World of Warcraft Classic

>Those retail players are gonna get btfo in classic, where raids where actually challenging

youtu.be/SbmEZUIgOAI?t=2570

OH NO NO NO

How will classicfags cope when they realise vanilla was by far the easiest time of wow and the only reason players struggled back then was because they sucked?

Attached: m7z5B9z.png (644x495, 575K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hhKkP8LryYM
wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Honor_system_(pre-2.0)
wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Honor_system_(pre-2.0_formulas)
blizzard.com/account/management/wow/subscription/payment-history.html
shamanreview.ytmnd.com/
shadeofaranchant.ytmnd.com/
youtu.be/CYkqw6BjPcw
youtube.com/watch?v=0dkkf5NEIo0
youtube.com/watch?v=7XMum39dD2w
youtube.com/watch?v=OT9d92l3h_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=n4TyqYsC26g
youtube.com/watch?v=_8mpnN2fVYQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

literally everyone who's raided on a private server has already realized this. nobody was looking forward to vanilla wow for harder raids, that's just retarded.

>guild that has been farming naxx for a year and a half with full bis naxx gear clears said raid that drops said gear fast

Try harder r*tailcuck. Just hope your game doesn't turn into RS3

I'm more interested in how pissy casuals are gonna be when they re-introduce themselves to the PvP honor system

Vanilla raids were never particularly difficult. The real hard part was getting 39 other chucklefucks to stay online for the whole thing. That and going in blind gave the illusion of difficulty.

why
everyone already knows how garbage it is

I only hope blizzard autobans everyone who is using multiple IPs 24/7

>bunch of unemployed european autists spend over a year clearing Naxx every week
yeet on em

Classic isnt vanilla, dont fall for legion fan server meme

Duh. Apart from certain fights in AQ40 and Naxx that were deliberately made impossible by the devs to stall for time while the uber-hardcore no-lifer guilds bashed their heads against them until they were nerfed, the fights in vanilla weren't technically difficult.

The real boss was coordinating 39 other morons into showing up on time and not descending into fucking madness. You should be able to put that shit on your resume.

Private server values tend to be very off, allowing fights to be easier

Sad thing is though, Wow Classic is based off of Legion, so it's going to be even more easy, we likely won't get 100% accurate Vanilla ever again

raids were actually easy and boss mechanics primitive as fuck back then. The only challenge was organizing 40 people who don't constantly AFK.
Of course, any non-zoomer knew this already.

Attached: 1510746688540.png (340x523, 344K)

the pvp system was fucking awful, you're a retard if you grind 16 hours a day for months instead of just raiding for gear

>wanting to play a game with less maps less dungeons less classes less races less raids and also having to party up to kill open world monsters

c'thun wasn't technically impossible
he was merely improbbable because where tentacles spawned, then they nerfed the spawns and his stats

>how garbage it is
But that's wrong though

Salad Bakers literally wiped to KT for over 2 months when Naxx came out.

>the values on private servers are much easier than real vanilla
really interesting how i keep seeing this repeated but nobody ever posts any proof l

the only thing I'm aware of is Ironfoe was set to 20% proc for the longest time, then everyone found out it was 5%

Private servers are usually overtuned, actually. It's actually a massive debate and huge issue among developers, because they want to make the content more difficult (to offset the difference in knowledge and skill from 2004) but realize it isn't as simple as just changing HP or armor values. Tons of servers (scripcraft, ED) inflated hp ad armor values to ridiculous extents and it just prevented 99% of the server from being able to do anything.

>wanting to play unfun, dead as fuck nu-wow

Attached: 1546564561520.png (1144x772, 267K)

Proof? They literally admit as much. Nobody outside Blizzard knows the correct proc rate for Ironfoe, nobody knows how Onyxia Deep Breath is coded, nobody knows correct resistance values. Even simple shit like how a Warlocks pet Despawns when you try to summon a new one was recently revealed to be wrong on literally every Private Server (Private servers had it despawn at the end of the cast, It's meanty to despawn at the beginning).

So then why does that automatically mean the bosses are undertuned? Isn't it equally likely that they're overtuned?

>classic won't be dead 7 days in when nostalgiafags start to realize their old game is still shit and leave behind a bunch of empty servers as they flee the sinking ship en masse

Attached: 1520064481166.jpg (662x668, 118K)

>he's a 'classic will be dead in a week' tranny doomer
>he's posting anime reaction images

Attached: 1544294794493.jpg (1600x1200, 110K)

Is it true Classic isn't coming out this year? I already cleared my whole summer to play it.

It isn't so much that, "everyone figured out it was 5%" it was more that the developers of Light's Hope unanimously agreed with the theory that certain epics at certain item levels can only be as good as an equivalent epic at a similar item level.

To put it simply, if you had an item that was an epic level 55 item with an ilevel of 48 with a proc on it, and a level 52 epic item with an ilevel of 46 with pure stats, the level 55 item could only be a factor of 2 ilevels better in terms of stats + whatever stats the level 52 item was. This theory makes the assumption that Blizzard's item design philosophy was such that item progression was linear, with no items having ridiculously overpowered as fuck procs that would exceed the value of their ilevel in relation to similar items around them.

I think it's kind of bullshit, to be honest, but there isn't enough quantifiable data to know otherwise.

When did that change?
I remember in tbc and wotlk your demon got stunned as you summoned the new one

Faggot, we are already playing it on private servers

Attached: 1550616678968.png (2257x1359, 252K)

>retail is dying because all the content is shit or non-existent beyond raids
>"content" in classic is 50% attuning for raids, 10% realising that you dont have 3.9 friends let alone 39 and you have to spend hours filling a pug, 10% oneshotting the baby raid, 30% circlejerking in org about how much fun it is

gee can't wait

Attached: 37236200_478347022607929_5082215594263052288_n.jpg (749x749, 81K)

>In the bargaining stage of grief
>"Classic is bad and you all suck for wanting it and it will never come out anyways."
>"Ok so classic is announced, but it will suck anyways neener neener!"

literally played today homo

To further clarify this, the basic class abilities & early simple bosses are bugged already, just think how wrong the late & more advanced bosses are in AQ & Naxx

I believe the armor values in BWL on Nost were fucked too, allowing people to smash it quickly

>it's another retail shitter or someone who literally hasn't played since 2004 thinking that private server players are going to get rolled over on classic because the armor values/resistance values/damage values are marginally different

Retail is fine class design is subpar but BFA isn’t as bad as the memes make it out to be

The raids aren't mechanically harder. the increased difficulty is in finding 15 more retards, and having to be the brain of 15 more retards. any other claim it is more difficult is simply players confused that the playerbase got better at the game.

Still somehow more popular than nu-wow has been for a decade. Really makes you think.. maybe you're missing something.

Pretty sure it was TBC pre-patch. Apparently Blizzard have been going over the MANGOS mechanics and comparing it to their own internal (correct) version of 1.12, and there's tons of shit that just isn't right. Like for example that stacking raid wide DoT on Razorgore is meant to stack every 5 seconds, on Nost it was stacking every 10. Then there's armor and resist values which the Nost devs openly stated were guesses.

Honestly, it was probably a good idea for the devs to set up most vanilla 40-man raid encounters where you only really had to have six or eight responsible people actually in critical roles where they had to execute mechanics and not fuck up.

The rest of the interchangeable morons you could stick on DPS with a target of target macro.

Classic raids are actually gonna be the perfect level for the average retail player
considering its

why do zoomers think classic was good all of a sudden?
literally the only people who seem to be excited for classic are the exact ones who never played retail.

Attached: 1511899100456.png (300x310, 43K)

>numale weebs gets btfo again and again
Its pathetic at this point

Attached: trannystomp.gif (375x375, 1.9M)

>Classic isn't going to happen
>Okay it happened, but it won't happen anytime soon
>Okay it's coming summer 2019, but no one's even interested
>Okay everyone SAYS they're interested, but whose ACTUALLY gonna play!?
What stage of grief comes after this anons?

Attached: 1550728744863.jpg (1112x1060, 77K)

They haven't been going over anything. The information you're referring to was when the Nost devs showed their spaghetti code to the Blizzard devs and the Blizzard dev's said that the Nost Onyxia deep breath scripting was completely wrong in design, not necessarily function. Nost was also 4 years ago.

the average fresh shitter won't get beyond bwl

>classic more popular than retail
>literally ever
Lolololol

tbc-wotlk is peak wow

They literally said they had made comparisons at Blizzcon, that's where the bit about the Warlock Summons is from. People pointed out that despawning the pet at the beginning of the cast was "wrong", and they checked their internal build and confirmed it is in fact correct.

>imagine thinking Timmy in 6th grade won’t be great at a 14 year old outdated trash heap
Classic is a joke

>>>
> Anonymous 02/21/19(Thu)22:46:16 No.451913620▶
>tbc-wotlk is peak wow
this

I don't remember that and I watched the entire thing. Do you have a link?

at least until they patched in the RDF

Who are you trying to convince, friend?

Is true MMO-style endgame raiding completely dead as a genre?

I want them to do cata and MoP but without changing the talent, spell and stat system from wrath, desu

>abdul, the anime poster from germany, thinks anyone cares about the difficulty of classic

the challenge isnt in the content, its in the grind, retard
and your average retail cuck is too lazy to run the same dungeon over and over for minor upgrades to preraid BIS

>new game hard
>old game easy

>killed wpvp
>ruined pvp meta with resil
>added dailies
>added ridiculous attunement chains
>flying mounts
>token gear
>introduction to raid finder/group finder
Anyone that says TBC/Wrath was the best is an actual moron with dog brain IQ.

Considering how fucked Classic WoW is & incorrect it is compared to 1.12, Blizzard is probably full of shit, maybe Jeff Kaplan or some other vet looked at it one time & noticed it was wrong, i really really doubt Blizzard have the scripting & values for 1.12 anymore

When it comes to raiding, yes

Who knows, grumman claimed before he left that all the code was backed up.

