Zhang Zongchang, known as the "Dogmeat General" because of his love for the gambling game of that name...

>Zhang Zongchang, known as the "Dogmeat General" because of his love for the gambling game of that name, was described as having "the physique of an elephant, the brain of a pig and the temperament of a tiger". Writer Lin Yutang called Zhang "the most colorful, legendary, medieval, and unashamed ruler of modern China". Former Emperor Puyi remembered Zhang as "a universally detested monster" whose ugly, bloated face was "tinged with the livid hue induced by heavy opium smoking". A brutal man, Zhang was notorious for his hobby of smashing in the heads of prisoners with his sword, which he called "smashing melons". He loved to boast about the size of his penis, which become part of his legend. He was widely believed to be the most well endowed man in China, nicknamed "General Eighty-Six" as his penis when erect was said to measure up to a pile of 86 Mexican silver dollars. His harem consisted of Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Russian and two French women. He gave them numbers, as he could not remember their names, and then usually forgot the numbers

>Because their soldiers were not able to use or take proper care of modern weapons, the warlords often hired foreign mercenaries, who were effective but always open to other offers. Russian émigrés who fled to China after the victory of the Bolsheviks were widely employed. The Russian mercenaries, according to one reporter, went through the Chinese troops like a knife through butter. The most highly paid of the Russian units was led by Gen. Konstantin Nechaev, who fought for Zhang Zongchang, the "Dogmeat General" who ruled Shandong province. Nechanev and his men were much feared. In 1926 they drove three armored trains through the countryside, gunning down everyone they met and taking everything moveable. The rampage was stopped only when the peasants pulled up the train tracks, which led Nechanev to sack the nearest town.

Why hasn't anyone made a game about China's warlord era?

Attached: Zhang_Chongchan.jpg (300x496, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Eastern_Crisis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Turkish_War_(1877-1878)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Am I on /his/?

yeah that shit doesn't work gweilo, sorry to tell you.

Would you like to be?

Attached: 1528500529120.png (385x478, 233K)

Jesus christ I can't stop laughing

I don't know why retards want to waste an IP address over this.

Kaiserreich next update

>He recruited up to 4,600 White Russian refugees from the Russian civil war, from which he formed a cavalry regiment, complete with pseudo-Tsarist uniforms and regalia. He was also one of the first Chinese generals to incorporate women into the military on a large scale, including using a regiment of nurses consisting entirely of White Russian women. They trained their Chinese counterparts, resulting in greater efficiency in taking care of Zhang's wounded troops, a significant boost for morale and combat capability.

>While having a reputation as one of the most brutal and ruthless warlords, he was also one of the most colourful. After defeating the army of general Wu Peifu by making his enemy's forces defect, he rewarded the defectors by allowing them to keep their original ranks. He then promoted his own officers, but since there was not enough metal to make the gold and silver stars for their rank insignia, he ordered the stars to be made from the gold and silver paper foil in cigarette packages. During the mass promotion ceremony, the officers were surprised to find their insignia already torn even before the ceremony had ended. During one of his campaigns, he publicly announced he would win the battle or come home in his coffin. When his troops were forced back he was true to his word—he was paraded through the streets, sitting in his coffin and smoking a large cigar. It was also a matter of public amusement that he kept his aged mother with him at all times, except when on campaign, when he left her at his opulent palace.

>Zhang Zongchang was also known for writing poetry, though his works (such as the "Poem about bastards", the "Daming Lake poem", "Visiting Penglai Pavilion" and "Pray for Rain") are generally considered to be quite bad.

Attached: Zhang_Zongchang5.jpg (668x900, 84K)

>He gave them numbers, as he could not remember their names, and then usually forgot the numbers

>When his troops were forced back he was true to his word—he was paraded through the streets, sitting in his coffin and smoking a large cigar.

Attached: sun tzu.jpg (1912x1016, 593K)

Attached: winnie-the-pooh.jpg (800x856, 66K)

>He gave them numbers, as he could not remember their names, and then usually forgot the numbers
> he publicly announced he would win the battle or come home in his coffin. When his troops were forced back he was true to his word—he was paraded through the streets, sitting in his coffin and smoking a large cigar
This guy sounds awesome.

>In 1926 they drove three armored trains through the countryside, gunning down everyone they met and taking everything moveable. The rampage was stopped only when the peasants pulled up the train tracks, which led Nechanev to sack the nearest town.
It's like that one flash game where you use trains to fuck shit up in WWI and WWII

Willy!

Attached: 1446326979579.png (453x577, 307K)

>he was declared China's basest warlord in 1927
Absolutely based

“Poem About Bastards”
You tell me to do this
He tells me to do that
You are all bastards
Go fuck your mother

based and dogpilled.

Only if it’s a monarchism thread.
Take the purplepill, Anons.

