NOOOOOOOOOOO Yea Forums YOU CANT FORGET ABOUT ME

NOOOOOOOOOOO Yea Forums YOU CANT FORGET ABOUT ME

Attached: 1534713384752.jpg (252x285, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WwCKPhlyU5M
youtube.com/watch?v=LdLvp630plc
youtube.com/watch?v=aovFJjARACY
twitter.com/Oiramdokami
twitter.com/j_rake_pygm
twitter.com/kusoepanaki
twitter.com/auroramayo30
twitter.com/tokyo_indies
youtube.com/watch?v=uJY6j8sEv5I
youtube.com/watch?v=kQ-cxoOm-YI
youtu.be/ZRjgo__XpxY?t=7712
youtube.com/watch?v=RxnJS3wykxY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gotem

LEMONADE

I tried watching a video of this game.

Holy fuck the boss battle was fucking bad and having a minigame for EVERY FUCKING OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE ACTION was a bad decision

Compile Heart games look more appealing than YIIK

Yikes

Attached: D87D315D-097C-4D75-9DA3-5295B30440E1.jpg (1280x720, 226K)

YIIK? More like cringe

Remember when this shit was shilled in VA11 Hall-A years ago?

Attached: 1508105481924.jpg (453x413, 109K)

So has this game made its money back?

isn't this game set in the year 2000? Pretty sure those lumberjack style numales didn't exist until like 2008

You should be forgotten, especially just for that ending. Christ was it shit, and I liked the fucking game otherwise.
It did shill VA-11 HALL-A too. You have one scene where you have to go get alcohol from Jill.

VELLAAAAA

Attached: crop.jpg (2025x1649, 745K)

What was so bad about the ending? The endless stream of boring looking minigames during combat turned me off.

Guys, we need to leave right now! Oh god it cannot fucking be! GUYS THIS IS URGENT IT'S A FUCKING GOLDEN ALPACA! RUN!

Lemonade

>a game made by some dudes just because they wanted to
>no money-grubbing kickstarter
unironically genuine, remember when this place wasn´t a cesspool of layers upon layers of irony?

1999 because the actual Y2K "incident" is apparently a plot element

it's also genuinely trash

Because I'm sure you don't want to hear the long version, I'll just give you the short version.

Basically the game just gives up everything it has set up in it's premise, breaking the rules it has established and just to run away from the shitty ending, the dev made a "secret ending" which is just as bad and then he says both are canon. Hell I even anticipated something along the lines of the end, but the way the game handled it was so fucking shit that I started finally hating the game. When you make a story driven game like that, that has plenty of problems, then you don't want to drive away the few people who liked it by having an ending like it. GOD DAMN.

did it pull a "just a dream" ending?

Obviously, since it´s done by a team of guys who just want to make a game they want to do, but don´t have enough experience, as they released only one game previously with a completely different genre, to actually give the game enjoyable combat

This game really wants to be Earthbound

No it didn't. The game establishes at one point how there can be no more than one same person in the same universe at the same time, but if a person leaves the universe, another them can take their place by coming to that universe. No more than one though. Then in the end the game just comes out and says "lol this one character was actually you the whole time and s/he has been using you for their own goals." Also all the other characters get thrown out and you never see them again, even though they have a big presence during the second last chapter. There's a lot of shit about the end but I'm just trying to purge it from my memory.

The secret end is even shittier, you finally find this girl that went missing at the start after wandering in some office building listening to inane shit and then the game just ends. Good thing I never spent a cent on this game.

Alex gets help from another reality version of him (You) to fight the real Alex who destroys realities just because. Eventually (You) and Alex pull some plugs to beat him since he's invincible which causes everything to merge into You as one being or something.

that sounds dumb as fuck

I think what makes this plot twist especially bad is that the main character is an obvious self-insert. It sounds like the plot of The One, which is fine (albeit a little mediocre). But it becomes especially masturbatory knowing it's the author's self-insert. Almost like he's saying, "The only person strong enough to challenge me is me!!!"

The game was so embarrassing, some of the people who worked on it are private on social network sites. For the industry, thats bad

Attached: FBC7B1A7-9D1B-4341-BF36-97ABF8741850.jpg (1204x1101, 289K)

I wouldn't want to deal with Yea Forums memeing on me constantly either. He's smart to wait a few months before coming back to social media.

The japs like it though?

I got curious and started watching an LP of this game, and holy shit the main character is a gigantic fucking asshole. Why does he have to narrate parts of the story we can clearly see? Why is his internal monologue shoved in your face, and why is it VOICED?

Hell, he has scenes where he talks to 5 versions of himself all telling him to stop being such an asshole and immediately continues being an asshole.

>Holy fuck the boss battle was fucking bad and having a minigame for EVERY FUCKING OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE ACTION was a bad decision
That's what happens when you're American and actually believe that Earthbound and SMRPG are the holy grail of RPGs and you probably liked Undertale too so bonus fag points for that..

Do they?

So anyone have a download link?

Yes? I´ll post the twitter art

Attached: Dy8b8VbVAAAOAd5.jpg (703x910, 96K)

I mean even fucking Toby Fox deleted his tweet supporting the game AND HE CONTRIBUTED A SONG TO IT.

To be fair the song was from before Undertale

I don't get the lemonade joke at all.

Proving they have shit taste again, sasuga japan

youtube.com/watch?v=WwCKPhlyU5M

>That's what happens when you're American and actually believe that Earthbound and SMRPG are the holy grail of RPGs

I like those games but calling them the "Holy Grail" is dumb.

