Is this game missing something that persona 4 had?

is this game missing something that persona 4 had?

Attached: persona-5-logo.png (1274x704, 379K)

Yes, my waifu.

nope
p3 on the other hand

yes, what it's clearly missing is you playing it as your first persona game

I liked it when monsters got dizzy after hitting their weakness twice.

Yes, more casual side events and characters hanging out with each other rather than only with the protagonist.

100 percent flawless emulation. But it's well playable right now.

Honestly, interactions between characters during the main story. There were very few times the Thieves ever got together to just hang out like the friends they supposedly are - the only two that come to mind was the hot pot meal after Yusuke joined your group and the trip to not-Disneyland when Haru joined.

Also, character there were far too many character introductions for the length of the game - Haru gets introduced so fucking late into the game she's only about half a character and gets zero development after her arc outside her SL. She wasn't around for most of the game like Naoto was.

No.
P5 > 3:FES > 2 > 4.

Yes, it’s not shit

soul

this

I mean they are always together at their hideouts but just aren't fucking off all the time like the P3-P4 cast and so they focus on their "job" more

That's a good way to put it, actually. The P5 party is a bit more focused on the dungeon shit than the rest are.

More pop and better pacing.

Nah, I'd disagree, more than P4 but less than P3.

Eh, I'm not asking for them to be fucking off all the time but there really are a lot of post-dungeon days where next to nothing happens. The PTs aren't even looking for their next target or anything or being targeted by villainous groups; would it have killed Atlus to add maybe just two or three more scenes of them hanging out?

its unironically missing soul. its a very bloated game to. like half the words could be cut and it wouldnt impact the story in any way. it would probably improve it by cutting 20-30 hours out and not treating you like a retard.

Yes, checkpoints.

a decade of milking

Fun.

Attached: 1527005837218.jpg (500x356, 65K)

3>5>4

>le epic soul meme
Just say "I didn't enjoy the game so I'm going to parrot meemees" and stop shitposting like a faggot.

3> 4> Ultimax > Arena > 5

Party members should've just ended at Yusuke, the game doesn't need to follow the exact same structure 4 did
Give the characters access to a second element and more skills down the line (or maybe a second persona if you want to change up the rules, Atlus picks and chooses when they follow established rules anyway) to compensate

an interesting plot

soul

The problem is that most of the important things that happened leading up to the main story happened by luck, and they even mention it as such and play it off as nothing. EVERYTHING in the game fell into place by sheer coincidence.

Attached: kawavi2j.jpg (696x478, 178K)

The story was incredibly contrived. Like Joker is on his way home and encounters a woman being harassed by a drunk man. Doing the right thing, he pushes the man away from her, giving him an incredibly minor injury. The only problem is, this man happens to be the likely up-and-coming Prime Minister with loads of shady dealings behind the scenes. Now what exactly was a well-known politician doing in a town so unimportant it isn't even mentioned by name, late at night and drunk off his ass? Not to mention the way they even get into Kamoshida's Palace to begin with, and so on and so forth.

Yeah, the garbage

The game needed more Haru, there's absolutely no time between getting her and the end of the game to actually interact with her.

Attached: cinroll.jpg (1921x1077, 1.17M)

Yes, like 40% of the interaction is through text messages.

Pretty much - even the devs realized they fucked up along the line, since pretty much every option in her SL shits those note-points your way and gets her ranks up incredibly quickly.

That's less than what I do in real life.

The only thing P4 has that P5 doesn't is a fanbase of literal retards.

Agreed, I'm sick of 6-8 party RPGs. If they dropped the dumb calendar system they could do it like P1, where you can get different characters who have unique dialogue or change events, or just make a focused 4-5 character party story like P2.

Counterpoint: Game needed zero Haru, more Hifumi.

Attached: 77c59bc365168e6bc976aade41aa9250.jpg (707x1131, 222K)

I always disliked the concept of having characters I have to choose between, having a small group that's always with you seems better to me.

yeah actually. better friends since i did not give a fuck about my team mates as individuells.

>not liking Yusuke and Futaba
Nigga what?

>budget Yukiko

Attached: heogit.jpg (851x434, 33K)

Hifumi fags are the most pathetic of the pathetic

>"I wanted this uninteresting character to have a more prominent role"
She's Makoto but even worse, and Makoto's already easily the worst of the main characters. Her chuuni sthick isn't cutesy, just annoying and autistic.