“Praying For Rain”
The sky god is also named Zhang
Why does he make life hard for me
If it doesn’t rain in three days
I’ll demolish your temple
Then I’ll have cannons bombard your mom

Japanese incel haikus btfo by general Zhang Long Wang

Willy thread?

Attached: 1524766754611.jpg (407x407, 52K)

I've been daydreaming about one for awhile.

>According to the wife of Wellington Koo:

>[Zhang] was known everywhere as the "Three Don't Knows" (Chinese: 三不知; pinyin: sān bù zhī). He said he didn't know how much money he had, how many concubines, or how many men in his army.

THE KAISER, YA? COO-EE

Attached: 1524028501428.png (349x338, 205K)

>such a chad he doesn't even know how many soldiers he has when he orders a charge

This is no prance, it's a German war dance!

Attached: 1525446698909.gif (435x250, 1.82M)

What would the best genre be for it?

There should be a game about the the 60s and 70s instead. Very interesting, like a much, much more violent version of 1984.

>Of China's major industrial centers, Chongqing was among the worst affected, mainly because a heavy concentration of arms factories was the source of an almost endless supply of lethal weapons to the combatants. According to a postmodern conducted by the party center in 1970, the fighting on one particular construction site, on one occasion alone, involved close to 10,000 combatants "employing virtually every kind of conventional weapon available" and "resulted in the death or wounding of close to 1,000 class brothers, and the destruction of vast amounts of state property." The Chaotianmen harbor district on the Yangtze River was razed to the ground in a battle that saw the use of tanks, mobile artillery pieces, and anti-aircraft guns. Some 10,000 artillery shells were fired in Chongqing in August 1967, and more than 180,000 refugees from the fighting were counted in the provincial capital Chengdu alone. Shipping along the upper reaches of the Yangtze River was interrupted for over six weeks.

Attached: 223kids-pose-with-guns1.jpg (600x450, 52K)

There's a time where China was Skyrim. Bandits out the ass, cities that didn't make sense and yet it just worked, and a whole lot of bandits

A waggling Willy is a happy Willy

Attached: 1519498401811.gif (270x300, 86K)

>a time
Plenty of times like that, no?
China breaks fairly often.

>On a visit to German Emperor Wilhelm II, his second cousin once removed, in 1909, Ferdinand was leaning out of a window of the New Palace in Potsdam when the Emperor came up behind him and slapped him on the bottom. Ferdinand was affronted by the gesture but the Kaiser arrogantly refused to apologize.
Why was he so based?

Attached: 1506848246199.png (645x418, 164K)

>Makes a based as fuck comment about how Hitler is nothing more than a gangster and a tyrant without the love of God
>Gets old and crazy and starts blaming the Jews along with him

I'll just chalk it up to getting old, he was too based up until then

For every re-release of Skyrim, China will go through such a time.

>gala dinner
>put his helmet on
Better times.

You just don't comprehend the 5d chess that the Kaiser operates on

Attached: 1516139432586.png (600x750, 357K)

I don't understand you user, blaming the Jews sounds about as based as it gets.

Based Willy

Attached: 1446417895942.png (284x370, 221K)

>The Hebrew race are my most inveterate enemies at home and abroad; they remain what they are and always were: the forgers of lies and the masterminds governing unrest, revolution, upheaval by spreading infamy with the help of their poisoned, caustic, satyrical spirit. If the world once wakes up it should mete out to them the punishment in store for them, which they deserve
Based and Willypilled

Attached: 1550391284664.jpg (500x250, 17K)

Everything is worse now. I see accounts of history and the men who lived in such interesting times and I'm so jealous. With the modern world came the end of history. We were all born into the monotonous forever. We will all die with unfulfilled lives.

give them something more familiar
>tsunenaga hasekura
>samurai
>father convicted of crime and put to death
>son usually gets killed as well
>masamune put him in charge of embassy to europe, sparing his life
>went to spain, italy, and other parts of europe, americas, philippines
>brought christianity to japan and asia; converted
>went back multiple times
>died of sickness
>family and servants killed for suspicion of being christian
>japan shuts itself off from the world and outlaws chrsitianity, beginning their 200 years of isolation
they also sort of forgot about him until 200 years later or so

Attached: HasekuraWithShipDetail.jpg (1452x1041, 735K)

Debased and bigotpilled.

Honestly sums up this site enough to be a banner

They called this bad? Were comedians a thing in China circa 1920s? He should have been one. This guy fucks.

also
>named "don felipe"

Get the fuck off of Yea Forums if you want to live a fulfilling life you retarded cuck

cringe and bluepilled

It might have been too that the Nazis were starting to put pressure on people and he was only going along because the alternative was prison/labour camp.

Why do you assume he can’t have been right about both?

There are plenty of places you can go try to become a warlord, dummy. It's not the world that is monotonous, it's you.