>Take Trial of the Crusader and the ICC 5mans
>Instead of ToC ending after Anub, the back wall breaks down and you enter 10/25man Forge of Souls
>After fighting through the Forge, you enter the Portal and arrive in raid version Pit of Saron
>And finally after the end, you get to 25man Halls of Reflection, with the final boss being a climactic Escape from Arthas

Tell me that wouldn't have been a perfect lead into the ICC raid itself. Blizzard could do so much better than they do so easily, so often.

Wotlk had Ulduar and ICC, the ultimate kino of wow raiding. Also introduced dungeon finder, high amounts of mandatory daily quests and catchup mechanics to the point of previous raid tiers being 100% pointless.

I grinded to Rank 14 back in the day. I was literally 13 years old and paranoid over anyone finding out about that fact. I never got on mic.

I actually ended up being the leader of my PvP team near the end of my run, since two of the other guys hit GM. Doling out WSG and AB strats just through text was a nightmare, and more often than not I relegated myself to Stables in AB just so I could keep a lid on things better. Spending 8 to 12 hours a day at this game for what I want to say was around three months, while coordinating a group of people who were all probably 5-10 years older than me, still to this day was one of the hardest things in my life.

>i really really doubt Blizzard have the scripting & values for 1.12 anymore
Except they've stated they do multiple times, you gigantic retard, and also stated they have an internal unmodified version of 1.12 which they're using to crossreference any changes they make to Classic to port it to modern hardware.

Anyone who thinks that nu-classic on Legion infrastructure is going to be anything like 1.12 is lying to themselves
there is 0 fucking chance that theyre cross referencing their 1.12 server-side mob and scripting data and meticulously replicating it in the new client theyre developing. if i recall in blizzcon they didnt even have the scripting information for 1.12, just the mob data (so literally just the same thing as a 1.12.1 mangos client with no scripts)

IMO Karazhan was probably the sweet spot of WoW content.

based, i salute you user

Attached: 1509657790421.jpg (227x225, 6K)

>projecting

>big corps wouldn't lie

jussie smollet was attacked for real too

They'll just get shit on by rank 14s and all will be well. It's the one thing I do really enjoy about classic. Every mmo these days has everything accessible for everyone, there's no merit or real reward, nothing to really show off or feel proud over. The only thing now that makes something stand out is the time it takes to get it. Rank 14 is an investment, it takes fucking forever and is a massive roadblock for anyone who doesn't have a free 16 hours a day every day in order to get it. Even the people who account share to get it have to go a fucking ridiculous amount out of their way to get it. It doesn't really take skill, sure, but neither does paying for access to a highly rated 5v5 team on TBC onward and getting 2400 rated gear without ever setting foot in an arena.

>literally the only people who seem to be excited for classic are the exact ones who never played retail.
That is odd, I wonder why you think this is even remotely true. Is there even anecdotal evidence behind this claim?

we know you are

>>ruined pvp meta with resil
Oh yeah every class being able to one shot one another towards the end of the vanilla cycle sure was great.

What was the actual best endgame raiding experience in any MMO?

jussie smollet is a nigger

and then the rank 14s will be shit on by the people who farm the current tier for 8 hours a week

The onyxia attunement took more effort than any of the TBC ones.

Wotlk was trash, people only like it because it was their first wow experience

Ulduar was the only good thing about it because the original devs made it before leaving for Titan

prove you played classic retail

>>"content" in classic is 50% attuning for raids
>50% of the content is doing 3 quests

It's better than the entirety of the pvp meta season 2 and beyond being absolutely dominated by sustain and outlast builds that make every fight take fucking 20 minutes because bursting is nonexistent.

Do you actually think that guy is secretly an anime posting arab from germany, or is "projecting" such a buzzword now that it can be used against anything?

looking forward to rank so much bros its gonna be fuckin sick

Reminder that those are jobless autists who have spend years on PTR trying to optimize their runs.

You will never be able to clear Naxx in classic unless they reduce the difficulty massively.

>"what difficulty?"
Spending 5 hours everyday farming consumables, running 6 raid days every week, and taking part in boss encounters where 1 player out of 40 wipes the whole raid.

It's true, PvP got fucking horrible once it became entire about kiting and LOS abuse.

t. idiot lol

>people are actually going to try ranking
>people are going to grind 14 hours a day, every single day, for months
>their reward will be gear worse than what is found in raids

Attached: 1550190883755.jpg (654x713, 68K)

They showed recordings of them working in the 1.12 in house enviroment they had set up with those old values and scripts though, and talked about all the difficulties they had trying to mash it into the modern framework for WoW.

Did you not watch the classic blizzcon news at all?

Attached: 1550450268831.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

the rank 14s are the ones farming tier for 8 hours a week though, it's not like it takes longer than 3 hours to clear mc/bwl/ony/zg. if youre still ranking come aq40 then you missed your window for your pvp gear mattering anyway

ya i guess im gonna get better weapons before naxx than rank14 swords/axes lol

shit is pretty easy. the mechanics are really simple and farming consumables isn't too bad if you know what you're doing.

>Did you not watch the classic blizzcon news at all

I don't have a phone

No they didn't. Post this information.

if you're ranking in AQ you missed your window for pvp being fun. if you aren't ranking in the first generation then don't even bother it will be shit

Your fucking reddit spacing is trash go home

Those weapons weren't that good until naxx was already out.

You only need to do the 14-18 hours a day going from 12-14, so for 3-4 weeks.

>falling for the reddit spacing meme
New here?

That's why you rank as early as possible. PvP fucking dies hard as soon as AQ40 comes out.

if you're in a good premade you can finish up by the end of sunday each week

>that one healer in your guild with the thick southern accent who consistently fucked up and caused wipes, but nobody could get them kicked out or uninvited to the raids.

Two things made raids hard:
Shitty gear since every Boss is a gear check first.
Braindead players which you will always have in a 40 man group.
Everybody who played vanilla knows this.

"the mechanics are really simple"
Much less simple when 40 players need to perform them instead of 10 or 25.

Also, stop talking shit about consumable farming, 95% of players don't have the free time or the will to farm tens of protection pots, normal class consumables + flask for multiple day naxx progression.

>it's another "time to team the chinks a lesson!" week and caps get pushed to 1.8 mil

Attached: 1550453641577.png (938x625, 138K)

Especially ones which required to speedrun heroics and kill mag.

Arca hero was the only challenging thing because the dungeon was busted as a whole.

It's only difficult if you're the raid leader who needs to tard wrangle. If you're not a guild officer then it's extremely easy.

>2v2
What do we compare it to? Clearly we cannot compare 2v2 arenas to vanilla, seeing as the format didn't exist in vanilla. But we're also cramming all of TBC and Wotlk into the same complaint, so we cannot compare those to each other either.
Oh! And after halfway through wotlk, 2v2 wasn't even a bracket with rewards that they cared about balancing at all! So what are we really upset about here? Resilience as a stat? It certainly made classes live longer, which was often not a bad thing seeing as the game was full of aimed shot one shotting clothes, pom pyros, warriors killing people in a global etc.
Resilience also didn't make wotlk slow paced and dragged out at all, it just made the pvp playable.

>You should be able to put that shit on your resume.
People have. I swear I've seen articles about people who have gotten jobs because they included WoW raiding on their resumes.

>wotlk is peak wow

Attached: cringe.jpg (500x338, 22K)

Ironically the more hardcore your guild is the less time you have to spend. Casual guilds will spend 6-8 hours per week constantly wiping during progress and going through a full inventory of consumables. Meanwhile the best guilds breeze through on a single round of consumes never wiping and being able to farm what little they spent during the time they save.

The only weapons worth talking about, Crul (which is better than r14 weapons) and AQR (which is marginally worse) never changed in itemization when they released. The common misconception players face when considering whether or not to rank is the idea that, "oh well x and y item are just as good or slightly worse than r14 items, I'll just get those!" and forget they're in a 40 man raiding environment where every raid boss has a loot table of 99% shit and the absolute best items that you want only exist on the bonus loot table and you'll be fucking lucky if you see the item you want more than once every 2 months, while if you have the time to rank to 14, you can guarantee yourself weapons that are bis until Naxx and the legs and shoulders that are comparable to AQ40 gear. I've raided BWL probably over 100 times by now, and I've literally only ever seen 2 Cruls.

Most fights in vanilla before AQ40/Naxx you could at least designate who would need to perform. 15 players who knew what they were doing could carry 25 braindead keyboard mashers through MC and most of BWL.

Yep. We actually would clear MC with 20-25 people just to get the few that needed things there their gear (and a chance at the legendary drops there). No need to waste 40 people's time on that.

token gear is completely fine as a catch-up mechanic
resilience was necessary to prevent shit getting out of control and everyone one-shotting each other.
flying mounts were fine at first, the way they were implemented in tbc was good. the only thing flying mounts fucked up were world pvp, which could've easily been fixed by making the cast time for flying mounts much slower.
the lfg tool was nothing like the group finder shit, all it did was act like a second /2 to find groups in. the modern lfg was implemented halfway through wotlk. did you even play tbc?

>Keyboard mashers
>Implying they had keybound any of their abilities

>be in a guild of 20 good players and 20 retards
>clear mc and bwl with ease, get complacent
>aq40 comes out
>20 shitters actually become a massive detriment
>good players get sick of wasting thousands of gold on consumables to carry retards who just want to show up
>guild disbands half way through progression
t. 90% of guilds on private servers and the same thing will happen on classic

>>The onyxia attunement took more effort than any of the TBC ones.

>nearly every established classic guild found success in onyxia
>can literally do the entire attunement chain in a few hours from scratch

>a full-roster hyjal attunement can take weeks or be completely unaccessible to most players
>had to get a once-per-clear item from heroic shattered halls in a timed event, 25 times, one per day, for 25 players
>had to then kill magtheridon with those 25 players, hopefully they all stick around
>vashj and kael only drop ~4 vials per kill, in a raid of 25 players
>needed hyjal to even enter black temple
>only two or three guilds per server successfully cleared hyjal or black temple weekly due to ridiculous attunement requirements and potential player retention issues

what an absolutely goofy and uneducated little pringle you is, user. TBC was an absolute fucking disaster in terms of design, but it had enough distractions on the side to distract anyone outside of the 'serious raider' circle - many people were just casual karazhan/zul'aman raiders who felt very hardcore and established despite never even seeing the inside of serpentshrine cavern or tempest keep

Attached: 1543074640218.jpg (225x224, 5K)

Attached: ss+(2019-02-22+at+08.19.46).png (324x42, 1K)

inb4
>B-B--B-B--B-BBUT THATSTS ONLY 1 MONTH YOU CANT PROVE ANYTHGING!??!?!?!

