Why is the game called Tetris if T-Spins are objectively better to go for?

Why is the game called Tetris if T-Spins are objectively better to go for?

Attached: move over bitch.png (231x178, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ve0QGfv-IqY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Japanese autism ruined the series.

Because they weren't in the game when it first came out dummy.

This. NES tetris is best tetris

I've been playing Tetris for years and still haven't learned how to T-spin proper

It's only in 99 that T spins are better, everywhere else I only T spin when necessary.

How do you learn to improv T-spins? I can do a setup at the start but afterwards it's too hard.

Good question. I also question if the people saying tetrises are boring were ever even genuine fans. Or did they just hop on the bandwagon after Grand Master?

>can't keep up with the much much higher skill ceiling and challenge curve
>"autism..."

Nah.

>It's only in 99 that T spins are better,
It's better in Puyo Tetris as well

Tetris NES is strict. No infinites, plus randomizer. Your average Twitch zoomer wouldn't even be able to clear B type on level 9, stage 5.

>changing the core goal of the game just for an arbitrarily higher skill ceiling is fine

Attached: smoosh.png (700x685, 663K)

Look for gaps you can abuse for T-spins. Also try not too be too reliant on them, I started doing them more lately but initially, I was a bit too focused on them so I built around them for too long.

That doesn't excuse changing the rules of the game in a way that makes the namesake irrelevant.

>zoomer starts t-spinning irl

Only T Spin triples are better, a double is worth the same as a Tetris in 99

>renaming a long-running franchise because of one new addition
I'd like to see you try playing Tetris doing only T-spins you cheeky cunt.

Yes, but they require less setup and are easier to combo, making going for a Tetris pointless.

Why are t spins better? What's the reasoning? My friend who is good at Tetris also said that.

What the fuck does my ability to perform them have to do with them being retarded?

And you couldn't handle getting a GM rank in TGM. What's your point? Just because NES Tetris is old and poorly designed doesn't mean it's good.

in a multiplayer tetris iteration where piece holding is a thing, everyone would just hold onto the long one until they need it if quads were worth the highest, so they need to be balanced as such with high-skill setups like t-spin triples

the problem seems to be that there are too few alternatives to quads and t-spin doubles that are worth using, it makes high level plays more stale

>less setup required
>only eats 2-3 lines instead of 4 allowing more combos / setups
>easier to do multiple in quick succession

why is Yea Forums so bad at literally every video game, and why do people get so mad that people are better than them?

>changing the rules of the game in a way that makes the namesake irrelevant
That would mean there's no reason to go for Tetris at all when there still are plenty of reasons to do so. You're just gasping at straws at this point.

There's no reason to go for a Tetris when T-Spins are worth as much, unless you count "I'm retarded" as a reason

Perhaps when we finally understand these truths, we can close this fucking website.

It’s called Tetris because all the blocks have 4 squares. Tetra=4.

Why do you defend bad game design with "just get good at the game"?

>I'm not bad, it's the game's / everyone else's fault
Ah yes, the classic Yea Forums shitter mantra

>it's your fault for not accepting shitty design
Ah yes, the classic Yea Forums cocksucker mantra

>bad at game
>blame game.

>game is bad
>blame player.

Attached: chili dog.jpg (629x419, 53K)

The point is, you have it a lot easier these days, to the point where endless mode is ruined. Infinites killed gameplay outside of VS. The beauty of Tetris was, in addition to competition, solitary gameplay. Infinite spins trivialize it, making endless just a glorified practice mode rather than a test of one's ability. To this day people are still reaching new heights in speed levels for Tetris NES, one person recently reached 33. This is partially due to having to actually commit to placing your tetriminos. You couldn't just mindlessly tap A until you found the perfect place.

Honestly this game would be much better if it had about 200-300 different powerups that do things like reverse every player's controls, remap them to random buttons on their keyboard, fill the screen with garbage, fill the screen with bombs, fire a nuclear missile that kills 9 adjacent players and basically had much less to do with actually playing Tetris. Tetris is a very boring game.

>play bad
>blame game

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

>chili dog
>is obviously tomato sauce

you're obviously tomato sauce

It had that, it was called Tetris DS and it was arguably one of the greatest Tetris games ever made.

Well I'm feeling in the mood for tetris and it's too annoying to find and install a puyo puyo rom so I guess I'll give DS a try

actual shit opinion

You won't regret it. What a wonderful experience it is, I can't believe Tetris 99 won't have some updates in the future that will include some of those said modes.

I miss the music the most, honestly.

For fuck's sake. T-SPINS HAVE BEEN AROUND SINCE THE NES GAME YOU SHITTERS.
youtube.com/watch?v=ve0QGfv-IqY

>try to open every game with a double t-spin triple
>get it less than half the time
>get dicked by wrong pieces and have to revert to cleanup
>end up just combo / b2b tetris spamming instead
am i a retard
why does it feel so hard to deal with wrong pieces setting up a double t-spin triple when every other kind of stacking feels so much easier
also what the fuck am i supposed to be doing after an opener

Attached: 1534716307152.png (1024x1024, 664K)

Yeah, Tetris DS is quite the ride. Obviously you'd have to mod your DS to play online, and I'm not even sure if the online is active anymore. But even the single player content is worth it.

I think everyone knows that already. I've been doing t-spins since Tetris for Gameboy. They didn't give you as much garbage as a tetris though. At least, not until 1999.

Completely missing the point, it's the amount of points you get for T-spins in newer entries that's upsetting OP.

I can regularly land top 10 now but at that point blocks are falling so fucking fast. How do I get into top 3?

also how do i even clean up after a double t-spin triple

Old school tetris feels boring to play now. I need my fast paced autism.