Explain

>people criticize the game by claiming the only weapon you get is a katana
>there is gameplay footage showing Sekiro using a large spear
youtu.be/cw6jGD4UczE?list=PLoAFmgzYW18I4tfSj1V_48nLaToA8AVrX&t=227

Attached: Sekiro-ds1-1340x1340.jpg (800x478, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EbiqsI__m7w
youtube.com/watch?v=k95b29ip4HU
youtube.com/watch?v=X4d0h_PhFu8
youtube.com/watch?v=YDo_HW-uH2I
youtube.com/watch?v=95ZoqwQi4wk
youtube.com/watch?v=jAuIY58nv_k
youtube.com/watch?v=kc8pse0w9nk
youtube.com/watch?v=mIW7Ho4xMa4
youtube.com/watch?v=QPJUQg_U5HY
youtube.com/watch?v=FPPAkD9XyiM&t=30s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's primarily shitposting from Soulsfags upset at the lack of RPG elements and ambiguous storytelling. Also people who are put off by the feudal Japan setting.

>being hyped for a b-team fromsoft game
has Dark Souls 2 taught you nothing? This is even being published by Activision for christs sake.

DaS2 was great and so will be Sekiro

The spear is one of the prosthetic tools. It's more like a harpoon.
The tools basically are different weapons, but... there's always "but", the number of uses of prosthetic tools is limited, unlike the proper primary weapon.
But people complaining about it are mostly nitpicking.
The lack of RPG elements is a serious concern though when it comes to replayability.

Why do people keep saying it's a souls game?

Still, it seems like the whole board is convinced you only use a katana. But in the frame of the vid I linked, he is holding and attacking with a spear.
And it's not like leveling is gone either, they just replaced attributes that scale your damage or health with skill trees that give you new moves and attacks. I think that's a way cooler way of leveling your character, because each talent point you invest gives you something meaningful instead of just numbers.

because From Software makes only Souls games

This is an A-team game, are you dumb? Literally same team that made DeS, DS1 and Bloodborne, and Miyazaki is the sole director of Sekiro.
If you're gonna lie, at least make up something believable like the "only katana" lie that fooled Yea Forums for weeks.

Shibuya, who fucked up DS2 was literally fired from FromSoft for that. Sekiro is a Miyazaki game.

REMINDER NOT TO DISCUSS SEKIRO ON Yea Forums UNTIL YOU BEAT OR PLATINUM IT. DO NOT REPLY TO SOULSFAGS, THE KNIGHT FEARS THE SAMURAI. SOME NINJA WERE SAMURAI IT'S A HISTORIC FACT FUCK OFF. DO NOT RESPOND TO DMC BAIT, WE ARE NOT ENEMIES. NEITHER ARE DEMON SOULS OR BLOODBORNE FANS. GOODNIGHT.

Its retarded shitposters. These types of fags ware making posts about Bloodborne having just 3 weapons and 1 armor set like a week into its release. Just ignore it.

>ONLY ONE CITY
>4 WEAPON TYPES
>SICKDARK
>8 HOURS LONG

It's not strictly a Souls game, but it's not very different. It's like calling Red Dead a GTA game. If RDR is 80% GTA, Sekiro is 70% Dark Souls.

the same reason they consider Bloodborne a souls game
it uses the same engine and I assume will have similar controls, no matter how much they alter things it just ends up feeling like another Souls game, but that's just some outsiders point of view, so don't take it as anything

How many days should it take me to platinum it to qualify to post?

What lack of RPG elements. They've said time and again, that you have three skill trees that you level up with XP you get from killing enemies. And you can't fully complete all trees in NG, which means that you can make completely different kinds of builds on each playthrough.

Bloodborne is a soulslike to the bone though, even the UI is the same
This game wont have levels or the "carry souls/echoes/amrita" gimmick either

>arguing over a game that's not even out yet

>30 seconds later in the timestamp
>"Your using the katana the whole way through."
who do I believe

Attached: 1541727009027.png (947x700, 962K)

>sickdark
I remember that, butthurt shitposters

I was concerned with the apparently katana only gameplay and like to think I'm neither a soulsfag or a shitposter.
The part of the video you linked shows what we already know: the katana is always there. The "spear" is an attachment on the prosthetic arm thingy and that's where the variety will come from maybe. Watch the video at 0.25 speed. It retracts back into the arm and then he uses the katana to slash.

Will you be able to do more than just one canned move with your prosthetic of choice? Who knows. I'll find out on day 1 when I watch a stream to see if I'll buy it. But your primary weapon is always the katana from the little I've seen of the game.

Attached: video games.png (938x543, 633K)

I choose to believe my eyes, and I see Sekiro swinging a spear in the timestamp. Also in the original E3 trailer he is shown attacking with an axe.
Yeah, these are special attacks, and the sword will be your basic attacks, but still this means that a probably very large amount of secondary weapons for special attacks exist in the game.

To clarify this: I meant the lack of considerably different builds to warrant another playthoguh.
They said that in Sekiro they designed the combat and boss encounters throughout the game around the tools available to the player at that time in the story.
That's a good thing to have on the first playthrough, because it forces the player to utilize all their arsenal of ninjutsu tools and tricks. But its a bad thing for replayability, because every playthrough will be the same.

True, but I'd say it is already very obvious by now that it will have insane variety in combat gameplay due to the three talent trees system. The fact that they even told us that there are 3 talent trees means these three specialize in different methods of fighting. One is probably ninjutsu, the other samurai swordsmanship and the third something else. And you'll be able to mix and match them as you like to create a unique build of your liking, and then do a completely different build on your next playthrough.

butthurt pvpers and lorefags upset they won't get any youtube views for another 3-4 years until the next "souls" lets them do epic pvp videos and reading reddit/Yea Forums post loredumps

I think the Axe has like a two-hit combo at the very least, if you hit the corresponding prosthetic tool button twice. So they're not entirely reduced to a single gimmick button functions. Although I dunno if the Spear can used to combo attack more than once.

I like the sound of that then. I'm in kind of a bind about Sekiro. I don't want to get dark souls 2'd again by buying on release, but I don't want to do too much research beforehand that my first playthrough isn't totally blind.

Well I don't know how they could have forced it that way for all bosses throughout the whole game, maybe in the early game. But as they said, after a while the game opens up and you can freely choose what order you want to complete the game world in from the hub area, that it'll be like DS1's Firelink with tons of branching paths to choose from.
Which means only some paths bosses will be tailored to your strength at that point in the campaign, while others will be harder (like in DS1, you could go Taurus Demon first, or you could go Pinwheel, Sif, Quelaag, Moonlight Butterfly, Gargoyles, Capra or other much harder bosses for your FIRST boss in the game).

I genuinely think it will have just as much replayability than DS1. I liked doing that kind of stuff on my subsequent playthroughs, going for harder routes and bosses right off the start.

>from Soulsfags
how do you know this? I'm certain that most soulsborne fans are hyped for sekiro. it's either falseflagging or pvp-only fags

Katana is fun to use anyway if its like Nioh or Dark Souls. Still hyped as fuck.

>I don't want to get dark souls 2'd again by buying on release
I dunno about you, but most of my disappointment from DS2 came from my exceedingly high expectations of it. I still enjoyed the game for what it was though.
Now I have a better understanding of what Sekiro is, and more realistic expectations.

I don't see how we could get "Dark Souls 2'd" by a Miyazaki game. Keep in mind that the person who was in charge of making DS2, Shibuya was an inexperienced director, and that he was punished for his failures with DS2 (they implied he was fired) and sure enough his name has not been in the credits of any other game than DS2.
That man was the reason DS2 was downgraded so hard before release. With him gone, there is no fear.

I'm pretty sure that's the main point why he can switch his arm around
I thought it was blatantly clear from the E3 trailer that it's a secondary attack of sorts

The only weapon you get may be a katana, but you also get a long list of sub-weapons you can use to aid you in battle and spice up the combat. That spear is one of them. But there's also the shurikens, the axe, the "umbrella shield", the flamethrower, and so on. I don't know why morons think having only one main weapon will be a bad thing. Nero in Devil May Cry 5 only has one weapon, and yet because of his numerous Devil Breaker and pistol side weapons, his gameplay is far from repetitive. Who knows if Sekiro's skill tree for his sword adds new moves when you put upgrade points into them? Soulsfags seriously lack imagination. If there's no 100 reskinned weapons like in Dark Souls 3, then it's bad.

