Ice Cave!

This is the first dungeon I do as Adult Link, if anyone can explain why, then you're a good ocarina of time player. If not then you have more learning to do, get to it!

Attached: icecavern.jpg (800x600, 78K)

because your father never loved you

ive wondered that myself, whats the first dungeon you do?

so you can get early ice arrows

But he doesn't even have the bow.

>tfw Sheik doesn't rape you in the ice cave.
Why can't I get what I want?

You do Fire temple > forest temple > Water temple

or you're a complete retard.

You can use the iron boots to get the key in well in side the forest temple without having to drain it right?

Ice arrows dont even come from there
In fact ice arrows are useless anyway

What is the reason faggot, don't leave us hangin

It's so me and zelda can Chill out after 7 years. Eh? Get it? Chill out?

The first thing I do is get the Biggoron's Sword.

Based, only hard part is the skulltulas before reaching biggoron itself if you do it before getting the hookshot, but i just bombchu the fuck out of them.

So you can get it the fuck out of the way. Water and Ice dungeons are literally the worst.

My favorite minidungeon is the well in Kakariko just because Bottom of the Well is such woeful sounding name even before you encounter all the death.

If OoT handled the child and adult parts of the game like the tanker / shell parts of MGS2, so you could do the adult part immediately on a replay at the very least, it would deserve its GOAT status beyond any shadow of a doubt and I would replay it an actual million times. But the child part is such a fucking slog.

This is the first thing I do after the first temple, if anyone can explain why, then you're a good ocarina of time player. If not then you have more learning to do, get to it!

Attached: oot.png (1441x1079, 1015K)

You beat ganon so you can finish the game!

It's a a huge chore to play nowadays but you have to understand how unfamiliar people were with 3D spaces at the time. Slow text speed really doesn't help at all.

this is the correct answer. fire always before forest.

Don't you need the bow to finish fire temple? I like doing glitchless runs.

nope, the bow is not necessary for the dungeon.

Nah, I did fire before forest the first time I played it back then as a kid. There is just one door you can't pass through because it has one of those eye switches, but it's not necessary.

I actually played it in 1998, I'm well aware of where it stands in the annals of the 3D console video games. It doesn't change how boring the first hour always is on a replay.

You can still get to the other side of that door without the bow. It's the map room, which has those jail bars all around. When you're done running from the fire pillar in the room adjacent, you can actually hop over the grate with a standard action button prompt and jump down.

This is literally the only Zelda game with good dungeons.

Majora's mask has some pretty good dungeon as well.

that's what the tab key is for

I think the dungeons are the weakest part of majora's mask actually.

Snowpeak Ruins would like a word with you

majora's mask is a better game

So guys, spirit or shadow first?
I always do shadow first, since the hover boots help a bit with the spirit temple (reaching some gray rupees, hovering to the switch and skulltula ledges without scarecrow) while the mirror shield does absolutely nothing for the shadow temple.

I think thematically they're really cool, but the functional design is hit and miss. Stone Tower is kino for example, but Great Bay is kinda forgettable and frustrating.

You want the blue tunic? Or maybe Iron boots for heart pieces?

>Doing Fire before Water

Ugh it's like you want to backtrack or are you casual non completing scum?

Twillight Princess has the by far best designed dungeons in the series aside from the one in the twillight realm, too bad the rest is kinda meh.

That's not a dungeon you retard
but it's kino, ice is kino, music is super soothing and nostalgic and also really lonely and feeling trapped really far away from everything and impossible to get to
water tunic is kino
ocarina song you get there is bliss
Blue flame is only there and is asmr and i want to eat it

I love Great Bay but I also liked the Water Temple, I'm just that one guy that likes water levels I guess.

Fire first is the least backtracking because getting the hookshot puts you at the foot of Death Mountain anyway.

Why would you want to be raped by a man (female)?

I hate great bay more than I hate the water temple.

The Water Temple is great. What made it such a pain on release is how far ahead of its time it was for a game where most people were still taking baby steps into 3D games.

Fuck off Zoom zoom.

get fucked I'm 32

>he doesn't know about their damage values or use against bongo

Attached: 1550727855381.gif (607x609, 821K)

Snowpeak is terrible design wise
>Yeti's wife send you somewhere
>Get there, back track
>Yeti's wife send you somewhere else
It's linear AND has back tracking.
Absolutely dogshit if it wasn't for the comfy snow setting

Sure thing Zoomy

No it was the iron boots that made it such a pain, not that it was too intelligent to be understood. It is good, but not nearly enough to make up for that.

Bongo dies to dropping a bomb on him before the fight starts.
There's no need to put shadow temple off until after ice arrows to kill him the slow way slightly faster.

Feeling lost and misdirected is what people hated about the Water Temple. Nobody cares about having to pause to change an item in a Zelda game except people who played it decades later to see what all the fuss was about.

>fights ganon after first temple
>i cant even get past the castle courtyard
help

Attached: oot cc.jpg (1172x716, 93K)

First thing you should do is go rescue Epona or you're evil.

>not doing dodongo's cavern first as an adult
Sounds like someone is playing the game like a casual.

>The Hero Falls timeline
>the populace discovers a Hylian sentry murdered a child with a bomb and willfully puts Ganon in power

If you're doing a 100% speedrun ice caverns is the first adult (and first overall) dungeon you finish because the route just worked out that way.

It's called Ice Cavern and it's not a dungeon

Attached: 1550766969539.jpg (1440x810, 165K)

No, I've tried it, but it doesn't let you open that chest with the iron boots + underwater. The button prompt to open the chest only appears once you've drained the water.

Surely you jest. I remember clearly discussing it at school back then

>has a map
>has keys + puzzles
>has a treasure acquired after beating the boss
Just because you don't get a medallion doesn't mean it isn't a dungeon

Great Bay is underrated. The mechanical design with the moving parts and the obvious logic behind those water tanks that supply power to the whole place. Not only that but you only see it from a distance giving the illusion it's monstrously huge.

Well technically Stone Tower is too but the actual dungeon is on top in that funny head thing. Like how the whole mountain is called Woodfall.

it's a mini dungeon

Why would I even bother doing that first?