You are now realizing young adults didn't play any of these games, or (better yet...

You are now realizing young adults didn't play any of these games, or (better yet, this one gets me more) the games you like are the subject of novelty fake interest by this generation's retro-hipsters.

Attached: videogamesof98.png (802x451, 759K)

>fake interest by this generation's retro-hipsters
You are acting like a fucking hipster, you gigantic faggot.

Say old games are good
>novelty fake interest by this generation's retro-hipsters.
Say old games are bad/don't care about old games
>wow zoomers can't comprehend these epic experiences, quite a pity!

lol what?

>HL
Shit linear obstacle course with a deeply overrated storyline cobbled together from sci-fi tropes
>Grim Fandango
Shit point and click fest with "charm" which you'll inevitably end up Googling an FAQ for
>Thief
Shit degenerate stealth game about memorizing the patterns of deterministic AI and mindlessly planning around it
>Starcraft
Decent game marred by 12 unit selection limit
>Suikoden II
Weeb shit JRPG grind fest
>Baldur's Gate
Shit taste for including this over BG2.

You know full well it describes you and that's why you're just so upset.

Grim Fandango is just a big Casablanca reference. It's only worth it for the soundtrack.

You are gatekeeping games on the basis of you either being older (which is probably not the case) or on the basis of being there before said """"hipsters"""". Hence, acting like a fucking hipster.

>suikoden ii
>grindfest
you didn't play it.
>starcraft
>ridiculous criticism that any actual player of the game doesn't think about
didn't play that one either eh?
>BG
>retarded namedropping of sequel as superior cementing his role as a tryhard zoomer regurgitating opinions
>filename videogamesof98.png

Gosh I'd kill myself if I exposed myself that bad.

Attached: 1546515117325.jpg (720x736, 32K)

Nah but you definitely know I'm right that you're a bitter old faggot that is never satisfied

God I hate this place

Attached: disgus.png (210x230, 5K)

I'm 25 and I'll admit the only game in OPs pic I've played is Starcraft. My older brother played Baldurs Gate and I used to watch him and it looked cool though.
I don't pretend to have played them though

>there are people here who grew up without a PS2 still posting
Shouldn't ya niggas be married with kids and shit?

I realized this a while ago. You simply can't have worthwhile discussions about these games anymore. A real shame Tbh.

No he's right. Plenty of zoomers here fake interest in these games so they "fit in."

kids still play starcraft and halflife

Attached: img4cf3e31fbc339.jpg (1000x634, 217K)

ironically i played all of these aside from suikoden II and now JRPGs are my preferred vidya

anyone else feel like this? i loved BG growing up but holy shit i could never play that garbage now

me too user

>Point and click puzzle game
>Get a FAQ for
Then why play it? You're a fucking retarded.

I'm 32. I played suikoden ii, starcraft and half-life.
My point was that, when we were all retarded 16 y/o kids we would play older games 2bcool, I remember buying an NES and FF1, and going back and getting a whole bunch of snes games and ps1 games I missed, and now those retarded 16 year olds and shit are doing the same thing to games that were current when I was a kid. It wasn't a seethepost at all.

So, what is the point of your thread then? Just to vent? Welcome to becoming older, I guess.

Attached: old.jpg (477x477, 29K)

Cause you grew to like the story/setting at the start of the game, before the devs went 10 inches deep inside their own ass and started making insane shit up to progress?

it's not venting, Idc.I just thought it was an interesting passive milestone.

>I'm 32

Attached: 1386731150555.jpg (442x400, 164K)

Rad, rad, rad,
Overrated shit, what even is this?, rad.
t.boomer

>I'm 32
Where did it all go wrong?

Space crusade>space hulk.
Fact.

>gatekeeping
There's nothing wrong with gatekeeping, it keeps the undesirables away.

Attached: 1477376548477.png (252x233, 37K)

young adult reporting in
half life is one of my favourites. i tried grim fandango once, didn't get into it, i'll have to try it again one day. i've heard of suikoden and baldur's gate but never heard of them being classics or anything. i can't recognize the other two. are these all worth trying? suikoden interests me enough.

Around 2008.

Undesirables aren't playing Baldurs Gate

Grim Fandango is literal commie shit

Suikoden deserves so much love. 1-3 are all great.

All of them except suidoken are good.

You don't recognize Thief and Starcraft? What in the hell?

i do recognize the names, but never seen the imagery