Anthem

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA FLOP OF THE CENTURY

Bioware is gonna go bye-bye.

Attached: HAHAHAHAHAHA.png (777x700, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1098409197773848576
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hopefully.

Still assmad over ME3, then Andromeda.

>he doesnt know that ME:A had a fucking TON of shit before its release, and it got joked about every day, yet still sold 5mil

Anthem has what? "Its bad becausee I didnt like it"?

Jesus fuck, I dont even care for Anthem but saying it will flop is a lie

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 7K)

it sold well because the previous games were so good...doesn't mean the game itself wasn't shit and a flop because it basically killed the series

It sold so well they washed their hands over it and scrapped any DLC/expansion plans.

How the fuck is Fallout 76 a 5.1/10? That's above average. The game MIGHT be at 5/10 (at best) when it's actually playable which is almost never.

Whenever I hear about the videogame crash of yesteryear, it's all about grim sadness and disappointment.
Don't know about you, but this crash has only provided me with heartful keks and cathartic satisfaction. What a time to be alive.

so uh what's so bad about anthem
haven't really paid attention

It's a nuBioware game

It has good graphics and literally nothing else.

Don't forget that the actual graphics are kind of laughable compared to what they showed in the 2017 demo

if you've ever played its competitors destiny, warframe or the division it's easier to understand

Basically its entered an MMO genre and immediately become the shittest available option in the entire space. No PVP, complete lack of content (only 4 armor sets and 3 missions in the endgame lol), and mediocre gunplay

and I forgot to mention, its also full of bugs. Serious bugs that can fuck up the experience (skips missions, etc.). And stupid decisions like a playlist that can put you into any random story mission before you've completed the campaign and then you can never replay that mission; and objectives like "rez 5 allies" that mean you have to follow people and wait for them to die

7.5 is average in the shiteogame world

As usual. Nobody should expect demo graphics to be final - which is pretty scammy, especially since they explicitly said there would be no downgrade from thise graphics, but they're still pretty good. Not very creative, but they obviously spent 90% of their budget on optimizing the game for preview screenshots and videos.

>As usual. Nobody should expect demo graphics to be final
And they should always be called out on it and shamed when it happens. They get away with downgrading because of these shitty defeatist mentalities like "oh this is industry standard now, can't do anything about that now".

It's got decent gunplay, nice graphics, and a novel flying mechanic. But its main issue is a total dearth of content. To wit, there are only four "classes", 4 mission types, 3-5 boss types, and basically just 10 enemy types not counting "same enemy with more health". There aren't very many guns or abilities either (after about 15-20 hours you'll never actually get a new weapon, just the same weapons with slightly better stats and a randomized status effect). And its overworld is surprisingly small. It's got maybe half the content on launch as something like Destiny yet still charged the full $60. It also suffers from a plethora of technical issues like borked damage values (single enemies are prone to literally having more shielding than you have ammunition), a bunch of bugs, and most cripplingly, an absolute dogshit UI.

That is 100% true and I agree. I just hope the expectations of demo graphics = final graphics will die soon along with retards who preorder games.

This. "It's okay because everyone does it" is how majority of cancerous shit in this industry got pushed into mainstream. No, it's not fucking okay.

Gonna stabilize at 70 critics / 3.5-4.0 players, this title will still belong to F76

So Andromeda was sacrificed because they were banking on this game, but then this comes out with barely any content and some badly functional gameplay too?

they probably have 1 more chance with dragons age before shutdown
would be sad to see them go, really enjoyed their games in the past

It seems like the crash is staying in the West, while Japan is making something of a comeback. I'm cool with this turn of events.

Haven't played it, but from what I've heard in reviews, it's basically got the same issues as Destiny 2 in its first year. Basically, it's really easy to hit he level cap quickly, the loot is really boring, and it gets old really quick because you're basically doing the same small handful of things over and over again.

>Bioware is gonna go bye-bye.
B-but...

