It just feels like another Metro game, its not bad of course, but how come there have been so few threads about it?

It just feels like another Metro game, its not bad of course, but how come there have been so few threads about it?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 3.51M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobalt_bomb
youtube.com/watch?v=xflR8jM5YKs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Metro wasn't much worth discussing to begin with, I imagine.

The pc launcher controversy

Who cares, it's cracked anyways so if you really don't want to support Epic you don't have to.
Nobody protests other games on other launchers to this degree.

it was never a wildly popular series in the first place. also theres probably a /vg/ thread going.

I don't believe there was ever a Metro general, just stalker, and nobody there likes metro at all.

Haven't played it because I'm willing to wait for it to come to steam and I've got more than enough games on my backlog to chip away at.

Also these

The game already came out? Wow. Dead on arrival much.

It’s a great game but man I hate how they skipped Autumn. And Summer was a super fast level.

I don’t care, I just know it got shitposted super hard here for it

waiting for it to come to steam as well
I absolutely refuse to put up with marketing shit like the "controversy", preorders, etc. I'll buy it in a year or two when it costs $20 and enjoy it then

Is Metro good? I've got the first one for free years ago, but never played it.

For some reason if the mere fact it can't be played on Steam hurt it more than anything. It's a retarded reason not to play a game, but a lot of people has used that excuse.

It’s selling well actually. Better than their previous titles by a huge margin.

>waiting for it to come to steam as well
>I absolutely refuse to put up with marketing shit
I bet you have a launcher other than Steam on your pc(like origin), or a game on your pc that doesn't use steam.
You're just doing what other people are doing.

It's worth playing, it's not very long and it's linear.

I genuinely do not have any other launchers, and refuse to buy games from other places (except GOG)
Some of my games don't use steam since they're very old, sure, but none of them need 3rd party programs hogging resources and slurping up my data

Is it ever explained why The Moscow metro is blocking radio signals in the game? I know in the book there's an Illuminati thing going on. But after they leave the metro everyone just seems to forget about it.

Wow the game is cracked! Wow steam is DRM! Wow you're a fucking idiot!

Miller says they are trying to prevent anybody from knowing Moscow has any survivors, so if they kill all radio chatter they seem dead.
Honestly it just sort of leaves it at that. He's afraid of the West.

Why would I care if it's cracked? I still want to pay the devs for their effort, just not on some shit service I'll buy only one game off of

I mean they make it to the other side of russia and never once saw the occupying forces. So I think there was still a shadow government

Might pick it up for PS4 this weekend. Would have bought it on PC instead, but no Steam no buy.

because Yea Forums enjoys trashing games more than discussing good games and Anthem is about to come out

Still can't decide if I want to try Anthem or not.

the gist of the reviews is that the flying is cool but the game is otherwise hollow and devoid of real value

Whats with that shitty filter that makes everything looked washed out. When putting your mask on and off it goes away for an instant and you can see how good the game would look without it.

>no Steam no buy
why? do you hold stake in the company or something?

Does the game have the shitty story of the newest metro book?

Its not terrible but its worse than 2033 and last light.
If 2033 was 9/10 and last light was 8/10 I would put this one somewhere around 5/10

>early game (hardcore)
>wow I'm getting raped by all these shrimp
>fucking all my resources go into morphine with these cyka

>after area 1
>How can I spend MORE resources?
>guess I'll feed mud directly into my chamber

I hear the final hour of this game is kino. Do people here agree? I've not played it myself so I'd like to know.

Game has filters for time of day. Dawn looks most vivid imo

No, I just don't want Chink spyware on my machine

What if I thought Last Light was a 5/10?

because reddit(now Yea Forums) is assblasted over epic store

any way to fix the save bug not letting me save?

It should save automatically at checkpoints every few minutes. The only other way that ive seen to save is quicksaves. And if you are playing ranger hardcore quicksaves are disabled. Is it not saving ever for you?