Our exceptations were high because Bamco literally marketed the game with pre-downgrade videos and images even AFTER the games release.

Yeah I see that now, I didn't think the prosthetic arm would be able to fit a giant spear inside it. But it's basically like trick weapons from BB then.
Still, I think depending on the build you go for, you'll have completely different movesets on your katana.

>But as they said, after a while the game opens up and you can freely choose what order you want to complete the game world in from the hub area
Yeah. Most likely by that time you get access to all of your essential tools, and can progress further in any order. But that also means you'll only get minor up/side-grades for the tools from there on.
>while others will be harder
That'll be more or less entirely subjective in Sekiro. Because there's no health/damage/armor inflation for either the player or the enemies going on from one boss fight to the next.
Actually, wait, didn't they say something about collectibles increasing your health gauge at some point? So maybe not entirely subjective.

I fucking hated playing as Nero

Nah, I'm not talking about something as trivial as graphics downgrades. Or anything that'd been shown in the promo materials.
My expectations stemmed almost exclusively from my experience with the first game.

I think that is exactly what the skill trees in Sekiro will do. Since the game has no attribute points, the tree can't be things like "+10 STR" or whatever. You will unlock actual new moves from the trees, kind of like in Bayonetta or some other hack n slash games.

Well yeah, obviously that too. DS1 and DeS were far superior to DS2 and I expected something on the similar level MINIMUM.
But the graphical downgrades weren't just textures or lighting, it went as far as removing detail from the world. Like paintings from the walls or items from the rooms were removed so much, that in the end product most rooms in all of DS2 are just empty boxes. It looks like a videogame world and not a believable world that people used to live in.
Look at any other Soulsborne game and the attention to detail in every environment makes it seem like the rooms were actually used for something before everything went to shit.

The fucking primal bonfire rooms still look like something I'd whip up in the Duke 3D editor

They literally already confirmed that. One example mentioned in a video was the player character getting a follow-up move immediately after throwing a shuriken. By the time you upgrade all your skill trees, you will have tons of extra offensive options available to you that weren't available in the base character just like your standard character action game.

Shitposters are just being fearmongers to get (you)s.

It's be really cool if Sekiro had those customizable attack combos like in the classic action games, like "ligh-heavy-light-pasuse-heavy". But it seems less likely than the fixed moveset approach like in Souls. With the skill points unlocking special attacks with their own animation, which are activated by a single input, rather than a combined string of attacks.

I'm pretty sure Sekiro has a health bar, the UI just probably hides it until you take damage or something so as to not clutter the screen.
Also, in these GameInformer videos I was watching, clips that showed devs testing the game around in the FromSoft offices, there were HP bars above enemies heads. Which means they all do have hidden health counters, they just make the HP bars invisible in the final product. Each enemy still has a specific amount of hits they can take before dying.

it can't be +10 STR but it can be +10% damage
hopefully from is not that dumb

S E K I N O

Attached: 1535279226147.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

Lorefags are ok, From confirmed a similar fragmented storytelling

PvPautists are indeed mad but they can get fucked

Yeah, obviously there are health bars. Not just stance and executions.
I was talking about your health bar upgrades. Like heart containers in Zelda etc. I think GI mentioned that as well in their videos at some point.

>from can never make another video game again without soulsfags complaining it isn’t exactly like dark souls

Soulsfags are literally the worst thing to happen to gaming

What am I supposed to be looking at here?

I'm not a fan of this narrative that you MUST have hard RPG elements and builds in order for a game to be replayable - is it all teenagers who never played games before the mid 2000s?

your mom haha gottem

Nice. I'm still in the process of watching the GameInformer series of videos so haven't seen everything yet.
But that's a way cooler way of leveling your character than attributes in my opinion. Soulsborne leveling is literally the most simplistic way you can have an RPG leveling mechanic in a game, 1 level up is just 1 attribute point, that gives you some numbers to your damage or health. Not very exciting.
Using XP to give yourself new attack animations, new kinds of dodges or parries, that is fucking sick.

>2% chance to deal +5% poison damage when attacking from behind with a charged strong attack while in critical HP
sounds like Nioh

At least based on the gameplay footage, I would say Sekiro combat is heavily focused on attack strings/combos.
Hopefully not. I mean it could be a combination of new attacks and modifiers. Like say, you have to take three levels of "25% critical strike damage" and then you get one big talent node that gives you a new critical attack move or something.

>tfw sekiro will have groundbreaking exciting gameplay the likes which we have never seen but reviewers will still only give it a 92 at most

Attached: 685921408.jpg (263x192, 8K)

I really hope the final game adds blood effects to regular slashes. I'm watching some videos of the player killing the giant fat dude with the sword and notice that all slashes that aren't the critical blows don't lead to any blood splatters. That just looks weird. I get that they're not meant to be damaging, but they should at least lead to SOME blood for good hit feedback.

Good hitboxes. Enemy's attack missed Sekiro because his animation made him duck in the previous frame.

It's really sad honestly, and it's just Dark Souls fags specifically, these people haven't even played Demon's Souls which is pure kino.

Luckily I've played the game, and it runs perfectly fine on an xbone with the graphics in the trailer. The game is extremely fluid too, doesn't feel anything like BB or DS. Your character runs like fucking sonic and animations are beautiful.

It will lose score because journos won't be able to complete it as usual

Demon Souls fags are the most obnoxious of souls fags

And yes I played Demon Souls. It's cool but way overrated and no one think you're cool for rabking it higher than you damn well know it belongs

Dark Souls will go the same way of MGS where they hate on based Miyazaki for daring to defy the expectations.. You already see it people saying he's "arrogant" and other shit because he isn't making another souls games like some fans may want.

This desu. I'm a fan of all the games (I still think DS2 was shit as a part of the series though, similar to what MGSV is to MGS), and the way people put up DeS on some pedestal is nuts to me, it's a great game but it's really just because you played it first. I played DS1 first and that was an entirely new experience of game for me, and if I'd played DeS first I imagine I'd have got that feeling from it instead of DS1. My personal rating is BB > DS1 > DeS > DS2, and I think Sekiro will be either above DeS or above DS1.

I'm not sure how some people are completely incapable of separating Sekiro from souls though.

lol, but that's wrong.
It isn't overrated at all, literally like 1% of people who are "Souls fans" have even played it dude. And I'm ranking it higher than DS 1-3 becaus that is where it belongs, it's their second best game after Bloodborne.

Huge Soulsborne fan here: can confirm. I'm hyped af.

this game has shit gameplay compared to real action games like dmc and ninja gaiden and bayonetta. No launcher, no juggle combos, no air combos, and extremely limited ground combos. It sucks ass. Enjoy using the same 3 attacks the entire game LOL

what exciting gameplay? dmc v combat shits all over this garbage.

It clearly has a very large variety of combos you can do. And it's not supposed to be a button masher like DMC, you'll get your shit pushed in if you mash buttons in Sekiro because the enemies will parry you.
It's a completely new genre of action game that no one else has yet done before, the fact that someone could complain about innovation of this level is baffling.

>literally the same complaints for bloodborne being used right now

yeah its a real shame nobody liked bloodborne huh

Yeah there was no large variety of combos shown in any vid so far, stop lying. And DMC is not a fucking button masher, it takes tons of skill to play properly and get high style ranks.

And I'm pretty sure it is by virtue of being the least-played than hipsters rank it as "secretly the best souls game"

Its not, though

I didn't see anyone call Sekiro "sickdark" yet at least.

Weebshit is the sickdark equivalent

You didn't watch the videos then, because there's been a pretty nice amount of variable combos shown, and they have only shown early game so far.
DMC is 100% a button masher, as you can complete every DMC game by blindly mashing buttons. You can not do that in Sekiro.
No, it's because it's actually better than DS1-3. Objectively.

The third is the prosthetic arm

the spear is $50 DLC.

How have you guys played the game already?

It has objectively simplistic, shit bosses, and loses point by being a bunch of separate levels instead of a sprawling world

Feel freee to retort with a meme argument about "muh atmosphere" or "muh soul"

There's like an hour of gameplay footage dude. Don't need to play it myself to see how it clearly has insane combo variety.

This game does look pretty sickdark I won't die, with all the overly creepy japanese shit and the weird oversized mutant samurai and demons. That nun literally uses black darkness and fog when she fights. That's sickdark. Also all the excessive blood and gore.