You faggots realize when she was in the game as a party member her character was Makoto, right?

I like her chuuni ways but can't see how she'd be fit into the main story.

Not him but Hifumi was originally going to be a party member but was taken out because the game's story couldn't afford to spend time on her. Plus she's incredibly uninteresting to begin with.

kek came here for this thanks

this. the castle made me think the chckpoints would be very few and you had to explore dungeons to find shortcuts to make your journey easier. instead, they just put alot of checkpoints everywhere.

I’ve mentioned that before. It’s a little too much desu.

Not only what you said, but futaba also. Joker just happens to be taken in by a guy who happens to have been with a cognitive psience researcher who just happens to have a daughter who happens to live two blocks down from joker who happens to be a famous hacker.

Like come on, at least pretend this isn’t a video game and make the story partially believable.

How is someone living close to their work and having their adopted daughter living in their house not believable?

You can’t just take one aspect of it, it’s the entire thing. it’s the fact that sojiro dated a cognitive psience researcher who had a daughter who happens to live with him who also happens to be a super hacker who also happens to be the founder of the real medjed and can help the PT right when they happen to be attacked by a fake medjed. It’s extremely contrived.

The part about them all being related to the metaverse is the problem, mate.

I can buy the initial setup for the game, with Shido getting Joker's ass canned, as much of a contrived coincidence as it is, because of how much Yaldabaoth was finagling things behind the scenes to rig the game in his favor as much as he could. But all the shit in the rest of the game is just coincidence after coincidence and it becomes incredibly obvious Atlus lost sight of any spec of realism they could get.

"But user," you say, "this is a game where you fight with not-stands and etc. etc. etc." I get it, the game is definitely fantastical but they could've at least tried to keep the narrative consistent in their own world they built.

The WORST part of all the coincidences is that everything eventually boiled down to "Shido and Goro did everything evil" - every fucking villain sans Kamoshida had ties to fucking Shido. Like, fucking really, why couldn't we have had a couple standalong villains. Did Madarame and Kaneshiro REALLY need leads to Shido?

I also dislike how they eventually dropped Goro's character to a screaming "I want dad's attention" child, when his setup initially was so strong. Like he's introduced as this great detective to the PT's "gentlemen thieves" shtick, has actually arguable points against them ("are the PT's activites moral? Is it no better than brainwashing?" etc.) and his character just falls incredibly flat by the end.

None of Akechi's arguments were valid.

That's only because the villains were incredibly terribly written. The arguments WOULD hold weight if the villains were literally anything but Snidely Whiplash mustache-twirling Saturday morning cartoon villains

I think it's just a combination of the Daily Highschool Life gimmick, combined with playing it at the right time.

I played P4 while I was in highschool. I played P5 when I was much older.

But I have a younger brother who graduated highschool this year, he played P5 first, went on to P4 just because he enjoyed P5 so much, and thinks P5 is better in every way.

I never liked the P4 cast. The game was all about the bonds we make and working together, they have a big heartfelt speech about it, and then in the next scene they'd be calling teddie or yosuke stupid or making fun of kanji over some part of him that he's sensitive about. Having them all go skiing and other group activities that /anyone/ would enjoy, even alone, it isn't all there is to friendship. I thought the party banter in mementos was far better than any of the P4 'hangout' events.

>and then in the next scene they'd be calling teddie or yosuke stupid or making fun of kanji over some part of him that he's sensitive about
But that's the best part about being friends, you get to rib and needle them over dumb shit they do, and they do the same right back to you.

Confirmed for never having had friends.

God why does such a boring game have such a fucking fine woman in it. I loved 3 and 4. Fuck that bored the hell out of me.

But muh dick....

Attached: 1534144077813.gif (322x231, 3.51M)

Must be the interactions between cast members
They aren't as dispersed as a team like SEES, but they aren't as close as the IT
>and then in the next scene they'd be calling teddie or yosuke stupid or making fun of kanji over some part of him that he's sensitive about.
confirmed to never have any real friends

Her "Becky" look was awful. Girls look infinitely better when they look frumpy.

Yeah, Now that you mention it, it is crazy that all this stuff just HAPPENED to fall into place.
Its almost like there is a GOD determining the FATES of EVERY SINGLE PERSON.
Pic related in not any way shape or form

Attached: yaldabaoth-final-boss.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

>Her "Becky" look was awful
No, just shut the fuck up. That was the best part, the contrast. You could tell she liked to be submissive

Attached: 1538357830692.jpg (387x330, 46K)

You're honestly going to tell me the left looks better than the right? The messy sex hair look is far better than the twintails, and her dropping the cutesty act in cutscenes was always better than her trying her best to keep it up.

