What is the objective rankings of the 3D Zelda games

What is the objective rankings of the 3D Zelda games

Attached: Legend of Zelda.jpg (936x622, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1a1bfSt3IWi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My favorite 3D Zelda > Your favorite 3D Zelda

skyward sword
brap of the wild and toilet paper fags can leave

Attached: sicko_mode.webm (640x360, 2.34M)

WW > TP > OoT > MM > SS
i haven't played botw yet

Tier 1 BoTW OOT MM
Tier 2 TP WW
Tier 3 SS

Something like that

Impact on game design and overall classics tier:
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Breath of the Wild

Impact on game design but not remotely a classic tier:
Skyward Sword

Mediocre retread tier:
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess

Okay I never played one single Zelda game. Should I play all of then? Or if not, which ones?

Attached: 1548527561886.jpg (3036x4048, 2.82M)

If you're interested in 2D start with Link to the Past, or if you're a babby not confident in your skills (not likely) the easier Link's Awakening. For 3D start with Ocarina. BoTW is a departure from a regular Zelda game.

>BotW
>impact on game design as a standard in the first place
Disgusting.

Yes. If a game was capable of pushing the industry forward its obviously more important than a game that wasn't. Skyward Sword sucked but the technology it pioneered is nigh mandatory for VR experiences today. Despite being a weak game it left a mark on history. Whereas WW and TP are just weak games.

Ocarina of Time
> MetaScore: 99, User Score: 93, Best Game Lists: 90, Lists Topped: 83
Majora's Mask
> MetaScore: 95, User Score: 88.5, Best Game Lists: 45, Lists Topped: 1
Wind Waker
> MetaScore: 96, User Score: 89, Best Game Lists: 45, Lists Topped: 3
Twilight Princess
> Metascore: 96, User Score: 87, Best Game Lists: 27, Lists Topped: 0
Skyward Sword
> MetaScore: 93, User Score: 84, Best Game Lists: 5, Lists Topped: 0
Breath of The Wild
> MetaScore: 97, User Score: 92, Best Game Lists: 26, Lists Topped: 8

> Objective Rankings
OOT > Power Gap > WW = BOTW > MM > TP > Shit > Skyward Sword

>Wind Waker above anything but Skyward Sword
Wrong, Wind Waker is a charming but ultimately shitty video game.

Keep crying contrarian, it's objectively a masterpiece by every metric.

>Game completely falls apart after the equivalent of the kid section in OOT
>Masterpiece
By the time you get to what is supposed to be the main stretch of most Zelda games all that's left is two of the worst dungeons in the series with the exact same clunky possession mechanic in both and the triforce hunt which Nintendo has publicly apologized for making.
Not to mention
>Ganon's lair is roughly one suburban block away from Hyrule castle
The opening is fantastic and then the game takes a massive nosedive into 6/10 territory for the rest of it.

Attached: 1360126796879.jpg (195x205, 25K)

>its obviously more important than a game that wasn't
The argument is which is objectively best, not which was the most important to the series/industry.
>technology it pioneered is nigh mandatory for VR experiences today
The wii remote plus wasn't made for SS.
I do agree that WW and TP are trash if nothing else.

This, though I would add that My Favorite 3D Zelda > shit > Your Favorite 3D Zelda

Attached: 1550079474222.gif (241x328, 3.89M)

Majora > Twilight Princess > OoT > Wind Waker > Skyward Sword > Breath of the Wild

OOT>BOTW>MM>TP>WW
Havn't played SS

Does it matter when they're all worse than LttP?

OoT = MM > TP > BotW > SS >>> WW

Attached: Link_Artwork_1_(Ocarina_of_Time).png (761x984, 546K)

ALttP is pretty boring, Zelda II actually surpasses it.

>a game was capable of pushing the industry forward its obviously more important than a game that wasn't.
Nobody is emulating BotW. I'm open to be proven wrong though.

OOT>BOTW>MM>WW>TP>SS

Attached: 1527941594003.png (500x378, 287K)

actual zelda tiers:

S Tier:
>BotW
>MM
>OOT
>ALTTP

A Tier:
>TP
>LA
>Oracle of Ages
>Oracle of Seasons
>Legend of Zelda

B Tier:
>Wind Waker
>Minish Cap

C Tier:
>Skyward Sword
>Adventure of Link
>Spirit Tracks

D Tier:
>Phantom Hourglass

F Tier:
>Wand of Gamelon
>Faces of Evil
>Zelda's Adventure

Doesn't Qualify For This List Tier (not ordered)
>Four Swords
>Triforce Heroes
>Link's Crossbow Training
>Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
>Irozuki Tincle no Koi no Balloon Trip
>Hyrule Warriors

Remakes don't count.

>BOTW is only pushing the industry forward if we get flooded with 1:1 clones
Based smoothbrain

Botw>OoT>MM>TP=WW>SS

for the record OoT was my favorite childhood game

>ALttP is pretty boring,
Yes, it really nailed the Zelda formula.

Of course, all the 3D games based their structure upon it which is why 2D is superior.