Catchup mechanics where fine when they where for a couple of itemslots and there where still very good items you could get in previous raids. Making everything but the current tier obsolete was probably the single biggest design mistake they made. Imagine by the end of the expansion you've cut 70-80% of the total content that existed.

>not shh h which requiered bl and sw on last pack before 1st boss if you dont have t3 gear

It was on the stage for classic wow at blizzcon. It was all over the fucking internet for months. Are you just looking to waste my time by making me google a vod of blizzcon for you?

youtube.com/watch?v=hhKkP8LryYM

it's in this panel.

Res is not to blame. Wotlk had res, yet 2 healers warrior drain gaystile tbc comps were easily globaled in s7-8

True.
That's why most raiding guilds only get to 8/9 AQ40 before breaking up. The average raider is not good enough to be part of C'thun kill. High/drunk, too young/old, not that interested in playing well or simply just lacks the brain power to understand simply boss mechanics.

They removed the hyjal attunement not too long afterwards anyway. A lot of people who raided hyjal/BT when it was current tier didn't even do the hyjal attunement.

the r14 weapons did not have those ridiculous stats until 1.11. you are talking about private servers that make the 1.11 versions available at the start.

I mean there is more, but that is the free month from creating the account. I'm EU so we didn't have WoW as early as NA did. It's still almost a full year before TBC release.

The weapons were updated with BWL. The sets were updated in 1.11.

There's a reason why the first fight in every raiding MMO that required everyone to execute the mechanic is a guild-killer.

The problem was usually that the shitters came with the good players as package deals. Husband/Wives, IRL friend who wanted to raid together, etc.

To you, or anyone else:
is there a resource i can use to see what rewards ranking offers?
For example, i know that a certain rank lets you buy a cheaper mount. And of course the weapons at max rank.
But when I use the databases to look, it misses out on things like AB rep, warsong rep, etc, and it gets super fucking confusing. And if i'm not mistaken, depending on your class and spec, ranking all the way isn't necessary, correct? Like if you're raiding as a resto sham and pvp'ing as elemental 30/0/21, there isn't a warlord weapon you need. Or am I retarded?
I guess what I'm wondering is if there's something easier than just paging through the wowhead.

>r*tail
why

Imagine if they keep the stats on sets as they where originally, and literally noone except warriors and rogues bother to rank at all.

iirc the caster sets literally have zero spellpower in total outside the set bonus before being updated and get outclassed hard even by dungeon blues.

>even if wow classic is 100% true to vanilla, it wont be the same now that i have a full time job, child and wife

hold me Yea Forums

Look, classic is cool and all but lets be real, we're all just waiting for BC. Post your BC talent spec boys

Attached: talents.png (868x594, 830K)

wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Honor_system_(pre-2.0)
wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Honor_system_(pre-2.0_formulas)

Don't think too much about it. Just know that you get one discount at honored with a city, then the max discount possible at rank 3. Just google AB/WSG/AV 1.12.1 rep rewards. I don't think it's that confusing.

You don't know how many times across how many private servers with shitty developers who don't actually play the game that I've argued for them to release the fully updated sets sooner than Naxx. Everyone who PvPs realizes that PvP dies after AQ40 comes out and the sets/weapons are completely worthless for the most part if they aren't updated before then.

>divorce without custody
>unemployment
I don't see the problem, mate.

Attached: 1535067853658.png (300x250, 26K)

what the fuck is this supposed to be

yeah pretty much
>want healthy pvp server
>retard devs dont update the sets because "lol blizzlike dude"
>pvp is just completely dead
>on light's hope the only BG that pops is fucking alterac valley
>server feels completely dead, empty and lifeless at 8k people because no one is actually doing anything

>unemployed
How will you pay sub then?

For some reason i thought it was way more complex than that. I guess i had seen most of that already.
However thank you very much, user. I'll save these so i'm not retarded again. This helps a great deal.

What's the point of getting pvp gear if you're not even going to pvp?

wont be able to afford to play in those circumstances, remember once you have a fuck trophy aka a kid its cheaper to keep her

im gonna end up being a shitter that takes 16 months to hit 60

welfare

>>server feels completely dead, empty and lifeless at 8k people because no one is actually doing anything
ITS THE FUCKING CHINKS! There is 8k people on at pretty much any hour, but hardly any of them speak english so despite every questing area being oversaturated, it feels like you're the only human player in the zone.

Majority of people only PvP in vanilla so they can use the item rewards for PvE. If there is no incentive to rank, then you lose out on a ton of potential PvP participants, which is what happens when you don't update the PvP sets until after they become obsolete in 1.11.

its not chinks
its r*tailbabbies who refuse to socialize in mmo

honestly the 40hr chink bashing sessions when there is a breaker that week are pretty comfy

How retard one must be to pay subscription for 15 years old content?

Attached: 1394315323724.jpg (419x480, 81K)

What is a good vanilla server? I want to get some practice in.

As much as I like this game, it's an extreme waste of time. The older you are the more you will see life pass you by while playing this. You'll get old and you'll leave your house only to have webm related happen to you because you'd wasted your time on a game while everything around you changed.

Attached: church.webm (400x272, 1.92M)

You could fake your own death and live out of a storage crate just playing WoW classic. You know you want to.

Attached: 1464237963752.jpg (960x540, 51K)

Tfw have a half year worth of sub saved up in tokens from playing WoD

Attached: Comfy_guy.jpg (600x579, 42K)

Lights hope
online is kinda low tho

There really isn't one at the moment. Kronos is dogshit and dead. Nighthaven is a P2W meme server that is also dead. Northdale has pop, but it's 80% chinks and PvP is dead. You're literally just better off waiting. Don't burn yourself out.

Vanilla was about world PvP. You can clear all the raids in 4-5 hours. Only 1 night of raiding each week. Everyone knows this. For new players, progression will be extremely fun though, mechanics are simple, but require a lot of coordination, the whole 5 people out of 40 carry the raid is a complete meme.
Rest of the time is spend farming for raid consumables which intern leads to massive pvp brawls in all the endgame zones, because you actually have to physically leave cities to go farm shit, instead of just clicking some mission table like in retail WoW.

You also get legit anxiety each week collecting all the world buffs and trying to make it to the instance unscathed. Running through STV/BRM/Silithus was a nightmare.

I don't think I'm going to waste time on classic though, I played both retail vanilla and nost, I don't think nu-blizz could ever produce a better experience.

Just pick rogue and you realize that it's just as easy as leveling on private servers. It's insane how OP rogue was in vanilla.

No they're literally chinks, they type but it's in chink letters so it's just blank.

>install private server
>roll a warrior
>get to level like 9-10 where I realize my entire rotation is literally auto attack, and maybe Rend if whatever I'm fighting isn't fucking immune to it
>uninstall

I played a Mage back in the day, zero idea how you fucking warrior lads dealt with this shit for 39 levels til you got Mortal Strike.

Attached: 1489452136156.png (3500x3200, 543K)

its
fucking
r*tail
shitters
you fucking moron
chinks are actually good players

you just wait for the overpower and your eyes light up and you get the motivation to kill another mob

If you ever had to properly raid lead, you would put it on there too. Team management skills are important.

>high amounts of mandatory daily quests
Such as?

>play warrior
>oh boy i cant wait to be swifty and pat
>charge a mob
>miss
>parry
>miss
>block
>miss
>miss
>dodge
>OVERPOWER
>miss
>aggro another mob
>die

They made the Hyjal attunement difficult because even the devs knew the raid wasn't worth running.

It's not you fucking retard, they are typing shit in chinese and the server is notorious for being really chinese infested.

fuck off you fucking r*tailfag
go grind more ap you fag

Actually don't use rend while leveling

rend is the most efficient rage per dmg point for leveling until you get instants

>playing wow period
There is a reason Why FFXI and Everquest 1 are still better

>there are actual blizzard shill cucks who don't think Activision won't add an ingame cash shop to Classic

Get real, fags.

Attached: 1541989217923.jpg (306x164, 7K)

Shame it's delayed until 2021. Good luck!

>Get one shotted a million times
>Acquire gear to do the same thing

We're literally talking about light's hope, this conversation has nothing to do with retail what so ever.

Catch up mechanics shouldn't exist.

They had catch up mechanics in vanilla though.

>Catch up mechanics shouldn't exist.

they absolutely need to exist if your raids have attunements with nearly three dozen checkmarks to fulfill - the issue is that catch-up mechanics continued to be put in place when these attunement requirements were no longer in effect

They were a mistake then too.

Nah, but catchup gear should be absolute dogshit. Never even close to anything droping in tier below current raid.

>FFXI and Everquest 1 are still better

Attached: 1544450748096.png (400x380, 88K)

>they absolutely need to exist if your raids have attunements with nearly three dozen checkmarks to fulfill
why?

Classic wow is literally a win win. if it fails we cost blizz/activision heaps of money and if it doesnt we get to relive our teenage years. I see no problems

attunements have always ALWAYS been easy
fucking nigger

you also have to realise that these poopsockers have been running the same content for up to 15 years, at that point they SHOULD have cut clear time down through use of efficiency mapping, etc.

