Make the same exact game six times in a row

>make the same exact game six times in a row
It's ok when Japan does it.

Attached: 3035967-yakuza+-+logo+white.png (320x133, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HzfkzRUaXvc
youtube.com/watch?v=Q93qTHofR2w
youtube.com/watch?v=oAHwnaYrk0k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its been more than 6 times and fans of the series have beeing calling them on their bullshit since Yakuza 4. Kamurocho needs to fucking go and stay go.

Unlike western games they're actually good

pretty much

they have good gameplay which excuses a lot of faults. dragon style always seems to suck compared to the other 3 for some reason though

It's true. Getting a new area in Yakuza 6 was a godsend though.

No they aren't.
>same rehashed gameplay, same combat with minor tweaks

Game was fun but there's this one guy in the arena who's name is Harris or something, who is just straight up fucking IMPOSSIBLE. I've beaten the game on hard and only used healing items once in a fight (against those fucking cunt MIA Colonels holy shit they suck) but this Harris mother fucker is just impossible to beat.
He can't be stunned.
He can't be grabbed.
His guard can't be broken.
Every single attack he has goes through your guard and knocks you down and seems to reset you to 0 heat. And they do a truckload of damage.
He has a counter that he uses constantly.

Oh and since its in the arena, there's no items to cheese through it. It's fucking insane. That's my only complaint with the game, is this douche bag fucking cunt Harris guy. Had to go buy a wooden katana from the pawn shop rather than get it off the arena because this douche was so fucking impossible. The cherry on top is that when he trounces you, you leave the arena at 1 hp and there are Z E R O restaurants or shops nearby to heal at.

I still don't have the rest of the trainer dudes moves because I can't get enough arena points to buy the paintings because THIS FUCKING HARRIS GUY APPEARS CONSTANTLY AND HES FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE.

All of the "styles" suck ass. Be a man and play a real Yakuza game with the real Kiryu and his real ass true fighting style.

>makes the same game 5 times in a row IN THE SAME YEAR
its ok when the west does it

Attached: 2018.png (1669x1300, 643K)

brian is fucking hard, he stops showing up in the scorpion cup onwards
go blue
wait for him to charge, dodge and atack his back 3 times

do that for 10 minutes and he goes down

>want to explore city and hunt down collectables
>get chased by mob of 4 or 5 dudes every 30 seconds or less
STOP THIS, IT'S NOT FUN

It's hard to know if literal retard or just bait these days.
Maybe a bit of both.

>Unlike western games they're actually good
oh like hell. japanese and western games have been talking back and forth and borrowing from each other for a while now

just admit you like sniffing japanese farts like a stupid weeb and call it a day

am i wrong?

Attached: 2018 For Dummies.png (1669x1300, 2.71M)

My favorite thing is that Yea Forums doesn't realize how ironic it is that they love this series.

Yea Forums claims to hate:
>cinematic experiences with more cutscenes than gameplay
>plot pathetically tries to tug at your heartstrings
>severely unfunny humor
>tedious gameplay
>PlayStation exclusivity

Yakuza has:
>cinematic experiences with more cutscenes than gameplay
>plot pathetically tries to tug at your heartstrings
>severely unfunny humor
>tedious gameplay
>PlayStation exclusivity (until recently)

>b-but Yea Forums isn't one person!!

>not throwing cash at them
>not wanting to hear this 9000000 times youtube.com/watch?v=HzfkzRUaXvc

baka mitai

my counter argument to you is that you can punch a tiger in the face

Hey, bro.
Wanna work for my grandfather on his orchard? He needs some good cherry pickers.

I'm a PC master race who looks down on console peasants and I still like yakuza (or at least 0 and kiwami since they're on PC). Sounds to me like you just have no fucking taste at all in vidya. And this is coming from someone who usually HATES jap games.

>>plot pathetically tries to tug at your heartstrings
When did that happen?

ill send him my info

Attached: 2017.png (1669x1000, 431K)

>FO76
>Considered a flop now even by the most diehard of fans
Yeah man, totally game of the year.

They're fun. What can I say?

i can put fortnite there if you want to

>I'm a PC master race
>HATES jap games
Hella epic bro!!!!!! Upvoted!!!!!!

