Dub>sub

Dub>sub

Attached: 34c5ff74e5df37f55806e2859147ae3fdf06e1a4v2_00.jpg (512x512, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tEXurYaIHao
youtube.com/watch?v=YpSgtoSSIgM
four-loose-screws.tumblr.com/post/75221663887/fire-emblem-awakening-master-post
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

THATS A LOT OF NUTS

More like Sub>dom

Dubs are trash. The fact that they weren't the intended way to consume the medium proves it.

Depends on the quality of the dub

same applies to translations

Some of those Sega games had really bad dubbing. It's still better than what KT is doing with the new Atelier game. $59.99 for Japanese dogs yapping.

I used to have a strong preference for subtitles but in the end had to admit that the quality of dubs these days makes them better. But it depends on the game. If a game is very weebish then a sub can still be better to provide a mask for the cringe.

Dub or Sub is 100% dependant on the quality of the actual voice acting
Something being a sub does not instantly make it terrible
Something being a dub does not instantly make it terrible
Rate them on their own merits instead of being a sheep who needs a magic word to tell them whether or not they are allowed to like something

Attached: consider this.jpg (318x159, 11K)

Dub>Sub>Dom>Baird>The Witness

youtube.com/watch?v=tEXurYaIHao

Based and rationalpilled

Attached: 5037A5D2-EBD0-4D4C-87F4-9BBB0264ABDA.jpg (500x543, 51K)

This, and when someone says "you can't tell the difference lmao" they're just admitting they are too stupid to recognize inflections and emotions in another language.

Attached: if you say so.jpg (1272x700, 101K)

Even in the very rare cases where you play a Japanese game and the voice acting sucks, it's very unlikely that the English dub is going to be any better. See Grandia 1.

what would be a better way to translate this
>you you you

Post games with quality dubs, pic very much related.

Attached: Milly.jpg (172x160, 9K)

Troy Baker

youtube.com/watch?v=YpSgtoSSIgM

Attached: UKXDkTO.png (748x1284, 667K)

Is good at yelling and nothing else. Matt Mercer is a better Troy Baker than Troy Baker.

It’s not like the game was fully voiced but they did a damn fine job with the attack shouts
MY FOCUS IS UNPARALLELED
MY BLADE IS UNBENDING
A TEMPEST OF ICE SHALL RAIN
THE LION DANCES
THIS CALLS FOR SURGERY
THE WINDS OF FORTUNE ARE BLOWING
HEAR THE THUNDER ROAR
A TORRENT OF ARROWS

t. retard.

Forgot pic

Iirc Fate’s localization is so infamously bad that their work games has been serverly cut back. Fire Emblem immediately went back to 8-4 after

Attached: CFCE77A8-A697-4965-AFA8-1155134CE5C2.jpg (980x620, 86K)

Attached: video games.png (521x131, 10K)

For video games, yes

For anime, no

>Fire Emblem immediately went back to 8-4 after
Yeah, and we all know 8-4 is known for their quality work.

Attached: watch out for 8-4 enemies of translation.jpg (912x1768, 281K)

Pretty much.
Think what's more intimidating, someone going off their nutter and ranting at you. Or someone just saying "you" in an even angrier tone each time.

You're actually right.

Attached: 1297789740133.gif (406x342, 4K)

That’s because Henry’s characterization was changed in general for Awakening, and this applies to most of his supports. Just like Nowi is a bit more mature with very childish aspects than being a full blown underaged girl.
t. awakening autist
The other most noteworthy changes are Owain and Lucina’s S support and “”companions””
Doesn’t stop Morgan from potentially fucking their uncle though as that’s a full blown S support

Attached: 2923B4AD-599D-4AA4-A2D5-FB1B6F441352.png (400x393, 156K)

Why be so black and white? Dubs can be both good or shit. The voice direction makes or breaks it.

BASED. You can appreciate a dub if it's good or bad

Attached: 8969980.png (1280x720, 962K)

Literally everyone's characterisation was changed in 8-4 because 8-4 are fucking retards who insist on flanderising every character they get their hands on. The reason Severa is liked in Japan and hated in the west isn't just "Japan likes bitchy tsunderes", it's that 8-4 changed her into a bitch for no reason, and they did the same thing to Maribelle by making her constantly insult Vaike for being a filthy peasant when her entire character is that she's a noble who doesn't judge the non-nobles and is liked for that. And then they pulled this same sort of shit in Echoes because they pull this shit in literally every game they ever work on.