I'm neither of those guys but I played it at gamescom. I don't remember there being a huge number of combos, I only got to play for like 30 mins but it felt pretty great.

>DMC is 100% a button masher, as you can complete every DMC game by blindly mashing buttons. You can not do that in Sekiro.

Now try completeing the games on DMD by mashing buttons. Good luck with that. meanwhile this sekiro will be like every other souls game, abusing busted invincible rolls and fucked up hitboxes.

Atmosphere is not a meme argument, it's a huge part of a games value.
You honestly sound like an idiot.
Most bosses in DeS are great and the level design is fantastic despite the 5 worlds being separate instances.
You don't even have any valid argument against it, like there is no universal law that says a singular open world is somehow superior design than separate stages.

Difference is trolls lied and said BB only had 5 weapons when vanilla had 15. Meanwhile Sekiro has ONE weapon and a few offhand tools.

There's no way I'm gonna get 1000 hours out of this game like I did with BB and it's very unique weapons and transformation combos.

How do you think lying will get you anywhere? It's already known that Sekiro has no i-frames in the backstep. There isn't even a roll in the game.
The hitboxes have also been shown to be amazing, far better than in a game like DMC.
And Sekiro isn't even a Souls game, what the fuck are you on about idiot.

I'd say it's pretty tasteful not too much not too little.

>Meanwhile Sekiro has ONE weapon and a few offhand tools.
Few? There could be 50 offhand weapons and tools, where are you getting this "few" from? Why lie?
And Sekiro isn't a Souls game like Bloodborne was, why would having just one primary weapon be a bad thing. There are tons of fantastic games where you only have one main weapon.
Besides the leveling system in Sekiro will obviously be about unlocking new combos, which will customize your combat playstyle into entirely different builds on different playthroughs.

"Atmosphere" or "Soul" are meme arguments made vy shitposters or people than don't know how to defend an idea. I can easily say "muh atmosphere" about any game, it's a hollow meaningless argument

The boss design is subjective, but as far as moves are concerned most of them are simpler than the average mob of DS3. They simply have not aged well

Level design is good but so is the level design on the Souls series, and Demon Souls is not a particular standout on that regard

Stop overhyping the game just because you played it first or you feel good by being an hipster subhuman

One third of the talent trees are around the prosthetics so they're likely to be more functional than what they've already spoiled.

>no i-frames
>no roll

this game is gonna be fucking dogshit

No, you're talking out of your ass. Literally what YOU are saying is a hollow meaningless argument. Of course atmosphere is a real thing. DeS objectively has stronger atmosphere to the world than DS1, which atmosphere greatly suffers from the bad, unfinished endgame areas.
And there's definitely no castle/ramparts zone in any of the other games with level design as good as the Boletaria world in DeS. Or how about how Blighttown and the other swamp variants in Dark Souls games suck compared to Valley of Defilement level design?
Come on now.
No one is "overhyping" the game, DeS is just objectively overall a better game than DS1-3.

Why must a game purchase be based on whether you can get 1000 hours out of it? You can get 1000 hours out of FO76.

>Sprawling world
This is a meme. Sure, everything was connected in DS1, but the level design made no sense. Tomb of Giants, Ashen Lake and Lost Izalith are separated by a couple of high walls and it looks like shit. Sure, it's not as obvious as in DS2, but it's still there.

Yeah, Bloodborne sure was fucking dogshit because it had no roll, right?
And no one said Sekiro has no i-frames, I said it doesn't have them in the backstep.
I can't imagine being as retarded as you.

Yeah you actually have to dodge the swords. With the tight hitboxes it should be pretty interesting.

I mean to be honest, the world design and composition of the areas made perfect sense in DS1. It made zero sense in DS2 or 3. How are you getting these things confused? DS2 literally uses impossible space, like a volcano up in the sky after you take an elevator UP from the top floor of a windmill.
But in DS1 the entire world makes sense. For example, you can see a large metallic dome in the Demon Ruins, with a world tree going through it. That's the Kiln of the First Flame, meaning it's directly below Firelink. So the pit that Frampt is in actually just goes directly downwards. DS1 has god tier design like that all over.

But still the actual separate zones have better design in DeS than in any Dark Souls.

>muh DS2 level design was better than Demon's Souls, you're just subhuman hipsters
>an elevator from the top floor of this building goes up and when you get out of the elevator, you are at the foot of a volcano and there are mountains all around you

Attached: Earthen Peak.jpg (365x500, 33K)

Boss design is not subjective, there are objective qualities in the design of anything.

>Visual, thematic and tonal consistency
>How well boss is designed to challenge you and your ability to use mechanics of the game
>Whether the difficulty is artificial or not
>Its place in the overall flow of the game

How do you quantify atmosphere? Is there a scale? How can it be proved an atmospherr is better than another? You can:t prove shit, it's a meme meaningless argument as expected of DeS nigger

Blighttown has pretty much the same stuff as the Valley. It's smaller but made more interesting by the interconnections with the world. Which is also something, any Souls world feels bigger and more complete than Des sum of maps

Even Miyazaki said DeS is a weaker project, because it is and you're not special for overhyping it

>few weapons BAD
>lots of weapons GOOD

where did this meme come from? Is it the same faggots who want every game to be a 100 hour open world collectathon?

That means the game will be shit, all action games require i-frames to be good

i like demon souls but don't like dark souls because i don't like the 'open world' map and 3d metroidvania type shit

will sekiro be good or will it be more dark souls shit

>he thinks being forced to use a katana for hours and hours is fun and good game design

Nioh had a large variety of weapons. Nioh 2 will shit all over this.

What the fuck are you even talking about? What has BB have to do with DS1's muh interconnectedness?

Spear and Katana are the most fedora weapons, they better have a fedora too.

why don't you look in to it and decide for yourself? it has a hub and is also an open world map, and doesn't feel like souls to play at all, at least mechanically.

who else /all points into prosthetic tree/

Attached: 1541707992768.jpg (389x260, 25K)

Nioh had like 5 originally, didn't it? 2 more via DLC/Patches.

>How do you quantify atmosphere?
All the things combined, the level design, the appearance of the place, the sounds (such as prisoners screams for help echoing in the halls of Tower of Latria, you will never see anything of the sort in any Dark Souls), the music, the lore of the zone.
All of this was far superior objectively in DeS, especially the lore. Dark Souls lore is incredibly bad, it's literally "muh fire, muh ash, muh chosen one, muh fires are fading but they might not fade if you are ash, ebin reddit gold xD".
DeS has an actual lore and story for the world that makes sense and isn't cringe.

>Even Miyazaki said DeS is a weaker project
No he didn't. Now you're just making stuff up. Who am I kidding, you've been doing that all this time.
Miyazaki literally thinks Tower of Latria is a better designed level than any in the whole Dark Souls trilogy, it was so good that it inspired him to make Bloodborne.

Also the boss designs are aesthetically superior in DeS as well, there's no boss in Dark Souls that makes you go wow like Tower Knight did. The entire soundtrack was far better in DeS than in any Dark Souls game as well, no one remembers any other track from the entire trilogy other than O&S theme because it was the only memorable one, all the other tracks sound exactly the same. Yet it is so easy to remember most DeS themes because they are all so unique.

It's actually you who is overhyping Dark Souls, since objectively they are inferior to DeS, the superior game.

well it is 5 times as many as 1

>Sekiro
>DMC5
>New Bayonetta in the works

Is this the best timeline for action fans?

Nioh had 5 weapons dude, what are you on about. And every one of them was pretty lame to use except the Kusarigama. Nioh 2 won't shit on anything, rather, it will be shit just like Nioh.
What the fuck are YOU on about? That post was very clearly replying to someone saying Sekiro will be shit because it has no roll. To which I said, "just like Bloodborne was shit because it had no roll?".

I really fucking hate the rolling

such a stupid gameplay mechanic

Better to have 1 weapon with a large variety of attacks and builds you can make for it, than to have 5 weapons with a few moves.

ah so it's budget nioh

got it..

>open world

it's shit guys, move along now. Nioh is coming.

Yeah sure is fedora to use a spear or a katana in an era in Japanese history where they literally used those weapons.

>No Fashion Twice
I'm surprised how much this might be a no buy for me just on this reason alone, when we've been spoiled so hard in the past.