I just got done leveling a warrior on a private server. Funnily enough, I've had a lot more fun with warriors, even pre-40, than I've ever had with casters. I can't see the fun in sitting there casting a couple spells over and over. It doesn't make sense because it's ultimately all the same shit anyway. At least warriors eventually get the joy that is stance dancing so you can do funky stuff like
>Charge (Battle stance)
>auto attack
>mortal strike
>bloodrage
>strafe into aggro radius of nearby mob
>auto attack again
>turn on sweeping strikes
>auto
>auto
>swap to zerker stance
>whirlwind (second mob gets hit twice by whirlwind thanks to sweeping strikes)
>first mob dead, switch to second
>auto
>execute
Not to mention getting to go to defensive to disarm enraged bitches or zerker to interrupt fools (assuming you don't have a shield on). 1-40(or 36 when you get whirlwind) can be a huge slog though for sure. I spent it mostly watching fucking Stargate SG-1.

Reminds me of the time I joined a pve raiding guild as a 14year old and by some fucking miracle managed to climb to the 2nd highest guild rank. I think it was because everytime we raided I couldn't keep my mouth shut and talked to people with my furious puberty antics.

That summer raiding Ulduar, ICC and that one dragon with a laser and fire/shadow phases was the most fun i had indoors in a long time.

None of them seemed to give a fuck I was 14 because i knew what I was doing. Goos fucking times

He played till level 9, he doesn't have the capacity to understand jack shit

He understood that it picks up around 40. I imagined he had more knowledge than his singular 1-9 experience, which is boring dogshit as every class.

dude theres more going on in one heroic boss in Legion or BfA then every boss combined in AQ40 and Naxxramas. come on

>hit 70
>spend dozens of hours grinding revered for heroic attunements
>do SMV quest chain for naaru trial quests for TK attunement
>do karazhan attunement
>spend the next few days running around doing random errands and bullshit for wizards in some of the shittiest dungeons
>do slave pens heroic to acquire SSC attunement
>kill gruul, kill nightbane, do slave pens heroic again to hand in SSC attunement
>go back to those same shitty dungeons before but on heroic where everything is much more shitty
>finish naaru trial attunements, kill magtheridon, get TK attunement
>farm pre-endboss TK and SSC to gear your raid until you're able to kill vashj and kael'thas comfortably
>get 4 vials per week, need 25 or more for your raid roster
>maybe eventually do Hyjal once you have enough people attuned
>hope you have a well geared protection paladin or the raid is total hell
>maybe maybe do Black Temple if you ever reached the Hyjal stage of TBC

pretty sure i'm making some drastic understatements with most of this too

Attached: 1543160550399.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

>types like a 12 year old
>posses the critical thinking skills of one
Nothing of value will be lost when you stick to retail.

>waaa! waaa! there's too much content!! blizzard please change it so everyone quits in 3 weeks like they have for the past 5 expansions!!

Still better than spam RDF and RHC then raids

I don't see what you're talking about, people speedrun mythics.

WoW classic sucked dick. Shit was boring. Why people want to relive that tragedy is beyond me.

OSRS changed the whole game. Doubt Blizzard could do it without blizzfags getting mad.

Sitting outside places spamming in LFR isn't fun. Getting railed for hours in STV isn't fun. Raid loot wasn't fun. DKP sucks dick. Half the classes aren't viable. Busted PVP specs. Av was a nightmare.

If you think these morons bitching about their characters needing a buff because they don't do as much DPS on a boss aren't happy now. Wait till they see how boring vanilla is.

im looking forward to ganking the shit out of noobs. Absolute best part of old wow.

>gating == content

Attached: 1511580516137.jpg (600x1003, 76K)

the heroics was lowered to honored before SSC/TK was out. Most of the TBC attunements were instances you would do anyway. They had also removed all attunements by the sunwell patch anyway.

>Sitting outside places spamming in LFR isn't fun. Getting railed for hours in STV isn't fun. Raid loot wasn't fun. DKP sucks dick. Half the classes aren't viable. Busted PVP specs. Av was a nightmare.
Literally everything you said here is wrong and retarded. You should do better research on Vanilla before you pretend to know what you're talking about.

>"hybrid tax"
>Warriors are a hybrid
>Only tank
>Best melee DPS
>Best DPS for 5/6 raids

makes oneth thinketh

Attached: download.jpg (226x223, 9K)

>>gating == content
That's correct.

>organizing 40 people who dont afk for a few hours in the zoomer era

This is going to be an absolute shitshow. Zoomers are fully fucking retarded if you didnt realize already.

>Getting railed for hours in STV isn't fun
For you.

You're a retard and just baiting.
Here is what is going to happen:
>90% of Classic players will never set a foot in a raid beyond AQ20/Zul/MC
>Maybe after 2 years people will finally have t2 in a widespread manner, but most 60s will be just Dungeon blues, t0.5 and some Zul/AQ20 shit sprinkled.
>less than 10% of the Server will raid BWL and beyond.
>Top 5% will clear AQ40.
>Top 2% will clear Naxx.
>Seeing a T3 geared char roflstomping a BG will be fun and Locks will be nerfed within a month after Naxx releases.
>Most raiders will like raiding because getting the fucking attunement done was already a big hassle and getting 40 retards to the raid and the logistics involved for loot is more than enough to destroy guilds.
>Vael and to an extent Huhuran will destroy guilds like they did back in the day because most people are really terrible at games.
>Wow Vanilla puts a premium on ingame knowledge an preparation, something 90% of the players of all games fail at.
>You'll see huntards with Str gear, Retpallies rolling for every DPS item under the sun stupid people dotting up sheeps until there is no tomorrow.

Retailfags will not even get to 60 in a timely manner. Who cares what poopsockers want?

Attached: world-of-warcraft-cheat-sheet-v1.png (763x1037, 111K)

I enjoy the grind

>>Maybe after 2 years people will finally have t2 in a widespread manner, but most 60s will be just Dungeon blues, t0.5 and some Zul/AQ20 shit sprinkled.
They'll be selling boosts for bwl in trade chat within 6 months.

alterac valley was absolutely hell though
landmines everywhere, archers that could kill you from a hundred meters away before you even got near their tower if you tried to charge it alone, completely fucking stupid chokepoints that were never corrected or re-mapped

one dumb motherfucker capturing or re-taking a graveyard at the wrong time in the wrong place could turn a 20 minute stomp into a week-long shitfest - literally a single battleground instance that does not close until server maintenance occurs due to one side turtling so hard that the other cannot progress the game

the original alterac valley design probably encapsulates all the stupid bullshit that made vanilla great

70% content of Classic is leveling, you fucked up boomer. Getting there, even when you're not poopsocking, is really really rewarding.
Raiding is just a part of the endgame. Blizzard just started doing raid or die with TBC.

>6 months.
*The day of release, since guilds will have multiple alts

If the map wasn't so alliance biased, then the rounds could end sooner because then they wouldn't have their crutches.

Almost nothing he said was wrong. You should do better research on Classic before you pretend to know what you're talking about.

You act as if it's going to be the same today as it was in 2006 when you couldn't just google a guide or watch a youtube video to find out how to do things.

A lot of the knowledge that kept people apart back then just isn't that inaccessible today.

It's really the Furor tax because he fucking hated hybrids and loved warriors. Back in EQ when they finally, after years, made other tanks viable, he threw such a colossal shitfit that they buffed warriors into the best tanks again.

>Almost nothing he said
I said*

Word.
While I was raiding in Vanilla, we only saw Bone Reavers Edge drop once from Rag in over a year of rag kills. Never dropped. Fucking loottables. But we got Vendorstrike EVERY week.

I think the Nostalrius guys said something about Flame Buffet from BWL is supposed to do twice as much damage with twice as much build-up damage or something like that, from when they visited Blizzard.

You can't stop boost selling, but who are they gonna sell it to? Casuals/Mouthbreathers will be stuck at 50 because questing peters out.
And that does help against retards somehow? We have comprehensive guides today but most of the playerbase of retail wow is still retarded and fucks up basic awareness checks simple prep shit like looking up the INGAME guide and read up the boss mechanics.
Tigole and Furor hated pallies with a passion.
Warriors actually were gimped until the BWl patch because Indalamar was so good at warrior in beta that Blizzard overnerfed the class for release. I still remember the fucky talent trees for warrior on release and being a free kill at 60 for everyone.

Quit shit retail wow finally after 13 years on and off in Legion. Found a decent Wrath 3.3.5 private server. Have old character models. Glyphs and talent trees seen in years. In a fun guild of people around the world.

Why didnt I do this sooner. Fuck Retail wow and what its become.

Attached: 1414269546452.jpg (576x589, 47K)

>Casuals/Mouthbreathers will be stuck at 50 because questing peters out.
This didn't even happen back then. Most level 60 players were casuals.

They hated every hybrid, and some of the dps too. Warlocks were shit, druids were shit, shaman were shit. Enhancement was supposed to be able to tank at first until they dropped in and fucked everything up, but left the tanking talents in the tree, and rockbiter.

>quit shit retail
>fuck retail

Go shill for private servers elsewhere, you're not fooling anyone.

Attached: bee.jpg (500x339, 64K)

Don't forget the Windfury nerfs because casuals can't into statistics and the promise of "giving shamans betters talents" but then TBC came along the class was just changed completely and 2H shaman was benched. One change I can live with is an overhaul for Shaman talents as they're the oldest 1.12 talents by far.
Or the fucking weapon speed normalization.

People still took an absurdly long time to get to 60 compared to today's MMOrpgs. you'll see a healthy amount of casuals at 60 but hey'll be dwarved by people below 60 stuck in their 50s.

>have a buddy who is convinced he's going to get rank 14 by getting in on the honor system as soon as it's available and only PvPing when he's on the game
Dude, you're married and have a full time job. It's literally impossible unless you hire some chink to do it for you.

I unironically hope they make the game just 1 big shard per region

That way everyone can play with their regional/politica/cultural/lgbtq guilds without paying for server transfers

>getting the fucking attunement done was already a big hassle
MC takes a five minute lava run in brd, bwl one UBRS run, AQ has no attunement, naxx costs a token amount of gold and an arcanite bar, unless you're exalted with AD at which point you literally get it for free from talking to an npc.

Aka the only relevant attunement in the game is for Onyxia, which still takes less than a day to complete. Meanwhile in TBC..

