People shit on RE6, but it's moments like this that made it a great game

People shit on RE6, but it's moments like this that made it a great game
youtu.be/MCP7ro5_5N4

Attached: 20190219230221_1.jpg (1920x1080, 305K)

RE6 deserves to be shit on, it is a game so bad that RE7 is actually less terrible than it is. It's an awful game.

But everything has a silver lining, you're right. The moving/shooting gameplay was a welcome addition, Mercenaries mode was fantastic, Chris' toned down bulk was much more appealing (and imo the best version of Chris to date) than RE5 Chris, and yes Jake and Sherry's dynamic was superb. It was exhilarating to see them begin to hand off the torch to the newbies and begin phasing out the old guard. Jake was a little too . . . 'anime' for my tastes, but his dynamic with Sherry was superb, and Sherry was great to see aged up and back in an RE game.

That being said, RE6 deserves to be shit on, it was not good.

But it's good for all the reasons you just said

The issue is that the game has too many flaws to qualify as great. The game has a LOT to offer but at the same time there are just as many drawbacks. I still play it and enjoy the shit out of it, but I won't deny its flaws

I pirated 6, started Leon's campaign
I did nothing but QTEs for 10 minutes, uninstalled and never looked back

The first chapter of Leon's campaign is the worst part of the game

So when is this burning question getting an answer?

Attached: 1522437934398.jpg (1500x1352, 207K)

I only played Leon / girl and Sherry/ Jake and I really like Jake's campaign. I think it was the best mix.

>a great game
sure
>a Resident Evil game
hell no

I had way more fun playing RE6 co-op than playing RE7. Sometimes being a "better" game means jack shit. RE7's combat was downright annoying.

>Leon/girl
I take it you didn't like Helena?

Attached: leon.jpg (480x360, 10K)

I just don't remember her or her name

Its good for other game, but not an RE games

how thick do you think jake's dick is? do you think sherry had an immediate orgasm the moment he inserted the tip inside her?

Tbh the only memorable part of Helena was her ass.

Now her sister on the other hand....she will forever be known as THAT first RE monster

Attached: 1550353069328.gif (200x272, 2.96M)

If Wesker could make a woman want to ruin the world just to ride that dick every day, then his son should be on the same level.

Attached: 1516072393968.gif (500x330, 985K)

>Hydra has a fun quickshot to pair with Leon's gunslinger chain
>but you can never actually use more than 2 chains due to ammo scarcity
Every single time there's something enjoyable RE6 immediately follows up with something like this.

I heard more stories of her boobs, than her ass though.

Attached: 1661dc960b409426f1179778093c9026.png (1900x1104, 860K)

What does that matter? God forbid a franchise does something different. Let alone it's not a huge departure since this has been the norm for RE since 05. If it's a good game it shouldn't matter if it's "bad RE game". Being mad about it not having spooks at that point and to this day is fucking retarded. It was a great tps action game, and that's what they were going for. I've yet to play a tps that gave me that much control of my character since. The only games I can think of that compare are Vanquish or Max Payne 3. Its a solid 7/10

No one has brought up Ada's booty in leather yet

Attached: 20190213210307_1.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

>Brainlets shitting on RE6 because it's not a typical resident evil game and fucked horror out the window but ignore the fact it has some of the best gameplay around for an action shooter and easily the best control scheme of any TPS ever, hands down

You absolute fucking cretins. Mercenaries mode alone makes the game an 8/10 minimum.

It was a shitty action game. I dropped it after Leon's campaign.

It was a GOAT action game. I kept playing after Chris' campaign.

Albert fucked Alex Wesker, who else?

Err Rebecca?

I don't hate the game. But I don't love it either.

Attached: 15261100469914.gif (320x240, 3.82M)

My main issue with it is how it always wrestled control away from you, just like all those shitty movie games on the ps3/4.

Rebecca, Jill, Excella, Jake's mom...
Didn't fuck Claire, but I'll be damned if he didn't test the firmness of that butt.

How much did they spend on it? because I'm willing to pay for that ass in a better game.

RE 7 is a good game, don't drag it into this, dipshit. Hell, it's better than Code Veronica and RE 0.

Sherry and Jake's campaign is the worst of the bunch, because of those goddamn retarded stealth sections.

Yeah but Jake has the best melee moves so it makes up for it

The gameplay was fun as fuck with a friend. Not the game's fault you have no friends ahahha.