Attached: 1ce16537a9bbdb9d36614714c9b8e535.png (606x844, 439K)

dont forget that demon souls has the best girl as well

Attached: maiden-in-black-large.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

The only thing i hate is having to play that dude, it sucked in nioh too.

Budget Nioh? When Nioh was budget Dark Souls wannabe and utterly failed at it?
Already from the gameplay footage we can tell Sekiro has a million times superior gameplay than Team Ninja could ever produce.
It's not open world, it's Metroidvania style world design.

rolling is the most realistic way to dodge an attack

yeah prove this katana has a large variety of attacks, the video I saw was the same few moves over and over

no, it doesn't play like nioh in the slightest.

Yeah it is considering katanas were the worst weapons in Japanese history. Samurai didn't even use that shit that's how much they sucked ass, brittle pos swords overrated by fucking weebs thinking they can cut through dimensions and shit lol

At least it's an original character in Sekiro, unlike Nioh just picking a few dozen historical people and giving them Pokemons.

Nioh has pretty varied and robust skill trees for each weapon

Metroidvania IS open world...

Yeah, Nioh has actual fast paced combat and movement, Sekiro is slow as shit and attacks have no impact or weight. Also the blood loo

The blood looks goofy as shit, since it's orange for some fucking reason and looks like vomit spraying from enemies

I've played Sekiro you dolt, after coming out of the booth I thought you ran too fucking fast. You run like fucking sonic, and deflecting and attacking does have impact.

It's already been proven, watch more videos.
I know they were weak, but you called spears "fedora", when samurai used spears all the time. Literally almost the only weapon they ever used, at least on battlefields. And they did use katanas a fuckton, just not in battlefields because they sucked against armored enemies. Katanas were for cutting down unarmored opponents like civilians, or duels between two dudes in some robes.
So yeah historically Sekiro using a katana against heavily armored enemies isn't realistic, but who cares it's still a Sengoku era setting where it was a popular weapon, even if the context it was used in was different.
And mind you, as we've seen in Sekiro footage, there are lots of monster bosses and enemies. It makes sense to use a katana against some huge yeti looking fucker that has no armor.

Lmao, Nioh skill trees were boring as shit apart from Ninjutsu or the magic tree.
>Metroidvania IS open world...
No it isn't. You don't understand what open world means.
>Sekiro is slow as shit
It very clearly has faster paced combat than Nioh, what are you on about?

>no one remembers any other track from the entire trilogy other than O&S theme because it was the only memorable one
That's why Gundyr, Gael, Friede, Abyss Watchers, Twin Princes, Soul of Cinder, Yhorm, Sif, Artorias, and Gwyn's theme have millions of views on youtube, right? The only game without one track with a million views is DSII.

Why do autistic Niohfags always come and ruin every Sekiro thread? Make a Nioh thread to discuss your scuffed childrens game that no one cares about.

Attached: 031.jpg (492x388, 39K)

I can also easily say Dark Souls has the better atmosphere because there are chain sounds in sen or a chanting when you look at the sky in Ash Lake. You have failed to prove anything. Atmosphere is a meaningless argument. Might as well say Des SOUL Das SOULESS because that's all thr our argument boils down to.

To claim DeS lore is better is to insult Miyazaki himself and say he hasn't progressed as a writer

I don't know if you hold such a aberrant opinion because you are a MatthewMatosis drone or because Des was your first game. Just stop it mang

I didn't say the tracks aren't good. They are all great, they just sound samey as shit. If you didn't go and listen to them on Youtube playlists, it would be impossible to even remember what Dark Souls boss themes sound like because they are so similar to each other.
And DeS boss themes are all very distinct and have entirely different types of music depending on the zone and theme of the boss. Compare something like The Penetrator and Maiden Astraea themes for example.

Nioh has better gameplay, and is more action packed and skilfull. Sekiro is a bootleg Nioh. Miyazaki is ripping Nioh off because he saw how badly it shit all over DS3 and Bloodborne.

youtube.com/watch?v=EbiqsI__m7w

If you can't tell apart nito from gael. You arr tone deaf. Don't blame the game for it

Holy shit you're so butthurt about being BTFO by facts lol.
It's obvious to anyone that Miyazaki has grown as a writer because Bloodborne surpasses DeS and every other games lore he's come up with. This was something I pointed out in literally the first post that triggered your little feels.
Never seen any other video from Matosis than the DS2 critique. Now you're just being pathetic, coming up with ad hominem and strawmans to try and justify your incorrect belief that has been disproven already.
Grow up kid. You got proven wrong, it's not the end of the world.

Most people will agree tha something lke Nito or Ceasless Discharge is way more wow and memorable than literally a knight, but big

you can't ripoff nioh if you don't have ki pulsing, that's the fundamental core of the game

>They are all great, they just sound samey as shit
sounds the same as
youtube.com/watch?v=X4d0h_PhFu8
???

>comparing two different games
Wow, it's almost like each Dark Souls game has a specific theme for the music that all of its tracks follow. How about you compare DS3 themes to DS3 themes, or DS1 to DS1 themes.

You haven't played Sekiro though, have you? It plays nothing like Nioh, what makes you think it does? The bosses are already 10x better in design and we've barely seen any of them, Nioh's designs were very uninspired.

How is he ripping off Nioh? Sekiro literally doesn't have a single mechanic or aspect from Nioh, all of this is innovation of the kind no other devs have done before - yet the gameplay is clearly far better than in Nioh.
You're actually brain damaged if you think Nioh has good gameplay, it became obscure and unwanted so fast exactly because of its awful gameplay and horribly bad world design with no variety in enemies or anything.

To BTFO someone you have to have actual arguments, not plug your ears and shout meaningless arguments like "muh atmosphere" until you convice yourself you won. Thanks for playing

sekiro plays like a worse nioh, like a bad bootleg

>How about you compare DS3 themes to DS3 themes, or DS1 to DS1 themes.
sounds the same as
youtube.com/watch?v=YDo_HW-uH2I
???
youtube.com/watch?v=95ZoqwQi4wk
sounds the same as
youtube.com/watch?v=jAuIY58nv_k
???

You didn't play DeS, did you.
--> DS1 has a different theme than DS3 for the music.

Sister Friede and Gael

That was easy. If you can't tell them apart you are tone deaf. Don't blame the game for it

>Nobunaga is an uninspired design

Get the fuck out.

you're wrong.

Were Niohfags molested or what exactly made you so messed in the head? Any sane person can see Sekiro has better gameplay and better bosses, better everything really.
Don't need to be some kind of oracle to see that.

I did. Tower Knight is not impressive. It's a giant-sized knight, big whoop

if sekiro doesn't have a cute barefoot ninja girl boss it will never surpass nioh

>92 is now a bad score
God fucking damnit I hate video game reviewers.

>To BTFO someone you have to have actual arguments, not plug your ears and shout meaningless arguments like "muh atmosphere" until you convice yourself you won.
That's exactly what you did, little cuck.
What I did was list and explain all the reasons why DeS has far superior atmosphere and a superior world design overall You plugged your ears and shouted, while having zero counter arguments to these facts I pointed out.
Cry more little cuck.

Because Vaati and the "pillars of the Souls community" won't stop shilling it because it's made by Miyazaki, so it might as well be a Souls game.

I liked early Inuyasha with the horror elements - this game gives me the same feel.

This will be a sleeper hit on Yea Forums guaranteed.

Yeah yeah come on see this so we can see how dumb you are:

Sousborne fan here; I'm boycotting this game because there is still too much work to be done on Souls for From to be wasting time and resources with shit no one asked for.

The females in Sekiro are sjw designs. That female monk demon is stupidly tall and barely looks female, and the latest trailer showed some rival villain boss that's basically an old hag. pack it up boys, Activision made Miyazaki go WOKE. Not a single attractive female so far.

>He named one guy who just wears samurai looking metal armor
the corrupted monk and the lady on the strings in the burning building are already tenfold more interesting than anything in Nioh.

>because there is still too much work to be done on Souls
Their contract with Bamco is over so that's not on them. And given what we know about Dark Souls II, and potentially 1 and III, I don't think From are bursting at the seams with want of signing another deal with Bamco.
Based.

