What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: mine.jpg (767x431, 134K)

nothing majorly, yet
although every single server that you can find is identical in layout and scheme. The same cookie cutter giant ass spawn location that they probably downloaded with world edit, fuckin donor features shoved down your throat, flashy text everywhere having to walk 10 miles to actually get to the game. fucking hate "real" minecraft servers, show me one that's just starting out and I'll take that over a populated one any day

Attached: fuck.jpg (1680x1050, 611K)

nothings been added to the underground in years

100% this
>game is called minecraft
>crafting has been the same since the beginning, only the recent snapshots have added new features in that mechanic
>mining is still the same that is has ever been, to the point where most people explore one cave in the beginning and strip mine the rest of their ores.

They just need to do what they did to the ocean and make caves larger, more vibrant and have more of a reason to risk dying by including more dungeon types and loot options. Maybe another mini boss similiar to the one in the ocean that is specifically in a special type of cave in the world (or even just apart of the strongholds).

ourguy left, it has been nothing but soullessness since then

Last time I tried playing they blocked creative mode. And I have no idea how many mods are even compatible with the game anymore.

OP here,
I just wish Mojang would stop adding pointless filler content, like Polar bears.

This, It should be an achievement to reach bedrock. The ground layers need to be 3x as deep with more ores to find and stuff to stop you getting down there. Also something like DF has under the bedrock

>every youtuber I see is freaking out about how cool pandas and foxes are
They just look like another pointless mob like the polar bear to me. What gives?

It never really evolved past the sandbox tech demo stage. Look at Hytale. That's what everyone was expecting minecraft to become over time. It never even really took more than a few steps in that direction, even after almost a decade. What few things they did add are so insanely fucking rare for the worldgen to actually do that you can easily make and explore new worlds for 500 hours and never see any of it.

I like how op pic looks entirely different from the actual game

Minecraft itself was intended to be a 3D Dwarf Fortress back during its Yea Forums days, then it stopped about halfway once the beta became insanely popular.

As much as I agree with most of Notch's opinions, he'll forever be labeled the biggest sellout for a good reason.

just install shaders, I bet there's one that tries to emulate that look

H B A R
U
N
G
E
R

This guy gets it.
Make the underground thrice as long, fill it with tons more caves, minerals, ore, mini-dungeons, random loot, etc.
Create more types of crafting tables, perhaps make it so you can use all the recipes on one crafting table whilst another is nearby/connected.
Remove the shitty human-octopus hybrids and add normal NPCs with jobs (farmer, guard, miner) with actual villages which could grow depending on the available resources around.
Make certain resources only available in certain biomes, so you're forced to explore a bit and make said biomes more rare and logically placed (no desert and tundra with a chunk of normal land in between).
And for the love of god, port the fucking game to any other language than Java.
Also add mod API Fuck you, Notch. You lazy, greedy sellout.

too much craft not enough mine

No physics

Attached: 1548817464501.png (1920x1017, 1.12M)

Good luck getting that to work in Java without having 32 gigabytes of dedotated wam

They added hunger. Seriously, that's what killed the game for me
>tfw try and play beta 1.7.3
>for some reason no sound
How do I fix this?

Attached: ௵.jpg (124x87, 3K)

development stagnation after making a shit ton of cash. thank god hytale is gonna be a thing.

Attached: 1526289426535.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

>no buddy to play skyblock modpacks with who can do all the thinking for me and just point me towards gruntwork tasks for me to do
Fuck living.

Attached: 1549169456519.jpg (1024x654, 85K)

>no retard friend to play skyblock modpacks with me who can collect and grind materials for me while I make and plan everything
life is suffering

Attached: 1527285391581.jpg (640x480, 95K)

Literally just play Terraria

Why is one new mob added every year, it makes no fucking sense.

Combat update was bad

it started to lose its soul once it came out of beta
before then it was already going down a slope

Can you still play minecraft classic? Like with the zombie survival and lava survival games, or did they nuke the servers? I preffer that to regular minecraft.

>Giant over done and often confusing city at the spawn
>Lots of named NPCs with unexplained donator trading options
>Exit safe zone and you start your 2000 block trek just to have a chance at finding grass to break so you can grow some wheat and not starve
>Some 12 year old kid with fully enchanted diamond runs you down

See, this is why I like vanilla permadeath servers with x/y invisible walls set. They're not designed to last forever so it's too much of an investment to make mega mob grinders and shit. And mid-level enchants are relevant because they might save your ass.

This game has so many autists creating mods for it. Why isn't Mojang doing community updates like TF2 to keep the game interesting?

What does Yea Forums think about minecraftonline.com ?

It doesn't do anything very well and the developers thought they should turn it into some retarded grind fest. Every 3-4 months, I get bored and try to play it again, but 30 minutes in, I realize if I want to get enchants, I have to start a giant wheat farm,cow farm, and suger cane farm. Then, I have to grind some exp just so I can deal with the annoying randomized enchant system.

MS realized they could get away with updating the game once a year adding two features at a time because people were already accustomed to it thanks to Notch

whats under bedrock in dwarf fortress?

Attached: Phantom.gif (296x271, 726K)

Well, they DO impamenting new crafting tables and partialy improved vilagers.

when you start the launcher you can pick the version to play but idk how far back it goes

Attached: 1528975925920.gif (290x221, 1.4M)

Attached: 1540671251794.png (700x775, 465K)

Like you wouldn't sell out for literal billions and a guaranteed easy life. I'm just glad his gold digger wife divorced him early.

Minecraft classic used to be free on minecraft.net you only needed a free account to play. You can't play it through the launcher.

This fucking thing. It's the only mob in the entire fucking game that intentionally runs away from you for minutes at a time. Why? The enderdragon is more aggressive than this shithead.

The Circus, it's full of Clowns and Cotton Candy.

Download it separatly.

Attached: howdy.jpg (1080x1080, 54K)

i looked it up a little and i guess theres just horrors below it in dwarf fortress

I can't actually host a server though, sadly, due to lackluster internet.

i've never hosted a minecraft server and making one for kf2 was a hassle
i feel like i've already failed in my position as the smart one

Tragedy strikes once more upon the anonymous imageboard, it seems

Attached: 1497506962134.gif (320x240, 601K)

Attached: FLAOT1.png (985x911, 1.12M)

Attached: 1549154558421.jpg (1130x946, 119K)