Did Nintendo peak? If they did, then when do you think they peaked?

Did Nintendo peak? If they did, then when do you think they peaked?

Attached: 2000px-Nintendo.svg.png (2000x667, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sEFIyTtA3Gg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SNES or Gamecube

N64

Attached: 1502756072916.jpg (1280x720, 484K)

wii/ds era DUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH

Putting it in a spoiler doesn't make it any better than it would be otherwise.

This gen to be honest

Attached: 1550717917406.png (432x3072, 1.55M)

Peaked at Gamecube and fell off hard with the Wii and Wii U. They're definitely on the rise again now

>it peaked with games that didn't come out and most of them aren't even theirs

What a load of shit.

Absolute bait

>ports and games that will likely, especially that Yoshi one, be a 60 on Metacritic like Kirby and such

only one that looks remotely good, and I hope to fucking god is, is luigi mansion 3. please god don't be shit

SNES for sure. The output was mindblowing. Super Metroid, ALTTP, Mario World and Yoshi's Island, it was crazy. N64 was the last time they really innovated at all with the rumble pack and analog stick. GameCube they really started to slide, all the innovation was gone and it was just arbitrary gimmicks like tiny discs for no reason but to shoot themselves in the foot but they still had some classic games like Wind Waker, F-Zero and Metroid Prime. Wii was the end. Still had some cool games but they committed 100% to shoehorning gimmicks in lieu of actual innovation. WiiU was like watching your senile grandfather bump into walls and Switch is just soulless2themaxxx.

>most of them aren't even theirs
Isn't everyone always bitching about them not getting third party support?

>Did Nintendo peak? If they did, then when do you think they peaked?
Yes, in 1994.

I thought they did at SNES and Gamecube until the Switch came out so far stuff like BOTW and Odyssey have been comparatively as good as some of my favorite Gamecube titles without overlapping to much, so I think they just have their peaks and valleys.

Nintendo peaked with the NES and reached their nadir with the Wii U.

Why did Reggie leave

Either you didn't even bother to look or you just have tremendously shit taste.

pathetic zoomzoom

> Peak 3rd Party: SNES Era
> Best Games: N64 Era
> Best Variety: SNES Era
> Biggest Decline: GC to Wii Era

>n64 best games
what a shitty opinion

To go be an interchangeable corporate PR drone for kiddieshit elsewhere because he has no actual allegiance to Nintendo and he wouldn't know a good game if it crawled up his ass and died.

The SNES. That was the last generation that Nintendo was both technologically cutting edge and creatively flourishing. It's no coincidence so many of their games today hearken back to that era of design.

>AC
>another Luigi's Mansion
>another Yoshi game
>SMT V and Metroid Prime 4 actually count as this generation
>Mario Maker but for the switch
>Pokemon even though we know nothing about it
>LA
4/10 for fooling me until the end

Everything about the Wii U. Either they had good specs or a killer new feature in every single other piece of hardware they produced. Wii U was a half-assed system

Ocarina of Time, GoldenEye, Mario 64, Majora's Mask, Perfect Dark, Banjo & Conker were better at their time of release then any 7 first parties on every other Nintendo console

cuz he's rich as fuck and he probably wanted to spend time having fun after seeing Iwata die suddenly like that.
He'll probably get hired at a new company after a year off work or so.

this

Take off the rose tinted goggles you retarded boomer

Nah m8, ALTTP and Super Metroid piss all over all those games combined.

SNES, but it's only been completely downwards since the Wii

>ALTTP
ALBW is better tho

That was supposed to reply to OP but ok

LOL

Why do so many people act like some Nintendo spokesperson were their friend or something

Holy moly your opinions are terrible. ALBW was soulless as fuck. Compared to other modern Nintendo shit it was at least playable and fun but you need to get your head checked if you seriously think it's anywhere near as good as ALTTP.

This desu

They peak when they're trailing and stagnate when they lead. N64 and GC to me, we're fantastic. Wii and the Wii U (which came riding the coattails of its predecessor) were filled with gimmicks up the ass. I can only hope that they find a middle ground and keep making fun games. None of that bs that keeps infecting modern games.

>calls games soulless
>criticizes others opinions
You are the cancer plaguing this website

Objectively speaking probably the Wii/DS ie sales. The next best time was either SNES era or right now.

Nincels are the kings of corporate cock slobbering. Psychologically it probably has something to do with their inability to forge meaningful relationships with other human beings.

read:

nostalgia. ninty is linked with this emotion, causes people to have irrational reactions to these people. they think Nintendo care for them, as a person

youtube.com/watch?v=sEFIyTtA3Gg

Attached: 1529263495534.jpg (250x250, 5K)

the gamecube/ds period

This is some godlike marketing, honestly. The amount of bootlicking is just insane.

you sound like you;re fresh off the banana boat there, buckaroo. is it perhaps, time to go back?

Attached: 54000249.jpg (600x375, 36K)

why are they ALL like this

Attached: 1528742481799.gif (276x200, 42K)

Most of the good DS games didn't come out until 2006-2007, which were Wii days

Switch. I mean this is a device that both console and handheld franchises. Splatoon, mainline pokemon, AC, platinum action games, fire emblem and an open world 3d zelda in one device? Fuck yes.

>nostalgia for splatoon and xenoblade chronicles
Yeah, I remember playing these great games 20 years ago in 2012 and 2015.

Well, theyre marketing nostalgia to emotionally stunted manchildren and (still) selling pokiemans to 8 year olds... and emotionally stunted manchildren. Not exactly difficult markets to manipulate.

People don't have boners for Iwata and Reggie because of Xenoblade you illiterate retard.

Where is the nostalgia in a game splatoon 2? That ip is like 4 years old.

The nostalgia aren't the games themselves, but the company itself.

They peaked in the 80s and have been doomed ever since.

Are you fucking stupid? He was responding to the question "why do Nintendo fans act like Reggie is a family member?" and his answer was "nostalgia for Nintendo" Reggie predates Splatoon and Xenoblade by a long shot.

Yeah seeing someone just about your age in a similar position quickly die has got to put life into perspective

That's not even a single generation ago, what is wrong with your?

They haven’t even begun to peak.

Attached: 1527108130479.png (430x441, 102K)

dumb zoomer

explain why ALTTP is better without using the words "gimmick" and "soulless"

dude it was like on the gameboy and stuff i had a gameboy as a kid and i played alttp on it when i was kid and it was fun and i played it on the gameboy and now im older and i like thinking back on how much i liked playing alttp on my gameboy when i was a kid i hate albtw because i didnt play that as a kid

>Did Nintendo peak?
Bruh. Nintendo is like a 100 year old company.

>4 cinematic experiences right off the bat
Holy crap. At least put Metroid Prime first, so the list doesn't look terrible.