i think we all know the answer

It alright

youtube.com/watch?v=6o47N-aYd08
It was shit.

>Sonic Chronicles
>one fucking game
Gee, I dunno

Serviceable especially if you get the chao that does QTEs automatically for cream

obligatory

>good
no

>shit
probably

Even if you discount the music it's dogshit.
The only saving grace is that you can make sonic act like a huge asshole the whole game and watch the plot struggle to stay on track despite that.

That shit goes hard

youtube.com/watch?v=IHa0D1aUJwk
Here's what it's supposed to sound like when not tortured through a DS soundchip.

The only somewhat passable part was the writing. Everything else was absolute dogshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=lrpglqYeQBc

This is supposed to be Big Arm's theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=UyDc1H0GrPw

And that's just one of the many god-awful remixes that sound like they were made for the Game Boy. Plus it's one of the big reasons Ken Penders went full retard and ultimately got Archie Sonic cancelled.

>when not mangled and beaten by Bioware's F-team
FTFY

It was fine for what it was.
The combat was handled pretty well, though the QTE POW moves leave a lot to be desired.
The story was decent enough, it didn’t get too terrible and Sonic was free to absolutely destroy his own friends with quips that were actually more three-dimensional than the usual HEH GOTTA GO FAST GREEN HILL MORE LIKE SAND HILL YOU’RE TOO SLOW COPYRIGHT CAN’T STOP ME

Ironically copyright IS what fucked over this game, on several levels.
Music licensing fell through so it all sounds like ass because they had to cobble together some garbage MIDIs last minute. That doesn’t explain the SFX also being pretty terrible though.
Penders threw a shitfit over it which meant SEGA was wary to greenlight a sequel even though the game ended on a cliffhanger.
Then BioWare got bought up by EA which meant that they couldn’t make Sonic games anymore anyway.

It included Gizoids that mimicked any POW moves used against it or by any other enemy it was fighting alongside, and that carried over into NG+. Gizoids also carried a bit of lore weight based on Emerl and Gemerl’s actions in previous games, despite this just being a random spinoff, so you could tell the writers at least played other Sonic games before.

They also included a codex of not only elements of the game, but elements of OTHER, which means you could read about anything from Chaos and the Knuckles Clan to Gerald’s motive to cure Maria’s NIDS, something only mentioned like once, ever. That was a really great addition.

how do you even fuck up such a good composition like that?

Attached: 1494658732641.jpg (191x264, 6K)

Attached: Sonic Chronicles composer.gif (490x353, 976K)

I think I'm one of the 3 people on this planet who unironically really liked this game.

Dang, if we’re here, then where’s the third guy?

I remember liking the game as a kid but I dunno how it holds up now.

>god-awful remixes that sound like they were made for the Game Boy.
Excuse me?
What an insult to the Game Boy.
youtube.com/watch?v=EmD9WnLYR5I

I have arrived
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mq6Vl_UJhkI

>QTE POW
Most annoying shit in the game. Didn't help that all of the support characters failed their POW 100% if you missed one reaction command, and you lost 90% of your damage and 50% accuracy if you failed it on an attacking POW.
There was a Chao that would auto-complete the POW move for you, and I stuffed that fucker on everyone.

Honestly the dialogue was the best part about this game, the combat was either really easy or you'd get fucked over by status conditions or an enemy oneshotting a team member.

Or the enemies going into Evasive mode in the middle of your moves and everything missing.

>They also included a codex of not only elements of the game, but elements of OTHER, which means you could read about anything from Chaos and the Knuckles Clan to Gerald’s motive to cure Maria’s NIDS, something only mentioned like once, ever. That was a really great addition.

References to previous games and franchise lore?

Shut it down

Attached: Iizukas.jpg (400x400, 17K)

forgettable

I hate this guy and his autistic need to have Classic and Modern be separate dimensions.

How can you hate the director of the SA1-ShTH era?

>>I hate this guy and his autistic need to have Classic and Modern be separate dimensions.

