Reminder: Gravity Rush and the mid budget PS games are dead and it's all your fault

Reminder: Gravity Rush and the mid budget PS games are dead and it's all your fault

Attached: as the apple falls.png (1164x585, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pwffVchtY4A
youtu.be/nkdgCs16WB0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Friendly remidner that Toyama's new action IP was cancelled last year and that the financial performance of RE7 and REmake 2 have convinced the higher-ups to let him have another crack at Siren. Expect VR support due to the success of the former.

Should have made them exclusives to vita or port them to switch. It's idiotic to make the games available to a massively powerful system full of AAA games while yours is a mid budget one.

If Kat's games were ported to the switch, the franchise would not only come back to life but be a huge success. facts.

>and it's all your fault
Fuck you, liar.

Attached: GRAVITY RUSH™ 2_20170506233456.jpg (3840x2160, 414K)

Bought I bought her game

Attached: 1548379261082.png (995x803, 380K)

youtube.com/watch?v=pwffVchtY4A

It's too late for a GR thread...

Attached: 1485842606000.jpg (1920x1080, 498K)

>tfw supporting her on the Vita from day one
Kat deserves better.

mfw Gravity Rush got the bad end.

Attached: 1538097042298.jpg (540x472, 54K)

>tfw bought GR, GR Remastered, GR2, and stuff like Tearaway, Freedom Wars, and Soul Sacrifice

Yeah, you can fuck off with your guilt tripping.

But I bought Gravity Rush on vita, The Gravity Daze PS4 SE, Gravity Rush 1 and 2 physical and digital editions, and the figmas.

I gotta wait and see. It's easy to think this is happening when we're in between gens right now.

>bought a PS4 used because fuck Sony
>buy all my AA exclusives brand new and at full price
>don't support movie games at all
>mfw Sony this year and last year
Glad the PS5 won't have any worthwhile games

Attached: 1503444844028.jpg (869x873, 407K)

Yea Forums is not to blame for mid-budget games dying. It’s the fault of normie gamers who won’t play anything but generic AAA games, F2P bullshit, and the occasional meme indie game (think Undertale or Shovel Knight).

I bought gravity rush remastered, 2, and tearaway unfolded the first day I got my PS4 ALL PRE-OWNED IM SO SORRY EVERYONE

Attached: EF146310-3ADC-4F22-A7C6-79CA72418B8D.png (1334x750, 1.45M)

I dunno, for a board of supposed videogame enthusiasts, Yea Forums-at large doesn't really get behind niche games in any great capacity.

I remember shit posting so much back in 2012 during the release of this game when Sony fanboys were convinced it was going to save the vita.

I remember being the only user to make threads about Kats game back when it came out.
Everyone is a fucking year or 2 late with these crocodile tears.

I used to make treasure hunt threads a couple times a week around release.

I make Forbidden Siren threads occasionally too but they never get more than about 10 replies ;_;

Attached: 20180416_1144_15214_.jpg (1024x1024, 80K)

I remember your threads user, and since the apple hunts end (and my controller not working anymore a week after that) I haven't played GR2 in a while.

I need to buy a controller soon.

Oh, I absolutely wasn't the only one who did make them, I was just saying that there were a few of us who actually did make GR threads that weren't just waifu circlejerk/hentai dump threads.

Attached: GRAVITY RUSH™ 2_20171010220924.png (1920x1080, 2.26M)

>bad end
>rerelease and sequel completely unexpected
>short animation and manga
sony killing the online and swearing off of non-blockbuster games is shitty but gravity rush did better than most new ips.

The Switch is a consolelet and can't run GR2.

>hey lets make a game world thats HUGE
>what can the players do in this world?
>nothing but its HUGE

they shot themselves in the foot

Attached: GRAVITY RUSH™ 2_20180511234024.jpg (1920x1080, 102K)

>what was the point in designing a combat outfit like this

Attached: GRAVITY RUSH™ 2_20180815003122.jpg (1920x1080, 87K)

>what can the players do in this world?
treasure hunts and photo sharing

Attached: 1549499532288.jpg (773x659, 35K)

>could have put mini-games instead of making a giant boring world

this game had potential, HAD

Should've made it for PC honestly i think the characters are cute and the gameplay looks fun as fuck, but I'm not gonna become a consolecuck just for one random irrelevant game, if i didn't do it for bloodborne.