>A minigame for EVERY FUCKING OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE ACTION

It can work if you make them Wario Ware short.

They’re great games. The mechanics in YIIK are just terrible though because of how fucking slow it all is.

LEMONADE GOAT SOUNDTRACKS

moar art

Attached: Dzxqk_KUcAIw0lV.jpg (828x1024, 132K)

Someone post Japanese YIIK.

art

Attached: Dz1iYvjV4AA3PjQ.jpg large.jpg (679x959, 86K)

Kill me

>It can work if you make them Wario Ware short.

and guess what YIIK DOESN'T do

Sorry why should I care?

post art of the cute blonde twink in the hoodie

So this game isnt even meme bad, it's just legitimately bad? It's weird not seeing a single user defend it lol.

>Finally, a game for ME!

Attached: 1528639867452.gif (440x296, 3.63M)

This game was one giant buffet of problems you could feast on if ever you needed a reason to hate games that put an emphasis on story. It's baffling how they purposely got every single thing wrong, but you know they didn't do it ironically. They actually thought it was a good product, so it doesn't even have the post-modern defense that they touted on the title.

Attached: 1546383463741.jpg (225x225, 9K)

lmah what the fuck, no way, hahahahahha

Go back a few weeks in fireden, you'll see that buyer's remorse in full force.

the game just straight up loops music from the beginning what the fuck is wrong with them

here u go
you´re in luck, there´s a lot of art with him
i do like it, but this thread exists just so people can bash it and circlejerk it, no point in throwing a match into the can of oil

Attached: DyQPTxaVAAAlynP.jpg (1200x767, 114K)

please explain
looking at gameplay makes me sick everything is so bad

With a proper frame rate I could see this game being fucking good, reminds me of shadow hearts. And I actually like the music.

explain why i like it or what it´s about?

Attached: DzizIHvV4AEveyY.jpg (1200x761, 264K)

The frame rate doesn't fix the timing though. The record would still spin that fucking slow.

You have legitimately shit taste.

Its metacritic page has some funny comments.

>oi mate, the game isn't perfect
>gives it 10/10

Attached: metamind.png (316x134, 4K)

legitimately bad

My favorite thing about this game is how most reviews trashed the main character for being an unlikable douchebag.

The main character is a self-insert of one of the creators.

wrong post
i think that video was on switch, it runs better on pc

Attached: DzizIHvV4AIWVdr.jpg (980x1200, 238K)

True I guess. You would need to speed up stuff, change the frame rate. I think theres a good game in there just you know. untalented developers.

And writers, and artists, and modelers, and lighting engines, and...

no u

Attached: DzOCFq1U0AA2NAC.jpg (1200x832, 329K)

Can some one extra explain? Is this some piss fetishism thing like Sophies Lemonade?
youtube.com/watch?v=LdLvp630plc

I also like it, but I'm so I will never ever recommend it to anyone.

kys tryhard zoomer

I can't believe I used to read HG101's reviews unironically but their review of YIKES is truly awful.
>It’s painfully familiar, and the game goes to some very real places you wouldn’t expect, including Alex’s sheltered, very white life leading him to making accidental microaggressions early on.

Attached: 1507682304445.jpg (1417x1075, 388K)

Models and art looks fine to me honestly. Writing seems about on par with most B rpg's I've played from Japan and America, but also I've never personally played YIIK
>the last RPG I played with what I'd call "good writing" was Atelier Rorona and it was literally moe slice of life
RPG's are dead

The self insert faggot looking mc is enough to make me skip the game.

Imagine having this game in your portfolio

Attached: 1550720038118.png (929x1200, 385K)

sounds like the type of person who would buy and play yiik.

>It’s painfully familiar, and the game goes to some very real places you wouldn’t expect
Ignoring everything else said in the sentence what does that even mean?

>microaggressions
What? Can one person have macroaggressions?

"This game references events and drama in one's real life that I can relate to, especially about depression and angst about being a loser".

Why do all gingers look the same. Like people say that about a lot races but it only seems to be actually true for gingers. They are either fat with a beard, no glasses and short hair, or they are thin with a beard, longer parted hair, and thick rimmed glasses. They all look the same.

the protag isn´t a self insert, although michael can be debatable

Attached: DyeCskQV4AAYNS0.jpg (848x1199, 157K)

Giggers all rook same

>Calibur-X went to every platform the game is on and gave it a positive review
The fuck?

>watch video of the combat
>SEVENTEEN SECONDS sequence of button presses to get the most out of a simple attack
Those faggot devs are clueless, this shit isn't interesting. The timed attacks/dodges element from Mario RPG is nice, but making it so drawn out is obviously going to turn the mechanic into a chore.

holy shit the design of their site is shitty as hell. what happened to the old site?

isn't hg101 a crappy sjw site nowadays? no wonder it died

I honestly think the art direction is nice but the game has a wack ass story apparently. Also too many minigames in combat.

>read HG101 a few years back to find out about a few forgotten games like Astal and Raflessia
>read it recently
What happened. I know the standards weren't particularly high, but damn

Isnt there a character that has a 15 second long attack minigame that does barely any damage?

moar art

Attached: DxQlfg5W0AABkPg.png (866x496, 81K)

>SOPHIE
nice

Attached: 1543434155869.gif (500x500, 800K)

wrong one, that´s not from a jap

Attached: DzH2sMgU0AIeO-D.jpg (905x518, 81K)

the golden alpaca lore unveils

Attached: 1.png (2542x1279, 525K)

Is very good

based keffieposter

It seems like everything does very little damage.