I WANT TO FUCK MIDNA SO BAD I WANT TO SLURP UP HER LEGS LIKE BIG NOODLES I WANT TO EAT EVERY MEAL OF MY LIFE OFF OF HER FAT ASS I WANT TO DUMP MY CUM IN HER RUMP EVERY SINGLE NIGHT I WANT TO FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK MIDNA SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD PLEASE GOD FUCK I WANT TO BLAST ENDLESS BUSTS INTO HER LITTLE IMP WOMB I WANT TO GLAZE HER LIKE A DONUT WITH MY CUM FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I WANNA PUMP PUMP FUCK FUCK HER IMP BUTT I WANT TO TASTE EVERY INCH OF HER BODY OOH MMMMYYY FUCKIIINNGGG GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDD PLEASE I WANT TO FUCK MIDNA I WANT TO FUCK MIDNA PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IF I HAD A CHANCE TO FUCK MIDNA I WOULD NEVER CUM ANYWHERE ELSE BUT HER IMP PUSSYYYYYYY PLEASE PLEASE OMMGGG IM SO HORNY WHEN I SEE MIDNA I CANT STAND IT I HAVE TO FUCK MIDNA I WONT CUM TO ANYTHING BUT MIDA HELP ME FUCK MIDNA SO HORNY FOR IMP ASS OMG PLEASE FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKK OH MY FUCKING GOD IMAGINE BEING WOLF LINK AND FEELING HER FAT BUTT AND THIGHS BOUNCING AGAINST YOUR BACK I WOULD BE STRINGING CUMS SHOOTING FAT WOLF ROPES EVERY TIME I FELT HER AGAINST ME FUCK FUCK FUCK I WANT TO FUCK MIDNA I WANT TO FUCK MIDNA

vocaroo.com/i/s1a1bfSt3IWi

Attached: 1547072232145.png (1242x808, 431K)

M-mods.

If you're going to post that, you may as well just go all out with Midna lewds.

>all the 3D games based their structure upon it which is why 2D is superior

It's the other way round though. OoT massively improves on LttP.

>no ALBW

>OoT massively improves on LttP.
It started the line of thoughtless, easy as shit Zeldas so no and one game is not an entire subseries.

Not clones, but ripping off the core elements. 2D Zelda and OoT made Zelda-likes. No one has even bothered to copy the traversal loop of BotW. Maybe is too soon.

BoTW > OoT > WW > MM > TP > SS

Newcomers should start with either A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time, depending on whether 2D or 3D appeals more to you. They are the most "Zelda" Zelda games. From there you can branch out to other entries based on what you liked/didn't like.

Attached: 902.jpg (680x544, 33K)

what part of
>Remakes don't count.
didn't you understand?

no LA-DX, no OOT3D, no master quest, no MM3D or WWHD or ALTTP: Tilted Camera Edition

Attached: brenlit.png (211x239, 5K)

nice bait, i'm sure someone will take it

>It started the line of thoughtless, easy as shit Zeldas

That was LttP, which has far more handholding and lower difficulty compared to the NES games, and the former was actually scaled back for subsequent games from LttP's "hey, let's mark everything on your map, because why bother exploring to find dungeons?".

MM > OoT > TP > BotW > SS > WW

>TP
>A tier

>AoL
>C tier

Come on, swap them and the list is fine.

S Tier taste.

And OoT took this to the next level with completely linear paths and overly obvious dungeons.
2D surpassed that long ago with the Oracles.

Now no one has any excuse to not play through the first one.

Attached: ZeldaOverworldMapQ1fini.png (4000x2702, 3.32M)

sorry but TP is legitimate a great game that gets a hard rap, while AoL is a hot mess that deserves its bad rap but has redeeming features.

once you get over TP's embarrassingly easy difficulty and slow intro and shallow mechanics and dead overworld and excessive handholding and overboiled thematics, what's left is a very good game. Lots of enemy variety, dungeons, lots of combat mechanics, exploration, varied environments, long quest, decent amounts of sidequests, and at least some good bosses

I didn't like OoT but Majora's Mask is fucking sick, although fuck nintendofags for overhyping OoT as the best game ever, high expectations were what killed the game for me

Attached: 1547844760312.jpg (267x395, 18K)

>OoT took this to the next level with completely linear paths and overly obvious dungeons

It did not though. LttP is way more obvious about directling you where to go and its areas are usually not that large, while OoT more frequently has puzzles with open ended solutions without a 'the point you need to go to is marked HERE'. Oracles are fine, but they are still quite linear in their overall structure, and the shit Ages has you do annoys me.

They’re all bad so who cares

That’s funny, everyone shit on WW until the Zelda cycle took effect

> Everyone
Who is Everyone? your hivemind? Both Critics & Gamers universally loved it

Attached: People loved WW.png (822x375, 25K)

>that key nobody finds at the top of a tree in Forest Temple
>Goron Temple task you with dropping a pilar from the top of the temple to access the boss room
>Water Temple shennanigans
>Spider web on Deku Tree
3D traversal on OoT was amazing.