Attached: 1550772249611.png (1901x1100, 826K)

>I just hope the expectations of demo graphics = final graphics will die soon
It literally should be the reverse of this. Public release should be an improvement, not a downgrade.

its bioware so probably theyre all too busy shoveing rainbow colored dildos up their asses and posting about it on twitter to actually make content.

>implying
in both case it was EA who said, fuck it lets cut all then content and budget, kids these days only want pew pew and bow bow, it gotta do fine
well they're not very wrong because Andromeda still made money despite killing the franchise for good

They were so busy at HR-mandated sexual harrassment awareness and LGBTQ sensitivity training seminars and drinking tea with Anita Sarkeesian that they forgot to actually make a decent game.

Jesus Christ and I thought Hamburger Helper (or whatever her name is) was bad. BW went all the way in.

Attached: big guys.gif (306x205, 2.97M)

>Previous games were so good

>ME3
>Good

Attached: jabbathesloot.png (530x615, 829K)

HOLY SHIIIT THAT'S DOPE!

Attached: dope.jpg (750x729, 211K)

Name a company worse than Bioware at ruining games.

>Mass Effect ruined

>Dragon Age ruined

>TORtanic

>Anthem

literally shit tier.

This is the effects of Cultural Marxism

They didn't realize "diversity hires" means hiring actual retards with no skills.

>5 is the average
brainlets

It sold so well they shut down Bioware Montreal and laid off nearly all the workers.

Who fucking cares abiut "critics" and metacriti?

It's an average of like 10-15 website scores.

Said sites give all major releases to one reviewer.

So you have the same 15 or so uneducated soiboys writing the equivalent of a Yea Forums post and that being this holy determiner of a games quality? How fucking stupid.
>inb4 ur defending anthem
Fuck anthem, probably worse than a 60 desu. But regardless of the game being talked about, why why why do you stupid asses give a single atomic fuck what these idiots say?

guaranteed that dragon age is still happening
EA is to creedy to waste the opportunity
also nobody that worked at the old games you liked is still at bioware. it might as well be a completely different company at this point

part of it is ea. one reason ive heard given for why bioware lost all its old employees is because ea pushed them to make games in unrealistic time frames.

Attached: 1550830986496.png (1015x227, 43K)

5/10 basically means it’s functional enough to boot up when you click on the exe

yfw it has longer load times than Sonic 06

twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1098409197773848576

Attached: 1527441950084.gif (221x268, 3.89M)

Me:a literally caused them to abandon the ME franchise

Also, it had a pre built fanbase who bought the game on goodwill alone

This pile of shit doesnt

weird flex, but ok. compare loading times with rdr2, another modern open world game. the fuck does sony have to do with anything. not the same amount of assets or world size.

>Who fucking cares abiut "critics" and metacriti?

Developers/publishers do, they're well aware of "negative" reviews and tepid reception of MOH Warfighter and Mass Effect Andromeda killed those franchises. And Anthem did worse than Andromeda

No one actually takes the reviews seriously, youd have to be a total moron to trust a games journalist

But these companies and normie consumers live and die by the review scores so its funny to see them tank badly

Attached: 1550773810179.png (1920x1080, 2.96M)

I'm getting mixed signals here, guys.

It is a subjective view for you to see it as shit, someone else doesn't see it the same way. There are objective truths in the world that define what makes "shit", it is a byproduct of your digestive system once the food's been processed. This is objectively shit.
Anthem is a game that is a byproduct of a developement team using their time, money and human resources to come up with a video game for people to play.
It might not be what you want from it and it might not even be what was initially promised, but it is still a video game of some quality and it has aspects that many people will surely like.
Your subjective view is that the game is shit. Good for you. You're entitled to have that view. But it is not an objective truth.
Stop acting like your opinions matter. Nobody is saying you're wrong about the game having aspects that make it dislikeable, but there is also things that make it likeable. For you, the negatives outweigh the positives, so you don't like the overall game. Others see promise in which you only see a construction site and a work in progress.