RE7 suffers from a lot. It has bad enemy variety and the exploration is very limited. The mines and the ship are worst offenders. It's RE1 lite without the characters and engaging plot. It felt like tech demo after RE2make, which is a good serviceable game.

His windup is so long they become unreliable.

Playing RE6 split screen coop with gamer gf ex was top kino, sadly that's all over

They throw a lot of melee enemies at you at certain parts of that campaign, it's almost overpowered how easy it is to take them down with the 5 hit combo

>top kino
That means "movie" you stupid memespouting piece of shit.

Recently tried playing it after getting bored of 2make. Never got into the controls so it was only meh for me but after finally getting into the kbm controls it's pretty fun. though with some changes it could have been way better. Being able to stop the game, re4 like weapon customization, different outfits for the campaigns, being able to walk backwards, more differences between the merc characters and so forth.

Attached: 20190218192430_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.02M)

This post was not kino

>but not an RE games
I laugh when retards say this as if the RE series had any sort of quality standard, they kept changing shit up every game, fixed camera and OTS games they all did, RE6 is the culmination of every aspect of dumb fun the games had until that point and still having horror inspired enemies and maps

>REmake2 comes out
>Yea Forums starts praising re6
Fucking contrarian faggots.

Could it be because it's actually fun?

Re6 is not only a good game, it's the best RE game ever made.

I concur

Attached: 20190214210846_1.jpg (1920x1080, 281K)

Attached: 1550377701467.jpg (811x1460, 438K)

me as the slide

Attached: 20190218175118_1.jpg (3840x2160, 900K)

RE6 is one of the best action COOP games ever

>ids fun width frens!!

Attached: 1508742995003.png (620x581, 16K)

t. friendless incel looser

No, it's fun alone to but if you take it as an action game.
A mix between DMC1 and RE4, hence the scoring system at the end of chapters.

t. lonely incel

its really good

t. incel

Is this a bizzaro thread?

It gets way more shit than it deserves. Was the general direction of levels kind of shit? Yeah. There were way too many QTEs and action set pieces that detracted from the otherwise really tight gameplay they had going on. Everything else was really fucking good. Everyone's narrative dynamic with their partner was great and the way the scenario's linked together was well thought out. The only problem was you had shit like the fucking snowmobile level where it was easy to run off a cliff 20 fucking times.

The QTE problem was fixed years ago.

It's non burger times thread, so it's got good opinions.

It objectively is though. It's like watching a shit movie with a friend. Though in re6's case me and my pal got tired of it 75% through and just called it quits. Some of the segments were fucking atrocious, like the car driving, the escaping from the giant monster etc, requiring both players to do perfect execution and not fuck up. At least in solo the npc is unkillable and literally can't fail any QTE's

>scripted cinematic forced coop
>good game
what a fucking brain dead retards are you
game are now boring movies because of retarded pieces of shits like you

Patrician opinion.
This game has incredible mechanics and is by far the best high Action RE game of them all.

The only hiccup the game had was the overly intrusive QTEs that got patched out anyway

If by fixed, you mean you still pass even if you fail, that doesn't apply to shit like the snowmobile level because I quite literally did that a few months back. My co-op partner and I had like 25 deaths for that shit. She also caught on that she was failing other QTEs even though we could keep going. They really should have just dumped the prompt entirely if they were going to go that route.

>Brainlets
every single time someone uses this words it's the biggest retard ever, every single time

>I'm not a brainlet, the brainlets are fucking brainlets, brainlet

Attached: ce8.png (621x702, 56K)

cope harder you fucking retard

>>
Basically Alexia.

Nah, she didn't laugh like a cartoon villain or turned into a giant vagina.

>cope harder you fucking retard

Attached: 1519328507388.jpg (800x450, 44K)

Jake is a shit 2cool4school character.

FUCK CAPCOM,
FUCK NEO-UMBRELLA
AND FUCK JAKE WESKER

Attached: 1490802958471.jpg (1500x2000, 1M)

Jake is sick.

They all are.
Also... No. No. Sherry beat me to it.

If only it wasnt named Resident Evil

I'm playing it for the first time and i am having fun, just killed the semen demon boss. I can already spot some issues in the game design but a lot of merits as well. It has a pretty steep learning curve thanks to the advanced controls and mechanics compared to the previous games. I still don't know how to counter enemies reliably.

I can already tell the game does not deserve the hate it gets but I'll reserve judgement until i finish it.

