Anthem now at 64/100 and dropping (for reference Andromeda is at 74/100)

>I'm slowly drifting to
>Yoooooooouuu
>The stars and the planets
>Are calling me
>A billion years
>Awaaaaaay
>From you

Attached: 2.jpg (655x365, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q95oaXCIGfs
youtube.com/watch?v=nDLHs_8w-IQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wOq6-1OLIyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hope it drops to the 50’s

>Anthem's technical shortcomings, dull combat and pretty but messy environments combine poorly with a narrative that uses pointless binary conversation choices, a thoroughly typical, snarky protagonist and worn out tropes to fuel it's characterization and plot. These elements come together to make Anthem a chore of a game that's highly unlikely to satisfy anyone but the most desperate groups of loot motivated gamers
>7/10

Attached: tenor.gif (220x220, 197K)

I HOPE THE WHOLE INDUSTRY CRASHES AND WE NEVER GET VIDEO GAMES AGAIN LOL! EPIC TORTANIC FOR SO MUCH WIN!

It's a pity score for AAA games. Games typically don't get below a 6 or 7 unless they are just outright broken and unplayable usually by glitches and such unless it's Bethesda (though this wasn't the case with 76).

Well there it is Yea Forums, you got your TORtanic for this year.

Can you actually enjoy video games now?

Attached: 1487007142048.jpg (300x345, 49K)

This. Fuck video games. Let them burn.

Looks like EA run out of money to bribe reviewers

MAYBE IM FOOLISH

Can't wait for /ourguy's/ video

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 39K)

If these sites didn't need ad revenue, the score would be in the 40s.

It's like they are defending against a potential fan backlash and are afraid to give any AAA game less than 7/10.

To be honest, they are right to. Remember 8.8gate?

Of course. Faggots on this board still complain when their pet game doesn't get a 10/10.

People shit on him but his videos are actually quite entertaining.

>BOB DYLAN OF VIDEO GAMES

Attached: 1548077186941.jpg (480x640, 12K)

im still gonna play it

Fans are a part of it but I think the main reason is that it's just too easy not to rock the boat and stick with the 6-10 scale and keep the ad revenue/interviews/preview events etc rolling in.

He hasn't been so active recently. I hope he does though.

Of all the things to criticize I'd have to say combat isn't one of them. The witcher 3 got perfect scores and has the worst combat I've ever experienced.

We would unironically be much better off if every single AAA game company just died overnight. Nothing they do has any value to anyone. Only good games are mid-budget games.

I can't believe division 2 is gonna be the one that saves us...

>and has the worst combat I've ever experienced.
You haven't played very many games.

We've had 4 Tortanics already this month alone.

We have enough good video games already, if I want to play something I'll play in my psx/ps2/ps3 games on my ps3, play classic xbox games on my og xbox. play NGC/WII/classic emulators in my Wii, everything pirated.
The better part is that buying all this will cost less than two or three current gen unfinished games :^)

The gaming industry can go to hell, I have enough free games to play for my entire life.

Many folk were looking forward to this game, I don't want to imagine their disappointment.

If the Witcher 3 has the worst combat you've ever experienced then aren't even a gamer, you've played fuck all.

I remember when a 7 meant it’s a good to decent game. Now apparently, 9 is perfection, 8 is a failure and anything below may as well be mobile game shovelware.

That said, of course a game that’s purposefully unfinished shouldn’t be considered an 8. I just wish people had been this critical of Destiny and Bungie but instead, that series was given constant Benefit of a doubts. Perhaps that’s just the benifit of hindsight.

It’s just a shame that the javelins concept are not just gonna be wasted on yet another Skinner box.

Attached: A76C1CB6-DC7C-4646-8807-1527C9CB78B0.png (1067x600, 167K)

then you*

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=q95oaXCIGfs

this but unironically

For one, he must have never played Witcher 2

The Javelins look shite though. Like Power Rangers with chicken legs.

This. Then Mook can delete this board and save us all from ever coming back.

What's a TORtanic?

There's literally heaps of games with worse combat. A good example of a more recent one would be Elex.

Even then, still nothing for people who actually play video games.

