Last boss

>Last boss
>"If you kill him you'll be just like him!"

Attached: 1545436965930.jpg (409x390, 86K)

Any games where I take the villains place and do his plans better?

Fable 3.

Undertale

fallout NV kind of
if i remember right you pretty much hijack benny's plans to take over the strip via the independent route

Fallout 4

Don't bring based Steiner into your shitpost you nigger

Streets of Rage 1 and SoR Remake

Attached: GameCharacter-Ash-StreetsofRage.png (600x450, 75K)

>Be hero
>Claim a supposedly self-substantiated position of moral authority over the villain
>Come to the realization that if you continue to follow a moral system of either deontological or virtue-based ethics he will continue to perpetuate evil
>Decidedly take a consequential position to murder him
>Do so out of the belief that his methodology will contrast with the aforementioned rule-based or ethics-based morality
>Do something morally similar to something the villain would do
>Means invalidates the supposed sanctity of the ends as you've compromised on what it means to be moral and only decided to kill him out of reference of the previous moral system
>"Haha, I'm totally not like him if I kill him."

Attached: 1542030536329.png (234x351, 143K)

In his defense, Steiner would probably disagree with that sentiment.

Came to post this. I wound up being an even worse person than Benny in my initial play through.

its almost like the hero refuses to step into a slippery slope that will only prove the villain correct
you must prove to both yourself and the villain that you can take the high road and that he is wrong

like Luke refusing to strike down his father in anger, because he can see that he was seconds away from turning into him, which was the fear that plagued him throughout episodes 5 ans 6, and with a robotic hand that reminds him just how close he is to becoming like his father

Attached: bad guy bad good guy good law is law and good guy cant be law.jpg (625x390, 67K)

>This exact premise gets argued
>Main character acknowledges it, does it anyways and accepts the consequences entirely because "Someone has to do it"
>Proceeds to do it 3 more times, even tells his best bud that he doesn't feel guilty in the slightest and tells his potential love interest and other best buddy that if they ever become compromised he'd do them in as well.

God i love Tales of vesperia Yuri was so fucking based

Attached: yuri.jpg (389x558, 35K)

>Why is the bad guy the bad guy?
>Because he murders people.
>Okay let's murder him so he stops murdering people.

That is perfectly logical and makes complete sense to me.
Where is the error in this line of thinking?

>*Authoritarian government attacks a small democracy*
>"Let's revoke the rights of our citizens in order to garner a military better prepared to stop the authoritarian threat."
>"Why must the authoritarians be stopped?"
>"Oh, because they oppress their citizens, and that's a bad thing."

haha, good thing thats just a video game trope and not reality

>big bad state attacks smaller state
>smaller state defends itself or dies
>how dare smaller state fight back

To defend home and punish the wicked is not the same as being wicked.

Attached: lao tzu tao te ching.jpg (502x717, 61K)

That's not the point.

Nah, it's more like
>Why is the bad guy the bad guy?
>Because he kidnaps and imprisons innocent people.
>Okay let's imprison him so he stops imprisoning innocent people.
>*fedora wearing lad waddles forth*
>"Hypocrite much? Imprisoning the imprisoners are we? Who is the REAL kidnapping imprisoner?"

>Claim moral authority
>Don't actually behave like a moral authority by making exceptions
Not hypocrisy so much as relativism. Who by and large have the thickest neckbeards.

Attached: 27ARISTOTLE-articleLarge.jpg (600x751, 71K)

>Not considering the circumstances when talking about morals
>judging the act alone and not the reasoning behind it

Speak to the point then, instead of green texting absurd hypothetical scenarios that are logically flawed.

Moral authority is based upon common good for those who share and abide by that common morality. Individuals or groups who depart from those values and virtues forfeit their right to equal treatment.

>A person murders a family
>What should be done with that person?

>A state invades an allied neighboring state
>What should be done with the aggressor?

Really digging the philosophical exchanges of what is and isn't righteous in this thread, so rare to see from Yea Forums. Have a bump.

I did speak to the point. You just misinterpreted what I was pointing out.

It follows as this:
The argument had nothing to do with self-defense. It had to do with individuals compromising on what moral action is in order to defeat immoral agents, a compromise of which they ironically believe is justified out of the fact that they are morally superior.
The real lesson here is not that responding this way is categorically incorrect so much as the only way to deal with immoral agents is to also be immoral.

An fallacious proposition and an incorrect conclusion.
There is no compromise of one's morality when dealing with an immoral individual. We reap what is sewn, and what goes around comes around. A moral individual or group has no reason to feel guilt for dispensing justice onto a guilty party. Your proposition that a smaller state should become morally like their aggressor is shallow and stinks of a false dilemma or hasty generalization.

One can deal with immoral agents and still maintain their own mortality.

Attached: shaolin.jpg (1024x713, 344K)

>kill him anyway

Attached: 1484815254034.gif (320x240, 3.51M)

An eye-for-an-eye approach is attractive on the surface and it's easy to suggest that people can forfeit their moral agency, but when you actually evaluate the core values regarding any good ethical system, it should become salient that these are just poor rationalizations out of a desire to still feel "good" about yourself.

A stranger murders someone you love.
What should be done about this?

A man who shoots someone else must be prepared to be fired upon himself.

Really, having a child makes you just as bad as him.
>Bring life into the world for purely selfish reasons (Oh I'd make such a good parent, have to continue my bloodline, this kid would look so cute, etc)
>child grows up in an unpredictable world where you will never be able to protect it always, so it is at the behest of rolling dice
>can die any time, get hurt or maimed or scarred any time
>You have brought an innocent creature into this world to suffer just because you thought it would be fun and doomed it to die
Highest point of murderous sadism tbhfam.

Attached: DzuaXqQUYAAgPIO.jpg (480x368, 12K)

how can you become a bastard like forrest

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

>and the last boss is a clone of you

>justice is moral relativism
Go back to philosophy 101 you fucking moron.

>The last boss is future you
Edge of Time had a good story.

Hey look it's the fat knight guy from FF9

I can live with that

Attached: Lin.(Advance.Wars).full.697481.jpg (900x1200, 540K)

>morality

Attached: stirner.jpg (336x188, 20K)

>Kill person who said it
>Kill boss right after

Ok, all good now?

Never heard of martial law?

Are you buzz light year?
I love your movies

Are there any games where I can become the villain instead of the hero?

This. If you don't let the villain keep doing evil your purpose as a hero will be lost. There must always be evil to balance the good. If the villain is destroyed, there can no longer be good to oppose evil.

That's the most retarded thing I ever read.

Good and evil must always exist in a balance. If good stops evil, the balance is lost and so is the world.

I bet the person who wrote it is all in on the Kingdom Hearts plot.

Also the most retarded thing ever written

>The concept of evil disappears if you kill x person

Come on son.

Principals are absolute. If you break them even once the entire system collapses. Objectivism taught me this.

Collapse the system, revolt. GAMERS sit the fuck down and stop pre-ordering games

Pre-ordering games is absolute. If you miss even one the whole system collapses.