Attached: fat notte.jpg (1199x910, 189K)

Reminds me of Kefka localization where he got stabbed by Celes and in the OG version he calls her a stupid bitch, Woosley changed it to
“I hate hate hate
hate hate hate hate
hate hate hate hate
hate hate hate hate
hate you!”
And that’s why America Kefka is more original than unliked OG Kefka that they literally changed over the years in various multimedia stuff making him more like the American version in shit like Dissdia.

>Literally everyone's characterisation was changed in 8-4
In Awakening, rather.

I would, but it's too much effort to spend 20 minutes comparing and contrasting moments and I get spoiled as well, so I just end up going for whatever I hear first.

>And that’s why America Kefka is more original than unliked OG Kefka that they literally changed over the years in various multimedia stuff making him more like the American version in shit like Dissdia.
I wish people would stop perpetuating this myth.

Exactly

What do you mean? Jap Kefka was much more bland and generally unpopular compared to how his reception in the west compares

Watching dubs is like eating boneless hot wings with ranch dressing; it's a counterfeit experience for weak individuals.

Attached: frog butt2.jpg (850x1272, 231K)

While I knew about Severa because you get a real different feel for her in Fates can I see the difference in Maribelle supports that is news to me.

I’d consider respecting your opinion if you didn’t pick the worst girl from that series

Attached: 4A0F5B21-A409-4DCB-B0FD-29A3F97356B2.png (240x207, 2K)

four-loose-screws.tumblr.com/post/75221663887/fire-emblem-awakening-master-post
Have fun looking at how much they fucked up. 8-4 are a fucking blight.

I love reading more supports honestly. I wonder if the line about Stahl using Chrom’s sword was in the OG script

Attached: 118E662E-7B27-4D6F-8CC9-849FF67BC494.png (500x500, 220K)

for vidja but not for anime

Attached: 52173569.jpg (677x418, 62K)

It depends.
No one with good taste prefers dubbed anime over subbed.
In vidya I don't care about sub or dub because gameplay is king. So I usually played it dub if it gets dubbed

Attached: 1550793727200.gif (360x270, 2.27M)

Yea Forumstarded

Attached: 1550168397220.png (494x507, 248K)

This

Attached: 1550790856192.jpg (748x749, 52K)

Based. Only reason I play BOTW in jap dialogue is because the American Zelda is trash as fuck

Holy shit this. How in the ever loving fuck did they pick such a bad voice actress. I tolerate bad dubs but I can’t get over how awful her voice is

Attached: 03E7D8C7-FBF3-49C4-AEA3-A4212C2DE850.jpg (498x499, 40K)

It depends on how much I’ve got to be reading. Literally my only complaint about Pirate Warriors 3 is that they didn’t dub it so I’m almost never actually catching any of the dialogue since there’s so much shit going on

Japanese pt. 1:
[マリアベル] (Maribelle)
ロンクーさん!(Lon’qu!)

あなた、どういうつもりですの?▼ (What are you doing?)
[ロンクー]
どう…とは?▼ (What… are you talking about?)
English>Jap for here at least

Attached: 6724059D-1958-4935-9933-A95FBAFC8232.jpg (499x563, 129K)

CHOSEN ONE!

this is pretty based

>English>Jap because they rewrote shit for no reason
Ok fag, but even you couldn't defend the rest of the conversation.
>【ロンクー】 (Lon'qu)
>わかった、話す! (I get it, I’ll tell you!)
>話すから…離れてくれ! (I’ll tell you so… leave me alone!)

>【マリアベル】
>全く…そこまで女性が (Truly… are you this)
>苦手なんですの? (poor with women?)

>Lon'qu:
>Enough! I yield! Just remove your paw from me.

>Maribelle:
>PAW?! Why, you inbred, foul-tempered, lowborn gutter rat! Are you truly so averse to women that you must insult them at every turn?

And elsewhere:

>【マリアベル】 (Maribelle)
>えっ…? (Eh…?)

>Maribelle:
>I’m sorry, did you just shriek at me like some kind of ill-mannered lout?