He'd been exiled to the Netherlands because he didn't want to put up with Germany's bullshit while Hitler was in control as well as being an icon of Germany even if he wasn't in charge, he was totally safe from harm. It was entirely just him getting old, senile, and crazy as most old people do.

BS. The Kaiser shat on jews constantly even before WW1. That dude you replied to just read some wiki article a half hour ago and thinks he’s a historian now.

Statistically, if you had lived back then you would have just been one of the random nobodies who got his head split open by an eccentric chink warlord rather than anyone fortunate enough to take full advantage of the exciting times.

Something like Mount&Blade imo. Genral Zhang Zoulin, the ruler of Fengtian Clique in Manchuria, got his start as a bandit and clawed his way all the way up to warlord before the Japanese murdered him. Sounds like a typical M&B character to me.

We could also use a game about the US invading north africa during the Barbary wars. Really, all of 1700-1800s middle east,north africa, and south east asia are completely untapped. It would be nice to see something so foreign and different. Many of these places were not rich or advanced, so you still had a lot of people toting swords and pole weapons.

He was exiled as part of the post-WWI treaties.

You were born into a time where you have the best chance of living such an interesting life. You know what the vast majority of people were doing in those times full of interesting people you so revere? They lived in dirt and farmed their life away to their ruler where eventually died of the flu in their 40s and had absolutely zero chance of improving the lot in their life to prevent this.

Don’t bother, that poster is retarded.

yeah, right, guys. big publishers just cannot do these kinds of games because it scares shareholders. they just want TLoU clones and hero/class-based shooters

Not enough cuck posting. There’s a lot, just not enough.

>On the evening of July 29, Wilhelm responded to Nicholas’s first message:
>I received your telegram and share your wish that peace should be maintained. But as I told you in my first telegram, I cannot consider Austria's action against Serbia an “ignoble” war. Austria knows by experience that Serbian promises on paper are wholly unreliable. I understand its action must be judged as [seeking a] full guarantee that the Serbian promises shall become real facts. This, my reasoning, is borne out by the statement of the Austrian cabinet that Austria does not want to make any territorial conquests at the expense of Serbia. I therefore suggest that it would be quite possible for Russia to remain a spectator of the Austrian-Serbian conflict without involving Europe in the most horrible war she ever witnessed. I think a direct understanding between your Government and Vienna possible and desirable, and as I already telegraphed to you, my Government is continuing its exercises to promote it. Of course military measures on the part of Russia would be looked upon by Austria as a calamity we both wish to avoid and jeopardize my position as mediator which I readily accepted on your appeal to my friendship and my help.
>mfw Willy didn't want a war and was later demonized as the worst war criminal ever by the filthy anglos
This is now a feels thread.

Attached: 1535511951177.jpg (663x579, 38K)

Still a better fate than Nicholas and his family.

Not enough pregnant Anne Franke confederate posting

Willy probably thought they'd just force him and his family to exile.
Fucking hell worst timeline for sure.

>Serbia starts the war with Austria-Hungary
>blame everything on Germany

>"General Eighty-Six" as his penis when erect was said to measure up to a pile of 86 Mexican silver dollars.
>mexican silver dollar thickness = 3mm
>chink with 25.8 cm or 10 inch dick

Attached: pearly.gif (500x281, 861K)

I'm surprised that I'm not surprised by this

You're talking about the guy who went on vacation after telling the austrians to just declare war lol we got u senpai. You're also talking about the guy who decided to mobilize and start the war because some retard implied he was indecisive.

>You're talking about the guy who went on vacation after telling the austrians to just declare war lol we got u senpai
Which was the right thing to do, after the Serbians accepted all Austrian demands except taking responsibility on Ferdinand's death.
>You're also talking about the guy who decided to mobilize and start the war because some retard implied he was indecisive.
Fucking false, the telegrams sent to Nicholas show he did not want a war and only mobilized to show he'd fully help his ally against any Russian aggression.
Russia started the goddamn war.

I'm not arguing if it was the right thing to do, dummy, im saying that going on vacation for two weeks where he was going to be completely incommunicado was absolutely retarded on Wilhelms part.
>Fucking false, the telegrams sent to Nicholas show he did not want a war and only mobilized to show he'd fully help his ally against any Russian aggression.
First of all, im talking about nicholas for what you were quoting. Second, Wilhelm didn't want a war with Russia, he didn't care if austria declared war on serbia so long as Russia did not get involved.
>Russia started the goddamn war.
That is a really stupid generalization.

>That is a really stupid generalization.
But he did because A-H declared on Serbia, by proxy Russia dragged Germany in and also France.
Russia assured Serbia they'd help them out after A-H annexed Bosnia.

>Kek let's ignore decades of german imperialism and gunboat diplomacy

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Eastern_Crisis
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_War
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Turkish_War_(1877-1878)
>Kek let's ignore decades of russia imperialism and gunboat diplomacy