Anthem took six years to develop and turned out to be shit while Ace Combat 7 was made in half the time and it turned...

Anthem took six years to develop and turned out to be shit while Ace Combat 7 was made in half the time and it turned out to be a masterpiece, are AAA western developers even trying anymore?
Do yourself a favor and go buy AC7 instead,
You'll thank me later.

Attached: 20190205015627_1.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1098409197773848576
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they are actually trying too hard if that makes any sense

trying too hard to make money if that makes sense

twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1098409197773848576

When you hear a game has a long development time like 6 years, its code for how many times they made a game or half a game and scrapped.

Anthem probably got scrapped and redone like a dozen times

You have a point. I'd rather play Ace Combat than Anthem.

Can an Ace Combatfag educate me for a second? I want to get into the series and play the games in release order. What's the best version of each game? I know for the earlier ones on PS1 there's like shit translations, butchered content, and fan patches I think.

>no legitimate battle royale mode in AC7

Attached: 1533208394188.png (1181x1200, 446K)

Bumping for same desire

Start with 4, play 5 and zero, and then 6 and X if you really love the gameplay and are okay with putting up with a garbage story.

Then play 3 (JP), because it's the best game in the series by a literal mile and if you play it first the rest are just going to be a disappointment in comparison, and finish up with 7. Basically all the games can be played in any order, they only have minor references to each other.

That's the advice people always give. I want to play the games in release order though, starting with 1

1 and 2 are boring shit, though.

This t b h

Attached: 1550558537107.webm (852x480, 2.93M)

Fuck marine platforms

Attached: Platform3.webm (854x480, 2.92M)

they're both shit and you should pirate both games and firebomb both studios

I'll find that out for myself then. What's the best way to play those entries? Do the English versions have butchered content/translations?

4, 5, Zero

Ace Combat 7 is top shelf whereas Anthem is a poorly crafted mediocre money grab

Attached: McKinsey.png (190x190, 42K)

Attached: 1550398379046.webm (1024x576, 2.92M)

Holy shit. and to think I cheesed that mission with cruise missiles

Attached: 1544567956006.png (314x310, 219K)

Ace combat 7 isn't a masterpiece. It's literally re-used mission objectives in the same maps from the previous ace combat games (albeit few parts of the map (land) were remade). Also, just like anthem, there isn't much content.

>huur it's 150000 years development it should b the best game ever
Do you even sometimes ask yourself what they could do that takes 6 years of development ? Nothing in the game industry takes that long. It took so long because it got scrapped and started from the core several times, they probably tried many times to make something good and failed miserably. So yeah comparing game quality with development time is stupid.

Meanwhile Ass Combat 7 is the same game we had 10 years ago, with the same boring ass ground missions, the same darkstar sequence at the end, the same cringe retarded story (even worse than bafore woa-oh!), the same gameplay, etc..

Both are shit. The first because Bioware can't make a decent game anymore, the second because Project Aces seems creatively bankrupt.

also was lucky enough to have this PS2 signed

Attached: 20190119_160738.jpg (4032x2268, 2.64M)

Attached: ttugqk3oietgy7p4yu8n.png (800x338, 76K)

japs focus on niches. westfucks want to water down genres to move 10 million copies on the first minute of release.

One was made by women and women's allies. One was not.

QAAM Combat 7 is pretty good, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece. Going solely by multi anyway.

>Going solely by multi anyway.
Did... did you not play the campaign?

Well the OP used a multi scoreboard as the image, and is comparing it to a multiplayer game...

Just a random screencap I had silly goose

>battle royal

I beat the campaign before getting into MP, just used the first screencap I found

AAA western market is failing because XOne failed

Attached: hhh.png (420x420, 41K)

you can do that...?

Attached: 1548530850413.jpg (350x448, 123K)

>rating game from their PvP

Attached: raffs.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

>Anthem took six years to develop
it clearly didn't. My bet they slapped the thing in 2 years tops. It got even less content than I imagined, DAI made in 4 years had way more content, quality of it aside.

and even MEA had way more content it was made in 3 years.

>Ace Combat 7 was made in half the time
Didn't Ace Combat 7 get delayed for like two years or something? I can't imagine they only started production in early 2016 anyway.

>Ace Combat 7
>masterpiece
Is this now some sorrt of antianti-shilling? I can't tell anymore.

AC7 is far and away the best modern game I've played in a few years, though.

It's only the 5th best Ace Combat title, but in the modern market that's probably good enough to be "masterpiece" level.

well even with its flaws it's still leagues ahead of anything EA churns out

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 120K)

nice trips but I was extremly disappointed with AC5, I as hoping they were going to try something new with the missions or gameplay situations. Apart from the CLOUDS gimmick it's the exact same gameplay, the same type of missions in the exact same order.. I mean yeah ti's good and it will always be good if they don't change the formula, but maybe they could try to improve the formula instead of literally doing the same thing over and over ?

Ace Combat 7 is not a modern game

AC7*

AC7 is boring as fuck, glad I pirated it.
Also fuck off Jew.
>still buying EA-shit
holy kekeroni

All of them are boring shit.

Anthem is just a copy-paste of the Andromeda engine and assets with a few tweaks here and there..

Has anybody come up with a way to use sticks/HOTAS other than the shitty official ones yet? I'm a big fan of the older AC games but 6 showed me how much more fun they can be with a HOTAS (I had the special edition that came with one) and I really don't want to play 7 with a controller.

You can just get into 7 to see if you will enjoy it. Emulating on PS2 Zero and then 5 (Zero is a Prequel, its up to you to decide which order you want) is pretty good. AC 4 is great, but the gameplay will feel dated compared do 5 and Zero.
Strangereal is pretty comfy and Zero is a masterpiece.

Holy fuck I didn't know you can do that

>Emulating on PS2 Zero and then 5 (Zero is a Prequel, its up to you to decide which order you want) is pretty good.
i suggest playing 5 first and then Zero. 5 referenced the Belkan war heavily which makes you hype up Zero more, once you get to Zero, you'll start to unravel more secrets of the Belkan war. the next time you replay 5 you'll have fun connecting things from 0 to 5