You motherfuckers weren't even born when games like Eve of Extinction were the common.

youtube.com/watch?v=nDLHs_8w-IQ

The Old Republic

Attached: 1523823961910.gif (245x220, 550K)

This.
Chicks playing nothing bu Candy Crush and Farmville have more gaming experience than some of the tards on here.

ACG gave it a do not buy in his review
Really I think we all knew from the start that a 3rd person shooter by bioware was going to just be shit

The scores are reflections of the expectations and loyalty people still have for the developers. Every time one of these beloved companies releases something shit, their fanbase shrinks by certain degree, their prestige goes down, and critics give it a lower score. I haven't been keeping precise track, but this must be Bioware's 4th or 5th turd in a row at this point, so their sheen has thoroughly wore off and everyone is willing to criticise them, even game reviewers.
Bungie on the other hand still has a fair amount of goodwill left to burn through. Destiny did its damage, even if that isn't reflected in its scores, but it'd take a few Destiny level screwups before you started seeing scores this low on Bungie games.

If they add romances I'll buy this shit game.

but*

Lurk more. Literally. It's mentioned in every other thread about new releases.

IM ONLY HUMAN AFTER ALL
IM ONLY HUMAN AFTER ALL
DON'T PUT THE BLAME ON ME

This

What kind of trash fucking games do you fags play?

As in, never touch? Can't say I watched many of his videos, but none flat out said that the game shouldn't be bought under any circumstances.

No Bethesda game has ever been broken to the point of being unplayable.

Videogames had a good run, but they're only getting more expensive to make, and the non-expensive shit will be 2D indie garbage. So yeah. I'd be down for the industry actually fucking dying. We got a bunch of good games already from all this time.

No he just said the game had far too many issues, and was released unfinished so that he couldn't recommend it. He even said only maybe if you get it through redbox. Honestly the most negative review I've seen by him.

Why are you newfags so utterly obsessed with dismissing any criticism of an obvious blunder as “Y-y-you just want another TORtanic”? Is it the marketing paychecks you’re trying to collect, or are you a zoomer who is desperately trying to deny the reality that you’re growing up in the worst generation of video games since their inception?

This but unironically. Let the "AAA" studios collapse. They haven't put out anything good in years. Let the Indies thrive. I've been playing nothing but Factorio and Slay the Spire this past week.

I'm tempted to do a big multi-page dissection of Anthem like I did with Andromeda. This game is such a mess that it hurts. And not in the "muh bioware" sense but in the "hundreds of people poured years of their lives and this is what came out" sense.

Everything about this game is either bad, inexplicable or merely OK. Everything that is good is hamstrung. The flight is fun - but your jets only last a few seconds. The combat is okay - but you're fighting the same handful of enemies in the same handful of environments over the same THREE objectives, EVEN IN THE STORY MISSIONS. The world is pretty - but forgettable. The suits look alright - but there is hardly any armor options and the microtransactions are a ridiculous rug pull.

To top it all of there is legitimately almost NO content in the entire game. Imagine if Destiny had three strikes, no raids, no PvP and even less compelling open world content. What a fucking mess.

Been gaming since the NES, SNES, and MegaDrive days. Anyone that has been playing that long or longer has played their share of games with combat far and away worse than Witcher 3.

the ones mentioning tortanic are zoom-zooms bouncing off walls hoping this is TORtanic 2. They didn't have the first because they weren't alive yet and they're desperate for a contemporary drama. Ignore

Buy the game.

Attached: 1521967423165.png (263x249, 126K)

THIS. FUCK VIDYA

no, just unbearable.

Hardly. There are games with as bad combat as TW3, but very few are worse.
TW1 is a notable exception.

Anyway, I think that the obvious implication is that there are no universally loved "AAA" games in existence with worse gameplay than TW3.

You are an idiot.

Attached: 1546416977425.jpg (581x767, 92K)

Nice argument, CDPR-drone.

Attached: 1543591396766.jpg (788x788, 183K)

This thread is about Anthem you fuck, stay focused.

>C-C-CDPR Drone
As has already been said and then proven by your own statements, you have next to no gaming experience.
Keep on zoom-zooming retard.

