Attached: Nioh.jpg (600x351, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=peNQ39FLgxk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

only if you don't use magic

magic is for bitches

yeah there are some toughies

What you don't like about it, senpai?

I like it but I'm doing the kanbei and the overlord sub-mission and the spawning waves at the end is kicking my ass..

>he's never played a souls game before

Fucking casual

I've got the plat in all DS games and Bloodborne but this is a lot harder.

3 Kelly's are bullshit above normal difficulty

just use spear or dual swords and spam with magic makes it piss easy

Cheesed em, even then took forever.

I'm mainly using the Kusarigama and I only have the spell to weaken the enemies attack. I'm around level 30 so far.

I beat them no prob on normal but on strong they hit hard and they all come out faster. Classic Team Ninja honestly, I hope Nioh 2 is more insane with the difficulty and doesn't allow for easy cheese.

Just got the complete version for 30 bucks (cnd) which seems like a good deal. Unfortunately its like the 5th game in my backlog. I'm hoping I can get through it before Nioh 2 comes out.

You MUST master the Ki recharge shit or else you'll get your ass eaten out by anyoni.
Dodge on low-stance, block on mid-stance, hit hard from a safe distance at high-stance. Swap between them as much as you can to maximize your defenses.
Spear is pretty good to keep dudes away and the high-stance ki-pulse combo can keep humanoid enemies stunlocked forever.

*Blocks your path*

Attached: Hino_Enma_Glare_Extra.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Just don't get hit bro

Hilariously, her paralysis never gave me much trouble. Her wakeup from ki depletion continues to fuck my aggression.

Mercifully, there's paralysis cures and accessories all over that mission and once you get the shrine close to her it's a >1min corpse run.

Legit might be the hardest game I've played. Souls are baby-tier compared to some of the bosses in Nioh. That 2-on-1 fight against those two dojo masters holy shit absolutely no room for mistakes.

Does using magic that just buffs my own ass enough that I can take some demon hits without instantly dying still make me a bitch?

I like being able to get into slugfests with things that look like they should be peeling me like a banana.

I don't know why people have a time with bitch she's super easy when you find out you can shoot her out of the sky
pic related this motherfucker almost made me pull my godamn hair
>do little to no damage without fire buff
>instakill laser with short telegraph
>accidentally fall out of the arena
Thank god i learned how to cheese him with the fire mask though

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

Nioh is deeply flawed because the difficulty is completely different depending on which play style you choose. If you play a magic focused character it's baby mode easy but if you play a slow heavy weapon user some parts are really ball breaking

>If you play a magic focused character it's baby mode easy
>T. only played WotSam

Get the resurrection scroll from Ninja skill tree.

>the fucking dojo master gauntlet

Attached: [AHHHHHHHH].jpg (313x559, 60K)

which magic? by the way, im pretty sure DB has been nerfed

>tfw you beat the final boss almost effortlessly by just spamming magic spells at him
>meleefags probably died millions of times whilst I was dusting off my next game to play

Attached: weens.png (479x663, 613K)

>>do little to no damage without fire buff
>didn't learn that it takes normal damage after attacks when its core is exposed just like the small versions
GIT

>bragging about playing on easy mode

>fire buff
Talismans, whether majutsu or items, should mean you don't need to pop the torches. And even without fire, the cores take enough damage from raw attacks.

>instakill laser with short telegraph
As long as the other telegraphs it has in that phase. Given how most of those attacks have narrow ranges, you should be repositioning when a new animation would begin.

>accidentally fall out of the arena
Legitimately bullshit design. Especially since there is a about-to-fall-off state which is triggered with slower movement; it should happen whenever falling would result in death. Add an extra ki cost in dodging back to safety or whatever, but 'oops you moved around too much' when dodge iframes are essential to some styles is nonsense.

I doubt anyone died more than once to Orochi, he's not particularly hard

If you really fucking suck, use a trainer for max everything

actually it ez

don't listen to this user, only use a trainer for Glory so you don't have to grind out the cute girl skins

this must be a REALLY hard game for people not to berate OP for saying it's hard.

