Tetris 99

Why are people surprised that when they find out they enjoy this as much as they do?
it's literally Tetris
when's the last time anybody hated tetris

Attached: Switch_Tetris99_logo_02-770x433.jpg (770x433, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jDWjRucRBgc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

when ubisoft put out this piece of shit

Attached: Tetris_Ultimate_cover_art - Copy.jpg (283x352, 24K)

people dismiss tetris as
>that one game my mom played on my gameboy
now that it's coated on battle-royale paint they felt compeled to play it and realized it's actually the absolute perfect game

I am so fucking bad at tetris its actually depressing
Ill get 3/4 lines before losing and go very slowly, while other people are building towers to match in seconds

just won a match knocking out 4th, 3rd, and 2nd place
feels fucking good, this game is a miracle

Attached: dante.jpg (557x443, 35K)

nerf t spin

>no switch
>tetris with friends 2p isnt even pvp
>jstris full of 30 year veterans
>ppt dead on pc / last 3 people playing have been playing since birth
back to nullpomino

Attached: 1544563314279.jpg (613x587, 16K)

Does doing T-spins do anything special like send out shit to opponents?

it’s the same as doing a tetris

currently in a love hate relationship with it
I'd play 2 games, rage, put my switch in the dock
and then playing another match an hour later

>match about to start
>this shit happens

Attached: Dz_QWmiUwAA2G8B.jpg (1280x720, 276K)

What does the 99 stand for?

Tetris 99th anniversary this year

99 players. See , 49 on the left, 49 on the right, and you in the middle.

Anyone else watch the world championship?

Fucking pro level tetris is amazing

Neat. So you're competing with other players? Can you directly affect them as you play?
>May 17, 2018 - “As Tetris heads into its 35th anniversary year, we are so excited to announce these new partnerships.
>t. tetris.com

Holy shit TGM4 confirmed

It sends twice the lines you clear as garbage, making it more efficient than a tetris

>Neat. So you're competing with other players? Can you directly affect them as you play?
Yes, you can choose to attack a random player, the player closest to death, the player with the most badges (gained with KOs and give bonus attack power), or everyone attacking you.

every time you clear lines, an amount of garbage lines is sent to the bottom of your target's board
you can pick your targets while you play

Huh, cool concept. This actually reminds me of this mmo pirate game I used to play back in the day. Puzzle Pirates. They had a sword fighting puzzle that was similar to what you're describing. Lines/blocks and combos cleared would be used as attacks on the player you were fighting. You could also fight in groups, and multiple people could choose to target one person to accelerate their chance of death.

I played at a friends house and got 4th a few times.
I came to the conclusion that the remaining people are always tetris gods and there wasn't anything I could do to beat them.

youtube.com/watch?v=jDWjRucRBgc

I'm pretty mediocre at tetris and even I have won a few times.

Switch to "Attacker" and just focus on short and fast clear.

Anons will tell you to do 4wide or some other gay bullshit. The only thing you need to do is Tetris and you will win eventually.

Tetris Axis is the only Tetris on the 3DS and you can't convince me otherwise

>farm money from shitters in poker
>spend money on a fuckhuge ship + supplies
>sail the seas and engage in piracy with the boys
god i miss this game so much

BR galaga when

>tetris 2
>it's just dr. mario with tetrominoes

Attached: snes_tetris_2_p_p034zg.jpg (640x446, 121K)

I started back on Midnight shortly after the beta ended when it was the only sub ocean before the doubloon oceans were introduced. It was a wild ride for young me and the ocean was a lot more mysterious before teleportation potions were introduced. The devs even made a lot of guest appearances on docks from time to time. I lost my leg during a blockade on Cranberry. Was top sailor in the entire ocean for a hot minute too. I feel that poker ruined the drive for players to pillage once they realized it was way easier to game money that way, ESPECIALLY on doubloon oceans where you could effectively buy game currency with real money. It's too bad the game was never adapted for HD. I think the original devs sold it? Been forever since I played it.

Attached: forgotten temple.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

I'm still baffled as to how they fucked that up. I didn't even think that was possible.

But that's the best, you can get a shittton of KOs from it if you're fast enough.

>got 2 wins in a row today
>fucked up a block placement when my phone was ringing in the top 5, ruining my chance of winning 3 in a row.

Up to 10 wins now boys.

The focus these last years in game have placed into graphics, cutscenes, open world and such made many forget the purity that is playing just because it's fun to do so. Enter Tetris which for my money is as perfect a videogame as you can make, leading many are now seeing the light again.

Play Cultris II my dude