This is the kind noble who wants to understand the lower classes. This is how 8-4 chose to convey that.

What can’t i just joke about how a single line is more comedic?
Are you that fucking up tight?

Attached: 69897F19-3BC0-4174-AFDA-D82D98A5C378.png (616x385, 174K)

If subs are so good, why can't I roll Subs?

Dubs can good and subs can be good.
Dubs can be bad and subs can be bad.
It's case by case OP. You can't make broad statements like that.

But user
you can’t get dubs here anymore

Attached: AD16240E-6529-45CD-A05E-F0A2DBDC64AF.jpg (326x326, 16K)

The problem here is that you're not comparing two scripts that are unrelated to each other, you're comparing the original script and what's supposed to be a translation of that script. I can agree that the English line is entertaining, but 8-4's eagerness to discard the original script for rewrites they think make it better is exactly how you end up with garbage like the rest of that conversation, and the rest of the script in general.

>Dubfags
Normalfags and children. They have the basic excuse of blind ignorance, most of them probably couldn't even locate Japan on a map. These people are definitely retards, but this is more due to inexperience than actual idiocy.

>Subfags
Insufferable ironic weebs. They have managed to cotton on to the basic fact that localisation work is a sham industry that only produces low quality content, but they're too lazy to learn the language. Almost certainly insufferable people to be around, due to their bizarre superiority complex despite consuming identical content to dubfags.

>Japanese speakers
Kings. Anyone who has made it through the hilariously simple path of learning Japanese, especially in the internet age where high quality learning material is available around every corner, has managed to elevate themselves a few orders of magnitude above the petty arguments of sub v dub.

Dubs for anime because the lip sync doesn't matter
Dubs for vidya because they can redo the lipsync
Subs for live-action films because dubbing over actual human mouth movement looks retarded

Attached: 1535572517156.png (1512x1512, 2.09M)

>Dubs for vidya because they can redo the lipsync
Name one company aside from Squeenix that does this.

I know but I don't roll on Yea Forums now do I?

Konami.

I mean part of the point of localization is that it’s not supposed always be a line for line translation.
Sure it fucks shit up for a Severa when you go full retard but Henry’s backstory wouldn’t fit Awakening’s tone as well as that’s a much more serious situation in the West and clashes hard with the rest of the game.
Like why the fuck would us filthy gaijin care about Sumia making Bento boxes for Chrom.
Fuck if anything it’s a shitty support because it didn’t change enough

>some tard who doesn't know Japanese complaining about professional translators episode

>I mean part of the point of localization is that it’s not supposed always be a line for line translation.
No one ever argues for this. Pic related.
> but Henry’s backstory wouldn’t fit Awakening’s tone as well as that’s a much more serious situation in the West
Are you retarded? You think Japan doesn't take child abuse seriously?

Attached: 1356245632807.jpg (1371x1348, 624K)

How can you be a professional translator when you don't translate anything?

Attached: 1534320819394.jpg (934x855, 73K)

The perfect counter example for this is related to Chrom and Sumia, I shouldn’t be expected to know what a fucking Bento box is to understand the support of it was literally translated.
Cultural lines of dialog don’t fit game that’s are supposed to be fictional and international.

Steins;Gate. Checkmate, faggot.

dumb chestbutt poster

Attached: 1539796085470.jpg (632x600, 49K)

I agree with this man.

>Americans don't know what a lunchbox is

The only people who like dubs are redditors and other normalfags.

No, you should always consume media in it's original language.

Yes but prior to me actually watching anime making lunches meant nothing to me and I’m guessing it wouldn’t mean much to the bulk on non-eastern countries

>not switching between all language options to experience the varying intricacies of translated dialogue and localization

Voice acting in games was a mistake to begin with, bad voice acting that is funny (like in ps1 era) is the only good type of voice acting.

Attached: 1550707629901m.jpg (913x1024, 65K)

Good or bad, when someone challenges you to a duel, you've just gotta step up. There's no choice!

Something something ghost stories are a legitimate example something something black lagoon is actually enhanced a bit something something

>games
Always go dub.
>chinese cartoons
Always go sub (with few exceptions like DBZ).

Find a flaw.

>wanting shitty dubs that only delay the games release date when the game already has voice acting
shiggy

did anyone actually complained about juggernotte or did they just remove her out of the blue?