Attached: k6Fevyc.jpg (1025x619, 165K)

>defending blizzard
>calls someone else a shill

fucking kys shill faggot

Attached: 1536800001682.jpg (400x400, 41K)

That's some grade a shit. But it forced people to run instances.

Attached: 1462041035825.png (862x635, 110K)

>Horde entrance is alot closer to ally base
>Horde has a skip straight into ally base, bypassing all the npcs and towers
>Alliance bias

Warlock/Shaman should have been Horde specific and Druid/Paladin should have been Alliance specific.
FACT.

To be fair, it didn't take long until you could get into karazhan without a key as long as at least one person in the group had a key, someone standing nearby had a key or a rogue had lockpicking at a high enough level to open the gate.

Half of these are just fucking wrong if you've got someone else with a key to let you in

Attached: 1375.jpg (220x212, 15K)

Don't forget the Frostwolf base door. A feed Mages and Huntards could blow up any zerg that tried to run up the ramp.

>retail babs are so braindead that they can't wrap their heads around the idea of doing anything but raiding
ok

But then Tauren would only have 3 classes in vanilla!

Never played nost. Just casually play on some no name server with people from work. Least it's free?

Attached: 1412047092145.jpg (612x612, 144K)

>Alliance has a shittier shaman hybrid with several forms that are all shittier other classes
>Horde gets a great utility dps class that blows up people in t2 onwards.
>Blizzard now has to balance 4 classes with each other!

But druids are better healers than shamans.

Who the fuck cares about balance.

Attunements are a neccesary evil. Sure it prohibits some friends to play with one another, since attunements denies people to play X until Y is done, but in the long run it made for a much more coherent experience and got people to make new friends along their playing.

shaman/paladin division was the worst idea

at worst they should have just been reskins

1.2-1.12 they were making shamans more like paladins every patch

>Asymetrical balance is bad, guys!
You sound like one of those tourneyfags who don't like it when people pick anything other than starfox.

Ready for my hot take? I think that Horde/Alliance should only matter on PvP servers. If you play PvE there should be no language barriers and you should be able to group with the opposite faction. Factions would only dictate quests and capital cities. That was like the whole point of Warcraft 3, different sides with different goals coming together to defeat greater evils.

>If you play PvE there should be no language barriers and you should be able to group with the opposite faction.
Next expansion is WC4 and then after that they're going to dissolve the faction barrier. According to leaks, anyway.

That sounds like too much work for Blizzard.

>shaman/paladin reskins
>i cast my aura of stoneskin/devotion
>i use windfury weapon/zealotry enchant
>i place down my searing totem/idol of searing light
It would've been dumb.

>different sides with different goals coming together to defeat greater evils.
That's also been the point of like every other expansion

It would have actually been less work than what we got.

Really? Do you have a source other than your ass?

Dude I think your replying to a actual chink.

>Next expansion is WC4 and then after that they're going to dissolve the faction barrier. According to leaks, anyway.
what leaks? explain more please

How do you view this far back?
Mine now only goes to the start of battle net, I used to be able to see that far back but cant anymore.

Yeah I know, thats why there is a time gap between the reply and the post asking, I had to google how to find it.

blizzard.com/account/management/wow/subscription/payment-history.html

Well yeah, shaman was screwed because big fat baby Eyonix literally threw a tantrum and refused to do his job, and no one else at Blizzard gave enough of a shit to either make him do it or do it for him.

I mean you had ACTUAL BLATANT faction bias where some devs had absolutely no idea what shaman was like because they played Alliance, so you had ridiculous shit like frost shock having diminishing returns with itself, unique, at the time, among cc spells, because of Alliance whining and no one on the dev team who disagreed with it. Meanwhile spells like wingclip and hamstring had no cooldown and no dr. Makes you think.

shamanreview.ytmnd.com/

Some disgruntled employees who had recently been terminated dropped a manifesto. Next expansion will cash in on the WC3 nostalgia alongside the Reforged remake. Going to be about four factions (Horde/Alliance/Void/Light) fighting over Azeroth. Ethereals new race, AQ40 rehash will be first raid. Also shit like a "combat bag" system using 6 items will replace trinkets and "custom maps" that let players create custom battlegrounds (Like WSG but flag carriers move 300% faster and can't be healed or adding shit like instant respawns/fast cooldowns). Following expac is all about faction conflict ending and everyone being able to group with each other but players can still align with either the Void or Light for pvp purposes.

6months? it would be 3rd week if they wont decide to splitraid on alts to gear their mains faster.

>ytmnd
Good shit. shadeofaranchant.ytmnd.com/

Take it from somebody who atleast saw Vanilla Sapphiron and killed C'thun, guides and databases were always a thing, it just took 2 expansions till every normalfag under the sun got it bashed into their skull and they never went back.

The raid isn't out that early.

>interested in AQ40 rehash
>but it'll be retail and all of the other stuff sounds shit anyway
Darn. Hope I actually get to see AQ40 in Classic.

>where raids where actually challenging
Vanillakiddies think tank&spank is a challenge lmao

neat. am i cool?
I remember not wanting to play since it looked stupid and i wasn't that into the RTS anyhow. I'd been playing UO and SWG previously, then RL friends finally got me to try it out.
One of them lied and said "dude ogres are coming, you can be an ogre". So that sucked.

Attached: poopbutt.jpg (1005x270, 33K)

I think this is one of the best analogies I've ever seen on Yea Forums

It's more about the Ethereals than the bugs. The Nether Armada invades Azeroth and turns AQ40 into a void temple. Couple throwback fights but a lot of shit is spent on Alleria roleplay.

Attached: 00991.png (744x763, 152K)

>tfw you're the only person who enjoyed Ashran

Attached: 1528923632812.gif (1090x1035, 183K)

Ah fuck it then.

Vanilla wow was never about raiding. That was easily the worst part of the game. It's all about comfy questing and world pvp.

I bet he voted for Trump.

C'thun was not impossible pre nerf.

Too bad too guilds were giant cry babies and Blizzard listened them.

>I bet he chose to eat shit instead of drink vomit

>tfw they don't give out free playtime when the servers shit themselves anymore

Attached: 1546085636785.jpg (1471x1024, 93K)

>I bet he voted for Trump.
Well he's dead so he didn't vote for shit.

Attached: rip_tseric.jpg (807x603, 166K)

Vanilla WoW raiding can be fun by doing exactly what OP posted. Guild speedruns by collecting every available world buff and consumable while nobody makes any mistakes. Private servers have leaderboards and it's also fun wiping guilds trying to make it safely to their raid with all their buffs intact.

>noobs that sucked at WoW

WotLK kids that think that MMOs are about raiding are such a cancer.

Who cares, faggot.

I guess if you make up your own rules it could be fun, but the systems in the game aren't very good as is. Later expansions had much better raiding.

>comfy questing
The game had like 2 quests repeated over and over
>world pvp
Where if you weren't playing one of like two classes you were just a free HK

>C'thun was not impossible pre nerf.
Well he only died once and it was by abusing bugs in the encounter.

Each had their own advantages. It was interesting.

What are they about then? Grouping together to run around a map grinding boring ass mobs for hours on end? Play FFXIV and do Eureka if you want that.

The areas/atmosphere was extremely comfy. Many classes could be good at PvP. Cut it out

>2 quests repeated over and over
better than all the gimmicks and shitty scripted sequences in retail wow

>451911280
will Ganking be allowed in WoW Classic?
Will it be like so.ywatch where you say word get banned?

Fuck you, where are my goddamn buffs? Every other class got 'em, tired of these excuses.

>The areas/atmosphere was extremely comfy.
You can repeat your stupid "comfy" buzzword as many times as you like, atmosphere alone doesn't make a good game.

>and it's also fun wiping guilds trying to make it safely to their raid with all their buffs intact
this is the most fun ive had on private servers. I've only participated in one full wipe - it's probably not surprising that depending on the server and guilds it's kind of hard to get an entire raid together just to fuck up an opposite faction guild's autism. You'd think red=dead would be enough but it isn't.
However I've spent far too much time to admit camping blackrock and felwood just to purge buffs, especially from big dick damage fags or main tanks. If anyone is a fan of intense ree'ing and rage whispers, this is about as good as it gets.
>geared 60s in groups of 10+ to protect some dudes DM buffs while he tries to grab a songflower because a shaman with too much time on his hands might be there
>having to escape scouting rogues in blackrock and then circle back to purge main tank before he runs into BWL

There is a decent webm floating around somewhere of a guild wiping the /vg/ vanilla guild from a few years ago before their MC speed run. I wasn't a part of it but knew some of the people on the horde side (wipers, not the wiped) and the screeching in /vg/ was amazing that day.
Not that it matters, but while getting done with the raids as fast as possible is great since then you can go shit on people (which is what the fucking game is FOR), i do not understand the fascination with competing for clear times. Then again no one asked me.

vanilla wow was ABOUT raiding, it was always about PVE and raiding is the highest form of PVE, it's just that brainlets or casual gamers couldn't farm enough consumables and gear to get to that point

Attached: 1509981047076.png (342x342, 231K)

>atmosphere alone doesn't make a good game
Not only are you wrong, it's THE most important part of any game.

and the second they do anything like this no one will play it, most people will get turned off fairly quickly anyway but that would be a sure fire way to get turbonerds to never play it.

Nah, most of the dev effort went into building a comfy virtual world, not the autistic raiding stuff. That came later.

and the good thing about this is that the earlier bc content was not ignored.

>will Ganking be allowed in WoW Classic?
Why wouldn't it?
>Will it be like so.ywatch where i cant spam nigger?
If that's your metric for not wanting to play an online game then you're going to have a rough time, user. For what it's worth, you'd enjoy a suspension from spamming nigger in retail vanilla as well. And if you kept doing it, an eventual ban.

they built a comfy virtual world which was used to leveling, sure, you could have fun running around, but sooner you will be bored because there was nothing to do other than getting ganked by rogues/mages and farm mobs

you could just play ESO online which is more fun atm than wow classic

Attached: 1550305142513.jpg (300x300, 23K)

>will Ganking be allowed in WoW Classic?
Yeah, but you can report gankers with 1 click and get them auto banned just like in overmeme.

t1 out on release day

This. If you're not immersed in an RPG it's not an RPG

I was pretty late to the party because I was playing Ragnarok Online before wow, if any of you cunts thought vanilla was grindy, I have news for you.