Would've bought it on PC for sure

Attached: im not lewd.gif (500x348, 74K)

what is really is is that PS4 shitters are just sitting there feeling sorry for themselves. if you don't have a PC, you should build one. we are not sony's audience anymore. i'm thinking of getting a switch as well, but my 3DS is honestly good enough

what do you think the races and challenge fights were?

>mediocre story
>barley any replayability
>kill the servers that a small dedicated community still used

I think they got the word about censorship and cutting out the A and AA games early, so they jumped ship before Sony had to take action

Attached: GRAVITY RUSH™ 2_20180719231415.jpg (1920x1080, 214K)

>tfw bought the ps Vita GR and all its DLCs
>bought GR2 and Remaster on the PS4
>Got my friends into it
>"my" fault
fuck off OP. I love Kat and wished her nothing but the best.

Attached: 1549585464961.png (600x979, 185K)

>why isn't this first-party sony game on x platform
i don't know what you people expect when you make these posts.

The same as the first game, maybe I shouldn't have gotten the Gold trophy for every mini-game in the first GR

I'm telling you why on my opinion the strategy of making it a sony exclusive contributed to its doom, what's confusing for you exactly?

she is a smelly exhibitionist hobo

Attached: GRAVITY RUSH™ 2_20180511232223.jpg (1920x1080, 89K)

>get PS+
>get streaming service on PC
>don't even need to buy a PS4

granted you'll get 20 fps and input lag

>the guys saying "hurr not muh fault i bought all these games"
for what fucking purpose do you need to spout out this information?

sorry but I am not wasting my time with casual-tier videogames

only AAA titles with at least $80.000.000 budget and 90+ metascore for me

I don't support any streaming gaming service user, because I want ports not a bandaid. If i buy into it then I will be sending a message to game devs that having your game locked to 1 console is good enough. In my opinion of course.

Attached: squish the ham.jpg (640x800, 60K)

Smelly, stinky hobo deserved to die. Gross!

What makes you assume that just because something is on switch makes it a success?
While I think I would consider these guys low-budget and not mid, the guys making this game are an in-house Sony team. And a lot of the "mid-budget" experimental projects are on PSVR

Attached: concrete genie.jpg (1067x600, 173K)

The use of neon light and some of the monster designs in Concrete Genie actually gives me a bit of a Folklore vibe. Am I the only one?

Attached: 1019e497415f482743761c89cfe3709e--folklore-concept-art.jpg (382x600, 30K)

Nah, it's the game's fault. You know that the game is going to be padded like shit when literally the first sidequest you get is hunting down 10 chickens scattered across your village. What a glorious first sidequest. A fucking fetch quest.

RE7 and RE2make aren't big successes though. They are a success because the RE Engine lets them save money. Both of those games don't even come close to RE5 and RE6 sales.

>mfw most of the games I got on my PS4 is niche stuff
>Never really got first party AAA stuff except Until Dawn Rush of Blood on sale
>MFW No Heroes Allowed VR is fun
>MFW Astro Bot is fun
>MFW JapanStudio is fucking dead despite putting out the best stuff Sony has because creativity doesn't sell as much as Oscar Bait
It wasn't just GR, user...

Attached: 1527264991222.png (726x662, 677K)

I see it for sure. Only recently heard about Folklore when looking up Puppeteer and whether or not to pick that game up

Attached: 220px-Folklore_Screen.jpg (220x123, 12K)

no one cares about your garbage game

re6 sold a lot but it was a financial flop because they spent way more on it than they made back.

Almost none of Capcom's games come close to RE5/6 sales. You don't need to sell 10 million copies to be a success if the budget accounts for that. In the case of RE7, it did and they've stated that the game did fine. RE2make is still making its mark but it's looking good.

Just remember that JAPAN Studio does have some announcements for us this year. And its not like the higher ups don't like them. Shawn Layden still as Astro as his twitter icon

Attached: 18446998_10209268623732639_2728502227281391643_n.jpg (960x960, 54K)

Didn't like Puppeteer much but Folklore was a pleasant surprise.

Is OP's image part of a larger chart though? It looks like one of those "how [x] reacts in a relationship" or whatever they are. Sauce in general would be nice. Google ain't helping as usual

I bought 2 and 1st game twice. No you.