Wait a second. Hold the fuck up. This game costs $60 to purchase AND there are microtransactions? It's disgusting that this shit is allowed.

new black ops is $60, has a season pass AND has CS:GO style loot boxes you need to pay for

where have you been the last decade?

Attached: 41984156.png (469x348, 215K)

>hello darkness, my old friend...

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-22_00-34-12.png (666x311, 72K)

60 dollars for absolute basic version.

not him but is there anything else to say about Anthem? There's not even worthwile shitposting. Shit is just sad

Why is anyone surprised by the hate? It's quite simple and goes like this:

Things made by good, hard working people who know their audience, listen to their audience, know how to do their job, and aim to make a good product for them, we want to succeed.

Things made by shit people who target an audience not interested in it, don't listen to their core audience, and see us all as dumb paychecks, we want to fail.

There is nothing more to it. Bioware is shit. I was their number one fan during Kotor. I remember seeing the devs posting on their forum and thinking "man, this is a great developer." Now they are the complete opposite, so my opinion has changed.

Cheering for companies to scam retards.

mait sjws have been dead for along time now
sjws killed it
at this point we are just finally getting around to giving the corpse a funeral

You haven't been paying attention for a while, have you? It's become disgustingly standard to do shit like this.

IT KEEPS DROPPING

i rarely find posts on Yea Forums that are reaching this depth of imbecility. thank you

I like it when games flop because my backlog is too long as it is.

I KNOW
I KNOW I'VE LET YOU DOWN

>Yea Forums says it's bad, it must be bad!
try playing the fucking game first. So far its my favorite game of 2019 sold far and even though Doom may beat it I'm having a blast with friends. You guys pay too much attention to Metacritic. The EXACT same thing happened too with Crackdown 3 which was an absolute blast. It's okay to like games that AREN'T Japanese ya know

Mention a single other "tripple-A" game to ever have exhibited worse combat than TW3.
Fucking Morrowind and Deus Ex both have x10 better combat, which is just fucking sad.
Thief has better combat, a game where the whole point is to avoid the horrible combat.

Attached: slowpoke.jpg (500x500, 18K)

IT JUST REVIEWS GOY, JUST BUY THE GAME.

TUMBLING DOWN

the anthem subreddit coping like never seen before
>t-they're giving it bad reviews because they rushed to end game
>More than anything I’m just ready to make my own damn opinion about this game.
lmfao

Attached: image.png (1270x782, 109K)

>now 63

OH NO NO NO NO NO

andromeda depleted the bioware fan bonus.

I HURT MYSELF TODAY
TO SEE IF I STILL FEEL

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-22 Anthem for PS4, XB1, PC Reviews.png (348x285, 171K)

This, I bought this for my wife's son and we've been having an absolute blast playing this while she is out on a date

This is why anonymous boards suck, there's no way to prove who actually played a game and ban trolls.

thank god i was able to refund this piece of shit

forgive me for doubting you Yea Forums

Attached: 5984984984984.jpg (1275x1388, 145K)

At least we arent at Crackdown 3 levels yet.

Don't hate Yea Forums.

Attached: 225.jpg (3840x2160, 1.08M)

Its a while since i read such a SEETHING post. Stay mad faggot

>There are games with as bad combat as TW3, but very few are worse.
man, imagine knowing so fucking little about games.

>I-it will be good in 3 years guys

>Morrowind
>Deus Ex
>Thief
>Better combat
Now i know you're trolling. YOu might as well Say Gothic 3, OoT, Elex, and Chaos Legion have better combat as well.

THIS
vidya is a waste of time desu

Keep those sweet arguments coming, drone-chan.
I bet you think TW3 has good writing too.

no, we don't. kys

This should happen. We already have hundreds of good games from years ago, we don't need these lazy and boring modern AAA games.

You're refunding a game that will eventually become game of the decade after a few updates and DLC content, you feeling okay?

Not who you're replying to but TW3 really does have bad combat.

Doesn't stop it from being a great game which, at least in my opinion, raised the bar drastically for AAA RPG's in terms of character development, story, scale and world building.

