Why are all pills so fucking useless? They fuck you up EVERYTIME. There is absolute no reason to ever take one

Why are all pills so fucking useless? They fuck you up EVERYTIME. There is absolute no reason to ever take one

Attached: header (1).jpg (460x215, 27K)

Yeah it's fucked. Even when you get PhD all the neutral pills like I found Pills or Bad Gas are still in rotation.

Attached: FUCK.png (840x322, 273K)

They're worth it just for the small chance to get the one that teleports you the I AM ERROR room or the black market

At best: slight buff
At worst: fucks up your entire run

The chances doesn't validate using pills ever except in the first floor

once I realized the only pill I really wanted was Tears Up I just stopped taking them altogether. It's only gotten worse as the game updates. I think I'm Excited!!! is the most common pill I get and it's fucking annoying
It's amazing how a single Tears Down pill can make you want to restart sometimes. Any tear rate above 12+ is insufferable

They were actually OP as fuck in the original game, especially with Cain I believe who gave you only good pill effects.

yall fucking retarded the stat downs are way less than the stat ups to encourage pill taking.

you in particular take the cake for biggest pussy

>full health
>range up
>tears up
>error room/black market teleport
>speed up

yeah pills are hella useless, never worth the risk!

also
>health up

thank you thank you lets also not forget bad trip is a free full health the second time you find it

>tfw played the original for like a hundred hours but never played the rebirth
Is it worth it Yea Forums?

yes, you won't miss all of the FPS issues and general bugged mess the flash game was

you will miss polyphemus and a couple others, the item pool is massive

Rebirth is a masterpiece, afterbirth and afterbirth+ are some of the worst DLCs ever made.

>Antibirth is going to be fully integrated as DLC
>With even fucking more clutter on top of everything else
Good Christ, please no. Why couldn't they have stayed a Rebirth mod. I don't wanna have to sift through 6 billion Item Room items for the 2 dozen good ones or try to divine value from the abyss that Trinkets will be.

I just take calculated risks where for example, two pills of the same color drop, I'll bite the bullet and take one because if it's a downgrade, oh well outside of health down its relatively minor, but if its an upgrade fuck yes I can double down on that shit.

Its never a bad idea to risk it at least once, so you know what that pill's gonna be for the run.

The game is very confusing at times. When I get an item or pill it's often very hard to have any clue what it does. That is part of the appeal too, but sometimes it's almost impossible to have any idea what you actually have.
The only issue I have with the game is how the projectiles don't go in a straight line but have gravity so it's really fucked up trying to dodge shit sometimes.

You are saying if I take a white pill every white pill will have that effect for the rest of the run? That sounds like something I would have liked to know before.

Taking pills is statistically in your favor. For each simple stat pill (e.g., range, tears) there is a positive and negative version, but when you consider health down, from those pills alone, randomly taking pills is beneficial more than half the time.

On top of that, basically every other pill is either neutral or provides some kind of positive effect, as long as you take it outside of combat. 48 hour energy, pretty fly, balls of steel, and gulp are all pretty useful pills that I can think of off the top of my head that don't have a negative equivalent.

You've never picked up a duplicate to check?

Still kind of new to the game so everything is very confusing. Haven't really paid enough attention to notice. Just guessed the color mean't the rarity or type of the pill.

Health down pill is actually pretty good. If you have 1 red heart container or less, it is actually a health up. Generally speaking, red heart containers shouldn't really matter at all, and you should be trying to stack on as many spirit hearts as possible, and just leverage red hearts for devil deals, blood banks, and demon beggars.

This lets you trade away all your heart containers for a deal with the devil, then get a health up afterwards.

WHERE'S THE ANTIBIRTH UPDATE FAGBURN?

Co-op babies

Every run randomizes the effects and colors. So if you get two of the same color they will be the same. If you get two or more duplicates it's worth it to use one, then if it's good use them all.

Some bad ones will become their good variant if you're on low health (at half a red heart left bad trip gives a full heal effect, and at one or no heart containers a health down will be a health up). Note that these are only good versions at these times, so if you use a health down to give a second container, another one will revert back to health down.

There's no reason to ever not take a pill. The bad ones are so minor that unless you were in a losing position already they won't affect you and the good ones (like balls of steel or tears/luck/health) will win you the run singlehandedly.

the game gets shittier with every dlc
vanilla rebirth is peak isaac

Is there any reason not to play azazel everytime?

If you want to have fun I guess

yes
Brimstone has only around 2 interesting synergies

Another thing I forgot.

Any increase (except health) will always be more than a decrease from pills. So speed down pills are less than the increase from a speed up. Which means that if you get both of those pills you will have a net gain.

Judas is good enough and book of belial gets devil deals more reliably

It's getting ported officially, and from what it sounds like Edmund's working on Bumbo before he gets back to Repentance so you're waiting on him, not Kilburn.

When you take one the name will appear. You will never have to take a bad one more than once. If you take a good one you will know that you can take it everytime. Lose a little, gain a lot. It's all luck though.