Smash ultimate dlc thread

Since xbox live and the gamepass are coming to the switch and will probably be revealed officially either at e3 or at some random date it’s safe to say Microsoft is going to get a rep in smash

With banjo kazooie being on the game pass and Phil spencer mentioning 3 times that he would like to see banjo in smash I’m starting to think he’s in

Attached: 41254EFE-2876-49FF-A7A2-24B62F88DB86.png (899x644, 236K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ausgamers.com/news/read/3563821/phil-spencer-id-love-to-see-mario-on-xbox
youtu.be/GejiOQQazJo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sakurai said only namco and square will be dlc.

Sakurai literally said he doesn't consider characters who don't have a future, and Rare has no interest in making a new Banjo

He said it’s rare for a character with no future to make it into smash not that he never does it

Also didn’t megaman get a new game a couple years after he was added to smash if so why can’t banjo get a new game or a remake down the line by either rare or another company

Because MS has to agree to it, and they don't care, neither does Rare.

I’m not sure who calls the shots with making a new game or a remaster but Phil spencer clearly cares about banjo kazooie they are just scared about how many people would care for a new game and how many sales it would make

With banjo being in the game pass they would be able to look at how many downloads those games get on the switch And if banjo make it into smash after seeing everyone’s reaction to his reveal and seeing how many people buy him as dlc they might want to make a new game

They brought back fucking Killer Instinct & Battletoads. MS will make another Banjo, they’re just waiting for the right devs to come along it seems like.

Can't forget, Bros, that Phil is pushing really hard for the duo to be remembered. Nintendo knows there is a massive following for them.

Attached: sEL30FG.png (1080x982, 147K)

We might get a battletoads rep to promote the new game

source plox

My ass.

He's in

Attached: Super SmashBros Ultimate DLC pack reveal.webm (640x360, 2.29M)

That rule clearly doesn't apply 100% of the time because otherwise we wouldn't get the retro reps, and despite what people say the chances of Banjo getting another game, even if it's just a remake, aren't zero.

I will continue to endure all the vitriol against me until all five of the fighters have been shown.

Attached: Shantae Hitoshi.jpg (800x800, 95K)

I think you guys give phil spencer way too much importance

How so?

Well he is the head of xbox

He's their only remaining hope. It's confirmed Nintendo is choosing the DLC, and unlike Phil, they don't care about Banjo. So they have to blow Phil's tweets out of proportion.

feel free, i can't see her being a possibility in this game.

Attached: 1543634509999.jpg (296x396, 104K)

People bring up Phil because it seems likely that Nintendo and Microsoft could collaborate to put a Microsoft character in Smash at this point, and if that does end up happening then Banjo is basically guaranteed to be that character.

How does Nintendo choosing the dlc negatively effect banjo’s chance? Microsoft and Nintendo are working together pretty closely with Xbox live and gamepass coming to switch so it highly likely they will get a rep and since master chief has been deconfirmed it’s probably going to be Banjo or Steve

And in an interview late 2016 Phil mentions banjo in smash ausgamers.com/news/read/3563821/phil-spencer-id-love-to-see-mario-on-xbox > I know I get questions all the time on would I ever like to see Banjo in Super Smash Bros. and I’m, like, “yes, I would do that in a second”. And certain people think I’m saying that as some sort of PR answer and I’m, like, why wouldn’t you?

And I’m not sure if this means anything but here youtu.be/GejiOQQazJo

Has the indie gamer chick tweet been proven real or fake

I’m leaning on it being fake but that doesn’t mean what she said isn’t going to happen

I'm leaning towards fake because of some of the other stuff she said that was blatant nonsense. I don't think anything's happened to prove it one way or the other yet, though.

I'm with you user.

Attached: IMG_20190219_161332.jpg (699x1080, 138K)

Is it possible for some Business user to explain if it's cheaper to acquire rights of the Banjo-kazooie franchise for Smash?

I have a feeling that it would be cheaper and easier to get the rights as opposed to Minecraft.

could I have a link to this

Someone in another thread said it would be harder to get the right for Minecraft representation in smash but that doesn’t really matter since both teams would like their character in smash and if Nintendo wants a character bad enough I don’t think that much would stop them

I could hear the music, man.

The tweet has been deleted by now but this is the original tweet but she made some more tweets about it

She has had connections to Microsoft for a while but she has made some other claims that were false so no one really knows if it’s real or not

Attached: 15424787-7361-4029-9E75-9FA87E23B8F2.jpg (1080x1272, 253K)

This, it's pretty clear that Microsoft aren't content to sleep on Rare's IPs anymore, they just don't trust nuRare with them (which is probably for the best).

are There any other Microsoft reps that could make it into smash

One character that could be interesting is cuphead

microsoft owns banjo you cuck. they could easily let other dev make a new banjo game

>banjokeks think he’s in because muh gamepass

Yeah that’s probably why nuRare doesn’t want to make a new banjo game since if they mess up people will be pissed

Not him but that video means nothing. It's a vague answer given by PR people who don't know anything about the big stuff that happens at Microsoft. It's like asking the receptionist at Konami's HQ if Snake will return in Smash and he said "I don't know maybe?".

Post characters that could be DLC that people are sleeping on.

Attached: Phoenix_Wright_Portrait_AA6.png (400x600, 208K)

>People think gamepass is actually happening on switch
lol

Well banjo kazooie, tooie, And NnB are on the gamepass so this would be the first time in a long time banjo is on a Nintendo console so why not celebrate that a little and he is one of the top requested character for dlc so now is a good time to do it

Yeah I wasn’t so sure about that video meaning anything

Most of Capcom's characters, honestly.

Yet Mr.Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, F-Zero, Pit, Ness, Lucas, Snake, Dark Pit, Palutena, FUCKING ROB, Lil Mac, & Duck Hunt are characters....You should go to a doctor.

Attached: 78a3fb5f3534a2efe0a2eaeb94593af3.png (422x779, 328K)

Frank west for smash

Attached: BC2F7B36-9DA6-4AEF-8367-2E9F0EE528A8.jpg (2560x1440, 1.76M)

Why can't Square make a fucking FF vs DQ vs KH vs Misc game?