>YOu might as well Say Gothic 3, OoT, Elex, and Chaos Legion have better combat as well.
Gothic 3 and OoT absolutely have much better combat than TW3. What are you even implying?

it's what I deserve, but I am a coward desu

>EOE
>thinking anyone gives a shit about this garbage.

Then it will be 30USD on a key site.

Attached: 73.png (345x527, 272K)

Attached: bait.gif (500x207, 3.06M)

>game is online only multiplayer
>emphasizes it's played best with others
>boasts about teamwork yadda yadda
>doesn't have text chat
?

>buy a game
>it's shit
>'well it might be good in a few years'
>wait a few years
>buy the game and the hundreds of dollars of xpacs and nickle and dime dlc in goty edition on sale for less than half the cost of the original game at release
>didn't even have to risk the game not improving and being a waste of money

it will probably be 20 dollars in a few months too

not only you bought it, you fell for the special edition
what is wrong with you?

>teamwork
>textchat
Just talk you mongoloid.

It having bad combat wasn't what was in question, he made the claim it had the worst combat of any game he'd ever played which shows he hasn't played many games at all.

You were actually retarded enough to pre-order. You are the cancer killing gaming.

So...

Pretty graphics
Long load times
Shallow gameplay

Is the tldr version?

You can always spot the people who are 16-21 years old. They have absolutely zero experience to compare things by, so naturally their response to shit games is nowhere near as critical as those of us who grew up during a time when games were good and made by gamers.

Of course they always respond with the "muh nostalgia goggles" argument because they are completely clueless. Or use the boomer meme and call you old man. It is what is. I'm just looking out for our best interests. You have no idea what you're settling with.

Why do you think this RE2 remake is getting so much good attention from everybody? Because it's a game that was already great! It was redone but what made it good is still there. So now all these people that never played anything like it are blown away. I wonder how many young people shit talked RE2 only to love the remake. Thinking it's a totally different game. It's not. What made it good was the atmosphere, the characters, the location, the music, the stress, and the cheesy story. All those things remain intact. Now think for a moment if a developer didn't just remake an already good game, but instead created new ones with the same kind of good qualities? That's what the fuck people like me are after. I don't want a remake of a great game, I want a new great game.

Do not settle for this fucking garbage.

>We have enough good video games already.
I can already see AAA trying to ban older games in order to force us to buy their current microtransaction garbage. They will also probably try this in music and film industry.

Game will still be the best selling game of the year and will undoubtedly get a sequel in the next 3 or 4 years

>Not who you're replying to but TW3 really does have bad combat.
The combat is the weakest part, but it's hardly bad.

I got this for free with my 2070
can i sell the code or is it tied to my nvidia account only?

It's an EA title so not a chance.

Elex is just less polished Souls combat with a timing element.
Unless you're talking about ranged combat, then i'd agree.

It's tedious, exceptional simple, and extremely easy even on death march.

why didn't you include this accolade? Do you have an agenda against Bioware?

Attached: 124325.png (309x121, 5K)

>talk
>trying to communicate with the absolute monkeys that play this game with voice
better shoot my self senpai

YES. That's the good nice I've been wanting to hear. Your time is over Bioware.

Attached: 885.jpg (1014x849, 58K)

29th? how does the PC have that many games?

>#29 best game of 2019
>there have been 35 games in 2019

Just got back from EB and cancelled my $10 pre-order. Put the credit toward Days Gone

Witcher 3's cardinal sin is that it's combat is substantially shittier than literally all other aspects of the game.

Which is why it's "okay at best" combat is demonized as being shit tier.
It's bland in a game filled with interesting things.

>tfw Bioware will only be known to the millions of fortnite kids as the dev who made this piece of shit because they've been under the radar for 6+ years

fucking poetry

Attached: nlo.jpg (553x600, 105K)

Maybe, but it shines in large group encounters(like the Hanse's in Blood and Wine) and the DLC are very fun.