Attached: 1000 hours in mspaint.png (805x398, 218K)

Is that really important? That town isn't important at all to how the story plays out so why dwell on it?

They'll probably introduce her way earlier in whatever the enhanced edition will be.

It kinda does, actually. Why was Shido out in the middle of fucking nowhere, short of Yaldabaoth jerking everyone's chain for his amusement?

The contrast, user, the contrast. You should appreciate both. I was immediately horny by her frumpy look, and initially turned off by her maid outfit and attitude. But there was something about the way it allowed her to slowly show you a self outside of the teacher persona. Yes I'm horny. Somebody post an image of her

It's not even a sexual thing. The Becky persona is just too...sterile. Too fake. And there are plenty of other ways to show Kawakami as a person and not just a teacher without the need for an incredibly bad "contrast" - hell, Joker and Ryuji (I think) meet her fishing at the lake where she's basically like "fuck, not you two."

good doujin. She really was brazen to be fingering herself on his bed tho.

both games were souless, had shit plots and an annoying cast in its majority
both games had great music and character design as well

can Atlus just remake Persona 3 already with the Dancing game assets?

finally someone gets it. fucking idiots.

Why does it matter why he was in that town? Do you honestly need a detailed reason why he might be in the MC town? Would it add anything to the story? If it is so crucial to your enjoyment of the game you can easily make something up and it would be just as valid as anything the writers could come up with. Because the town is irrelevant.
Seems like you've mistaken a nitpick for a plot hole or something. This game has way worse cases of silly writing but this ain't one of them.

A lot of characters had no connection to "the game" that Igor and Yaldabaoth were playing, though. Only Shido, Akechi, and Joker were under explicit "divine" influence.

It's an incredibly bad contrived coincidence. That's why I'm pointing it out. Again, the drunk man Joker pushed JUST SO HAPPENED to be one of the most powerful men in Japan. Uh huh.

I'm still mad as fuck about how Akechi got handled

he had a great seiyuu, a great design, great personality (before the """""twist""""") and the best combat animations of all the PT

but he had to be fucking ruined by becoming an edgelord

hope they fix him in R

And the name of that drunk man? Albert Einstein.

What would be the perfect plot for a Persona game though?

Well, take it away from the high school setting for once. It's starting to get old and tired. At least move it to college/university.

Checked them trips user, yes the game got pretty shitty writing, but if you actually payed attention to the story youd know all of it was planned from the start by the false god freak

Attached: 20190218_212552.jpg (210x240, 36K)

>move to dorm
>have to spend time working on essays and term papers
Might be stressful.

Well yes user this is a fictional story in a video game. Fantastical things tend to happen. Also literal divine intervention.

Oh shit, I didn't even notice I got trips.

Anyways - Yaldabaoth only was fucking around with Goro, to my knowledge. Once the PTs became an actual threat only then did he start rigging the game because they were threatening what he assumed was a surefire victory, which was around Okumura's Palace.

/thread

Yea. It's missing the shit game design and terrible dungeons

It lacks SOUL. It took year and years, went through multiple delays and all we got was P4 REDUX: Red/Black Edition.

What is SOUL? Whence does it dwell?

Persona 5 has a theme about social outcasts/misfits "fighting the man" and oppressive societal constructs. Meanwhile making fun of people who are actually oppressed and not a bunch of smart and attractive teenagers.

Does 4 backtrack on its themes aswell?

Attached: 1506602444660.jpg (709x1000, 477K)

Who does it make fun of that is actually oppressed?

Yellow

Yes to all

P4 didn’t even have the interactions p3 did
P4 and 5 are both missing fusion attacks if I’m not mistaken, but 5 does have fusion weapons

Soul

To highlight a few; the homos, the drag queen, anybody who isn't attractive is a creep, arguably a couple of the female characters for simply being female.
It seems to be making a point that unless you're a smart, attractive, talented person by conventional society; then you're "hero material". Which feels kinda counter intuitive to its theme.

Oh I get it, you're upset because you identified with Mishima and got made fun of for being an NPC with no sex appeal.

Secret final boss manipulating the last boss and dragging the 100 hour-game into a 120-hour game

But this is a JRPG tradition, you can't legally make one without including that.