>But these companies and normie consumers live and die by the review scores so its funny to see them tank badly
>Developers/publishers do, they're well aware of "negative" reviews and tepid reception of MOH Warfighter and Mass Effect Andromeda killed those franchises. And Anthem did worse than Andromeda

They're saying the same shit

>GAME FAILED NOW I'M HAPPY

I'll never understand the zoomer mind

Attached: ged it.jpg (307x462, 15K)

>yet still sold 5mil
Yeah after retailers slashed down the price to 4.99$ because all the unsold stock was a waste of space.

>speaking of physical stock as if it were the only representative in video games sales in this day and age of digital distribution

you're a real special one, aren't you

>zoomer
This has always been the Yea Forums mindset, fag. Frankly BioWare has been limping along for years as it is

>When you outsource shilling to india
reading this feels like talking to someone who isnt a native english speaker

>schadenfreude is a zoomer thing

>zoomer highlights
>zoomer copies
>zoomer types www.google.com
>zoomer pastes into google search bar
>oh
>comes back and insults you

TORtanic was a mistake, now all the majority of Yea Forums seems to do is look for the next big blunder.

>shitty company releases shitty game, gets criticized

>good company makes good game, gets praised

guess why EA is hated and CDPR are loved.

>worse user score than FO76
This is a joke on par with steam user reviews
You can tell most of these people haven't even played the game.

I’m glad. That demo was fucking boring.

>biodrones hype up another dumpster fire
>WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING STOP IT RIGHT NOW

Attached: 1541356316514.jpg (672x787, 261K)

>It seems like the crash is staying in the West, while Japan is making something of a comeback.
Just like the last time.

No they have wisened up
500Mln losses on a big titlle are now compensated by 3 sport brand games released annually played by literal morons who dont realize they have been playing the same game for a decade

Meanwhile japs try and make good games

>holy shit that's dope
he's black

Andromeda would never have sold well if it didn't have mass effect in the title and you know it. Anthem is a new ip that looks boring as shit and trying to be EA's answer to Destiny, even though most people have moved on from those types of games to battle royales like Apex Legends and fortnite.

That would also explain it

>It's the 'flies eat dog shit' argument

Attached: 1549999195344.jpg (1920x1080, 173K)

Bioware betrayed its core fanbase to put out a soulless flavor of the month loot shooter filled with micro transactions. All hope is lost for them to return to what they once were so it feels better to see the drones they went after not net them any sales.

>you're not laughing along with US GAMERS
>you must be biodrone

zoom zoom

Attached: cfacc147e6c542718946c694936a9e2d.jpg (1800x851, 319K)

post additional Megumin

>Le gamers meme
Try being less of a stereotype, redditfugee

I didn't even call you a biodrone you dumbass faggot

Attached: 1445792075310.jpg (256x352, 17K)

why was a parked car edited to appear like it's moving? lol

>anthem is a coffin for bioware
wtf i love this game now

Attached: ce0lxhgdt9luyh85r6s7_400x400.jpg (400x400, 26K)

As someone who actually played fallout 76 (got it for christmas) I'm amazed the score is in the 50s, I guess these days a game with a score in the 50s is reserved for bottom of the barrel unplayable messes, anything below that doesn't exist

this guy gets it

>>Le gamers meme
but it's exactly what these type of reddit/9gag faggots do, and what's going on here.

>HAHA GAME BAD I HABBY
>PRAISE THE LORD I STILL HAVE MY SINGLEPLAYER WITCHER AND SKYRIM

>As someone who actually played fallout 76 (got it for christmas)

Why does your family/friend hate you?

bioware deserve nothing less than a skullfucking decade long rape

>a loving parent clueless about bidya finally decides to buy lil tommy a game, just to be nice
>ah, a new fallout game, that's something tommy enjoyed!
>internet faggots say mom/dad hate tommy because they bought him a present

funny joke faggot

Attached: HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAno.gif (154x273, 1.97M)

who are you quoting

But this is how reddit treats shit games

>being this much of a dummy
inb4

Attached: itrolu.png (755x620, 40K)

>a loving parent clueless about bidya finally decides to buy lil tommy a game

Oh, you are underage, good to know

The troglodytes who like Skyrim probably love this shit

because i'm under the impression there are parents who love their children?

that's a bit of a stretch

>5mil
>Not a flop

Look at the fucking budget.

user uses bluff !
It's not very effective...