>Elex is just less polished Souls combat
Another fucking zoomer, Souls isn't the origin of everything. The combat in Elex is pretty much similar to the Gothic and Risen franchises which were made by the same devs. Every game they make has had terrible and clunky combat.

they were pretty much on the spotlight with the whole andromeda debacle

>shines in large group encounters
Those fights only tend to illuminate how dull the actual combat is.

Are people finally beginning to wake up to AAA bullshit?

I cant comprehend the mind of anyone who cant see THATS THE SOLUTION
We need a crash, a revolution, the end of stagnated companies

There are also other things the game does bad, such as the loot.

Also imo the alchemy sucks ass compared to the previous witcher games but I guess that's more personal preference. Despite these issues and what was imo a failed implementation of a level system, I still have 200 hours in the game.

Purge this dilated tranny industry for once

Right, which puts it on par with BotW and leagues above Dragon Age or Souls clones.

Check out the brainless fuckwit

Because it's a dumb pipedream. It literally cannot happen. It fails to understand why the original occurred in the first place.

At some point even braindead people are gonna find they are playing the same game with a different coat of paint over and over for $60 every year and ask why nothing is changing. And apparently this ones even worse than usual loot shooters

Reminder that PC gaming lived throughout the video game crash decades ago. Vidya will never simply cease to exist.

>Those fights only tend to illuminate how dull the actual combat is.
I don't agree, sorry you dislike it so much.

No need to be shitty.
PB didn't just add stuff like dodge rolling and stamina management out of random chance.

add
extremely low progression ceiling
microtransactions

This guy gets it, all AAAA games have is graphics and with some exceptions there is 0 substance

heh

people said the same shit 10 years ago pal, that Moot was the worst uberjewlord ever.

where would you go for news?
reddit?
youtubers?

exactly...
fucker faggot
you NEED 4channel

but me? heh, ill stay on Yea Forums, thank you very much. after all its OUR FUCKING BANNERS THAT YOUR SITE STOLE.

I HOPE I - I MEAN BIOWARE DEVS LOSE THEIR JOBS TOO THAT WOULD FUNNY WOULDN'T IT ASSHOLE. MY WIFES SON IS LAUGHING AT ME YOU FUCKING BIGOTS

FOr action games maybe, but the fucking sports brands like FIFA and Madden keep on selling more and more. Then ht epublishers want the microtransactions from those shit games shoehorned into every other genre.

Reminder there were retards literally spending thousands of dollars on Mass Effect horde mode card packs.

Is it really that bad?
I was expecting some extremely repetitive, boring and derivative trash, but polished and functional enough to get a 75-80 on dev name alone.
Andromeda looked much more like a dumpster fire and got a higher score than that

Or is it just getting reviewbombed because EA had it coming for 3 decades already?

fuck you
no one ever says "lurk moar" anymore and even then, no one in this fucking age of 4channel would fucking LISTEN

asshole FAGGOTSAUCE

What do you guys think of this? Bioware has always sucked. Literally ever game they made without the DND ruleset has been trash.

dodge rolling is one thing, but stamina management has been in games since the 90's.

they all have great grass and forrest though and snow omg such immersion, look at those forrests

It's actually much worse than that.
The actual progression isn't terrible, but it's top areas are a minefield of RNG.

GM2 and 3 are essentially impossible without perfect equipment because of how bad scaling can be.
Properties for equipment can vary from like 5% to 300%. So that weapon could be +5% damage, +50% or +300%. With high end items having 4 properties that is an extremely massive level of RNG.

64/100 still means it's an above average, good game. Get fucked shitters.

It’s 63 now HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That score is barely a pass in higher education.

Your point of view isn't interesting.

dude, fuck CD3

even if its "ok, 7/10" its FUCKING ON GAMEPASS WHICH IS $2 FOR 2 MONTHS RIGHT NOW. so you spend $2 like i did, play CD3 and go "oh yeah, its not THAT bad" because you spent $2 fucking dollars!

fuck me
fuck everything
i hate this place because your all fucking IDIOTS NOW.

at least Yea Forums used to have thoughts in 2006, but none of you would know what that was like. we weren't constantly shitting on everything.

After 20 years they have just decided to add it for giggles? And that Dark Souls's booming popularity is merely a coincidence?

really?
that sounds horrible
so the "endgame" is running around in freemode farming random enemies/events hoping to get that drop you want with the stat rolls you want?