>LttP is way more obvious about directling you where to go
You still had to figure out how to get to and enter each dungeon, it wasn't just a straight path laid before you.
>OoT more frequently has puzzles with open ended solutions without a 'the point you need to go to is marked HERE'.
That only applies to the overworld of ALttP, the rest is just untrue.
>they are still quite linear in their overall structure
Every Zelda after the first one is linear by that definition.

now just compare it to the BotW world map saved in a similar format!

Attached: botw map.jpg (3232x2244, 3.37M)

>AoL is a hot mess that deserves its bad rap but has redeeming features

It's probably the single most solid NES game there is, really. So many other games comparable to it have weaker combat and more straightforward progression.

>Lots of enemy variety
>lots of combat mechanics

These would be nice if it weren't for " embarrassingly easy difficulty".

>exploration
>decent amounts of sidequests

It has by far the weakest of either in any of the 3D games. There's very little of significance to find besides the questline for the magic armor. There's very little to TP that isn't going from dungeon to dungeon. So many of the main mechanics are just there just because and serve no purpose beyond the points where you have to use them. Look at how horse riding is used, among so many other things.

OoT and MM were far from the "completely linear" formula that ruined the later 3D games. You had leeway with OoT's adult dungeon order (after getting the Hookshot and Bow you could proceed to do Fire, Water, or Spirit next) and MM similarly didn't require you to actually beat one dungeon in the "typical" order to proceed to the next.

Wind Waker was the one that began the complete railroading, Twilight Princess stretched that formula way out with a ton of extra filler busywork between dungeons, and Skyward Sword took that philosophy to its logical conclusion by gutting any semblance of a true overworld in favor of more filler busywork and dungeon like linear "world" segments.

Im sorry but I can not for the love of me make out anything from that map. I don't recognize a single landmark

>once you get over how shit everything in TP is, what's left is a very good game.

>AoL is a hot mess that deserves its bad rap
If you're expecting the traditional Zelda experience as we know it today of course you won't like it. It's a phenomenal game, one of the best in the entire NES library. It just isn't the same kind of game as most Zeldas. It is objectively not a bad game.

It's just the LoZ map copypasted several times you lunk. I'd love it if BotW's map was as dangerous or had as many things to navigate around.

This is peak Yea Forums contrariancore.

>after getting the Hookshot and Bow you could proceed to do Fire, Water, or Spirit next
Spirit is barred until after Water unless you glitch and Shadow requires both Fire and Water to be completed. You only have the choice between Fire/Water and Shadow/Spirit which really doesn't count for very much.
>MM similarly didn't require you to actually beat one dungeon in the "typical" order to proceed to the next.
You needed the arrows to reach Snowhead without glitching, the Goron Mask to reach Great Bay without glitching, and both the hookshot and the Goron Mask to reach Stone Tower.

TP is better than WW.

This. In MM, especially, I'm pretty sure you can proceed through the game in whatever fucking order you want as long as you grab the right items from dungeons. And yeah, WW is linear but doesn't have a ton of padding until a huge end-game fetch quest, TP is linear with a metric fuckload of padding in between dungeons, and SS is "follow these instructions to proceed to the next cutscene, please".

MM > WW > BotW > OoT >>>> SS >>>>>>>>>> TP

That other user was absolutely right to say your opinion of Zelda 2 is a good indicator of how long you've been here.

How new are you? Since the game came out, the only people who have complained about it fall into two camps: people bad at video games who hate it because they couldn't beat it, and people who wanted it to be exactly like the first game who hate it because it subverted their expectations. Everyone else enjoyed the game.

>You needed the arrows to reach Snowhead without glitching, the Goron Mask to reach Great Bay without glitching, and both the hookshot and the Goron Mask to reach Stone Tower.
Yeah, but all you need is those items. You can grab the bow out of woodfall temple, leave, and not bother completing the swamp until the very end of the game. The game doesn't lock you into any sort of progression using story triggers, just items.

Does anyone actually play like that though, outside of challenge runs? I don't think I've ever left a dungeon without completing it, aside from the first game due to its openness and some rom hacks that require you to

Why would you leave a dungeon you're almost done with?

>WW above Oot
bait

>You only have the choice between Fire/Water and Shadow/Spirit

You can do Fire at any point before Shadow, it's not just a 'split'. Likewise, the 'mini' dungeons like Ice Cavern and the Well are open any time, or can be skipped until arbitrarily late.

No, probably not, but I think the fact that MM only gates your progression in a logical way with items like that makes it feel like you have a lot more freedom than a game like TP with its "please catch a fish and win a wrestling match and trigger seven cutscenes in order to proceed to the next dungeon".

yes AoL had good combat
that's the only good thing it had
everything else about that game was garbo

Nope
Mine > Yours

>posts "the other user was right" BEFORE the post you're supposed to be agreeing with
Holy shit. How do you fail at samefagging this hard?

Attached: 1518150148570.gif (375x375, 168K)

my OTP= Your waifu+me

Attached: 87321687987.png (1000x1000, 159K)