but it's a conversation opened up by someone's essay. Responding to that doesn't make you mad.

>gays can't have kids
yo user

I'd be upset if Emperor Hiroheto was trying to Pearl harbour the main character's arsehole in game. It doesn't make sense for Christ sake

Attached: 1550574997946 1520921065074.jpg (640x786, 96K)

>Because gamers either want gays to be sexless prudes
Ivan, Flea, Joachim, Hana, Ash, and half of the old school WRPGs like F2 all prove this stupid narrative wrong. Because the characters were well received.

Maybe because they were written well? But in your crazy reality, all homosexual characters MUST be beloved regardless of how painfully poor they are created. Else we'll just be yet another gamer biggot incel

>Else we'll just be yet another gamer biggot incel
Careful with that victim complex user.

No, if Soldier 76 can be hated for having his gayness explored only in how he can't keep a relationship going due to his dedication to his cause, the problem isn't the writing, it's the suspicions and prejudices the evolved to cynically see inclusion as basic as this as bad.