This is the best 2D platformer of all time

This is the best 2D platformer of all time.

Attached: DKC:TF.jpg (1846x2639, 861K)

Too hard

Truth

it was fun the first time i guess but honestly too difficult; its like those threads where you replay a beloved game but get to THAT part, except its every other level

bait

nah, just best of the last 10-15 years.

History revisionism. The game was not liked when it came out.

Only if you go for shiny gold time trial medals.

That shit was hard as fuck, but I’ll be damned if I wasn’t a master of that game when I was done

Just playing through it is easy though

t. zoomer

Only because it wasn’t Metroid prime 4 though

Yep, great villain too.

Ok no
Better than tiki at least

It’s up there, but it’s not even the best In the series. 2 is just so damn good

>ok no
Why, he seemed pretty good for a platformer villain.

You are deluded by nostalgia if you think any of the original trilogy games are better than TF.

Sonic mania is the best 2d platformer of all time

there isn't a single thing that 2 is better at

Holy shit zoomers

You must be shitty at platformers, 2 is fine tuned and precise as fuck

Yeah and TF is better what's your point

2 had a better bonus world and collectables that rewarded you with new levels. Tropical freeze falls a bit short with it's rewards for completion. However, TF is probably the most solid entry in the series in terms of level design, and that's not an easy feat to accomplish

2>TF>R>1>3

reminder that using 'zoomer' as an insult means you're proud of the fact that you're arguing with children about a video game

I agree with this order, but in the end they're all good games, even 3. The GBA ports weren't even too bad. Personally I find the GBA version of 3 better because of the completely redone OST

Attached: D20AB9A3-1A7E-48BF-811E-0B5BEF052395.jpg (300x350, 22K)

Fair point. I loved all 3 levels in Secret Seclusion, but that's a problem right there, that there are only 3 of them. The ABK levels still meant that there was a ton of additional content, but it would be cool if they were lumped together in a cohesive secret world.

*Block your path*

Attached: 4654654165.jpg (1600x800, 224K)

Yes, yes Nu Yea Forums hates buzzwords

Don’t take it so seriously user, we’re all passive aggressive dicks here

But Sonic 3&K exists user

The K levels are bonus levels too.

I'll be honest I missed the kind of visual storytelling that makes the main levels so stellar when I was playing the K stages. I would have liked more than "you have been a good boy, here are some platforms"

Legends and Origins were good but I wish both games had some sort of existing narrative like rayman 2 and 3. Not that it needed one but it was weird how there was no goofy plotline or anything, as 2 and 3 thrived on that.

Speaking of 2 and 3, I really want to see ubisoft put out another 3D rayman, I think the series thrived in 3D. However seeing the current state of ubisoft and the absolute state of the rayman franchise, I doubt it'll ever happen.

>However seeing the current state of ubisoft and the absolute state of the rayman franchise, I doubt it'll ever happen.
Actually, Michel Ancel, Rayman's creator stated that he wanted to give Rayman 4 another shot when he's finished with Beyond Good & Evil 2, so there's hope user.

3 has a lot of fundamental level design problems imo

But agreed, it’s still good

I agree, good thing funky kong is there.This, i prefer rayman legends/origins kind of difficulty (origins was harder tho). Yoshi's woolly world and crafted world are also good (fracted world only has demo).
But kirby is my fav platformer series altogether, it's hard to call it a platformer really tho.

Yeah there a lot of questionable level designs and stage gimmicks. The bobsleigh is so odd to control and the sewer levels with it are a pain in the fucking ass. But the weird mishmash of ideas and the overall design of the game was the result of it being a B team project while the main team worked on DK64. It's just unfocused in what it wants to do and because of that, it ends up being weaker than the other 2 snes games. However it still has a lot of good levels, set-pieces and music (both GBA and SNES).

Attached: Klonoa_(Door_to_Phantomile)_(PS1).png (320x348, 76K)

They're good platforming challenges yeah and a good reward for getting all the KONG letters in a world. But the actual bonus world is kind of underwhelming.

Also part of the charm for 100% DKC2 was getting to fight a new final boss with a new ending. A bonus ending probably wouldn't make sense in TF but it's disappointing that there isn't a new boss.

Word on the street is that Retro wanted to put K. Rool in the Switch port but Sakurai called dibs on reviving him.

1 > 3 > R > TF > 2

I love yoshi and kirby, but their games are piss easy, the hardest game from both series is probably yoshi’s island DS...which is easy

Like fuck it wasn't. Everyone was praising it when it came out and making fun of gamespot for rating it low

Maybe that's why i prefer them, i don't like super challening platformers.

brave post here m8 i respect you

thanks.