You guys do realise that TORtanic is actually doing ridiculously well now, right?

>I wonder how many young people shit talked RE2 only to love the remake

i find that impossible
no one can shit on OG RE2, fucking no one.

The endgame is essentially that + the dungeon things (strongholds) and contracts that are repeatable.
Obviously they'll add more to that. But without any way to reroll weapon stats....it'll just turn into "keep crafting this item over and over until you get a good one".

i pirated crackdown, should i play it?
is it worth it without multiplayer?

Gothic II by the same devs had a stamina bar and stamina management and that came out in 2002...

Do you guys play any games that work on the "games as a service" model?

The correct point of view rarely is.

No one would miss EA

sounds like borderlands, running around and killing for pearlesant weapons with PERFECT STATS

but LULZ and EXPLOSIONS?

Actually...not at all.

i don't want to touch fucking MP because it looked boring as shit.

good on you, piratefag
deprive them of their $2!

It looks pretty, but that’s all it has going for it. The gameplay loop, the quests, the writing, the absolutely brain dead AI, the sound design, the game engine, the UI - literally everything BUT the visuals is absolute fucking trash.

No. Don't like it.

glad you agree

I mean that just describes borderlands, but yeah more or less.
It's sad since at the core I don't really hate the games combat. With more weapons/abilities/etc it could be quite decent.

The the difficulty relies, entirely, on number gating content. But that's all loot shooters, so I suppose that's not new.

Also cover shooters had dodge rolling prior to any souls games being released.

>to fuel it is characterization
Retard

maybe it's because i'm listening to Glenn Gould, but i love you user

>b-b-but bioware was good 10 years ago!
youtube.com/watch?v=wOq6-1OLIyQ

>63% is a pass mark
Please never study medicine.

Dark Souls was/is popular because the game, itself, is good.
That's...about it.

Shame Yahtzee has two more weeks to go before he reviews it.

>I HOPE THE WHOLE INDUSTRY CRASHES AND WE NEVER GET VIDEO GAMES AGAIN LOL! EPIC TORTANIC FOR SO MUCH WIN!
Holy shit, if only. Maybe it would become some shitty niche hobby again and save vydia for the next couple of decades

who?

t. crossboarder master

>120€ for a game
you could feed a family of five a month for that in fnland

user 85usd is like 75euro
where the fuck are you getting 120

>#29th best PC game
>It only beat Jump Force and Crackdown, barely
>Under something called "Jon's Shafer's At the Gates and "The Hong Kong Massacre

If we really are gonna start trusting Metacritic as an objective source of quality here, then Anthem is officially only better than Jump Force and Crackdown 3 out of everything in 2019 so far. And that includes every piece of indie game you haven't even heard of and things like Angry Birds VR.

crowbcat, youtuber

It's bad in different ways from Andromeda. Where that game had awful voice acting and animations and a general lack of polish, this game runs like complete trash across the board, is littered with game breaking bugs and gameplay related jank. It's blatantly more unfinished, I've never played a game that felt this not ready for full release besides Steam early access survival trash. And it is filled to the brim with constant, lengthy load times between absolutely every area and facet of the game. You can't even look at your inventory or change your loadout while out doing missions or free play, you can only do it from terminals in the main hub which requires upwards of 4-5 loading screens between mission zones to get to and from. The hassle and tedium of this system and the bombardment of loading screens, which can sometimes take 2-3 minutes, is basically driving reviewers up the wall and making them shit on the otherwise fun combat and decent story. Combine the game's various technical issues and failings compared to both previous good Bioware games and previous loot grind shooters like Destiny, and it definitely isn't a good game in it's current state. And frankly, I think there was already a mixed sentiment among many game reviewers that are tired of this tedious grindy genre and definitely weren't looking to praise another one even if it had been a more polished, feature complete, seamless, and solid experience than this currently is. They were ready to call it derivative and generic, which it is, because most of the world is tired of these types of games. Destiny and The Division aren't even popular, they just rope in the most desperate of loot treadmill addicts looking for their fix between WoW expansions while everyone else drops them after the first week or avoids to begin with.

