Okay so I've been out of the Tetris game for a while if you can't tell by this post...

Okay so I've been out of the Tetris game for a while if you can't tell by this post, honestly I think the last version I owned was on the gameboy color which I guess is basic. I also would just play that Free Tetris browser flash game all the time when I was bored. Never tried any of the mobile phone versions.

But when did Tetris start letting you hold blocks? And has T-Spinning always been a thing? I'm interested in getting good at Tetris 99 so I'm curious.

Also Tetris 99 thread I guess.

Attached: nintendo-tetris-99.jpg (970x546, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tetris.fandom.com/wiki/The_New_Tetris
harddrop.com/wiki/Category:T-Spin_Methods
harddrop.com/wiki/STSD
harddrop.com/wiki/STMB_Cave
youtu.be/tlZgwh1_R28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Like 20 years ago

Get a single player version of tetris so you can get used to marathon increasing speeds and T-spins without garbage.

Holding's been around for a long time, I want to say after Tetris DX (GBC), but I could be wrong. T-spins have always been around, I think.

literally 1999

tetris elements is pretty good. there also was that one on the psp that had all kinds of gameplay modifications.

This game

tetris.fandom.com/wiki/The_New_Tetris

T-spins are possible in NES, but doesn't give you anything. It is also really hard to do since the block locks down almost immediately. Not triples though

any tips on setting up t-spins, i usually end up with setups on accident most of the time or at the beginning

set up 2 red S blocks on right corner than you set up a green S or a blue L to the left of that to use a Purple T for the T spin.

t-spins were always possible, but they didn't send as much garbage as tetrises on the really old tetrises. It only just started with Grand Master

This. Puyo-Puyo Tetris is a good place to start, it has a pretty extensive tutorial for the advanced mechanics.

I have puyo puyo tetris pirated can someone help me to connect a controller to it so I can play VS?

Best version of Tetris BY FAR coming through. I’ll never get rid of my copy

Attached: 9C61E982-4B9B-4798-861B-FCAB9FC59E38.jpg (220x202, 22K)

I wish you people would just stop.

The presentation is top notch, but it's broken as a tetris game.

Attached: 1538178394576.jpg (917x871, 112K)

Why can’t you fucking turn off the music?!? Goddamn

Attached: 2A7A0E9B-E3A3-40BF-8072-08DBFEFFDD8D.jpg (500x488, 23K)

In what way is it broken?

You can infinitely spin blocks

I like it lots.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For real, that music is hot trash. Just give us anything original, the old themes are so stale now.

honestly just practice openers
you'll start to get it and see a potential T shape as you play more and things start connecting in your brain faster
I'd recommend keeping your hole in the middle of your field for the easiest setups.
harddrop.com/wiki/Category:T-Spin_Methods
Just knowing that shit like this exists will help things flow. I recommend getting to know more about the imperial cross. It helped knock into my brain how this all really worked. I don't recommend actually doing it in game though. A fractal would be easier to manage if you're not at the bottom of your field.
harddrop.com/wiki/STSD
harddrop.com/wiki/STMB_Cave
probably the most mid-game t-spin setups I use the most though
donating too

Fuck. I guess that does kind of break things. I enjoy the game for fun anyway so it’s no big deal in that regard for me

Attached: 292C624A-2BB3-4E33-B11B-FEB5590777FE.jpg (600x450, 46K)

Even if it's not literally infinite, you can spin them for way too long in all modern Tetris games. Long enough that endless isn't challenging, even on its highest speed.

literally tetris effect

Is it worth it without VR?

Tetris effect on a sideways Switch would be dope

How's Tetris Axis as a Tetris game?

Attached: 170451b.jpg (190x169, 15K)

whats a good 1v1 tetris game on pc?
ive been playing tetris friends 2p battle but im 99% sure im not even playing against people
im too much of a jew to buy ppt

Attached: 1533406509750.gif (100x100, 17K)

Only Tetris game on Steam is Puyo Puyo Tetris.
>spoiler
Oh you're boned then

tetris online poland

Is that the one made by Ubisoft? If it's the one made by Ubisoft, then avoid it like the plague. 30 fucking frames per second in a Tetris game is unacceptable.

No, Axis was made by Hudson, Ultimate was made by Ubisoft.

>Ubisoft managed to fuck up their version of Tetris so bad that it somehow crashes on PS4 and XB1

How is such a thing possible?

>site doesnt even load
am i just going to have to buy ppt at this point

Jstris is a clone that runs on your fucking browser
If that fails just download Nullpomino

T spin should be nerfed

It's really strong, but 4 wide combos are stronger

>tfw too retarded to do anything but spam 2 wide combos
i can very rarely get off a double t spin triple but i usually shit myself and ruin the stack by that point

Attached: 1543370047347.jpg (350x359, 25K)

Just do 4w like everyone else

search for a run of "Ritual Passion" on youtube and watch it all the way through and youll see how fucking hype the shit is

youtu.be/tlZgwh1_R28
2:27 onward