Thank you, Bioware!

Last night my buddy and I, both fathers in our mid 30's, finally settled in for some Anthem stronghold runs after putting the kids to bed. We had both just hit lvl 30, and decided to give the Temple of Scar a go on GM1.

It went surprisingly well until the final boss room, where we discovered that our lobby was bugged; no one could revive. The prompt simply didn't show up anymore.

After trying a few more times, our two random teammates finally decided to give up and left the lobby. I certainly didn't blame them, as the situation seemed hopeless with only a single life and no hope of revive to get back in the fight.

My buddy and I talked it over but ultimately we decided to stay and see if we could gut it out. We changed our tactics, flying to the back of the arena where we could peek out from hard cover and take pot shots at the boss. We played defensively, letting the mobs funnel to us instead of overwhelming us all at once. We conserved our ammo, using only our abilities and slowly wearing down the boss.

It wasn't easy. There were plenty of close calls, near deaths, and clutch uses of our ultimates to turn the tide, but finally, after two long hours, we had done it. We had won!

It was one of the most euphoric experiences I have had in a long time, and instantly I was transported back to a time that I hadn't realized I had desperately missed. A time when it was just me and a friend, sitting on the floor playing video games together on a Saturday morning, not a care in the world. Just happy to be living in the moment and shooting stuff with my buddy.

At that moment, it didn't matter that I had to wake up and go to work in 4 hours. The responsibilities and burdens of real life slipped away and my friend and I were able to simply bask in the glow of a hard won victory against all odds, and shiny new Masterwork loot to look forward to.

So thank you, Bioware. You've payed me back the cost of this game many times over, and the kid in me can't wait to play again!

Attached: anthem.jpg (1049x525, 113K)

Attached: 1521909417657.webm (1440x508, 1.75M)

Haha thanks BioWare xD

Attached: 363B6569-DADD-4DEA-B364-1C0E6AFF12D8.jpg (3024x4032, 967K)

You're not technically a father when the child in question isn't your biological one.
Just saying.

how come boomers can't spell "paid" properly.

>payed

>playing video games in your 30’s
>playing video games when you have children and not getting better hobbies
YIKES! A BIG YIKES FROM ME!!!

Attached: 4B662253-7A2C-48FB-9271-76E12B945A1E.jpg (251x242, 14K)

holy shit this reads exactly like one of those awful destiny reddit posts about raids and shit, bum ass father and all. well done user

You literally copy pasted this from reddit, didn't you.
Just make good original threads it's not that hard, you don't need to bait for (You)s in literally every post you make.

Attached: 1549497754192.jpg (330x381, 73K)

You buy all that shit then buy cheap as fuck admiral Nelson?

Attached: 1489104290899.gif (581x327, 3.72M)

English is not his first language. I sometimes do this same shit but I learned to be cautious with this fucking word.
Or he is just stupid.

nah it's super common among my american friends

so they are just retarded

> somebody goes to reddit enough to recognize copy pastas
Yikes!

Attached: muaha.gif (334x251, 985K)

Video games have been my hobby for decades! But ya, I guess I get what you mean Haha. I only get time when the kids are asleep. I still really enjoy it though! Also, I have plenty of hobbies!

It's pretty obvious to anyone with a brain that OP's style of writing is from reddit.

Huh, interesting.
Then I am dumb.

dude literally type in the first paragraph into google, its the first fucking result.

Attached: 1544152968960.jpg (720x960, 46K)

well it is a Sanyo TV

OP is a faggot

>he can't recognize an obvious reddit post from reddit
where else would someone have posted this retard
it clearly was meant to be addressed to ea, and origin has dead forums
you think someone posted this on Yea Forums seriously? kys retard

Attached: 1547518508930.gif (360x332, 2M)

>playing video games when you have children and not getting better hobbies
I actually had to abandon some of my other hobbies like hunting, hiking, and shooting after I got my first child. Video games are pretty much the only hobby I do now because it's easier to balance with taking care of a kid.

I love this pasta, based redditors and their unironic shitposting

Whoaw calm down, dude! It's ok if you are a redditor, I won't tell anyone.

Attached: 69883515496f67566342936ba8c1df0a.gif (350x350, 3.98M)

>but finally, after two long hours, we had done it. We had won!

Attached: dope.jpg (750x729, 211K)

LOL kys yourself you absolute brain damaged manchild. le reddit boogy man niggers like you have to stop

HOLY SHIIIT THAT'S DOPE!

>Metal suit that can fly for five seconds
>ME IRONMAN
All this shows is if a company put effort into an Ironman game, it would make bank

I could go for some spicy cheetos right now

>consuming refined sugar in the year of our lord twenty nineteen

Attached: 1510800971009.jpg (320x304, 25K)

that xbox 360 iron man game was fun to fly around in. If it was like the gamecube open world hulk game it would have been perfect.

>YoU fEeL LiKe IrOn MaNg!
It hurts to read.

everytime

> LOL
> le reddit boogy man
Cringe and yikes from me. Spotted the redditer

Attached: GoBack.gif (350x232, 461K)

Imagine a Thanos fleshlight bros...