The problem with metro is that you can't fully appreciate it if you are not a slav. The meticulous attention to details in the surroundings is not nearly as effective on somebody who didn't have "that same table" or "that same fucking stupid fish decanter" or "that same carpet" in his own micro-flat that was falling apart even before bombs fell.
When that overwhelming nostalgia is gone you are left with a serviceable game that is OKAY. Maybe a bit dialogue-heavy which is a good thing. Can't judge the dialogues or actors, but pretty sure it should lose some points due to inability to translate idioms and accent from russian as well.
So it's around 8/10 for a slav and 6-7 for a non-slav.

not only Yea Forumseddit but pretty much the whole pc commnunity is 100% against chink store
also this was the exact same reaction when Origin came out

>my shithole isn't represented accurately
0/10

Restart game
Do not check pause menu
Just start walking in any direction
Wait for game to autosave
???
Profit

I have like, 3 theories about why it happens, but this seemed to work.

meant for

well, it's only available on one store for PC where the most players are

>Where the most players are
Don't call thepiratebay a store, it's silly.

at some point it just doesnt let me save and refuses to save a checkpoint

Did work?

What the hell happened to the videogame thread on /t/? I was looking forward to playing this.
I can't even find it in the archive.

Why is that bunker Anna fell in so strange? There's the body of a dead dog, a hole in the ground that looks like you should be able to drop into with green mushrooms, and a tunnel in the back of one of the rooms and you can almost make out something at the end of it.

I thought so. It’s essentially the best aspects of metro in one long level.

ill try it later but i appreciate the help, im sure restarting the game will fix it either way

It was one of the earliest showcase previews they had, so it probably was specifically made to highlight mechanics/graphics. That untouchable mushroom is strange though. It's like they forgot to make the hole deeper to make sense for a mutant to crawl out of it, but they just forgot to update it on release... also there's probably an invisible barrier over the hole preventing interaction with the shroom.

Attached: info.png (640x2564, 23K)

Game is well optimized as fuck. I get 40-60+ fps with a 750 ti

I can appreciate that Anna has jiggle physics, if not a bit exaggerated, but Katya also has them and she's wearing the most widowed conservative clothing and that just ain't sittin right for me.

Any way to get rid of stuttering? what should I turn down? Playing on 1080p on DX12 Ultra. It mosly runs fine.

rx580 8gb, AMD FX8120 3.6(could probably overclock more), and 8gb of ram 1666

Attached: 1537416061183.jpg (366x477, 42K)

task manager, right click metro, goto details, right click the exe, set priority to high

Ok thanks gonna try that.

Caspian Sea is fucking lame. Imagine if they made the Volga twice the size instead

Game is pretty boring 2bh, just finished escaping the religious cult. Does it get better?

>snow melts off during the day and blankets surfaces again at night
Hey, that's a nice touch.
Also, is anybody else having issues where Artyom stops walking forward when you hold W, and it feels like he hit an invisible wall? Shit happens constantly, it's getting fucking annoying

Attached: 1527724024702.webm (960x540, 2.92M)

played an hour of metro, a couple hours of last light, boring games desu. i just don't give a single fuck about the story and the gameplay is mostly shit, tries to be a survival horror and a shooter and a stealth game, fails at all 3. now open world too? no thanks

2033 is still the only game in the series that could be considered good. Last Light was mediocre, but this one's just kinda shit.

happened when i tried sprinting, seems like the slow down when you hit a brush is really wonky and can slow you to a halt for some reason

limit fps

It happens if you touch a bush/tree/weed. Sometimes Artyom just slows down a little to breathe some fresh air.

I'm playing it on ps4(pro) because I don't think my 770 would've been able to handle it much.

In hindsight I should've waited for the crack, because the console version is really badly optimized in terms of performance and input lag. Game itself is okay, but nothing to write home about. "What if nu-Far Cry, but Metro?", and in most cases not even that. The slow-ass input sensitivity kind of forced me to play it on easy, because I can't turn around quick enough if I get flanked or attacked from behind, and when it comes to monsters especially, this game really likes to gang up on you - which also feels insane because the resources I collect are next to nothing. Running away feels wrong, too, and is also slow as balls.