Way of the Samurai 3 will always be the best samurai game

Yes? Are you deaf? Those very clearly follow a singular theme within each game. Yet Demon's Souls was the only one that had many different themes for its tracks.
Compare
youtube.com/watch?v=kc8pse0w9nk
youtube.com/watch?v=mIW7Ho4xMa4
youtube.com/watch?v=QPJUQg_U5HY

Completely different sound for each. While the individual DS1 tracks have the same sound, individual DS3 tracks have the same sound. The Dark Souls games each have just one theme that all their tracks follow.

You're being incredibly dishonest by coming up with this false argument of "if you can't tell these two tracks apart" when no one said anything of the sort. No one said they can't be told apart if you listen to them, but that each of the tracks within the game sound so samey that they aren't MEMORABLE.

dark soul 2 and 3 were shit, time to stop making them.

>Not a single attractive female so far.
You some kind of faggot?

Attached: 1528828438977.jpg (4032x3024, 3.4M)

Have you not looked at Sekiro bosses? Far more inspired than "x historical person has superpowers" which was literally every boss in Nioh EXCEPT the frog. The frog was the only, ONLY boss in all of Nioh that was cool design.

If you're really claiming pinweel and seath sound the same you're just being disingenuous.

>that
>attractive

yeah... no.

Attached: 1535293443572.webm (800x446, 2.74M)

>playing through nioh
>its another fucking human boss with perma living weapon
Nobunaga and Yukimura were the only human bosses I liked. The former more because of his design and the way the encounter plays out

Attached: 20190126154020_1.jpg (1920x1080, 476K)

8 foot tall japanese demon women are not sexy, just stop man

>what is the hino enma
>what is the spider
>what is the oni
>what is the yuki onna
>what is the kyuubi no kitsune

Come on man.

Oh, I've been taken for a ride.

Attached: 1541048946555.gif (297x268, 600K)

the animations in this game are so god damn beautiful man. if they keep refining this shit, one day miyazaki is going the release the best video game in existence.

You're the one being disingenuous if you think saying "these tracks all have a similar sound or the same theme" is the same as saying "these tracks sound exactly the same".
Learn some basic English before arguing with anyone, please.

Can you tell me what that theme is?

>rolling is the most realistic way to dodge an attack
hahahaa. Have you ever gotten into a scrap on a night out and then fucking ROLLED to dodge a punch? Come off it.

I honestly just don't care about this game. I'm sick of the same formula. Bloodborne was the peak, and I can't even bring myself to give a shit about this. If it's at a redbox I'll try it

Yeah............. reddit.
But seriously it's supposed to be a nun what do you expect it to look like. And either way you know theres some thicc ass and thighs under there.

ahem

Attached: dark souls PvP.gif (268x200, 1.37M)

>what is the hino enma
It was a flying demon bitch, nothing original. It was like something straight out of an average anime.
I can't even remember any spider or oni boss, they must have been really boring or bad considering I played through Nioh just a few months ago.
>yuki onna
Literally reskin of Hino Enma
>kyuubi no kitsune
Is that the electric large cat? That was actually cool, but not nearly as cool as the frog. And the frog was he only boss that was on the level of Soulsborne boss designs, let's be honest.

You can't either deny that majority of Nioh bosses were literally just men from history that had been given anime powers. Every one of those felt the same.

>he's not attracted to 8 foot tall japanese demon women

You want me to come up with a name for the themes of individual Dark Souls games? Why? What am I a conductor of an orchestra?
It's obvious if you listen that DS1 tracks all fall into the same genre, DS3 tracks into the same genre, etc.
Yet Demon's Souls clearly had separate genres/themes for its tracks. It just has more variety, they took an approach where the theme of the world zone dictated what type of music would play.

>the animations in this game are so god damn beautiful man
dmc v animations are better though

Then show the ass and thighs From. Show the ass and thighs then.

>release the best video game in existence
lol

nice, what i said is still true

Not from what I've seen. Looks like a very average hack n slash. But why are you salty anyway, what does DMC have to do with this Sekiro thread? Go to your DMC thread to talk about it.

She has an oni's face, come on

I see what you're driving at, but I only think that makes those tracks more memorable because of your fond experiences with DeS. I find myself humming the Abyss Watchers' theme randomly. The DaS trilogy has some choice good tracks, and they are bound by a singular soundscape in each game, but that you enjoy DeS' variety doesn't mean there are no memorable tracks in the Dark trilogy.

I just wish from had use a different setting then japan sengoku era.
It one of the most boring settings ever, even nioh suck using it.

True, Miyazaki already did that with Bloodborne.

should have did a yakuza setting

kys shill

People who think that Souls games had "considerably different" builds for new playthroughs are deluding themselves. It was always just min maxing stat points differently. The way you dealt with enemies remained the same at ALL times, no matter how different the fucking movesets were. There are only like 2 or 3 ways in which enemies can react to your attacks in Souls games so none of the so called "variety" or "replay value" that souls fags gush about actually has anything to do with variety in gameplay or approach. This game will have just as much combat variety, and obviously even more than Dark Souls, but souls fanboys will still think that more weapon skins literally translates into more variety for some fucking reason

Nioh sucked at it because Team Ninja are not very good developers. Think we can trust From to do it amazingly well.
We've definitely seen enough medieval fantasy from FromSoft for a long while now.

lol! Bloodborne ranges from pretty great to phenomenal, but let's not get carried away

I don't think you understand that when people discuss build variety it is in reference to PvP, which can differ absolutely wildly on a moment to moment basis depending on what you've min/maxed and what weapons you have, gear, etc.

>BTFO hater cucks with facts
>k-k-kys s-shill ;(
LMFAOOOO

Attached: 18592d8b0ce21502b136450bcf489e247478eec3b30f95c465b5d97950d3237c.png (237x287, 92K)

How many bosse are there?

Exclusively falseflagging. Game is hype, even if it is a new direction. It's not like FromSoft has only ever made soulsborne games.

Yeah, from what we have seen, Sekiro already has more variety in EARLY GAME than Souls games have in the entire playthroughs.
That's your opinion breh, but I can't think of any game I would consider better.
Who cares about Souls PvP? It was literally an afterthought and nothing important in any of them. It was only fun in DeS and DS1 where it was built around fucking with someones progression through the game, but then DS2 and DS3 made it 99% about lame as shit fedora dueling. In none of the games was it ever a complex PvP system at all, it was literally just critical attack fishing.

r/bloodborne has 130k subs
r/darksouls has over 200k
shitty dead r/nioh has 36k
r/sekiro only has 14k.
It's a massive flop. It's the end of From Software.

Attached: dab.gif (554x400, 120K)

Uhh I remember that even months after Bloodborn was released you could not talk about it because it was shitposted to death by the same R1 spamming videos and 5 weapons shitposting.
It took between 6 monts and 1 year for Yea Forums to finally admit it was a good game.

plebs filtered

Attached: 1550591274759.jpg (640x704, 58K)

So name a better game.

Yeah that's totally not because all of those other games are already released and have been played by millions of people.
The fact that no one has even gotten to try Sekiro yet and it already has 50% of Niohs subscribers says a lot. It will be between 100-200k a few months from now.

dont care about reddit but the lack of coop multiplayer is one of the reason casual might still be debating to hype it or ignore it

>Who cares about Souls PvP?
m8, you are not the first to ask the question, you surely will not be the last, but instead of asking the question simply go to youtube and search
>Souls PvP
filter the results to recent. Hundreds of videos every week. That you don't care is fine, but it is not a small community.
>It was literally an afterthought and nothing important in any of them
Aktchually Miyazaki fight through ridicule to get the multiplayer for DeS. They did not think it was worth a damn.
> but then DS2 and DS3 made it 99% about lame as shit fedora dueling.
Rat King Covenant, Belfry Luna, Belfry Sol, Aldrich Faithfuls, and Watchdogs of Farron say hello.
>In none of the games was it ever a complex PvP system at all
I hesitate to use the word complex, but there's a lot of though, again, on a moment to moment basis in PvP because of your gear and your opponent's gear. It's quite fun to decide what will be most efficient, what will throw off your opponent, etc.
>it was literally just critical attack fishing.
This is almost exclusive to Dark Souls 1. Surely you remember that nobody ever liked this shit, right? DSII and III cleaned that up greatly, thankfully.

Attached: Outfucking skilled3.webm (640x360, 2.89M)

Knowing From, all the fancy special moves with the katana will be worthless compared to just mashing attack.

A-team is From + Japan Studio

That's just the same basic skill tree shit every game has now, and there will be obvious best choices destroying any illusion of choice.

we already know you cant mash. enemies can parry you.