I think there is a real ending where you get your friends back but the requirements are so asinine nobody can figure it out.

this game is so bad it probably doesn't even have rule34

Except it is a self insert
Dont have the photo right now but the main characters are literally the main dev and his boyfriend's wife

some bonus jill

Attached: DzrQBLeVYAAMi-i.jpg large.jpg (971x860, 125K)

I doubt it.

>HG101
Jesus what the fuck happened.

cute jill

>that photo
That was a photo of someone else. But since Yea Forums and reddit are pretty much one and the same, no one actually bothered doing any research.

Based

Attached: DxaVIi8UwAAf7Ak.jpg (1200x675, 100K)

this is the main devs though

Attached: 1547833328218.jpg (644x360, 23K)

The photo is fake you dumb shit it’s just some basedboy.

I've played all sorts of epic maymay earrape indie "games" made as jokes and shit like shrek adventures and sanic shit, and not for a small amount of time. Tons of trippy flashy eyerape stuff also. I've also played VR for hours with no nausea. Despite that, watching a video of this for just a few minutes made me feel physically ill, as in I had to lay down and just breathe and stare at the ceiling. I don't know what kind of witchcraft hex bullshit they put on this game but I am convinced it is heavily cursed.

Attached: undertale_lore.jpg (460x280, 111K)

How could this game die? Would it have been on the news? How come I'm just hearing about this now?

Did they just have a dart board with random things on them and threw darts at it at random?

HC101 use to be good. Sure the articles were sometimes hack jobby, but you could tell that it was people who actually enjoyed games and wanted to write about them. I learned about quite a few off beat titles from the site (mostly PC-98 stuff)
Now it's people writing based on a quota for Patreon bucks and come off like they also work for Kotaku.
Its a shame.

I said this in the last thread you posted that in but ill say it again, those were made to fuck with you, but this shit wasn't, some retard thought people would sit down and have a good time with all the grating visuals and audio

Attached: Political Views.png (1043x546, 615K)

dunno, maybe?

Attached: DzWrFPWVYAAdMZt.jpg (679x916, 64K)

This game is very problematic.

Attached: YUK.png (1216x906, 528K)

Sorry I didn't get to reply to you last thread, had work. Yeah, it really boggles my mind that someone actually sat there after they finished it, thought "yeah, this is good, people are going to enjoy this sensory hell", and shipped it. I guess he just had yes men surrounding him, so there was no voice of reason or dissent going "dude what no, my eyes and ears are bleeding, you can't ship this".

Attached: 1548785798170.jpg (1000x563, 141K)

IIRC that was on PC, just on a toaster.

I'm guessing it's the word "parents" that triggered this retard? I don't know anymore man

Attached: bloomer.jpg (1024x1024, 198K)

It has audio files and an associated boss so yeah it is.

it's ok for an indie game, the dev got heart, hope he makes another game
girl who is based on the dead elevator girl is fucked up tho

Deadnaming is very triggering toward trans folx.
Please be more considerate.

another jap screenshot

Attached: DzJ7HMhUUAAjFCb.jpg (1200x675, 57K)

Based transchad putting this nu-male in his place

Attached: 1548101934163.png (630x954, 143K)

Forgot the bit where he refunded the game even after the developer grovelled.

What makes this game so fun to shit on? I can't pinpoint it exactly.

Attached: Lucario Mains.jpg (960x960, 86K)

it could be a self insert without looking alike, but they're söyboys like the player character

>this is the work of a enemy stand

fuck transchad this is a victory for everyone with a shitty birth name

Attached: 1550085679830.png (614x651, 582K)

Attached: 50e524f6-97f8-49cb-bba7-a8b974f9529f.png (637x448, 43K)

IT'S MA'AM *flexes muscles*

Attached: file.png (474x266, 341K)

What is he even trying to say with the way he worded whats your name?
Context?

>devs right fucking now

Attached: eternalzero.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

>complies to their demands
>still tries to fuck you over
Never, ever, give an inch to trannies.

It's the perfect cross of peak hipsterdom and poor gameplay. On top of that it eve failed to be a hit with its intended crowd. Case in point:

your mom is a basedboy

Attached: DyyzKgaUcAAgMlT.jpg large.jpg (1777x2048, 480K)

why they didn't stand with his own decision? why they have to hear some idiot in twitter?

>can't even get past a filter
lmfao keep chugging the sòylent mr I'm sorry for offending mentally ill people

He's saying its "transphobic" because the name your parents gave you is wrong. Trannies like to pretend they've known they were whatever gender since birth.

I can't because I never knew who you were before

This is legitimately a shitty thing to do, especially when the devs were nothing but understanding.

[whistling intensifies]

Attached: mind-yiik.jpg (960x540, 55K)

Especially since they chose to take off a few inches from themselves.

Wario ware gives you more than 5 minigames to play.

Based. Weak cucks like the devs deserve to be stepped on.

Attached: file.png (607x608, 617K)

someone making a game you don´t like is a mental illness now?

Attached: DzH2qyxVAAECpsO.jpg (688x487, 54K)

this guy's a retard for being triggered by something so stupid, but honestly they could've just worded it better. just say "what's your name?" why bother "your parents gave you" stuff?

