Can someone please explain to me why the fuck Nintendo think's its a good idea to do a 1:1 Remake of a fucking GameBoy...

Can someone please explain to me why the fuck Nintendo think's its a good idea to do a 1:1 Remake of a fucking GameBoy game on their most powerful console?

Attached: Links+awakening+for+switch_64a3b3_6945821.jpg (900x366, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EPHTYjbTb2o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nostalgiatards will eat it up and it'll make Nintendo hella cash

i fucking hate that depth of field it looks so shit, artstyle would be fine otherwise

Lots of people want it, that's why it's a good idea

creative bankrupcy

The art style I don't have a problem with. If anything I wish more games would use creative and out of left field art styles.

But if you're going to do a remake on a system that redefined how to do an Open World game from the SAME SERIES. Why in the world would you funnel your design to be faithful to the company's least powerful console?

>hella cash
You're not wrong but get the fuck out.

Lots of people are also fucking idiots. That's how we got fucking Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee because for some reason we needed yet another remake of Red/Blue/Yellow

I remember when people bitched that RE2make was looking too different in terms of level design, not even control style. But now people remember that differentiating itself from the original is exactly what REmake did right and now people like it. Shame no other company can figure that out.

Attached: Ada Wong.jpg (1080x600, 52K)

I absolutely love Link's Awakening but I agree. A 3D reimagining running on Breath of the Wild's engine would have been much preferred.

Because their "most powerful console" is basically an overclocked last generation tablet.

>low budget costs
>Can charge whatever they want a nintards will eat it up

Seems pretty smart to me.

Because it works and they still eat it up.

>unga bunga no one allowed enjoy things

>How to sell your literal mobile game for $60

Because what's the fucking point of remaking a game if you're going to change everything about it?

I couldn't beat Link's Awakening as a kid
It was too tough. I was a serious brainlet

because its a good game

see

Because they don't want to cannibalize BOTW2 in terms of sales and/or man hours by overhauling LA into a 3D Zelda.

Attached: 1381250084163.jpg (366x321, 87K)

Because if they changed it even slightly you faggots would complain that it’s not true to the original.

Why would you remake a game and NOT change anything aside from the graphics?

I got stuck at the Eagle's Tower for a week and never finished it, life moved on. Now I'll have my chance.

We don't know if it is yet

*COUGH*
A Link Between Worlds?
*COUGH*
Wind Waker HD
*COUGH*

Based on what we've seen so far, it looks very accurate to the original.

youtube.com/watch?v=EPHTYjbTb2o

because fuck you, that's why.

user, I don't think you realize how many people it took to make BoTW. It wasn't just the Zelda dev team. It took multiple dev teams spanning several companies to make it, it was a ridiculously ambitious project and other games suffered from it.

During Xenoblade 2's development, 80% of MonolothSoft was working with Nintendo on BoTW, their job was art design and overworld design. Xenoblade 2 was made with a skeleton crew while most of Monolith's manpower was working on BoTW. Same situation with many other dev teams too.

You could be enjoying better things if you held Nintendo to higher standards

Because the point of a remake is so people who never played the original can experience the game with a fresh, modern coat of paint and QOL improvements.

See: Mario All-Stars, DuckTales remastered, Black Mesa, the Master Chief Collection, the Final Fantasy remakes, OOT/MM 3D, the Crash/Spyro collections, REmake.
Then you have games that freshen up the level design while retaining the same gameplay, only adding to the original, like Metroid Zero Mission, the first two Pokemon remakes, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, MGS Twin Snakes.

And then you have games that are so different from the originals, they should have just been brand new games, like RE2. What's even the point? It's not like you're giving people who never played the originals an appreciation for the game, because everything about it is different, usually even the story is changed so you can't use the excuse "so people can experience the story".

>Muh deep dark zelda game that doesn't reveal how it's "dark" until the ending cutscene
Get fucked fags

Please don't be one of those open-world niggers who keep asking for Pokemon on Skyrim's engine

Yeah, it's really goddamn weird considering Aonuma's stance on remakes.

Wasn't Wii U stronger than Switch or am I mistaken?

What Nintendo is thinking is that the main Zelda team is busy working on Breath of the Wild: Majora's Mask, so they gave this project to a literal who team just to pad their release schedule and tide people over.
Probably.

Because if it's not 1:1 you'll bitch endlessly.

This. It's essentially the same reason why they released the Pokemon Let's Go games.

It was probably a 3ds game at one point. Since 3ds is dying, they changed it to switch. The artstyle looks like something a 3ds game would have.

I'm pretty sure most of those guys know how unrealistic that expectation is. What they're really looking for is Pokemon that looks like a Dragon Quest game.
Let's try it and find out

>Breath of the Wild: Majora's Mask
I wish

RE2 isn't a remake, it's a reimagining with the feel of the original's intent

>you comprain remake is too different
>then you comprain remake is too same
>what the fuck you think you want?
>now werr just gonna portu more WiiU games, fakku you

Attached: miyamoto3.jpg (610x404, 130K)

The different "re" words are all on a spectrum more or less.
On one end you have re release/port: The same game released again, and on the other end you have reimagining: a totally different game using familiar elements.
REmake 2 is closer to reimagining than most remakes, but it is still more similar to RE2 than Shattered Memories was to Silent Hill 1.

Attached: excuse me princess.jpg (320x240, 23K)

>Bloom
>depth of field
>Shitty model work
Bad 3D is inf% worse than Bad Sprites
and Good sprites make me cum, so this is a hard pass for me, dog.

Attached: Right arm of the forbidden one.png (1000x1000, 668K)

>>now werr just gonna portu more WiiU games, fakku you
This is literally all I want. I literally just want to experience an entire generation of games that were fucking held hostage by the most god awful hardware in videogame history
I'm talking VirtualBoy levels of Ass Analogue
mother fucking R.O.B. (the physical thing, not the smash character) Levels of Unwieldy UI

Nintendo built their company on low effort, safe and boring cash grabs.

Nintendo being greedy and not wanting to give the game a higher budget, shame

i'm still surprised Yea Forums wants anything but a 1:1 remake. I feel like I've suddenly slipped out of understanding the board culture again.

>I literally just want to experience an entire generation of games that were fucking held hostage by the most god awful hardware in videogame history
>what is Cemu

>$60 for a 3ds scrap port

Attached: your_mom_will_die_in_her_sleep_tonight.png (784x720, 972K)

For 3D games sure no problem. But a 1:1 remake of a GameBoy game in 2019.

Why even?

Here’s another thought: No Video Game remake going from 2D to 3D has ever turned out good.
(Turn Based Games don’t count)

Switch is stronger. Not by much (even less than the difference between base xb1 and base ps4 when talking about the GPUs) but it is stronger