Nero also has a huge move list on that one weapon, can wire snatch enemies, and has things like jump cancelling. DMC also actually encourages you to make use of your different options. From games encourage spamming your best move and rolling.

Pic related, the Lady Butterfly, the Mountain Ape, White Snake Sage, General Ashina, General Tenzen Yamauchi, Gyoubu Masataka Oniwa the horse rider, etc.
Also side bosses like the headless and mid level mini bosses

Attached: 1550718012966.jpg (1920x1080, 2.41M)

Nioh had the exact same thing, and I think it worked just fine.

bloodborne is literally the same mechanics, down to the bonfires, character creation, and stamina

sekiro doesn't have any RPG elements, stamina, character creation, etc. it's not a souls game

Thinking combo variety makes a great action game is a brainlet opinion.

Every action game ever made is played optimally by only using 2 or 3 attacks by the way

I see you've never played Bloodborne

I always wondered, but is there any actual gameplay reason in DMC for switching up your moves and not spam aside from trying to change that arbitrary letter in the style meter? or you literally only do it so you see S and see bigger numbers at the end of the level?

I know Miyazaki really wanted multiplayer to be a thing in DeS, I remember reading that interview back before DS1 was even released, iirc.
But what I mean by "afterthought" is that it was a minority of the development focus put into the games, especially everything after DeS. You're making it sound like multiplayer was nearly as big of a thing in Dark Souls games or Bloodborne than it was in DeS. In DeS it was the primary method for manipulating World Tendency, in fact the only way to infinitely manipulate it, offline you would be limited quite a bit in what you can do with WT.
>Rat King Covenant, Belfry Luna, Belfry Sol, Aldrich Faithfuls, and Watchdogs of Farron say hello.
All of those fall into the arranged versus multiplayer, at least compared to Darkwraithing in DS1 which was the only PvP I ever found fun in the Dark Souls trilogy. DS2 and 3 completely ruined Darkwraithing, especially DS2 where it was essentially dead (Red Eye orbs were consumable, limited items that you had to earn through DUELS or by grinding PvE content, and you could no longer interact with the hosts world like closing their shortcuts. Also couldn't use humanities as the invader, literally no way to heal as a red phantom.)
>This is almost exclusive to Dark Souls 1. Surely you remember that nobody ever liked this shit, right? DSII and III cleaned that up greatly, thankfully.
No they didn't. Yeah it was a lot more common in DS1 due to how easy backstabs were, but DS2 and 3 PvP was still simplistic as shit, just R1 and roll spam.

I really enjoyed Darkwraithing in DS1 but they are clearly not going to bring that back because co-op fags cried too much about it.

BB weapons all focus on just a few moves and all of them are worse than the saws anyway. Which you're forced to use for 90% of the game anyway so replayability is really a poor argument when your build is the end point of the game, not something you're actually using throughout the game.

That's not true lmao. A-team is the team that made DeS and Dark Souls 1. Bloodborne was A-team + Japan Studio. Sekiro is A-team again.

of course I have retard, bloodborne even has the same retarded jumping limitations. Have YOU played it?

not a single attractive woman among them either

this game's design brought to you by SJW Productions

Looks more like he just had an invincibility frame to me

>Oh, surely everyone complaining about just 1 weapon is wrong, I must be the first to notice the spear in the trailer :)
Tell us user, how does it feel to be this fucking retarded? You realize its coming out of his prosthetic arm right??? Its a prosthetic tool.
You clearly are painting this as if it was a replacement for the katana...then why not mention the axe that we have seen since the first trailer?
You can still spam it as long as you have enough white spirits, just like the axe(there are people on here thinking its just a 2 hit combo..when in reality you have various moves if you keep using it)
So yeah if that counts as a weapon to you then we do have more than the katana but the former doesnt remplace the later.
Will we have more like this? Probably
Should we get more of this? Yes as long as they add functionality and dont just work as an extra damage output...people dont realize the point of the system is to add new tools, not new weapon skins and hitboxes :)
Also the 'just one weapon' argument id flawed as shit as we will have a pretty extensive variety of katana moves

Nioh was also shallow as fuck. Niohfags jacked off over their complex combat system and on the hardest difficulty actually trying to do anything fancier than running and poking with a few safe hits isn't even viable lmao

what do you people get out of making these shitty falseflag posts?

We already know that is not true, why bother posting if you didn't look into the game.
Yeah, because FromSoft isn't known for innovating and doing things other devs hadn't thought of yet... oh wait.
>From games encourage spamming your best move and rolling.
Why does this Asperger DMC fag keep posting the same disproven lie? This has been already discussed in this thread:
1) You can not roll in Sekiro, only backstep and it has no i-frame. You actually have to dodge the attacks instead of relying on any kind of immunity.
2) You can not spam in Sekiro, every enemy knows how to parry. This entire game is literally designed to punish playing the same way than in Soulsborne games. Are you retarded or something? They've made this very clear in all interviews by now that "you will have a hard time if you try to play this the same way than previous From games".

you get more orbs and that's it
maybe it does something more in tameemc

>All of those fall into the arranged versus multiplayer
But not dueling. Forest PvP in Dark Souls 1, Belfries in II, and Aldrich in III have always been chaotic and my favorite parts of those games.
>literally no way to heal as a red phantom.)
Warmth, but otherwise I understand the gestalt of your grievance with the shaft darkwraiths got in II.
>No they didn't
>but DS2 and 3 PvP was still simplistic as shit, just R1 and roll spam.
m8 I play DSIII every day and I can honestly say you are bad if this is your fully realized opinion on III's PvP. If someone is R1 spamming, punish them with a parry. If someone is rolling, punish them with a roll catch. The fun comes when you get someone who is good at avoiding roll catches or who knows you know how to parry. The fun of baiting a greatsword user into a run attack because he forgot great weapons' running attacks can be parried. The fun of running up to your opponent with an iron round shield, watching his parry go off and then you punish him for doing it too early. The fun of 3v3 in Irithyll.

Your post especially rings hollow given the fact that many areas in III are tailor made for invaders to be a jerk. See: Irithyll Dungeon, Central Irithyll, Farron Keep, Grand Archives, the entirety of Ariandel, and the entirety of The Ringed City.

>stall with safe pokes or you lose
Wow great PvP

>doesn't like grandmas

shit taste

You can get the Saw Spear before any boss
Kirkhammer after just one
Stake Driver and Holy Greatsword right away as well
One more boss and it opens up all the DLC areas and their weapons, as well as the regular ones.
You can literally rush the Tonitrus in 20 minutes.

>Also the 'just one weapon' argument id flawed as shit as we will have a pretty extensive variety of katana moves

Not as much as vergil has in dmc 4 se

Well he didn't, you looked wrong. They very explicitly talked about this in the GameInformer interviews, how it will actually matter what specific evasive moves or attacks you do in order to avoid taking damage, that it won't be at all like in Soulsborne where you just press the dodge button and get magic invincibility for a few frames. In Sekiro you need to actually react with correct actions to specific kinds of attacks.
This is much closer to character action games than to Souls games. It really only has the similarity of using the same game engine than Bloodborne or DS3.

Did you willingly admit you are bad? Why would you do that?

Nioh combat in the end boiled down to using one special move.

>only backstep

good luck dodging attacks that go horizontl from side to side lol

you get plenty of iframes lol
youtube.com/watch?v=FPPAkD9XyiM&t=30s

And this big nigga

Attached: cXvmC99cAKELb5Jr7AP6zb.jpg (1268x713, 480K)

only in way of the nioh because bosses are just bullshit at that point and if your build isn't perfect then you get shit on

So? Having a huge variety of moves won't help with that. You'll still just use a tiny handful of go to attacks.

>2) You can not spam in Sekiro, every enemy knows how to parry.

Giving all enemies the ability to parry is the worst gameplay design imaginable, even worse than the color coded enemies in DmC, holy fuck

good luck doing stylish combos as even basic enemies keep parrying your shit

but character action games have rolls/dodges with i-frames, no iframes means this game is shit lmao

So? Has nothing to do with what I or the person I replied to was saying.