They probably thought it was going to be another undertale so they tried to make some Jap level art incase the game blew up

>this is who posts in Smash threads

Attached: fgdd.png (637x606, 150K)

no dummie, dudes thinking they're girls who demand to be treated as such are mentally ill

GET WOKE GO BROKE

the art i´ve been posting is from a jap though

Attached: DzH2s9FUYAI8XW0.jpg (711x594, 47K)

i thought nintendo didn't give refunds, wtf

but the devs aren´t trannies, user

Attached: Dzb3Dd-U8AA4e1J.jpg (679x959, 61K)

>I'm a great writer!
>I'm very intelligent!
Great writing there, guys. fucking ace, 10/10.

Attached: 1387072317234.png (1100x1000, 358K)

they probably like it like they like hong kong 97

but the devs are weak enough to genuflect to the first tranny that makes a dumb complaint

Why does my cute Jill have to be in this shit game?

>he thinks using ò to get past the onions filter counts

Publisher shenanigans. Same reason why YIIK was shilled in Jill's game.

Too much soul for you, weeb?

Attached: DxgGPR0U0AA0cAa.jpg (1200x675, 90K)

>I've seen some shit

Why does she look like she has dollar signs for pupils?

She looks pretty soulless to me.

She looks so dead.

Attached: 1467088268067.gif (145x186, 24K)

he didn´t want to start a twitter war against xim, so he just yesman´d xer
maybe, and?

Attached: DzrhBqvUwAAnCWi.jpg (899x1199, 216K)

>Why do all Wh!teoids look the same? They are either fat with a beard, no glasses and short hair, or they are thin with a beard, longer parted hair, and thick rimmed glasses. They all look the same.

>complain to devs on social media
>valid or not, they acknowledge your complaint and try to fix it
>still ask for a refund and even post proof to gloat about it
Goddamn, you need to be a special kind of heartless asshole to pull shit like this.

Attached: aq.png (380x226, 80K)

No I mean in game context like what angle are they even going?

what is this?

Attached: 1541134375367.png (442x341, 214K)

Or just mentally ill.

A terrible game.

YIIK

a really bad RPG

And now we wait for Get in the Car, Loser.

pretty sure she was shoehorned in by the publisher after va11halla was a success with the weebs, a npc has better model

Attached: 2018122711524200-394E67B38C76D9F5011244C182035222.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

>main dev and his boyfriend's wife
wat?

Attached: chuckling_stops.gif (245x246, 1.93M)

holy shit is the framerate actually that fucking bad

Attached: chrys.png (285x417, 205K)

man trans people sure do hate this game

Attached: Untitled.png (1067x885, 580K)

that video has bad framerate but the animations are still pretty fucked.

game asks you a shitton of meaningless questions from the very start

>trans people sure do hate this game

good thing that 50% will suicide anyways

Pretentious I see I guess that’s why they call it YIIKES

Imagine having this game in your collection

imagine the smell.

They are trying to clarify “your real name this isn’t the name of the character”

but what if your real name is Alex?

The game doesn't allow you to enter Alex as a name

Yes it does.

How do these people function in the real world?

Could you tell me WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

>tfw i can still read 1337speak pretty easily despite it being over a decade since that was even remotely commonly used
I found this tweet and the text they're complaining about is "dumbfucks" and probably "retards" in 1337speak, nothing else strikes me as even remotely bad. there's another tweet where there's some more obviously stupid writing "isnt it weird that the black guy knows how to pick locks" since pointing that out is clearly just asking to taken like it's racist

>tranny
>speedrunner
pottery

>unedited

Attached: 1536855786285.jpg (733x728, 41K)

Not an argument. They fucked up on so many levels, it's beyond being able to use "unexperienced" as an excuse. The game is shit. They messed up everything you can mess up in. Story, music, characters, artstyle, graphics and gameplay.
It's like they never actually tried playing their game themselves, because it's really not that hard to notice that it isn't fun to play.

What? Source?

Who are you?

Some twitter art doesn't mean the Japanese liked it.

The story and most characters are pretty good for most of the game, that only fucks up in the end. The athmosphere the game has is really good for the most part, which comes with the artstyle I can see dividing opinions. But yeah, most of the music is forgettable at best, the only real banger is what Toby Fox did, and the gameplay is pure slog even after you get EP Strike, figure out how to abuse Claudio and get Essentia.

It feels like a fever dream

She's a roastie

There's some easter egg where Vella and someone else come into the bar and talk about YIIK or something. I'm guessing the devs were friends or something?

trannies can't be based

How can you be great at philosophy?

Attached: 1476833101588.jpg (500x489, 37K)

So what are you trying to prove? The ending of story is one of the most important aspects of it. If that's the point where it fucks up the story is bad. Imagine reading a mystery story that builds up really interesting mysteries, great characters and all only to have an open end without anything being resolved? You would call it a shit story, wouldn't you?
And you already admitted that the music and gameplay are bad and the artstyle at the very least controversial and nothing special.
So basically that the game is shit.

The immediate line after he admits he’s not good at anything useful.

the ost has some good tracks, like protomichael´s forest, did you even listen to the whole soundtrack?
the story is purely a subjective matter, Yea Forums itself likes to circlejerk that story doesn´t matter
artstyle and graphics are the strongest point, you have to be an absolute contrarian to consider pic related not maximum soul
the gameplays is pretty shit though, yes
youtube.com/watch?v=aovFJjARACY

Attached: soul.png (1280x721, 701K)

how did we let these parasites into gaming I will never know

by having cool opinions

This being shilled in Va11Halla is as bad as those Battleborn characters in Ready Player One.