Attached: Untitled.png (428x287, 10K)

That is very unlikely.

Check some footage from back then, even the top guilds actually played like shit. They said it was mathematically impossible cause you needed so much dps, meanwhile they where keyboard turning, clicking abilities, having no relevant debuffs up on targets, using the wrong gear, not bothering with world buffs or full consumables.

They could release pre-nerf C'thun in classic, even buff it abit more and it would be cleared within a couple days. All you need is one attempt with good rng where an eye tentacle doesn't spawn inside stomach and its done.

They also never even considered using flasks until they got to C'thun, and never used potions consistently even on C'thun.

MC and Onyxia is open at release, thats how it was in vanilla too.

They are not insane enought to bring timegated retail raids into classic

I have no doubt in my mind that they will hold those raids back for a few weeks thinking no one is going to be able to do them anyway, and by doing that they'll release classic sooner than they otherwise would've.

youtu.be/CYkqw6BjPcw

This is what a top guild player looked like back in Vanilla.

This is the guys who insulted Blizzard all day for making """impossible""" raid fights. The guys who threatened to leave the game if Blizzard didn't listened to them.

If anyone finds out all tryhards would quit overnight and create 100 youtube video bashing classic. Each.

>When every fucking retard in Classic will go for their "Pre Raid BiS"
>I will go for full Dungeon set because fuck min maxing when you can look swag

Attached: 1550671969061.jpg (250x219, 14K)

Nice buffs

Same here. I already did all raiding content back in the time anyway.

I'll get comfy and get my full dungeon set.

>why is everyone playing this game that they don't actually like
>why is everyone larping that it's a success and bandwagoning it
>why is blizzard larping along and branching out from vanilla and slowly discontinuing retail

Attached: fgt.gif (390x373, 2.54M)

No consumables at all used. No abilities bound, wand on 1. Takes seven minutes to kill the eye, or around 3000 total raid dps.

Then they get to phase 2, first tentacle spawns and noone does anything, the priest puts up a dot and thats it, noone tries to kill it at all. You see a lock using drain life on C'thun with 99% damage reduction up. No wonder they thought it was impossible.

Attached: 1505781747702s.jpg (243x250, 5K)

Classic raids weren't challenging, the game was just a fucking mess of poor itemization and stupid requirements.

>Takes seven minutes to kill the eye, or around 3000 total raid dps.
Now do you see why ret pals are viable? How the fuck did they get there in the first place?

Ret pallies were never, have never, and forever will not be viable in classic outside of pre-TBC bug.

If you can get to C'thun with that shitty dps, then it's super viable.

>Not viable because less than 1% of the content you will be behind other class.

You can play ret pally from 0 to 60 and raid up until mid AQ without any issue.

People that don't play specs just due to very end game are fucking retarded. Most of you won't even get to go to AQ anyway.

>wand on 1
based

Attached: 1548517481589.jpg (380x349, 27K)

No one is giving a Ret Pally gear over a Warrior unless the content has been farmed for months.

The raids will be easy for anyone currently raiding at heroic and mythic.

Most of wows playerbase are mouthbreathing LFR champions and will strugle immensely with even normal dungeons.

There will be a lot of shit guilds struggling to progress through raids.

not viable for 1h naxx speedrun does not mean not viable in the general game

Now that I look back I played like shit with my hunter using meme specs and not even checking dps metter.

And I was able to clean AQ and got server first on C'thun and Ouro.

Min maxing in Vanilla is fucking useless, content is easy enough especially in 1.12.

retailfags actually think raiding is all that matters in wow lmfao
also
raids are easier in classic but RAIDING itself is harder faggot

Content hard when you have no gear, thats what class stacking for. If you want to play meme, make an alt instead of dragging others down.

>It's always "us vs them" in these threads
>nobody ever acknowledges that Classic is part of a regular subscription so people who pay to play either one are also supporting the other

Attached: big think.png (498x449, 151K)

i know right the whole journey is what makes classic fun, retails only worthwile content is raiding so retailfags have to constantly bring it up to justify to themselves that retail is worth playing

average retail player was too dumb for hardmode uldir and that shit was already way easier than any classic raid.

Attached: 1539255372241.png (657x527, 30K)

I play retail and haven't raided above LFR in 8 years

People are fucking stupid and need a boogeyman. If it wasn't retailfags it'd be XIV kiddies.

what, I can't censor my f*cking swears? F*ck you.

Attached: 1521735237619.jpg (478x371, 24K)

A troll warrior named CutieMctootie?

Fucking this. No one outside of legitimate autists with government stipends give a fuck about classic.

>play on private server
>was in one of the only guilds that was actually able to full clear AQ 40
>watch other guilds rage because they couldn't do it

Raiding isn't THAT hard to do in classic but good luck getting 39 other fags to buy consumes, get world buffs, decent gear and to not fuck up encounters.

Your average zoomer will try to run AQ 40 in greens and bitch on the blizz forums that it's impossible.

>tfw Classic will be the ultimate normie/casual filter

I look forward to seeing you guys on Azeroth again. Retail fags and zoomers need not apply

Attached: 1546367906145.jpg (408x408, 76K)

>Your average zoomer will try to run AQ 40 in greens and bitch on the blizz forums that it's impossible.

Just like the old days, great.

>Have to resub to wow to play shitty ass classic
So I can either pay to throw my life away a second time, or pay to browse the MMO equivalent to Farmville.

It's profoundly disappointing that Blizzard is incapable of recreating the actual patch cycle of Vanilla.

I won't be surprised if Naxx is already over Strat from the beginning, regardless of whether or not it's accessible.

>the most popular MMO ever
>the ultimate normie/casual filter

Attached: 1547427910720.jpg (403x433, 12K)

Disappointing but not unexpected. We're talking about a company too scared to modify the code for their own game because it was written in a terribly convoluted manner by people who don't work for them anymore.

They would unironically be better off just doing a WoW 2 than continuing to Frankenstein this ancient game's engine.

This is why 10 man raids are kino and ffxiv raiding is redeemed in my eyes by being 8 man.

Cut content has always been the biggest fucking kick in the teeth for WoW, when entire dungeons, raids, and expansions are rendered obsolete because they want to push people to the level/ilvl cap. They should have focused on reducing the manpower requirement so you still had to gear up through the tiers, but you didn't need 24 other people carrying you through it or dealing with 24 other people who all want gear but also will fuck off as soon as they can go play with their other friends.

Reminder that the 1st 6 months of Nost was the most pure vanilla experience and wont be recaptured.

Can some rank every specs from S to D/E tier please? For pve and pvp. I know feral and balance will be shit for both but I need to read it from a seasoned vanilla player.

God Tier:
Your favorite class/spec
Shit Tier:
Every other class/spec

The problem is, people bitched about being stuck in Molten Core, or in Karazhan. They wanted to see the current raid, gearing up for months in a cave with fire.

Blizzard has made a fuck ton of bad decisions, and I would agree with you that tier skipping (perhaps the first tier of an expansion can be skipped at the end), but realistically, a lot of the things that were changed over the course of WoW's life span was due to people bitching, and they bitched since Vanilla. Now that's a reality very few people are willing to accept.

>PVE
S tier: fury warrior, fire mage, holy pala
A tier: ds/ruin lock, holy priest, resto shaman, combat sword rogue

Would it make sense to go on a low pop private server and play to like, lvl 20 to see if I'd enjoy classic?

Attached: fragezeichemeitli.jpg (500x500, 109K)

God Tier
>Fury warrior
>Sword rogue
>frost mage
Good Tier
>SM/Ruin Warlock
>DM/Ruin Warlock
>Marksmen Hunter
Somewhat Acceptable Hyrbids In Certain Situations Tier
>Shadow Priest
>Ele Shaman
>Feral Druid(Bear)
>Prot Paladin
>Balance Druid
No Tier
>Enhancement Shaman
>Feral Druid(Cat)
OSHITNIGGERWHATTHEFUCKAREYOUDOING Tier
>Ret Paladin

ffxiv is better

ffxiv is not a real mmo

Vanilla raids are the essence of what made old MMOs challenging, in a way that only MMOs could provide.
You are not reading guides to learn mechanics or looking at rotations to try and squeeze a tiny extra bit of DPS over other people at similar ilvls, you are in a group where 1 person is trying to coordinate 40 fucking people most of whom don't know what the fuck is going on and a single mistake from any single person can end the whole fight.

It simply won't exist in that form in this day and age, where everyone is desperate to plow through content so they look up guides for absolutely everything.
And everyone already fucking knows that.

fury for pve? I would not have guessed it. I thought it only became a thing during TBC

ffxiv is just not a real videogame

comfy is just a code word for boring desu

fury warrior is highest dps in classic, too bad they generate too much threat to go all out in every fight

Cat pulls 2k deeps with wolfhead/gnomer mace swaps, but requieres inhuman amounts of autism to play.

casual guilds will get btfo. DOGZ wiped 10 times on Skeram

>Alliance biased.
Nigga if the Bridge GY is taken there is sweet fuck-all that the alliance can do to push the horde out, the ONLY thing they can do is stall and hope the horde fucks up hard.
The chokepoint works both ways, and the Horde GY is closer to the conflict.

Attached: _20181101_175644.jpg (600x304, 48K)

I'd do the same thing but I'd normally hang out at LM because I could see everything, treating it like an RTS with people under my command.

can wait for acti-blizzard to announce they chenged plans for vanilla. CAN WAIT

Attached: your-tears-are-delicious.jpg (432x600, 49K)

Can't fucking wait for this shitstorm.

nobody has ever used "raids are actually challenging" as a selling point for classic.
You couldn't find a bigger strawman than that if you went outside undercity on halloween.

as much as I am planning to play classic I hope this happens just for the outrage

Vanilla wasn't that hard though, there weren't too many gear checks. The checks were just early on. Early raiding especially with ZG and AQ40 allowing raiders to gear up quickly to get past MC and BWL. Only actual problems with gearing getting multiple resistance sets for 40 people.