Some Italian site posted the only positive review.

Attached: Uten navn.jpg (662x653, 123K)

>girl
At first glance I though it's a "he".

why are you bringing up unrelated games on a thread about anthem. do you redittor alway get this defensive about every shitty EA game.

Attached: dowload 2 070.jpg (183x275, 13K)

FUCKING TERRONE!

Reminder that Youtube influencers are so afraid of criticizing the game this is what Youtube reviews have devolved to. EA has already taken down one review already. Basically you have to say you're honest just to point out the game's flaws now. I have never seen any reviewer point out that their review is honest before this. EA really fucked up their paid reviews. Not even their influencers want to praise their game.

Attached: influencers honest reviews.jpg (812x732, 210K)

Peecha chakka nu tranny /pol/o? Hohoho

Attached: jab.png (526x442, 491K)

Seething

>tranny /pol/o
fuck me man my fucking sides

it is a tranny.
though in all fairness mentally ill men on hormones are still men on a basic level, so they should put out better work then women.

Attached: 1550793947746.jpg (750x764, 424K)

>Meanwhile a fucking Compile Heart game gets better reviews

Attached: 34a4652c1966364985f3ecee4b67a10e.png (659x335, 72K)

It's a single player game trying to be a multiplayer game. Because of this, the direction is aimless. Bioware should have just made it a single player game.

B..but lootboxes

Trannies aren't as bad at making games though

why is it that so many jap games include "re:" in the title

>yet still sold 5mil
>"we are sad to announce that ME: Andromeda did not meet our sales expectations and all planned DLC is now cancelled"
5 million IS a flop for EA.

If bethesda can turn fallout 76 into a title that sells over 2 million copies, I'm pretty sure Anthem will be fine.

Thats the first Compile Hearts game I have ever seen be in the green. Good for them

Attached: Nepnep okay.png (370x320, 21K)

EA wants 6 million copies shifted by the end of next month or it will be beneath expectations and considered a flop, by them at least.

Attached: 1375792388877.png (328x383, 69K)

>tfw my nephew fell for the hype and bought Anthem

Bros, how do I save him from his crippling low IQ?

MAYBE I’M FOOLISH

It's actually the second compile heart to get a green score, the other is Mary Skelter with 78

How about you worry about your own shit instead of trying to make people close to you do what you want them to do

Why? What is even the draw of Anthem to anyone?

Attached: 1490985310447.jpg (457x480, 26K)

Lie, in order to make him experience the disappointment by himself.

Tell stuff like the game has one seamless open world with almost no loading screens. That you get so much currency that you can buy almost anything in the first 2-3 days. Say that the Tomb unlocking challanges are incredible story experiences. Etc.

Then go ahead and watch as his excitement turns into severe disappointment the more he progresses in the game.

Attached: 1533396104566.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

>yet still sold 5mil
DA:I didn't even sell 5 million.

>Me:a literally caused them to abandon the ME franchise
Nobody wanted to continue ME after 3 but the people trying to milk the brand. Once the brand got tarnished they got off the boat as well.

You think EA cares about just 5 mil? If a title doesn't sell as good as FIFA it's trash in their eyes

Andrew Wilson himself said that it was BioWare’s most successful launch at the time.

Anons, do you ever get unreasonably angry when you see people defend shit games? It didn’t bother me for a long time, after all people can like whatever they want and it’s none of my business. But people defending these fucking failures, or retroactively defending games like Dragon Age 2 and ME 3, gives me this burning in my gut. It doesn’t help that so many of these idiots write in exactly the same way. I’m not big on the NPC meme, but goddamn if there isn’t some truth there

DA:I was an extremely successful title and saying otherwise just makes you look ignorant.

I'm beyond anger. Now I cheer for companies like EA to scam retards out if their money.

Good. That's what happens when you Diversity Hire.