Attached: imagesj.jpg (300x168, 12K)

>I'm a trans girl
So a man?

but they do though? at least the japanese who played it

Attached: DzI5eBLUYAI1rhx.jpg (1200x983, 195K)

Honestly, this game is so fucking bad its not even funny.
Are the creators seriously that unaware of themselves and the tropes surrounding their type of people?

I mean cmon, this is obvious from the main character attacking with a fucking record and a turn table.
A polaroid? a fucking keyboard?
"randumb" humor thats not even remotely funny?
These people are the epitomy of the most typical shit ever, and if this doesnt make them take a hard look at themselves in the mirror and find a new path in life, then i feel incredibly sorry for them.
I´d be embarassed big time about this.

Link please. Either to the fanarts or some person who played it. I will only believe it if I see it for myself.

By being open to other philosophical opinions and trying to intelligently consider them. People who are bad at philosophy pick one philosophy and go hardcore with it without any consideration to other perspectives.

jesus christ you're pathetic

Attached: SOYBOY.png (708x464, 407K)

It's not that hard to believe. There are many type of otaku in japan, including ones that stans western media. How'd you think Undertale got so big, the only other language available in Deltarune is japanese?

he's a retard who believes everything he reads on Yea Forumseddit

epic

based

Link please, as I said. You said thus implying it's either popular or at least a niche hit in Japan. While I do believe that a few guys may have liked it, I struggle to believe that the above happened, so I kindly ask for the source of your belief.

user, all fanart i´ve posted in the thread are from japs
twitter.com/Oiramdokami
twitter.com/j_rake_pygm
twitter.com/kusoepanaki
twitter.com/auroramayo30
twitter.com/tokyo_indies
enough for you?

Yeah, thanks.

The way the camera jumps around back and forth is disorienting.

Pathetic attempt

This lol. It's like saying you're great at reading. Or saying you're great at logic, which is debatable in this case.

Transgirls are girls too, user. Modern comics told me so.

Attached: adamsapple.png (658x275, 127K)

They don't. That's why they spent their entire day on discord raiding Yea Forums and other boards to correct ""wrong think"""

People who never come to firm conclusions are equally bad at philosophy.

They are only barely similar in concept to YIIK

But that is a legit question, if you change your name isnt mean what your old name disappears.

Attached: 1548018120892.png (329x313, 183K)

Why was it shilled though? it's not like it was going to release soon or anything, this game honestly feels like something from 2013

Same thing happened with Battleborn, we're drawn to conflict. That was a beautiful year of shit posting and harassing of Randy Pitchford

Attached: 1519617414428.jpg (1440x2448, 580K)

Fuck off retard.
Earthbound has no shitty mini-games in the middle of the combat.
and SMRPG attacks blends perferfectly with the game.

>tfw FUCKING LUIGI pirates your game

forgot pic

Attached: luigi.jpg (231x218, 12K)

By actually knowing the history oh philosophy? Just like history fags are good at history?

Fuck off I never would have heard of this idiot if you weren't all rabid monkeys getting mad at anybody with glasses and a beard

Seems more like a guilty pleasure game to me, like the Sonic 06 of RPG or something like that.

but randy pitchford´s a piece of shit, why did twitter cappers not just contain their Yiikes on Yea Forums, and just completely shat on the devs for no reason epic gamergate style?

I have to remind myself the site is still a thing.

If we disregard the gameplay it was enjoyable to me in terms of story and music(most of the time.) Keep in mind I didn't pay for it though.

So that's what these kids dancing to crazy frog are up to today

Itt: People who didn't play the game claim they don't like it because they watched a let's play and guffawed at everything with a group of 20 people with no intention of liking it.

what the fuck, I thought HG101 was a place to go about import shit?

>it's okay to follow a stereotype of people living in trailer parks
>OH NO NO NO WE DON'T WANT TO OFFEND TRANSPEOPLE WITH SOME REALLY SMALL STUFF THEY MIGHT FEEL OFFENDED OVER

Devs are a joke.

The LISA/Deltarune killer

as much as I think his game sucks and he's a horrible designer/writer/human being; I do envy him in the fact that he's made a game that's even decently well known. If I made a bad game and Yea Forums shit all over it constantly in every thread but some people did like it and it sold relatively well I think I'd be okay with that overall.

Attached: 1534642895903.png (758x475, 414K)

The translation was probably done by someone who's gag reflex wasn't destroyed by years of sucking dick, unlike the original writers

shut up nu-male

Attached: 1402140241027.jpg (1257x206, 83K)

I kind of agree. Sure, the game is pretty shit, but there looks like a lot of work went into it, so I'll give them credit that they actually finished making it at least.

Ok I'll just call them tranny to be safe

What's that smell?
I think it's smelly
Smelly smelly smelly
Tranny smelly

It's been shilled for years, I wouldn't be envious of it getting publicity because it's been a bit of a forced meme. Any time an indie game becomes big before release there's a big chance it's just the developers being friends with journos.

> I don't want to try to make things better, I just want to be angry.
Of course.

i really don't care about the game, but holy shit

Attached: 300 mad.png (500x738, 275K)

That text box is pretty ugly. Drab colors, bad font/spacing. It's like they hired some guy for 3$ to do the UI.

The colors are at least selectable, but the rest is still pretty shit.