Looks like i'm in for a time when i finally crack it open

>Thank god i learned how to cheese him with the fire mask though
explain, he killed me once earlier today and i gently shut my PS4 off

>Does using magic that just buffs my own ass enough that I can take some demon hits without instantly dying still make me a bitch?
You shouldn't get one shot on NG, so yes.

get fire masks
get up in his business
use fire masks
watch him die in 30 seconds

Fucking umi-blowzu, this was hands down the most common boss whenever I was helping strangers online. Ended up just bringing fire shots anytime I was looking for coop. Honestly hit a point where I was killing the boss in a bout 30-60 seconds.

You can use a yokai water pot if you have one to instantly break the revenant's stamina. You can use the fire heads to buff your weapon.

yeet
thank you, sir

>As long as the other telegraphs it has in that phase. Given how most of those attacks have narrow ranges, you should be repositioning when a new animation would begin.
I don't know man it's like he doesn't even move he just goes from standing still (as still as a giant wave of water can) and then suddenly laser beam sends me from 100 to 0 in a second
youtube.com/watch?v=peNQ39FLgxk
I used this cheese

It's not that bad. The first few levels where I had to take my time and be careful were the best part. After the Water level I just steamrolled everything. Still one of my favorite games though and one of the most fun games to coop on. I wish I could finish Way of the Nioh but I just don't have the autism to farm weapon upgrades in increments of 1 point at a time.

I've spent a whole aftternoom helping people out with this boss. I finished my 11 hour session with only motherfucking 2 victories.
The hosts died ALL THE OTHER TIMES, to anything. At least 90% of them didn't ever try following me after I pointed to where I was going to put fire on my weapon, they just stood in the middle of the arena waiting to die while I went alone and tried to take the boss' attention to no avail.
People absolutely suck at this game so fucking hard it's unbelievable, like holy shit can you fucks get drivers licences? Can you get a passable score on any school test? Is everyone playing this game on an elder people asylum or something for disabled kids? I don't get it.

>Nioh is deeply flawed because the difficulty is completely different depending on which play style you choose.
I mean, that's how RPGs work. Certain builds are going to be better at certain things than others, and the game also expects you to use all the weapons that your build works around, like if you focus on strength, you should use axe + odachi + sword + dual sword + spear because strength scales with all of them. TN does need to find a way to balance spells and LW though. Maybe make the spells stack less with each other.

>not using the best tools the game makes available to you just so you can brag online

Attached: ddasdasd.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

Once you learn to back off and let enemies do their thing, the game isn't that hard. If you try to go balls out and swing wildly at everything, you're going to end up real dead real fast.

Attached: 1420177771641.gif (500x334, 982K)

>loot spirit that has purple armor
>warrior of the west

i shouldnt be surprised

Attached: 1531123128446.jpg (525x525, 35K)

>I don't know man it's like he doesn't even move he just goes from standing still (as still as a giant wave of water can) and then suddenly laser beam sends me from 100 to 0 in a second
He starts doing that at around 75% to 50% hp, if you notice he also starts doing followups to all of his attacks in that phase, which gives you reason to pay attention to that. He usually shoots his laser after shooting a dark ball.

This user is very cool, thank you user.

Attached: c63f0aef156e0c9b38723246c70391959490dd4a_hq.jpg (1024x683, 58K)

Watch the inner glow and mind the tempo of attacks. It's about two seconds between the impact of one attack and the start of the next, so start doing lateral dodges (not forward/backward) once the big boi returns to a neutral posture. Worst case is that you've spent a bit of time and ki being careful, which isn't that bad in a genre that punishes overconfidence.

G I T G U D

It's not that bad, most players are retarded and don't look at the options that they have. But you should sometimes try and look at a wiki to understand some of the poorly translated stuff. There are skills you can unlock in Nioh that just straight up lie to you like Ki Pulse : Man and Ki Pulse : Earth.