Is this game worth buying and playing right now on the PS4? I have a PS4 Pro if that makes a difference. How long and how open is it? I'm out of shit to play and need something to hold my attention.

>pirate the game and play it
>buy it when it comes to steam
name one reason not to do this instead of waiting like an idiot

It sounds like you’re just shit at games and everything in general

Not true, most people just see it for what it is. A well crafted and pretty, but very linear story based shooter with almost no replay value. It has very little in common with Stalkan, so it doesn‘t belong in the Ukranian shitposting general.

I have it on ps4 pro
I normally play fps on pc, so I mainly got this on ps4 because of the whole steam vs epic debacle (also the statue)

If you can get used to playing fps with controller, go ahead. I enabled aim assist. There are sliders for how much you want it to hold your hand.

Oh, and load times are kinda long.

because its not on steam and was just cracked recently. give it a bit time and people will have played it

Steam achievements if you're autistic like me

true, although I invite you to play this on consoles (not base xbox, because ironically there it runs fairly well) to experience it for yourself

>running away feels wrong
In a game where enemies respawn regardless of how many times you kill them? Don't.

caring about achievements is the most pathetic thing a man can do. its not autistic, its just pathetic

anyone else feel like they fucked up all the guns just so you get a sense of "progress".
a fucking 3shot revolver that hast do be cocked each shot. the shambler holding 3. aks that overheat like the fucking bastard and have 20 round mags. what the hell? then later you find "upgrades" that bring em back to stock form in 2033 or last light.

I'd rather have all the bugfixes done before I play

You can use kb+m on ps4 if you really need it.

where are the proofs?

my 750 is handling it.

I have it on Epic.
This Game is GOTY material t b h
Just wished they struck to the twist in the novel.

>heavy freezing/stuttering
JUST LET ME PLAY THE GAME

Attached: 1537381617763.png (619x767, 679K)

>epic
Best cancel your credit cards now.

How is SX12 in this game? Does it eat like 10 frames compared to 11 like in RE2?

same, not sure what's causing it my 8 gigs of ram or my cpu or faulty motherboard

I looked it up and it seems to either be the 8gb of ram, or Hyperthreading, since the game isnt optimised for it.

Attached: 1543196494491.png (736x474, 72K)

Love how you can tune the radio and find Kino playing
perfect for headpatting your slav wife

Gave you my reason, I understand why other people don't care about them but nothing's gonna change my mind in that respect

If you don't have already, disable the Nvidia overlay. It was causing a lot a crashes and stuttering for me. After disabling it, it runs fines (gtx980 ti here, so I'm not super high end either)

There are a couple articles saying it sold more than last light, but this data only refers to physical version sales, which are almost all consoles where there is no controversy
I've played the private alpha, private demo and open demo, it may seem cool but its just lacking so much, gunplay is rather lame and enemies are all bullet sponges with super aim that miss only when you use the dodge button.
Flying is cool but barely holds any use in combat, the mouse controls dont allow you to move fast and react accordingly.
Its very repetitive, GO to A, ACTIVATE [BEACON], FIGHT SHIT TON OF BULLET SPONGES THAT KEEP ON RESPAWNING, Repeat.
It will either go F2P or have its servers shut within a year

Because the game is good, and Yea Forums only really cares about great and awful games.

So the Tribals, I can knock them out right? As long as I don't kill them it should be okay?

Because metro is a shit series

anyone know whats a [Spoiler]Cadium nuclear bomb [Spoiler]they refer to?
Secondly, i noticed [Spoiler] there a anomaly that follow you in the final act ,it play the piano than you can see a part of it when you have to jump from one part of the building to another on your rigth and finaly outside a window before the corridor where you hallucinate anna in the elevator[Spoiler]

Get more and faster ram that fixed stuttering for me.

