why do we hate it again...?

Attached: bestzelda.jpg (668x1000, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r580S90NECo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SD + motion controls

yet people praise twilight princess

The controls, probably. I never played it so I wouldn't know

Which barely has any, and the GC version has none.

I hate people like you. So many people shit on skyward sword without even giving it a chance because some dumb e celeb made it cool.

Graphics and SD+motion controls.

The motion controls and below gamecube tier graphics just killed it for me.

except skyward sword improved upon every other 3d zelda in every facet possible

>best dungeons in 3d
>tightly designed world (no pointless fields to feign breadth)
>actual thought put into combat situations, items are actually important and serve a purpose

Skyward sword had the best combat and dungeons of any Zelda game.

Everything else was pretty horrible though.

Extreme amount of backtracking and reuse of the same 3 areas, lack of areas, only 1 town, WW style "ocean" but it's the sky, except there's nothing to see in the entire world.

Very linear.

I hope they remaster for switch. Idk how that would work without some major reworking but i want it

motion controls are objectively terrible. the game is ugly to look at. flying in the sky served 0 purpose ever. personally none of the dungeons were memorable aside from the ancient cistern. ghirahim was cool. it's not fucking terrible, but it's the worst 3D Zelda

I didn't mind the motion controls. In fact, the Ghirahim fights were some of the most fun I've ever had with a boss fight. The hand holding was overkill and skyloft portions overstayed their welcome. Flying was fucking boooooring.

I loved the motion controls.

>gamecube tier graphics

I played it on Dolphin at 4x resolution on a 1080p TV, looked great.

Because it has god awful controls which make the game a chore to play and it reuses the same environments for both halves of the game.

I never hated SS, it's just a 7/10

high peaks, low valleys

Lanayru was great. The time mechanic was fantastic.

But yeah, game wasn't overly memorable otherwise, which I think is its biggest flaw. That and fighting the same fucking boss 3 times.

It's a better game than Breath of the Wild.

Attached: 54346457542.jpg (500x500, 63K)

After watching an entire LP where Arin Hairin suck balls at the very game he arrogantly shat on, I have the following notes about Skyward Sword:

+Good dungeons and mechanics that force concessions even out of the harshest critics
-Fi is hot garbage
+Zelda is bae
~Motion control combat was experimented with in interesting ways but was a bad gamble.
~A lot of revisiting. This is sometimes good (opens up new ways of exploring the map) but sometimes bad (muh padding).
-Hand holding

It's probably the motion controls, remember, you have to play the whole game experiencing it, so it biases the whole assessment. I for one hate Okami on the Wii for the same reason, and I loved it since its release day way back in 2006

Why do you always compare Zelda to itself, especially the post-OoT stagnating iterations?
The game's ugly and the controls unwelcoming. Fi is annoying as fuck and the story and supporting cast are weak.
The other crap you mentioned isn't new to the genre and is almost inconsequential to the game itself. It's there to make it seem like the gameplay has more going on than it does.
Spoiler; it doesn't.
Keep comparing Zelda to itself, though. Like it's some infallible franchise despite only having two genuinely revolutionary iterations. Ignoring the inspirations born from your own series in favor of stagnating and adding gimmicks to sell your unfortunately horribly aged IP, that'll work!
Although I guess it has, all things considered.

>b-but shield durability!
>b-but motion controls!
>b-but FI!
>FI! FUCK FI!

It'd be much better if it was adapted to a traditional control scheme

it's tedious and boring. bullet points can't fix that.

try actually playing it before offering your useless opinions you retard zoomer.

>FI! FUCK FI!
Gladly

Why do we keep getting Skyward Sword threads? This is the second today, and they’re usually posted every few days too. Are you trying to annoy people into hating it more?

this is absolutely the case. the motion controls would also be more forgivable if they packaged it with optional traditional controls. also, the sky that is more empty than the great ocean.
skyward sword suffers a lot for the same reason star fox zero was poorly received (other than a remake of a popular n64 game)

just hoping to change the narrative that it's objectively the worst zelda because it has loads of merits and just came out at the wrong time.

Attached: 230948234.jpg (1024x1035, 89K)

>the only zelda to have a meaningful upgrade system with depth

Upgrade systems aren't ""depth"", they're a zoomer magnet

>>tightly designed world (no pointless fields to feign breadth)
oops
>>actual thought put into combat situations, items are actually important and serve a purpose
As opposed to?
Items almost always had a place in combat, they were just optional, which they still are because SS's combat isn't half as clever as you're trying to make out.
youtube.com/watch?v=r580S90NECo

Attached: F2A7FB0F-8632-4E5B-BF24-68248586DD7A.png (812x456, 549K)

dude, this is the worst Zelda ever made, what are you talking about

>Shtting on Skyward sword when Wind Waker exists

Attached: HE SEES YOU.jpg (735x957, 106K)

>most fully realized town in a zelda game outside of MM
Also the game's only town, so in that respect it's a total shithouse.

>the only zelda to have a meaningful upgrade system with depth
BotW's set bonus upgrades had more impact on gameplay.

>some of the best designed and most unique dungeons in 3d zelda
Objectively false. The desert was the only good area, and the game forced you to backtrack through the forest/volcano.

>medal system offers great layer of risk/reward decision making
You're really grasping at straws here friend.

>pouch system literally destroys all other 3d zeldas in its ease of use
TP had a pretty similar pouch system with shortcuts. BotW didn't have enough shit to necessitate one. And again, you're really reaching here friend.

>gorgeously rendered painted aesthetic
It's not a bad aesthetic, but it's definitely not gorgeously rendered.

>comfiest hub by far (personal opinion)
Can't argue opinions.

No mentions of actual gameplay in your list.

The controls are a little frustrating, but from what I remember some of the overly long interruptions were what really held it down, a lot of stuff took a long time to do for no good reason. Well, I think, I played this game back when it came out years ago, I don't know if my opinions would be the same.

How on earth can you blame it's faults on 'coming out at the wrong time'? It was designed specifically for the most popular Nintendo console at the time and came out late enough in the development cycle that it had a massive install base to work with, which isn't even taking into account that console Zelda games sell like hotcakes. Not to mention "According to Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime, Skyward Sword was the fastest selling game in the series at that time."
Are you being willingly ignorant, or is this just mental gymnastics at its finest to explain why the majority of people disliked a game that wasn't fun to play?

>objectively false
retard, you fell into the trap and didn't realize ALL of his points were opinions
>can't argue with opinions
double retard

Oh, I recognize you. You’re that passive aggressive SSfag. Nice to see you again.