About to play through this game for the first time, what am I in for?

About to play through this game for the first time, what am I in for?

Attached: Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_cover.jpg (220x275, 27K)

Also no I am not a zoomer I just never played this game back in the day

the first game where it becomes obvious rockstar can't actually write worth shit

Alot of bowling

A tech demo with boring gameplay slapped on.

All the best stuff being locked out of your reach for a long time.
A game that is supposed to be about stealing cars, that is actually mostly about getting out of the car and playing mercenary on foot.

the best game Rockstar ever made

the best story-driven game ever made, in fact. I'm not even joking.

Its shit play V

A character that can't stop bitching about violence while running over cops.

op here, V is fucking shit. That is the worst world map rockstar has ever done.

I need to try it too. Played four or five missions on the PS3, but never got around to beating it. Just got the XBONE complete version, so looking forward to it.

Then you'll hate Liberty City.

some of the best video game atmosphere and art direction of all time as well as a good story and a very entertaining physics engine. basically everything V lacks.

>V has the same engine except less exaggerated
>zomg muh silly ragdolls

I bet you were 8 when you first played it.

its very funny to see the videogame men stumble around

It's alright.

Yeah for a few minutes.

>some of the best video game atmosphere and art direction of all time
It looks terrible. The whole city is just washed out grey and brown. III's Liberty City is much better.

FLASH
LIGHTS

The worst fucking economy in any video game - period. There is nothing to spend your money on besides clothes and guns. You get hundreds of thousands of dollars from missions and you just sit on it for the whole game. The bank heist is pointless.

IV map is the polar opposite of V

Dull, grey, and with nothing to do.

Car and gun controls that will have you quit the game unless you have shit tastes. Wish there was a mod for that shit so that I could see if the story was at least any good.

I never understand the people who whine about V's "empty map" when IV's map is literally the same only instead of 100 foot mountains in the way you get 100 foot buildings, 95% of which can't be interacted with in anyway.

>oh but there's one missions where you can enter a a rnadom apartment building and go to the roof
Okay, and? You can't enter any of the rooms.

I played it with trainer for more immersion. Gave myself a bug if a mission required to use heavy firearms, or a bulletproof west (the model, not just buff to a healthbar) if the upcoming mission would require a lot of shooting.

The game is really immersive, in-depth simulator of urban mercenary. It was a first GTA to make me drive cautiously and to not kill pedestrians and cops.

Consequences the Video Game

>Pick becoming a good guy
>NOO MY GIRLFRIEND
>Choose keep being an asshole
>NOOOO COUSIN

Fuck that

Probably my biggest complaint.

Not just that, the other options

>either your annoying cousin or your annoying perma-virgin wannabe psychologist girlfriend dies
yawn

>Hating on the best part of the game only second to the rastaman

Save yourself the time and just play the Episodes, OP.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 47K)

GTA V simulator or Bikey Bike Wooooooo

>gta with the best story
>I'm a zoomer and I HATE IT

>best
i mean you get to kill one of the two worst characters in the game so maybe

the ending was a complete cluster fuck that made no sense. there is literally no reason to do the deal ending
>cousin dies
>you get the 250k when you beat the game anyway (and get to spend it on nothing because there is no economy)
>you have to work for the antagonist knowing he's gonna betray you anyway

bowling, janky car physics, and swings

If Deal ending doesn't make sense to you, than don't do it? What exactly is a problem here?

because it's a case of putting "choices" into the game for the sake of having choices rather than actually having reasons for each one. it's one thing to have a best ending but to have an ending with no purpose is retarded.

Lots of fucking around with the car physics when you get bored

4 and 5 are zoomer-tier

t. contrarian retard who's trying really hard to fit in

GTA 4's issue is not the writing at all. It has many issues but the writing is not one

what? GTA IV is a prime example of zoomer era gaming

>I come to America for new life, cousin!
>*runs over pedestrians*
>*robs a bank*
>*commits mass murder*

>"i smuggled people, sold people, killed people"
>"perhaps here, it will be different"
>commits literal genocide

There is a reason to choose "Deal". Greed. It's up to you to decide whatever you Nico will succumb to greed or stick to his principles.

What qualities of "zoomer era gaming" does it display?

>greed
you don;t get any extra money for doing it though. it MIGHT make sense if the 250k reward was locked behind the deal option but it's not. if you chose revenge you get the 250k after the final mission.

>if you chose revenge you get the 250k after the final mission
Wait, you do? I don't remember that. What's the source of money in the Revenge ending?

most forgettable gta ever

my ass

>what am I in for?
A decent game. It's no masterpiece, but it's not bad by any means. Better than V, not as good as SA or VC.

no idea. but if you do the deal ending you get $250k, then $0 for the actual final mission where you kill dimitri. if you choose revenge you get $0 for the mission where you kill dimitri then you get $250k after killing pegorino. so either way you get the $250k

Well shit. I guess you were right.

being released in 2008.