I just finished Yakuza 0, so off the top of my head:
>Nishiki thinking killing Kiryu will keep him from being tortured to death
>Majima protecting Makimura after learning her back story
>Tachibana being Makimura's brother trying to find and protect her
>Oda sacrificing himself to help Kiryu get Makimura to Tachibana
>everybody besides Kiryu crying like a bitch while telling their "tragic" backstory
It's pathetic that whatever Jap writer unironically wrote this schlock thinking it was sad and emotional.

t. someone who has never experienced tragedy in their entire life

>Nishiki thinking killing Kiryu will keep him from being tortured to death
that scene makes perfect sense if you know how fucked up japanese people can be

Oh, I have.
This shit is just simply over the top and on par with some low tier anime. Japs are the last people I would expect to understand actual human emotions.
But nice non-argument there.

i like it personally, it feels like a never ending stream of DLC with a heavy focus on story that's always unique and interesting even if some of it misses the mark.

It's not like they're hiding the fact it practically takes place in the same town with reused assets, it's a primary feature. Unlike Far Cry which keeps using the same fucking map for the last 4 games now. It makes a lot of sense to reuse assets as long as it doesn't hurt the more important aspects of the game. Far Cry suffers from incredibly bland writing and weak side content, so the focus lands on the combat for most people which is pretty good. I'd rather a game company reuse assets and pump out quality writing and game mechanics than try to remake everything which can take years of extra work. especially if those assets are good, unlike what Bethesda has been doing recently. That's a great example of poor judgement. Their games are half broken and should be fixed before doing anything especially making other games.

what your problem is is that you are applying your expectation of consequence to a game that is set in nipponland

they do things differently over there. as for it b3eing a low tier anime...its a jap game what the fuck do you expect?

>I just finished Yakuza 0
Didn't need to read any further. Having played 1-5 two to three times each, and 0 once, I remember fucking nothing about it. And that first playthrough was mere months ago. Hmm.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q93qTHofR2w

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

Best post.

>Didn't need to read any further.
Well I'm glad you admit your ignorance and inability to form an actual rebuttal.

The one thing I didn't like about 0 was the unskippable 30 second cutscenese when you fail a mini game for a sub event and you have to go though another 30 second one to start it up, the disco games come to mind

There's literally nothing wrong with making more of a good game.

*ahem*
FUCK MICHIRU AND FUCK NEWHALFS

Attached: ahem.png (1360x768, 620K)

y0:
kiryu collects debt from dude in tiny alleyway
unbeknownst to him some guys come by later an dkill dude and frame kiryu
turns out alleyway is super duper important cuz its part of a big real estate thing and everyone wants the deed so they can package the entire surrounding area to sell for billions
everyone hunts for deed
turns out girl named mokoto has it
find mokoto
protecc mokoto
mokoto loses memory and sight because yakuza are traumatizing cunts
sera helps you and becomes chairman and gets land (i think)
mokoto lives happily ever after even though she cant recognize majima (who protecc her) since she was blind at the time

Attached: faceapp-Yakuza-5.jpg (720x720, 92K)

I'll be honest here, I own and played on launch Yakuza 3 to 5 and I can never remember the actual plot even mid game
Maybe I'm just a brainlet but there are too many japanese names and plot twists

the only big ones you really have to remember are kiryu and majima

Yakuza lets me pour boiling water on someone's face though.

muh hippocrasee is the weakest argument imaginable because it can be answered with "Yeah, so?"

watchmen lets you pour boiling OIL on someones face
youtube.com/watch?v=oAHwnaYrk0k

>when you 100% all the games and get all the trophies
absolute hell

The watchmen game didn't have that scene but ok

god, i love this movie.

i always thought that scream was super underwhelming and badly acted

nobody just goes "aaaaa... aaaaa..." from boiling oil on their face

right because clearly a guy is gonna shrug off having oil heated to 375 F dumped on his face.

Read the post and try again.

I can't be the only one noticing there's more posters on Yea Forums who just plain out don't understand the post they're responding to, right?

ESL are real india superpower 2020