Shilled isn't really the word. People have been discussing it because on the one hand you have the sjws who feel betrayed that the game doesn't portray being a hipster faggot as a good thing and then on the other side you have the anons who just want to shit on the game no matter what because the MC is a hipster faggot. The only people who like this game are the people who don't need their protagonist to be "da coolest dude ever" Mary sue shits like Yuri/Ike.

>game set in the late 90's
>everybody is dressed like a 2010's hipster

Attached: IMG_20190212_235402.jpg (1443x1083, 119K)

The game takes place in present day time is just fucked because the reality is falling apart.

At least the art is good sometimes.

The devs were required to include Easter eggs to other games from their publisher Ysbyrd. The 2 devs have stated before that they didn't really want to do it, but had to.

I watched it for a while and I was surprised when I realized I was only four minutes in when it felt like much longer. That battle system really needs a lot of retooling.

Why do developers care to please people like this? They complain about games that they probably don't even play.

The moment someone got "triggered" it opened the floodgates for all the attention whores to out-offend eachother.

Why must she look like a triggered cunt 24/7?

Why do hipsters have such a punchable face?

I want to FUCK the Essentia 2000

Someone translate this abortion into normal english for me please

No

I want to strangle whoever composed this shit music.

Attached: AAAAAHH.jpg (858x1024, 50K)

ask reddit

This game is really shit, I played it through to the end cause I wanted to see where the story would go with it's concepts. Admittly, there were somewhat memorable portions of the game (Essentia waking up and the New years segment) but it's all tainted by everything else in the game. I legit hope the devs learn from their numerous mistakes with this experiment.

I also enjoyed some of the soundtrack, sue me

Attached: 1534281858363.jpg (599x400, 27K)

It's cut off and I can't decipher it allbut i'll do my best:
>Up dumbfucks people kill themselves because condition this is true the condition I suffer from normal I am not like sane people not normal in the same way every other one of you brave. I can think. I can read illgently. I can observe and I can make my own decisions. Through on them and I can

My cat makes that stupid ass face the girl is doing when he's relaxed

That's the entire game. I think the models are half decent but the color palette makes it look really ugly.

thanks

Japs also like Gundam Seed so it's not like their taste was ever that reliable.

Yes please.

>I legit hope the devs learn from their numerous mistakes with this experiment.

Wasn't their previous game an equally bad RPG?

People hate this game because they see their own reflection in Alex. He resonates with people to the point that they outright hate the idea that he's just as flawed as the person playing the game.

There's that, but also many other things like there being a ridiculous amount of filler, the battle system being fucking annoying, and apparently throwing away a potentially good plot near the end.

Honestly I have no knowledge of their previous game and only heard it in passing. If what you say is true, then I don't know what is going through their minds. I still stand by my statement. Making games ain't easy but feedback and self-reflection can go a long way when creating something.

Too bad another game did flawed anti-social protagonist learns how to open up and be a better person much better.

Attached: Neku.Sakuraba.full.814457.jpg (683x751, 79K)

Shadow Hearts has fucking weird music too, but not THAT bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=uJY6j8sEv5I

>twewy is so shitty that it only looks good when compared to an absolute garbagefest like YIKES
Really makes you think.

Attached: 1548857191441.png (512x512, 117K)

There were couple spots in the game where Alex was much more correct than the others, yet he still got chastised for it. But he was also written to be an unbelievable asshole at points and I don't think anyone could see themselves in him.

People dislike the game because the voice acting, the writing, the story, the soundtrack, the visuals and the basically everything is fever dream sensory abuse.

A frogposter having played any game he's crapping on is a 30% chance at best.

Attached: 20190108110806_1.jpg (1366x768, 239K)

dumb clownposter.

I WANT TO FUCK VALLHALLA ESSENTIA

>The only way to make people like a "flawed" protagonist is to make him super cool and special because he can use all the pins no matter what and to have him instantly get over all his issues in the first 3 days of a 21 day game

Yeah sure. Neku is a "flawed" protagonist that does bad things because he's in a shit situation, it's not the same thing.

it is possible to be good at reading tho
speed-reading with high comprehension is a thing

>animes
no thanks

Attached: 1535996352501.png (380x380, 69K)

They at least look somewhat nice here.

>tranny
>speedrunner
Of fucking course

Attached: 1545363633629.jpg (530x424, 171K)

Vella is cute she just has resting bitch face.

>mudslime in sweden
Swedistan is cucked even in video games lmao

I think I'm going to be sick.

Attached: DFezXnSUQAAarHq.jpg (975x530, 50K)

Neku literally almost killed Shiki, dude. And coldly dismisses Rhyme’s death.

>TWEWY
>shitty
Why are frogposters always dumb as fuck?

>Neku
>gets over all of his issues within the first three days
Nigga, have you actually played TWEWY?

Yea Forums will never forget.

Attached: 1540534565673.jpg (3000x3000, 2.23M)

The leveling system in this game sounds like it's really fucking annoying.

jesus christ that looks like a roblox level

>Almost killed Shiki

Under threat of erasure with no knowledge of the rules due to his amnesia. And Rhyme's death happens within the first few days.

Based and TWEWYpilled

Attached: A09AD08D-D502-448C-856A-C936B5E21F21.jpg (2889x1926, 1.21M)

Doesn’t change the fact the he literally ignores Shiki telling him to not trust the oh so obviously evil Reaper lady and how he basically shuts down Rhyme’s death to focus on himself, to the point that Shiki basically calls him inhuman.

