Are the remakes better?

Are the remakes better?

Attached: Pokémon_box_art_-_Red_Version.png (220x221, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=7682.0
github.com/jojobear13/shinpokered
youtube.com/watch?v=aLdrHvCxPWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

Why?

yes

By a mile

>FRLG
Yes
>LGPEE
No

Who else wants to have sex with Charizard?

>running shoes
vs
>no running shoes

What do you think?

Yes. Psychic types and the Special stat break Gen 1 to the point of it being mindless. FRLG changes the gameplay up a bit and adds new stuff like Abilities and other 3d gen mechanics

New sprites, faster running/biking, sound/music are good, post-game content and, this is probably one of best things about it, the introduction of the Vs. Seeker.

Not in my opinion, the sound is fucked in the remakes. The original games started a global sensation for a reason, they are loaded with soul. Yeah, FRLG fix some issues and has full color higher resolution graphics. But they don't have the charm that the originals did.

I cant play games pre gen4 anymore, special/physical being tied to type makes half the pokemon feel so worthless

Hell no

Remakes improve the gameplay and add much needed QoL changes, that said, I prefer the looks and music of the originals. You could always look for romhacks that retain the original feel and only change minor stuff to make the experience less tedious. I played Red++ a few years ago and had a nice time with it, however, it changes some Mons for new gen ones and also replace some of the ""worse"" looking sprites.

Attached: Pokemon Red Plus Plus_1472292563185.png (160x144, 3K)

Thanks guys, should I play Pikachu or Eevee version

Attached: 1542045811035.png (510x485, 36K)

Eevee. Starter Eevee is the best poke in the game, unironically OP.

pikachu.
it has primeape, arcanine and scyther

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>using the starter

Just to make it clear, I'm talking about Leaf Green and Fire Red remakes. I haven't played the remakes of the remakes.

Attached: Pokemon Red Plus Plus_1472292245443.png (160x144, 3K)

Rare to see anyone with taste on Yea Forums these days.

Just to be clear I was shitposting

The OP probably did mean LGPE though

Absolutely. The original Red/Blue are fucking full of bugs and the trainer pokemon have garbage AI and moves. FRLG fixed everything.

Here's a list of gen 1 bugs
>forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=7682.0

Attached: 1521530312789.jpg (1100x1155, 297K)

>sound/music are good

Original chiptunes are superior. And not in a hipster way, they really are better.

Don't play trash hacks like Red++. Play this instead.
github.com/jojobear13/shinpokered

I meant the gba ones. The switch games are a joke

>Cinnabar/seafoam islands coast glitch fixed

Attached: 1541800003829.png (805x671, 414K)

I never realized how broken gen 1 was

Attached: 1532569277413.png (199x171, 9K)

only the first ones
LGPE are a fucking abomination

There's nothing stopping you from cheating in the original rom, user.

nothing wrong with a little jank

The Game Boy maps are smaller and designed with the default running speed in mind.

GBA remakes made the maps larger so the running shoes weren't OP.

thats not a little jank dude its a fucking mountain

the only real problem the original games have is the inventory system
everything else is fine by 98 standards

The lack of descriptions in the inventory is what I hate the most. Cycling through 25 tms trying to find the right one is a pain.

the item limit is the worst so you have to store every single item you don't need in the pc

bugs weren't big honestly, other than intentionally triggering Missingo shit I've never really encountered them
shit movepool 100% was, they were beyond trash and trainers having only "natural" movepools made some jokes

>bugs weren't big honestly
the ai is so bad that most bugs arent noticable and you'll be steamrolling everything too hard to notice

here's a great bug
any poison pokemon can solo lance
youtube.com/watch?v=aLdrHvCxPWI

Some hacks are better in concept.

I mean that seems less a bug and more heavily dependent on RNG
though I know toxic and do some funky shit

Attached: 1393626222357.png (893x1200, 107K)

and there's nothing wrong with a mountain of jank either, live a little

That pic is true, FRLG is a million times better than RBY even if the music is shittier. I still think gen 1 pokemon look the best though.

FRLG bothered me because it added new pokemon but not ones that could evo from the 150

Yellow>>>

FRLG are better in every way.