The absolute state of this board
>thinking that a game can be completely developed by two separate studios
>Failing to see that japan studio just helped with 3d pipeline
>Literally everything is an iteration of what from already did before on their own, just better because...experience ;P
So basically this is the same team that made bloodborne what it is, its the first game they put out since then and they took more time with this one...expect greatness
I doubt ill enjoy the setting more than bloodborne but theres no reason not to expect this to even surpass it v/ros

Attached: Dzs-eQkWwA0YWzS.jpg (2048x1152, 150K)

you got to admit it a interesting battle royal.

Attached: Samurai-Trio.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

Attached: DjsDt0sVsAEnXrQ.jpg (1920x1080, 371K)

Kirkhammer and stake driver are trash. Saws and LHB are what 90% of people use for most of the game so thanks for proving my point I guess? All of those cool unique weapons people make builds around aren't available or usable until you've already beaten most of the game. And even then they're a downgrade from the saw/LHB.

great From software doing more SICKDARK shit, again, for fuck sakes could it kill them to not be so fixated on dark themed shit? Miyazaki seems like the type of dude that spends tons of time listening to fucking creepypastas and shit lol

Attached: 1550616691964.jpg (2896x2896, 739K)

Who says Sekiro is about stylish combos? It's about efficiency and using the best move for the situation.

>people criticize the game by claiming the only weapon you get is a katana
Do they? I've though the main complain is being AssCreed reskin with some gimmicks.

It's nice that they got some orange in there but they really need some more colors. Every fucking game From puts out is so fucking drab. And don't use realism as an excuse because there's nothing even remotely realistic about these games.

Attached: DzJ6bGaXQAEHggS.jpg (2048x1152, 345K)

>sjw productions presents

I guess Muslim Kombat 11 wasn't enough huh

>Warmth
Pyromancies required stat investments in DS2.
>If someone is R1 spamming, punish them with a parry.
Yeah, just parry someone in the PvP that has an average ping of 200 dood.
You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm not saying multiplayer isn't fun in Souls, it is, but it really IS simplistic as fuck. It revolves around using like 3 different buttons for fucks sake. It's not a very deep or complex PvP system, you will fight against every single opponent the same way.
>Your post especially rings hollow given the fact that many areas in III are tailor made for invaders to be a jerk. See: Irithyll Dungeon, Central Irithyll, Farron Keep, Grand Archives, the entirety of Ariandel, and the entirety of The Ringed City.
Now compare that with Dickwraithing in DS1 or DeS.
>DeS - the Scraping Spear
Enough said
>DS1
>Anor Londo, you can rotate the hosts staircase, forcing them to walk the rafters in the painting cathedral again while you are wearing an invisibility ring and sniping at them with a Greatbow that makes you fly back 2 meters even if you block the great-arrow
>Sen's Fortress, you can use the countless traps and hazards to kill the host, or use Force or WoG to push the host into pitfalls
>Tomb of Giants, host can't use the lantern or they can't block your attacks. All you need is lock-on and spells.
That's just a few examples but you really could troll way harder than in DS3.

They fucked up Darkwraithin.

fromsoft games are full of dark shit, it's been a theme even before miyazaki

Lol and so?
We'll get as many moves as necessary for the gameplay its not a numbers competition. This is pretty basic game design.
Pittung more stuff in the game doesnt always suppose an additive output, surely you must understand this right?
Also this is a more strategic game than than dmc and will hage god tier level design...see how different gamed can excel at different things? If you want a combo heavy game that makes you feel like a good without putting much thought into it play dmc, its a great game, this is trying something different so it doesnt need to compete in the number of attacks game lol

You know that just using basic attacks will be the best way to wear down posture or whatever and that all the flashy bullshit will be worthless.

If there's one unifying thing about all of From's games it's that the most simple way to play is also always the most efficient, and the flashier something is, the more useless it is.

Why do you keep trying to force bait that no one is falling for?

[citation needed]
Are you unaware that Sekiro has not yet been released and we have only seen a small fraction of the attacks and combos you can do, since you will unlock them through large talent trees, and we've only been shown the first area?

>ie. the game will be about spamming the same few safe moves and ignoring the rest of your movelist

aka SHIT

>look at my blood red katana the color of blood, it's so dark and edgy

From's games are drab because they're sickdark edgelord shit and meant to resemble all the japanese creepypastas miyazaki reads and listens to in his spare time

No i-frames means it requires skill unlike character action games. If that means it's shit to you, then yeah maybe you should keep playing kids games.

Attached: Sekiro_04.jpg (1920x1080, 418K)

>Japan studio
Japan studio was involved as technical supporters, not as designers.

anyone that knows froms history should know that they have quite the eclectic selection of games. I'm hyped for this shit and hope its a proper stealth game as I have that tenchu itch

Backstep in this context means a dash to any direction you want, like in Bloodborne. Not just backwards. And you can also evade attacks by jumping, as there is a jump button now and you can jump even when stationary (whereas in Soulsborne you could only jump from a sprint), and you can duck below horizontal blade attacks.

>ie. the game will be about spamming the same few safe moves and ignoring the rest of your movelist

So is Ninja Gaiden Black and it's the best action game of all time. There's more to a game than how many moves you use.

Why do you keep defending sjw female character designs? I haven't seen a single half naked sexy female shown in this game so far. Wtf is that shit?

Is this unironic?
Actually crying about good design?
Go play Kingdom Hearts 3 fag

no i-frames means when the enemies busted hitboxes become a problem, you wont be able to avoid their attacks effectively

this is a from soft game, so we KNOW the hitboxes will be fucked like all their games

>awray, awray!

They should delay the release, coming out in the same month as DMC5 is suicide.
Looks like From doesn't know their place in the food chain. Big mistake.

Attached: cerby.png (891x733, 1.49M)

Attached: Sekiro_08.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

KH3 does have good design and colors. Sekiro looks like a fucking creepypasta made into a game. What's the plot about, samurai lords running an underground organ harvesting ring? Samurai demon fight club with wealthy nobles betting on the fights as they bang hookers and drink blood?

How are you this fucking stupid?
Why do you do this? This is a serious question, why do you come to Sekiro threads and say shit that doesn't apply to the game? Like, why not look into what the gameplay is like before arguing with anyone? Would it kill you to have that average intellect required of someone before starting an argument?
You can parry parries. You attack, the enemy parries you and ripostes, you can parry that riposte.
The gameplay design is god tier.

>the game will be about spamming the same few safe moves and ignoring the rest of your movelist
Name one action game where this isn't the case.

Attached: DxyDO8KXQAIvn3S.jpg-large.jpg (1024x434, 100K)

DMC5

This comes out the same month as DMC V? Holy fuck are they stupid? Yeah this game is dead then, DMC is gonna murder the fuck out of it. Once people get a taste of that game's combat, Sekiro is gonna seem like dogshit. Also DMC V has a better atmosphere and not edgelord sickdark shit made for edgy weeaboo teens who just saw ninja scroll for the first time.

Why did you post that to me? I know all of that. It's obvious to anyone that isn't a dumbass that From did 99% of Bloodborne, and Japan Studio was there to help with minor stuff. I was just correcting that retard who thought Japan Studio is somehow part of the A-team, even though they had no part in the making of DeS or DS1.

>combat boils down to parrying and riposting each other until someone dies
Wow sounds like god tier gameplay alright lmao

so basically its like soul calibur 2 with people parrying each other's parries nonstop

sounds like ass

Tsushima looks like a fucking moolie

Only if you give a shit about style rank which is only there to create artificial variety.

style rank is the entire reasoning behind the combat system, you can't just ignore it

No, as we already know, in order to not die in Sekiro combat you have to use specific moves as a reaction to specific enemies and specific attacks from them. There is no such thing as one or few safe moves that you can always use.
Why do you lie so much?

enemies can't parry your parries so you just win lol

>this one autist is going full spergrage because his favorite games have shit tier design and aesthetics compared to Sekiro
Oof

>Pyromancies required stat investments in DS2.
I'm vaguely certain it did not, but Simpleton's Spice was readily available and your SL didn't matter since it was based on SM which was more lenient when it came to matchmaking. Like I said, I understand why you didn't like DSII's invading.
>Yeah, just parry someone in the PvP that has an average ping of 200 dood.
Yeah? Like I said, I play every day. This isn't some feat of great dexterity or cunning. It's a video game. If a guy is R1 spamming, punish. This argument was viable three years ago. Continuing to peddle it just tells people who still play you're bad at the game.
>It's not a very deep or complex PvP system
As I said, I hesitate to use the word complex, but deciding what gear and what strategies to use on a moment to moment basis is quite thrilling.
>you will fight against every single opponent the same way.
I don't readily keep my caestus out when facing a greatsword user. I don't use my greatsword against dagger users. etc.
> or use Force or WoG to push the host into pitfalls
This is absolutely not exclusive to Dark Souls 1, but like I said, I see why you dislike later games' lack of proper dicking.