No, it's better than Persona 4 in nearly every way. Only surface-level faggots who actually enjoyed the awful slice-of-life shit from P4, that contributed literally value to the already bad story, will say otherwise.

Yikes

Who gives a fuck. The "group interaction" in P4 scenes were pure slice of life anime bullshit. They contributed absolutely nothing to the story and featured zero character development.

Either that or he's a tranny.

This. I hated in 3 and 5 how the group never hangs out together like they do in 4.

Nope, nothing really stands out off the top of my head. It's one of those games that manage to be straight improvements over their predecessors.

Did you not play 3?

Attached: Stupei.webm (640x480, 2.24M)

iwatodai dorm was filled with events involving group members hanging out, dude. did you even play the game or do you just like to come on here and look retarded?

Why? Like and those scenes didn't move the plot along at all or develop the characters they were completely pointless. 3 and 5 had far better character and cast development than 4 (3 moreso) and it's not even close.

What does it matter why? What importance does it have to the story? If there was a line during one of shido's scenes where he mentions that he was out there for a conference or seeing friends or relatives, how would that improve anything?
This event isn't coincidental, it's the reason the story happened in the first place. You don't describe Luke Skywalker being a powerful jedi as a hell of a coincidence, it's integral to the story, part of the reason there is a story to begin with. The hole in the death star is a bit of a deus ex machina, sure, and no doubt P5 has its weaker moments, but as it relates to P5, the incident with the protagonist before the beginning of the game is fine. It's the foundation for the story, and it's not all that far-fetched; someone with power abusing that power with impunity.

Personally I didn't enjoy P5 as much as I thought I would. Not sure why, I think it just didn't improve on the formula enough, or I just expected too much. Not a bad game by any means, just a little disappointing.

Attached: mt.png (1079x615, 540K)

>How would that improve anything?
Because then it gives validation to the scene. Yes, you're right in that the whole thing was the reason the story happened, but that doesn't mean it can't be put up to scrutiny as a bad writing. Giving causes to your story's effects is basically the core tenant of writing almost any piece of literature.

P3 was better than both. P4 was cool with their villain reveal, but everything else was stupid. P5 was literally "muh shitty adults" the game. At least p3 had a good story. P4's story was literally izanami just fucking around because boredom. I still haven't beaten 5 because shidos palace is fucking gay, and everyone knew he and akechi(lower effort adachi) were the main villains.

This, but not only this.

I don't know exactly what it was missing, but it was definitely missing something. And I can't blame it all on the terrible English voice directing.

I guess it didn't have the charming brightness of 4, but also didn't have the seriousness of 3. It went for a more watered down version of both. Like it was so busy trying to please everyone that it didn't have it's own voice (beyond it's incredible stylishness).

4>3>5>D4N>Q>D5N>D3N

I like that concept in theory, but you gotta have the waifus. Anything less than 4 female party members means there's not enough "main" girls to choose from. And if you have 4 females, then you need at least 3 male characters (plus MC) to counter balance.

5 was only better for the soundtrack/combat. In terms of story it was even worse than 4(outside of adachi reveal 4 was pure shit). 5 was a step back in narrative from 4 which was already a big step back from 3. Persona is only gonna get worse from here out.

That's literally the entire point of the game. Be careful who you fuck with, because if they have authority they can ruin your life.

You're a huge faggot. 4 was good, but still worse than 5, and DEFINITELY worse than 3.

Hifumi was a huge disappointment.

Is P4 the only game where you can revive someone and they still get to act in the same turn? Trivialises the shit out of everything

Yeah, a solid start. Persona 3 and 4 have a great start with a lot of buildup, mystery, and had you get to know some of the main cast. They also setup the other world very well. 5 neglects this and immediately starts causing the game to have a sloppy intro and the game never really recovers from this.

There is no "contrast". She's Becky 90% of the time, and it utterly ruined her Confidant.

3 has an okay intro, but in NO way is it less immediate than 5's. It also has no middle.

It's missing a decent story and good waifus.

It's only missing nostalgia
Give it a few years and the release of P6 and retards will cherish it again

P2IS&EP>P3>P5>P1=P4

No, P4 is even worse.

The soundtrack isn't as good as previous games, but that's it. I think it's an entirely better experience hands down.

Play P2 then, the highschool setting is relevant only at the beginning of the game in Innocent Sin while Eternal Punishment features an all adults cast

Attached: Persona_2_characters.png (1920x1080, 2.43M)