Everyone who played vanilla knows this.

2k while other specs dps would be?

frost mage for pve? is this real? and wher is fire mage for pve?

Ion Hazzikostas is so against the idea of vanilla wow that he will sabotage it to stop people realising that current wow is dogshit. Everything Hazzikostas has done to wow has been received as a death throe to major parts of the same, the first being trial of the crusader.

Fire mage is at the absolute top by the end of aq40, complete gods at general clearing/aoe and beaten only by furies at single target damage.

WoW tokens and store mounts are guaranteed going to be in Vanilla, too.

Attached: I have altered the deal.jpg (800x902, 122K)

Look at the wow forums, r/classicwow or the mmo champ forums. Seems to be an extremely common view, and any priv players chiming in on the contrary are instantly shut down.

Private servers are easy because they use 1.12 talents. Only retards don't recognize this

Not relevant at all for naxx, and barely for aq. Mc and bwl sure, either way 1.12 talents will be in classic from the start too.

ion has no power, he is just a puppet agigated before our eyes, everything he does are either asked of him or approved before goind into prod/live.

Fire mages literally cant do anything for the 1st half of vanilla.

>wand on 1
Lol, me at lvl 30

Not relevant for naxx yeah, but if you actually played vanilla your realize how good those 1.12 talents are. Entire game outside of naxx wasn't designed around them.

>prove something that only the original code has

He's the lead encounter designer and is the reason the game has gone down hill in so many ways. Thinking he just "does what the board tells him" is equivocally false. The dude is a lawyer who makes shitty raids. Blizzards design was honestly better when raid tiers were fucking mathematically impossible.

>uined pvp meta with resil
All it did was create a new meta

This. Pretty easy job if whatever you do will be ignored and the board will be accounted for. Just change the designer. He didnt worked at all.

and that was 4 expansions ago.

>people are actually going to try ranking
>people are going to grind 14 hours a day, every single day, for months
And they're still not gonna get rank 14 due to wintrading chinks and russians

Attached: 1545252370663.jpg (540x720, 33K)

>He's the lead encounter designer
No he isn't, you have no idea what you're talking about. Ion hasn't been lead encounter designer since WotLK.
The lead encounter designer for WoW is some basedboy cuck with pride flags all over his twitter. Watcher is management.

As a guild that just got in a month or so before they dropped that announcement i will never NOT be mad at that.

That dedication filter of needing to get unlocks for dungeons was way better litmus test over time than looking to charts.

>This COPE'ing private server chink mad about retailers

Attached: 1548471568197.png (216x234, 26K)

>Not having your melee weapon on 1, at all times and for every class

Attached: yusei_fudo_10_by_ulimatepokemonnfan-d7puffu.jpg (614x726, 58K)

>The MMO what was made to cater for casuals who thought it was too hard to get into the other MMO's at the market at the time
>Nostalgiafag / Zoomer thinks Vanilla was hard

Attached: 1534128784107.jpg (960x689, 56K)

youtube.com/watch?v=0dkkf5NEIo0
LOL

Threadly reminder

Attached: 1508405422617.png (993x405, 95K)

oof yeah
vanilla world of warcraft was hardcore as fuck

lmao

About the feral druid. I dont remember the numbers, how much is 2k and how much fury warrior does. But feral druid with the proper setup and autism, like the other user said, is actually top tier. People were just too bad at vanilla and didnt know about it.

get on my lvl

Attached: crack sip.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

People playing fucking RuneScape around the time WoW got big even looked down on WoW players for being casuals and normies.
What a way to out yourself as a zoomer.

>People were just too bad at vanilla
What we been saying for a long time, but the vanilla apologists keep thinking that only hardcore people played it when it was literally the opposite

>here's your average classic player, bro

Attached: 1542135995932.webm (1120x700, 2.95M)

>/vg/ /wowg/

Attached: 1541527585933.jpg (720x405, 31K)

I just want to gank and camp noob zones. I don't even really need raid gear. I'll just use dungeon blues, a barman shank, etc since I probably won't be sucking any dicks or give a fuck to lead a guild this go-around to raid anyway.

Sure tier 2 and perdition / core hound is my favorite combo of all time, but I can camp Redridge as an undead rogue for eternity with just barman shank.

Anyone know any good classic vanilla servers to play on? I need people to play with.

Its natural on that time, we evolved a lot in all games. I used to play WoW, CS, DOTA, Warcraft 3... The list goes on, Everyone in general is way better player today, Back then if you had an idea about what you were doing, you were a god in most games.

good, i can't wait to play classic then

What the fuck, so this is what vanilla fanatics think is good gameplay

Attached: 1537904433264.jpg (1536x2048, 243K)

Having a girl in your raid / guild is already a huge no no.

I've seen countless guilds across all games get torn apart from girl gamer drama.

Never ever join a guild, a Discord, etc with a girl in it. It will not last.

>tranny
lol

>not getting nudes and laughing while the betas fight it out
lol

Attached: 1547725861449.jpg (750x980, 741K)

>Caring about some random thots nudes when there is tens of millions of nudes on the internet
You're still a cuck

Attached: 1536935588094.jpg (1080x615, 123K)

I want to impregnate

You can get nudes, signed nudes, timestamped nudes, it doesn't matter if you're already getting pussy IRL these thots will suck the dicks of the alphas of your guild and make them /gquit so fast over the dumbest shit, leaving you without main tanks or healers.

Always kick girl gamers, trannys, furries, gays, etc out of your guild and make it apparent that they are not welcome. If you don't your core players will be ripped from you later down the line.

not loving the feeling of knowing that you killed your guild by dialing the slut in her up to 11 for something as dumb as a few snapchat pictures

philistines

Attached: 1547725823690.jpg (2094x4032, 1.78M)

I still want to impregnate

>Frost Mage circa 2006
youtube.com/watch?v=7XMum39dD2w

>Frost Mage circa 2017
youtube.com/watch?v=OT9d92l3h_Y

There are examples of this for literally every spec and raid boss in the game.
The PVE gameplay objectively has more depth and a higher skill ceiling in retail (although BfA has gone backwards from Legion slightly) than at any other point in WoW's history. There is a much more obvious gap between the very good players and the average players, and the prevalence of sites like WarcraftLogs compared to WoWMeterOnline in the past has encouraged players to improve further than they would have previously.
PVP might be a different story, but a top-tier Vanilla raider will 99 times out of 100 be inferior at the game than a top-tier Legion mythic raider. I know, this statement absolutely makes you nostalgiacucks seethe and causes your blood to boil, but it is the truth.

What makes you think this is even an argument negro

>All those bloated buttons in vanilla frost mage
>They still only use Frostbolt

Attached: 1520760679482.jpg (800x600, 36K)

man what's the point of playing vanilla if you're going to be using an addon like DBM that spoils all the fight mechanics in advance?

Attached: dbm.jpg (211x130, 14K)

Only utterly deranged nostalgiafags and third-worlders stuck on private servers for the past 10 years would disagree with this.
The game has had to continuously evolve and change as people mastered each new set of content and class/spec reworkings.

These changes have also led to the current game being an absolute shitshow in so many ways.

Guys help, a friend of mine is influenced by WoW ecelebs so much so that he wants to play WoW Classic for the community sense while I argue that the community sense has been there from the start of the game. He also fucking sucks at actually reading the quests he's doing.

Attached: koksal.jpg (600x606, 43K)

Let him crash and burn

had to turn off addons for a cthun kill recently because we thought it was crashing us, was way more difficult than any mythic boss

link your Cutting Edge achieves

saw this webm in the other classic thread yesterday and i'm convinced its a tranny. look at it's chin

Him and so many others are gonna realize that Vanilla is shit, and it's gonna be fun to see all the people who have blind faith in vanilla to be shattered.
And of course, retards are gonna claim "N-n-not the real vanilla experience" like they are some commie screaming "not real communism"

Why the fuck would I play a game where Ret pallys are worthless? I don't want to be a heal bot, fuck that.

Esports ruined multiplayer gaming.

Mccool, please stop encouraging Asmon to be a cancer variety streamer, and don't encourage him to do shitty "box openings" on Apex

What I'm going to enjoy most is seeing a lot of the top retail raiding guilds dismantle Classic raids in a matter of minutes, while bands of "retail is for casuals" shitters struggle.

then don't raid dumbshit, they're atleast mediocre in pvp

i remember my first rag kill was when i went to toilet to shit and left my hunter on auto attack. i came back to a dead rag and they gave me 1 epic.

good times.

Lets face it, Asmongold life got better after he left WoW. all of sudden i get to know that he is banging a twitch thot with big tits.
Drop WoW bang chicks. Works for everyone, even him.

Time to re-read Eight Years in Azeroth.

Attached: originalwowlogin.jpg (1024x768, 106K)

WHOEVER IS SAYING TBC WAS PEAK WOW NEVER PLAYED IT, I HAVE A 70 ON NETHERWING (PRIVATE SERVER) AND IT FUCKING SUCKS, EVERYTHING IS HIDING BEHIND A REP GRIND, PVP FUCKING SUCKS, IF YOU ARE NOT A WARLOCK, UR FUCKED! THE FACT THAT THEY MADE 10 MAN RAIDS FUCKING SUCKS ASWELL, IT OPEN MORE DOORS FORE CLIQUES TO BE MADE, INSTEAD OF HAVING A GROUP WITH 40PPL, YOU SPLIT IT WITH 3~4 GROUPS MEANING ONLY THE MAIN GROUP WILL CLEAR CONTENT WHILE THE OTHERS WILL BE STUCK WIPING ON SHIT CUZ THEY DONT HAVE A GOOD LEAD.

Attached: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.png (400x416, 236K)

And if you payed any attention, he had a mental breakdown for not playing WoW and trying to variety stream, he was crying on twitter about stopping streaming forever because he got so much anxiety from not playing WoW and playing singleplayer games, and being afraid of leaving behind all the stuff he autistically farmed in WoW.