So it's glorified rock paper scissors? That's even worse.

Fuck off already falseflagging SJW cuck, that is literally no ones argument about MK11.
MK9 just objectively had better female character designs than MK11.

sorry my favorite games dont look like a creepypasta posted on reddit lmao

you know that the majority of people are just gonna ignore it right

nah just iframe through everything, this is a fromshit game after all

>KH3 does have good design and colors
Hahahah of course, it really was a KH3fag. I had a feeling.
This is the kind of person that hates on Sekiro in these threads, a literal manchild that plays Kingdom Hearts.

How is it false flagging to point out the Islamification of Mortal Kombat into Muslim Kombat 11? You do know Mr. Wizard and Markman have connections to saudi royals right?

>keep being retarded subhumans and not looking into what the gameplay is like, just keep assuming things
Yea Forums really went down the shitter huh

Who is more of a manchild, the adult who enjoys fun colorful settings and doesn't care about looking grown up, or the edgelord who wishes he were japanese and wants to play out a japanese creepypasta full of gore and death and drab colors? I bet Sekiro has tons of rain and snow too, to hammer in how sickdark it is.

cope

But Dark Souls 2 is literally the best Souls game?

Pyromancies scaled with both INT and FTH in DS2.
And you realize that the whole fact that red eye orbs were rare consumables completely fucked over any Darkwraith because the only reasonable way to gather them was farming the giant boss in the memory, and this led to your Soul Memory getting so fuckhuge with the millions of souls the boss dropped each time, that you would never find anyone genuinely trying to get through the game. You would only Darkwraith invade gank squads who were idling and waiting for PvP.
>Continuing to peddle it just tells people who still play you're bad at the game.
No, the fact that you've played Souls PvP for years says a lot about how delusional you are. You might be one of those people who think Souls PvP should have tournaments at EVO lol.

While I will try out the game. I can't be excited for it because of the setting. I really hope fromsoft will try something more experimental like with Bloodborne.

No, having trouble reading? You REACT to moves opponents make. You don't guess, you look at what they are doing and REACT to it.
R-E-A-C-T. There, good, you managed to read the word. You're learning, little retard.

>Sekiro threads
It's getting almost Bloodborne level of retardation; and it would already have been if it was an exclusive. I just want to play the damn game already.

Your favorite game Kingdom Hearts instead looks like Final Fantasy fan fiction written by a homosexual furry. Yikes.

>or the edgelord who wishes he were japanese and wants to play out a japanese creepypasta full of gore and death and drab colors? I bet Sekiro has tons of rain and snow too, to hammer in how sickdark it is.
Right, because that's totally who plays From games. Not people who enjoy good world design and gameplay. You wouldn't know anything about that since you play kids games.

anyone got some ideas for future sekiro copypastas and falseflags? i've been thinking
>shitting on miyazaki's parry fetish
>saying it rips off nioh
>praising how kino some insignificant detail is

>Pyromancies scaled with both INT and FTH in DS2.
Right, but Warmth healed the same amount no matter what, which I brought up in the first place because you said invaders could not heal.
>No, the fact that you've played Souls PvP for years says a lot about how delusional you are
Because you don't know how to punish, I'm delusional? Why are you so weird about improving bad gameplay?
>God, what do I do about these R1 spammers?
>Try parrying
>No! I don't want to learn how to play the game! You're delusional!
???
>You might be one of those people who think Souls PvP should have tournaments at EVO lol.
Lord, no. As I said, which you seem to be ignoring at this point, I hesitate to call Souls PvP complex. Just the moment to moment thinking thrilling.

>Because you don't know how to punish, I'm delusional? Why are you so weird about improving bad gameplay?
No, because you couldn't figure out I obviously know how to punish, and was actually talking about how simplistic the PvP is. You literally jumped to insults because you couldn't handle someone pointing out how barebones and lacking in complexity it is, and was never of ANY importance to any Souls game apart from Demon's Souls where you actually had a reason to PvP.

>I obviously know how to punish
I'm not so sure at this point, desu.
>and was actually talking about how simplistic the PvP is
This is the crux. I don't know about complex, but it's not overly simplistic as you imply. Your initial point, in fact, was actually asserting that Souls PvP was entirely fishing for critical strikes, when this is mostly limited to Dark 1. Also, like I said, the spanner in the works is when you get a guy as good as you and you have to think a few swings ahead. That's the shit. Especially especially especially in 3v3 Irithyll, which you never liked anyway by your admission since Dark Souls 1's forest PvP. That's some of the most fun testing of spacing, switching up of gear on the fly, etc. All in all this can be boiled down to
>I like darkwraithing, there was no reason to darkwraith after Souls 1
>Yeah but gank fests are the shit
>I just liked darkwraithing
Okay. Guess it's over. Weird conversation, man.

Attached: 20190222015425_1.jpg (1920x1080, 705K)

go settle this at evo soulsbabs

>I'm not so sure at this point, desu.
I played over 700 hours of DS1 PvP alone, I know perfectly well how to parry in PvP. I brought up the terrible latency as another point of how inconsistent parrying or ANY action in Souls PvP is, it's not the kind of PvP you can take seriously at all or act like it isn't completely fucking casual - it is.
>fishing for critical strikes, when this is mostly limited to Dark 1
Riposte is a critical strike too.

You really had zero argument in this whole conversation, I don't see what the point of any of your posts was. I merely stated an objective fact, that Souls PvP was always a very minor side aspect in the games and ultimately of no importance to the games, and you get all emotional over it.

Attached: 1550592798724.png (660x599, 904K)

Attached: 1550724280756.jpg (800x650, 102K)

Attached: 1550800080041.jpg (640x392, 59K)

Are you all retarded ?

Attached: Mille-sabords.jpg (500x500, 33K)

It's just Soul babies finding excuses to shit on the game because it's not a Souls game

the fromsoft fanbase has always been retarded

There is not A nor B studio at Fromsoftware, you retards.

There are games developed under Miyazaki-sama (all revolutionary and pure kino) and games developed without his involvement (derivative cashgrabs)

It's souls-lite.
As in a souls game with 20% of the content.

Is there really going to be no multiplayer or online elements of any kind? Seems like commercial suicide.

just pirate this shit
if you buy your money is going to activision anyway

disagree. Loved everything (even DS2) that they have done with their games and I can't wait to see new stuff they're coming up with.

>die in 2 hits
>enemies are blade sponges
No, thanks.

Can you pirate on a ps4? I don't have one but been thinking about it, mainly for Bloodborne and this.

Good, stay away from our game sausage fingered shitter

Are you retarded? They already said Sekiro is about as long as Souls games, so anywhere between 40-70 hours depending on how fast or slow you are on first playthrough.
It has far more content than the 7 hour button mashers that you play like DMC5.

>taking 40-70 hours to finish a souls game
Are YOU retarded?

Yes there are, retard. DS2 and 3 were literally made by another team than DeS, DS1 and Bloodborne. They were fucking made at the same time and if you looked at the credits you would see the staff is entirely different. Note especially how all the great games from FromSoft were directed by Miyazaki.

What do you mean really? Why would there be multiplayer? Why would there not being multiplayer be commercial suicide? Literally 99.9999% of people that buy From games play them for the PvE content only and never touch co-op or PvP even once.

Not him but that's pretty normal.

Attached: 1438996238480.jpg.be28c11e9890428e22f4e5c19fae5579.jpg (894x772, 60K)

Can you upgrade the amount of folds the katana has?

No but you clearly are. You obviously rushed through them, not finding even half the secrets.
If you do a "completionist" playthrough on first time, it will at least take around 40 hours in any of the three Dark Souls games.

M-Maybe after Sekiro, we can get a new Armored Core right guys?

i think i'd prefer learning to parry or counter rather than rolling or cartwheeling like a lunatic

It's going to be an action rpg with multiplayer elements. If you're lucky armored core after that but I doubt it.

Most people don't find mechas interesting. It's a very niche target audience for games like that.

>being this mad because you got twinked once

I hope i dont see another abe with tanuke stand like in nior. That faggot just show himself random in akward places.