Oh no nonono-noNO-NONONO

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Will Gabe and Valve take this as a lesson and return to their roots, or create more microtransaction shit?

Attached: 1550737678485.png (1568x924, 810K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/about/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They'll make Artifact F2P.

That wont save it

>take this as a lesson
Name one studio that has pandered toward it's investors and failed miserably but they learned their lesson. I'm waiting.

Attached: 1550604432902.jpg (600x400, 26K)

>private company
>investors
based retard

Lets be real, valve's probably never gonna make another game again after this. The no-management thing only worked when the company was a lot smaller, and now that its this bloated monstrosity they're never gonna find making a game worth the man power and investment anymore. Rumor has it L4D3 died because they spent half a decade deciding what engine to use. It's a miracle Artifact was even made.

I want to go back

Attached: 1531958801688.jpg (883x756, 310K)

They're already buying 300k playerbase game in Autochess so they're fine

Valve never grew much, it's the most profitable company per employee in the world.

?????????????

now post dota2 csgo and tf2 numbers

what did he mean by this

>private companies can't have investors
hello, wagecuck

The game needs a hard reset.
Go F2P, add trading, reduce randomness and release a set that isn't boring as fuck.

Private companies still have investors. The difference is that their stock is not publicly traded.

OP is a faggot.

Oh let me just invest in some Valve stocks and have a say in the company... oh wait I can't because it's a private company with no stocks or stockholders.

Oh and needs an actual ranked system/mode. Not the stupid current one where you can't even lose skill points.

Attached: 1512495754134.jpg (971x565, 141K)

It's like poetry

Attached: 1549903469859.jpg (1275x676, 115K)

Worked so well with Battleborn.

Tell me this is not real.

Attached: 1550471829568.jpg (793x786, 54K)

Its legit

The sheer hubris

I remember when Portal 2 came out and I was just a tiny bit disappointed by it (too many "walk and talk" sections, some jokes already felt stale, just minor shit like that), and I thought to myself that Valve had likely already hit their peak, and that their games after that would be subpar. I didn't fucking imagine that would be their last single-player game, their final story.

I try to take a practical attitude towards the game industry. I expect little and enjoy the good shit when it comes. But I don't think I'll ever be jaded or cynical enough to not be horrified at how Valve just... fucking gave up. They didn't get killed by a larger company, or lose their creativity, or run out of money. There's no excuse for what they became and there's nothing that you could fix to bring them back. And it all happened so slowly that by the time we got here none of us are really surprised or feel much anymore, but fuck, Valve was supposed to be making awesome games with fun stories until the end of time. No matter how bad things got, all we had to do was hold until Gaben released HL3 and all would be right in the world.

It's truly scary. It feels like watching someone lose the will to live.

Attached: thats true.gif (704x528, 3.27M)

Portal 2's writing was a canadian's fault, I have no idea how he got the gig since he did nothing but write fucking Cracked articles before that.

Valve's next move is standalone dota chess.

when you put it like that it hurts even more. Please stop.

Attached: 1411444991390.png (286x356, 100K)

>literally every Valve game that still matters today is a multiplayer mod they bought rights to
And even then the best one of them is the most neglected.

golden age dota2>golden age tf2>golden age csgo

dota 2 was never good. It's not even made by valve, just some paid off contractors.

what is artifact some old game or something?

DOTA card game that came out like 3 months ago
It has since lost more than 90% of its playerbase

Capcom

delete this

Attached: 1491375155971.png (1280x913, 956K)

if they really believed this they have completely lost their way and orientation within the gaming industry

astounding, the isolation of success has warped their minds

If you're a brainlet, maybe.

Capcom blew my mind witb their recent decissions. What a time!

Attached: 0972430D-69D4-416C-B64C-ADE7979D9D5F.jpg (523x929, 96K)

>the hl2 of tcg’s
what did gayben MEAN by this?

oh a shitty card game what kind of idiot would think that'd be successful

Artifact was a total securities fraud scheme. They promoted it as the biggest game in it's genre, put a big name developer's face on the cover, advertise it by paying big name twitch player to play it for thousands by the hour, then after many delays release a total underfunded low-budget turd and skate away with all the money.

What a disgusting company.

>valve wasn't killed by a larger company, lost their creativity or ran out of money
>they just gave up
oh god it hurts

Attached: 1545637523255.png (400x300, 219K)

Valve thought it would be successful for their pockets, to make a trading card game $20 and charge for the cards
also
NO TRADING

Attached: 1541489251773.gif (260x220, 786K)

Not sure if investors had anything to do with it, but Techland made Call of Juarez: The Cartel and when that was received poorly, they made Gunslinger which did much better.

A man can dream

Attached: HL2EP3 Borealis.webm (1280x720, 196K)

Who's even playing Half-Life 2 in 2019? zoomers playing catch up?

Also their investors are chosen by the company and literally have no say in what company should do. One of many reason why people fail after opening their companies to the public, see gopro

So a glorified tech demo?

> have f2p core game mode which a lot of die-hard people love and continue to play due to its uniqueness on the videogame market
> release royale shit with a price tag as separate game because we desperately want the fornite audience
> dies within a month
> goes f2p
> gets a small population shot, back to being dead within a week
oohh no no n o

Attached: brbr.jpg (751x630, 57K)

>too many "walk and talk" sections

This so fucking much, its worse than a cutscene.

Attached: 1507295720921.png (800x729, 48K)

store.steampowered.com/about/

Valve would rather update the UI than fix Steam or make good games

just re-hire TR, they are literally bums doing shitty vr after evolve fiasco, I also think they will work for food. What's the deal lmao?

JUST