You now those guys who like Classic Sonic, hate Modern Sonic, hasn't bough a Sonic game since late 90's/early 00's, but still complains on the internet about how shitty modern Sonic is even though they have no intention of buying another Sonic game even if it is classic Sonic?

Blame them instead.

Attached: 1547799441143.jpg (272x272, 15K)

i see your central city posts and raise you a nocturne
youtube.com/watch?v=lrpglqYeQBc

Attached: 11985254.jpg (300x300, 16K)

I mean, it’s better that way, because both Eggman and Sonic would know about the future and it would be changed drastically anyway. I like to think that at the time of Generations, Classic was pulled from an alternate version of post-3&K, and when he gets back, eventually Mania happens and that universe is now christened the Maniaverse.

This is turbo-headcanon and turbo-autistic, but I also like to think that the Maniaverse first formed from a Zelda-style discrepancy in the timeline during CD. In one timeline, Sonic saves Stardust Speedway, and Eggman quickly finds Metal’s remains after his defeat and rebuilds him later during Mania, powering him up with the Phantom Ruby and the Silver Sonic console. In another timeline, Sonic doesn’t save Stardust Speedway but defeats Metal anyway, and the original Metal is abandoned. Eggman makes several other Metal models and they’re all defeated. Metal later revived himself in the ruined Bad Future Stardust Speedway and goes after Sonic in Sonic 4 Episode Metal and Episode 2. Due to the massive shift in circumstances, this can be considered alternate dimensions and you can’t simply travel back in time from the time of Generations or Forces and wind up in Mania’s time.

what

I see your nocturne and raise you an actual sound effect from when you get hit ( Or when you hit some enemies, I don't remember )
youtube.com/watch?v=soxq9_TQ84U

Episode Metal showed that Eggman summoned Metal Sonic back to Mad Gear and repaired him.
A better timeline divergence using Metal would be whether or not Knuckles Chaotix is canon: The bios for Chaotix note that Metal was so wrecked after the fight with Sonic that Eggman ported his CPU into a new body. That's where the name Metal Sonic Kai comes from; it being just the final boss's name is a misconception.

Attached: Metal_Sonic_13.png (154x264, 5K)

I'll Anti up with this
youtube.com/watch?v=UdmLVZR42CY&t

It stole my ideas

Attached: him.jpg (290x200, 27K)

this is what happens when you take a mascot too seriously

hahahahahah that fag

That's horseshit and you know it. That's like saying they didn't get Sonic 4 because it had Modern Sonic in it.

That song is good but it also literally plagiarizes a Shin Megami Tensei song

Nice headcanon. This would also tie with my idea that Modern Sonic is canonically the bad future timeline, right down to Sonic Forces happening. Notice how the darker and more technology is used for evil, the more that nearly pictures all the Modern Sonic games after Adventure 1? To Riders, to ShTH and 06, to even Unleashed and Forces. While mania is moreso the good future and Sonic 4 is a mid way of both.

Attached: 1501031583108.png (490x256, 148K)

From what I heard, the devs didnt have enough time to compose a majority of the tracks (licence was about to go out) and they just slapped together what they had. Including rough midi demos laying around.

i was really pissed that the game had a limited number of chao eggs but they could give u duplicates. reset the game tons of times and eventually got so pissed i quit it

You know, a Sonic RPG could have worked. I mean Mario has been doing it for decades. So why not Sonic?

Meanwhile from the same company the same year.
youtube.com/watch?v=IitCQCaKi3E

>have Big in the party for the lols
>he does this every time he gets hit
Was weird the first time, and every time after.

Fun fact. IDW actually has a picture of him in their office with "DO NOT HIRE THIS MAN" written under it.

I remember going through multiple playthroughs when I was young and retarded

Are you me
Probably not as retarded as me though.
>have ran through the game enough times to equip a copy of Cheese the Chao on everyone and have 6 leftover
I don't even know why I kept replaying by that point, I one-shot everything with the basic attacks, and everyone had the POW Chao equipped so I didn't even know what a QTE POW was anymore.

Proof?

Who is he and what did he do?