How do you do Leon's multiple quick shot moves? I tried pressing L1+R1 repeatedly and Leon just seems to repeat the basic quick shot, tried holding them down but he just fires normally after the first quickshot.

Attached: 4567897875.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

Im glad its named resident evil

Dual wield the pistols user

The most retarded fucking non argument i hear in these threads. I sweat you faggots haven't touched these games in a decade if ever and have some imaginary idea in your mind of what the series is.

In Japan it's not.

Attached: 1549360380552.jpg (722x541, 116K)

You'll counter enemies reliably once you get the timings down. You'd be surprised by how easy it is to do once you get used to it.

Dual wield the pistols (L1+Triangle) then spam quick shot.

I always love seeing this picture.

I am, he just does the normal quick shot. How do you input it? Also i don't find much use for the dual pistols because of the accuracy penalty. I'm guessing it's either meant for body shots or you need some specific skills to make it work?

The sniper rifle feels, looks and sounds amazing by the way.

ok, i guess I'll try spamming the input again but i could swear i did it and nothing happened.

>It has bad enemy variety and the exploration is very limited.
ah, the issues that plague nearly every RE game then

I'm playing on PS3, I'm almost positive that it has half the active frames for counters as current gen consoles.

Hum check your mouse, if done quick you can aor juggle zombies

No? Literally no other game suffers from this problem you deluded retard.

>mouse

heh

Probably, I played it on PC but I still got shit on a bunch trying to learn the timings.

Most of the time it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

Do i need to be surrounded by enemies. Does it not work on a single enemy? Maybe that was it.

I get hit a lot by the leaping zombies if i try and counter, i almost feel like it's not worth it since it doesn't even kill them and just puts them at my feet to grab me, the timing seems screwy on those guys, i've started just dodging their leap.

One bad thing i can say about the game right now is that it's retarded that i can't turn off that fucking waypoint marker without losing the HUD as well.

>bad enemy variety
RE1, REmake, RE2, RE2make, RE7
>exploration is very limited
REmake cus you've got locked doors everywhere as you only have 'one true path' you're supposed to be going
RE2's progression is a straight line that you can barely deviate from besides backtracking for no reason
RE2make A scenario's progression is also pretty railroaded
same thing for RE3 par tram parts
CV, while you get "some" freedom at the start of the game by having to choose between the three buildings, all the key items you need have to be obtained in a sequence that can't be deviated from
once again the same for Rev1 par a few optional rooms you can visit in some of Jill's chapters
more so the case for 4, 5, 6 and Rev2
so pretty much every RE game par RE1 and 0 (which at most allows you to choose between two doors before the next key item) lmao

don't talk to me 7 fag, your word counts for nothing as far as i'm concerned

Not an argument

The leaping zombies do have a consistent timing, it's more about managing to know the timing based on your positioning. Makes for easy instant kills against the red ones. I still suck when it comes to them swinging their arms and such but it's easy game to me if they leap.

You might need at least 2 enemies in front of you for the quickshot chain to work. If they're all in front of Leon, he'll shoot both guns twice each then shoot both at the same time to end the quickshot combo.

lmao

also i don't know if it's because I'm still learning but i go through health Tic Tacs like...Tic Tacs. I am constantly scrounging for herbs, enemies just do so much damage and are so dangerous. Playing on Veteran btw.

Yeah you're in for an annoying time. Play normal for now, lots of enemies with guns that are annoying as fuck later chapters for Chris, Jake and Ada.

I don't know if it was luck but i managed to land all of my counters on those beefed up skinned zombies with the heart so far. Well, the leaps at least, i got Shoryukened more than once.

>RE1, REmake, RE2, RE2make, RE7
dude
re7 has mold,fat mold,crawl mold
re1 has zombies,dogs,sharks,bees,spiders,and hunters. that and all the re7 enemies look exactly the same, even those of different breeds.

you forgot chimeras and crows

Nah I'll stick to Veteran, i wanna learn.

>counting bees and sharks who never get used outside of a single room
by that logic RE7 has molded, shield molded, crawl molded, fat molded, lil spiders, bug swarms, flying bugs, chasing Jack and chasing Marge
it's why I added RE2 to the list, while it does have a decent amount of enemy types, 90% of the enemies you encounter are zombies, with dogs being never encountered outside police basement and with lickers themselves generally being rarely used. when I'm talking enemy variety, I also mean how varied the usage of said types is

SHE CUTE

Attached: 2_5440467191608640185.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)