Vella is CUTE

>Having a minigame for EVERY attack and defensive move was a mistake

I disagree, the problem wasn't the mini games but how long they took

L
E
M
O
N
A
D
E

maybe dont pander to literally mentally ill people?

I don't remember the part in SMRPG that had you playing a minigame (not making a timed input or a few inputs, an actual minigame) for every single attack you use and the enemy uses, with aoes counting as many attacks.

Everything about this is nauseating and disorienting. I don't know how I would be able to play this for an hour without literally feeling physically sick.

It’s sad that good music is wasted on this trash game. The one song during one of the final bosses is awesome yet it will be forever associated with mediocrity.

youtube.com/watch?v=kQ-cxoOm-YI

lmao, serves these dumb faggots right.

>Aoes counting as many attacks

I think this is by far the biggest thing that slows the combat down but I also think people complaining about the combat being slow are dumb, Alex one shots everything as soon as he gets his last ability. Longest fight in the game is that god damn alpaca.

post some quality screenshots of this game please

>always thought it was pronounced "Y-i-i-k"
>just now got that its a play on the word "Y 2 K" like the supposed end of the world belief

please tell me im not the only one

Attached: 1550628875780.png (474x711, 113K)

I just found out because of you, but this is also the first thread I've been in about this game.

Man these are the kind of people who try to tell me I have no right to use the word retard when I actually live with one. If these sorts had to live 2 weeks with the tardo I take care of they would go straight up insane, I love putting these complete fuckers in their place whenever they try pulling this shit on me.

Attached: Dream_Lemonade_Sprite.png (66x90, 4K)

You think the lemonade part is bad? Look at this boss: youtu.be/ZRjgo__XpxY?t=7712

>video games were a mistake
Appropriate
Also what minute are you talking about?

The voice acting is terrible too.

2:08:33 for some reason the embed doesn't go there but it works if you copy the link.

I am seeing way past that and the voice acting is awful
This game is so shit, somebody should make a sound webm of that part

How does a game consistently have unfitting battle music?

Man who saw Kirbopher and thought "yes, this would be an okay voice actor for the main character". Hell even Square was stupid enough to use him for Therion but at least his lines were so edgy that it almost worked

You can make it less worse by just asking the bird to pick the doors for you, but even with this you still get exposed with a lot of awful whistling.

>black guy plays a minigame for half a minute to attack

>posting the worst Shadow Hearts game
The only one worth playing is Covenant.

youtube.com/watch?v=RxnJS3wykxY

>People hate this game because they see their own reflection in Alex. He resonates with people to the point that they outright hate the idea that he's just as flawed as the person playing the game.

Ah the "IF YOU HATE THIS BADLY WRITTEN CHARACTER, YOU HARE YOURSELF" strawman to deflect any legit criticism against him.

If you fuck up you basically do no damage. That's the best part.

I want to see you write a better one. I'll wait.

The battle music is ear bleed inducing here.

>"But you have to understand that I am telling you the true reality of the situation."
Nobody talks like this.

The difference between this and Shadow Hearts is that Shadow Hearts had a good fucking combo system.

Ending a chain with an up air usually allowed for the next character to combo them easily, but sometimes it didn't work if the enemy was too heavy to be up aired. Same with down smash, which worked better on light airborne enemies. Side smash did more damage if they were near a wall, and so forth.

The ring mini game was just a small part of Shadow Hearts gameplay. Though I admit, it was pretty fun when you got third eye and had to hit all 5 zones blind.

>I disagree, the problem wasn't the mini games but how long they took

Yeah, I brought that up in >I want to see you write a better one. I'll wait.
Why bother, you will just call it shit no matter what I type

I'm making the YIIK killer. Just you wait

I don't get it, it's gonna be more awful or better?

What makes nu-males so punchable?

better

>Put in two secret endings with actual final bosses
>Make them needlessly convoluted to find to the point nobody has figured it out
>Also program the game in such a way it's almost impossible to datamine anything but "they exist"
>Make the default ending force you to fight 2 unwinnable boss battles that you can easily reduce to 1 hp

Attached: 1548135974063.png (337x389, 153K)

If I ever make a game I want to add a line that ask for gender like in pokemon

>Are you a boy or a girl
>>Boy
>>Girl
>>Other

If the pick >Other then the character asking says:

>Don't be silly. Are you a boy or a girl?

And then the options appear again without the >other
Just to trigger tumblrinas.

>twewy was a good game

Fuck off.

Attached: twewy.jpg (640x427, 33K)

Holy shit the music during the fight is godawful.

Do that, and every news outlet will call you sexist or whatever, and give your game massive coverage.

Why did you post the scene that actually helps cements TWEWY as a good game?

Are there really two secret endings?

because she is a cheap whore

Sounds like you're just a narcissist who cares more about popularity and “muh legacy” than making a quality product, which I’m not too surprised about given you’re clearly a massive weeb who’s fucked in the head to some degree.

>shitting one of the most kino title drops in a game

Attached: 5F62EDA4-3A6F-4AAC-95AB-8ED2DD6CA34D.jpg (960x540, 47K)

why does this bitch look angry all the time?

Yep. The devs said so and you can find the voicelines from them in the files. The devs are being incredibly unhelpful and just keep pointing to "the tower on the map" as a trigger for it though.

Wouldn't you be angry all the time if you were stuck in this shitty game?