Bubeli?

Attached: 1550141793112.jpg (731x832, 68K)

Both are worth getting. Puppeteer especially since it's dirt cheap for a sealed copy.

The way that game was treated and basically sent out to die was really depressing. Though it's funny that when Gavin Moore originally pitched the game, it was based around traditional Bunraku theatre, but Yoshida shot it down and told him "No, a game with this aesthetic won't sell", so he was made to change it to a more Western aesthetic. Then it comes out in its final state, is barely promoted (thanks in part to releasing only a couple months before the PS3) and flops anyway.

Attached: MG_6205-630x252-1478074619.jpg (630x252, 61K)

private server when

It's entirely Sony's fault. All the time I considered Gravity Rush as some gimmicky Vita game and didn't expect much from GR2. I even pirated first game on my Vita TV to check if second game is worth it and after playing for an hour I was really impressed. Game was so damn comfy so I instantly bought both games for PS4. GR2 was just an amazing adventure so many awesome moments and that returning to Heckseville and seeing it with all new fancy visuals was just so great. I'm still mad they decided to turn off the servers, the indirect multiplayer was so well integrated.
But well, at least we got the full story and two great games. I also will never ever buy a Sony's system before jailbreak. First time in my life I decided to start supporting developers and games and I got this. Censorship and removal of good games. Fuck snoy.

Attached: 24068671_324795671331801_320479872635427860_o.jpg (1082x836, 174K)

Port her to PC and Switch where we will take better care of her.

Hi, we’re quality games that were sent out to die by our publishers and subsequently flopped. Hope you supported us!

Attached: 6B6863FD-F846-4074-BFA3-23BAF36BDF4D.jpg (1644x2048, 832K)

Ever Oasis looks so cute. Now I'm sad it flopped.

Attached: 63347823434.png (250x241, 67K)

Maybe they shouldn't have made the gameplay so shit.

>chibi art
And nothing of value was lost

Sooner they come to PC the better

You should get it! If you enjoy '00s Zelda and the PS2-era Level 5 games, I'd be surprised if you didn't like it.

Debatable even if everyone on Yea Forums bought it, it still wouldn’t be enough
Japan studio isn’t dead and isn’t even close to that point if anything they’re gearing up for PS5

I tried my best, but Sony hate and censored Japan games now for some reason

Attached: 123.png (961x178, 10K)

Gravity Rush was shit. I can't believe I put 20 hrs into Gravity Rush 2 because of some memes. The protag makes me wish gravity magic was real so I can send her into the sun.

I still question that with an install base of practically everyone for the PS4, how you people think GR would do better on Switch's 30 million, and PC's flooded market of storefronts and shovelware taking up the new releases

Attached: 1548828284885.jpg (359x347, 66K)

Man IT WAS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT, stop spamming those threads!

It's just bluntly trying to copy Nintendo games and failed horribly

Huh, I never thought anything of this game until now. And GR2 has 2B's skirt, I have to get the game now.
Also, if the PS5 doesn't play PS4/3/2/1 games while Xbox can play its predecessors' titles? Sony can go fuck themselves. And no, I don't give a shit about PSnow.

The same way all other ports usually do better on PC consolefriend

Attached: 1487922851817.jpg (2048x1596, 597K)

>all other ports usually do better on PC
Debatable

I don't think Sony browses this site user

does anyone have sauce on OP's image though? neither tineye or google gave me results

Attached: scream machine.png (127x128, 27K)

i just love Kat's feet my dudes

artbook, it shows all characters emotions

Did you buy Tokyo Mirage and censored Fire Emblem?

>stop spamming those threads!
Kek not the OP but I barely see gravity rush threads, if people like those then fuck off
>muh nintendo
Not everyone is so fucking obsessed with nintendo as you, autistic

Fuck you OP. I love Kat

I don't have any Nintendo console yet.

Playing GR Remastered right, really enjoying it.
I got it digitally because I couldn't find a physical copy which fucking sucks but at least I can play it,

I'm playing it now with PS now for free, fun game. Kinda suck the second game isn't listed yet.

It's on sale right now. Bought it for like $12. $12 - what's that, like the price of 2 ugly reskinned guns in any other triple A game?