Redditors are the complete opposite of the people here, they have an allergic reaction to anything negative and are obsessed with muh positivity. That's why they enjoy AAA garbage and suck corporate cock as much as possible

Agreed except that Witcher 2 is even worse and got similar scores. It was especially horrible at launch which is when reviews are made.

Attached: Uj55Q1.jpg (1920x1150, 518K)

EA forums are classic salt and delusion mines

The Daily Tortanic screencap threads were hilarious

Given how inactive he's been I doubt he'll make any. I think he's still scarred from people shitting on his VR video. He completely ignored Fallout 76 and his only recent video was a low hanging fruit that's almost universally agreed upon as bad and came out a decade ago

I suppose I did for a while if WoW counts as one. Not really anything else nowadays, because when I want to play a game I want to have fun and not get to my second job where I'm expected to be there every single day grinding away. The thing is these games can never be too fun because that level of amazing fun can't last for years while milking you out of money. I want to play games, not join the latest live service platform.

YOU KNOW I THINK I RECOGNIZE YOUR FACE BUT IVE NEVER SEEN YOU BEFORE

Games aren't that serious user

fuck you dont crawl on my floor get lost die

I like how a whole Generation of people grew up when Bioware were actually a gold standard in gaming and now a whole generation of people are growing up knowing Bioware as nothing else but making complete shit games.

You'll be reading about mass layoffs soon.

i wouldnt say the combat is the worst but to me very similar experience like i had with the arkham games very boring and extremely repetitive but its like western reviewers dont give a shit about actual combat and just like to mash one button and win games like the witcher 3 are an example you can get away with everything if your product is well round and polished because a game having that SHITTY combat should never be close to the 90s score but american and euro reviewers love shit like that

then I will fucking get it when it is good then, if you can't provide a good product from the get go then don't expect to see my money

Oh......ooh my......oooh my oh my.
WOW....

I would love to see this happen. fuck videogames and F U C K you

> I'm tempted to do a big multi-page dissection of Anthem like I did with Andromeda
anywhere i can read the andromeda one?

ded dev

games now game insane bugets averaging hundres of million like anthem or at least the avg western AAA so yes years ago a 70 never was a problem in today world is a catastrophe look of people will pass this game because the score meaning hmillions lost to EA the bare minimum for a game in today world shouls be 85 less than that is a steaming pile of garbage

>best selling game of the year
sorry but NO when a new cod release this year

I watched a few reviews, but inspite of that still want to get it because it looks nice flying over stuff (graphically and visually). If I just want to mindlessly fuck around for a few hours here and there just doing that, is Anthem ok? It's going to be free anyway, so not like I'll be spending money on it if I get it.

I dunno, the whole /m/echa just looks appealing and I don't mind wearing sunglasses during combat.

I wish. You say you are going to get it for free so why are you even asking if "it's worth to get it"? At that price just try it out for yourself. I had very low expectations and very low standards for the game, I just wanted something to have fun with a friend in, something that even a game like Far Cry 5 provided a ton of. And this game still felt barely worth it. I have a feeling you'll encounter the one thing that annoys you enough that you don't care for the game anymore, so for the price of free just try it.

So it's not even good for a mindless time waster to fuck around abit and look at pretty lights. Damn that's sad to hear, visually it looks so nice (though from what I seen and heard the hub looks ugly and very glitchy).

>Bungie on the other hand still has a fair amount of goodwill left to burn through.
What? Bungie lost almost all their good will after the D2 launch. They only managed to turn things around because they constantly talked about changes and actually delivered them all the way to Forsaken and now.

For all the shit Bungie fucked up with Destiny, it was never this bad in a technical sense. For example, Anthem really made me value how well Destiny handles loading screens. No loading screens except for loading in on a planet, or starting a PvP match, all with proper transitions (ship to warp to getting to the planet) and interactability (you could still access your inventory), unlike Anthem's loading screens which happen at all occasions, even when you fall behind your team, and consist of just static images where you can do nothing.