>RARR STRONK FEMAL KARACTAR GRR GRR

>(unedited)
please say sike

Yeah, look at the Mario & Luigi series. The combat is great because you always have to be on your toes.

the game is trash but I jacked it to the asian girl and the chubby keytard MC girl

I actually did forget this game existed. And I inevitably will again in a few days' time.

why wont these faggots just grow a fucking spine already?

I would be angry all the time if I had to deal with Alex.

*sips*

Now metal...that was some real music.

Attached: boomer.jpg (1920x1080, 406K)

Perfect.

Any person that claims to be a gamer is asking for a fish morphing ending.

whats the combat system like? i heard you need to do various minigames for attacking and defending
and thats what im trying to do im my rpg game but im afraid thats a bad idea

They don't, user.

They are not even proper human beings, try again.

It's not a bad idea, just don't go fucking overboard like this game does
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga hit the sweet spot

its not a bad idea, its just that this specific game makes them unfun and long, the minigame must be fast, specially if its a turn based game and dont mess with the pacing

You know how Paper Mario can have some longer moves that require more player input? Imagine that but longer and you can't fuck up at all or else the attack does absolutely nothing.

>whats the combat system like? i heard you need to do various minigames for attacking and defending
Yes

but the minigames are so fucking long that they artificially lengthen the battles by like 200%.

I mean fucking Shadow Hearts and Paper Mario got the combat minigames right by:
1. Being short
2. Being simple
3. Only using a small handful of them, on the case of Shadow Hearts, only one.

What these guys said, especially citing Superstar Saga. A button press or combination to accentuate the action that's already happening, or to block/dodge/counter is dandy. Switching to a completely different game for 30 seconds for every fucking combat action is not.

Why does this game have an imdb page?
Also does anyone know how old are those two faggots that made the game? Can't find anything about them.

Attached: firefox_2019-02-22_02-11-18.png (667x416, 23K)

The only game I see get the minigame and battle system together perfectly is The Desolate Hope.

so would that mean my warioware clone combat system will work?

>so would that mean my warioware clone combat system will work?

depends if the microgames are quick and you don't use too many different types of microgames.

It's a novel idea but you also need to handle how it's executed. YIIK does the execution badly to use it as a "what not to do" sheet.

I guess? can you show some gameplay?

If the only reason you're not doing regular turned based combat is to appeal to people who don't like turned based games or to make it "engaging," just bin the idea altogether.

This sounds like they used normal battle music for a boss ish encounter that doesn't fit the scenario. This is usually why games will have multiple boss/encounter tracks to play because this jazz stuff doesn't fit the cutscene that played just before it

>someone already thought of my idea
NOOOOO FUCK
I was thinking of a battle system where special moves and commands are completed through WarioWare like minigames (usually really fast and weird)

>depends if the microgames are quick and you don't use too many different types of microgames
2-3 seconds max, i dont know the optimal amount of minigames there should be
i just barely started making it
just wanted to try to do something unique

Neither the leggy meteor and the last battle are true final bosses bc they are uwinnable. The game dos not even hint that so you spend minutes on two pointless fights
Quality work

by being able to convince people that your opinion is fact

Be a YouTube commenter on Jordan Peterson or Stefan Molyneux's channel

>The game dos not even hint
In yuck's defense they do make it pretty clear the world has been ending for a while and there is absolutely nothing they can do to stop the meteor threat.

Mister Allanson, why do you persist?

Attached: ajen_smidt.jpg (1700x1700, 257K)

>defending yuck
I wish the meteor boss didn't look like a science fair project. All tension evaporated once it landed and it's adventure time limbs moved about.

No, it's what happens when you completely misunderstand what made Earthbound and co actually resonate well with people

That and being able to kill/stun it so easily too. Why make it seem like you couldn't stop it from happening when killing it wasn't hard to do but still require you to actually lose to it to continue.

this, they are just garbage in human form without value or goal in life and with a high probability of suicide after 30. Everyone should just ignore them

what made Earthbound and co actually resonate well with people?

YIIK, more like YIIKES!

Attached: 3486379.jpg (143x137, 4K)

t. faggot with glasses and a beard

Generally speaking, the feeling that you're a kid going on an adventure around the real world with a quirky tone that doesn't push itself into WOW SO WACKY AND WEIRD like its imitators do. Hell, I'd even argue Undertale actually managed to replicate that feeling as you're just a lost child exploring a realm of monsters presumed to be malicious, only for almost all of them to be innocuous beings with quirky attitudes. Simply put, it's got a weird and zany tone without shoving it in your face as if that's all it's got going for it
YIIK completely misses the point by opting to purely go off of WOW SO WACKY AND WEIRD with shit like LEMONADE and the main premise of the girl being tossed into a random pocket dimension. Couple that with the fact that the cast is just a bunch of adults that lack any of the world integration Earthbound and UT had going for themselves. They also shove in combat minigames in order to stand out further but they clearly never considered how that'd affect the experience.

Not him, and I certainly don't speak for everyone, but part of why EB works in my mind is the fact that the characters are younger children. That is, it's the kind of adventure that someone that young who's in the midst of growing up with the likes of Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy would imagine themselves going on. Yahtzee's review of EB touched on something similar. It helps the weirdness work, too, because of how active kids' imaginations are. YIIK, on the other hand, looks like it's just trying to be quirky just for the sake of it, and the characters being older makes it feel less like a relatable childhood fantasy and more like Kingdom Hearts Parking Lot.

>black girl is actually cute in-game
Don't make me agree with the YIIK waifufag now.