RTS (dead genre) General

*saves the RTS genre*
>pshht... nothin personnel kids

Attached: bannermen.png (949x494, 931K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/946660/Loria/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it good? It's been on my wishlist for a while.

yeah. almost reaches AoE2 levels, but then does some weird things that keep it from being 9/10. i'll give it a 7/10

Brood war is best

>memecraft

Attached: 1505745231703.png (1080x1029, 154K)

Are there technology upgrades and shit? I've played AoE2, AoE3 and AoM for 3000 hours collectively so I'm ready for something new.

>no reviews
>saving anything

Attached: 1528773205775.png (198x212, 81K)

rise of nations 2 when? Legends doesn’t count

>Are there technology upgrades and shit?
of course

Legends is a great fucking RTS with the most creative factions of the genre. Fuck I remember Vince being able to go all the way without building a single miner, just getting bots from upgrades and shit. I loved the city building around itself and the music was great and fuck, back to reinstalling that shit.

I'm having a lot of fun with this one, basically WC2 + WC3 in all aspects and pretty fun campaign missions. There's a free demo on the storepage so have some fun too, anons!
store.steampowered.com/app/946660/Loria/

It wasn’t bad and it for sure had a lot of good ideas. But at the same time it just didn’t feel as polished as TAP. All of the campaigns were amazing and the skirmishes were fantastic as well. I’m glad they released an updated version but we really need a second installment

>11 replies

truly saved

Attached: 150670296753.png (1070x601, 507K)

My problem with AoE-like games is that they reward offensive rush gameplay, fights break out within the first few minutes and defensive fortifications are pretty weak. I would love a slow paced, almost city builder-like rts where games take hours and besieging a defended area takes some thought and logistics.

Same. But the closest we've got is city-builders with combat elements.

yeah, that was my problem playing it online back in the day, with friends we always had a 45min cooldown rule so it solved this problems, really not into rush even more so if the games finish during it (no matter if I lose or win)

>I need the shekel-lords to tell me what is good and what isn't

also your average person reviewing has double digit iq

>Those towers
>Those siege weapons
>Those archers
Game is trying so hard to be AOE. I've never been crazy about derivative spiritual successors.

Attached: 1362877895017.jpg (384x313, 83K)

>2019
>Siege weapons move unmanned

I just downloaded it today. It looks really cool. If I enjoy it, then Ill definitely buy it.

Attached: bannerman.jpg (858x827, 118K)

>aoe invented towers
>aoe invented mangonels
>aoe invented bows and arrows

Attached: literally (You).png (485x443, 22K)

seeThose look 1:1 with the AOE sprites. There's no reason to have your siege weapons unmanned unless your just trying to get a pavlovian reaction out of AOE fans.

>There's no reason to have your siege weapons unmanned
Spoken like the uninformed fellow you are

>sprites
retard

Yes I'm aware they're rotoscoped 3D models but they're functionally sprites in-game.

They're just renders in low resolution, there's was no rotoscoping

>Cant even sustain the usual thread anymore

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 7K)

So, are there any particular original features/ideas in this game which we didn't see in a gazillion of other RTS games?

Will Steel Division 2 be good?

I would just like to say that dungeon keeper is a fun game and bile demons are, as the kids say, "baller".

Attached: portrait.jpg (78x81, 3K)