What is the best musou game to play for someone who hasn't touched any before?

What is the best musou game to play for someone who hasn't touched any before?
I need a cathartic game that just lets me plow through enemies, seemed like these would be up my alley. I have a PC, Switch, and PS3 if that matters.

Attached: 510132-warriors-orochi-4-cover.jpg (720x1080, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_29yV7JSXD0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Currently you pretty much posted it.

:^)

Attached: FEW.png (640x480, 538K)

Hyrule Warriors or Pirate Warriors 3

orochi 4 plays really well, but it's severely lacking in content.

If you're in to Zelda, Fire Emblem or One Piece, play their Warriors game in order of preference.
All three are pretty recent. HW and OPW have large, varied character pools.
FEW is my favourite and is usually considered the best mechanically but the characters can be too similar (hope you love sword users) and there's a big lull between silver and unique weapons that usually puts me off the game but that's well in to side content after the story.

Like 20 hrs?

on PS3 you can have Dynasty Warriors 8 XL and Ultimate Warriors Orochi 3, they're the best thing so far

Dynasty Warriors 8: Complete Edition or Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate.

Don't listen to people saying Warriors Orochi 4, it's a lazy cash grab to make up for the failure of Dynasty Warriors 9.

Attached: DYNASTY WARRIORS 8_ Xtreme Legends Complete Edition_20170923035247.jpg (1920x1080, 209K)

Even with the huge amount of characters it apparently has? Large casts seems appealing to me, especially with this type of game.

The LoZ one def looks good, I might check it out.

Is Samurai Warriors 4 (2?) as bad as people say on PC?

You know what amazes me about Warriors in general?
The voices went from Bad (good) to Improving to Good then somehow went to Bad (bad). How do you fuck this up that badly. You had Bad (good) back in Dynasty Warriors 3/4 made into an artform, if you have to have bad voice acting, why not make it enjoyably bad?

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is great.
Haven't got to Orochi 4 yet, but it has worse roster and less modes.
Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is also good, but it's literally Dragon Quest with musou combat.
Dynasty Warriors 8 is also pretty great.
Don't touch Samurai Warriors. Those are stereotipycal braindead button mashers.

Attached: lzii6Uu.png (1280x720, 872K)

Definitive HW on Switch really can't go wrong if you're in to these kinds of games and don't get tired of their repetitive aspects. It's all around solid and has a LOT of side content in the adventure maps.

>Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is also good
youtube.com/watch?v=_29yV7JSXD0
Looks much to be desired.

>peak musou gameplay
>literal dogshit everything else
how did they fuck up this bad

What makes WO not a button masher? It is a musou after all

Dynasty Warriors 3

What do people mean when they say Warriors Orochi 4 has no content?
I'm currently playing it through and I'm having tons of fun with it. Maps are large and generally feel great, very large amount of enemies and officers on the map at the same time to plow through. 170 fucking characters, I feel like a lifetime isn't enough to even try all of them out, and so far all of them seems to have unique movesets.
I'm really happy with it.

I tried looking into Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate before that, and honestly it looked like ass. The only thing I'm interested from it is the DOA characters, which is a shame 4 didn't have but oh well.

The worst part is how shit the Dynasty Warriors characters are compared to the Samurai Warriors characters

DW 7/8
WO4
OPPW 3
SW4

/thread

Agree but I personally would also add Fire Emblem Warriors and Hyrule Warriors to the list, those are very solid games too.

SW just throws short term missions at you as you one at a time. So all you do is follow the dot on the map. In WO/DW you are given multiple missions from the start, and have to plan your actions on where to go, and what do first. Your actions might change the flow of battle significantly. It's not super strategic or anything, but it's something.

7 would be perfect to recommend to new players if it wasn't for the terrible jin story where you just kill jiang wei, ding feng, lianshi and guan suo fifty times

Disagree.
Fuck SW
WO3 instead of 4
the other two are alright.

Are you this autist?

well, once you finish the campaign (which is very short for a musou), there's not much else to do apart from replay it again. since literally no one bothers with the multiplayer mode.

no other modes (unless they put challenge modes in as DLC) no town to build up. characters boost their levels and affinity on their own in the background.

This game

Attached: 256px-Dynasty4.jpg (256x360, 31K)

Hmm, that kinda sucks. FEW only really began for me once I finished the campaign and started clearing History Mode maps. Disappointing that there is no similar mode.
Maybe they will release an ultimate version with it added in a couple of years.

I played 4Hyper so much on PC. it was perfect

So the consensus is... no consensus.

Warriors Orochi 1

Actually the worst part is seeing that the DW team were actually on the right track with the later characters weapons all having unique features that no other weapons had. The bench's counters, the twin fans letting you use charge moves three times in the air, Ding Feng's extra attacks if you timed it right etc. Then that all went down the drain with 9.

SW4 and SW4:Empires. Ezpz

Are the Gundam Warriors games good?

Dynasty Warriors 8 XL is a phenomenal game.

Yes, generally they are. DW Gundam 3 is definitely the weakest, but it is still enjoyable.
Never tried Reborn, but it seems better than 3 at least. 2 is my favorite.
The only real problem is that you can't play any of those games on a current gen system. I wish they made a new one or re-released one of them on current gen.

this. Also add in DW8 and you'll have a bunch to do to keep you busy

I still think Hyrule Warriors is the best one, and I don't particularly care for Zelda fanwank (except Midna).

>Don't give a flying fuck about most jap games unless they were made by capcom or Kojima

>Spend most Musou games trying to find ecchi content instead.

After Jump Force being a fiasco. I kinda want Koei to make a Jump Musou with a roster befitting of a celebration of 50 years.

Warriors Orochi 4 is easily one of the best Musou games gameplay wise, but god if it needs an ultimate versión badly, there is only 50 Story mode stages and 20 sidequest ones and after that it's over.

I still think DW5: Empires is the best game.

You mean DW5:XL. Nothing beats that Destiny mode for me.

I mean Empires.

>mfw I’m the only one I know that actually enjoyed the Berserk Musou game.

I just wish it had more characters to choose from and couch coop. Such wasted potential.

Attached: 56CD19D2-9DFF-4919-A76B-2942FBD38798.jpg (1900x1003, 893K)