>61 metascore
What? Did EA pour all of their money into the marketing but forget to bribe all reviewer as well?

I thought it was a fat dude until I read the title.

>Previous games were so good
>ME2
>ME3
>Good
fixed that for you

Attached: 1550841589522.jpg (640x700, 60K)

We don't know how much Cisquisition sold. We don't know how much any of their modern titles sell because they don't release sales figures.

They didn't forget. They're experimenting with bribing streamers instead.

My friends list is primarily destiny players and most of them are playing anthem right now. Retards will eat up anything.

In the video game world if you're under a 7.5 your game is outright unplayable and not worth the time it takes to turn it on. If you're above a 9.5 you're paid off. If you're in the 8.6 range you're okay but shouldn't be spoken of after a playthrough.

>Day One Bargain Bin

Attached: 1549820790276.jpg (359x456, 13K)

It's a fucking tranny. No kidding. Check twitter of this exhibit A

I like destiny yet hate anthem, ask me anything

Attached: C7Xr01DV4AAVBxW.jpg large.jpg (322x462, 26K)

>5/10
>average

Everyone point and laugh at the American.

sadly, i wouldn't even call the first game good.

they are also the most corrupt in Europe, so sounds legit

it has cool graphics

How did 76 even get 52?

>Megumeme

Attached: Megumin Dab.png (540x600, 174K)

They said the same thing, brainlet.

Tons of bugs, lack of polish, dumb gameplay choices (The hub especially), and there's just nothing to do at all besides grind your ass off. It makes Destiny (The original one) look like a work of art by comparison.

>last thread some user was claiming that Dragon Age 2 got mostly midling reviews
>I replied with No, it got mostly positive dicksucking praise, which was the problem
>he called me an EA shill
Anthem flopping is making some people legitimately retarded.

Attached: 1523501085998.png (598x796, 259K)

>Please take it! Please!

Anthem is the embodiement of the fucked up attitude of publishers these days. Theyre selling promises of what the game is going to be, not finished games

Attached: 1493119503805.gif (458x438, 103K)

Seeing this shit makes me so happy.
I still remember those idiots when Anthem was first revealed saying "oh, so this is why andromeda was shit".

I think its more that this game had ungodly hype that majority of youtubers were genuinely excited for. Even YOOOOOOOOOONGYEEEEEAAAAAAA was pussy footing around when criticizing this game and we know for a fact that he doesn't get shit from EA. The "I'm just being honest" criticism are just the genuine thoughts of people who fully expected to love the game from what I can tell. People miss old bioware, dude.

they look like racist Asian caricatures, Is bioware secretly "our guys?"

I like how people are trying to defend this shitpile after the fact, years after everyone else has forgotten. This kind of thing will happen with Anthem and 76 too, years from now some asshole will say the hate was overblown and they were good games, while everyone who knows better will have moved on or be too burned out to argue

Yuck, what the fuck.

Attached: 1544287752504.jpg (626x1028, 104K)

MAYBE I'M BLIND

You have no idea how business works.

Retard.

I FUCK-A YOUR MAMA!

Explain

Yes, it's obviously all going according to EA's keikaku.

already on its way to the grave on release day

Attached: kek.png (1128x1153, 1.04M)

I swear the people who defend this game might have brain damage. Their latest defense is, just play it bro, it will get good one day

Anthem? More like

AHAHAHAHAHNthem

They'll go back after like two weeks at most.

Post your D E V I L I S H face if you root for EA to finally axe the abonimation Bioware has become
alternatively:
Post yfw you didn't give money for this trashfire

Attached: 1528164846899.jpg (558x640, 118K)

Attached: MFW.jpg (198x424, 45K)

>key websites
Games are always a good 20-30 bucks cheaper there at least. You can find Metro Exodus for about the same price.

Attached: 1404755671053.png (581x692, 295K)

I don't root for EA to axe any developers. We lost too many souls to EA already. This is mfw I didn't give money to Anthem though. Not that I ever planned to, I don't like looter games.

Attached: TopMeOff.jpg (506x425, 34K)

Are you also a cute trap?