>look at revenant
>warrior of the west
>futsonomitama
>Suzaku spirit

how do I get more black fans? I'm working through the dlc areas + strong and have like +3-5 divine shit in most of my slots, rocking +5 dual bloodstained hatchets and full iga gear but going for like a dumb lucky ninja build, but I haven't upgraded my accessories since like lvl 79

>Ki Pulse Man negates the Ki cost of the next block
>Ki Pulse Earth negates the Ki cost of the next dodge
WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Nigga if you think Nioh is hard I'd love to have seen you play the first beta

I go full tryhard in any game. Why would anyone not use every tool available to dominate a fucking kideo game?

can you level up and just brute force your way through Nioh? that's how I play Bloodborne and is easy peasy.

>start finally using the torii gate near the end of way of the samurai
>get weekly camp winning bonus and unlock delicious kunoichi
>play as her for a few missions
>go back to my nigga kelley
I am the motherfucking hollow man, worth it but almost disappointing plus I still need to get far enough to even unlock the option for maria

Shut up

Attached: mark-wiens.jpg (600x600, 197K)

Yeah it's hard. Hard to play because it's so repetitive and boring!

Soul requirements to level in Nioh increases real fast. But you can put all your points into health and use a weapon that scales with health like the spear.

nah you kind have to have an understanding of how the ki mechanic works and your defensive options and how stances work and when to use them
also if you one your very first playthrough sloth and weakener talisman will basically carry you through the majority game, sloth doesn't get start getting nerfed till NG+

It's not really all that hard, it's just that fucking up and winding up dead are very common while learning to play. This game has decently high damage values and will actively fuck you over if you button mash. I've seen countless players die due to spastically using the same attack over and over again.

Not nearly as much, the stat system is complex with its diminishing returns but some weapons raise in damage while you raise your hp, but each hp+ you gain is vastly inferior to how much you got on BB per level.
If you can get your timing right the high-stance axe carried me through most of the game just dodging back and strong attacking.

You people are insufferable, he wasn’t even complaining

He just commented that it was hard

How did you go about defeating these two dickheads?

Attached: twokings.jpg (1093x1118, 534K)

I don't use Sloth Talisman since it seems like a great way to form bad habits. Would rather master the timing of enemies in their au naturelle state

It also fucks up your muscle memory since you have to learn two timings, or three if you include lightning.

>not just heavy stance all the time, using only the heavy attack and ki pulse to get rid of the yokai shit

Attached: 1530428503334.jpg (409x389, 28K)

>not only using Lumber Chop + Rage

Use the giant rock to split them up and fight them 1v1 for a bit, just keep repeating until one of them dies and should be straightforward from there
I'm fucking proud of you son, there's no shame in using tool like quickchange scroll when you have to do "Everlasting duty" that sub mission is some supreme bullshit

Attached: 1519462520561.jpg (662x668, 118K)

I basically cheated and used the sloth talisman. I did come back later and do it without magic and it basically boils down to well timed dodges and 1-2 attacks at a time.

Friendly reminder that the alpha demo was 3 years ago in a couple of months!

Attached: download.jpg (216x233, 5K)

Umi wasn't too bad, just his second form was a nuisance
Elsa though... fucking hell

Attached: the absolute state of me.jpg (1280x1440, 271K)

Conquerorposting was fun

Ah fuck why

Attached: E93F7216-8DE7-49F3-8DC3-C86A633A81BA.gif (220x180, 1001K)

You can actually just shoot her to death with cannon and the rifle. It's why you can get ammo by breaking ice on the ground.

Pronounced "nah-mah hah-gay".
It is said they don straw hats and, with knife or hatchet in hand, visit houses in the neighbourhood searching for thos guilty of laziness or bad behaviour.

Attached: namahage.jpg (804x929, 185K)

I must have like 200 hours+ in this game and i had no idea that this was a thing, holy shit.

Yeah in hindsight I should have popped her with some ranged attacks.
Her different barrages of ice shards were my main problem.

how many children has he killed?

It's REALLY fucking hard without some sort of cheese method like the onmyo magic that summons a spirit to perma knock down one or using the rock.

