Is it still the best game of all time?

Is it still the best game of all time?

Attached: file.png (800x558, 802K)

Yes and there are too many RIDICULOUS zoomers saying that it was in fact a bad game.

It really wasn't. It was a comfy game that reached a bunch of kids from a specific generation of time that they're all nostalgic for when in reality it has terrible combat controls, camera controls, and obstructively terrible blocks of unskippable dialogue/tutorials.

It has comfy music and atmosphere. If that's really grounds for you calling it the greatest game ever, your standards are shamefully low.

No. That is now Dark Souls.

"Groundbreaking" and "The best" are way different. There have been many, many games far more fun to play to come before and after Ocarina

Attached: 1550164358363.jpg (500x514, 27K)

Yes, but it won’t be anymore if Sega Remakes Panzer Dragoon Saga

/thread

same person right here folks lol

it wasn't just "a comfy game"... it was one of, if not the best, 3D adventure game at the time. Of course it's far from perfect, and pretty much lame for today's standards, so I agree on the nostalgia part. But in context it was easily a 9/10 when it came out

Yes. Don't believe the contrarians who keep memeing it was a terrible game when this was the game that started it all for us.

i really like OoT. I have many fond memories of it, and i can still recall where so many of the secrets are. That being said, it's not my best game of all time. That's tied between Nier: Automata or Guild Wars 1 for me.

> Can’t even samefag IP check properly
Kill yourself

No,you are just blinded by nostalgia

yes.

its gameplay was revolutionary though people here will act like it wasnt flawless for what was capable at the time and changed the game forever but it was and it did. Words like "soul" "aesthetics" and "comfy" get tossed around here and argued to death because they are objective but the truth is more so than gameplay or anything else this game in its tone hit every intangible quality a game can perfectly and that is why it is still king. the races and characters to this day are copied and memorable. its theme of time travel made the game huge, adventurous, and epic. surprisingly its rarely brought up but its theme of music, the ocarina itself being used as the core tool in the game, combined with one of the best soundtracks of all time made the game incredible and memorable.

its fucking perfect. fuck ego raptor.

it wasn’t even the best game of 1998 brother

Attached: 31C5DFE6-BF13-49B9-92DB-69B7AE3B5D0C.gif (277x287, 23K)

>It was a comfy game that reached a bunch of kids from a specific generation of time

Kek fucking idiot Zoomer. Moronic children cannot stand anything described as "best ever" when they weren't around to experience the phenomenon. So they immediately reject the idea.

"Best Ever" has to be something THEY experienced.

Attached: Well_now.jpg (994x800, 336K)

zelda oot was always average

It is, without a doubt, a very good game and one of the best the N64 had to offer. My childhood experiences with gaming (along with many others) wouldn't be the same without it. It did so much for games at the time and changed the Zelda franchise forever.

That doesn't mean it's aged well, though. It hardly qualifies for the "best game of all time" anymore. The 3DS remake fixed its control issues, yeah, but not any of the design problems the game had.

glasses so rose tinted you can't even see anymore

contrarians
zoomers in disguise!
contrarians
convincing you it was only nostalgia blinding your eyes!

It was then, it isn’t now.

how would you know what nostalgia is? you haven't experienced growing up yet

>It aged well
>It aged bad
>Implying a game that will remain the same for eternity ever "ages"
Video games don't age in any way, shape or form you bunch of fucking idiots

I'm 32

Attached: 1518488865522.jpg (300x321, 28K)

then why do SNES graphics look better than N64 polygonal graphics

This game holds your hand and railroads you into a very specific sequence of events, and at the same time expects you to figure out cryptic shit, it's infuriating.

Currently playing it again aften more than twelve years, I think.
There's something about the simple combat with maybe three attacks at most that makes it so satisfying to beat enemies.

Are you so blind that you can't see some games look better than others 20+ years later?

But it was adults back then and now who said it was the best of all time, not kids.

>GW1

Attached: 1532179847023.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Obviously there are better games now, objectively. But if you take it to mean that OoT was a better game for it's time than whatever someone may consider the best game ever during, say, 2007, for it's time, then I'd say OoT would be in the 5 five of that category.

It does not matter that's a different subject. The game never ages it remains the same eternally
>More detailed drawings have been made since the Mona Lisa
>The Mona Lisa has changed
This is how stupid you sound

I'm a boomer, i think it's shit and thought the same when it came out. It's an empty brown blurry mess.

I’m convinced every faggot who jumps up and down to defend this game with their inflated opinions was a 6 year old shitting their pants because their parents got them a N64 for Christmas in ‘98 and wasn’t actually seeing gaming as whole at the time and how it had progressed to that point

im convinced you're a zoomer who watched youtube videos shitting on it and didnt play the game.

A masterpiece of game design. Needed more enemies while travelling though.

dude stop saying it's the greatest, I played it last year for the first and didn't like it just because of enormous expectations

It only held onto that title for three months.

Attached: 3656_front.jpg (600x587, 80K)

But I played it on release and then went back to the SNES and PC titles because the n64 was a shit console in general outside a couple games. Sorry you only played 3 games in the 90s little guy.

>Thinking how a game ages is about only graphics

Attached: retard.png (400x551, 127K)

maybe because very few games I've played since has filled me with a sense of adventure. I've literally played 100s of games and very few are as memorable as Oot.

supppose first time is best time for these kind of things.

It's 9/10

One of the worst Zelda games. Shit controls, horrible graphics, buggy as fuck gameplay, a pain in the ass from beginning to end.

Original Zelda is still the only really good Zelda.

It was only best game of all time for a year, user.

Attached: 0001 - tyYXU3i.jpg (1920x1080, 385K)

My brother was already an adult when OoT came out and it blew his fucking brains and he prefers western games in general.
No matter how much you try to be a revisionist, that game was simply ahead of everything at the time and everyone who was into games wanted to play it.