Attached: Screenshot_20190221_213042.png (652x472, 116K)

It has a fuckton of problems that get in the way of it being a good mindless time waster. I'd still recommend trying it out if you won't spend any money, maybe you'll find some enjoyment in just some pretty lights for a few hours.

If you are looking for an actual video game to play long term here and enjoy with friends, I really don't think this is it.

Anthem's release just sparked curiosity on if I'd enjoy a game like Destiny instead. Sadly unlike destiny I can't just go try it out for super cheap.

SIX YEARS

Attached: 1525118063686.gif (165x165, 740K)

Underrated wife's son post

this post was a blast to read

You know the gif with EA bribing the journos from a 5/10 to a 10/10? This is the same shit, except it started at a 2/10.

Attached: 1529027154416.png (387x375, 237K)

Im an older gamer (38) Ive played a lot of stuff in my time.

Lately ive been bored and looking for something to scratch that gaming itch. As Battle Royales arent my thing... Anthem seemed like what I was looking for.

I admit... since Friday its been a struggle sometimes. Literally staring at my computer WILLING IT to load faster.. always being the last one in on a mission and flying and tethering and flying... and tethering...

So color me skeptical when you said "we will patch this we will fix it"

I just played a legendary contract.

I loaded in in ... a third? a fourth? of the time I used to (HDD not SSD)

My team were there on the platform with me! Loaded in with me!

I proceed to go... and enjoy...

Something feels different immediately, some of the combat wonkyness and jitters are gone. My colossus (because Thiccboy is life) feels... more... Colossal..

I can shield and pick up my downed teamies...

the melee jitters that I felt before are gone, its so much smoother.

THE LOADING... THE LOADING IS BETTER.. SO MUCH BETTER OH GODS THE LOADING! 15-20 seconds from end expedition into the forge. Forge loads almost instantly! Fort Tarsis loads 15 seconds now? maybe?

I mean.. wow...

If you can do this in 4 days... then people NEED to give you props that you rightfully deserve.

I believe in you, the game isnt perfect, but the issues you fixed this fast shows what youre capable of and I believe youll fix the other stuff straightaway.

Im along for the ride Bioware - Thank you for making something I truly enjoy and for all the sleepless nights you guys at the office put in over the last few days to get it to the point its at now.

Most based opinion ITT. Hope it happens.

Reddit is one hell of a drug.

i know this is a shit game but im bored and have money to burn
dmc 5 cant come fast enough

Attached: 1549238587593.jpg (768x1024, 58K)

>38
>types like a 15 year old
Is this the rare specimen known as Bzoomer?

Then by something actually good for way cheaper you fucking idiot.

>I cant comprehend
Because you're dumb, duh.

Serious question, what made you think it was worth it in the first place?

Enjoy that 25 cents that has been deposited into your bank account, shill

No, it's the very common specimen known as the retard.

I feel like this was a decent effort for a small amount of (You)s, so here's another one. Next time try "the day 1 patch will fix everything", that one just reels 'em in.

nah im in the mood for a shitty grind and the gameplay is fun enough to tide me for a week

Attached: 18954984123.jpg (553x640, 48K)

I did the same thing friend, no shame

Based

Literally a failing grade.

Let me just read that microscopically tiny text, wow, what a cinematic experience!

I know. It's so fucking worth it –every cent! Buy the Premium Edition while you guys are at it, too! I'm having a b-l-a-s-t right now!

Attached: serious bodily harm - 3 out of 5.png (1231x272, 31K)

>seething that someone can have fun with a shit game
pic related

Attached: 12156165131563.png (1703x1080, 1.81M)

>The better part is that buying all this will cost less than two or three current gen unfinished games
Old games and consoles are expensive as fuck.

Destiny 2+Forsaken is 50% off on battle.net right now, so it's something, at least. I'd even say it's a good amount of content for the price.

Attached: 1500081098999.jpg (861x889, 172K)

>Comparing soulful jank Drakengard to soulless trash Anthem
Absolutely disgusting

>"And here we have a fascinating specimen of a retard that likes the AAA scene..."

Attached: 1550383149034.jpg (2000x1222, 370K)

>3/5, too much concussion, it's alright