Attached: capture-20190222-034833.png (607x371, 238K)

Yeah Gravity Rush 1 Remastered only got a limited physical release as an Amazon exclusive, while I'm thankful I got mine, I don't think anyone blames you for not getting a physical copy. Especially when they're all second hand.

Attached: 20180407_0356_08050_.jpg (1024x1024, 67K)

she would do great, ironically kat is a nintendo character in ps clothing. unique gameplay and a iconic character design were the main draws which is basically every nintendo ip ever. never gonna happen

Not my fault the game has shit gameplay

Call me once it is on PC

>limited physical release as an Amazon exclusive
>Amazon exclusive
I fucking hate this meme, why the fuck would you make something a [Web Store name] exclusive? Did Amazon pay for the exclusivity or something? Fucking piece of shit the internet really was a mistake

Hopefully someday it'll be. Nude mods and PS2 emulated games, I can't wait to join the PC master race. (I'm 100% serious, this is actually why I'm going to sink around $1,800 into a new PC build).

My main thing is though, there are 90 million PS4s out there. Theres gonna be a lotta crossover between the two platforms. And outside of more marketing which is always the dream, I have my doubts that the game would be 'saved' just because it was on switch. Cause even when you have an install base and game selection as small as the Vita, theres question as to whether or not the Vita version pushed over a million in sales

They knew it would just sit on shelves, idiot. Nobody who buys these games buys them from actual stores, anybody witn half a brain buys everything on amazon anyway.

It's not my fault, I stopped buying Playstations after Sony stopped producing fun games

How is that a nintendo character? There were lot of colourful characters during the ps2 era.

I was thinking of getting it but then I heard the online was shutting down so I backed out.
Game has cute as all hell girls though.

Attached: 67845848_p21.jpg (709x1049, 783K)

ok but do you have to be this rude?

I can proudly say I buy AA games so it is not MY fault.

>why won't Sony stop doing move games
>I don't want that non movie game because it's not on switch
?

no user i'm sorry

I forgot to unlock gravity shifter 1.0 before the servers shut down. Why did the servers even shut down? I can't imagine it cost much to maintain

Does that mean Kat will be forced to sell her body?

AA games died a harsh death in the west already. I really hope Japanese devs can at the least keep them going. AA generally feels more daring.

>spending $1800 on a shitpost and emulation machine

Realistically? Probably because they didn't charge for online aspect and it wasn't driving PS+ subs.

Gravity Rush 2 didn't really light up the charts, but I'd be shocked if it lost money. It's clearly not a high-budget game, it was barely promoted outside of Japan and sold around 350-400k copies. So not awful all things considered.

pleajeune and the outfit she borrowed from 2b exist for a reason

Attached: 20170514_0152_1479964_.jpg (1024x1024, 49K)

I always equate the people that buy high spec PC's for gaming alone to the people who buy sports cars to drive around a traffic logged city all their life.

I found the happy version of OP's cropped pic. Well, to everyone who supported Kat's game, I wish you good night. Even to the guy who boguht it all used

Attached: __kitten_gravity_daze_drawn_by_flaxvivi__sample-eda2fde159456740cb5208b882ac90c3.jpg (850x478, 146K)

Yeah i remember those threads. A few threads started happening when this trailer dropped
youtu.be/nkdgCs16WB0
but they only got like 10 replies in total.

Before that it was basically a desert.

Sushi Striker looked terrible in the direct, is it actually good?

>Friendly remidner that Toyama's new action IP was cancelled last year a
Source, or is this speculation based on him saying '18 was a rough year?

I wasn't aware he was even confirmed to be working on a new game yet, though I know he said that he wanted his next project to be action adventure like GR but not be GR3.

So let me get this straight.
They didn't know what to do with the lost children story, so they just made DLC to make it have never happened?

Maybe they shouldn't have been shit.

If they were on Switch, games would have been 100% better

They'd still have been shallow, repetitive tech demos.

So Nintendo game

No, they would be the same, only that nintenshills would praise to heaven such mediocres games

Sony needs to give more love to Sony Japan and fire (((people))) from ND. I miss Jack games

>it's all your fault
I bought her games, what more do you want?

Fuck off. It was just a photo minigame. Stop over exaggerating.