Be honest Yea Forums

be honest Yea Forums

Attached: be honest.png (823x319, 13K)

GAMEPLAY footage trailers
word of mouth

At this point it's 95% none of these things, and instead just me playing it safe & buying games from established IPs that I like. I'm not complaining about it either, I never really was an innovationfag and would rather see games i've enjoyed get small improvements & basic changes to make the experience feel fresh enough & more enjoyable than the last, even then i'm content with a game that's just as good.

gameplay videos after some months of releasing.
i never buy full-priced just-released games.

Attached: steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_137883201_preview.gif (375x281, 2M)

playable demo
word of mouth
price
youtube, as in unedited gameplay from random people and not paid marketing material

I look at a game, and go with my gut.
it has been pretty right about games. I remember Portal when it was coming out. Everyone was saying it was just some lame puzzle game that would never take off.

Price, word to mouth is about as deep as I go.

Word of mouth and discounts for games I was on the fence about. Once in a blue moon I'll get a game based on a youtuber's recommendation.

Mostly this tho

Word of mouth, developer interviews and gameplay trailers. I've been playing videogames long enough that I understand my own tastes and know I'll enjoy something before I actually get it. I haven't been caught off guard by a bad purchase for 6 years.

Attached: jaypeg.jpg (823x319, 44K)

where's the option for Yea Forums?

Demo
Gameplay
Discounts

1. Price (unless I expect THOUSANDS of hours out of a game, there's no way I'm paying more than ~$30, there are just too many good AND cheap games out there)
2. Word of mouth (including USER reviews on metacritic which I always look up)
3. Influencers/Streamers/YouTubers (I typically watch some gameplay before deciding whether to buy a game, 90% of the time it results in my not buying a game I was considering buying)

This 100%

Those are the ones I checked.

>Quality isn't an option

Attached: E59081AD-17B9-4631-8DE3-2667E391FEE4.jpg (755x768, 51K)

>editorial/press reviews
Before the Internet really became a thing, sure. In 2019, I can't imagine how much of a cuck you'd have to be to tick that box.

>Word of Mouth
>Price
>Playable demo

Trailer
Demo

Playable demo and News
I make my own opinions unlike the rest of the retards ITT saying shit like word of mouth

>Before the Internet really became a thing
Not even then.

I remember reading a review of King of Dragon Pass all the way back in 1999 in a printed magazine, the reviewer rated it 1/10 (the lowest possible mark)

I actually got to play it over a decade after that, and the game turned out to be fucking awesome (for what it was, it's definitely not for everyone but 1/10 is a joke), a very solid 7/10 maybe even 8/10

>Word of mouth
>Discounts & promos
>Gameplay trailers