I think that's reasonable considering how much longer the game is, but it would've been a bit more sensible if they made the bastard your starting automatic

lol retard
I'm at 8gb 1600mhz and got zero stuttering.
high 1440p with a 1070
the issue is on your end, not hardware

Yea Forums is still pirating the download on their shitty backwater DSL from mommy's single bedroom apartment

Expect more threads in a week

Attached: mike.jpg (538x356, 33K)

That's not the problem, dumb dumb. The problem is they pulled it literally days before release because they most likely got Tencent bribes to make it an Epic store exclusive.

ur gene pool is a shit series

I honestly like the drastic change of atmosphere from the dank Metro

>It’s a great game but man I hate how they skipped Autumn. And Summer was a super fast level.
They didn't? The game goes stupid and displays the season you were in right after you played through it, making the forest autumn. You go back to winter at the final level.

And here I am, trying to run original Metro and it stutters like crazy

Turn the graphics all the way down stopped most of the stuttering, but it looks like shit

Eat shit faggot that fixed my shutters

Game is not for babies t b h
You have a few objectives on the map but you can go exploring around the areas in a slow steady pace. There is also a lot of dialogue characters offer if you hang around.
On higher difficulty settings you have to plan out your route and day/night cycle requires a bit of a different approach.
Without reading any spoilers online it seems that sparing people and not killing them is reflected even in loading screen monologue.
>using a flashlight into qt3.14 Anna`s face at night HNNNNGGGG

I think I'm nearing the end of the game, I just started the Taiga level and I don't think this game can go for much longer.
Aside from a couple bugs, I wish there was some sort of merchant. I combed through each level pretty effectively but I still feel like I missed a bunch of weapon upgrades and I wish there was some way to check. Or just let us create the upgrades outright.

wouldn't have mattered whether or not you waited because the performance is just as all over the place on PC

Yes.
Be careful though, there are both non-hostile (which just stand around and talk) and hostile (which you should kbock out) cultists in the open world section

didnt care about this game ever since I saw the reveal and the "open world" levels. Fuck that shit.
I hate open world games.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobalt_bomb

Yes

Somebody help a brainlet out. I just suffocated in the intro while following the girl around because no filters left. The only save I can load is just after letting the herd of monsters run past and at that point I only have 20 seconds of air left. Is there anywhere I can find more filters or am I just fucked? I didn't realize I was supposed to be scavenging while in a scripted follow-the-leader scene dammit.

Holy shit lmao

How the fuck did you suffocate, I was scouring every inch of that level for collectibles and still had enough air. You go through a building, an open space and that's literally it. It takes five minutes at the most if you aren't searching for diary entries like I was and I still had enough air.
You have to restart the level but holy jesus.

>shit dialogue
>shit voice acting
>weird exaggerated body animations to make up for the lack of facial animation in the game
>godawful audio mixing that makes you feel like you're having a stroke whenever more than 2 characters start talking
>slow and clunky movement that feels more suited to the corridor shooting in the older metro games than it does in an open world game
>3rd weapon slot reserved for the tikhar and only the tikhar so you're stuck with that piece of shit for the entire game
>no bullet currency system, just mash E when you're next to a corpse and you can slap together whatever you need later

because its fucking garbage and you're better off playing STALKER instead

Attached: 1446464206468.jpg (894x894, 89K)

I had 2:00 or so after I used the first filter then 0:50 after using the second filter. I was literally just following the girl around and not even wandering around. Is this some DRM I triggered, or am I just missing something completely?

The hardest pill is acknowledging that Stalker is a shit series with one mediocre entry that can only be salvaged by a mountain hoard of mods.

play hardest difficulty in russian with english subs and turn off crosshairs

Only the first game was any good

Oh fuck I have to restart all the way from the very first part of the game you gain control. Anybody know why the filters gave me barely any air? It was physically impossible for me to complete the mission in time. Maybe it was a mistake playing Ranger Hardcore when I haven't even played the other Metro games. Please tell me I just missed some mechanic because of no hints or some shit

Enjoy your Chinese/Russian botnet faggot

I noticed that I had a very short timer left after the first watchmen and just sprinted ahead, Anna teleports to catch up to you, also can take the mask on and off the cheese some extra time too

Stalker is a very mediocre series that still offers a totally unique experience, and with mods can be transformed from "mediocre" to "really quite good."