And there isn't really a accomplishment to fuck a twitch thot becasue you got some e-fame and money

You realize how dumb this is, defending blizzard who made Ret paladins worthless while they're supposed to be super strong and important in the lore?

Classic is cool, much more social interactions than later expansions, but if pallies are left in this state then I simply won't play

Attached: Brack Attack.jpg (1070x560, 246K)

This, he had a mental breakdown and cried about playing single player games.

I dont follow streams too much, just know the guy and open his stream when i have free time. Its okay, time will fix it. He will realize it that he can farm his dumb shit, play the game and still have time to play other games, just like anyone else.

this is not a girl, its a tranny, private servers are infested with them

>you were born right in time so witness the biggest shitshow in the MMO history

Attached: 1550096364370.png (274x242, 8K)

Is there any new or upcoming mmorpg that scratches the vanilla wow itch?
I've lost my faith on actiblizzard.

Attached: 1462646606083.jpg (1280x960, 159K)

>that scratches the vanilla wow itch?
what does this even mean? scratch the itch of doing the same fetch quests 100x over to get a carrot on the stick skinnerbox reward?

You mean you're in denial about how "good" vanilla was so you desperately try to avoid playing it so you don't end up hating it?
Go play FFXIV, it's perfect for wow-fugees

Attached: Games.jpg (998x1703, 482K)

Tera before all the loli and costume shit patches will be the closest as i got to vanilla wow.
The high level dungeons were actually a challenge and you had to work hard for your gear, also great wpvp.

Nicker

Attached: 1550530166282.jpg (640x640, 79K)

What will happen when pal rets and other shit specs start complaining and threatening to leave if they don't get buffed I wonder? The game has no point if there are no shitters playing it.

>tfw you find old shit like this
youtube.com/watch?v=n4TyqYsC26g
youtube.com/watch?v=_8mpnN2fVYQ

also fuck the new youtube recommend algorithm. i have checked every fucking "don't fucking tailor shit for me, nor remember anything i do or watch" and theres still not a single fucking wow related shit among the recommended videos, or indeed shit i havent seen already (whats the fucking point of recommending shit from my favorite list?).

Attached: 1300268144558.jpg (800x600, 119K)

>I've lost my faith on actiblizzard.
The mental gymnastics you nostalgiacucks will go through to avoid any blame or fault for getting your hopes up over an outdated and thoroughly beaten game.

nice filenames and gorillion reposts bro

legion+ frostmage is aids though. frostbolt does about the same damage as a rogues dagger autos and its just there to stack up procs which are RNG based.

Cringe-kino right there

>WHOEVER IS SAYING TBC WAS PEAK WOW NEVER PLAYED IT, I HAVE A 70 ON NETHERWING (PRIVATE SERVER)
So you never played it, but you're telling other people about what it's like?

Nice mental gymnastics

>was way more difficult than any mythic boss
shut the fuck up, you know that bullshit

Attached: 1524390503269.jpg (568x479, 46K)

dear god I couldnt finish either of these videos

The mental gymnastics is someone playing a private server and thinking it sucks and coming to the conclusion that anyone who likes it must never have played it.

Thank god the $15 sub gives you both. I can raidlog mythics and play an actual MMORPG the rest of the time

>Mythic raiding is har-

Attached: arcane mage.jpg (1356x848, 254K)

>It's impossible to dislike TBC for it's shortcomings
Kay

Now that's a strawman if I ever saw one.

Still more buttons than any vanilla spec

Now that's "spouting buzzwords when you got no arguments" if I ever seen one

The rotation is literally arcane blast > arcane blast.

Salad Bakers fucking sucks, they've just been doing the fucking raid every week since October '17 when it was released on their private server.

Zoomers are legit much better players than fucking Boomers. Sure, we couldn't raid when Classic came out because we were like 11 years old. Classic however will be the ultimate proof that Zoomers are the kings of gaming and are here to stay. I look forward to seeing all the Boomer tears on the forums, whining about how you have kids so you can't grind as much as these "noob Zoomers" and how they should casualize the game.

Arcane missiles and Barrage is still 2 more buttons used in that rotation, and it's not counting non-damaging spells that you use for rotation either
And it's still 2 more buttons than Arcane vanilla mage

If that's how they based their itemizing they're actually brain dead. Classic was full of items that should be weaker but are twice as strong because of dumb procs.

Epoch from WrA? oh fuck...oh fuck. I'm in your guild!

Shes the GL of Heroes Never die on Northdale. Her names Penny, she's a stoner and all around idiot.

It's worse. I've played it and it was shit. Couldn't even keep me playing for a month.

Do you want me to explain to you why it's a strawman? Because you made something up that I never said and then decided to use that as the argument.

I never said that it is impossible to dislike TBC. that was never said by either side of this discussion. What he said was that it is impossible to like TBC if you have played it, because he has experienced it now that he played on a dodgy private server for a little bit and that makes him the chief authority on the matter.

I called this out, and then you said I was doing mental gymnastics, to which I made a response elucidating my intentions of the post.

There were no buzzwords, nor have I lacked in arguments provided. This should be abundantly clear now that I have explained it to you in a way that is open to very little independent interpretation.

come back to wrath of the lich king combat

Attached: binds.jpg (648x328, 122K)

No it ain't...you got way more shit to press.

Arcane vanilla mage wasn't a thing so it's kind of a weak comparison. It's like a fire mage using fire blast a couple of times during an encounter. No, those spells are not used in rotation, they are used for procs, that is why they are only used 20 times while arcane blast is used 174 times.

>i really really doubt Blizzard have the scripting & values for 1.12 anymore
Are you retarded? Do you not think that a project of this size would have version control and back ups?

Do you think they actually delete patch 1.1 when they release patch 1.2?

I'm not going to argue that there aren't more buttons involved for almost every spec in the game in BFA, but arcane mage? It is the absolute worst example of that.

Yes! I missed spamming lightning bolt and clicking lava burst every 10 seconds. Truly a masterpiece.

I myself raided Hyjal when it was current, TBC was overrated to shit

>2.5sec gcd
not even once.

Attached: 1527701051314.jpg (919x960, 195K)

I'm pretty sure Blizzard didn't plan on having classic servers 13 years ago so why would they bother keeping outdated server side backups of those scripts?

Sorry I'm not gay or a furry

>FF
No thanks.

Because FF PvE is a bigger joke then Vanilla PvE

>TBC was overrated to shit
That is really beside the point. You never had to convince me that there were people who didn't like TBC, that really was not what any of this was about. There were even people saying WoW was ruined after vanilla back then.

SAM is fun at level 62, so many buttons to press off the GCD. It feels so fucking good actually to pop like 3 skills in a single GCD, and it would be impossible to do without the 2.5s GCD. Seriously imagine trying to weave 2-3 oGCDs within a 1.5s GCD. That shit is impossible. I guess this is what people meant when they told you it gets better later on.

t. level 30 lancer

Too bad nothing looks coherent and is just an explosion of random particle effects for everything you do

>I don’t understand what source and version control are!
>Why yes I work retail!
Learn to code.

This. People like to always make fun of raging guild leaders but you have no idea how stressful it is leading around a couple dozen people who can dick around and be unpleasant assholes with zero irl consequences

It’s possible when you don’t have a tickrate of shit and animation locked characters.
Get fast nigger.

ff animations shit all over wow wtf u talking about

also graphics settings exist. turn off particles.

did you play legion or wod where trying to fit 3 ogcds into a gcd caused your character to spazz out like a retard

I dont give a fuck about raiding, I just want to play a game that feels like an RPG

Attached: found wepon.gif (498x372, 183K)

Yes. And he did them.
And it’s fucking hilarious when you cheat yourself into retarded haste and your character is stuck at the start of the animation, sad that combat is challenging and requires attention so I can’t see my shitty character do some epic animations with zero weight or relevance.
It’s a tab bar mmo not an action game, your character could have no animations for skills and just wave his hand and the gameplay wouldn’t suffer (unless you are a graphix retard).

what are you playing, dance dance revolution?

Fuck in toons in mmos should look hella epic like in FFXIV with extremely epic names and animations for skills!

All the specs in vanilla could be played with a NES controller in raids and perform as good as a guy on keyboard and mouse

>japanese UI vs american UI

Attached: i3868839544.jpg (757x342, 151K)

soulful

What’s the the purple DK do?
Be a fag?

Isn't that the appeal of classic wow, the fact that it was accessible?

THIS WAS A FUCKING HELMET ALL THIS TIME AND NOT SOME GUY WITH WINGS GROWING OUT OF HIS ASS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 63463463464.png (283x280, 197K)

it was the first normie accessible mmo. you can reach level cap just by questing/mobgrinding by yourself not talking to anyone. rested exp was a very new mechanic back then so if you take a break for awhile you can come back and level up quickly.

Anyone who thinks Classic will be good that plays current WoW now is either a Zoomer, Retarded, never played Classic Wow, or all 3.

Only people calling for classic as a majority are people who never played and got in after Lich King had its prime.

They think it'll be nostalgic to return to Classic although they never played and are going to shit and piss themselves when they realize they've been play spoonfed WoW, and the game is nowhere easy as it is now, and i mean that in terms to raids and dungeons.

i see the asswings now. heh.

and dark souls can be beaten with a banana.

>Half of these are just fucking wrong if you've got someone else with a key to let you in

That was changed in a patch. You used to need the key yourself to get in.

agree on basically everything besides the fact that doing a current max m+ dungeon is 100% harder than any classic dungeon

Do you actually hold this belief yourself and ignore the vast majority that readily prove you wrong every time, or do you say this to get replies?

For kara yeah. For the normal instances like shattered halls and arcatraz? No.

and the backstab icon was actually a sword going into someone's back and not an orc having its eyes gouged out.

>backstab icon was actually a sword going into someone's back
oh really?

I'm 50/50 sure you needed the key for heroics as well. Then again, it's been so long...