> YOU FEEL LIKE IRONMAN

Attached: b3c.jpg (680x860, 55K)

Reddit is better than this shithole

>and the kid in me can't wait to play again!
Male pregnancy?

You expect this fucking loser to have any taste whatsoever? He bought fucking Anthem for God's sake.

Attached: 1550623152539.jpg (470x470, 31K)

- Content. There is at least 40-60 hours content in the game at launch, with campaign, freeplay, trials, contracts and endgame. Anthem is well worth the 60 dollars, the base game already, anyone who says otherwise didn't even play it (Upper Echelon Gamers only had an Xbox early access, playing only 10 hours for example) or is seriously burnt out on games.

- Anthem has a series-like format, and not "chopped up content". The format was always going to be like an HBO series, so a lot of content is already developed of course, to be shipped every month, for free. You had to pay for the chopped up Destiny 1 DLCs, that was a very different situation! And if you don't like the format and want to burn through 6 strongholds at launch already, then this format is not for you. But strongholds are coming, and story, and much more.

- The story is a true Bioware-style story. It is not as good as a Mass Effect campaign, but characters and conversations are nuanced, fun, and you will enjoy the endgame way more after the campaign, because you do it in a living breathing world. I actually thought I was going to hate running around in Fort Tarsis, but the characters and conversations are good enough that I started to look forward to it in between missions. That is why I strongly recommend playing the campaign solo, it plays like a Bioware rpg, not like the Destiny 2 "story".

It is hate that drives most of the "hard passers". The internet creates pockets of mobs here and there, simply because hate can be an enjoyable, addictive feeling. There were times where hate was justifiable and useful, namely against Battlefront 2 lootboxes and maybe against Bethesda lately.

After sticking through No Mans Sky, Destiny 1 Y1, Destiny 2 Y1, Sea of Thieves, The Division, Warframe and now seeing early reviews slamming Anthem on what will inevitably be evolved over its time just sucks but . I’ll be here for whole ride, the highs and the lows.

>better hobbies
>than videogames
None.

>so a lot of content is already developed of course, to be shipped every month, for free
what is this bullshit

Dude you don't get it, it's not chopped up content, it's a true "series-like" format, like an HBO series. Just get the game for $60 already. Don't believe the hate mobs.

It's been a while since I've seen such a case of defending your shitty taste. The subreddit for this has created a little echo chamber that is deflecting any and all criticism outside of it as "a bunch of haters" when the opinion seems to be the game is mediocre from absolutely everyone, from youtubers and streamers that hate everything to reviewers like IGN and Gamespot that are extremely lenient on AAA games.

Just go for open world meme and custom suits. Capefags would go mental

> There is at least 40-60 hours content
> Anthem is well worth the 60 dollars
> Anthem has a series-like format
> The format was always going to be like an HBO series
> The story is a true Bioware-style story
> characters and conversations are nuanced, fun, and you will enjoy the endgame way more after the campaign
> thought I was going to hate running around in Fort Tarsis
> I started to look forward to it in between mission

Attached: 1547271205992.gif (700x285, 3.38M)

Then fuck off there you low test, self loathing, worthless nugget of shit

If you're going to put this much effort in your shitposting at least make it funny or have a cool twist.

>its just destiny with another paint job

This. It ain't easy to make time out of the house when you have a toddler.

It's a reddit post brainlet. How is it not obvious by the praising of a fucking bug?

>everything I don't like is reddit
how do you dumbasses manage to breathe?

HOLY SHIIIIT THAT'S DOPE!

It literally is a reddit post. That is not his opinion. Here's my real opinion for example:

Im an older gamer (38) Ive played a lot of stuff in my time.

Lately ive been bored and looking for something to scratch that gaming itch. As Battle Royales arent my thing... Anthem seemed like what I was looking for.

I admit... since Friday its been a struggle sometimes. Literally staring at my computer WILLING IT to load faster.. always being the last one in on a mission and flying and tethering and flying... and tethering...

So color me skeptical when you said "we will patch this we will fix it"

I just played a legendary contract.

I loaded in in ... a third? a fourth? of the time I used to (HDD not SSD)

My team were there on the platform with me! Loaded in with me!

I proceed to go... and enjoy...

Something feels different immediately, some of the combat wonkyness and jitters are gone. My colossus (because Thiccboy is life) feels... more... Colossal..

I can shield and pick up my downed teamies...

the melee jitters that I felt before are gone, its so much smoother.

THE LOADING... THE LOADING IS BETTER.. SO MUCH BETTER OH GODS THE LOADING! 15-20 seconds from end expedition into the forge. Forge loads almost instantly! Fort Tarsis loads 15 seconds now? maybe?

I mean.. wow...

If you can do this in 4 days... then people NEED to give you props that you rightfully deserve.

I believe in you, the game isnt perfect, but the issues you fixed this fast shows what youre capable of and I believe youll fix the other stuff straightaway.

Im along for the ride Bioware - Thank you for making something I truly enjoy and for all the sleepless nights you guys at the office put in over the last few days to get it to the point its at now.

Who the fuck eats tomatoes as a snack?

My aunt used to just take bites of raw tomatoes as a snack like it was an apple or something.

I dunno, some people drink tomato juice casually, so.

I used to do this too when I was a kid.
Ate tomatoes like apples.