I love fighting revenants, I'm glad I've finally gotten far enough that they're starting to wear different stuff.

it is not really that hard. You will see, by the time you finish the game you can pretty much 1v1 anyone and anything without any issue. You will be questioning why you ever had a hard time to start with.

>finally get past the hump of every single revenant wearing WotW
>they all start wearing Red Demon armor

Attached: boi.png (396x540, 291K)

here's a hint OP and for anyone else that has trouble with the game (also relevant to the "wakeup" strike of hino enma)
Any time the enemy does a 360 attack, it deals really low ki damage. This means you can block it with ease.

In fact, block is extremely important. Most enemies have an attack you're supposed to dodge, and at least one 360 attack that is extremely difficult to dodge but barely dents your block.

Haha yeah I saw those attacks mess up a bunch of players, it was always fun to watch the host run away and then clue into my tatic of “shoot the bitch”

>tfw you hear a siren

>does 100 damage per hit while horns are just slightly out of reach
just a lazy guy

Focus on tachibana since he's faster, keep an eye on honda, if you keep your distance he has only two attacks, the rock throw and a stinger. Should be easy enough, just don't be greedy.

Oh man this was such a big disappointment for me. The slow assholes were so god damn easy to kill.

watching my brother try to beat yukki-onna was soul crushing. it is not like dark souls at all where your face eventually smashes through the brick wall through sheer force of will. it's firmly a "get good or get the fuck out" game, i'd compare it more to ninja gaiden than dark souls

incidentally, ninja gaiden would not be beatable by modern reviewers

I did axe only and hardly any magic. It was pretty fun and I was able to beat all the bosses doing it but I never tried the Dlc.

*ding ding ding ding ding*
First Ninja Gaiden mention of the thread detected

Nothing in that demo was as hard as the snow princess boss.

"Souls" is not a genre. "Action RPG" is what both Souls and Nioh fall under.

ARPGs?
Isn't that stuff like Diablo and Torchlight?
Man imagine those games with good combat like Nioh / Dark Souls...

It wouldn't even be the same game at that point. Then again after how boring Diablo 3 was I can’t say I would even care.

Imagine it though
Diablo but fun

You can not like the game, doesn't mean it needs to change to fit you. More homogenization is bad

I mean that's basically Nioh anyway

I like Diablo 1 and 2, but I will admit having the old fashion grid inventory make a comeback would be nice.

I loved Diablo 1, played it on the Playstation 1 though
Diablo 2 I liked a lot too but not as much as D1 oddly enough

Diablo 3 is a chore, there's something missing
I think this applies to just about every 3D Diablo-like
The only exception that comes to mind is the first Dungeon Siege
I legit think that the genre works better when it is 100% 2D
Something about being restricted to 2D forces some better design decisions, can't explain it but I feel it

Lowering both their damage and your own is the one main step possible towards fixing the balance and forcing you to learn the combat like it was intended originally.

Diablo 3 fucked up three major things, first one was having infinite health potions, the second was having the game being balanced around items that just give you health back and the third was the way abilities worked. Not having to choose wisely with each level up and just shitly unlocking varients of the same attacks was boring. There are some other issues, but these three are what killed the game for me.

How does diablo on the ps1 work? Does it have a completely different style of controls or is it just pc controls bound to a controller?

It was direct control
Also had local co-op

That's fucking rad, I might have to try that out sometime.

This is kind of like dark souls isn't it, dark souls was pretty tricky in some places (fuck the capra demon, fuck the stray demon for being such a damage sponge and most of all fuck the ceaseless discharge) so I am not surprised

I have this game and was thinking about playing it but holy shit what the hell are those visuals? So much goddamn clutter. It's like Borderlands.

hyperbolic exaggeration does you zero favors

A little bit. It has some of the dark souls formula but it has way more improvements. Like 2 types of dedicated coop, a separate pvp mode instead of invasions, a skill tree for different build types, an item that let you reallocate all of your skill points and one that gets your Amrita (souls) back without having to pick them up, the ability to change the apperance of armour/weapons to look like the items you want and whole lot of other things.

Kusarigama are fun