This is coming from someone who claims Stalker as his favorite games of all time. You're not there for a perfect amazing shooter, you're there for the unique experience.

Nope you should have plenty of air and filters.
You could take off the mask, wait till you nearly suffocate and then put the mask back on, as I think that resets it. But if your so close to the start just reset.

playing on Xbox One X.
the crushed blacks makes it extra realistic, can't see shit at night

It's funny, I was thinking I'd wait till next year to get it and how that's kind of annoying then remembered I never buy new releases anyway, full on mong brain moment.

Attached: 594.png (500x500, 106K)

Well fuck. I already reset, so next time I make it there I guess I will just speedrun it and do the gasmask cheese if I need it. I wonder if this was a bug or just my pirated version being fucked up somehow, I can't find anybody else mentioning this anywhere on the internet.

Everyone that loves stalker knows this it is the absolute best example of eurojank that's greater than the sum of its parts.

>my shithole should be in the game
>it's not
>game even jokes about it

Attached: 1550710901789.png (447x485, 254K)

People don't post enough pics of Anna.

Because nobody has this problem and you get plenty of filters and plenty of time even after doing some sightseeing.
but I think vanilla stalker is a fantastic series and you can just pretend bugs are in-game anomalies .

Attached: get_out_of_here_stalker.webm (202x360, 2.44M)

Like I said, though, I just followed her around and didn't waste any time at all. I had a total time of about 3 minutes of air with both filters. Unless you are supposed to get by with 3 minutes of air in a 5 minute scripted segment, I don't think that's plenty of air. I'm just surprised that I am the only person who has had this bug, if it is one.

People post too many as is.

single player fps scene is dead

fps genre is a multiplayer only now

wasn't doubting you, just saying why nobody else is having that problem. No idea why you had so little time.

Dude duuuuhuhude, when the aurora pulls over in front of you after all you have been through i started crying, and gave out a laugh of relief, i never felt like this in years. Didn't like the desert too much, and i wish we could have spent more time killing cannibals, also wish there were more missions to upgrade the aurora. But goddamn it's good, really good, too bad for the epic fiasco.

Aayyy the same orthodox christ paintings in the houses of the poor, i had that, and also babushka has those rag bags with the stripes. Fucking ayy. The detail blows me away

Are there really no mods for the gatling gun? What the fuck?

>are there really no mods for this overkill leadhose in a game where everything dies in a couple of shots

why is this such an issue to you

Are the hardest difficulties like the original metro where you would find a fully loaded clip but only get 1-2 rounds.
Also, what do you use more, the high powered guns like a shotgun/revolver or the high firerate ones?

Because why even have it? It's useless. If you could have a triple barreled 150 rnd mag machine gun with a laser sight it would at least be cool. As it is there's bo point in using it, ever

Do i have to play the earlier games to play this one?
Are they worth it?

So apparently the bandit guy in the Caspian will give you an entire quest if you spare him and then go to sleep but I didn't fucking take a nap ever in this game so I missed out on that. I even went back to that starting building just to see if he was there.
Fuck my life.
Also is it possible to get into different cars in that area?

Yes and maybe. Depends if you like linear fps games. I've not played 2033 redux but I hear it's a downgrade. I personally really liked them though last light had a shit story.

Is Metro the Dark Souls of FPS games?

youtube.com/watch?v=xflR8jM5YKs

Attached: DONK SOULS.png (1250x700, 592K)

Alright. Ill see if i like 2033 and decide from there.
Thanks

I can't get into stalker because every mods to overhaul it makes it painfully bullshit hard (while vanilla is boring as fuck), so Metro is the only alternative for me.

Attached: 1524920235538.gif (300x186, 1.77M)

yes

>use medkit and melee kill are on the same button
Nice game, slavshits